PDA

View Full Version : Who is the wackiest announcer in the NBA?

cRaTeR
01-03-2010, 03:49 PM
I heard the Bucks announcer,
Dude sounds like a cartoon character.

Who do you feel says the most wacky, dumb, nonsensical stuff in the NBA?
Who if your favorite?
Who can't you stand?

My favorite is Clyde Frazier.
My hated is Mike Breen.

NYKnickFanatic
01-03-2010, 03:52 PM
My name is Al Harrington and I get buckets! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poWDJdcAbX4)

Gotta love Gus Johson!

NYKnickFanatic
01-03-2010, 03:54 PM
And I cant stand Al Trautwig when he does it for the Knicks, dude is such an idiot.

Cant even get the players names right for the team he works for.

Corey
01-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Everyone that isn't a Celtics fan hates Tommy Heinsohn because he's a very big homer.

xabial
01-03-2010, 03:59 PM
My name is Al Harrington and I get buckets! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poWDJdcAbX4)

Gotta love Gus Johson!

Im a knicks fan but that is extremelly hysterical :laugh: :laugh2: :laugh:
My new favorite announcer

Cubsfan365
01-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Stacey King is pretty funny for the Bulls

chisox721
01-03-2010, 04:15 PM
I have the NBA package and I must say Heinsohn gets on my nerves, but I cant say much because he is no different then Ken Harrelson for the White Sox. Stacey King (Bulls color guy) cracks me up. The things he says when Rose crosses someone over never get old. He also makes fun of Neil Funk a lot which is pretty funny.

Cubsfan365
01-03-2010, 04:18 PM
I have the NBA package and I must say Heinsohn gets on my nerves, but I cant say much because he is no different then Ken Harrelson for the White Sox. Stacey King (Bulls color guy) cracks me up. The things he says when Rose crosses someone over never get old. He also makes fun of Neil Funk a lot which is pretty funny.
"There's a sniper in the building" - in reference to Derrick Rose crossing over and the defnder falling on the ground

cRaTeR
01-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Stacey King (Bulls color guy) cracks me up.

We know he is black, no need to go to the terminology of the 50s man.

ItsTheLastAce
01-03-2010, 04:25 PM

Gotta love Gus Johson!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

wow that was great, to the topic i hate reggie miller hes just so bland and annoying.

i love the trio of mark jackson, JVG, and mike breen. they have great chemistry, their just funny

ThuglifeJ
01-03-2010, 04:32 PM
YES the Bucks announcer is SOOOOOOOOO BIASED it's ridiculous. And I'm talking about the cartoon character guy.

I mean this guy is just a fan of the Bucks it's funny to listen. I remember the Lakers Bucks game and when Kobe drove in on that travel/charge controversy hes like screaming THATS HORRBLE. THAT IS NOT A CHARGE. TERRIBLE CALL!
he does stuff like that every game

I remember another game he's like Come on Jennings lets go. ANd gets really excited and hypes his players when they make every shot and then is silent wen other teams do good

Chicagofaithful
01-03-2010, 04:34 PM
I heard the Bucks announcer,
Dude sounds like a cartoon character.

Who do you feel says the most wacky, dumb, nonsensical stuff in the NBA?
Who if your favorite?
Who can't you stand?

My favorite is Clyde Frazier.
My hated is Mike Breen.

every time i hear Clyde Frazier's voice i ponder taking my own life...

cRaTeR
01-03-2010, 04:37 PM
every time i hear Clyde Frazier's voice i ponder taking my own life...

are you serious?
Clyde is the man.

ManRam
01-03-2010, 04:40 PM
I think Clyde actually is the wackiest (wackest). Can't stand him.

The Nets have the best announcers, it's a shame they do it for such a terrible team.

Chicagofaithful
01-03-2010, 04:42 PM
are you serious?
Clyde is the man.

its not really what he says... just his voice... idk it drives me nuts.. plus when a knicks player doesnt get a call he whines like the celtics announcer does. I like an announcer who calls his own players out if they make a mistake.

lorenz00
01-03-2010, 04:43 PM
chuck swirsky is the best announcer in the nba period

cRaTeR
01-03-2010, 04:44 PM
I think Clyde actually is the wackiest (wackest). Can't stand him.

The Nets have the best announcers, it's a shame they do it for such a terrible team.

In what way?

The only thing wacky about him are his suits,
The way he calls the game is pretty likeable.
The man is not a homer, like some others.

uptown0364
01-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Stacey King is awesome..some of my favorites are:

"Mouse in the House"-Bigger player posting up a smaller player
"Sniper in the Building"-Someone falls when they get crossed over
"Get up and get out the Way"-Someone gets dunked on
"If you're scared, go buy a dog"-Guy moves so he doesn't get posterized

One of the funniest 2 minutes of Stacey is here though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbxzfVl_7c4

Watch the entire thing it's great.

ManRam
01-03-2010, 05:35 PM
In what way?

The only thing wacky about him are his suits,
The way he calls the game is pretty likeable.
The man is not a homer, like some others.

I hate how he sounds.
I hate his corny catch phrases.
I don't think he really ever provides great insight like a lot of other color guys.

lijuap18
01-03-2010, 05:42 PM
I would have to say Tommy Heinshohn of the boston celtics. This guy has to be the most Bias play by play commentator in the league or any sport of that matter. And i am actually a Celtics fan.lol. If you dont believe me watch some of the celtics games on NBA league pass like i do. Here is a sample. i don't know why this guy still has a job.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjU3nvru9wA

lijuap18
01-03-2010, 06:51 PM
I would have to say Tommy Heinshohn of the boston celtics. This guy has to be the most Bias play by play commentator in the league or any sport of that matter. And i am actually a Celtics fan.lol. If you dont believe me watch some of the celtics games on NBA league pass like i do. Here is a sample. i don't know why this guy still has a job.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjU3nvru9wA

dodie53
01-03-2010, 07:50 PM
i hate Clyde Frazier

TheKing23
01-03-2010, 08:00 PM
As a Cavs fan I LOVE Austin Carr... He has some pretty wacky catchphrases and him and Fred McLeaod work really well together.

"KING JAMES THROWS THE HAMMER DOWN!" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPl2gyr50S4

"GET THAT WEAK STUFF OUTTA HERE!" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e-vbZ6vJFc&feature=related

Raps18-19 Champ
01-03-2010, 08:04 PM
I don't know.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Matt Devlin is the greatest.

"Punjabi!"

"J-Killa!"

Cubs Win
01-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Stacey King (the Bulls TV guy) is AWESOME! He has good knowledge about basketball and combines it with a real goofy attitude that is fun to listen to. He's also not a blatant homer like some of the other announcers around the league.

dwadefan03
01-03-2010, 08:33 PM
JVG and Marc jackson

jaysfan4ever
01-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Matt Devlin is the greatest.

"Punjabi!"

"J-Killa!"

This is a wackiest commentator thread and you're talking about Devlin over Swirsky!! :facepalm:

Chuck Swirsky is the man! If you haven't seen him as an announcer, imagine a 50 year old bald guy that goes absolutely nuts after almost basket, with usually a crazy catchphrase to accompany it.

Some of his craziest quotes are:

"Onions, baby onions" - when a Raptor makes a great play
"Oh my Bosh!"
"Apollo 33 has landed!" - after a Jamario Moon dunk
"Sick, wicked and nasty!"
"Get out the salami and cheese mama, this ballgame's over" - When the game's pretty much over
"Get out the umbrellas, it's raining treys"
"Oh baby what a play!"
"NBA facial" - when a Raptor dunks on an opposing player
"Ring it up from downtown ____ " - when a Raptor hits a 3

and of course, the triumphant, "Raptors win! Raptors win! Raptors win!" at the end of EVERY Raptors' win.

A video of Swirsky's top 10 catchphrases:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UzOsZ7R0x4&feature=related

Cubs Win
01-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Imagine a Jeff Van Gundy and Avery Johnson tandem as commentators! :drool: Two of the funniest voices in basketball today collide to cause mass self-inflicted ear wounds worldwide.

Cubs Win
01-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Just curious, I see you Raptors fans mentioning Swirski, but does he still announce for you guys? Because he does the Bulls radio with Bill Wennington, but he mentions the Raptors more than any other team. I just never knew if its all because of the previous connections or if he's still affiliated.

jaysfan4ever
01-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Just curious, I see you Raptors fans mentioning Swirski, but does he still announce for you guys? Because he does the Bulls radio with Bill Wennington, but he mentions the Raptors more than any other team. I just never knew if its all because of the previous connections or if he's still affiliated.

Naw, he has no affiliation with the Raps professionally now. But he was our announcer for a decade, as possibly the biggest homer in professional basketball, so he's probably still a HUGE Raptor fan.

Bucks24226
01-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Jon McGlocklin-Bucks soo ****ing funny and biased I love him

iggypop123
01-03-2010, 09:04 PM
the color guy from cleveland. i watched about 10 min of their broadcast and could not stop laughing at this guy. wow

Raoul Duke
01-03-2010, 09:31 PM
I dunno who the wackiest is, but I know my boy Mason over in the Palace is the best.

dtmagnet
01-03-2010, 09:49 PM
The Cavs color man is just bad, he doesn't seem to really know basketball at all. I heard him say something like "Now would be a good time to get a couple of steals and make this a five possesion game." with like 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter. I was dumbfounded.

TheKing23
01-03-2010, 09:56 PM
The Cavs color man is just bad, he doesn't seem to really know basketball at all. I heard him say something like "Now would be a good time to get a couple of steals and make this a five possesion game." with like 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter. I was dumbfounded.

Doesn't know basketball at all?

Yeah, Austin Carr only played in the NBA for 10 years, averaged 15 ppg for his career and has his #34 retired by the Cavs. A lot more qualified than you...

Even the best commentators state the obvious. His job isn't to analyze, it's to provide comic relief, and he does a great job of that.

BADKNEES
01-03-2010, 10:03 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440145

Sly Guy
01-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Everyone that isn't a Celtics fan hates Tommy Heinsohn because he's a very big homer.

yeah, he's a pretty big homer. But really, you guys in boston have knowledgeable, if not biased commentators. In toronto, all we've got matt devlin who sounds like he was pasted together from video game sound clips, and leo, the canadian bill walton.

FlakeyFool
01-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Chuck Swirsky. Best announcer ever.

Sly Guy
01-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Stacey King is awesome..some of my favorites are:

"Mouse in the House"-Bigger player posting up a smaller player
"Sniper in the Building"-Someone falls when they get crossed over
"Get up and get out the Way"-Someone gets dunked on
"If you're scared, go buy a dog"-Guy moves so he doesn't get posterized

One of the funniest 2 minutes of Stacey is here though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbxzfVl_7c4

Watch the entire thing it's great.

you sold me. This guy is awesome.

Giaps
01-03-2010, 10:16 PM
The Knicks have the best all around commentators in my opinion. Frazier, Breen, Gus Johnson, Kenny Albert (Marv's son) and Johnny Hoops.

chisox721
01-03-2010, 10:38 PM
We know he is black, no need to go to the terminology of the 50s man.

haha what? you obviously dont know what the term "color guy" means.

DerekRE_3
01-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Well as far as wacky goes...there's Jerry Reynolds, color commentator the Kings. He says some of the most corny and stupid things, but if your a Kings fan you love it (at least I do). Some of his gems:

"Hippity hop to the barber shop" - when someone drives to the lane and finishes
"Brock Ness Monster" - His nickname for Jon Brockman
"Casspi off the glasspi" - When Omri Casspi banks a layup or shot in
"Tyreke is being TYrific"
"Beno draino" - When Beno Udrih makes a shot
"That guy is going to need some CASSprin" - after an Omri Casspi dunk
"Spencer is being 'hawesome'" - His nickname for Spencer Hawes

Cubs Win
01-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Well as far as wacky goes...there's Jerry Reynolds, color commentator the Kings. He says some of the most corny and stupid things, but if your a Kings fan you love it (at least I do). Some of his gems:

"Hippity hop to the barber shop" - when someone drives to the lane and finishes
"Brock Ness Monster" - His nickname for Jon Brockman
"Casspi off the glasspi" - When Omri Casspi banks a layup or shot in
"Tyreke is being TYrific"
"Beno draino" - When Beno Udrih makes a shot
"That guy is going to need some CASSprin" - after an Omri Casspi dunk
"Spencer is being 'hawesome'" - His nickname for Spencer Hawes

Haha no offense, but those sound like some of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I'd go insane listening to that every game.

DerekRE_3
01-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Haha no offense, but those sound like some of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I'd go insane listening to that every game.

Jerry Reynolds is a legend. He makes them terrible on purpose.

Cubs Win
01-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Jerry Reynolds is a legend. He makes them terrible on purpose.

Maybe thats it but I don't know, it's just tough to tell over the internet.

*Superman*
01-03-2010, 11:11 PM
The Pistons announcer. I hate when he says, "(piston player name) fill is up!" Its so annoying he says it after every shot they make.

ldc62
01-03-2010, 11:19 PM

Is he the guy that called out the woman ref? Hes hilarious but yea hes also a huge homer.

rickyk13
01-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Without a doubt MAtt Devlin for the raptors. Its so unbelievable bad how canadian he tries to be he just talks hockey and useless ******** he is always touching jack armstrong and crowding him and stuff. And at half time when the show him standing up he is so disgustingly awkward to look at i have to change it hes like that nerdy high school teacher who kept track of your shooting percentage because he was too ****** to be a coach. I actually have watched the last 2 games on mute . NOT LYING

TopsyTurvy
01-03-2010, 11:21 PM
Favorites: Johnny Red Kerr and Clyde Frazier.
Wackiest: Any announcer covering the game for the BBC when the NBA plays in London. Their color commentary is hilarious!

Cubs Win
01-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Is he the guy that called out the woman ref? Hes hilarious but yea hes also a huge homer.

I think huge homer is a massive understatement for him.

TheWatcher34
01-03-2010, 11:32 PM
the Clippers commentator's "BINGO!" :facepalm: