PDA

View Full Version : Pacman-Mayweather Talks Yield No Result

JJ_JKidd
01-06-2010, 03:42 AM
By Dan Rafael
ESPN.com
Archive
After nine hours in mediation on Tuesday, the camps of Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. did not reach a resolution in their effort to overcome their differences in finalizing a super fight between the top two pound-for-pound fighters in the world.

If a deal is reached, the welterweight title bout is supposed to take place March 13 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Top Rank's Bob Arum and Todd duBoef, along with their legal team, Golden Boy's Richard Schaefer, Oscar De La Hoya, their legal team, and Mayweather manager Al Haymon spent the day with mediator Daniel Weinstein at offices in Santa Monica, Calif., hoping to pave the way for potentially the richest fight in boxing history.

On Monday, Arum said the fighters were supposed to have been available by telephone.

After beginning the process at 9:30 a.m. PT and leaving at approximately 6:30 p.m. PT, no deal had been reached.

Im really sick and tired of this drama. This is what makes boxing a S**T nowadays! Good luck in trying to revive this sport!

ULT WARRIOR408
01-06-2010, 08:32 PM
This will happen eventually.

goldenstater
01-06-2010, 08:34 PM
unfortunatly i think your right. i am so sick of boxing putting out these ******** fake mega fights where the guys are like 38 years old. if it does not happen when they are in there prime i think it will forever hurt boxing. all premadonnas who still think they are a national pastime( kind of like baseball a little.) its a weird arrogance that they have that i think only they dont recognize. i really hope it happens cause i love boxing and will be in line to go to vegas for that one. but i think you might be right.

2009mvp
01-06-2010, 09:27 PM
:yawn:

jetsforever
01-06-2010, 10:38 PM
The Fans have spread their legs open....

And Manny, Floyd and every other mother ****er just kicked us in the balls.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Fight most like to happen at the end of the year.

It's crazy to even hold this fight during March anyways.

That was like 4 months from Manny's toughest fight. He needs to recover at least 4 weeks. Then camp is like 8 weeks. Not really making sense to advertise a great fight in such a short time. And it won't be as fun to watch if a fighter might not be 100% for the greatest fight of his career.

Somewhere in October or November sounds perfect for the match if they both have lesser "warm up" opponents in March.