PDA

View Full Version : For the betterment of the League

ackar
01-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Okay David Stern said screw this free agent class of 2010 the leaguing is suffering we need to generate more interest and television and advertising revenue. So with that decision firmly in hand he mandates where each free agent would go in 2010. Say he then comes to you and says I need help where should player X go. where would you place these free agents for the betterment of the league with the aforementioned interest, television and advertising.

Does Lebron go to NYC
Bosh to ATL
Etc...

mikantsass
01-04-2010, 03:14 PM
LeBron to NYC
Bosh to NO
Wade to CHI
Dirk stays DAL
McGrady (if healthy) to Philly
Camby to NJ
Kobe stays LAL
Gay to BOS
Redd to HOU
Amare to MIL or IND
Manu to PHO
Boozer to CHI or NYC

I realize that some of these players potentially won't be FA's, but if things fall into a place where every star opts out this is what I think would bring the league revenue/ad $$$$ and bring some big names to both large and small market teams

Hellcrooner
01-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Wade to CLIPPERS

LEBROn to NEW YORK

STOUDAMIRE to CHICAGO

BOOZER to NEW YORK

BOSH to HOUSTON

bctgg27
01-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Lebron and Bosh to NY. It will happen. (i am not a Knicks fans either)

cheerio
01-04-2010, 05:02 PM
$ talks, that is the bottom line

Giantwarrior
01-04-2010, 05:08 PM
if he wants a better league, he get rid of about 4 teams in the nba. he should also get rid of the both conferences and let the top 16 teams go to the playoffs. ..

Tony_Starks
01-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Amare to ATL (with J Johnson staying)

Lebron to Miami (with D Wade staying)

Bosh, TMac to NY (with Nate and Lee staying)

Rudy Gaye to ChiTown. (which would probably be the sickest/ most exciting young team in the league!)

LanceUpperCut
01-04-2010, 05:15 PM
I love how no one includes one of the biggest cities in Toronto.

Hellcrooner
01-04-2010, 05:39 PM
^ sadly we are talking bout american players, and we all know how chauvinistic americans can be, and toronto is a few miles too up from u.s.a

bigsams50
01-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Lebron to New York
Wade to Boston
Kobe stays
Dirk Stays
Boozer to Chicago
Bosh to New Jersey
Amare to New York

ATX
01-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Amare to ATL (with J Johnson staying)

Lebron to Miami (with D Wade staying)

Bosh, TMac to NY (with Nate and Lee staying)

Rudy Gaye to ChiTown. (which would probably be the sickest/ most exciting young team in the league!)

Sounds good to me, lol.

JNA17
01-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Lebron to New York
Wade to Boston
Kobe stays
Dirk Stays
Boozer to Chicago
Bosh to New York
Amare to New York

new york hardly has enough cap to get one superstar lettle alone 3 :laugh:

Cubs Win
01-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Wade would arrive back home in the Chi! But that might happen anyway. :D

lorenz00
01-04-2010, 06:40 PM

i know eh. we see it on the post that were losing bosh and gaining nothing the nba in canada will drop if bosh gets nothing in return . :P

magichatnumber9
01-04-2010, 06:41 PM
If Boston got Rudy Gay i would be so happy

bigsams50
01-04-2010, 06:46 PM
new york hardly has enough cap to get one superstar lettle alone 3 :laugh:

whoops lol meant to put New Jersey

dev0
01-04-2010, 06:47 PM
LeBron to New York... after a little thought and a look at the other teams, he would bring them up the most. he'd be just HUGE and bring them right up to the top of the east. as other players flocked to his spotlight he'd have better help than ever also

Bosh to Chicago... assuming Rose continues to develop, Bosh is the perfect inside threat that the bulls have been missing. his consistent force down low would propel them to one of the top of the east

Wade to Cleveland... he would reteam with Shaq and we all know how that went the first time, and besides that a LeBron/ Wade team spells dynasty no matter how you look at it, there wouldn't be another team even close

Dirk to Toronto... assuming the raps are going to lose Bosh they need that role of their team filled and Dirk would complete the raps European Union and become the most truly international team ever, while their young talent develops a little

McGrady to New Orleans... if he is healthy and plays with a chip on his shoulder he would be better to start somewhere with a great point guard who can set him up like he has never had before, but who can spell him on the offensive load when his knees tire. he would also be that dynamic offensive force that the hornets have been missing.

Camby to Atlanta... already a great defensive team they could really have a great big-small center combo with horford and Camby. Camby is everything that horford is not and they would make up for each other's inefficiencies.

Kobe stays in Los Angeles...for the rest of his career... period.

Gay to Portland... a stable presence that the team could use, it would really fill out their starting five and keep the young core intact.

Redd to Utah... a solid three point shooter and scorer to replace Boozer when he leaves. a great wingman is something the jazz have been missing and he could really play off Deron Williams and come back to really strengthen the team

Amare to Detroit... those fans would love him, with him downlow with villanueva they would be one of the most mobile frontcourts in the league then if they deal hamilton or prince they still have gordon off the bench and some great developing young talent (stuckey), but he would really bring that swagger back to the team that they have been missing. they need that post presence in a Detroit team.

Manu stays in San Antonio... he's just part of their team, i can't see him elsewhere

Boozer to Orlando... think of the starting 5: Dwight, Boozer, Lewis, Carter, Jameer, and vevermind their incredible depth too. they'd be the class of the league

masalex1205
01-04-2010, 06:55 PM

yeah because stars in Toronto have worked out so well in the past

Tony_Starks
01-04-2010, 07:08 PM
I thought the purpose of this was to make the league competitive and fun? That being said why would you want to see Lebron in NY, outside of a movie deal with Spike? He'd be better off in Brooklyn than NY, competitive and commercial wise.....

dev0
01-04-2010, 07:10 PM
"as other players flocked to his spotlight he'd have better help than ever also"
trust me, he'd find some help

Tony_Starks
01-04-2010, 07:18 PM
LeBron to New York... after a little thought and a look at the other teams, he would bring them up the most. he'd be just HUGE and bring them right up to the top of the east. as other players flocked to his spotlight he'd have better help than ever also

Bosh to Chicago... assuming Rose continues to develop, Bosh is the perfect inside threat that the bulls have been missing. his consistent force down low would propel them to one of the top of the east

Wade to Cleveland... he would reteam with Shaq and we all know how that went the first time, and besides that a LeBron/ Wade team spells dynasty no matter how you look at it, there wouldn't be another team even close

Dirk to Toronto... assuming the raps are going to lose Bosh they need that role of their team filled and Dirk would complete the raps European Union and become the most truly international team ever, while their young talent develops a little

McGrady to New Orleans... if he is healthy and plays with a chip on his shoulder he would be better to start somewhere with a great point guard who can set him up like he has never had before, but who can spell him on the offensive load when his knees tire. he would also be that dynamic offensive force that the hornets have been missing.

Camby to Atlanta... already a great defensive team they could really have a great big-small center combo with horford and Camby. Camby is everything that horford is not and they would make up for each other's inefficiencies.

Kobe stays in Los Angeles...for the rest of his career... period.

Gay to Portland... a stable presence that the team could use, it would really fill out their starting five and keep the young core intact.

Redd to Utah... a solid three point shooter and scorer to replace Boozer when he leaves. a great wingman is something the jazz have been missing and he could really play off Deron Williams and come back to really strengthen the team

Amare to Detroit... those fans would love him, with him downlow with villanueva they would be one of the most mobile frontcourts in the league then if they deal hamilton or prince they still have gordon off the bench and some great developing young talent (stuckey), but he would really bring that swagger back to the team that they have been missing. they need that post presence in a Detroit team.

Manu stays in San Antonio... he's just part of their team, i can't see him elsewhere

Boozer to Orlando... think of the starting 5: Dwight, Boozer, Lewis, Carter, Jameer, and vevermind their incredible depth too. they'd be the class of the league

I forgot about Booze to Orlando... That would be trouble for the rest of the league! Props!

TheWatcher34
01-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Lebron to New York
Wade to Boston
Kobe stays
Dirk Stays
Boozer to Chicago
Bosh to New Jersey
Amare to New York

i dont think so...with rondo's contract $ starting to kick in next year, Pierce prolly will sign an extension, they have to pay Garnett's sum and depending on RayRay's decision (which i think is he will stay)..where on earth is there cap space available to afford a near max contract for Wade?
or he will sacrifice his 9 digit bank account for winning....ehm no.

TheWatcher34
01-04-2010, 07:46 PM
if Wade doesnt stay in Miami (in case they dont manage to surround him with enough talent to become top in the east and in order for them to have a sell out crowd) i see him team up with Boozer in Chicago.

MetsNats1969
01-04-2010, 08:34 PM
This is why I stopped following the NBA many years ago. You are all probably spot on in your respective analyses -- I don't watch to know one way or the other.

But I honestly believe that this conversation IS taking place in some form -- perhaps even overtly -- in NBA headquarters. And the owners are OK with it and the agents are OK with it. And the fans will be expected to take what is handed them and like it.

Again, I am a basketball fan, but an NBA hater. I am biased against the league management, the players attitudes (i.e. Arenas in DC -- IN THE ARENA -- with guns and making a joke about it), and the TV being rammed down the throat. College ball has its problems -- many problems. But those problems are gone in 1, 2, or 4 year cycles when players leave, graduate or whatever, and March Madness is still fun.

vash9
01-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Lebron to Jersey/Brooklyn!

i'd be content. wouldn't care about any other FA. haha.

_KB24_
01-04-2010, 09:42 PM

No American born player would want to live in Toronto & on a LOSING team. The job description doesn't seem attractive. Sad, but true.

RadiantShot
01-04-2010, 09:53 PM
I hate how David is so concerned with big-market cities..It's ridiculous, some teams will never be great teams because of things like this, and David wanting good players, on greatly marketed teams.