PDA

View Full Version : East playoff spots 5-8 wide open.How will this affect your teams moves going forward

spreadeagle
01-04-2010, 03:36 PM
With Mia,Tor,Chi,Cha,Mil,NY,Det,Was,Ind,Phi all capable of getting into those 4 spots,Will teams that would have thought about blowing things up stay put or try to make a few moves to get a playoff spot,What should some of these teams do.

Cool007
01-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Bulls are moving up and have the next 7 games where they COULD go 5-2 as most of the teams are worse than Bulls.

Also, for all these teams - a lot can change - if 1 or few of those teams make a trade to either revamp the roster or to just rebuild then it can change in a hurry.

All-in-all, prepare to see this same fluctuations throughout the year with teams being apart of each other by only 1-2 games from 5th seed to 10th seed.

Giaps
01-04-2010, 04:08 PM
At least a few of these teams will probably make some major trades by the deadline.

jimbobjarree
01-04-2010, 04:18 PM
looks like toronto and chicago have hooked it up recently, I'll be suprised if those 2 and Miami miss the playoffs. 8th seed is open to whoever wants it, Charlotte are playing better now, NY are hanging about and Philly have got going recently. And of course Washington, do they trade their talent to improve now or to rebuild? I doubt the Pistons, Bucks or Pacers make the playoffs

spreadeagle
01-04-2010, 04:27 PM
It will be intresting to see what Toronto does with Bosh.I doubt they will deal him if they can make the playoffs.Also Mil has a somewhat realistic chance to make the playoffs again,I bet they want to blow it up and rebuild around Jennings n Bogut but they might hold on to Redd n make a run this yr

LanceUpperCut
01-04-2010, 04:40 PM
I think we should make the 5-6 spot, the start of the year was rough 9 new guys with a lot of roads game and against alot of top notch teams. Guys are figuring there role now and are sticking to it. Jan still has some tough games but Feb. is the easiest sch. I've seen us have in years. Now with Jose and Reggie Evans coming back we should find a new gear. I can see the raps make a couple small trades at most Jose.

mser58
01-04-2010, 04:45 PM
God if the 76ers continue to meander the 7-8 seeds I will lose all faith in this franchise.

DayDreamz
01-04-2010, 04:45 PM
i can see the raps dealing jose.....they been playing alot better without him.

DayDreamz
01-04-2010, 04:46 PM
i believe the 76ers can make a late push for the 8th spot

Jacob K.
01-04-2010, 04:46 PM
id like to see milwaukee make it in,

JordansBulls
01-04-2010, 04:48 PM
We want Cleveland.

Cool007
01-04-2010, 05:51 PM
We want Cleveland.

Not really, I rather play Hawks in the first round.

Slimsim
01-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Knicks have a slim Chance but if we do make the playoffs Would love to have the Hawks in the first Round.

Tha Truth
01-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Knicks have a slim Chance but if we do make the playoffs Would love to have the Hawks in the first Round.

I can understand why. Becausae of the recent win the Knicks picked up against Atlanta.

They will have to put a few pretty good win streaks together though to have that opportunity.

dev0
01-04-2010, 06:16 PM
i can see the raps dealing jose.....they been playing alot better without him.

i could also forsee this scenario. i believe they will try to make some sort of deal, in preparing for the playoffs.. believe in Colangelo to pull something off, he usually does

Reddd
01-04-2010, 06:37 PM
The Bobcats should def make it. At least the 6th seed.

Cubs Win
01-04-2010, 06:46 PM
If no trades occur, here's what I see happening:
5: Bulls/Raptors
6: Raptors/Bulls
7: Heat
8: Bobcats/Bucks

So I think the Knicks are a team that will need to make a deal for this year (not just salary dump) if they wanna make the playoffs. The Bulls and Raptors seem to have found their nitches recently and the Heat have been somewhat average for a playoff team which is why I see them getting passed up for the 5 and 6 seeds. They might also be benefited by a trade of some sort to try to hold off the Raptors and Bulls, perhaps for a PG or C (I'm not a huge fan of Joel Anthony).

bigsams50
01-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Cats will make the playoffs.

masalex1205
01-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Im glad everyone has confidence in the Bobcats, we def. sold our soul to make the playoffs this year when we got s. jackson (talking about his long term contract, not any character issues)

jsumadchat
01-04-2010, 07:52 PM
i could also forsee this scenario. i believe they will try to make some sort of deal, in preparing for the playoffs.. believe in Colangelo to pull something off, he usually does

if jose was to go, you better believe the raps would get gold in return. BC invested way too much in that guy and caught a lot for giving him a huge contract. the only way i see calderon being traded is to portland for a package consisting of andre miller + bayless / outlaw

C_Mund
01-04-2010, 08:35 PM
if jose was to go, you better believe the raps would get gold in return. BC invested way too much in that guy and caught a lot for giving him a huge contract. the only way i see calderon being traded is to portland for a package consisting of andre miller + bayless / outlaw

I could see Jose/Miller going down, but I don't know what we have that would make them want to give up on Bayless or Outlaw.

FlakeyFool
01-04-2010, 08:37 PM
I see the raps making a trade (not involving bosh) near the deadline. We need a SG badly

TheWatcher34
01-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Knicks will make the playoffs!!! Let's Go Knicks....

dtmagnet
01-04-2010, 08:46 PM
I see the raps making a trade (not involving bosh) near the deadline. We need a SG badly

Will Raja Bell be back by then?

DayDreamz
01-04-2010, 09:03 PM

Were good at the sg spot. We need a back-up for turk (Sf)

vash9
01-04-2010, 09:08 PM
The Nets aren't moving anywhere. HAHA

DayDreamz
01-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Im glad everyone has confidence in the Bobcats, we def. sold our soul to make the playoffs this year when we got s. jackson (talking about his long term contract, not any character issues)

I think bobcats are a really good team. Great Defensive minded team. And with s. jackson ...bobcats are gonna be a very scary team in the playoffs
" thats if they make it"

kingkenny01
01-04-2010, 09:11 PM
i hope the buck dont make it because they are going get sweep anyways id rather they got a good pick in the lottery and get wall or favors

DayDreamz
01-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Knicks will make the playoffs!!! Let's Go Knicks....

are you forgetting teams like chi-town....and bobcats...maybe even bucks. New York has to get rid of there coach or make some trades. Cause they got alot of talent on that team...and the coach doesn't seem like he knows how to balance the minutes

NYKnicks4511
01-04-2010, 09:36 PM
are you forgetting teams like chi-town....and bobcats...maybe even bucks. New York has to get rid of there coach or make some trades. Cause they got alot of talent on that team...and the coach doesn't seem like he knows how to balance the minutes

We're winning, and playing our core guys. All that matters really.

I see the Knicks getting in. 40 wins should be enough for a berth for us and going 26-22 the rest of the way is reasonable IMO.

I just hope we get a playoff spot to attract FA's, and so that the Knicks stop becoming the butt of all jokes ;P

Gibby
01-04-2010, 09:38 PM

i see raps making a deal but not a major one. jose's values has dropped since he signed that deal. also his contract is not ideal for a rebuilding team.

Eagles4Lyfe
01-04-2010, 09:39 PM
wow the bulls fans have made an appearance and are thinking there going to get the 5th seed :facepalm: please save yourselfs from embarassment again you still have the same coach who you all have been wanting to fire for sometime..But you can have the 5th seed if you really want it because i personally would not want to face the hawks more then any other team in the first round..

DayDreamz
01-04-2010, 09:54 PM
We're winning, and playing our core guys. All that matters really.

I see the Knicks getting in. 40 wins should be enough for a berth for us and going 26-22 the rest of the way is reasonable IMO.

I just hope we get a playoff spot to attract FA's, and so that the Knicks stop becoming the butt of all jokes ;P

i dunno about 40wins ...... but i can see them getting 33-37 wins.
They should really play nate thoo...that guy is a beast.

And don't worry about attracting free agents... you guys are getting Lebron James!!!!:clap:

DayDreamz
01-04-2010, 09:57 PM
wow the bulls fans have made an appearance and are thinking there going to get the 5th seed :facepalm: please save yourselfs from embarassment again you still have the same coach who you all have been wanting to fire for sometime..But you can have the 5th seed if you really want it because i personally would not want to face the hawks more then any other team in the first round..

:clap: i don't know why alot of ppl wanna face the hawks in the first round.

Hawks vs Bulls:facepalm:

Kakaroach
01-04-2010, 10:39 PM
I think the Heat and Raptors make it for sure. After that it will be whoever gets on a hot streak.