PDA

View Full Version : Allen Iverson's first month as a sixer

BkOriginalOne
01-04-2010, 02:21 AM
He struggled the first couple of games, but has since found a comfort zone and is playing decently well within the system.

What are your thought's on his first month back in a Sixers' Uni.

In 9 Games:
15.7ppg 4.7apg 3.4rpg 1.0spg
.436 FG .333 from 3. .850 FT
33.2mpg

How is he doing and where do you see his numbers going from here.
UP, DOWN, or SAME
If up or down state the change.

By All star break
UP, slightly.
19-20ppg 6apg, 4rpg 1.8spg

kblo247
01-04-2010, 02:54 AM
I gave up on the shtg percentage years ago but I would say

17ppg 7apg 3rpg 2spg 2tos @ 42%

RaptorizedKevin
01-04-2010, 02:58 AM
why isnt this in the sixers forum? does it really concern all of the NBA?

Gators123
01-04-2010, 02:59 AM
I think he will get around 17 and 6.

Many people on this site thought he would average 25-30 PPG

LakersIn5
01-04-2010, 03:05 AM
i would have to say UP to atleast 18 ppg and 6 apg. the most important thing is the sixers are winning more with AI. 4-5 with AI. 2 of the losses were close. but for the sixers to really win alot. AI needs to SHOOT! take away willie green's shots! 11 shots per game isnt AI like...

Chronz
01-04-2010, 03:25 AM
Hes playing great ball, hes better than Monta Ellis.

stawka
01-04-2010, 03:57 AM
why isnt this in the sixers forum? does it really concern all of the NBA?

Yes it concerns the rest of the NBA because he's a HOF'er who went through a rough stretch, and now he is at a place he calls home and NBA fans like ourselves, and other players should appreciate that and be grateful he's happy.

Anyway, I would have to agree with kblo247's numbers

SeoulBeatz
01-04-2010, 03:59 AM
not to mention the sixers are 4-5 with him, (way better winning % than without him). currently 3-1 in their last 4 all on the road against western conference teams.

most of the people in the sixers forum want us to tank but he has proven that he can change his game. He also has the 2nd highest +/- on the team in the games he has played.

he has been nothing but a good thing for this team, but he may be taking us further away from the lottery. whatever though, i love seeing him in a sixers uni again.

he rarely iso's anymore and lets the offense come to him. he's doing nothing wrong, too bad the sixers are irrelevant and no one will take notice that the guy has changed and hasnt caused a fuss.

way to go a.i

marlinsfan24
01-04-2010, 12:00 PM
I knew if he had a chance he'd play decent. He would have been a great pickup by the Heat, but they obviously failed in that aspect.

ntat
01-04-2010, 12:25 PM
I think he will get around 17 and 6.

Many people on this site thought he would average 25-30 PPG

i thought he would to. mostly because i thought he would have tried to average 30 by any means necassary. cuz he has proven that before.

Mr.SmackYoMama
01-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Hes playing great ball, hes better than Monta Ellis.

:facepalm: FAIL

TheWatcher34
01-04-2010, 12:46 PM
yea A.I. s been decent, but there are slim chances of making the playoffs unless some players drasticly step up on their team...

EdGein812
01-04-2010, 01:14 PM
He's there because Philly is more interested in selling tickets than winning. They have every reason to try and make him work and to cater to his every need. Lou Williams is much better. They've currently won a few more than they've lost but let's wait and take a look after the season. I have a feeling this is as good as it's going to get.

SeoulBeatz
01-04-2010, 01:44 PM
He's there because Philly is more interested in selling tickets than winning. They have every reason to try and make him work and to cater to his every need. Lou Williams is much better. They've currently won a few more than they've lost but let's wait and take a look after the season. I have a feeling this is as good as it's going to get.

watch some sixers games, he really has changed.

so many people base what they think of a.i now on his past perceptions but he has been nothing but a positive for this team.

And for your information Lou and A.I have been starting together and both have been putting up pretty good numbers along with a higher winning percentage than without A.I

of course i dont expect u to watch such a terrible team, but if u did you would see that he is letting the offense come to him and is really fitting in.

his minutes are lower than theyve ever been and he is playing very efficiently.

to say he's the "same old a.i" is just ignorant at this point unless you've actually been watching the games, which i know u havent.

he HAS changed.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Philly is only 4 games outta 8th place... they can do it...

cheerio
01-04-2010, 03:28 PM
I think he will stay the same

SteveNash
01-04-2010, 07:21 PM
They should get rid of him so they can start going on a run just like Memphis did.

Raph12
01-05-2010, 01:31 AM
He's playing within himself and looks great, this team could shock the world come playoffs.

RocketsRule
01-05-2010, 01:37 AM
Iverson has played great basketball, not forcing things and scoring only when needed. The most impressive thing though, is that they are finally starting to click, winning 3 of there last 4 games. They weren't against any slouches either, beating both the Nuggets and the Blazers. Don't count them out for the playoffs just yet.

Tha Truth
01-05-2010, 01:41 AM
He's playing within himself and looks great, this team could shock the world come playoffs.

Do you really think the Sixers are going to make the playoffs?

I'm not saying they can't, they're only 4.5 games back but I personally don't think they will make the playoffs.

With that being said if they are going to make the playoffs they are going to have to put some win streak together starting with this next stretch of games.

vs Washington
vs Toronto
@ Detroit
vs New Orleans
vs New York
vs Sacramento
@ Minnesota

The next seven games for Philly are not against any elite teams and five of the seven are at home. So if they want to make the playoffs I would say they would need to win no less then 4 of these games, probably even 5.

BkOriginalOne
01-05-2010, 02:01 AM
Do you really think the Sixers are going to make the playoffs?

I'm not saying they can't, they're only 4.5 games back but I personally don't think they will make the playoffs.

With that being said if they are going to make the playoffs they are going to have to put some win streak together starting with this next stretch of games.

vs Washington
vs Toronto
@ Detroit
vs New Orleans
vs New York
vs Sacramento
@ Minnesota

The next seven games for Philly are not against any elite teams and five of the seven are at home. So if they want to make the playoffs I would say they would need to win no less then 4 of these games, probably even 5.

I was going to look up what their schedule was, but decided to read the rest of the posts, good thing.

I think Phili has a chance for the simple fact that their athletic, talented, young but led with vets (AI, Brand), decent coach in Jordan and that schedule looks good.
I hope they go 5-2, more likely 4-3
As long as they beat all the east teams, this is going to be a good trip

Raph12
01-05-2010, 02:24 AM
I think they will make the playoffs and make life difficult in the first round for one of the Big 3 teams in the East.