PDA

View Full Version : Foul?

Niro
01-06-2010, 10:20 AM
well i didnt see a foul from ellis or maggette on that last play against jr:facepalm:

where was it?

warriors just got screwed over:mad:

edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5y3yDkuMRc

starting in 4.00 when maggette had the ball warriors called a timeout but its a jump ball...on the other end denver gets the timeout just before backcourt violation

king4day
01-06-2010, 10:28 AM
If you can provide a link you'll get responses. Otherwise, I doubt anyone outside of Denver and GS, saw it.

kntresistheheat
01-06-2010, 10:53 AM
I will help him out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iztm1aD6Y2o

He did not foul him

black1605
01-06-2010, 11:27 AM
who was it called on?

LanceUpperCut
01-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Ya pretty weak call but I'm not suprised.

king4day
01-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Weak call but Maggette bumped into Smiths back. Probably the right call but I'm surprised they made it.

spreadeagle
01-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Ya he bumped him in the back..... kinda weak

Cool007
01-06-2010, 12:38 PM
That was one of the weakest call you will find in the NBA especially at the end of the game - very bailout type.

Just because the guy double pumped, doesn't mean somebody fouled him.

NBA Refs :facepalm:

daleja424
01-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Id send that tape to the league if I was them... that should be a Warriors win

tr4shb0t
01-06-2010, 01:46 PM
the league has been known to protect teams that have injuries so they don't fall too far behind. so i can't say i'm surprised, but usually its not because of a weak call at the end but rather other things throughout the game.

ManRam
01-06-2010, 01:53 PM
He jumped up, and bumped him in the back. Tough call, but it was a foul in my opinion. Every time a shooter gets the defender up in the air, and the defender bumps him, it's a foul.

I'd be pissed if I were a GSW fan, but as an objective viewer, I can see how it was a foul.

The ref had the best view in the house. I gotta believe that there was significant contact. That angle is tough to tell.

Hawkeye15
01-06-2010, 02:11 PM
that was a bad call

dev0
01-06-2010, 02:26 PM
he swung his arm at him. any time the arm goes swinging the refs will call a foul. he should have gone straight up on him. an unfortunate, but necessary call

daleja424
01-06-2010, 02:49 PM
terrible call... anyone who thinks that should be called a foul needs to watch the tape again

the refs need to swallow their whistle on that play

JasonJohnHorn
01-06-2010, 03:24 PM
I had to watch it a few times. I'm not sure who the foul was called on, but the player in front of Smith absolutely did not touch Smith. The guy coming from behind him however clearly bumps in Smith, back-to-back mid shot, though I'm not sure if there was contact on the arm at all. Still, contact is contact, and even though it was an uncommon back-to-back bump, there was contact on the play and the shooter's shot was effected as a result. I think its a good call. Defenders have to watch those last-second plays, especially far behind the arc. They should stay in front of the players and jump straight up. My highschool basketball coach even told us that. Never jump for the arm on a last second play, fouls muct be avoided at all costs on those shots.

MoBASS
01-06-2010, 03:25 PM
For all you people that say it's a terrible call: there WAS contact. If you get bumped while shooting a jump shot, that's a FOUL. And I don't even like the Nuggets, I'm a Lakers fan...

Don Nelson and Corey Maggette got what they deserved. There is NO EXCUSE for Corey jumping in that situation. What's he trying to do, block the shot? Are you really that stupid? Just put your hands up and distract the shooter.

Sit down and watch some tapes of Tim Duncan sometime instead of staying out late and partying. Have some respect for the game.

When you have absolutely no understanding of the most BASIC basketball fundamentals, and no clue what defense is, then you deserve to lose.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-06-2010, 03:40 PM
I'll take it :D

broncsnugzbrave
01-06-2010, 04:02 PM
I think it was a make up call for the carry and travel that wasn't called at the other end to put GS ahead in the first place. What an exciting end to a game in which 4 of Denvers starters were injured before or during the game.

CityofTreez
01-06-2010, 04:03 PM
being a Kings fan. Not at all surprised.

NBA refs always seem to **** up games with GS & Sac?

Niro
01-06-2010, 04:20 PM
For all you people that say it's a terrible call: there WAS contact. If you get bumped while shooting a jump shot, that's a FOUL. And I don't even like the Nuggets, I'm a Lakers fan...

Don Nelson and Corey Maggette got what they deserved. There is NO EXCUSE for Corey jumping in that situation. What's he trying to do, block the shot? Are you really that stupid? Just put your hands up and distract the shooter.

Sit down and watch some tapes of Tim Duncan sometime instead of staying out late and partying. Have some respect for the game.

When you have absolutely no understanding of the most BASIC basketball fundamentals, and no clue what defense is, then you deserve to lose.

bro calm down

first of all the call was on ellis not maggette...maggette didnt even touched him...second in my opinion that was a BAD call..period.

IBleedPurple
01-06-2010, 04:35 PM
If you watch the angle from behind the basket, the contact is a little more visible.

But the 3 step carry on Ellis was not called on the previous possession, which got GS the lead.

Aboogz89
01-06-2010, 04:35 PM
there wasnt any contact but because ellis and corey jumped and it appeared that way....also jr did a great job faking contact...the warriors played bad defense. in that situation u dont jump just get a hand up.....

but to answer the thread it WAS NOT a foul. BAD CALL REFS

SteveNash
01-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Maggette didn't foul Smith, Monta did.

Stupid play by Monta when Maggette had it Smith completely covered, definitely not a move a top 50 player should make.

Cubs Win
01-06-2010, 05:31 PM
bro calm down

first of all the call was on ellis not maggette...maggette didnt even touched him...second in my opinion that was a BAD call..period.

It's easy to see how your view of the play is impaired though with you being a Warriors fan.

IDB Josh M
01-06-2010, 05:32 PM
We wouldnt be having this discussion if the referees called every foul with a few seconds left on the game clock. That being said ... a little consistency would be nice once in awhile.

Oh yeah, it was in Denver.

mavwar53
01-06-2010, 05:35 PM
he swung his arm at him. any time the arm goes swinging the refs will call a foul. he should have gone straight up on him. an unfortunate, but necessary call

How is it necessary if he never hit him?:facepalm:

mavwar53
01-06-2010, 05:37 PM
If you watch the angle from behind the basket, the contact is a little more visible.

But the 3 step carry on Ellis was not called on the previous possession, which got GS the lead.

Do you even know what basketball is? If you dont have control of the ball and never did how can you carry.

mavwar53
01-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Not only did they miss the fould but with 3 seconds maggs called timeout 2-3 seconds before the nuggets tied him up and so did the bench and it was never called, worst officiated last 3 seconds of a game ever.

Cubs Win
01-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Not only did they miss the fould but with 3 seconds maggs called timeout 2-3 seconds before the nuggets tied him up and so did the bench and it was never called, worst officiated last 3 seconds of a game ever.

Yeah you're probably right about that. (sarcasm) :facepalm:

SteveNash
01-06-2010, 05:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKn8jTCkTr8

B.JenningsMVP
01-06-2010, 07:39 PM
phantom foul.. ****ing refs

carter15
01-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Warriors should be happy, this will get them a higher pick in the draft since they are not making the playoffs.

Kakaroach
01-06-2010, 07:46 PM
I don't think it was a foul, but it doesn't matter. Why is Ellis that close to Smith anyway? He has no one to blame but himself for even giving the refs the opportunity to call him.

sf-fanatic
01-06-2010, 08:32 PM

start watching from 4:05 when the warriors were not granted a timeout just before smiths shot and then the denver nuggets are granted a questionable timeout right before a back court violation.

its exactly how the end of the game went without any plays cut off

JasonJohnHorn
01-06-2010, 08:41 PM

If you think that was bad officiating at the end of the game, check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnoZPsJCs64

Poor Charles Smith :( The video is grainy, but man, he got hit hard three times on that play and the officials were just rooting for the Bulls.

Trust me, there have been worse calls.

sf-fanatic
01-06-2010, 08:46 PM
If you think that was bad officiating at the end of the game, check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnoZPsJCs64

Poor Charles Smith :( The video is grainy, but man, he got hit hard three times on that play and the officials were just rooting for the Bulls.

Trust me, there have been worse calls.

haha it was michael jordan ! what do u expect!

willthethrill22
01-06-2010, 09:14 PM
so if you all say that Ellis and Corey should not of jumped, than playing defense is a foul? C'mon, instinct will tell you to put a hand up. There should of been no call.

aZekuiS
01-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Phantom call for sure. Nothing gets called in the final seconds of games, and a guy who's twisted in the air 40 feet from the basket gets that call. pleze.

Pentagram
01-06-2010, 09:52 PM
It's funny, I remember Antoine Wright all but knocked Carmelo Anthony on his *** in the playoffs last season in the last seconds of the game only for the refs to NOT call a foul which allowed Melo to sink a 3 to give them the lead.

Mag. doesn't seem to do anything to Smith and it's a foul. Very interesting...

zsiddiqui23
01-06-2010, 10:19 PM
hey, if JR could get away with murder, he could definitely get away with a phantom foul.

just sayin ;)

ESaady
01-06-2010, 10:47 PM
I wonder what the score would have been had the Nuggets played with a healthy squad.

Anyways, as a Warriors fan I could really care less, **** like this happens all the time to the team.

RapToronto95
01-06-2010, 11:01 PM

start watching from 4:05 when the warriors were not granted a timeout just before smiths shot and then the denver nuggets are granted a questionable timeout right before a back court violation.

its exactly how the end of the game went without any plays cut off

Wow. Ok I believe there was a foul, although a very weak and bad foul, when Monta slightly hit JR in the back. But with all that stuff starting at 4:05, that's just unfair man. Unfair refs. :mad:

DayDreamz
01-06-2010, 11:02 PM
bad call

VIP1349
01-06-2010, 11:10 PM
That game was badly officiated through out the game. Fact of the matter is Ellis ran into him and though there wasn't much contact it was still made. He did get the block to start with but JR pulled it back down and tossed it up. If we went through every bad call in this game, it would take hours. Ty Lawson got hurt because he got crushed going to the basket, no call. You guys didn't get your timeout. Curry and Ellis both traveled to even get you up in the first place. It was bound that this game would come down to the ref's. I was just surprised the referee's called anything as so often they'll let guys push people over at the end of the games just to get open. There's no way the Warriors could file a complaint as we had just as many bad calls as you guys. I'd prefer if the referee's didn't swallow there whistles every game, but when contact is made as it was and they call it, they'll always be hated on for it so they basically are forced into swallowing there whistles.

Super.
01-07-2010, 12:22 AM
How is it necessary if he never hit him?:facepalm:

Dude, he made contact in the air, while the guy was taking a jump shot.

Its a foul. Ive seen less called before

Ragun
01-07-2010, 12:35 AM
thats a foul IMO on ellis and not maggette.

skratcher
01-07-2010, 12:53 AM
:horse:

sf-fanatic
01-07-2010, 01:44 AM
Dude, he made contact in the air, while the guy was taking a jump shot.

Its a foul. Ive seen less called before

basketball is a contact sport the "touching" did not affect his shots. is any time two players make contact defined as a foul?

shizzle09
01-07-2010, 01:58 AM
It's easy to see how your view of the play is impaired though with you being a Warriors fan.

I hate the warriors and i can clearly see it was an awful call. Just because he's a warriors fan doesnt mean he's biased. That was GARBAGE Tim donaghy style.

shizzle09
01-07-2010, 02:03 AM
Check this foul call on Q rich. You think this warrior call was bad. WOW

He got elbowed in the face and they call blocking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTEtOYpj6cM

shizzle09
01-07-2010, 02:06 AM
thats a foul IMO on ellis and not maggette.

LOL, love the sig pic. Hilarious. Need one of those for Mario Chalmers

djeller1139
01-07-2010, 03:11 AM
Not a foul. Smith flailed a bit at the end and was 'bumped' on his way down after the shot. Refs feel the need to call everything - when it just slows down and ruins the game. Stupid call, and the Warriors should have gotten the win...

and for everyone saying 'well it counters the foul/travel/whatever not called on Golden State three weeks ago' or whatever - it doesn't matter. Each play is it's own play, and just because something wasn't doesn't mean something skeptical should be called.

The Bradley
01-07-2010, 04:07 AM
I used to love basketball but the officiating is so bad and biased it's not even funny. David Stern needs to get his *** kicked out as commissioner and put someone in who can make the officiating so it is fair. Just a reminder of how bad the refs in the NBA are...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhlGYvIMPgQ