PDA

View Full Version : Worst Trade in the NBA's Last 10 Seasons?

cRaTeR
01-02-2010, 06:14 PM
What is it?

I'll say the worst one in my mind was, Marcus Camby, 8th pick (Nene), and Mark Jackson for: Antonio Mcdyess and Frank Williams (KNICKS and NUGGETS)
Antonio Mcdyess missed all of his first season with the Knicks and was traded to the Suns in the next season. Franks williams played only a few games with the knicks also. The Nugs got quality years out of Camby and Nene (set the tone as a tough minded deffensive team; something the Nugs are still enjoying)

RaptorsFanatic
01-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Vince Carter for Aaron Williams, Eric Williams, and Alonzo Mourning (didn't show up and fled to Miami -- winning a championship).

RaptorsFanatic
01-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Vince Carter for Aaron Williams, Eric Williams, and Alonzo Mourning (didn't show up and fled to Miami -- winning a championship).

I am sure my fellow loyal and understanding Raptors fans will never forget that...ever.

bctgg27
01-02-2010, 06:28 PM
I am sure my fellow loyal and understanding Raptors fans will never forget that...ever.

As a Nets fan, I will never forget that trade. It was a good one...

chicagocubsfan
01-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Chauncey billups for AI+ Mcdyess. Well at least in the Pistons' perspective.

Tony_Starks
01-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Trevor Ariza for Brian Cook... What the hell was Orlando thinking?

edit- Also Caron Butler for Kwame Brown..... I stilll get the shivers over that one!

Gators123
01-02-2010, 06:36 PM

It was time for the Pistons to get younger, but yeah I was pissed off at the time it happened.

thedfactor
01-02-2010, 06:41 PM
It has to be the Pau Gasol to the Lakers for his brother, Marc. Marc is working his way to be better and is already a solid center...but it was frowned upon by several owners and coaches around the league.

It's given the Lakers another championship and made them a lock to contend for more in years to come.

cf267872
01-02-2010, 06:47 PM
TRADE: (2007)
Boston Celtics Recieve:
Kevin Garnett
Minnesota Timberwolves Recieve:
Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff, 2 1st-Round Draft Picks, Cash Considerations

The C's win a championship and along with the Ray Allen acquisition, propel themselves from the cellar of the Eastern Conference, to the top tier. Yes, Minnesota was able to make KG happy, and take his contract off their books, but with that they took on Theo Ratliff's. Despite the fact that Jefferson and Gomes do have potential to make this trade more reasonable, they won't be able to do what KG did off the court. Whether it was improved ticket sales, or through merchandise, KG was not only monumental on the court, but an important revenue stream off of it as well. Both Telfair, and Green weren't able to live up to expectations, and despite KG's constant injuries, he has most definitely unified the Celtics locker room.

_KB24_
01-02-2010, 06:55 PM
It has to be the Pau Gasol to the Lakers for his brother, Marc. Marc is working his way to be better and is already a solid center...but it was frowned upon by several owners and coaches around the league.

It's given the Lakers another championship and made them a lock to contend for more in years to come.

How does that make out to be the WORST trade?

Memphis got what they want. They were rebuilding, they got rid of Pau's contract, they got Kwame's expiring contract of I believe 9-10 million, a young PG in Crittenton, and two first round picks. He has been quoted on record saying "it doesn't get any better than this" on what he could require. And to coaches and owner's who "frowned upon", they knew that the Lakers were going to be a BIG, BIG threat to deal with.

SA5195
01-02-2010, 07:03 PM

This.

The worst trade in Raptors franchise history.

abe_froman
01-02-2010, 07:07 PM
the pau and kg trades dont seem so lopsided anymore so..

brandon roy for randy foye
butler for kwame
brand for chandler
artest and brad miller for j.rose
joe johnson for rodgers

cRaTeR
01-02-2010, 07:08 PM

Memphis got what they want. They were rebuilding, they got rid of Pau's contract, they got Kwame's expiring contract of I believe 9-10 million, a young PG in Crittenton, and two first round picks. He has been quoted on record saying "it doesn't get any better than this" on what he could require. And to coaches and owner's who "frowned upon", they knew that the Lakers were going to be a BIG, BIG threat to deal with.

I agree with what you said here, Chris Wallace set out a goal and accomplished it, he did not care about getting back talent (eventhough he got back Marc = good); the only this important to him was cap space. The griz were going no where with Pau, so letting him go was best at the time.

The reason why Camby/nene for Dyce was so bad is becasue of what followed. The knicks had the highest payroll, yet became on of the worst teams in the league. Arguably becoming the the biggest laughing stock in all of sports in the biggest stage in the world. You just don't give away two good pieces like that. :facepalm:
Scott Layden masterminded it, as well as the Spreewell for Van Horn trade. :facepalm:

yanksrock
01-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Stephon Marbury to the Knicks. Completely de-railed the franchise.

Eddy Curry

cRaTeR
01-02-2010, 07:15 PM
This.

The worst trade in Raptors franchise history.

Seriously, the nets were one of the smartest teams in the last decade. Rod Thorn pulled off some miracle stuff. 3 picks for eddie griffin on draft night, J KIdd for Marbury, Carter for trash, Harris and picks for an aging pg(kidd).

They were always in a financial crisis, yet made the most of what they had.
Definately one of the most overachieving teams of the decade.

cf267872
01-02-2010, 07:16 PM

Not sure what you're talking about, but the trade was Pau Gasol to LA for Aaron McKie, Kwame Brown, and Jaravis Crittenton. But, I agree that this has got to be considered as one of the worst trades within the decade. Similiar to the KG trade, we all know how it worked out, but in all honesty, at least when Minnesota made their deal, they had some potential to turn things around. Here, not so much. McKie was a washed up #1, Brown had already been hearing about how he was bordering on Ryan Leaf status, and with the recent news developing out of Washington, Crittenton may not be in the league much longer.

jetsforever
01-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Has to be Carters to the Nets. That was a terrible trade

DreamShaker
01-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Brandon Roy straight up for Randy Foye...at least Gasol was justified as a salary dump...and VC was a demand...that one made absolutely no sense...

y2hitman
01-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Any trade the Milwaukee bucks have made

redsox1520
01-02-2010, 07:33 PM
TRADE: (2007)
Boston Celtics Recieve:
Kevin Garnett
Minnesota Timberwolves Recieve:
Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff, 2 1st-Round Draft Picks, Cash Considerations

The C's win a championship and along with the Ray Allen acquisition, propel themselves from the cellar of the Eastern Conference, to the top tier. Yes, Minnesota was able to make KG happy, and take his contract off their books, but with that they took on Theo Ratliff's. Despite the fact that Jefferson and Gomes do have potential to make this trade more reasonable, they won't be able to do what KG did off the court. Whether it was improved ticket sales, or through merchandise, KG was not only monumental on the court, but an important revenue stream off of it as well. Both Telfair, and Green weren't able to live up to expectations, and despite KG's constant injuries, he has most definitely unified the Celtics locker room.

:facepalm:
Wow...
Lets look at this trade:
Boston Gets:
KG- future Hall of Famer, brought them a championship

Minnesota Gets:
Al Jefferson- Franchise Player, perennial all star in a few years
Ryan Gomes- Solid bench player
Gerald Green- Good potential, couldn't put it all together
Sebastian Telfair- Eh...
Theo Ratliff- A crappy player, but a great expiring contract
Boston's 2009 1st Round Pick- 28th overall, Wayne Ellington
Minnesota's 2008 1st Round Pick (from the Ricky Davis-Wally Sczerbiak trade)- 3rd overall, OJ Mayo traded for Kevin Love and Mike Miller. Miller later became a major part of the Washington- Minnesota Trade

So from this trade Minnesota lost KG and Randy Foye, but Gained:
C- Al Jefferson
PF- Kevin Love
SF- Gomes/Green
SG- Ellington
PG- Rights to Ricky Rubio

Thats a pretty good trade for a player that wanted out

greg_ory_2005
01-02-2010, 07:34 PM
VC to the Nets. Seriously, how is it possible to get so much crap? :(

yanksrock
01-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Wow...
Lets look at this trade:
Boston Gets:

Minnesota Gets:
Sebastian Telfair- Eh...
Minnesota's 2008 1st Round Pick (from the Ricky Davis-Wally Sczerbiak trade)- 3rd overall, OJ Mayo traded for Kevin Love and Mike Miller. Miller later became a major part of the Washington- Minnesota Trade

C- Al Jefferson
PF- Kevin Love
SF- Gomes/Green
SG- Ellington

Nice job.

Hugbees
01-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Knick's giving up two first rounders for Eddie Curry or basically any other Knick trade during the Isiah/Laden era...ouch..

DreamShaker
01-02-2010, 07:42 PM
VC to the Nets. Seriously, how is it possible to get so much crap? :(
The GM they had was pretty horrible....but.....

Knick's giving up two first rounders for Eddie Curry or basically any other Knick trade during the Isiah/Laden era...ouch..

Not as bad as this guy....the amount of horrible contracts he piled up and called "assets" was shameful....he squandered all the draft picks...signed guys like Jerome James and Jerred Jeffries to cap-crippling contracts...traded for Marbury and Francis (exact same player) and Curry and Randolph (exact same player)...he made some decent draft picks...but outside of that...wow....

Tony_Starks
01-02-2010, 07:43 PM

Lets be fair though, at that point they badly needed a low post player and for a (brief) time Isiah had Eddie looking like he could almost be an allstar.

Tony_Starks
01-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Oh how could I forget Phoenix giving away Luo Deng and Rondo for nothing?

tkshy
01-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but no question Carter to the Nets. Look at the trade as it ended up.

Vince Carter
and $10mil paid to Alonzo to go sign as a free agent in Miami

for

Eric Williams
Aaron Williams

smith&wesson
01-02-2010, 08:03 PM

yep, the trade ended up costing us money and losing carter for two players who werent in the nba 2 seasons later.

disgusting.

gasol for k brown has to rank up there as well.

Toenail Clipper
01-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Shawn Marion for Shaq, really slowed down the Phoenix Suns offense.
Where would they be now WITH Marion in the lineup?

cf267872
01-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Wow...
Lets look at this trade:
Boston Gets:

Minnesota Gets:
Sebastian Telfair- Eh...

C- Al Jefferson
PF- Kevin Love
SF- Gomes/Green
SG- Ellington

I understand what you're trying to say here, but the reason why I believe this deserves to be considered as one of the worst trades in the decade is because of what MIN was able to do with it's acquisitions.

Yes, we're aware of the financial status that MIN was in prior to trading KG, but let's be serious. You stated that this was actually not a bad deal, considering KG's personal desires, however I disagree. Yes, Big Al is a bonafide center and Gomes is a "solid" bench player, but both Green and Telfair have been busts, and although I like Kevin Love, his acquisition, along with Pecherov, Thomas, and Songalia from WAS do not hold enough weight to consider this trade to be "pretty good".

I'm not trying to say that anybody's wrong, just personally, I feel that this deal ruined one franchise, and transformed the other into champions. Thus, being able to be considered for this thread. Also, I don't care if a team gave me all 13 players on their team for KG, all that matters is the talent that you recieve. Obviously, the GM has to look at personal matters, financials, depth, and long-term plans, but you can't just pull the trigger on deals like this. As a Suns fan, I've seen our owner (Robert Sarver) make numerous trades throughout the decade that better the team financially and not on the court. I think that sometimes management forgets that winning basketball games will ultimately lead to a financially secure team, rather than just making deals that solve short-term monetary issues, and lead to threads like this.

Bryrob58
01-02-2010, 08:27 PM
People defftly just googled this topic to find their answers, so I'll say one that hasn't really been said. How about Mike Bibby to the Hawks? I don't specifically remember, but I think the main pieces going to Sac-Town were Shelden Williams and Anthony Johnson. There were likely a few picks going back to Sacramento as well, I don't know who they turned out to be. Anyone know?

PHX2daDEATH
01-02-2010, 08:29 PM
-Marbury for Kidd.. lopsided
--Marion for Shaq.. Killed the Suns chances..they had one of the best records in the west at the time of the trade and then fell to 6th in the west and then lost in the first round...senseless trade since Marion's contract came off the books first..
-Johnson for Diaw. JJ is an All-Star , Diaw is with the Bobcats but as a Suns fan getting Dudley for Diaw kinda softens the blow
-Gasol to LA-.. Wont go there
-KG to Boston.. Wont go there either
-Anything the Knicks did..

Tony_Starks
01-02-2010, 08:32 PM
People defftly just googled this topic to find their answers, so I'll say one that hasn't really been said. How about Mike Bibby to the Hawks? I don't specifically remember, but I think the main pieces going to Sac-Town were Shelden Williams and Anthony Johnson. There were likely a few picks going back to Sacramento as well, I don't know who they turned out to be. Anyone know?

I don't remember the particulars but I know Williams was involved and it was lopsided. To me though it wasn't that bad a deal for Sac because they weren't winning with him, had young gaurds, and knew they weren't going to re-sign. Basically a salary dump for a guy that was a step slower anyway.

Worked out nice for ATL though!!

boston_fan_ct
01-02-2010, 08:33 PM
To make the Suns fan feel a bit better, this will help. Joe Johnson was traded to the Phoenix Suns along with guards Randy Brown, Milt Palacio and a first round pick for veteran forward Rodney Rogers and guard Tony Delk. I almost denounced my Celtics loyalty the day I heard of this one. The worst trades are the trades made in desparation. Back to the C's / Wolves trade, I thought the Wolves did the best they could at the time. You gotta blame the management for letting it get to the point it had. The deal really came down to Al Jefferson and 2 #1 picks for Garnett. The rest was pretty much to make the numbers work. Celtics got the better end of the deal for sure on that one, especially considering that once the Celtics got Garnett the picks would be very late first rounders. Feel dorry for the fans of franchises that don't have the financial backing or the management to make it work. I had to put up with 10 plus years of Pitino and whomever until a few years ago. Hopefully you will have better years ahead. just not good enough to beat the Celtics. :)

DreamShaker
01-02-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm still surprised the Foye for Roy stinker isn't getting any love....Randy Foye is in and out of the rotation for one of the crappiest teams in the NBA while Brandon Roy is carrying a playoff team full of injuries....Roy is a top-10 player right now and is a potential HOFer....I think as the years pass this will look worse and worse....

nashty13
01-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Up there has to be Jason Kidd (the savior) for Steph Marbury (the cancer)

DreamShaker
01-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Up there has to be Jason Kidd (the savior) for Steph Marbury (the cancer)

That is pretty rancid.

cRaTeR
01-02-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm still surprised the Foye for Roy stinker isn't getting any love....Randy Foye is in and out of the rotation for one of the crappiest teams in the NBA while Brandon Roy is carrying a playoff team full of injuries....Roy is a top-10 player right now and is a potential HOFer....I think as the years pass this will look worse and worse....

That was a draft night trade?
If so, nobody really knew at that point how good either on was.
Roy was definately better, but consider the fact that Foye just got trade for the 5th pick, makes you think that his talent level wasn't bad either. He is in the mold of eric gordon if I remember correctly, and thats not bad at all.

J_M_B
01-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Miami Heat: (2007)

Heat: Antoine Walker, Michael Doleac, Wayne Simien

for

T'wolves: Ricky Davis and Mark Blount

Tony_Starks
01-02-2010, 09:18 PM

I think Minny has made so many screwed up deals that this really gets lost in the shuffle. Of course we know about the Celtic connection, I mean the KG trade. But I thought the Love for Mayo deal was a HUGE blunder. Don't get me wrong, Love is a solid player. But Mayo is potentially a franchise player and a perfect outside threat to Jefferson's post game.

Could you imagine a pick and roll with Roy and Jefferson or Mayo and Jefferson?

Kdirt
01-02-2010, 09:24 PM
How bout Chris Webber to the Bullets for Tom Gugliotta and 3 first rd picks which turned into nothing.

juggla53
01-02-2010, 09:35 PM
joe johnson for boris diaw wasnt a great one for the suns. Diaw had one good year then put on about 40lbs over the offseason

juggla53
01-02-2010, 09:36 PM

for

I think he meant most lopsided trade not the trade involving the most people who suck

kingkenny01
01-02-2010, 09:48 PM
this isn't in the last 10 seasons but when the bucks traded dirk for two piles of ****

J_M_B
01-02-2010, 09:51 PM
I think he meant most lopsided trade not the trade involving the most people who suck

I know, but I wrote Miami's worse trade.

drew_ellis_23
01-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Just Imagine Roy with Love, Jefferson, and any other 2 players they want to run out there. That would be sick. Roy for Foye was a terrible trade. Draft night or not. Roy I thought should have been a top 3 pick. He fell cause he was a UW player. Had he went to Duke, or any other school that has ESPN all over their nutz, he would have gone number 1. Now I get to sit back and watch him play every night, and wish I had McHales phone number so I could call him, and thank him personally.

BkOriginalOne
01-02-2010, 10:04 PM
ROY for FOYE has to be up there.
Don't forget Brand and chandler.
AND, Brown and Butler, Lakers got raped.

I even think the Nets got ravished in the carter deal.

redsox1520
01-02-2010, 10:05 PM
I understand what you're trying to say here, but the reason why I believe this deserves to be considered as one of the worst trades in the decade is because of what MIN was able to do with it's acquisitions.

Yes, we're aware of the financial status that MIN was in prior to trading KG, but let's be serious. You stated that this was actually not a bad deal, considering KG's personal desires, however I disagree. Yes, Big Al is a bonafide center and Gomes is a "solid" bench player, but both Green and Telfair have been busts, and although I like Kevin Love, his acquisition, along with Pecherov, Thomas, and Songalia from WAS do not hold enough weight to consider this trade to be "pretty good".

I'm not trying to say that anybody's wrong, just personally, I feel that this deal ruined one franchise, and transformed the other into champions. Thus, being able to be considered for this thread. Also, I don't care if a team gave me all 13 players on their team for KG, all that matters is the talent that you recieve. Obviously, the GM has to look at personal matters, financials, depth, and long-term plans, but you can't just pull the trigger on deals like this. As a Suns fan, I've seen our owner (Robert Sarver) make numerous trades throughout the decade that better the team financially and not on the court. I think that sometimes management forgets that winning basketball games will ultimately lead to a financially secure team, rather than just making deals that solve short-term monetary issues, and lead to threads like this.

Telfair and Green were just throw-ins

Take a look at the stats from last year:
Kevin Garnett:
Pts- 15.8
Rebounds- 8.5
Blocks- 1.20

For:

Al Jefferson:
Pts- 23.1
Rebounds- 10.9
Blocks- 1.70

Kevin Love:
Pts- 15.1
Rebounds- 12.6
Blocks- .40

I would hardly say that this trade ruined The Timberwolves. It gave them two great players, and Ricky Rubio, who should be very good. His stats are even better than Brandon Jennings, who also played in the Euro League
3 franchise players for a Player who would opt out of his contract in a year- a pretty good trade in my book.

Bryrob58
01-02-2010, 10:38 PM
For the folks saying how great it would be with Love, Jefferson and Roy... Would you really have landed Love if you had Roy before that? You would have been a decent team, therefore no lottery pick for Love (Mayo I guess), no Flynn, and no Rubio. The team would have been very weak outside of Jefferson and Roy, though it would be better than it is now. The starting 5 would be Roy and Jefferson, along with a bunch of scrap as there were no young players from the Joe Smith trade that sent all of the first round picks away. I'm having a difficult time actually thinking of who would be around Al and Brandon. The Wolves would be no Portland right now, and would likely not be in a playoff spot right now. Those two players look good on paper, but so does D-Will and Boozer, so does Chris Paul and David West...

All of that said, the trade of Foye for Roy was a terrible one.

black1605
01-02-2010, 10:51 PM
EDIT

didnt remember it was last 10 seasons

JayAllDay
01-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Worst trade last ten year would be

Elton Brand to the Clippers for Brian Skinner and Tyson Chandler to the Bulls.

Essentially 20-10 guy for a high school kid.

FAIL

The fact that Clippers pulled one over the Bulls (or any team for that matter).

DOUBLE FAIL

KayNti
01-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Tractor Traylor for Dirk

JackB
01-02-2010, 11:12 PM

You have no clue do you.
Stick to Chicago sports .

bigsams50
01-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Vlade for Kobe FTW

SteveNash
01-03-2010, 12:15 AM
AI for Billups/McDyess.

Pau Gasol trade was also terrible.

DirkIsTheBest
01-03-2010, 12:31 AM
Devin Harris + 2 first round picks for Jason Kidd was the worst trade ever.

ARMIN12NBA
01-03-2010, 12:45 AM
Worst trade should not be considered a lopsided trade since it is a great trade for one franchise.

The worst trade of the decade should be a trade that screwed over BOTH franchises involved in the deal.

Can't think of one right now, but if someone can get on that then that would be great.

_KB24_
01-03-2010, 12:53 AM
Worst trade should not be considered a lopsided trade since it is a great trade for one franchise.

The worst trade of the decade should be a trade that screwed over BOTH franchises involved in the deal.

Can't think of one right now, but if someone can get on that then that would be great.

Tmac for Francis. Ended the careers of both players.

Surprised no one mentioned PHX trading Rondo for a pick. :facepalm:

FaM0us Skins
01-03-2010, 12:54 AM
Chauncey Billups, Cheikh Samb, Antonio McDyess for Allen Iverson

BIGBREED
01-03-2010, 12:57 AM
Even do its more than 10yrs but
-Hornets trading Kobe Bryant to the Lakers for Vlade Divac

The_Ocho_24
01-03-2010, 01:02 AM
Trevor Ariza for Brian Cook... What the hell was Orlando thinking?

edit- Also Caron Butler for Kwame Brown..... I stilll get the shivers over that one!

uhhhhh what about kwame brown, j critt, and marc gasol for pau gasol??????? ended up being marc for pau...

blastmasta26
01-03-2010, 01:08 AM
Chauncey Billups, Cheikh Samb, Antonio McDyess for Allen Iverson
That was a terrible deal, they could've gotten a lot more value for Cheikh Samb.

clutchski
01-03-2010, 01:47 AM
The VC trade easy.

lakersfan211
01-03-2010, 02:56 AM
Chauncey for A.I , the Nuggets became contenders while the pistons went from contenders to a below 500 8 seed . it got so bad in detroit last year the wanted iverson away from the team that couldve been his fault though .

Team*Chicago
01-03-2010, 03:17 AM
Chauncey for A.I , the Nuggets became contenders while the pistons went from contenders to a below 500 8 seed . it got so bad in detroit last year the wanted iverson away from the team that couldve been his fault though .

I totally agree to that, Iverson turned a championship competing team into a 8th below .500 team.

Reyes6
01-03-2010, 03:24 AM
I like to see the worst trades as one team getting screwed over and one team getting that much better because of it. Therefore, propelling to #1 is a trade involving the Knicks and the Suns.

#1 Mistake:
NY KNICKS on December 23, 2003: Fired president and general manager Scott Layden; named Isiah Thomas president of basketball operations

And it begins...

#1 worst trade:

Phoenix Received:
Antonio McDyess, Maciej Lampe, Howard Eisley and Charlie Ward, the rights to guard Milos Vujanic, a first-round pick in 2004 and a conditional first-round pick.

New York Received:
Stephon Marbury and Penny Hardaway and center Cezary Trybanski from the Phoenix Suns

Which then allowed: Phoenix Suns signed unrestricted free agent Steve Nash. With the addition of coach Mike D'Antoni and his offensive-minded strategy combined with Nash's playmaking skills Phoenix went on to win 33 games more than year before. The Suns had the best overall record in the NBA, Nash won the MVP Award and D'Antoni won the Coach of the Year Award.

WOW- Moving Phoenix from 24th to 1st by clearing the Marbury and Hardaway contracts AND New York gave up 2 1st round picks!

Then every team the Knicks traded since the 2004-2005 season would make the playoffs in the next season (besides the Bucks, sorry for them) including the Chicago Bulls, Portland Trailblazers, Atlanta Hawks, Orlando Magic, and Phoenix Suns... just to name a few.

PrettyBoyJ
01-03-2010, 04:29 AM
Randy Foye For Brandon Roy
Caron Butler for Kwame Brown?????? Smh

cambovenzi
01-03-2010, 04:57 AM

i do not see how it ruined them at all.
ok a couple minor parts didnt work out, but when you trade an aging star who wants out for an al jefferson(young 20/10 guy) and 3rd overall pick + others, its not the WORST deal by any means.

if anything they cashed in their star for some serious value instead of having him go for nothing.

CurryisCheddd
01-03-2010, 05:10 AM
worst trade = speedy claxton and acie law for jamal crawford ...LMAO thats like giving the Hawks a scorer/passer/ball handler for a ghost.

ChiSox219
01-03-2010, 05:28 AM
Grant Hill for Ben Wallace and Chucky Atkins (8/3/00)

sunnydayin'zona
01-03-2010, 05:34 AM

well, not saying these players are bad, but....
suns get:shaq
heat get: marion
thats all that was important.
suns run n gun style was shot in the face for a year and a half, heat were championship contenders then lost that. bad for both franchises, but i guess needed since shaq seemed to be burnt out in miami and marion requested a trade from phoenix.

DQL
01-03-2010, 05:40 AM

for

Don't forget the pick that Miami gave up which turned out to be Ty Lawson. The Heat would be set at PG if they had kept it and drafted Lawson

todu82
01-03-2010, 09:31 AM
The Vince Carter trade.

FlakeyFool
01-03-2010, 12:36 PM
VC trade easily.

jim51990
01-03-2010, 01:06 PM
suns get cash
celtics get rondo

dtmagnet
01-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Pau for Kwame.

Giantwarrior
01-03-2010, 01:42 PM
whay are all the boston fans so hung up on the KG trade? get over it. Its never fair when you trade for a player of that magnitude.

Giantwarrior
01-03-2010, 01:47 PM
The suns GM Steve Kerr has made alot of bad decisions. i dont even understand why he still has a job. They really wasted all the talent out there, and never capitalized during Nash's MVP runs. the suns should have had a Championship by now.

they traded joe johnson. brought shaq in, missed out on rondo sergio rodriguez. etc. etc. i dont remember the rest.

Hellcrooner
01-03-2010, 03:20 PM
well the gasol trade is

pau gasol for

1st rounder = Darrell arthur good bench player

crittenton = ****

kwame : CAP SpaCE used in RANDOLPH who is averaging 20 and 11

Marc Gasol = very possible future ALLSTAR.

and they still have a first pending

so sorry for laker haters but it was not lopsided

Hellcrooner
01-03-2010, 03:21 PM
how bout suns selling picks for money wich end up being deng, rudy fernandez and rondo?

xabial
01-03-2010, 03:51 PM

Maybe because Memphis traded for Zach Randolph 1-2 yrs later which in reality makes no sense to trade Pau in the 1st place, as the point of preserving cap space is for long term flexability :pity: Its like trading Pau Gasol for Zach Randolph

Zach makes 16,000,000M in 2010 and 17,333,333M in 2011
Gasol makes 16,451,250M in 2010 and 17,822,187M in 2011

(estimated: Hoopshype)

Uhh Zachs the better teamaate? :p

Good job memphis :clap:

Hellcrooner
01-03-2010, 03:56 PM
^he is behaivng perfectly and i guess you never heard of marc gasol

MetsJets0809
01-03-2010, 04:12 PM
How about Richard Jefferson for Yi Jianlin and Bobby Simmons? Jefferson was the Nets leading scorer and They got two pieces of crap back for him. :pity:

Also, the Nets-Magic trade
Carter and Ryan Anderson for Courtney Lee, Rafaer Alston and Battie

cRaTeR
01-03-2010, 04:29 PM
How about Richard Jefferson for Yi Jianlin and Bobby Simmons? Jefferson was the Nets leading scorer and They got two pieces of crap back for him. :pity:

Also, the Nets-Magic trade
Carter and Ryan Anderson for Courtney Lee, Rafaer Alston and Battie

As i said, the nets have been on of the smartest teams in the nba over the last decade.
They gave up an overpaid guy on the decline (correct me if i'm wrong, but how good were they when he got trade?) for a 22 year old lottery pick, who by all we can judge is at least very skilled for a 7 footer.
Nets have been in financial ruin, yet they do the best with what they have.
Only if the Knicks management were that good.

xabial
01-03-2010, 04:29 PM
^he is behaivng perfectly and i guess you never heard of marc gasol

Marcs good, but not as good as his brother. I think Any one can agree, that trade was a steal for the lakers (Just ask Steve Nash :laugh2:) . And i dont think Zach randolph is part of their future plans.

Hellcrooner
01-03-2010, 04:36 PM
^marc MAY become better than bro since he is stronger and has a better D and rebounding.

he is doing 15 ppg with 8 -9 shots a game.

if h finds a team that provides him 16-18 touches he could average 23-11 .

put him in miami to play second fiddle to wade and they contend for the ring.

D-Will4Prez
01-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Matt Harpring and Eric Maynor for Peter Fehse...Worst trade this decade :'(

Other than that the VC trade to the Magic raped the Nets hardcore.

Young and Stupid
01-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Matt Harpring and Eric Maynor for Peter Fehse...Worst trade this decade :'(

Other than that the VC trade to the Magic raped the Nets hardcore.

mikantsass
01-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Pau Gasol trade.. Memphis did that why????

Tblaze
01-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Roy for Foye

Aldridge for Ty Thomas

BullsNumber1Fan
01-03-2010, 11:33 PM
Roy for Foye

Aldridge for Ty Thomas

Are you serious or are you being sarcastic with the second trade? If you ask everybody who is better, around 99% of the people would say that LMA is the better player. The fact of the matter is that they are almost equal, if not TT being better. Here are the per 36 numbers for both players for this year:

TT: 16.8 PPG, 10.8 RPG, 2.5 BPG, 1.3 SPG, 6.9 FTA, 46.3% FG%
LMA: 16.4 PPG, 8.0 RPG, .6 BPG, .5 SPG, 3.4 FTA, 48.9% FG%

So why is LMA so much better exactly? IMO, with the defense and those stats there and the impact on the floor, TT is the better player or at least an equal player to LMA.

THE MTL
01-03-2010, 11:42 PM
What is it?

I'll say the worst one in my mind was, Marcus Camby, 8th pick (Nene), and Mark Jackson for: Antonio Mcdyess and Frank Williams (KNICKS and NUGGETS)
Antonio Mcdyess missed all of his first season with the Knicks and was traded to the Suns in the next season. Franks williams played only a few games with the knicks also. The Nugs got quality years out of Camby and Nene (set the tone as a tough minded deffensive team; something the Nugs are still enjoying)

Marcus Camby was never healthy on the Knicks. Equivalent of a modern-day McGrady.

Antonio Mcdyess was BEAST before the injuries.

I think the Grizzlies and Laker trade. Pau Gasol for Brown/(some PG)/1st rounder. Kwame sucks and his expiring at 9 mil aint all that. The point was exactly crap that why I cant remember his name lol. And I 1st round pick from a team of Gasol/Kobe/Odom is like 29th/30th pick. Plus this trade GAVE the lakers a championship! Memphis gave a team a championshiP!

PurpleJesus
01-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Are you serious or are you being sarcastic with the second trade? If you ask everybody who is better, around 99% of the people would say that LMA is the better player. The fact of the matter is that they are almost equal, if not TT being better. Here are the per 36 numbers for both players for this year:

TT: 16.8 PPG, 10.8 RPG, 2.5 BPG, 1.3 SPG, 6.9 FTA, 46.3% FG%
LMA: 16.4 PPG, 8.0 RPG, .6 BPG, .5 SPG, 3.4 FTA, 48.9% FG%

So why is LMA so much better exactly? IMO, with the defense and those stats there and the impact on the floor, TT is the better player or at least an equal player to LMA.

and if you project Alexis Ajinca's numbers to 36 minutes, he is averaging about 12 points...projections dont count for anything

PHX2daDEATH
01-07-2010, 03:10 PM
[QUOTE=boston_fan_ct;11862367]To make the Suns fan feel a bit better, this will help. Joe Johnson was traded to the Phoenix Suns along with guards Randy Brown, Milt Palacio and a first round pick for veteran forward Rodney Rogers and guard Tony Delk. QUOTE]

that doesnt make me feel better, Joe left the Suns just as soon as he was coming into his own as a player, the first two years we were waiting for this guy to explode... I really expected Joe to become the Suns franchise player but it never happened.... Tony Delk once scored 50 points in a suns uni and Rogers was a valuable Sixth man but i dont think they produced much for C's ..

dev0
01-07-2010, 03:24 PM
in the KG trade the wolves picked up Al Jeff, the foundation of their future
in the Pau trade the grizzlies picked up Marc Gasol, a solid young centre who is still a part of their future
in the Vince Carter trade, Toronto is left with nothing but a bucket of bolts and all the Williams' you can fit in a bucket. Biggest long term ripoff.

Hellcrooner
01-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Marcus Camby was never healthy on the Knicks. Equivalent of a modern-day McGrady.

Antonio Mcdyess was BEAST before the injuries.

I think the Grizzlies and Laker trade. Pau Gasol for Brown/(some PG)/1st rounder. Kwame sucks and his expiring at 9 mil aint all that. The point was exactly crap that why I cant remember his name lol. And I 1st round pick from a team of Gasol/Kobe/Odom is like 29th/30th pick. Plus this trade GAVE the lakers a championship! Memphis gave a team a championshiP!

i wonder why people forget MARc GASol was part of the trade he may end up beign better than pau

Fool
01-07-2010, 03:39 PM
i wonder why people forget MARc GASol was part of the trade he may end up beign better than pau

because they all love to rip on the lakers, unfortunately.

that trade was really not as unfair as people think.

Jack Daniels
01-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Stephon Marbury to the Knicks. Completely de-railed the franchise.

Eddy Curry

Oh yeah, That's what derailed them. They were on their way before that...:rolleyes: