PDA

View Full Version : What should which teams do by the trade deadline?

DenButsu
01-03-2010, 02:19 PM
What should which teams do by the trade deadline?

DenButsu
01-03-2010, 02:21 PM
I'll go first:

The Nuggets should use TPE and/or expirings to pick up a 4th big man to back up their main 3.

wudadoda
01-03-2010, 02:44 PM
The rockets should trade tmac...to which team? who cares...we should work out a trade where we can get andre iguodala from philly and either andrew bynum-lakers, kris kaman-clippers, or marcin gortat-orlando. I'm would only be willing to give up tmac, dorsey, ariza, or cook noone else can be traded for.

ManRam
01-03-2010, 02:46 PM
The Magic should package any group consisting of Gortat, Bass, Anderson, Johnson, Redick, our two trade exceptions, for a real power forward (and if Gortat is traded, a backup center too).

HT9Canada
01-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Raptors: SHould sit pat, not do anything, hope they can resign Bosh this summer and again do nothing during the summer. The team has potential and just needs time to grow and play with each other. Good mixture of youth and veterans on the team.

Driven
01-03-2010, 02:48 PM
The rockets should trade tmac...to which team? who cares...we should work out a trade where we can get andre iguodala from philly and either andrew bynum-lakers, kris kaman-clippers, or marcin gortat-orlando. I'm would only be willing to give up tmac, dorsey, ariza, or cook noone else can be traded for.
:facepalm:

Cubsfan365
01-03-2010, 02:55 PM
You honestly think you can get Iguodala AND kaman, bynum, or gortat?

nyanks79
01-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Lakers should trade Farmar and Morrison for Nate Robinson and Jared Jefferies.

WITZ
01-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Cavs should get a legit Pf maybe a David West.

darkjustice21
01-03-2010, 03:27 PM
As a Bulls fan I would like to pick up McGrady but not sure we have the contracts for it... mainly for cap relief for 2010 FA. I wouldnt mind sending Salmons or Hinrich. Deng is a possibility if they know they can replace him in the offseason. I would like to see Bosh and Wade come one in a trade (bosh more likely) and the other as a FA.

spreadeagle
01-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Cavs should poach some of Washington's players.Raps should try to deal Calderon to the lakers,Bucks should move Bogut while hes had a good season in a package with Redd

dwadefan03
01-03-2010, 03:32 PM
miami should try and get a legit point guard from either portland (steve blake) or washington (foye) or new jersey (alston or dooling)

Giaps
01-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Knicks should trade Jeffries for a contract that saves them a few million even if it goes into 2010-2011.

abe_froman
01-03-2010, 03:38 PM
bulls:dumping salmons,get some more expirings,and solid sg option would be nice

jayball41
01-03-2010, 03:39 PM
None of the trades anyone has said will happen. wow get more realistic....

JWO35
01-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Pistons: Trade anyone not named Rodney Stuckey or Jonas Jerebko for Chris Paul

J_M_B
01-03-2010, 03:55 PM

Not going to happen...

JWO35
01-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Not going to happen...

O rly?

BkOriginalOne
01-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Rockets ship Tmac to Hornets for Mo Pete and Peja
OR to Bucks in a Swap for Michael Redd
OR to Jazz for AK47 and Harpring

Knicks Move Robinson to Bulls in a Tyrus Thomas Deal.

xabial
01-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Im ganna be a homer and say injury depleted Portland takes one of the knicks horrible contracts (PF/C eddy, or PF/C Jeffries) + Nate + 1st rounder :pray: for a bucket of basketballs. ok strike that make it 1 basketball..

BkOriginalOne
01-03-2010, 04:08 PM
I'll go first:

The Nuggets should use TPE and/or expirings to pick up a 4th big man to back up their main 3.

It's gonna have to be Joey Grahm or Balkman.

They do need another Big, who can shoot it, and a backup for melo.

If this team still had Kleiza, Camby and Najera I think they could win the West.

jpconner9
01-03-2010, 04:21 PM
I think the Mavs should trade Eric Dampier and Josh Howard to Toronto for Chris Bosh and Maurice Evans. Toronto gets a young player in Howard, and expiring contract in Dampier (16.2 mil) and Dallas gets the home town boy that can flat out play in Bosh.

Tymer
01-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Raptors: SHould sit pat, not do anything, hope they can resign Bosh this summer and again do nothing during the summer. The team has potential and just needs time to grow and play with each other. Good mixture of youth and veterans on the team.

Seriously?

We need some damn defense and badly I highly doubt Bosh is going to resign all our money is locked up in Bargs and Hedo We should trade antoine wright, sonny weems and rasho for some defensive players. Maybe try to bring Marcus back, or trade for some defensive guards

HOZ THE KNICK
01-03-2010, 04:39 PM
knicks dump curry and jeffries for any expirings.

Vinny642
01-03-2010, 05:22 PM
We need to dump salary(Posey, Peterson, Peja) and get a wing scorer and a backup center.

Vinny642
01-03-2010, 05:25 PM

Seriously? OK then.

Vinny642
01-03-2010, 05:26 PM

Good luck on that one.:eyebrow:

Lo Porto
01-03-2010, 05:42 PM
3 Team Trade:

Rockets get AK, Nate Robinson and Knick throw in M. Landry
Jazz get Mobley and Jeffries
Knicks get TMac
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yh4bfmk

Everyone is happy. Rockets get two good players for TMac and save $2 million in salaries for this season. The Knicks pay a lot this year, but they get rid of Jeffries contract for 2010. The Jazz lose AK, but they save a ton this year with Mobley's insurance covered contract, and they save $11 million for next year.

TheKing23
01-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Use Big Z's expiring and package it with Hickson and a pick to get a stretch PF along the lines of Antawn Jamison or David West... PLEASE

Although, if the team stays pat (will it could do the way we're playing at the moment) I wouldn't be bothered.

KnicksorBust
01-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Knicks give: Wilson Chandler, Jared Jeffries
Knicks get: Stephen Curry, Ronny Turiaf

Warriors give: Stephen Curry, Ronny Turiaf, Brandon Wright, Speedy Claxton
Warriors get: Kirk Hinrich, Wilson Chandler, Jared Jeffries

Bulls give: Kirk Hinrich
Bulls get: Brandon Wright, Speedy Claxton

Johann
01-03-2010, 06:03 PM
I think the Mavs should trade Eric Dampier and Josh Howard to Toronto for Chris Bosh and Maurice Evans. Toronto gets a young player in Howard, and expiring contract in Dampier (16.2 mil) and Dallas gets the home town boy that can flat out play in Bosh.

josh howard is 29... :facepalm:

and nty with that offer

Shady66
01-03-2010, 06:09 PM
I would trade Jason Richardson for litterally anything.
Preferably a Defencive SG, or a Defencive Center.

BGeer091
01-03-2010, 06:36 PM
I would trade Jason Richardson for litterally anything.
Preferably a Defencive SG, or a Defencive Center.

I'll give you Eddy Curry?

Tblaze
01-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Portland:

Trade Rudy Fernandez to Phoenix for their medical staff!

Lord Leoshes
01-03-2010, 06:59 PM
miami should try and get a legit point guard from either portland (steve blake) or washington (foye) or new jersey (alston or dooling)

I would say 1st & most important would be getting rid of Jones $2mil partial guaranteed contract. If we can do that, while getting that PG? then we kill two birds with one stone. My 1st choice would be Alston.
After that it would be (maybe, still not sure i want to get rid of him yet) is Cook.

tjp2033
01-03-2010, 07:16 PM
I think the 76ers should try to give away Brand and Dalembert but in doing that they will have to give up Iggy. Even so, this team isn't going anywhere so I say do it to get expiring contracts and just rebuild. Speights is a stud and Young isnt bad. Jrue Holliday needs more playing time to develop into a good PG. Then after trading some ppl away go after some free agents and draft a good player depending on where they get to pick.

thephoenixson28
01-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Portland:

Trade Rudy Fernandez to Phoenix for their medical staff! No deal. Maybe for brandon roy.

But any takers for j-rich.

TheKing23
01-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Use Big Z's expiring and package it with Hickson and a pick to get a stretch PF along the lines of Antawn Jamison or David West... PLEASE

Although, if the team stays pat (will it could do the way we're playing at the moment) I wouldn't be bothered.

Toenail Clipper
01-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Camby is going to be likely moved to a championship team who really need a role player.
I really want T-Mac

KnicksorBust
01-03-2010, 07:46 PM

Thoughts Bulls/Warriors/Knicks fans? I honestly think all 3 teams get better.

abe_froman
01-03-2010, 07:53 PM
it shed's salary and gives us wright who's a young talent,but loss of 2 depth would suck.so if i had something lined up i'd be cool with it

thephoenixson28
01-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Camby is going to be likely moved to a championship team who really need a role player.
I really want T-Mac What about jason richardson

Slimsim
01-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Knicks need to trade JJ and Curry

Slimsim
01-03-2010, 08:10 PM
And Al and Hughe Some Contenders might take them

dodie53
01-03-2010, 08:41 PM
3 team trade

involving suns (jrich), rockets (tmac) and another team

Sports Illustrator
01-03-2010, 10:27 PM

The Knicks would be much more interested in acquiring Speedy Claxton than to acquire Ronny Turiaf. They'd still have Turiaf's salary count against the cap in the 2010-2011 season.

One simply trade I'd make with the Warriors is Jordan Hill for Stephen Curry.

JDizzle
01-03-2010, 10:47 PM

i would do that in a heartbeat if I was the hornets

akesh99
01-03-2010, 11:34 PM

I assum mean Reggie Evans because Maurice Evans plays for the Cavs.. either way, I pass on the deal.

BlueJayFanDan
01-03-2010, 11:54 PM
Mavs should trade Josh Howard, Drew Gooden or Tim Thomas, and JJ Barea to Sacramento for Kevin Martin and Sean May.

Kings get expiring contracts including a great player in Howard
Mavs get a ****ing baller and a decent big guy

This trade is fair.

RaptorizedKevin
01-04-2010, 01:10 AM
I assum mean Reggie Evans because Maurice Evans plays for the Cavs.. either way, I pass on the deal.

:facepalm: you people need to watch nba games.. both of you are wronge

MO EVANS PLAYS FOR THE HAWKS

MO WILLIAMS PLAYS FOR THE CAVS

REGGIE EVANS PLAYS FOR THE RAPTORS

dammit people get ur facts straight

why the hell would toronto give up bosh? whos their pf? the thing bout these threads.. peopels trades are one sided.. even if salaries match yu gotta find the trade to be GOOD for both teams

but no one does that . so its juss a bunch of people saying " TRADE TMAC HERE" for scrubs. or whatever

Hawkeye15
01-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Kevin Martin for Mark Blount/Brian Cardinal/Charotte's 1st round pick

Gives Minny that scoring wing they need
Gives Sac cap relief to play in FA, and another pick to put alongside Evans, Thompson, and Hawes and co.

IBleedPurple
01-04-2010, 07:20 PM
I'll go first:

Balkman or Graham + a 2nd/3rd pick for Scola. That would work well for the Nuggets, and the Rockets are looking for any deals.

Tony_Starks
01-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Utah has to move Boozer, they won't get past round one or possibly not even make the playoffs with him and he's about walk away for free.

Philly needs to move Brand. He doesn't fit and his contract sucks. Good luck with that one.

NY has to move either Nate or Lee or both. They're not resigning either next year and they will walk for free.

Washington has to move either Jameson or Butler. As they sit they're mediocre and one of those two could land a big time player (such as Boozer or Lee) .

Clippers have to move either Kaman or Camby. Once Blake gets back it'll be too little room in the paint. Both are valuable trade pieces.

edit-

BULLS NEED TO GET NATE ROBINSON ASAP! They obviously miss Gordons scoring off the bench and this would be a perfect fit.

Tony_Starks
01-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Mavs should trade Josh Howard, Drew Gooden or Tim Thomas, and JJ Barea to Sacramento for Kevin Martin and Sean May.

Kings get expiring contracts including a great player in Howard
Mavs get a ****ing baller and a decent big guy

This trade is fair.

Thats actually a decent trade for both squads...

KnicksorBust
01-04-2010, 09:50 PM
The Knicks would be much more interested in acquiring Speedy Claxton than to acquire Ronny Turiaf. They'd still have Turiaf's salary count against the cap in the 2010-2011 season.

One simply trade I'd make with the Warriors is Jordan Hill for Stephen Curry.

I feel you on that but the Bulls would want Speedy's expiring. For us it is about shedding some cap and actually getting a PG and a C who would fit our team perfectly. I think it'd be a great deal. I'll miss Chandler but Curry is perfect for us.

I can't see the Warriors trading Curry for Hill when they had the chance to pick Hill and passed. It's not like Hill has done anything raise his stock.

RadiantShot
01-04-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm hoping the Magic can get rid of Gortat, and because they aren't using Brandon Bass...Trade him for a powerforward Stan will actually use.

DayDreamz
01-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Portland:

Trade Rudy Fernandez to Phoenix for their medical staff!

LOOOOOL:facepalm:

Jvu
01-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Tmac for Iggy/Speights/Kapono

This is probably what morey wants.. It's possible but not likely

TrueFan420
01-04-2010, 11:29 PM

The warriors would want nothing to do with that trade at all

Sixerlover
01-05-2010, 12:03 AM
If the Sixers could ever trade Brand or Dalembert it should happen now. I feel like we have the same exact year every year.

DR. Pepper
01-05-2010, 12:21 AM
cavs- inquire about antwaan jamison
celtics- make bench stronger for depth
heat-stay put count on FA
raptors- trade bosh while they can
jazz- dump boozer
blazers- add another inside threat like ty thomas or rudy gay
hawks- aquire another inside guy
thunder- add more young players

teams on clearence alert- knicks, nets, wizards, hornets,jazz,

Kakaroach
01-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Jazz could make a move sometime this week, and they better with 3 straight losses.

lorenz00
01-05-2010, 01:03 AM
calderon + anontie wright + marcus banks + reggie evans for kobe bryant and shanan brown and dj mbenga

b_rad23
01-05-2010, 01:13 AM
turkoglu and bargs for Dwight, Nelson and 1st rounder.

Stunner
01-05-2010, 01:31 AM
The bulls trade

Kirk and Jerome James and a pick

to the Wizards

for Caron Butler and mike james.

Red222
01-05-2010, 01:32 AM
turkoglu and bargs for Dwight, Nelson and 1st rounder.

:eyebrow:

phoenix_bladen
01-05-2010, 01:51 AM
cavs should trade shaq for jamison and butler

PrettyBoyJ
01-05-2010, 02:09 AM
Cavs should try and get Jamison from the Wiz.. Might keep Lebron in Clevland next Season..

BlueJayFanDan
01-05-2010, 03:42 AM
Thats actually a decent trade for both squads...

Thanks. I thought so too. I tend to be fairly realistic unlike some fans on here and I look for trades that could actually help both teams. I hope this trade happens.

rocky4104
01-05-2010, 03:58 AM
Suns need an inside presence aside from amare

KnicksorBust
01-05-2010, 12:11 PM

The warriors would want nothing to do with that trade at all

Why not? Hinrich is the perfect type of guard to play next to Monta (their best player). Chandler is a very talented young SF with upside and Jared Jeffries adds defense to a team that desperately needs it.