PDA

View Full Version : What do u think about NY knicks coach Mike D'Antoni??

paugasol1
01-04-2010, 09:08 AM
Delete thread. Fraudulent account.

Trouble87
01-04-2010, 09:42 AM
horrible poll choices

this is officially the worst poll of the year

paugasol1
01-04-2010, 09:44 AM
mods, please delete this thread and account. It's a spammer that used my email address to signup. You really should do email confirmations on new accounts.

Paris Bulls
01-04-2010, 09:47 AM
i think he is doing a bad job and playing all these silly games with hus players because he is mad that he passed on that coaching job for the Bulls. who agrees?

B.JenningsMVP
01-04-2010, 09:47 AM
i voted for all of em

kurivaimu
01-04-2010, 10:05 AM
I thought he was a good coach when he was in Phoneix.
But now i think hes a control freak, has some issues, and is a very bad communicator with players.

Also i cant understand why he didnt play Nate for 14 games

Giaps
01-04-2010, 10:53 AM
I thought he was a good coach when he was in Phoneix.
But now i think hes a control freak, has some issues, and is a very bad communicator with players.

Also i cant understand why he didnt play Nate for 14 games
Because they started winning for the first time this season.

DieHardColtsfan
01-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Good coach,

We shall wait and see next year :)

Tony_Starks
01-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Overrated Coach/ Blame Shifter/ Pompous *******.

lakerboy
01-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Good coach, but a big douche.

I remember the days when Phoenix used to bully us. Never liked him.

Yankee Lifer
01-04-2010, 02:30 PM
I think he's doing great with a team that doesnt have much at all, if anything. I think he will look a lot better with a star player.

kambion
01-04-2010, 03:07 PM
his teams are fun to watch… he puts butts in seats, the players like him, he can teach and he has a philosophy on how to play, good coach

Pierzynski4Prez
01-04-2010, 03:19 PM
he is a players coach, but will NEVER win a title unless he changes his style.

Chronz
01-04-2010, 03:31 PM
underrated defensively

Pierzynski4Prez
01-04-2010, 03:32 PM
underrated defensively

Isn't that the exact opposite of what your sig says?

Edit: nevermind dude, didn't read that you meant it as a flawed Cliche, my bad, I disagree, but whatever

colinskik
01-04-2010, 03:48 PM
he is a players coach, but will NEVER win a title unless he changes his style.
I love that people just go with the assumed notion without ever trying to formulate their own opinion based on research (i.e. watching a D'Antoni run team), because if you have seen any Knicks game recently, the whole reason they are having some mild success is because of their defensive mindset that D'Antoni made clear would be a focus point this year.

SEXYYAMIL
01-04-2010, 04:23 PM
It's my personal opinion, that he is doing a fine job. Because we have no players...1- we don't have a true point guard. 2- we don't have a pure shooter. 3- we don't have a center 4- we don't have a superstar. We only have good intentions and a god coach, who is trying to develop young players and bad contracts.. Walsh is doing a very good job too.. So if you know the game you know i'm telling you the true.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-04-2010, 04:46 PM
I love that people just go with the assumed notion without ever trying to formulate their own opinion based on research (i.e. watching a D'Antoni run team), because if you have seen any Knicks game recently, the whole reason they are having some mild success is because of their defensive mindset that D'Antoni made clear would be a focus point this year.

I don't know what their average opponent ppg is during that streak, I do know that it is 103 for the season, which is hardly anything to brag about. They just need to be consistent now.

He is smart for changing his focus if he has like you say, but you can't argue that in years past, defense has been his focal point. You guys gave up 108 a game last year. Easily one of the worst in the league. And if he hadn't learned by now that he needs to preach defense to his players, he shouldn't be coaching in the NBA.

DayDreamz
01-04-2010, 04:51 PM
i think he';s a bad coach....he doesn't know how 2 use his players

Romo2Bryant
01-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Good Coach.

But I think Knicks are not the right FIT.

Jacob K.
01-04-2010, 04:56 PM
i think he deserves nashs MVPS. nash is a great player, but he was given so much freedom in the D'antoni system. i dont think he gets those trophies without D'antoni

Pierzynski4Prez
01-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Good Coach.

But I think Knicks are not the right FIT.

I don't think there is a better fit for a player-coach tandem than Nash and D'Antoni

cRaTeR
01-04-2010, 05:01 PM
WORST COACH IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA. :puke: :mad: :jumpy: :bang:

Tony_Starks
01-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Im curious what peoples definition of a good coach is? For example Phil Jackson took a Laker team that was horrid/missed the playoffs the year before and got them to the playoffs 2 years straight with Kobe, Smush, and Kwame Brown. AND thats in the West.

This dude has a talented team and he's scraping the bottom of the barrel in the East. The EAST! The same division where a sub .500 team gets the 8th spot. Not to mention the numerous player run ins in the past. Come on!

cRaTeR
01-04-2010, 05:07 PM
I don't think there is a better fit for a player-coach tandem than Nash and D'Antoni

What about Kidd and Scott?
What about Paul and Scott?

JasonJohnHorn
01-04-2010, 05:08 PM
I can't say I'm a big fan. I know he got a lot of credit for what was going on in Phoenix, and though I don't doubt he was a big reason for the team's success, he clearly wasn't the only reason as that team now, even without as many starts as Big "D" had, is playing at about the same win pace as Mike D, indicating to me that it is more about Nash and the chemistry he has with the players around him.

Last season I chalked up the Marbury communication issues to Marbury/communication issues. Clearly this is something that is a pattern with Mike D. Nate Robinson is having issues, and Larry Hughes. I remember Hughes getting benched in Cleveland and Chi-town and he never attacked a coach before (even if he's privately asked for a trade). I know NY doesn't have the best back court, but they have some guys that can play (like Hughes and Robinson) and their best scorer (Harrington) gets moved from bench to starting line-up. Mike D seems to, if I may use Hughes' own word play "head games" and its not helping matter in New York. I know its not fair to expect him to whip out a 50+ win season with the roster he has, but the team just isn't consistent. Blow-outs, losing skids, winning skids. I'm pretty sure just about any coach can win a lot of games with: Nash, Amare, Marion, Johnson and Richardson in the starting line-up, but only a skilled coach cna really win games with an average team. Doc Rivers managed to do that in Orlando his first season there, and many other coaches have been able to get the most out of avaerage teams (Nate McMillan did it in Seatle and Adleman is doing it in Houston). Mike D isn't the worst coach, but he's not doing all he can with the talent he has.

cRaTeR
01-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Im curious what peoples definition of a good coach is? For example Phil Jackson took a Laker team that was horrid/missed the playoffs the year before and got them to the playoffs 2 years straight with Kobe, Smush, and Kwame Brown. AND thats in the West.

This dude has a talented team and he's scraping the bottom of the barrel in the East. The EAST! The same division where a sub .500 team gets the 8th spot. Not to mention the numerous player run ins in the past. Come on!

Clueless people rule this world my friend.
Glad we can see the truth.

sintaks12
01-04-2010, 05:10 PM
I can't say I'm a big fan. I know he got a lot of credit for what was going on in Phoenix, and though I don't doubt he was a big reason for the team's success, he clearly wasn't the only reason as that team now, even without as many starts as Big "D" had, is playing at about the same win pace as Mike D, indicating to me that it is more about Nash and the chemistry he has with the players around him.

Last season I chalked up the Marbury communication issues to Marbury/communication issues. Clearly this is something that is a pattern with Mike D. Nate Robinson is having issues, and Larry Hughes. I remember Hughes getting benched in Cleveland and Chi-town and he never attacked a coach before (even if he's privately asked for a trade). I know NY doesn't have the best back court, but they have some guys that can play (like Hughes and Robinson) and their best scorer (Harrington) gets moved from bench to starting line-up. Mike D seems to, if I may use Hughes' own word play "head games" and its not helping matter in New York. I know its not fair to expect him to whip out a 50+ win season with the roster he has, but the team just isn't consistent. Blow-outs, losing skids, winning skids. I'm pretty sure just about any coach can win a lot of games with: Nash, Amare, Marion, Johnson and Richardson in the starting line-up, but only a skilled coach cna really win games with an average team. Doc Rivers managed to do that in Orlando his first season there, and many other coaches have been able to get the most out of avaerage teams (Nate McMillan did it in Seatle and Adleman is doing it in Houston). Mike D isn't the worst coach, but he's not doing all he can with the talent he has.

Or maybe that Gentry runs Dantoni's offense to a T.

cRaTeR
01-04-2010, 05:13 PM

Reason and sound judgement is a at a premium these days, but you possess both.
I'd also add Jerry Sloan to your list.

Chronz
01-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Or maybe that Gentry runs Dantoni's offense to a T.

Just like Don Nelson ran his Nash led offense to a T

Nash is so lucky to be surrounded by geniuses

Tony_Starks
01-04-2010, 07:14 PM
George Karl is a good coach

Nate McMillan is a good coach

Scott Skiles is a good coach

Rick Aldeman is a good coach.....

Any team these guys put on the floor is competitive and playoff bound. Mike is not one of these. He's had his chance to prove it, but he's not.

JnasD
01-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Coach of the year if The Knicks make the playoffs.

Kakaroach
01-04-2010, 09:06 PM
He's the best at coaching that type of system of up and down basketball.

phoenix_bladen
01-05-2010, 01:52 AM
i think mike d is a pretty good coach

he's making the knicks competitive

who the hell has been able to do this the past 8 years?

Giaps
01-05-2010, 01:59 AM
George Karl is a good coach

Nate McMillan is a good coach

Scott Skiles is a good coach

Rick Aldeman is a good coach.....

Any team these guys put on the floor is competitive and playoff bound. Mike is not one of these. He's had his chance to prove it, but he's not.
Aside from Rick Adelman, all of these teams have stars to lead the team... the Knicks are a collection of good players but no star or leader... you make it sound like the Knicks are a 45 win team under another coach. Give me a break...