PDA

View Full Version : Rose & Durant Wins Players of the Week Honor

Cool007
01-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Rose, Durant Named Players Of The Week

The Chicago Bullsí Derrick Rose and the Oklahoma City Thunderís Kevin Durant today were named the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played Dec. 28, through Jan. 3.

Rose led the Bulls in scoring in each game, averaging 26.7 points, 5.0 rebounds and 5.7 assists, as Chicago went 3-0. On Jan. 2, Rose became the first Bulls player to post a 30-point, five-rebound, five-assist game since 2008 (Kirk Hinrich) when he amassed 30 points, six rebounds and seven assists in a 101-93 win over Orlando.

Durant paced the league in scoring (34.3 ppg) and added 7.3 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 1.8 blocks, leading Oklahoma City to a 3-1 week. On Jan. 2, Durant set a Thunder franchise record by recording his seventh consecutive 30-point game, becoming the first player to do so since Nov. 2007 (LeBron James).

:clap: :clap:

JordansBulls
01-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Wow this is crazy. Congrats to Rose. Curious, anyone know when the last time a Bulls player was Player of the Week?

Did Brand or anyone ever get that honor in the 2000's?

Jacob K.
01-04-2010, 04:49 PM
how soon before durant leads the league in scoring?

Baller1
01-04-2010, 04:51 PM
how soon before durant leads the league in scoring?

A couple months.

Cool007
01-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Wow this is crazy. Congrats to Rose. Curious, anyone know when the last time a Bulls player was Player of the Week?

Did Brand or anyone ever get that honor in the 2000's?

Ben Gordon has won few of these last few years. 1 being earlier this year.

ProdigyI
01-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Rose FTW

Chronz
01-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Rose has been sharp, is it coming together..... nah watch next game he turns it over 8x

Cubsfan365
01-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Rose has been sharp, is it coming together..... nah watch next game he turns it over 8x
Haterrrrrr hahaha

Cool007
01-04-2010, 05:01 PM

Hate much?

KH12
01-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Congrats to two beasts.

DaBUU
01-04-2010, 05:55 PM
and they step on the court tonight playing against each other. Bulls 5 straight? maybe

Tony_Starks
01-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Kobe didn't get it? Injuries? Wins? Scoring? Assists? Game winner?

Cubs Win
01-04-2010, 07:27 PM
This will be exciting to watch the Bulls-Thunder game tonight! But it's also great for the league that two of the younger players are stepping up and showing their promise.

Tha Truth
01-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Should be a good game tonight between the two.

I say the Thunder end the Bulls winning streak tonight and the simple reason is Kevin Durant. The man is in beast mode right now.

0nekhmer
01-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Kobe didn't get it? Injuries? Wins? Scoring? Assists? Game winner?

No Kobe Sucks :) (hides before angry mob attacks 10 pages of thread)
But in all seriousness, Durant is becoming scary good fast. His numbers are getting up there to the Lebron's, Kobe's, Wade's

Kakaroach
01-04-2010, 09:02 PM
They were freaking awesome this week. You can make a case for Kobe too. Congratz.

xxcubs22xx
01-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Yeah phenomenal play by them. I was at the Bulls vs. Pacers game as well as the Bulls vs. Hawks game, both were huge for Rose. Hes starting to pull it together and capitalize with or without his teammates offensively. Which has consequently helped the bulls offensively for other individuals as well. Salmons is starting to pull it together. Deng continues to score consistently, Noah is unwavering on the boards.

5 straight indeed! As long as we attack the Thunder properly (since they have more size...).

kozelkid
01-04-2010, 11:01 PM

ya and if you actually watched Rose you'd know that turnovers aren't one of his issues.
Then again, you claim you watch all 82 games for 5 different teams :rolleyes::laugh2:

Bullsfan22
01-04-2010, 11:18 PM
ya and if you actually watched Rose you'd know that turnovers aren't one of his issues.
Then again, you claim you watch all 82 games for 5 different teams :rolleyes::laugh2:

he has the nba package :rolleyes:

INeedMyJays
01-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Am i the only one that thinks Durant can be better than Lebron in the very near future? (If given a better supporting cast)

ManRam
01-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Am i the only one that thinks Durant can be better than Lebron in the very near future? (If given a better supporting cast)

Probably. I don't think there is really any one thing Durant is significantly better at than LeBron.

_KB24_
01-05-2010, 01:26 AM
How does Kobe not win the Player of the week award. He got the wins, stats, and a buzzer beater.

MTar786
01-05-2010, 05:44 AM
How does Kobe not win the Player of the week award. He got the wins, stats, and a buzzer beater.

kobe hate.. and the fact that he won it twoweeks in a row the week before this.. they cant keepgiving it to him..its like nba mvp. if it was for the best player in the league then kobe would be atleast a 5 time mvp by now

Taimla
01-05-2010, 06:13 AM
it should be kobe :facepalm: he had a crazy week including buzzer and beeing a new scorin leader.

kozelkid
01-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Probably. I don't think there is really any one thing Durant is significantly better at than LeBron.

shoooting...?
With that said I don't expect Durant to ever have as good of a prime as Lebron, but I do think Lebron will regress greatly, kinda like Shaq. It reminds of the Duncan vs Shaq comparison. Durant can play at a high level for a long time, but will never reach Lebron's peak while Lebron won't play at a high level as long. Just my opinion.

ManRam
01-05-2010, 05:39 PM
shoooting...?
With that said I don't expect Durant to ever have as good of a prime as Lebron, but I do think Lebron will regress greatly, kinda like Shaq. It reminds of the Duncan vs Shaq comparison. Durant can play at a high level for a long time, but will never reach Lebron's peak while Lebron won't play at a high level as long. Just my opinion.

Definitely not shooting. Neither are really drop dead shooters. They're scorers. LeBron's 3 point shooting has gotten a lot better, Durant has never been better than average.

I really don't think Durant is better than LeBron at anything. I've been on his bandwagon since day one, but that's how I feel. LeBron is a better scorer, passer, rebounder, team player, DEFENDER, shooter, winner...so on. I am also not worried about LeBron's durability.

Back on topic...Kobe deserved it. But whatever. It's just a silly honor, and it's better for the NBA to give the positive attention to KD. I'm sure Kobe could care less. It's not "Kobe hate" and Kobe lovers think.

Chronz
01-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Where did I say turnovers are one of his issues, if I had said watch him shoot 5-25 would you have said you should know FG% isnt one of his issues?

Why would you doubt my claims kid?

he has the nba package :rolleyes:
Quick what recent game would you like me to upload for you. If I did you this favor would you promise me never to post to me again?