PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Garnett Likely To Miss 10 More Days

JordansBulls
01-03-2010, 12:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=4791209

BOSTON -- Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers indicated Saturday that forward Kevin Garnett could be out for 10 days or more with a hyperextended right knee.

Discussing injuries to his three starters -- Garnett, Paul Pierce (right knee infection) and Rajon Rondo (sore left hamstring) -- prior to Saturday night's game with the Toronto Raptors at TD Garden, Rivers said Pierce and Rondo were the closest to returning, with Garnett looking at a three-week recovery window after being kicked in his surgically repaired knee twice during a three-game trip this past week.

"KG's still 10 days, maybe, I don't know," said Rivers. "I have no idea, I honestly don't. There is some history with hyperextended knees that we kind of know that it takes at least two weeks, sometimes three. We know it won't be longer than that, but we don't know how quickly. There's a history there -- not with [Garnett] -- but with league history."

Rivers continued to stress that Garnett's injury should not be a long-term issue.

Corey
01-03-2010, 12:35 PM
My only concern is that it will nag him off and on the rest of the season.

I don't really care if Garnett gets a few weeks off throughout the season, as it gives more run to Sheed, Big Baby, and Sheldon Williams, because the most important thing is being healthy at the END of the season, which I think the coaching staff realizes.

RaptorizedKevin
01-03-2010, 02:09 PM
yes with garnet out , the raptors should sitll win their next game? nah they lost to the HANDICAPED celtics... every other team in this league would had jumped on them and won.. but not us.

ProdigyI
01-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Man, Imagine if Garnett got injured before the playoffs and the Bulla faced them in the 1st round again.

Talk about some drama.

Corey
01-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Man, Imagine if Garnett got injured before the playoffs and the Bulla faced them in the 1st round again.

Talk about some drama.

True, but we'd have Sheed starting in his place, and BBD coming off the bench.

And the BG - Ray Ray matchup wouldn't be there. (Which was incredibly fun to watch last year)

JordansBulls
01-04-2010, 12:51 AM
My only concern is that it will nag him off and on the rest of the season.

I don't really care if Garnett gets a few weeks off throughout the season, as it gives more run to Sheed, Big Baby, and Sheldon Williams, because the most important thing is being healthy at the END of the season, which I think the coaching staff realizes.

Problem is the Celtics can fall to like the 3rd seed and then have 2 rounds in the east alone to win without HCA.