PDA

View Full Version : Pacquiao-Mayweather is Officially Off

JJ_JKidd
01-07-2010, 01:50 AM
The much-anticipated showdown between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather, tentatively scheduled for March 13 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, isn't happening, Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told ESPN.com on Wednesday night.

"The fight's off," Arum, who promotes Pacquiao, said from Las Vegas.

The fight died after a last-ditch attempt at mediation failed.

Arum said Pacquiao would move on and likely fight junior middleweight titlist Yuri Foreman on March 13 or March 20.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4803490

Good luck to Boxing!

ULT WARRIOR408
01-07-2010, 02:01 AM
Yeah I just saw it on ESPN that the fights off.Bummer.

Havoc Wreaker
01-07-2010, 03:13 AM
All on Mayweather. ****ing idiot.

JPHX
01-07-2010, 03:36 AM
Bull ****. its all hype. Mayweather is just an effing chode. How come hes never made a big deal about drug testing in his other fights? fool is just trying to be the bully while all pacquiao is doing is just standing his ground. But im not gonna sweat it. This fight is gonna happen, too much money involved for it to drop on a silly issue like drug testing.

PraiseJesus
01-07-2010, 04:01 AM
Mayweather won't fight Sugar Shane either.

Hes a punk

DCB/LAL
01-07-2010, 04:06 AM
All Pacquiaos fault! :mad:

H.E.R.
01-07-2010, 11:01 AM
This fight is gonna happen, too much money involved for it to drop on a silly issue like drug testing.

This fight may never happen. Pacquiao has a good chance of retiring into politics this year after a fight with Foreman. He could live as a king in the Philippines. I don't think he would have a problem leaving all that money on the table as much as Mayweather. Then you have his impending lawsuit against Mayweather.

All Pacquiaos fault! :mad:

How was this entirely Pacquiao's fault? He's following the rules. Mayweather requested ADDITIONAL blood tests. Pacquiao was the one willing to compromise. Mayweather refused even through mediation.

NYKnickFanatic
01-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Mayweather doesnt want Pacquiao. He wants to stay undefeated.

Damn. :mad:

camador22
01-07-2010, 12:53 PM
The fight is off due to Pacman not Mayweather. All Pacquiao had to due was agree to a cutoff date but so long as the blood test are random. Pacquiao doesn't look natural for his weight and the last time I thought that was against Fernando Vargas and he tested positive for steriods. The best offer Pacman had was 24 days and not random B.S and I'm gald mayweather turned it down. HGH could only be detected by blood within two days of its use. Meaning testing 24 days before and unrandom could equal a full cycle of HGH. I'm pissed that Manny couldn't man up and take two tablespoons of blood. It's probably cause he's scared Floyd will embarrass him :mad:. Manny also had a big request of 10M per pound over and mayweather signed off on it the same day.

H.E.R.
01-07-2010, 01:45 PM
The fight is off due to Pacman not Mayweather. All Pacquiao had to due was agree to a cutoff date but so long as the blood test are random. Pacquiao doesn't look natural for his weight and the last time I thought that was against Fernando Vargas and he tested positive for steriods. The best offer Pacman had was 24 days and not random B.S and I'm gald mayweather turned it down. HGH could only be detected by blood within two days of its use. Meaning testing 24 days before and unrandom could equal a full cycle of HGH. I'm pissed that Manny couldn't man up and take two tablespoons of blood. It's probably cause he's scared Floyd will embarrass him :mad:. Manny also had a big request of 10M per pound over and mayweather signed off on it the same day.

Mayweather started his amateur career at 106. In fact, when they were both 16, they were at 106. Mayweather has a title at 154 and no one has ever accused him of taking performance enhancing drugs. Pacquiao's power comes from his huge legs, something he's had and worked on since the beginning of his career. And going off the case of Pacquiao and Mayweather, do you realize how many boxers have gone up in weight throughout their career?

Mayweather's advisor, Al Haymon, and his promoter, Golden Boy, even agreed to Pacquiao's compromise. Mayweather himself refused the compromise.

The $10 million penalty also had precedent. Mayweather paid only $600,000 for being two pounds overweight against Marquez. Pacquiao HAS NEVER failed a drug test. Blood testing HAS NEVER been used in any professional boxing fight, including any of Mayweather's previous fights. Pacquiao is following all the rules and is willing to go beyond what's required concerning drug tests. He should take random blood tests and alter his training camp because they believe he's taking PEDs without any proof?

Not to mention, Mayweather's replacement might be Paulie Malignaggi. Pacquiao's will be Yuri Foreman. HBO can market a whole 8th division title with the latter fight for a PPV. How the hell are they going to market the former? The Mayweathers and Golden Boy also face Pacquiao's defamation lawsuit. If Pacquiao wins, whatever money Mayweather doesn't owe to his other lawsuits could go to him.

Mayweather shot himself in the foot on this one. He may have tarnished Pacquiao's career with the allegations, but he'll forever be known as the guy that ducks challenges. Look at the The Ring's Top Welterweights and tell me if he's fought any of them (He's been campaigning there since 2006). Look at his resume and tell me they are better than the guys available. What a shame. All that talent going to waste.

JJ_JKidd
01-07-2010, 01:51 PM

Arum said Pacquiao agreed to ease his demands on the drug testing window but Mayweather wouldn't.

Arum said Pacquiao agreed to shorten the window for a blood test to 24 days before the fight. In order to receive a Nevada boxing license, Pacquiao took the standard annual blood test 24 days before his May 2009 fight with Ricky Hatton.

"Manny accepted what was on the table and Mayweather rejected it," Arum said. "Haymon and Schaefer tried to convince Floyd all [Tuesday night] and [Wednesday] and he wouldn't agree to it. He didn't want the fight. He never wanted the fight. I always knew the fight wouldn't happen."

The drug testing became a major issue when Floyd Mayweather Sr., the father of the fighter, made several public remarks accusing Pacquiao of using performance-enhancing drugs without a shred of proof. Mayweather Jr. later made similar remarks about him using PEDs, even though Pacquiao denies it and has never failed a drug test.

"When the fight was offered, Manny accepted it with no hesitation," Pacquiao adviser Michael Koncz told ESPN.com from the Philippines, where he was with Pacquiao. "We're not surprised. We saw this coming once they started this drug bull----. It was a way for them to get out of the fight. I don't think Mayweather expected Manny to accept the challenge so quickly."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4803490

One word ----- GAYWeather!!!

redhorse
01-07-2010, 01:55 PM

Why would pacman give in to mayweather demands? Mayweather was just trying to play mind games with pacman. It was a win win situation for him. He prob knew that pacman would turn down his demands and that would make pacquio look bad. It did kind of tarnish pacmans name AND that seems so unfair seeing that there was no proof of him taking steroids. He should start a rumor too mayweather "took steroids i guarantee it"!! That has as much credibility as mayweathers claim. Its good hes getting sued

Manny also agreed to have a urine sample... a blood test i think 15 days before the fight and a blood test RIGHT AFTER the fight just not the day of the fight to compromise and mayweather turned that down.I dont know much about blood testing but wouldnt that be as effective as doing it before the fight. And if I am wrong about that I apologize.

To me mayweather is all to blame.. and floyd and his fans will continue to unfairly tarnish pacmans legacy.

2009mvp
01-07-2010, 03:05 PM
For the record, Haymon denies having ever tried to convince Floyd to take the offer. Either way, I'm done with this ****. I'm done talking Mayweather fantasy fights and ending up with sparring sessions against a blown up JMM and pillow-punching Paulie. If he takes the Berto/SSM winner he'll do a lot to redeem himself, but who believes that camp is even considering it? I don't care about Pac beating another paper champion for another strap and people anointing him the greatest of all-time because of it either. Yes, he's most certainly a great, great fighter who's arguably the best of this generation. Doesn't mean I should be impressed by him beating down Diaz, Oscar, Hatton, and Foreman.

H.E.R.
01-07-2010, 03:23 PM
I don't care about Pac beating another paper champion for another strap and people anointing him the greatest of all-time because of it either. Yes, he's most certainly a great, great fighter who's arguably the best of this generation. Doesn't mean I should be impressed by him beating down Diaz, Oscar, Hatton, and Foreman.

Also for the record, the Haymon thing came from "a reliable source' and not from Haymon itself. If Pacquiao's team has already come out in public, I don't see why Mayweather's team isn't at the very least making a statement.

The only paper champion he's really fought was Diaz and that was only because it was his first fight at 135. De La Hoya is considered a great win for him for jumping two weight classes and displaying both his speed and power and it wasn't a title fight. Hatton was never defeated at 140 and was also the lineal champion. Foreman may be a paper champion at 154, but on paper, could pose some sort of a challenge (Advantages in height, reach, and certainly weight). Do I expect Pacquiao to win? Yes, since Foreman doesn't possess the power or technique to back him off. It still may be an impressive sight to see a 5'6 guy moving up in weight beating a guy that's 5'11.

Mayweather will have Malignaggi or Matthew Hatton...what's there to say? You're right about him not facing Mosley or Berto. Mosley's an admitted steroid user whereas Pacquiao never failed a drug test. What the hell will he demand from him? Blood testing in between rounds? Berto isn't a go because of the money.

2009mvp
01-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Are we still pretending Pac's a little natural 130 pounder who's heroically jumping weight classes? He's a smallish welterweight with special punching power and has been for a few years now. He was too big to be fighting at 130 as late as 2008 IMO, yet he still had nice wins over JMM and Barrera. Oscar had to drop to the lowest weight he had fought at in over a decade to get Pacquiao and he quite obviously wasn't the same fighter. Hatton in theory should have been competitive, I'll give you that. Foreman will be a cakewalk, if only because he simply can't hurt Pac. Yeah it's a nice story that he can jump all the way to 154, but does that matter if it's far from the most interesting fight for the fans that's out there? Not to me it doesn't. Of course, if this is all setting up a Floyd/Pac fight later in the year I'll change my mind, but I seriously doubt we'll ever see the two in the same ring ever.

lorenz00
01-07-2010, 08:54 PM
mayweather is a *****! plain and simple he wants to say undefeated

lorenz00
01-07-2010, 08:54 PM
p u s s y^

LakerKB24Fan
01-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Why would pacman give in to mayweather demands? Mayweather was just trying to play mind games with pacman. It was a win win situation for him. He prob knew that pacman would turn down his demands and that would make pacquio look bad. It did kind of tarnish pacmans name AND that seems so unfair seeing that there was no proof of him taking steroids. He should start a rumor too mayweather "took steroids i guarantee it"!! That has as much credibility as mayweathers claim. Its good hes getting sued

Manny also agreed to have a urine sample... a blood test i think 15 days before the fight and a blood test RIGHT AFTER the fight just not the day of the fight to compromise and mayweather turned that down.I dont know much about blood testing but wouldnt that be as effective as doing it before the fight. And if I am wrong about that I apologize.

To me mayweather is all to blame.. and floyd and his fans will continue to unfairly tarnish pacmans legacy.

I agree, I don't think Mayweather really intended on fighting Manny to begin with. I think all this was just to show and prove that he isn't afraid on fighting Manny. And now he has an excuse why he isn't fighting Manny :facepalm:

2009mvp
01-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Pac/Foreman is off as well. Maybe we get Pac/Bradley now? Would be interesting, though Pacquaio being his first opponent at 147 is a lot to ask of anyone.

IDB Josh M
01-07-2010, 10:04 PM
F this BS. I'm pushing Manny to face Dr. Iron Fists Wladimir Klitschko himself. Then he'll beat his ***, and be the greatest fighter EVER. He won't even need Floyd.

jetsforever
01-07-2010, 11:06 PM
lol no respect for both at this point

jetsforever
01-07-2010, 11:07 PM
F this BS. I'm pushing Manny to face Dr. Iron Fists Wladimir Klitschko himself. Then he'll beat his ***, and be the greatest fighter EVER. He won't even need Floyd.

Wladimir is busy doing "other things" right now... as in having sex with Hayden

Raps18-19 Champ
01-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Are we still pretending Pac's a little natural 130 pounder who's heroically jumping weight classes? He's a smallish welterweight with special punching power and has been for a few years now. He was too big to be fighting at 130 as late as 2008 IMO, yet he still had nice wins over JMM and Barrera. Oscar had to drop to the lowest weight he had fought at in over a decade to get Pacquiao and he quite obviously wasn't the same fighter. Hatton in theory should have been competitive, I'll give you that. Foreman will be a cakewalk, if only because he simply can't hurt Pac. Yeah it's a nice story that he can jump all the way to 154, but does that matter if it's far from the most interesting fight for the fans that's out there? Not to me it doesn't. Of course, if this is all setting up a Floyd/Pac fight later in the year I'll change my mind, but I seriously doubt we'll ever see the two in the same ring ever.

His highest unofficial weight recorded was like 149 pounds. 4 pounds below the official weigh in.

So it will still be a challenge of sorts.

Yuri will be 160 with a 5 inch reach and height advantage.

Pacman and Mayweather won't happen until September-the end of the year. Who do you want him facing until then? This Yuri guy will probably be more of a challenge to Pacman than Paulie. I don't wanna see no 140 guys going against their natural weight to battle him. JMM can't fight with Manny no more. And Mosley's fight is probably too close to March.

Havoc Wreaker
01-07-2010, 11:51 PM
lol no respect for both at this point
Why not for Pacman? I still don't see where he's done anything wrong, except in the eyes of Mayweather's fans, which you obviously are.

jetsforever
01-07-2010, 11:54 PM
Why not for Pacman? I still don't see where he's done anything wrong, except in the eyes of Mayweather's fans, which you obviously are.

Im actually a fan of both TBH. You guys have made me want to cheer for Mayweather.

I'm still mad at Pacman because he couldn't just agree to the big babies demands? It wasn't going to cost him the fight.

Regardless, when a fight of this magnitude is being set up, you get it done. You compromise and get it done. They weren't able to and I have lost respect for them today.

JJ_JKidd
01-08-2010, 12:07 AM
To sum it up...

Pac has been on a tear everyone on his path.

This set-ups a Pac-Mayweather fight.

Gayweathers accuse Pac of using steroids when this HAS NEVER BEEN PROVEN and make their demands on testing $h!T.

Fight is off as a result.

WTF?

DCB/LAL
01-08-2010, 01:14 AM
Just saw on ESPN that Mayweather agreed to drug testing up until 14 days before the fight but it was Manny who said NO because he wanted it to stop at 30 days before the fight.

My question is why Manny wouldn't agree to this I mean there is Video of him taking blood tests 15 days before the fight why not 14 Manny?

2009mvp
01-08-2010, 04:08 AM
Latest rumour is Pac vs Clottey. Could do a lot worse, though Clottey's is a style Pac can handle well IMO.

jetsforever
01-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Just saw on ESPN that Mayweather agreed to drug testing up until 14 days before the fight but it was Manny who said NO because he wanted it to stop at 30 days before the fight.

My question is why Manny wouldn't agree to this I mean there is Video of him taking blood tests 15 days before the fight why not 14 Manny?

:shrug: I don't know if this is true or not but that sounds kind of pathetic.

They both have failed in my eyes

jetsforever
01-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Mayweather to Pacquiao: Stop making excuses on testing

Floyd Mayweather Jr. blamed Manny Pacquiao for the collapse of their prospective bout Thursday, claiming the Filipino boxer refuses to accept a reasonable compromise on drug testing concerns.

Mayweather also says he's still ready to sign a deal for the fight, which was slated for March 13 at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas before Pacquiao promoter Top Rank declared it dead Wednesday night.

Mayweather (40-0, 25 KOs) made his first public comments about the negotiations in a written statement that began with Mayweather saying he's "thoroughly disgusted" by Pacquiao's representatives' attempts to blame him for the collapse of what's likely to be the richest bout in boxing history.

"In my opinion it is Manny Pacquiao and his team who are denying the people a chance to see the biggest fight ever," Mayweather said. "I know the people will see through their smokes screens and lies. I am ready to fight and sign the contract. Manny needs to stop making his excuses, step up and fight."

The sides went to mediation on Tuesday in Santa Monica in an attempt to resolve the drug testing issues that are the only remaining conflicts in the negotiation. Mayweather's demands for frequent blood testing beyond the Nevada Athletic Commission's requirements - and Pacquiao's reluctance to agree to those requests - have derailed the bout.

Mayweather initially demanded repeated blood testing right up to the day of the fight, while Pacquiao asked for a 30-day cutoff before the bout. Mayweather now claims he agreed to a 14-day cutoff compromise before the mediation session began, but Pacquiao still wouldn't accept those terms.

"The truth is he just doesn't want to take the tests," Mayweather said.

Pacquiao has filed a lawsuit alleging Mayweather and most of his representatives, including Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, defamed him by falsely accusing him of using performance-enhancing drugs.

Top Rank boss Bob Arum was brutally frank about his former fighter on Wednesday night, telling The Associated Press that Mayweather is "a psychological coward who doesn't want to fight anybody who has a chance of beating him."

After generating stellar pay-per-view revenue from their previous fights, both Pacquiao and Mayweather likely stood to make much more than $25 million apiece from their welterweight bout. Mayweather returned to the ring after a 21-month absence in September with a victory over Juan Manuel Marquez, while Pacquiao (50-3-2, 38 KOs) pounded Miguel Cotto in November for his 13th straight victory since 2005.

Pacquiao is widely considered boxing's pound-for-pound champion, an unofficial title held by Mayweather before his aborted retirement. Their proposed fight was seen as the biggest moment in boxing since Mayweather's split-decision victory over Oscar De La Hoya in May 2007.

Daniel Weinstein, the retired federal judge who oversaw the mediation, also issued a statement Thursday saying little about the actual discussions.

"In the end, the parties could not agree on a testing protocol acceptable to all," Weinstein's statement read.
http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/manny-pacquiao-floyd-mayweather-jr-fight-010610

What do you guys make out of it?

Cnd_DEnd
01-08-2010, 12:05 PM
it is all very sketchy... i feel bad for the state of boxing. this fight could have saved the sport... but now it looks like the fight wont happen and also we could have a cheater on our hands in boxing.. who is supposed to be one of the greatest..

this fight really could have helped boxing. the phillipines were falling into, hopefully the usa would have too.

DCB/LAL
01-08-2010, 12:17 PM

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/manny-pacquiao-floyd-mayweather-jr-fight-010610

My only question is why Manny wont agree? I mean if what Floyd said wasn't true Manny would sue so obviously everything Floyd is saying is true its Manny who doesn't wanna accept the cut off date.

Havoc Wreaker
01-08-2010, 12:32 PM
:shrug: I don't know if this is true or not but that sounds kind of pathetic.

They both have failed in my eyes

What I make of it, is what I said before, you're a Mayweather fan and you're still trying to make this as if it was Pacquiao's fault.

it is all very sketchy... i feel bad for the state of boxing. this fight could have saved the sport... but now it looks like the fight wont happen and also we could have a cheater on our hands in boxing.. who is supposed to be one of the greatest..

this fight really could have helped boxing. the phillipines were falling into, hopefully the usa would have too.

Why? Becuase Mayweather's camp have a feeling he might be on steroids? Is there other proof? Didn't think so

My only question is why Manny wont agree? I mean if what Floyd said wasn't true Manny would sue so obviously everything Floyd is saying is true its Manny who doesn't wanna accept the cut off date.

Because he doesn't have to. Pacquiao is doing fine without Mayweather, he's the best in the sport right now, hands down. He doesn't have to lower to the demands of some drama queen. He compromised 30 days before and right after. Why doesn't Mayweather accept the drug tests right after? There's no way he can get rid of steroids (if he's on them) if they test them right after the fight ends.

This is clearly Mayweather's fault and nobody else.

jetsforever
01-08-2010, 12:35 PM
What I make of it, is what I said before, you're a Mayweather fan and you're still trying to make this as if it was Pacquiao's fault.

All I am doing is posting an article on MSN.com and reacting to what someone else posted off of MSN.

Dont think that Pacman is innocent. He isn't. He ****ed this up, just as much and potentially more then Mayweather

Why Doesn't he just do the test? Because he doesn't have to... Well if thats the reason expect their to be critisim.

Cnd_DEnd
01-08-2010, 12:39 PM

Why? Becuase Mayweather's camp have a feeling he might be on steroids? Is there other proof? Didn't think so

Because he doesn't have to. Pacquiao is doing fine without Mayweather, he's the best in the sport right now, hands down. He doesn't have to lower to the demands of some drama queen. He compromised 30 days before and right after. Why doesn't Mayweather accept the drug tests right after? There's no way he can get rid of steroids (if he's on them) if they test them right after the fight ends.

whats the big deal about taking a test? and there was steroid speculation before about manny because the size has put on.

if your innocent, there should be no problem taking a test. also mannys first excuse was he was afraid of needles and now hes just fighting the test. i think its all very fishy. yes there is no proof but come on, this is a big pay out for him and he can claim number 1 status in boxing.. and he wont take a steroid test..

DCB/LAL
01-08-2010, 01:01 PM

:facepalm: Part of making the fight kinda sorta just a little depends on him agreeing just a little bit though. Kinda like Floyd agreeing to the 10 million for every pound over 147 yeah both parties have to agree Floyd agreed to a cut off date 14 days before the fight which is what Manny wanted I mean he's taken a blood test 15 days before the fight right? Why not agree unless of course he doesn't wanna fight Floyd or has something to hide.

camador22
01-08-2010, 01:02 PM

Mayweather gave in to Pacmans request of a unheard of 10M per pound and demands are a two way street. Mayweather said 14 days before the fight would be the cutoff and MANNY REFUSED stating he wants a 24 day cutoff. People need to understand that HGH CAN'T BE DETECTED BY URINE, ONLY BLOOD WITHIN TWO DAYS. It concerns me that Manny is unwilling to perform a random blood test with a 14 days cutoff period. Tell me how in the world does this affect Manny? Besides Mayweather has to to the same exact thing. I've been a big Pacman fan but now I'm just disappointed that he would turn down this fight.

sherf1butch
01-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Mayweather has given in to all of Pac man's demands from gloves to be worn, size of ring, split purse, to 1 million for every pound overweight for this one thing. Sure he doesn't have to prove anything to Mayweather but in this day and age when steroids, hgh, epo, and i'm sure yet to be discovered enhancements are being used by everybody why not take the test and shut him up then? He could of been on 24-7 mocking Floyd while they were drawing his blood. While there have been fighter's who have moved up and carried their punch and speed before the last on was who? sugar ray robinson? While no fault of Manny's we can't help to be a little leary of taking him on blind faith that he's clean with people from clemens to marion jones to sugar shane. Mosley would have never been caught if the feds didn't sieze that list? is it fair that the loss is still on delahoya's record? that the commision did absolutley othing after finding out about it? On doghouseboxing.com Victor Conte has a great article about his views on testing in boxing. At this point if Manny is clean he should take the test and take it out on mayweather in the ring, if this holds up the fight a good portion of the boxing public will always think he was on something and just needed time to clean up. Here's hoping Manny takes the test and we could all be treated to a great fight.

H.E.R.
01-08-2010, 01:40 PM
he's taken a blood test 15 days before the fight right?

No. The video going around was 24 days before the Hatton fight, but the 24/7 episode aired 13 days prior.

Mayweather has given in to all of Pac man's demands from gloves to be worn, size of ring, split purse

Size of ring wasn't debated...at all. Mayweather wanted 154 with 10oz gloves and a 60-40 purse split. Do you call that reasonable?

to 1 million for every pound overweight for this one thing.

It's $10 million. And unlike Pacquiao's steroid allegations, there's precedent when Mayweather paid a mere $600,000 to Marquez for being two pounds over their catchweight.

Sure he doesn't have to prove anything to Mayweather but in this day and age when steroids, hgh, epo, and i'm sure yet to be discovered enhancements are being used by everybody why not take the test and shut him up then?

HGH causes growth in bones and organs. I don't see how that helps Pacquiao. Also, does anyone know the success rate of catching athletes using HGH with blood tests? 0%. Either athletes, in this case boxers, aren't using them or the testing for it is flawed. EPO abuse is found through urine testing. Both NSAC and the USADA test for the same drugs and masking agents.

Silent
01-08-2010, 01:41 PM
I love pacman but this is his fault floyd asked 4 something very simple and pac won't listen. Makes u wonder if he's on roids

sherf1butch
01-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Like I stated read the Victor Conte interview on doghouseboxing.com, and also listen to the freddie roach interview. Shane Mosley was on EPO and the cream when he fought and you can test for that through BLOOD not urine.

H.E.R.
01-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Like I stated read the Victor Conte interview on doghouseboxing.com, and also listen to the freddie roach interview. Shane Mosley was on EPO and the cream when he fought and you can test for that through BLOOD not urine.

EPO
http://www.wada-ama.org/en/Resources1/Q-and-A/Q-A-EPO-Detection/

This report, requested by WADA’s stakeholders and commissioned by the Agency to evaluate the validity of urinary and blood tests for detecting the presence of recombinant EPO, concluded that urinary testing is the only scientifically validated method for direct detection of recombinant EPO.

The detection method for EPO is valid and reliable.

Then again, let's not put Olympic-style drug testing on a platform. Research Ben Johnson, Chinese Swimming Team in the Barcelona Olympics, Michelle Smith, and Marion Jones.

DCB/LAL
01-08-2010, 02:21 PM
With many Athletes taking steriods and even some Big name Boxers getting caught using them I have no Problem with Floyd demanding Blood test and 14 days before the fight seems fair its right in the middle of where both fighters wanted the cut-off and it doesnt get more fair than that.

H.E.R.
01-08-2010, 02:28 PM
With many Athletes taking steriods and even some Big name Boxers getting caught using them I have no Problem with Floyd demanding Blood test and 14 days before the fight seems fair its right in the middle of where both fighters wanted the cut-off and it doesnt get more fair than that.

Again...the NSAC and the USADA test for the same performance enhancing drugs and masking agents. Why submit to a test and alter you're entire training camp because of the baseless allegations that stemmed from Mayweather Sr.? Pacquiao, along with unlimited urine testing, is compromising a blood test at the kick-off press conference, random testing to 24 days before, and immediately after the fight. What performance enhancing drugs can't be detected during that time frame? It doesn't matter about the performance enhancing drugs no one knows about because they test for the same list of performance enhancing drugs and masking agents. Pacquiao is going above and beyond what's called for in a normal drug testing. How is that not fair enough?

sherf1butch
01-08-2010, 02:31 PM
If it's so reliable and valid that explains why Mosley was on it and admitted to it but was never found out right? Did you bother to read the article of the man that supplied Mosley with this stuff? "even without a positive urine test for EPO cyclists are temporarily suspended for two weeks if their hematocrit is greater than 50%, and elevated hematocrit can provide a significant advantage to a fighter by enhancing oxygen uptake and utilization this would benefit a fighter in training and especially during the later rounds of a fight" Mosley looked pretty good in those last rounds didn't he?

DCB/LAL
01-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Again...the NSAC and the USADA test for the same performance enhancing drugs and masking agents. Why submit to a test and alter you're entire training camp because of the baseless allegations that stemmed from Mayweather Sr.? Pacquiao, along with unlimited urine testing, is compromising a blood test at the kick-off press conference, random testing to 24 days before, and immediately after the fight. What performance enhancing drugs can't be detected during that time frame? It doesn't matter about the performance enhancing drugs no one knows about because they test for the same list of performance enhancing drugs and masking agents. Pacquiao is going above and beyond what's called for in a normal drug testing. How is that not fair enough?

My question is why not? You have a chance to make the BIGGEST FIGHT in HISTORY but you wont agree to take a BLOOD TEST?

A Blood test mind you that Floyd WILL ALSO be taking so whats his malfunction with this?

H.E.R.
01-08-2010, 02:35 PM
If it's so reliable and valid that explains why Mosley was on it and admitted to it but was never found out right? Did you bother to read the article of the man that supplied Mosley with this stuff? "even without a positive urine test for EPO cyclists are temporarily suspended for two weeks if their hematocrit is greater than 50%, and elevated hematocrit can provide a significant advantage to a fighter by enhancing oxygen uptake and utilization this would benefit a fighter in training and especially during the later rounds of a fight" Mosley looked pretty good in those last rounds didn't he?

WADA are the people supporting Mayweather's cause for a stricter testing. They're the ones that are saying urine tests are the best procedures for EPO detection. I don't see how what you said calls for blood tests when Pacquiao AGREED TO RANDOM URINE TESTING, THE BEST EPO DETECTION PROCEDURE, THROUGHOUT CAMP.

H.E.R.
01-08-2010, 02:43 PM
My question is why not? You have a chance to make the BIGGEST FIGHT in HISTORY but you wont agree to take a BLOOD TEST?

Why make the call for blood testing at all when it's never been done in any professional boxing fight ever? Why not step into the ring like he said he would and beat Pacquiao whether he was on steroids or not? Again, Pacquiao is already going above and beyond what's required. He could retire and be worshiped in the Philippines with all the US dollars he's earned. He pursue a lawsuit and win millions without throwing a punch and further guild his legacy with an 8th division title or putting Mayweather's resume to further shame by fighting Joshua Clottey. THIS ALL RELIES ON MAYWEATHER NOT WILLING TO COMPROMISE WHAT'S ON THE FIGHT CONTRACT.

A Blood test mind you that Floyd WILL ALSO be taking so whats his malfunction with this?

One says he's affected by it. If somehow both fighters are affected the same way, one is a powerful volume puncher and the other is a counterpuncher. Who is going to be affected more with blood testing?

Not to mention, Pacquiao's camp doesn't give a damn about Mayweather's camp, who has gone through all of this before in the Olympics. Pacquiao's team is focused on Pacquiao's camp.

sherf1butch
01-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Conte is the one who has made a living out of getting around agencies like WADA and he's proven over and over again that he know what he's doing. You don't answer the question, if it's so valid then why was Mosley never caught until the feds came in? When you know the testing is coming like he said theres all kinds of things you could do to avoid detection. Why would cyclists been suspended for two weeks with no postive urine test? because their sport know theres ways around the test and Conte became rich finding those ways out and theres tons of Conte's out there.

sherf1butch
01-08-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm not even saying that pac man is dirty, all i'm saying is he has the chance to shut Floyd up once and for all, he had him trapped in a corner. I actually believe that if Manny agreed to the test Floyd would of came up with a injury in camp as a excuse anyway. Now, the cloud is above Manny's head like it or not. You act like he's required to give pints and pints of blood thats crazy.

H.E.R.
01-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Conte is the one who has made a living out of getting around agencies like WADA and he's proven over and over again that he know what he's doing. You don't answer the question, if it's so valid then why was Mosley never caught until the feds came in? When you know the testing is coming like he said theres all kinds of things you could do to avoid detection. Why would cyclists been suspended for two weeks with no postive urine test? because their sport know theres ways around the test and Conte became rich finding those ways out and theres tons of Conte's out there.

Pacquiao wouldn't have known when the urine tests, the best EPO detection procedure, were coming. They would've been random through training camp. That makes anything Conte says irrelevant in this discussion since his studies are based on when an athlete knows a test is coming.

I'm not even saying that pac man is dirty, all i'm saying is he has the chance to shut Floyd up once and for all, he had him trapped in a corner. I actually believe that if Manny agreed to the test Floyd would of came up with a injury in camp as a excuse anyway. Now, the cloud is above Manny's head like it or not. You act like he's required to give pints and pints of blood thats crazy.

He says he's affected by it. Why alter you're training camp when you're boxer is recovering from random blood tests and when he's hitting his stride in routine in training, why break it for someone who won't accept a loss even if you knock him out? Even if it's all psychological, you don't let your fighter have sex before a fight because...you just don't. Mayweather didn't want this fight. To his credit, he has people believing this is all Pacquiao's fault. People are that easily influenced.

sherf1butch
01-08-2010, 03:04 PM
lol, his clients included Marion Jones and Tim Montgomery who he helped beat numerous USADA Olympic testing which are random and as many times as they want to do it so while I understand your a big Manny fan don't be naive and say this man opinions are irrelevant to this discussion. Do you refuse to go read the article? You still havent told me how Mosley got away with it? he took urine tests

H.E.R.
01-08-2010, 03:08 PM
lol, his clients included Marion Jones and Tim Montgomery who he helped beat numerous USADA Olympic testing which are random and as many times as they want to do it so while I understand your a big Manny fan don't be naive and say this man opinions are irrelevant to this discussion. Do you refuse to go read the article? You still havent told me how Mosley got away with it? he took urine tests

He took urine tests on which he knew they were coming. Standard NSAC drug test requires a urine test before and after the fight, not randomly like Pacquiao's agreed to do for this fight.

The USADA does blood testing and they couldn't catch them. How does adding them help find drugs here? Random blood testing only provides a nuisance and can have negative effects to Pacquiao.

sherf1butch
01-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Sign in to MLive.com »
Not a member? Register Now »
Sign in to MLive.comUsername Password Remember meI forgot my username or password »Don't have an account? Register now for free, or sign in using your AIM or Google account!
Site SearchSearch Local Business Listings
Home News Business Sports Entertainment Living Interact Jobs Autos Real Estate Classifieds Shop Place An Ad

SportsStatewideHigh SchoolLionsPistonsRed WingsTigersMSUU-MGriffinsWhitecapsRampageGVSUMore
Floyd Mayweather
The Latest News, Photos, Audio & Video
Mayweather Stories, Sports - All Regions, Statewide »
Blood vs. urine? USADA clears up fuss over Mayweather-Pacquiao drug testing feud
By Josh Slagter | The Grand Rapids Press
December 24, 2009, 11:55AM

Cory Olsen | The Grand Rapids PressFloyd Mayweather has never failed a drug test by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, and neither has Manny Pacquiao. But Mayweather's camp wants tougher testing standards for their March 13 fight.The notion of bad blood interfering with the negotiations between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao's representatives wasn't far fetched. Neither camp gets along with the other.

But with Tuesday's announcement from Mayweather's camp that Pacquiao has refused the Olympic-style random drug testing, tensions have reached a new high.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission uses urine tests before and after fights to check for steroids other and performance-enhancing drugs. A blood test is required to earn a one-year license to fight in Nevada, too.

Mayweather's camp is demanding the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency conduct random blood tests during training. Pacqiuao's promoter, Bob Aurm, has said his fighter has agreed to be blood tested three times: in January, 30 days before the fight and then right after the fight.

Travis Tygart, the CEO of USADA, told Kevin Iole of Yahoo! Sports that both urine and blood tests are needed to determine if a fighter is clean.

"There is no urine-based tested for human-growth hormone," Tygart said. "It doesn’t show up in the urine. It’s only a blood-based test. That’s true of a number of prohibited substances, particularly those that would enhance and aid a boxer.”

Tygert also added the schedule Arum is proposing won't work, because a fighter would have the advantage of knowing when he'd be tested.

“That kind of window is totally unacceptable,” Tygart said. “It would provide a huge loophole for a cheater to step through and get away with cheating.”

Dr. Gary Wadler, an internal medicine physician and chairman of the World Anti-Doping Agency’s Prohibited List and Methods sub-committee, supported Tygar's position.

“The fundamental principle is that the time and place of testing is in the domain of the governing body, not of the athlete,” Wadler told Yahoo! Sports. “It would lose all its validity if the athlete could pick and choose when he is going to be tested and for what he’s going to be tested for and how he’s going to be tested. They’re sophisticated enough now that if someone wanted to, you could play the calendar to your advantage."

ARE YOU ON TWITTER?

Follow Josh Slagter at twitter.com/JoshSlagter
And to Arum's notion that Pacquaio will feel "weakened" by getting his blood drawn close to the fight? Victor Conte, the founder of Bay-Area Laboratory Cooperative (BALCO), said the tests would have no physical effect on either fighter.

“That amount would be less than one-half of one percent (of the total blood in the body),” Conte told Yahoo! Sports. “It’s not going to have any effect, the drawing of blood. Could it have some mental effect? That’s the only down side of that. It’s certainly not going to have any physical effect, giving blood before a fight.”

The implementation of drug testing remains the only sticking point on negotiations for a fight that could break all of boxing's revenue records.

Will either side blink in time for the fight to happen? It doesn't sound like Mayweather adviser Leonard Ellerbe plans to back off on his demands.

"They're backed up against the wall. Either they're going to step up to the plate and do this, or my guy's not stepping up into the ring and fighting," Ellerbe said on "The Huge Show" on Wednesday. "If you have nothing to hide, why not subject yourself to this testing?"

E-mail Josh Slagter at jslagter@grpress.com and follow him on Twitter at twitter.com/JoshSlagter RecommendRecommend (0)Print this Email this Share this:Previous story: David Mayo on The Huge Show: Mayweather fight with Pacquiao 'absolutely dead' if not done soon
Next story: Oscar De La Hoya takes shot at Manny Pacquiao over drug test: 'I have to wonder about him'

Comments (106 total) RSSPost a commentOldest comments are shown first. Show newest comments first
Next comments » 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Posted by dvbunte
December 24, 2009, 12:42PM
I wonder what the odds are of Arum knowing that HGH can't be checked via urine tests? Is that why they refuse to accept that condition? I can't stand Floyd Mayweather, he is a pompous, arrogant idiot, in my opinion...but, on this, I think he has Manny backed into a corner. If he is clean, why refuse the tests? Because he isn't clean, and Mayweather's camp knows it. A great job my Mayweather to present Pacquiao with a no-win situation. If he continues to refuse, and the fight never happens, he will be blamed for preventing one of the greatest boxing matches ever (presumably). If he concedes, he looks weak in front of Mayweather, which gives Floyd a psychological advantage.

Inappropriate comment? Alert us.
Reply to this comment | Post a new comment
Posted by StaindSheetz
December 24, 2009, 9:00PM
You know nothing my friend. Manny can easily take any other fight and sell another 900- 1mil ppv buys. Who will floyd fight ? Mattherw Hatton? Ivan Calderon?haha I'd rather watch ice melt than watch Floyd fight someone else. As for Manny, Shane, Cotto, Paul Williams... you know you'll get your money's worth.

Posted by spanishman
December 27, 2009, 10:53PM
u know nothing my friend. u said that manny can make 900,000 to 1 million in ppv buys. well he's trying to fight malignaggi now. do u really think that fight will sell that much in ppv buys? mayweather has fought 3 of the same guys pac has fought and all 3 times, he sold more than pac in ppv buys. roach even said that there looking to move up to 154 and fight yuri foreman. another fight that wouldnt make 900,000 to one million ppv buys. the only fights that can make big money for the both of them would be with mosley or eachother, period. paul williams could of been good money for them but that ended when he was given a gift in his last fight with a lesser opponent, martinez, which many believed beat williams.

Posted by bibing
December 27, 2009, 8:23AM
I don't believe he is refusing. He is only suggesting for the right time for testing in order for him not to affected physically and mentally

Posted by doctorSpoc
January 07, 2010, 3:34PM
did you actually read the article?? all the guys with the PhDs and white coats that get paid the big bucks to do this say that allowing pacquiao to know the time of test would allow him to cheat all he wants..

Posted by MSUFTWW
December 24, 2009, 1:08PM
If you've got nothing to hide then why are you turning the Olympic style testing down?

Posted by Fuzzy72
December 24, 2009, 7:34PM
Pacquiao has phobia with needles. Whether injecting or drawing blood into pacquiao using a syringe needle, it would weaken him. anybody with any type of phobia gets stunned, weakened or faints when confronted by the thing that they have phobia with. You can ask any doctor or psychologists who specializes in these cases what a phobia can do to a person. In the case of Pacquiao as Coach Roach has said, when whenever blood is drawn from him, it takes Pacquiao 3 to 4 days to recover from it. If random blood testing is done on him a day before the fight, pacquiao would be too weak to fight Mayweather. What is the difference with having blood testing a day after the fight and a day before a fight? Would it have a different result? If the result would not be any different then why doesn't Mayweather agree with Pacquiao's proposal to have the blood testing 30 days before the fight and right after the fight. Remember, Pacquiao did not refuse the USADA Olympic-style of drug testing. He refuses to have the Olympic-style blood testing a day before the fight because it will weaken him.

Posted by benrichard87
December 28, 2009, 2:03PM
if pacman had a phobia of his blood being drawn, it sure didn't show in episode 3 of pacquiao hatton 24/7 when he had blood drawn for his pre-fight physical.

Posted by tryingtobebetter
December 29, 2009, 2:19PM
Would you show it if you're facing the camera? As you have said, it is a pre-fight physical, not a random blood testing and it is approximately 14 days before the fight...try to exercise your brain so it won't shrink.

Posted by StaindSheetz
December 24, 2009, 9:04PM
Would you comply to extra 3 blood tests and 8 urine tests if you have passed all your urine tests with flying colors at YOUR CURRENT JOB because some crackhead at your job is jealous? I highly doubt anyone of us would comply. It's the principle of it all. Use your head people.

Posted by Oshecad
December 25, 2009, 5:10PM
If I was getting 40mil at the end of it I'd submit to 6 and 16. On consecutive days too.

Posted by mvp66
December 24, 2009, 1:31PM
Let's see how drama queen Bob Arum responds to this one. It's put up or shut up time for the Pacquio camp.

Posted by Cory Olsen | The Grand Rapids Press
December 24, 2009, 1:44PM
Great clarification on this! Now, can the Pac-man use some common sense and realize what he's got in front of him?

Posted by MarQ
December 24, 2009, 7:45PM
Many writers do not clarify how steroids or HGH becomes beneficial in one's body.

Steroids or HGH needs 2 weeks before it completely gets into your system so it can begin to help your body. It has be be used continously so one can benefit from it.

If one is tested every 30 days, the drugs will show because it cannot completely disappear in a matter of one week!

Going by this schedule, a 30 day window will not be sufficient for one to be using drugs because one has to stop taking it at least more than one week to cleanse his body of the drugs.

Remember that Manny agreed to be tested at least 30 days prior to the fight and right after the fight itself!

Now do the math and see how can one use drugs, benefit from it and come clean within a matter of 4 weeks?

Posted by doctorSpoc
January 07, 2010, 3:43PM
what are people just making stuff up now.. HGH is undetectable after 1-2 days.. manny could use all the HGH he wanted in training camp build up his strength.. get off it 4 to 5 days before the fight and go into the fight pumped up.. HGH builds muscle and strength you don't use it on fight night, you use it before the fight.. right during the time that manny wants no testing...

Posted by rampagephil
December 24, 2009, 2:02PM
Let's see.....Mayweather wants to do drug testing that EXCEEDS what the boxing commission requires. He refuses to have Pacman just do blood testing immediately after the fight which would tell EXACTLY what level of any illegal substance was in Pac's blood.
Bottom line is that Mayweather is a COWARD, everyone knows that he will have his arse handed to him by Pacman. The person who knows it best is Mayweather himself, who now has to resort to trying anything to prevent this fight. Here's hoping that Pacman accepts these unreasonable and ridiculous demands, then pounds Mayweather back to the streets of GR. Lights out, Floyd.

Posted by psycle
December 24, 2009, 2:08PM
Yeah, blood test after the fight does a lot of good. It certainly prevents a fighter stepping into the ring again someone potentially doped to the gills. One question that no Pacquio supporter has been able to answer, why refuse if you have nothing to hide?

Posted by StaindSheetz
December 24, 2009, 9:09PM
Would you comply to extra 3 blood tests and 8 urine tests if you have passed all your urine tests with flying colors at YOUR CURRENT JOB because some crackhead at your job is jealous? I highly doubt anyone of us would comply. It's the principle of it all. Use your head people.

Posted by doctorSpoc
January 07, 2010, 3:31PM
for $40 million dollars they could empty out a couple of pints for a week.. are you kidding me!

Posted by polorican
December 24, 2009, 2:14PM
The coward here is Pacquiao. Mayweather has even stuck his neck on the line and agreed to $10 million per pound over. Pacquiao doesnt want to agree to the same testing that thousands of olympians do? Why not? Oh because they'll take less than half of 1% of his blood.

Maybe Pacquiao is hiding something.

Next comments » 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Post a comment (You may use HTML tags for style) Sign in to comment, or comment anonymously.

You must accept the terms of service before you can post a comment.

You must sign in to post a comment.

Sign in to MLive.com
Username
Password
Don't have an account?

Register Now! We've upgraded our community features on MLive.com

Learn more! » INSIDE THE FIGHT
• Mayweather home
• Boxing home
• GR Press sports
• MLive.com sports
• Mayweather official site
Browse by month:
Select a date January 2010 December 2009 November 2009 October 2009 September 2009 August 2009 July 2009 June 2009 May 2009 April 2009 March 2009 February 2009 January 2009 December 2008 November 2008 October 2008 September 2008 July 2008 June 2008 May 2008 Browse all archives
GR PRESS SPORTS Local Sports News
• Jantel Lavender and Ohio State offer tough test for Spartans

• David Solano looking for work in Houston after leaving WZZM-TV sports job

• Whitecaps offer fans a chance to dine with former pitcher Mark Sorensen

MORE PRESS SPORTS »LATEST VIDEO • Video: Floyd Mayweather, Brian Kenny star in SportsCenter.com commercial
• Video: Floyd Mayweather says he was 'a little rusty' in domination of Juan Manuel Marquez
• Video: Floyd Mayweather Sr. says Manny Pacquiao shouldn't want any of Lil' Floyd
MORE »LATEST PHOTOS • Photos: Fight week with Floyd Mayweather
• Photos: Mayweather-Marquez weigh-in ceremony
• Photos: Mayweather-Marquez news conference
MORE »LATEST SLIDESHOWS • Slideshow: Fans in tune with Hatton
• Faces of Floyd
• Behind the scenes with Team Mayweather
MORE »LATEST AUDIO • David Mayo on The Huge Show: Mayweather fight with Pacquiao 'absolutely dead' if not done soon
• Leonard Ellerbe on The Huge Show: Mayweather won't fight Pacquiao without blood testing
• David Mayo on WBBL: Floyd Mayweather will counter Manny Pacquiao's aggressiveness
MORE »ADVERTISEMENT
• See coupons and values for local businesses. Click here!
CONTESTS
Contests and Games
Click Here
LATEST BOXING STORIES• Floyd Mayweather's adviser: Bob Arum's misleading of public over negotiations 'childish'
• Shame on Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao for allowing drug testing dispute to kill fight
• Floyd Mayweather: I want to 'whip' Manny Pacquaio; 'he just doesn't want to take the tests'
MORE »FORUM Gather here to discuss the latest in boxing.
• Enter the forum
Latest posts
• Floyd Mayweather Is... by mnofdichotomy
• bwaaaahahaha! by CurlyWashburn
• boxing continues to... by clawhammer
ALL FORUMS »

Site SearchSearch Local Business Listings
Site Map | Advertise | Contact Us
Make us Your Home PageHome | News | Weather | Sports | Entertainment | Living | Interact | Jobs | Autos | Real Estate | Classifieds | Shopping | Place an Ad
•Your Photos
•Your Videos
•Blogs
•Forums
•Michigan Travel
•Michigan Music
•Post a Job
•Post a Free Classified Ad
•Sell Your Car
•Sell/Rent Your Home
•Apartments & Rentals
•Claim Your Business
Listing for Free
•Michigan Obituaries
•Michigan Environment
•Michigan Lottery
•Wedding Stories & Tips
•Politico on MLive.com
•Parade on MLive.com
Subscribe to our Content (RSS)
Subscribe to Email Newsletters
MLive.com on Twitter
MLive.com on Facebook
View MLive.com mobile site
View mobile product offerings
Special home delivery offers! AnnArbor.com | Bay City Times | Flint Journal | Grand Rapids Press Jackson-Citizen Patriot | Kalamazoo Gazette | Muskegon Chronicle | Saginaw News © 2009 Michigan Live LLC. All Rights Reserved (About Us). Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement. Please read our Privacy Policy.
Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site. Contact interactivity management.

H.E.R.
01-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Did you have to copy the entire webpage?

I already commented on hGH. Go back a page.

BigLee53
01-08-2010, 03:18 PM
wtf is that^

anyway.. i already had money on this fight.. like 3 months ago. got nothing to worry about now.

H.E.R.
01-08-2010, 03:20 PM
wtf is that^

anyway.. i already had money on this fight.. like 3 months ago. got nothing to worry about now.

Sure you do. The fight may not happen at all. Pacquiao could get another opponent (the latest rumors are Yuri Foreman or Joshua Clottey) and then could go into politics like he's doing this spring and never return. I honestly hope you didn't put money in just yet.

sherf1butch
01-08-2010, 03:23 PM
You commented on Hgh, and who are you? your comments outweigh the comments of ceo of the usada and chairman of Wada who you quoted? You have no idea what your talking about your Just president of the Pac man fan club and can't see anything else.

H.E.R.
01-08-2010, 03:33 PM
You commented on Hgh, and who are you? your comments outweigh the comments of ceo of the usada and chairman of Wada who you quoted? You have no idea what your talking about your Just president of the Pac man fan club and can't see anything else.

Yes and your suspicions for Pacquiao taking performance enhancing drugs without any evidence whatsoever makes you a better person than I am and gives you the kind of superiority to label me. :clap:

Again, I already commented on hGH. Here, I'll even quote myself.

HGH causes growth in bones and organs. I don't see how that helps Pacquiao. Also, does anyone know the success rate of catching athletes using HGH with blood tests? 0%. Either athletes, in this case boxers, aren't using them or the testing for it is flawed. EPO abuse is found through urine testing. Both NSAC and the USADA test for the same drugs and masking agents.

Blood testing = Intrusive, excessive, and unnecessary

DCB/LAL
01-08-2010, 03:53 PM

Or maybe they need stricter testing like Floyd wants but im sure you never considered that right?

H.E.R.
01-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Or maybe they need stricter testing like Floyd wants but im sure you never considered that right?

How could it be stricter than the USADA's drug testing policy, the policy Mayweather is calling for? They use random urine and blood tests and they haven't caught anyone using hGH.

sherf1butch
01-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Well according to the USADA and WADA who your so fond of quoting they BOTH said that urine and blood test are needed but we will all defer to the higer power in yourself and say only urine is needed (yeah right). If you feel than Manny shouldn't take the test because it's not required that's one thing, but sit here and try to distort facts when both agencies just came out and said they propose and favor both blood and urine is bogus. You act like there is no cheating in the little world you live in, anyway pac man against clottey on the 13th He's not a good boxer it should be entertaing for some rounds.

DCB/LAL
01-08-2010, 04:00 PM
How could it be stricter than the USADA's drug testing policy, the policy Mayweather is calling for? They use random urine and blood tests and they haven't caught anyone using hGH.

And the thought that maybe because they know their being tested has no effect on that?

You dont think that them knowing they will tested at random times makes them not wanna cheat?

all this proves is that this form of testing is the best way to make it 100% fair and no one is cheating doesn't it?

Please answer these questions I wanna hear your answers for these.

I mean if they never caught anybody maybe its because their not cheating which is maybe why Floyd wants this form of testing with the Doubts he has about Manny so it makes perfect sense.

sherf1butch
01-08-2010, 04:05 PM
DCB, you don't want to hear from this guy believe me. He's a spin master and is not capable of admitting that a standard urine test is useless with today's advancements.

H.E.R.
01-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Well according to the USADA and WADA who your so fond of quoting they BOTH said that urine and blood test are needed but we will all defer to the higer power in yourself and say only urine is needed (yeah right). If you feel than Manny shouldn't take the test because it's not required that's one thing, but sit here and try to distort facts when both agencies just came out and said they propose and favor both blood and urine is bogus. You act like there is no cheating in the little world you live in, anyway pac man against clottey on the 13th He's not a good boxer it should be entertaing for some rounds.

Alright...allow me to summarize (while repeating) EVERYTHING.

The NSAC and the USADA check for the same performance enhancing drugs and masking agents. The difference is the testing procedure. The NSAC does urine testing, once before and once after the fight. The USADA does random blood and urine testing, the kind of testing that Mayweather is calling for. Blood testing has never been used in professional boxing history. Because Mayweather's call for USADA is on the fight contract, it can be negotiated. Pacquiao has called for a blood tests on the kick-off press conference, randomly until 24 days until the fight, and IMMEDIATELY after the fight along with random urine testing throughout training. What performance enhancing drugs or masking agents cannot be found on the NSAC's list, which is the same as the USADA's list, during that time frame?

The main difference between urine and blood testing is hGH. The USADA has never caught any athlete using hGH. You could research that on you own. Either the system is flawed or boxers aren't using it. EPO? Mosley was caught using EPO and was not caught by the NSAC, possibly because he knew how the testing dates were. This also doesn't mean that blood testing would've definitely caught EPO use. As stated by the WADA, the best EPO detection procedure is urine testing. If Pacquiao is willing to go through random urine testing throughout his entire training camp and complying with the NSAC's urine test after the fight, how can he possibly hide EPO use, or any other performance enhancing drug or masking agent in his system?

And the thought that maybe because they know their being tested has no effect on that?

You dont think that them knowing they will tested at random times makes them not wanna cheat?

all this proves is that this form of testing is the best way to make it 100% fair and no one is cheating doesn't it?

Marion Jones used hGH among other different performance enhancing drugs and was never caught. That fact alone puts all three of your questions to shame.

After everything stated, please tell me which parts aren't true?

H.E.R.
01-08-2010, 04:17 PM
DCB, you don't want to hear from this guy believe me. He's a spin master and is not capable of admitting that a standard urine test is useless with today's advancements.

I'm not even a guy!

jetsforever
01-08-2010, 04:20 PM
I'm not even a guy!

Lesbian? :p

This whole thing plays into both guys IMO. Mayweather could have given in (he already did to certain things), Pac could have given in.

H.E.R.
01-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Lesbian? :p

I'm a boxing, Jets and Yankees fan...sorry, not a lesbian. :D

This whole thing plays into both guys IMO. Mayweather could have given in (he already did to certain things), Pac could have given in.

You can't sit there and tell me the things he might not have given in to were entirely reasonable.

sherf1butch
01-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Well not only was Mosley on EPO he was also on a steroid cream that Conte came up with, you know the one. No positive result there either.

jetsforever
01-08-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm a boxing, Jets and Yankees fan...sorry, not a lesbian. :D

You can't sit there and tell me the things he might not have given in to were entirely reasonable.

:dance: :cheers: Come into the Jets forum more often.

And some of the things he gave into were reasonable. But $10 million dollars a pound can easily be considered a bit outrageous. He agreed to it despite not being in the best finacial status, as you earlier mentioned.

sherf1butch
01-08-2010, 04:37 PM
As stated by the WADA, the best EPO detection procedure is urine testing. There you go again quoting WADA, I just showed you a article where THE CHAIRMAN OF WADA said BOTH test should be done, so if your willing to listen to them on one part maybe you should say hey, maybe these guy's do know what their talking and don't selectively choose what parts your going to listen to and follow. Just seperate the fan in you and step back and listen to what everybody is saying it's not that unreasonable.

sherf1butch
01-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Hey, girl woman i'm not mad at you, you have some good points but blood testing is the future of all sports at least the ones serious about keeping their sport clean. Theres always going to a new ped or something they find to give them a boost it finally came out that aaron pryor cheated even though we always suspected that something was in that bottle

DCB/LAL
01-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Alright...allow me to summarize (while repeating) EVERYTHING.

The NSAC and the USADA check for the same performance enhancing drugs and masking agents. The difference is the testing procedure. The NSAC does urine testing, once before and once after the fight. The USADA does random blood and urine testing, the kind of testing that Mayweather is calling for. Blood testing has never been used in professional boxing history. Because Mayweather's call for USADA is on the fight contract, it can be negotiated. Pacquiao has called for a blood tests on the kick-off press conference, randomly until 24 days until the fight, and IMMEDIATELY after the fight along with random urine testing throughout training. What performance enhancing drugs or masking agents cannot be found on the NSAC's list, which is the same as the USADA's list, during that time frame?

The main difference between urine and blood testing is hGH. The USADA has never caught any athlete using hGH. You could research that on you own. Either the system is flawed or boxers aren't using it. EPO? Mosley was caught using EPO and was not caught by the NSAC, possibly because he knew how the testing dates were. This also doesn't mean that blood testing would've definitely caught EPO use. As stated by the WADA, the best EPO detection procedure is urine testing. If Pacquiao is willing to go through random urine testing throughout his entire training camp and complying with the NSAC's urine test after the fight, how can he possibly hide EPO use, or any other performance enhancing drug or masking agent in his system?

Marion Jones used hGH among other different performance enhancing drugs and was never caught. That fact alone puts all three of your questions to shame.

After everything stated, please tell me which parts aren't true?

Actually YEAH she has but they did nothing about it.

Olympic champion Marion Jones said in a statement on Monday she was "shocked" her initial drug test from a June sample was positive.

The comments, issued by her attorney, Howard Jacobs, were the first by Jones since it was first reported on Friday she had tested positive for the banned blood-boosting drug erythropoietin (EPO).

In her statement, Jones did not address for what substance she tested positive. But Reuters previously reported that according to her coach, Steve Riddick, Jones told him in a text mesasage that she had tested positive for EPO.

"I was shocked when I was informed about the positive 'A' sample," Jones said in the statement.

"I have requested that the testing of my 'B' sample be expedited and done as soon as possible.

"I would also like to note that only my lawyers have the authority to speak on my behalf in this matter, and I will have no further comment until the results of the 'B' sample are released."

According to multiple media reports citing sources familiar with the case, Jones' "B" sample is scheduled to be tested on Sept. 6.

link- http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/trackandfield/news/story?id=2556574

sherf1butch
01-08-2010, 04:54 PM
So now that Pac man is fighting Clottey, who do you think Floyd SHOULD fight? not who he's actually gonna fight. I would love to see floyd or pac man give Williams or Mosley a shot I think those would be entertaining fights as well as giving those guy's some well deserved money.

H.E.R.
01-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Well not only was Mosley on EPO he was also on a steroid cream that Conte came up with, you know the one. No positive result there either.

Officials say they have urine tests that link to Barry Bonds to the cream. If they couldn't catch Mosley then, they could probably catch him now. It's not even known if blood tests would've caught him either.

As stated by the WADA, the best EPO detection procedure is urine testing. There you go again quoting WADA, I just showed you a article where THE CHAIRMAN OF WADA said BOTH test should be done, so if your willing to listen to them on one part maybe you should say hey, maybe these guy's do know what their talking and don't selectively choose what parts your going to listen to and follow.

I wouldn't be quoting them if I wasn't listening. You still have yet to tell me why they have better drug testing simply other than they do blood, which I've argued is still nothing but an intrusive, excessive, and unnecessary procedure.

blood testing is the future of all sports at least the ones serious about keeping their sport clean.

Good luck finding an American sport to watch. The NBA, MLB, NFL, and NHL are all protected by their Players Associations' drug testing policy. Urine testing is also being expanded to look for hGH through nanotechnology.

Come into the Jets forum more often.

I was there for the Colts game. I work a lot.

And some of the things he gave into were reasonable. But $10 million dollars a pound can easily be considered a bit outrageous. He agreed to it despite not being in the best finacial status, as you earlier mentioned.

154, where neither of them are ranked on any rankings list? 10oz gloves, which Mayweather didn't use against Marquez and why he attributes his victory over De La Hoya's is better than Pacquiao's? A 60-40 split after retiring for two years and fighting the lightweight champion at welterweight? $10 million, as high as that is, again had precedent.

sherf1butch
01-08-2010, 05:06 PM
"I wouldn't be quoting them if I wasn't listening. You still have yet to tell me why they have better drug testing simply other than they do blood, which I've argued is still nothing but an intrusive, excessive, and unnecessary procedure." YOUR the one quoting them saying they say urine is the best test to dectect EPO, and when I quote the chairman of said organization saying that both test are needed you completely ignore it and then refuse to agree with them. So your saying I'll listen to them only when it benefits my arguement, other than that I don't have any faith in them.

H.E.R.
01-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Actually YEAH she has but they did nothing about it.

Alright she was caught years after the earliest admitted performance enhancing drug use. It still doesn't exactly help put over Olympic-style drug testing in boxing.

So now that Pac man is fighting Clottey, who do you think Floyd SHOULD fight? not who he's actually gonna fight. I would love to see floyd or pac man give Williams or Mosley a shot I think those would be entertaining fights as well as giving those guy's some well deserved money.

Well said. I wholeheartedly agree. I don't want him to fight a 140 pounder at 147, including Timothy Bradley. I want him to call out any of The Ring's top ranked Welterweights, excluding himself of course. That to me would be a huge step up from his last fight. I would even pay to watch if he had Paul Williams come down to 147. I do not care what anyone else would say afterward if he beat him and accuse him of weight draining.

H.E.R.
01-08-2010, 05:16 PM
OUR the one quoting them saying they say urine is the best test to dectect EPO, and when I quote the chairman of said organization saying that both test are needed you completely ignore it and then refuse to agree with them. So your saying I'll listen to them only when it benefits my arguement, other than that I don't have any faith in them.

I'm arguing blood testing procedures. Not the people at the USADA and the WADA who study on performance enhancing drugs and masking agents. Until the USADA and the WADA or whomever can finally say blood testing is THE BEST procedure for every known performance enhancing drug and masking agent that athletes use, I can feel free to agree and disagree with them on any stance with research I've gathered. You could be the authority on anything and I'll disagree with you on some points. Hell, I disagree with President Obama's continued use and extension of the Patriot Act, but that's a different argument.

MJ-BULLS
01-08-2010, 07:59 PM
that sucks i really wanted to see them fight

JJ_JKidd
01-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Mayweather camp not giving up on superfight

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer was desperately trying to reignite talks Friday to salvage the Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Manny Pacquiao fight even as Pacquiao’s chief adviser said the Filipino superstar is “hours away” from signing a contract to fight Joshua Clottey.

Since the start of negotiations for a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight began in mid-November, Mayweather demanded random, Olympic-style drug testing administered by the United States Anti-Doping Agency, which would have meant that both fighters were subject to random blood and urine testing up to and including the day before the proposed March 13 fight. Pacquiao rejected the offer, agreeing to unlimited urine tests but demanding that any blood tests be cut off no later than 30 days before the fight.

The sides had quickly agreed on most points in the negotiations and the drug-testing dispute has been the only sticking point in the last month in an attempt to make the bout between the men widely regarded as the top two fighters in the world.

The highly anticipated bout seemed to be going down the drain Friday afternoon as Pacquiao adviser Mike Koncz told Yahoo! Sports by telephone from the Philippines that “we’ve moved on and are getting ready to sign a contract to fight Clottey.”

Schaefer, whose company is representing Mayweather in the talks, said Friday he isn’t sure Pacquiao is aware that Mayweather agreed to cut off testing 14 days before the fight and to have it administered by the Nevada Athletic Commission.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=AuU3gs3.4d0OF6uRiU_eONSUxLYF?slug=ki-pacfloydnegotiations010810&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Maine_Arvie89
01-10-2010, 11:23 AM
There has never been a fight in boxing with so much money involved. There has also never been a fight with so much money involved that has fallen apart. To top it off, the fight was ruined over something that could have been easily negotiated. First, Floyd Mayweather must recognize that drawing blood can deplete an athlete’s energy and the entire body’s utilities. Second, Manny Pacquiao must understand that the amount of blood taken in a drug test is very minimal and the body will most likely not feel any effects, and even if it does, will be fully recovered within a few hours.

Maine_Arvie89
01-10-2010, 11:24 AM
That was a quote...it was on the money to me

Gangreenseason
01-10-2010, 07:00 PM
The truth about Pacquiao Right Here

http://*************************/videos/video.php?v=wshhfB1IPMi7379Sxqf7

H.E.R.
01-10-2010, 08:13 PM
The truth about Pacquiao Right Here

http://*************************/videos/video.php?v=wshhfB1IPMi7379Sxqf7

http://www.examiner.com/x-10947-Indianapolis-Fight-Sports-Examiner~y2010m1d9-Teddy-TellAll-Either-theres-an-idiot-in-Team-Pacquiao-or-Atlas-is-starting-crap

http://www.examiner.com/x-23590-Mississippi-Fight-Sports-Examiner~y2010m1d9-Unamed-reliable-source-alleges-cover-up

DCB/LAL
01-11-2010, 06:52 AM
Alright she was caught years after the earliest admitted performance enhancing drug use. It still doesn't exactly help put over Olympic-style drug testing in boxing.

Well said. I wholeheartedly agree. I don't want him to fight a 140 pounder at 147, including Timothy Bradley. I want him to call out any of The Ring's top ranked Welterweights, excluding himself of course. That to me would be a huge step up from his last fight. I would even pay to watch if he had Paul Williams come down to 147. I do not care what anyone else would say afterward if he beat him and accuse him of weight draining.

Yeah thats the point EVERYONE KNOWS she cheated now because she got caught which means she never was ONE OF THE GREATEST and her wins MEAN NOTHING NOW CAUSE SHE WAS PRETTY MUCH ERASED FROM THE RECORD BOOKS.

This is all Manny's fault PERIOD. Nuff Said.

JJ_JKidd
01-11-2010, 12:04 PM
BOTTOM LINE: Teddy, you got to tell all! The comments Mr. Atlas made are definitely serious ones and he should back it up with facts and names or risk being part of the defamation suit as well.

The people want to know the truth. They're sick and tired of speculations and hypothetical questions. If you have some groundbreaking scoop, spill the beans and reveal your source and the complete story altogether. The way he worded his statement really made Pacquiao sound dirty. I hope Atlas really has a good scoop behind this other than just going off what he read on the internet or the papers otherwise, this is just another propaganda type waste of time and the bottom line is, the fight still ain't happening.

Allow me to call on my reliable colleagues to get a hold of Atlas and be the first to get the scoop! Boxing Truth, 8 Count, Marley- anybody! Get Atlas on the line and get him to spill the beans. Is Pacquiao really dirty? Or does Atlas simply want to join the lawsuit party? It seems to me that the less a columnist knows anything about the insides and goings-on of Team Pacquiao, the more likely they are to repeat and report on the initial press release they read from GBP. The truth will come out- eventually.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-10947-Indianapolis-Fight-Sports-Examiner~y2010m1d9-Teddy-TellAll-page-2

H.E.R.
01-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Yeah thats the point EVERYONE KNOWS she cheated now because she got caught which means she never was ONE OF THE GREATEST and her wins MEAN NOTHING NOW CAUSE SHE WAS PRETTY MUCH ERASED FROM THE RECORD BOOKS.

This is all Manny's fault PERIOD. Nuff Said.

So the fact that Pacquiao hasn't been proven of taking performance enhancing drugs makes this his fault? The fact that the only difference between urine tests and blood tests is hGH (although the future of hGH detection is urine testing) and that blood tests have a 0% catch rate is Pacquiao's fault? The fact that blood tests are pretty much unnecessary when Pacquiao's camp already agreed to random urine testing is Pacquiao's fault? The fact Mayweather wasn't willing to compromise is Pacquiao's fault?

Raps18-19 Champ
01-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Why would Manny email questions like that?

That obviously isn't him.

KnickVeteran
01-11-2010, 08:27 PM
As a boxing fan, I'm going with the facts here

Freddie Roach on the Mayweathers, Drug Testing
12/17/2009 11:58 PM ET By Lem Satterfield

Last month, Freddie Roach trained and led Manny Pacquiao to a knockout of Miguel Cotto for an unprecedented seventh crown in as many different weight classes in Las Vegas.

Three weeks later on Dec. 5, Roach was in New Castle, England, guiding 140-pound champion Amir Khan to a first-round knockout of Dmitriy Salita.

And on Saturday night, the 49-year-old boxing guru will be in Youngstown, Ohio, in the corner of former U.S. Olympian Vanes Martirosyan (25-0, 16 knockouts) of Glendale, Calif.

The 23-year-old Martirosyan will challenge NABF junior middleweight (154 pounds) champion and southpaw Willie Lee (17-5, 10 KOs) of New Orleans in a 12-rounder at the Beeghly Center.

The constant travel across time zones and continents and resulting jet-lag could be a lot to take for anyone, let alone someone such as Roach, who is doing so while enduring the potentially debilitating affects of Parkinson's -- the degenerative central nervous system disorder that can impair speech, motor skills and other functions.

"I pretty much just ignore it and work as hard as I can," said Roach, a Hall of Fame trainer and three-time Trainer Of The Year who is the proprietor of the prestigious Wild Card Boxing Club in Los Angeles.

In an interview with FanHouse on Thursday afternoon, Roach shared his thoughts on Floyd Mayweather Jr., the man Pacquiao will face on March 13, likely at Las Vegas' MGM Grand or the Dallas Cowboys' Stadium in Arlington, Texas, as well as the fighter's father, Floyd Sr., and trainer-uncle, Roger.

FanHouse: What is your secret for being so active while enduring Parkinson's?

Freddie Roach: Sometimes, when I'm with close friends, and they see me shaking, they'll say, 'Freddie, take your medication.' [Laughs.] But the thing is, it's something that I deal with, and I'm just not going to let it take over.

You've got to fight and stay active, and that's the best thing for me, at least. I'm not going to let it win, that's for sure.

FH: If you were able to sit down and talk to Floyd Mayweather Jr., how would that conversation go?

Roach: Well, I think, Floyd Jr., I could reason with. I think that we actually get along pretty well -- until I start talking trash about him. [Laughs].

After the Oscar de La Hoya fight, when I trained Oscar against Floyd, he told me, '[Oscar] would never have gone the distance without you.'

I think Floyd respects me, and I respect him as a fighter. I'd like to see Floyd Jr. recognize that he's a role model, and I don't think that he realizes how many kids out there look up to him.

I think that he should calm it down a little bit and be more respectful and just be a better role model for the younger kids growing up in the world today. He's definitely that role model.

Throwing money around, and so forth, I don't think that's being the best role model in the world. But I think that he should take that into consideration and maybe be a better person.

Again, these young kids, they want to be like him and they'll do what he does. They want to be like Floyd Mayweather Jr.

FH: Could you sit down with Floyd Mayweather Sr. without the gloves going on?

Roach: Senior, yeah, because he's not a bad guy. He has his poems and so forth, but he's rather harmless and he doesn't really offend me that much.

Sometime or another, when I'm in a bad mood, I'll fire back. But, we can definitely sit down and talk for sure.

FH: How about Roger Mayweather?

Roach: The third Mayweather -- Roger? Nah. Because he disrespects my trainer. He talks badly about Eddie Futch, and I hate that.

You know, Eddie Futch passed away and he can't defend himself. I don't like that whatsoever. But the dad, Floyd Sr., and Floyd Jr., I could definitely talk to.

But Roger? No.

FH: What are your thoughts on the random Olympic-style drug-testing proposed by the Floyd Mayweather camp for both Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao prior to the fight?

Roach: I have no problem with that whatsoever. Whatever kind of testing they want is no problem. I have trouble giving Manny Pacquiao vitamins. He won't take any protein drinks. No problem at all.

Rice is Manny Pacquiao taking steroids. That's all that he eats in the Philippines.

http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2009/12/17/freddie-roach-on-the-mayweathers-olympic-style-drug-testing/

In this interview December 28, 2009, Freddie Roach has a change of heart on the olympic style drug testing even though it was in the contract from the beginning http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-YOcWjHfsk

You guys have to understand the olympic style drug testing was always in the contract. Even Dan Rafael an anti-mayweather foe can attest to that. Manny's camp came back with their own demands. First, it instead of welterweight natural 10oz gloves, we'll go with the 8oz. Floyd agreed to it. Then Pacquiao camp came back with the demands of a smaller ring. Floyd then agreed to it. Then they came back in a shocking demand with if Floyd is over the 147lb limit, then he will be fine $10 million. That kind of demand IMO should nix the talks altogether, but FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR agreed to it. Now the fight is on right? No, now Pacquiao camp has problem with the blood testing. His first excuse, he's superstitious, 2nd excuse, it makes him weak, 3rd excuse he's scared of needles. For a guy scared of needles, he does have more than one tattoo. Don't take your word for it, drawing blood doesn't make you weak. But, what does a doctor know? Listen to Nate Campbell's and Paulie Malignaggi's account on the whole blood testing and whether it makes you weak.

Paulie Malignaggi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmQ-FjEUncg
Nate Campbell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo_xRfVizgU

Floyd recent statements

" "Throughout this whole process I have remained patient, but at this point I am thoroughly disgusted that Pacquiao and his representatives are trying to blame me for the fight not happening when clearly the blame is on them.

"First and foremost, not only do I want to fight Manny Pacquiao, I want to whip his punk ***.

"Before the mediation, my team proposed a 14-day, no blood testing window leading up to the fight. But it was rejected. I am still proposing the 14-day window but he is still unwilling to agree to it, even though this is obviously a fair compromise on my part as I wanted the testing to be up until the fight and he wanted a 30-day cut-off. The truth is he just doesn't want to take the tests.

"In my opinion it is Manny Pacquiao and his team who are denying the people a chance to see the biggest fight ever. I know the people will see through their smokescreens and lies. I am ready to fight and sign the contract. Manny needs to stop making his excuses, step up and fight."

2009mvp
01-11-2010, 08:33 PM
So the fact that Pacquiao hasn't been proven of taking performance enhancing drugs makes this his fault? The fact that the only difference between urine tests and blood tests is hGH (although the future of hGH detection is urine testing) and that blood tests have a 0% catch rate is Pacquiao's fault? The fact that blood tests are pretty much unnecessary when Pacquiao's camp already agreed to random urine testing is Pacquiao's fault? The fact Mayweather wasn't willing to compromise is Pacquiao's fault?

Not true. Blood doping/EPO gets picked up through blood testing. Victor Conte admits that Mosley was on an EPO in training for the second DLH fight and obviously was able to get away with it.

KnickVeteran
01-11-2010, 08:38 PM
I thought Freddie Roach doesn't even know what Steroids are. How about the fight against John Ruiz vs. James Toney? Freddie Roach was James Toney's trainer and he knew Toney was on steroids while training him.

Trainer Freddie Roach said, "The Ruiz fight, James was coming off an injury and we didn't have enough time for it to completely heal. He wasn't at one-hundred percent. The steroids didn't seem to affect him at all, we didn't even know it was still in his system for that fight. James was just himself in the Ruiz fight. His boxing ability won him the fight.

http://www.hbo.com/boxing/fighters/toney_james/bio.html

Edit: He was the trainer when Toney got caught the 2nd time too.

LOS ANGELES -- Three-time champion James Toney tested positive for steroids and could face a one-year suspension from boxing.

Armando Garcia, the California State Athletic Commission's executive officer, said Toney and Danny Batchelder, his opponent in a heavyweight bout May 24 in San Jose, tested positive for two types of steroids. They were suspended indefinitely.

"They have a right to appeal," Garcia said Wednesday. "My recommendation is suspension until the end of the licensing year and a $2,500 fine for both. We will give them the 30 days to appeal. If they don't, that's what the suspension will be."

Toney tested positive for boldenone and stanazolol, and Batchelder tested positive for stanazolol and oxandolone, Garcia said. If they don't appeal, the boxers would be suspended one year from the date of their fight.

"We have a detailed anti-doping program in place in this state," Armando Garcia, the commission's executive director, told The Los Angeles Times for Wednesday's editions. "If they come here doping, they're going to get caught."

Toney won a split decision over Batchelder, an outcome that won't be changed, Garcia said. Toney has a 70-6-3 record with 43 knockouts and Batchelder is 25-5-1 with 12 knockouts.

Toney's promoter, Dan Goossen, and trainer, Freddie Roach, were not very happy with the fighter's performance and were upset with his conditioning despite the victory.

The 38-year-old Toney is a former IBF middleweight, super-middleweight and cruiserweight champion. He tested positive for nandrolone two years ago, and it cost him a victory over WBC heavyweight champion John Ruiz. That bout was ruled a no-contest.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2902823

KnickVeteran
01-11-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm sorry, Pacquiao camp didn't want to fight Floyd from the jump when they found out of the olympic style drug testing was in the contract. They tried to demand things after the fact that wasn't in the contract that Mayweather agreed to. They were hoping that Mayweather would decline their demand of $10 million as a fine if he went over the 147 lbs limit at the weight in. Mayweather agreed and Pacquiao's camp couldn't make it into a story to drop the fight. Then they said olympic style drug testing was never brought up which Dan Rafael has already said it was always in the contract.

Boxingscene.com has reported the mediator has claimed Team Pacquiao has been making false claims

Judge Daniel Weinstein today issued an order to correct the false record that has been created by the recent statements from Top Rank and Manny Pacquiao's representatives concerning what occurred at the mediation. The full text of the Judge's statement is as follows:

Mediator's Corrective Order Re: Mayweather-Pacquiao Mediation

The Mediator finds:

1. Various articles have appeared in the press purporting to characterize the substance and outcome of the Mayweather-Pacquiao mediation and the negotiations between the parties. Many of the reports are incorrect.

2. The mediation was a confidential proceeding. Any comments to the press or public by participants in the mediation purporting to report the substance or details of the mediation are violations of the strict confidentiality to which the parties and their representatives agreed and which they authorized the Mediator to enforce.

3. The parties and their representatives authorized that, if misinformation was disclosed to the press by either side, the Mediator would correct any erroneous information.

The Mediator corrects the erroneous reports to the press as follows:

a. Both parties participated in the mediation in good faith. Both parties participated in many hours of negotiation, with a number of proposals issued by each side and carefully considered by the parties and their representatives.

b. The Mediator himself did not formulate, recommend or issue a Mediator's Proposal. The Mediator did not make an evaluation or finding that any one of the many proposals considered by the parties was the correct protocol.

c. Any attempt to characterize the mediation process as an acceptance or rejection by any of the parties of a mediator's or an arbiter's proposal or of any specific proposal is false.

d. In the end, the parties could not agree on a testing protocol acceptable to all.
Source: boxingscene.com

Now, Pacquiao is going to fight Joshua Clottey who's apart of Top Rank owned by Bob Arum. Manny Pacquiao is promoted by who? Bob Arum

Wake up boxing fans.

H.E.R.
01-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Not true. Blood doping/EPO gets picked up through blood testing. Victor Conte admits that Mosley was on an EPO in training for the second DLH fight and obviously was able to get away with it.

The WADA says the most efficient way of EPO use is urine testing. Mosley used rub on steroids, which may not have been detectable then, but have recently caught it in Barry Bonds's urine tests.

Now, Pacquiao is going to fight Joshua Clottey who's apart of Top Rank owned by Bob Arum. Manny Pacquiao is promoted by who? Bob Arum

Wake up boxing fans.

Or perhaps Top Rank wants no business with Golden Boy after failed negotiations here. You act like they've never done business before.

DCB/LAL
01-11-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm sorry, Pacquiao camp didn't want to fight Floyd from the jump when they found out of the olympic style drug testing was in the contract. They tried to demand things after the fact that wasn't in the contract that Mayweather agreed to. They were hoping that Mayweather would decline their demand of $10 million as a fine if he went over the 147 lbs limit at the weight in. Mayweather agreed and Pacquiao's camp couldn't make it into a story to drop the fight. Then they said olympic style drug testing was never brought up which Dan Rafael has already said it was always in the contract.

Boxingscene.com has reported the mediator has claimed Team Pacquiao has been making false claims

Wake up boxing fans.

Yeah pretty obvious.

2009mvp
01-11-2010, 11:41 PM
The WADA says the most efficient way of EPO use is urine testing. Mosley used rub on steroids, which may not have been detectable then, but have recently caught it in Barry Bonds's urine tests.

Or perhaps Top Rank wants no business with Golden Boy after failed negotiations here. You act like they've never done business before.

An EPO leaves traces in the urine for a day, maybe two. Blood testing alerts you to abnormalities in the RBC count that could be an indicator of EPO use or blood doping. Those traces stay in the blood much longer than in the urine. Both go hand in hand.

As for SSM, there are supposedly documents that say he received the rub on steroids and presumably used them around that time. What he admitted to in court was injecting himself with an EPO before Mosley/DLH II.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-12-2010, 02:38 PM
He wont fight Mosley or Pac-Man... I guarentee Floyed wouldnt even fight me at this point.

JJ_JKidd
01-13-2010, 05:31 AM
He wont fight Mosley or Pac-Man... I guarentee Floyed wouldnt even fight me at this point.

Agree 100%

DCB/LAL
01-13-2010, 11:21 AM
One thing about Urine tests is theres ways around them believe me I KNOW and I could pass a dozens of Urine tests without problem no doubt Manny would be able to. Blood Tests are the BEST way.

H.E.R.
01-13-2010, 12:58 PM
An EPO leaves traces in the urine for a day, maybe two. Blood testing alerts you to abnormalities in the RBC count that could be an indicator of EPO use or blood doping. Those traces stay in the blood much longer than in the urine. Both go hand in hand.

Outside of the world of cycling, you're not convicted of using EPO unless you fail the EPO urine detection test. It's true that EPO is not traced in urine for long, but when Pacquiao's camp is allowing random urine testing throughout camp, I don't see how he could hide it.

http://www.letsrun.com/2003/epoqa.php

As for SSM, there are supposedly documents that say he received the rub on steroids and presumably used them around that time. What he admitted to in court was injecting himself with an EPO before Mosley/DLH II.

He admitted to both "the clear" and "the cream" use.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_sports/2008/12/03/2008-12-03_doping_calendars_detail_sugar_shane_mosl.html
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=22075

One thing about Urine tests is theres ways around them believe me I KNOW and I could pass a dozens of Urine tests without problem no doubt Manny would be able to. Blood Tests are the BEST way.

So...you take performance enhancing drugs?

The Schmooze
01-14-2010, 05:29 PM
This is ridiculous. Both would have made out like bandits from this fight. Greedy bastards.

Now if they ever do it, although it will be huge, moementum shoudl go down a bit. People are excited, they want to see the two best int he world fight NOW

jetsforever
01-16-2010, 05:53 PM

Your a no name fighter so Im sure he would enjoy murdering you.

The_Mac22
01-16-2010, 06:32 PM
I want to see Mayweather fight Berto. No matter the outcome of his pcoming fight with Mosley.

drobe86
01-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Guys cut the gimmicks. Floyd Mayweather is a complete joke. Fighting light weights and guys that have no chance in hell of beating him. Manny pacquio would drop Mayweather off and he knows it. That's why he's asking for the absurd olympic testing and blah blah blah. He didn't ask for any of this stuff vs. Ricky Hatton or Oscar, or even the last bum he fought. (Marquez) Floyd's a fraud....