PDA

View Full Version : Knicks should go after Caron Butler

NANDOKNICK
01-05-2010, 09:00 PM
I like to see the Knicks go after Caron Butler then they can send
Harrington to the Bulls for Kirk Hinrich.

Hinrich
Butler
Chandler
Lee
Gallo,,,,

Looks good to me...

Brew Crew
01-05-2010, 09:01 PM
And the Bucks should too...

1-800-STFU
01-05-2010, 09:03 PM
I'd welcome you taking Hinrich and his contract off our hands for Al. I would very much welcome that.

bal_ravens
01-05-2010, 09:07 PM
And the Wizards would get...what for Caron?

Plus, there goes alot of your cap space. And i would expect the Wizards to want Chandler in the deal.

1-800-STFU
01-05-2010, 09:08 PM
And the Wizards would get...what for Caron?

Plus, there goes alot of your cap space. And i would expect the Wizards to want Chandler in the deal.

A hand shake and a new .45 for Arenas.

slaker619
01-05-2010, 09:14 PM
The only fair trade for ny and wiz is

Wiz Get: Jefferies, Nate & Duhon

Knicks Get: Butler, Foye & Deshawn Stevensons

Toenail Clipper
01-05-2010, 09:15 PM
I like to see the Knicks go after Caron Butler then they can send
Harrington to the Bulls for Kirk Hinrich.

Hinrich
Butler
Chandler
Lee
Gallo,,,,

Looks good to me...

that makes sense... not.

bal_ravens
01-05-2010, 09:18 PM
A hand shake and a new .45 for Arenas.

whoa whoa whoa, this isn't the Nationals we are talking about!

AddiX
01-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Nando is the idiot of the Knicks forums and would rather have Hinrich and Butler then any of the max FA's avail in 2010 draft.

BkOriginalOne
01-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Don't see who they can trade, other than Al harrington, which doesn't make sense seeing as how they have Jamison and he is better.
Butler should go to Rockets.

madiaz3
01-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Nando doesn't actually support the Knicks!

We're playing at a playoff level now, we which is all we need to keep up.

NYKnicks4511
01-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Nando is the idiot of the Knicks forums and would rather have Hinrich and Butler then any of the max FA's avail in 2010 draft.

x2. Sorry Nando but just haven't really read anything too insightful :/

Why would we want Hinrich?! :confused:

arkanian215
01-05-2010, 10:27 PM
The only fair trade for ny and wiz is

Wiz Get: Jefferies, Nate & Duhon

Knicks Get: Butler, Foye & Deshawn Stevensons

hahaha

mudvayne387
01-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Let me start off by saying that I hate trying to work out potential trades. You will always have people saying team A is giving up way too much or Team B wont do that trade because of blah blah blah... I have tremendous respect for these GM's and the work they do. With that being said, the people posting that the Knicks have nothing to offer the Wizards are ignorant. The Knicks have quite a few players that 90% of the league would love to have due to potential or short term cap relief. I am not going to lie and say I know too much about the Wizards, because I don't. But I will say that I have not missed a Knicks game this year and will continue to follow this teams progress the entire season.

Lets look at the Wizards situation. They are 10-21 on the year. They have lost four straight games, and their star point/combo guard could be in a heap of trouble or at the very least serve a lengthy suspension. Rumor has it that the Wiz are looking for teams interested in Jamison and Butler. I applaud their front office for realizing that this team is not going to be successful they way it is. On paper, this is one of the scariest teams in the east. but click on ESPN.COM / NBA / STANDINGS and you will see the real Washington Wizards. As far as trades are concerned, I doubt the Wizards are going to just give Butler or Jamison away. They are going to want expiring contracts or young talent. I am not aware of their cap situation, but one look at Arena's awful contract and I can speculate that its not too great.

The Knicks seem to be heading in the opposite direction (For Now). They have a new found respect for solid defense, and are sharing the work load more and more. We all know Donnie Walsh's master plan. Clear enough cap space so the Knicks can sign one max free agent (at the very least) in the summer of 10. However, he has said in the past that if he can acquire valuable pieces via trade this year that he would strongly consider it. Does Caron Butler entice star players such as James,Wade,Bosh, so on... to come to NY ? Im not sure. But I do know a playoff appearance and a strong finish to the season certainly would.

The Trade

The Wizard don't just give Butler away. They are going to want a replacement in scoring and tenacity. They can not take on anymore cap space and would certainly prefer to make room for free agency (I'm Assuming) The Knicks do not give up Gallo, but I'm guessing anyone else is fair game. (Yes, that means Chandler) We know they will not take on any more cap space that will hinder their chances at Lebron or any other big time free agent.

So, the for both teams to benefit, I think a trade would have to look something like this...

Wiazard's Get:

Wilson Chandler
Al Harrington
Jared Jeffries

Knicks Get:

Caron Butler
Mike Miller

The Knicks only take on 1 Million more in cap space. If Butler does not work out, he becomes a free agent in 11 freeing up cap space for another stacked free agency period. They also receive an expiring in Miller who can come off the bench or they could even release them if he does not fit in to D'Antoni's short rotation. The Wizards get Butler's replacement in Chandler. Someone who can drive hard to the rim, and does not shy away from contact. When focused, Chandler can really be a spark plug. Al Harrington is one of the most feared bench players in the league and could drop 30 on any given night. I can honestly see a return the Big Apple when his contract expires. (At a much smaller rate of course) The only negative the Wizards take on is the contract of the Geoffrey the Giraffe. He offsets the salaries and would have to be included for the Knicks to even consider this deal. (or Curry, but you have a better chance of seeing Rosie O'donnel passing up desert.)

In the End I am not convinced that replacing Chandler with Butler is a smart decision. Butler's numbers are slightly better, but he is older and comes at a higher price.

bkmikeyy
01-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Let me start off by saying that I hate trying to work out potential trades. You will always have people saying team A is giving up way too much or Team B wont do that trade because of blah blah blah... I have tremendous respect for these GM's and the work they do. With that being said, the people posting that the Knicks have nothing to offer the Wizards are ignorant. The Knicks have quite a few players that 90% of the league would love to have due to potential or short term cap relief. I am not going to lie and say I know too much about the Wizards, because I don't. But I will say that I have not missed a Knicks game this year and will continue to follow this teams progress the entire season.

Lets look at the Wizards situation. They are 10-21 on the year. They have lost four straight games, and their star point/combo guard could be in a heap of trouble or at the very least serve a lengthy suspension. Rumor has it that the Wiz are looking for teams interested in Jamison and Butler. I applaud their front office for realizing that this team is not going to be successful they way it is. On paper, this is one of the scariest teams in the east. but click on ESPN.COM / NBA / STANDINGS and you will see the real Washington Wizards. As far as trades are concerned, I doubt the Wizards are going to just give Butler or Jamison away. They are going to want expiring contracts or young talent. I am not aware of their cap situation, but one look at Arena's awful contract and I can speculate that its not too great.

The Knicks seem to be heading in the opposite direction (For Now). They have a new found respect for solid defense, and are sharing the work load more and more. We all know Donnie Walsh's master plan. Clear enough cap space so the Knicks can sign one max free agent (at the very least) in the summer of 10. However, he has said in the past that if he can acquire valuable pieces via trade this year that he would strongly consider it. Does Caron Butler entice star players such as James,Wade,Bosh, so on... to come to NY ? Im not sure. But I do know a playoff appearance and a strong finish to the season certainly would.

The Trade

The Wizard don't just give Butler away. They are going to want a replacement in scoring and tenacity. They can not take on anymore cap space and would certainly prefer to make room for free agency (I'm Assuming) The Knicks do not give up Gallo, but I'm guessing anyone else is fair game. (Yes, that means Chandler) We know they will not take on any more cap space that will hinder their chances at Lebron or any other big time free agent.

So, the for both teams to benefit, I think a trade would have to look something like this...

Wiazard's Get:

Wilson Chandler
Al Harrington
Jared Jeffries

Knicks Get:

Caron Butler
Mike Miller

The Knicks only take on 1 Million more in cap space. If Butler does not work out, he becomes a free agent in 11 freeing up cap space for another stacked free agency period. They also receive an expiring in Miller who can come off the bench or they could even release them if he does not fit in to D'Antoni's short rotation. The Wizards get Butler's replacement in Chandler. Someone who can drive hard to the rim, and does not shy away from contact. When focused, Chandler can really be a spark plug. Al Harrington is one of the most feared bench players in the league and could drop 30 on any given night. I can honestly see a return the Big Apple when his contract expires. (At a much smaller rate of course) The only negative the Wizards take on is the contract of the Geoffrey the Giraffe. He offsets the salaries and would have to be included for the Knicks to even consider this deal. (or Curry, but you have a better chance of seeing Rosie O'donnel passing up desert.)

In the End I am just not convinced that replacing Chandler with Butler is a smart decision. Butler's numbers are slightly better, but he is older and comes at a higher price.

noo way id rather have chandler than butler - butlers much older, costs a lot more and has already peaked. Chandler is still getting better and only 22 and comes with slightly over a million dollar price tag, you really can't beat that.

mudvayne387
01-05-2010, 10:52 PM
noo way id rather have chandler than butler - butlers much older, costs a lot more and has already peaked. Chandler is still getting better and only 22 and comes with slightly over a million dollar price tag, you really can't beat that.

I agree 100%. But the Wizard do not do the trade unless he is in the deal. I can not see them trading for Peaked players i.e. Nate Robinson or Al Harrington.

bkmikeyy
01-05-2010, 10:59 PM
I agree 100%. But the Wizard do not do the trade unless he is in the deal. I can not see them trading to Peaked players i.e. Nate Robinson or Al Harrington.

getting caron butler in general makes no sense for the knicks. The have enough SFs and are hoping to get either a 2 or a 3 in free agency. Why would they get caron when their main goal is lebron or johnson. The only trades that make sense for the knicks to take on any extra money and give up young talent for is for a legitimate point guard.

mudvayne387
01-05-2010, 11:10 PM
getting caron butler in general makes no sense for the knicks. The have enough SFs and are hoping to get either a 2 or a 3 in free agency. Why would they get caron when their main goal is lebron or johnson. The only trades that make sense for the knicks to take on any extra money and give up young talent for is for a legitimate point guard.

I am quite sure that Butler could play the 2 spot for the Knicks. He often starts their for the Wizard and is a much better fit then Chandler is at SG. Ridding of two extra Forwards in Jeffires and Harrington really doesn't hurt them and may even allow for Hill to see more minutes. Like I said before, I would not do the proposed trade either, I was simply calculating a reasonable trade for both teams. Some of the proposed trades are laughable and do not take into consideration the actual talent being thrown back and forth. Finding a point guard of the future is going to be extremely difficult via trade. No way do they land an elite PG without giving up everything that is their future. My honest opinion, Duhon is going to be a Knick in 2010-2011. :facepalm: