PDA

View Full Version : Utah Trading? Who's Interested?

Lo Porto
01-04-2010, 12:24 PM
According to a report by the Deseret news, Jazz GM Kevin O'Connor said that Utah has looked into trade possibilities and might make a deal as soon as Tuesday. Here is the article: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705356006/Jazz-searching-for-energy.html?pg=2 As you NBA fans know, the Jazz have lots of talent but no chemistry causing them to constantly lose on the road and in close games. I assume the following players could be had if the price is right:

Boozer (expiring star PF)
AK47 (allpurpose SF/PF with one big year left on his contract)
Okur (best shooting big in the NBA with 3 affordable years left on his contract)
CJ Miles (affordable young wing)
Brewer (athletic young wing who will be a restricted FA this summer)
Fesenko (expiring young promising center)
Korver (expiring sharp shooter)
The Jazz also own the Knicks 2010 1st which could be used to sweeten a deal.

Who interests you for your team? What would you give up for any one or combination of those players? Please only respond with ideas in the world of reality please...

thephoenixson28
01-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Boozer for J-rich straight up. Utah desperatly needs a 2 guard that creates his own shot and can play alongside D-will. The problem with J-rich is he don't play defense or is incosistent. Maybe a change will be best for both teams.

dolfan720
01-04-2010, 12:35 PM
bozzer for t-mac

sep11ie
01-04-2010, 12:42 PM
^ no thanks!

TheWatcher34
01-04-2010, 12:42 PM
bozzer for t-mac

i would hate to see T-Mac in Jazz uniform...

king4day
01-04-2010, 12:49 PM
J-Rich for Boozer would actually make sense. Richardson has one more year left on his deal. Having a scoring SG might help the Jazz spread the load better.
It'd allow Milsap to be more of a bigman focal point.

Lo Porto
01-04-2010, 12:49 PM
One thing I forgot to mention - the Jazz won't want any long term contracts unless that player is worth it. So something like JRich for Boozer isn't realistic. Now Okur (long term contract but a big who might fit that Suns running style) for JRich (athletic wing on a shorter contract who can create his own shot) makes a lot more sense.

JOSKOMANG4
01-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Bulls & Jazz Trade!! Bulls currently on a 4game winning streak looking to boost up their roster; the acquisition of PF would be key for not only this season, but also in the near future. Boozer is some1 who they targeted this past offseason.

- Bulls acquire PF Carlos Boozer from Jazz in exchange for PF Tyrus Thomas, contract of Jerome James, and 2010 2nd rd pick.

Bulls Lineup:

C) J.Noah/B.Miller/A.Gray
PF) C.Boozer/T.Gibson
SF) L.Deng/J.Johnson
SG) J.Salmons/J.Pargo/L.Hunter
PG) D.Rose/K.Hinrich

2) Rockets & Jazz deal

- Rockets acquire PF/SF AK47 & SG Kyle Korver from the Jazz in exchanged for SF/SG Tracy Mcgrady & 2010 2nd rd pick(from Bulls)

Rockets lineup:

C) Luis Scola/D.Anderson/C.Hayes
PF) AK47/J.Dorsey/B.Cook
SF)T.Ariza/K.Korver/C.Budinger
SG)S.Battier/J.Taylor
PG)A.Brooks/K.Lowry

Overall Jazz Outlook:

C) M.Okur/K.Koufus/K.Fesenko
PF)P.Millsap/T.Thomas
SF)R.Brewer/CJ Miles
SG) T.Mcgrady/W.Matthews
PG) D.Williams/R.Price

Lo Porto
01-04-2010, 01:09 PM
I 'm okay with total idea, but I think the Jazz would rather have Scola than Tyrus. Complicated 3 team deal?:

Rockets get AK, Korver and Tyrus
Bulls get Boozer
Jazz get TMac, Scola, James and draft considerations from both the Rockets and Bulls
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yfoyh2u

The Bulls come out like bandits in this deal. The Jazz lose a lot of talent, but save a ton of money for next year. The Rockets add 3 good players to an already very promising roster for only losing Scola really. As a Jazz fan, I'm holding out hope that Utah can trade Okur or AK so Booz could be retained, but I'm also realistic enough to know that Boozer still might leave even if the Jazz had a max contract on the table. I still think Utah can get better for Boozer...

jimbobjarree
01-04-2010, 02:08 PM
lol tyrus for Boozer is so stupid, Tyrus and Boozer are both expirings, why would we straight downgrade like that? No to JRich, IMO he's overated, and his contract is ugly, dont want it for an expiring contract.

a few ideas. Washington have said that they have spoken to every team in the league about their players, maybe something between us and them? Or, with Butler rumored to be moving to Chicago and him being an SF, maybe that makes Deng available to free up the cap lost on the Butler trade. NOH and Houston also look interested in dealing, so maybe its between us and those 2 who knows.

JordansBulls
01-04-2010, 02:13 PM
According to a report by the Deseret news, Jazz GM Kevin O'Connor said that Utah has looked into trade possibilities and might make a deal as soon as Tuesday. Here is the article: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705356006/Jazz-searching-for-energy.html?pg=2 As you NBA fans know, the Jazz have lots of talent but no chemistry causing them to constantly lose on the road and in close games. I assume the following players could be had if the price is right:

Okur (best shooting big in the NBA with 3 affordable years left on his contract)

Who interests you for your team? What would you give up for any one or combination of those players? Please only respond with ideas in the world of reality please...

Bulls trade Tyrus Thomas, Jerome James for Carlos Boozer

JordansBulls
01-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Bulls & Jazz Trade!! Bulls currently on a 4game winning streak looking to boost up their roster; the acquisition of PF would be key for not only this season, but also in the near future. Boozer is some1 who they targeted this past offseason.

- Bulls acquire PF Carlos Boozer from Jazz in exchange for PF Tyrus Thomas, contract of Jerome James, and 2010 2nd rd pick.

Bulls Lineup:

C) J.Noah/B.Miller/A.Gray
PF) C.Boozer/T.Gibson
SF) L.Deng/J.Johnson
SG) J.Salmons/J.Pargo/L.Hunter
PG) D.Rose/K.Hinrich

2) Rockets & Jazz deal

- Rockets acquire PF/SF AK47 & SG Kyle Korver from the Jazz in exchanged for SF/SG Tracy Mcgrady & 2010 2nd rd pick(from Bulls)

Rockets lineup:

C) Luis Scola/D.Anderson/C.Hayes
PF) AK47/J.Dorsey/B.Cook
SF)T.Ariza/K.Korver/C.Budinger
SG)S.Battier/J.Taylor
PG)A.Brooks/K.Lowry

Overall Jazz Outlook:

C) M.Okur/K.Koufus/K.Fesenko
PF)P.Millsap/T.Thomas
SF)R.Brewer/CJ Miles
SG) T.Mcgrady/W.Matthews
PG) D.Williams/R.Price

Not bad. Mcgrady on the Jazz makes them title contenders.

Lo Porto
01-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Off of Houston, Washington and New Orleans, I'd like to target TMac's expiring, Scola, Butler, and/or Okafor. I really don't think using Boozer to get any of those would be required. A trade using a combination of Okur, AK, Korver and the Knicks pick should get any of those done while keeping the core of Deron and Boozer in place.

sep11ie
01-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Rockets DO NOT WANT AK, he sux!

D1JM
01-04-2010, 02:25 PM
what about deng for boozer? Sloan wanted deng

VCaintdead17
01-04-2010, 02:40 PM

No. No it doesn't.

D1JM
01-04-2010, 02:43 PM
No. No it doesn't.

Tmac doesnt make them title contenders. It makes them even worser in transition defense, which is the reason that Sloan wants a trade.

mikantsass
01-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Bulls trade Tyrus Thomas, Jerome James for Carlos Boozer

Isnt Thomas a free agent after this year? Why would the Jazz want Thomas for 1/2 a year. Thats a huge downgrade from Boozer...

jazzman86
01-04-2010, 03:10 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ykjtykw

Three team trade: Jazz, Bulls and Rockets

Jazz Get: Deng, McGrady, Tyrus and Scola
Jazz Lose: Boozer, Okur, CJ and AK

D-Will, Price
McGrady, Korver, Matthews
Deng, Brewer
Millsap, Tyrus
Scola, Fes, Koufus

Rockets Get: AK and Okur
Rockets Lose: McGrady and Scola

Brooks, Lowry
Battier, Ariza
Ariza, AK, Budinger
Landry, AK, Cook
Okur, Hayes, Anderson

Bulls Get: Boozer and CJ
Bulls Lose: Tyrus and Deng

Rose, Hinrich, Pargo
Salmons, Hinrich, Pargo
CJ, Johnson
Boozer, Gibson
Noah, Miller

thrilla11
01-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Camby for Jazz first round pick (New York)

cheetos185
01-04-2010, 04:12 PM
eddy curry jeffries for boozer korver knicks pick plus a bag of cheetos :D

Lakerfrk
01-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Lakers --- Morrison for Miles... if the jazz want an expiring..

BkOriginalOne
01-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Tmac for AK47, Harpring, CJ miles

Lo Porto
01-04-2010, 04:31 PM
what about deng for boozer? Sloan wanted deng

I absolutely love the idea of Deng in Utah, but we can't afford to pay AK and Deng next year. If Houston would take something like AK and Korver for TMac, then I could see Utah trading Boozer for Deng and something extra. I do think that Chicago would have to give up more than Deng for Boozer. Deng is good, but he's not a star and makes a ton. Boozer is a star that Chicago would have Bird rights on.

thephoenixson28
01-04-2010, 04:31 PM
How about this 3 way trade

Suns trade- Jrich,Lopez

Suns receive- Devin Brown,Boozer

Hornets trade- David west,Devin Brown

Receive-Jrich,Lopez

Utah trades- Boozer

Utah recieves- David West

Lo Porto
01-04-2010, 04:45 PM
I don't think New Orleans would go for that. They're trying to dump salaries for this year and next. Getting JRich and Lopez for Brown and West don't help that at all. It might make them a little better, but it puts them deeper in debt.

VCaintdead17
01-04-2010, 04:54 PM
How about this 3 way trade

Suns trade- Jrich,Lopez

Suns receive- Devin Brown,Boozer

Hornets trade- David west,Devin Brown

Receive-Jrich,Lopez

Utah trades- Boozer

Utah recieves- David West

Why would Utah do that? Boozer is better than West and doesn't have a **** contract.

thephoenixson28
01-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Why would Utah do that? Boozer is better than West and doesn't have a **** contract. Boozer is not that better than west. You might be talking about Okeafor cuz David west contract aint even bad. He makes 9 mill this year 8 mill next year and 7 mill the year after that. Boozer makes 12 mill this year and expires. West will produce not to mention he is insurance policy if boozer decides to leave. Which I think he will. But whatever if you don't like the trade that's fine its not like its going to happen.

Lo Porto
01-04-2010, 05:11 PM
I'd have to think long and hard about West for Boozer. West isn't as good, but he does a lot of the same things at a much lower cost. Combine West with Millsap, and Utah still is very strong at PF.

Would NO take Okur for Okafor? Okafor has two more years on his contract than Okur, and Okur makes less per year. Since NO is more uptempo, Okur might excel more in that system than in Utah's slowdown. The trade works straight up and NO would actually save a good amount of money for this year ($3 million if you include salaries & luxury).

Chateamsfan
01-04-2010, 05:13 PM
How bout PG D.J. Augustin, PF, Boris Diaw, C Gana Diop for PF Carlos Boozer and PG Ronnie Price!!!

dwadefan03
01-04-2010, 05:14 PM

sorry but that title belongs to a guy named dirk nowitzki.

and as for the jazz trading iwouldnt mind having boozer since he really wants to come down here. i dont know what we would give up though

Lo Porto
01-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Okur shot the 3 better than any PF or C last season. Of course he's not as good as Dirk, but the stats don't lie when it comes to shooting the 3. Okur shot 44.6% from three last year. Dirk shot 35.9% last year. Those are pretty amazing stats for a 7 footer.

JasonJohnHorn
01-04-2010, 05:33 PM
The Jazz should be pushing hard to move Boozer and AK47, but I like how they've been laid back and waited on offers. Too often teams get desperate and end up getting next to nothing for their talent. The Jazz are playing it smart. Giving up that pick they got from NY would be silly though. That's going to be a fairly high pick and if Utah moves Boozer, they should try to get some young/cheap talent. Anybody whose willing to send a couple high draft picks for AK47 (not that that is likely) should get him. As for Boozer, if the Jazz can pry away a #pick from a team like NJ, Minnesota or Washington, then it would be a pretty good idea to do that. Even if they don't get much else back in return outside of a pick. But I can't see any of those teams being interested in Boozer. Beasley for Boozer sounds good to me, but aparently Miami isn't interested in that and that would mean less minutes for Milsap.

The Jazz may have to trade big for small, but a priemire shooting guard would be a great addition to the Jazz.

Lo Porto
01-04-2010, 06:54 PM
AK, Nate, M.Landry and NY cash to Houston
TMac to the Knicks
Jeffries and Mobley to the Jazz

Win for everybody right?

sep11ie
01-04-2010, 07:20 PM
^ No Houston gains one of the worst contracts in the NBA, who's M Landry?

Vinny642
01-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Jazz might try to get Peterson and Armstrong, I would be so happy.

arkanian215
01-04-2010, 08:20 PM

too late, can't change your post.

runforrestrunx9
01-04-2010, 08:31 PM
thad, lou, and kapono for the knicks 1st and AK???

FlakeyFool
01-04-2010, 08:35 PM
I want fesenko

dwadefan03
01-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Okur shot the 3 better than any PF or C last season. Of course he's not as good as Dirk, but the stats don't lie when it comes to shooting the 3. Okur shot 44.6% from three last year. Dirk shot 35.9% last year. Those are pretty amazing stats for a 7 footer.

true but i still think dirk is better. okur shot alot more 3s then him and dirk hasnt really been taking as many 3s as he used to

vash9
01-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Carlos Boozer for anyone on the Nets other than Harris, CDR, Lee, and Lopez.

LOL.

kingkenny01
01-04-2010, 09:14 PM
id like booz but for one year no

tr3ymill3r
01-04-2010, 09:24 PM
If the Jazz are making trades they better get someone who is going to intrigue Deron Williams in wanting to stay once he becomes a FA otherwise he's going to leave too. With all of the crazy trades posted above, I don't see any reason why he'd want to stay.

theBraveRocket
01-04-2010, 09:40 PM
^ No Houston gains one of the worst contracts in the NBA, who's M Landry?

Marcus Landry, Carl's brother

bchissie
01-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Okur, Boozer, plus one more for Randolph and Biedrins

_KB24_
I like the T-mac for Boozer swap.

robbnen#31
Would the Jazz have any interest in swapping Maggette + expirings (Claxton and George) for AK?

Yes, Maggette's contract is longer, but it is much cheaper per year than AK.. Not to mention he is playing some of his best basketball right now, and gives the Jazz another scoring threat that they need.
AK gives the warriors something called Defense, it isn't in Don Nelson's vocabulary, but he would still help.

Kakaroach
01-04-2010, 10:49 PM
T-Mac for Boozer is just crazy, Boozer has been balling this season and is worth more than T-Mac's expiring contract.

A deal around AK-47 is much more likely. Makes the salaries easier to match as well.

JohnnyStew28
01-04-2010, 11:10 PM
j-rich and channing frye n a 2nd rd pick for carlos boozer and roney brewer

JPHX
01-04-2010, 11:14 PM
j-rich and channing frye n a 2nd rd pick for carlos boozer and roney brewer

no. but a three way with phoenix and the clippers work

perhaps a deal where camby goes to utah, j-rich goes to LA, boozer to phoenix. add fillers to make the deal work

Jvu
01-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Boozer for anyone on the Rockets Roster except for the following.. AB, Lowry, Budinger, Tmac, Landry, Scola, Ariza, Battier. XD

Verbal Christ
01-04-2010, 11:39 PM
jazz fan still holding onto a year old homegrown article about the rockets wanting AK?you do know that doing/saying the same things over and over expecting different results/answers is like the definition of crazy right?