PDA

View Full Version : If you were a star 2010 Free Agent, would you consider Chicago?

JordansBulls
01-02-2010, 10:21 AM
It used to be one of the worst franchises and places to be. Crowds used to be 8000 and less. We then became one of the most profitable organizations around. Now after the 90's we are still one of the highest revenue teams in the league.

With that in mind, if you were a star 2010 Free Agent, would you consider Chicago?

Slimsim
01-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Not sure about LBJ since he wouldn't be able to wear hs Headband.

D wade would be a perfect fit Along Derrick Rose.

Shaddix
01-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Sure,why not? Chicago has some money.

beardown78
01-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Yes but only if A better head coach is in place. Nobody's gonna come play for VDN. Other than that you got A great city, good tradition and A good organization. Nice young point guard and A few other nice young productive players. Imp the bulls are A superstar player away from being A contender

Badluck33
01-02-2010, 11:12 AM
jb some of your threads deserve the face palm.

However this one I like.

My answer is YES. Chicago should look very good to any high caliber free agent.

We have already locked in a promising point guard who is still learning every game. We have a TRUE Center who is averaging the 2nd most Rebounds in the NBA!!! We have a great market that is Chicago!

I think we look alot better and more enticing than...

New Jersey
New York
Memphis
Miami
Minnesota

..All who have more money than us to spend. With the exception of Miami and that depends if Wade stays or goes, I think we have an absolute GREAT chance of landing a great FA.

All thats missing is a SG, SF, or PF.

Wade, LeBron, Bosh, Boozer and Stoud all qualify for a great need that this team lacks.

Big Zo
01-02-2010, 11:23 AM

However this one I like.

We have already locked in a promising point guard who is still learning every game. We have a TRUE Center who is averaging the 2nd most Rebounds in the NBA!!! We have a great market that is Chicago!

New Jersey
New York
Memphis
Miami
Minnesota

..All who have more money than us to spend. With the exception of Miami and that depends if Wade stays or goes, I think we have an absolute GREAT chance of landing a great FA.

Wade, LeBron, Bosh, Boozer and Stoud all qualify for a great need that this team lacks.

Actually, Miami has a lot more money to spend than Chicago. The only guys still under contract for next year are Beasley and Chalmers. Anyway, I might consider it because of some of the guys they already have, but money talks and they don't have nearly as much to spend as some others.

fredv
01-02-2010, 11:28 AM
I doubt Lebron would go there, but I think there is a nice shot for you guys to land Wade. You need to make a trade though this season to make some move and try to prepare and get pieces that could attract him because his situation in Miami is very pleasant.

SchyGuy11
01-02-2010, 11:52 AM
big market, great tradition, we have young talented players(rose, noah, deng), best fans, all we need is to fire vinny and get doug collins to come back and this is a very attractive place for a superstar free agent to sign

ATX
01-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Another speculative "Wade to Chicago" in 2010 thread? :facepalm:

BALLER71
01-02-2010, 12:00 PM
I don't see how Chicago is more enticing than Miami. Since Miami has the money two get 2 superstars and we have Michael Beasley. Don't forget the Miami weather and South Beach.

FlakeyFool
01-02-2010, 12:09 PM
No, I'd go to Toronto

Tblaze
01-02-2010, 12:18 PM
No.

ATX
01-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Not while Vinny's at the helm.

Badluck33
01-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Actually, Miami has a lot more money to spend than Chicago. The only guys still under contract for next year are Beasley and Chalmers. Anyway, I might consider it because of some of the guys they already have, but money talks and they don't have nearly as much to spend as some others.

I meant to say with the exception of Miami depending on if wade stays or goes, the chicago bulls look better than any of the teams i mentioned.

muh bd

uptown0364
01-02-2010, 01:47 PM
I don't see how Chicago is more enticing than Miami. Since Miami has the money two get 2 superstars and we have Michael Beasley. Don't forget the Miami weather and South Beach.

And the horrible fan base

lakerboy
01-02-2010, 01:53 PM
I've been to Chicago once and only stayed there for a day. The city is great! It was even featured in Batman as the "Gotham City". It's a big market city (3rd largest) and if I were Chris Bosh I'll definitely play along side Derrick Rose.

abe_froman
01-02-2010, 02:01 PM
It used to be one of the worst franchises and places to be. Crowds used to be 8000 and less. We then became one of the most profitable organizations around. Now after the 90's we are still one of the highest revenue teams in the league.

With that in mind, if you were a star 2010 Free Agent, would you consider Chicago?

jb,why feel the need to ask this

Raoul Duke
01-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Anyway, I might consider it because of some of the guys they already have, but money talks and they don't have nearly as much to spend as some others.

A max contract for Wade, James or Bosh is the same no matter where they go, and it starts right around 15 million a year.

Chicago, Miami, NY and NJ will all have the cap space for one max contract, so none of them have an advantage in terms of money (except of course the teams which already have bird rights to one of three aforementioned players).

Chicago has some really nice pieces in place already, but they have a horrible coach and a history of bad management. They'll get somebody, just not sure who it'll be.

Mavrix
01-02-2010, 02:15 PM
No, it's way too cold.

tr3ymill3r
01-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Maybe 10 years ago, but now definately not. It seems as if Chicago was an up and coming team a few years ago and in a blink of an eye they fell hard and fast. They've got some great young talent, but nobody on that team scares me. Chicago will have money to throw around in the summer, but they aren't on anybodies A list.

mikantsass
01-02-2010, 02:56 PM
i'd go to Puerto Rico if they were paying me $23 mil per season...

lavilevi23
01-02-2010, 02:57 PM
If im Joe johnson, Bosh, Amare then yes.
LeBron or Wade no.

_Supreme_
01-02-2010, 02:59 PM
A free agent should always consider all his option.

Considering is not the same as actually going there in the end, though.

JordansBulls
01-02-2010, 03:00 PM

No. We are talking about would any of the big names consider playing in Chicago.

That includes not only Wade, but Lebron, Bosh, Amare, Boozer, Dirk, Tmac, Joe Johnson, Ray Allen, etc.

Ty Fast
01-02-2010, 03:08 PM

I totally I agree with you, but Chicago would be a very good place to play. Better than New York. If New Jersey gets the #1 pick I might put them ahead of Chicago, but it would be very close. Memphis would be good to, but I think they would be looking for more of a point guard.

abe_froman
01-02-2010, 03:17 PM
No. We are talking about would any of the big names consider playing in Chicago.

That includes not only Wade, but Lebron, Bosh, Amare, Boozer, Dirk, Tmac, Joe Johnson, Ray Allen, etc.

lebron-sure there's a chance,i'd say top one of the top 5(that includes staying)
bosh-pretty good
amare-i'd say not top choice but a chance
boozer-good one
dirk-doubtful
tmac-why wouldnt he? he need work(or pt)and he'd get it there
jj-shot but think he'd wanna stay in atl
ray allen-only if the c's dont want him back and bulls make a push,but i'm sure he's rather stay in bos

...seriously though jb,there's really no need to ask the question,some will and some wouldnt.its not that difficult to reach that conclusion on your own

Tony_Starks
01-02-2010, 03:42 PM
They should be on the top of the list. With the pieces they have in place they're literally one all star away from being contenders. AND they're young. They're going to be good for a long time. Put D Wade on that team and they would be a major problem!

Toenail Clipper
01-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Move this to the Chicago Bulls forum
:]

IversonIsKrazy
01-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Why not, U have two growing players in Rose & Deng, big market city, there missing that STAR PF or SG Stud. Bosh, Boozer, Stoud would all be great along side Rose.

ATX
01-02-2010, 04:37 PM

My bad, I should have clarified. A perfectly good question, I just assumed that since we're talking about Chicago as a possible destination that all the Bulls fans would start talking about Wade. I see that the thread is healthy thus far and hasn't regressed into a Wade to Chicago thread. I did want to mention that there are several other marquee names to pursue as well as Wade, such as the players you mentioned. I'm sure Chicago will land someone, but I'm thinking it's going to be a big, as opposed to a SG. I see one of Amare, Bosh, or Boozer ending up in Chicago.

Mavrix
01-02-2010, 04:48 PM

Dirk isn't leaving Dallas, you know this

kozelkid
01-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Really it depends on the player. A guy like Amare or Lebron appear to be guys who love the spot light. Then there are some of the players who just want to win and some who care about other variables like weather, etc. With that said, it depends on the player. But Chicago is certainly a possible destination cause it does well in alot of the categories like fan base, market size, decent team with a potential young star.
So to answer the question, it ultimately depends on the interest of the player, but it is certainly up there as a strong possibility.

Pauleboman
01-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Chicago is still a good city to play for especially for the players who dont have to worry about paying to park because if they did then it wouldnt be worth it..lol
I hope the Bulls change alot for 2010 because a few moves and they could contend.
I wanna thank the NBA again for this Bulls schedule of most back to back games and crud.
Derrick & Joe Noah though could attract a superstar though if management can make it happen.

Redbull
01-02-2010, 06:20 PM
If I was Wade yes because he grew up there. Maybe Amare, He could use a team change to start over since his years in Phoenix have been up and down.

Lord Leoshes
01-02-2010, 06:42 PM

Not a player that wants the max.
Other then that, & the weather, sure why not?

Lord Leoshes
01-02-2010, 06:54 PM

Beasley = $5mil
Cook = $2mil
Jones = $2mil buy out
Chalmers = $1mil Team option
Anthony = $1mil Player option
2 1st R Draft Picks = $3mil

= $14mil

Now i expect Pat to trade Jones, & cook away.

We would still have around $43/$44 mil to spend, & thats the most in the NBA.

Lord Leoshes
01-02-2010, 07:02 PM
A max contract for Wade, James or Bosh is the same no matter where they go, and it starts right around 15 million a year.

Chicago, Miami, NY and NJ will all have the cap space for one max contract, so none of them have an advantage in terms of money (except of course the teams which already have bird rights to one of three aforementioned players).

Chicago has some really nice pieces in place already, but they have a horrible coach and a history of bad management. They'll get somebody, just not sure who it'll be.

A max contract starts at $16 1/2 mil, not $15mil. & Chi has (If they renounce Thomas) a little over $10mil.
If Wade wants to sign for 5 years at $10mil with only an 8% increase, & lose close to ($70mil) in MIA, then that would be stupid. :facepalm:

tkshy
01-02-2010, 07:06 PM
It would be tough to consider the Bulls right now. Coaching is up in the air, they don't seem to be one player away. You have a great young PG who needs the ball in his hands, and not much else. Bulls fans will disagree with that I know, but it is true. They don't really have a TON of money to throw around either.
If you were a free agent would you go to CHI and hope they get a coach and some better players? or go to the sun, and beach of MIA and play with D.Wade?

_KB24_
01-02-2010, 07:12 PM
For the opportunity to play under the greatest coach of all time, VINNY DEL NEGRO, this should be a "HELL YA"!

To be honest, yeah, Chicago seems like a great city with passionate fans.

Bulls_fan90
01-02-2010, 07:30 PM

They have a fan base?? :speechless:

greg_ory_2005
01-02-2010, 07:57 PM
If they gimme a big contract, of course I'd go.

ChicagoFan4Eva
01-02-2010, 08:01 PM
heres a real question.. if your chicago which coach would u hire to attract the free agent

Vikings93
01-02-2010, 08:21 PM
i dont see lebron going there but i could see Dwade or bosh goin there.it would b cool 2 see bosh and rose together i think that wud b be a great duo.

smith&wesson
01-02-2010, 08:21 PM
chicago is a huge city. big market. a legend in mj played for them. if mj can play for them i would play for them
unless i was better then mj. then i would try to play baseball... basically i wanna be like mike lol

Ethix11
01-02-2010, 09:08 PM

JB said:

¨It used to be one of the worst franchises and places to be. Crowds used to be 8000 and less.¨

It wasent until after Jordan that your franchise turned around hypocrite and that being in a good economy. So with that said, a superstar can come and start their own legacy. Besides, its Miami and theres lots to do than just Basketball. Once we start winning again we can start being a top market like in 05 & 06 again.

Ethix11
01-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Chicago has Derrick Rose and an above average Center who needs to put on some strength. Their uniforms are cool too so i guess its alright. Theres also no reason why they cant make trades in the near future. Keyword..Future. Theres the cold weather mixed with the wind thats fairly unpleasant in a Central State. But thats ones personal opinion.

J_M_B
01-02-2010, 09:20 PM
They have a fan base?? :speechless:

A lot of us can't afford tickets. We were hit hardest by the economy behind Detriot.

We do have one of the larger fan bases on PSD, though...

zambo4president
01-02-2010, 09:20 PM
My 1st choice.

J_M_B
01-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Top choices: New York and Miami

I might consider Chicago..

JordansBulls
01-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Top choices: New York and Miami

I might consider Chicago..

Why would you consider NY over Chicago?

JDizzle
01-02-2010, 10:38 PM
nope

juggla53
01-02-2010, 11:14 PM

I agree, i dont see him leaveing miami, esspecially if the rumors are true about them having enough to spend on another one of the big free agents

Jack of Blades
01-02-2010, 11:19 PM
I would only go if Rose became more of a pure PG and if they fired Del Negro.

_KB24_
01-03-2010, 12:50 AM
Why would you consider NY over Chicago?

The "Mecca" of all arenas. Nuff said.

Jon23815
01-03-2010, 02:04 AM

However this one I like.

New Jersey
New York
Memphis
Miami
Minnesota

... you do know that the nets have the similar pieces plus more? Sure Rose might be better than Harris, but Lopez>>>>Noah. Plus they have other young stars such as CDR and some good young role players like Lee and Yi. They also have the most cap space this summer. I think outside of location (which wouldn't be a problem after one or two years) the Nets are a more attractive team for upcoming free agents.

xwashableclothx
01-03-2010, 02:22 AM
As a perimiter player always being compared to Jordan and knowing you can never surpass what Jordan did I would say no.

As a low post player I would maybe consider it.

abe_froman
01-03-2010, 02:31 AM
As a perimiter player always being compared to Jordan and knowing you can never surpass what Jordan did I would say no.

As a low post player I would maybe consider it.

depends on the mentality of the player,if he thinks he's that good(or might5 be able to)the challenge might be inciting

Cash
01-03-2010, 02:34 AM
It's definetly attractive. Ton of fans, and a rising star in Derrick Rose. I still don't see how NY is still a favorite for super stars. It's not like they can offer more money then the other big players in this years FA class, and the team overall really sucks.

Team*Chicago
01-03-2010, 03:06 AM
Flat tell you the truth, I say yes because of the city and Derrick Rose.

Chicagofaithful
01-03-2010, 03:32 AM
We are so frekan lucky to have Derrick rose... we really have no Business having him... lol

Jonathan2323
01-03-2010, 03:53 AM
Yes i would consider it, but i would chose Miami over Chicago. You can't beat the weather.

My second choice would be between Chicago and New York and who ever had the better team and offered me the most money that where i would go there.

PrettyBoyJ
01-03-2010, 04:01 AM
If I'm Chris Bosh or Amare I def go to Chicago.. Bulls need a dominant big man thr seems like there missing piece and if they got more money they should go for Wade as well and get rid of John salmons or give him a reserve role.. Or even if they get Joe Johnson instead of Wade tht still wud be a good look..

JordansBulls
01-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Yes i would consider it, but i would chose Miami over Chicago. You can't beat the weather.

My second choice would be between Chicago and New York and who ever had the better team and offered me the most money that where i would go there.

Hurricanes are worse than below 0.

Cubs Win
01-03-2010, 11:57 AM

Very true.

Evolution23
01-03-2010, 12:12 PM
I would be interested in Chicago but not before NYC.. I mean Knicks and Bulls are pretty comparable in terms of records. The Bulls and the Knicks are both playing really well recently and both teams have promising young players like Rose, Noah, Gallo, Chandler, Lee, Nate.. I could argue the Knicks have a better coach and a better city but thats just my opinion. Players like Lebron might prefer NYC over Chicago but players like Wade might want to go back home to Chicago. We just have to wait and see...

Cubs Win
01-03-2010, 01:08 PM
I would be interested in Chicago but not before NYC.. I mean Knicks and Bulls are pretty comparable in terms of records. The Bulls and the Knicks are both playing really well recently and both teams have promising young players like Rose, Noah, Gallo, Chandler, Lee, Nate.. I could argue the Knicks have a better coach and a better city but thats just my opinion. Players like Lebron might prefer NYC over Chicago but players like Wade might want to go back home to Chicago. We just have to wait and see...

Not trying to start a fight or anything, but IMO the Bulls players attract a player better than the Knicks would. Let's be real, Nate Robinson will probably be traded, so he'll have no effect whatsoever. David Lee, also a candidate for trade and there is a good chance he is traded or not resigned from what I've heard. And from what I've seen Gallo is kind of a chucker and Wilson Chandler can straight disappear from games. Meanwhile, the Bulls have Derrick Rose, probably the best young PG in the game (not including CP3 and D-Will), and Joakim Noah a great defensive center who is coming along offensively and is 2nd in the league in terms of rebounds per game. This goes along with Luol Deng, a SF that perhaps a step below all-star caliber, puts up 18/8.

With that said, New York has NYC. It has a legacy of being a great basketball city. However, Chicago is a great basketball (and sports in general) city in its own right.

Then there is the MJ factor. Especially for the elite wing players (mostly Wade/LeBron), coming to Chicago would draw comparisons to Michael Jordan. Ones which they probably could not live up to. But then it comes down to whether or not they see that as almost impossible to live up to hype, or as a challenge to be like Mike.

Based on the team's rosters, I'd say if the player want to win a championship, the better option is Chicago. If the player wants to become more of a global star, then the better option is New York (although Chicago wouldn't be horrible for that either).

dtmagnet
01-03-2010, 01:17 PM
If you were a star player wouldn't you examine all options? By that definition yes I'd consider Chicago.

Yankee Lifer
01-03-2010, 01:33 PM
No, only because no matter what you do you will never out due Jordan. I dont care who goes there and how many championships you win there, Jordan's name will always be on top in Chicago. As a player I would want to go to a team where I could possible be the king of the city like Jordan is.

ProdigyI
01-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Rose 30 last night. He's playing the way he should be, and as long as that happens, a big name is coming here in the summer

sunnydayin'zona
01-03-2010, 02:47 PM
If I was Wade yes because he grew up there. Maybe Amare, He could use a team change to start over since his years in Phoenix have been up and down.

since it looks like the suns will contend and have great team chemistry this year, and since amare has a 17 million dollar player option in phoenix, he will probably stay because he cannot get anything better, especially this coming year.

Lord Leoshes
01-03-2010, 07:28 PM
... you do know that the nets have the similar pieces plus more? Sure Rose might be better than Harris, but Lopez>>>>Noah. Plus they have other young stars such as CDR and some good young role players like Lee and Yi. They also have the most cap space this summer. I think outside of location (which wouldn't be a problem after one or two years) the Nets are a more attractive team for upcoming free agents.

Correction. MIAMI has the most cap space for 2010. Around $40mil.

NJ has $25,639,940 invested in players. with out team options on S Williams=$2,502,328, & C D Roberts=$854,389, + qualifying offer on J Boone=$2,992,887. = $31,989,544, add a 1st, & 2nd (thats another $4mil). with the cap at $53mil, you guy only have =$21,010,456 + what ever cap hold your team will have.

Lord Leoshes
01-03-2010, 07:51 PM

Then it would be MIA 1st, with NJN 2nd, CHI 3rd, & NYN 4th.

At least thats my opinion.

Lord Leoshes
01-03-2010, 07:53 PM
If I'm Chris Bosh or Amare I def go to Chicago.. Bulls need a dominant big man thr seems like there missing piece and if they got more money they should go for Wade as well and get rid of John salmons or give him a reserve role.. Or even if they get Joe Johnson instead of Wade tht still wud be a good look..

While your at it, why not add, Bron, & Amare. I think they might help the bulls?

Lord Leoshes
01-03-2010, 07:57 PM

Hurricanes come ones every few years & you have enough time to prepare. The F.<ked up weather up North is every year, for around 6 month out of a year. :facepalm:

Huge diference.

Super.
01-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Nope. The team sucks. The fanbase is a bunch of whining babies that would rip me apart if i did bad. Did i mention the team sucks?

Cubs Win
01-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Nope. The team sucks. The fanbase is a bunch of whining babies that would rip me apart if i did bad. Did i mention the team sucks?

And they took you guys to 7 games last year when Rose was a rookie, Noah was far from what he is now and Deng was hurt and didn't even play. Oh and did I mention that they took the Celtics to 7 games?

KG2TB
01-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Rose 30 last night. He's playing the way he should be, and as long as that happens, a big name is coming here in the summer

That's also a nice little point that hasn't been mentioned. If Rose keeps ballin the rest of the year and the Bulls end up .500 or a little bit better which I think they will, especially since their schedule is much easier the rest of the way...very good shot a top dog FA could sign up with the chi

b_rad23
01-03-2010, 10:15 PM
And they took you guys to 7 games last year when Rose was a rookie, Noah was far from what he is now and Deng was hurt and didn't even play. Oh and did I mention that they took the Celtics to 7 games?

Ben Gordon and the Bulls took the Celtics, without their best player, to 7 games.

Lakerfrk
01-03-2010, 10:21 PM
I would... for SURE... to have guys already around you like Joakim Noah, Derrick Rose, Luol Deng? If I'm a shooting guard (Dwayne Wade), I'd love to go there... and maybe even if I'm a power forward (Carlos Boozer).

Cubs Win
01-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Ben Gordon and the Bulls took the Celtics, without their best player, to 7 games.

Don't hate cause there's a good chance you might lose D-Wade. We're catchin up to you guys in the standings even though we played awful until the last few weeks.

Evolution23
01-03-2010, 11:47 PM
Not trying to start a fight or anything, but IMO the Bulls players attract a player better than the Knicks would. Let's be real, Nate Robinson will probably be traded, so he'll have no effect whatsoever. David Lee, also a candidate for trade and there is a good chance he is traded or not resigned from what I've heard. And from what I've seen Gallo is kind of a chucker and Wilson Chandler can straight disappear from games. Meanwhile, the Bulls have Derrick Rose, probably the best young PG in the game (not including CP3 and D-Will), and Joakim Noah a great defensive center who is coming along offensively and is 2nd in the league in terms of rebounds per game. This goes along with Luol Deng, a SF that perhaps a step below all-star caliber, puts up 18/8.

With that said, New York has NYC. It has a legacy of being a great basketball city. However, Chicago is a great basketball (and sports in general) city in its own right.

Then there is the MJ factor. Especially for the elite wing players (mostly Wade/LeBron), coming to Chicago would draw comparisons to Michael Jordan. Ones which they probably could not live up to. But then it comes down to whether or not they see that as almost impossible to live up to hype, or as a challenge to be like Mike.

Based on the team's rosters, I'd say if the player want to win a championship, the better option is Chicago. If the player wants to become more of a global star, then the better option is New York (although Chicago wouldn't be horrible for that either).

Well Nate Robinson just came back from 12 straight DNP's and put up 41 points to single handidly beat the Hawks. I don't know anyone on the Bulls that has that kind of ability on the Offensive end. Also you mention Nate being traded, but the only way the Knicks will let go of Nate is if another team takes Eddy Curry or Jared Jeffries. Curry is harder to trade than Jefferies because Jefferies is playing incredible Defense, the guy is all over the place on the Defensive end. Any team would like to get a package of a dynamic offensive player in Nate and a Defensive specialist in Jared. This trade will insure the Knicks have enough cap space for 2 max free agents next year (Lebron, Bosh?).

Also David Lee is not being traded, hes playing at an allstar level. He already said he wants to be a Knick for life just like Nate. THe Knicks just have to sign him next year. Next, Gallo is not a chucker, he shoots 42% from downtown, is a great passer, and defender. This "chucker" characteristic you describe is false because you don't watch Knick games. Wilson Chandler is coming off a summer where he had ankle surgery just like your boy Rose and just like Rose, Chandler is playing much better recently. Chandler is nearly a complete player, he plays great defense, has a good mid range game, and is a great a slasher.

I agree Rose is a great point guard and will continue to get better. Noah is a solid player also but the Knicks have more players that are playing at a high level. Bulls do not have a player's coach like Mike D'antoni who every superstar love to play for. Del Negro is not getting it done and even Bulls fans can agree with that. THe Knicks have more talent, better coaching, and a better future and its easy to see.

Cubs Win
01-04-2010, 12:27 AM
Well Nate Robinson just came back from 12 straight DNP's and put up 41 points to single handidly beat the Hawks. I don't know anyone on the Bulls that has that kind of ability on the Offensive end. Also you mention Nate being traded, but the only way the Knicks will let go of Nate is if another team takes Eddy Curry or Jared Jeffries. Curry is harder to trade than Jefferies because Jefferies is playing incredible Defense, the guy is all over the place on the Defensive end. Any team would like to get a package of a dynamic offensive player in Nate and a Defensive specialist in Jared. This trade will insure the Knicks have enough cap space for 2 max free agents next year (Lebron, Bosh?).

Also David Lee is not being traded, hes playing at an allstar level. He already said he wants to be a Knick for life just like Nate. THe Knicks just have to sign him next year. Next, Gallo is not a chucker, he shoots 42% from downtown, is a great passer, and defender. This "chucker" characteristic you describe is false because you don't watch Knick games. Wilson Chandler is coming off a summer where he had ankle surgery just like your boy Rose and just like Rose, Chandler is playing much better recently. Chandler is nearly a complete player, he plays great defense, has a good mid range game, and is a great a slasher.

I agree Rose is a great point guard and will continue to get better. Noah is a solid player also but the Knicks have more players that are playing at a high level. Bulls do not have a player's coach like Mike D'antoni who every superstar love to play for. Del Negro is not getting it done and even Bulls fans can agree with that. THe Knicks have more talent, better coaching, and a better future and its easy to see.

You mean the "player's coach" that sits someone for 12 straight games for being to flashy if even they may be the best player? That will work incredibly well with LeBron. Unless D'Antoni is a hypocrite and wouldn't hold LeBron out but who knows.

As for David Lee vs. Joakim Noah, Noah is a better center. He is 2 years younger and still developing offensively but can average double digits scoring and is a better rebounder (Noah is 2nd in the NBA in rebounds per game). For the 8 pts more per game that Lee gives offensively, his defense negates that and more, while Noah is a very good center defensively.

Then Wilson Chandler. He is very much like Deng expect less experienced. They are separated by less than a month age-wise, but Deng already has 3 full more seasons of NBA experience under his belt. Deng, however, consistently has a higher FG% and recently has shown to be much better than Wilson Chandler at the 3 ball.

For the last comparison, we'll use the 2008 draftees, Rose and Gallinari. I really shouldn't have to make an argument here about who these guys would rather play with, but I'll do it anyway. Rose is a better scorer because he not only now has a near deadly mid-range jumper but can get to the basket at will and score or draw a foul. Gallinari, while he can get to the basket sometimes, he obviously doesn't do it as well as Rose and can shoot his team out of a game from distance almost as easily as he can keep them in it. Then there is the fact that Gallinari's career assist percentage is 7.3%. Rose's career assist percentage is 29.1%. What does this mean? Gallinari is not very good at setting teammates up for baskets, especially in comparison to Rose. Not only that but Rose averages slightly more rebounds per game as well for their respective careers.

So clearly the Knicks do not have more talent, and certainly get less out of their talent than the Bulls. While the Knicks have the edge coach-wise, Vinny is on his way out and a new coach, probably at least a somewhat attractive one to free agents, will be on the way in. And the Knicks and better future don't even belong in the same sentence when being compared to the Bulls. The only real thing New York has going for it is NYC and the fact that it has a great basketball legacy (although not too great of one for its NBA team).

Evolution23
01-04-2010, 01:59 AM
You mean the "player's coach" that sits someone for 12 straight games for being to flashy if even they may be the best player? That will work incredibly well with LeBron. Unless D'Antoni is a hypocrite and wouldn't hold LeBron out but who knows.

D'antoni is a players coach because he benched Nate for being out of control in certain situations like shooting a 3 at his own basket with .5 left on the clock. Secondly the Knicks were playing great basketball in period when Nate did sit out (10-3 record). So as a coach should he disrupt the chemistry by adding a shoot first point guard to the mix or should he let the chemistry continue to develop. Then came a period when the Knicks lost 2 straight games and where their offense was not flowing properly. So what did Mike do? He put in a guy was a dynamic scorer of the bench named Nate Robinson. Nate was obviously eager to prove his worth to the team and dropped 41. Mike improvised depending on the situation and the NEED of the team hense motivating Nate to play at a high level. What did Del Negro ever do for the Bulls?

As for David Lee vs. Joakim Noah, Noah is a better center. He is 2 years younger and still developing offensively but can average double digits scoring and is a better rebounder (Noah is 2nd in the NBA in rebounds per game). For the 8 pts more per game that Lee gives offensively, his defense negates that and more, while Noah is a very good center defensively.

David Lee is hands down the better Offensive player and is still developing. David Lee consistently gets 20 plus points and double digit rebounds. His mid range jumper is spot on and he takes on bigger centers every game. Note David Lee is a power Forward (6'8'') that plays Center every night and still out rebounds most other centers. His defense is good for a guy that has to defend taller guys. Are you telling me 8 more points negates decent Defense? I find that hard to believe especially since the Bulls are a team that struggle on the offensive end.

Next Wilson Chandler. He is very much like Deng expect less experienced. They are separated by less than a month age-wise, but Deng already has 3 full more seasons of NBA experience under his belt. Deng, however, consistently has a higher FG% and recently has shown to be much better than Wilson Chandler at the 3 ball.

Like I said earlier Chandler is coming off ankle surgery and he is already putting up the same numbers as deng minus the 3 point shooting. Secondly Chandler is a better Defender and is more athletic. He is also a better finisher at the rim and is a good free throw shooter. Chandler is more versitile than Deng because he can play the 2,3, and 4 positions and can also defend all those three positions. Last 3-4 games Chandler is returning back to his regular form and overall he has a higher potential than Deng.

For the last comparison, we'll use the 2008 draftees, Rose and Gallinari. I really shouldn't have to make an argument here about who these guys would rather play with, but I'll do it anyway. Rose is a better scorer because he not only now has a near deadly mid-range jumper but can get to the basket at will and score or draw a foul. Gallinari, while he can get to the basket sometimes, he obviously doesn't do it as well as Rose and can shoot his team out of a game from distance almost as easily as he can keep them in it. Then there is the fact that Gallinari's career assist percentage is 7.3%. Rose's career assist percentage is 29.1%. What does this mean? Gallinari is not very good at setting teammates up for baskets, especially in comparison to Rose. Not only that but Rose averages slightly more rebounds per game as well for their respective careers.

Your comparing Rose to Gallinari? OK lets begin. You are stating that Rose has a deadly mid range game (true). So does Gallinari, in fact Gallinari is one of the best shooters in the NBA. Secondly Rose is a horrible 3 point shooter (21%) for his career compare that to Gallinari (41%) career shooting from downtown. He's leading the NBA in makes also. Gallo also plays better Defense and is averaging 1 block and 1 steal a game. We won't talk about rebounds because Gallo is a small forward and therefore averages more because of height. The same way we can't talk about assists because Rose is a point guard and averages more assists. But are you telling me 5 assists per game along with 3 turnovers is a great number for an elite point guard? Even Chris Duhon who is supposed to be a back up point guard is averaging 6.5 assists and 1.7 turnovers per game.

So yes we do have more talent thats without question. The legacy is questionable. NYC mecca of basketball but Chicago had the Jordan era. As of now the Knicks are a better team and are more available to future free agents.

Cubs Win
01-04-2010, 02:16 AM
You have got to be kidding me. I don't even know where to to start with this and honestly I don't have time for someone who obviously can't or doesn't want to understand the points I clearly stated. But I'll just say this, there is no way that the Knicks are a better team then the Bulls right now. The Bulls are a full game and a half better than the Knicks in the standings and have one of the toughest schedules in the league as well as the fact that the Bulls have just started playing to their potential in the last few weeks. Maybe I'm crazy but I think if I was a free agent of LeBron's or Wade's or Bosh's or whoever's caliber, I'd want to be on the best team I can be on, knowing that a max contract will come from almost every team. And the Bulls are clearly set up to win much better than the Knicks are. It's fact, that's why the Bulls have had much more success recently than the lowly Knicks.

Bullsfan22
01-04-2010, 05:52 AM
Honestly if i was a star and money is not a problem Miami would be my first choice to link up with wade (if he stays). Then my next choices would be a toss up between chicago and nyc, I'd probably go to the team with the better talent. As much as i love chicago, you have to be here to understand how special this city is. But Miami, those beaches and a chance to play with wade you can't really pass that up.

madiaz3
01-04-2010, 06:53 AM

I know we're not trying to start a fight, but I'm going to weigh in a bit here as someone who has seen more Knicks and almost as many Bulls games (NBA League Pass.)

If Lee or Nate is traded, they will without a doubt be paired with Jeffries or Curry...giving us salary that trumps both Chicago and rivals Miami. Even if they are not traded, any FA need only wait one season for both of them to expire. Lee's all-star play this season and Nate's 41 point performance are going to make them pretty valuable.

As for your claims about our talent:
Injuries before a season can really set you back, as you've seen with Rose. This was the expected leap years for Chandler and Rose but both started off sluggish with injuries but have had great Decembers.

Since he's been healthy Chandler's done everything but disappear.
December: 16.4ppg on 51%
Stopped shooting threes and is reaping the rewards still one of our better defenders.

Not a very fair assessment on Gallo considering "from what I've seen he's kind of a chucker." His raw FG% is iffy, but his TS% is way above average. Gallo shoots all open looks because he's the best three point shooter in the league. His first month had him shooting a ton of threes at about 50%, but now the entire league knows he can shoot, and he's doing what we all imagined and knew he could do back in Italy, taking kids off the dribble at 6'10 and being a huge mismatch. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rD26EFAo3A
Most impressive is his defense, in that he's actually one of our best, both in man to man and help defense. The kid has the goods, the only thing he needs to fully develop (he's shown flashes) are Dirk like post moves and this kid will be more than a star.

Rose is better talent currently, but the trio of Chandler/Lee/Gallo is looking pretty damn attractive to play with.

In any case, Chicago is desirable, but like its been said, moreso to a Wade/Bosh than Lebron.

Cubsfan365
01-04-2010, 01:27 PM
If I was a FA this coming summer, I would definitely consider Chicago. This isn't just me being a homer or anything, but we are a solid young team which is only missing a couple pieces. The fact that some Knicks fans think their team right now is better than the Bulls is completely laughable. Derrick Rose has been unstoppable lately and look for him to improve even more throughout the season, as well as the Bulls. The Knicks are just simply a bad team, and no one can honestly say that Chandler, Lee, Gallinari is a more intriguing trio than Rose, Deng, Noah.

madiaz3
01-04-2010, 02:26 PM
If I was a FA this coming summer, I would definitely consider Chicago. This isn't just me being a homer or anything, but we are a solid young team which is only missing a couple pieces. The fact that some Knicks fans think their team right now is better than the Bulls is completely laughable. Derrick Rose has been unstoppable lately and look for him to improve even more throughout the season, as well as the Bulls. The Knicks are just simply a bad team, and no one can honestly say that Chandler, Lee, Gallinari is a more intriguing trio than Rose, Deng, Noah.

To be honest that's all up to opinion. I wouldn't trade Deng for Chandler or Gallo straight up, not just because I don't think he is better, but both of them are much younger and will continue to improve. Noah and Lee are both insane rebounders, one is better on offense one is better on defense. The Knicks are not simply a bad team, so we majorly screwed up with our 1-9 start but have looked like a completely reformed team simply because they are and we have the coaching and management capable of doing so, unlike the so appealing Vinny Del Negro. Dantoni has proven he can abandon his Suns philosophy and have the KNICKS playing defense, what more can you ask?

We'll see you guys down the stretch fighting for 5th to 8th seeds.

dev0
01-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Not while Vinny's at the helm.

true, true
but if you have dwyane wade do you really even need a coach?

sep11ie
01-04-2010, 02:50 PM
JB said:

¨It used to be one of the worst franchises and places to be. Crowds used to be 8000 and less.¨

It wasent until after Jordan that your franchise turned around hypocrite and that being in a good economy. So with that said, a superstar can come and start their own legacy. Besides, its Miami and theres lots to do than just Basketball. Once we start winning again we can start being a top market like in 05 & 06 again.

And Beasely would smoke you out every day

Pierzynski4Prez
01-04-2010, 03:04 PM
To be honest that's all up to opinion. I wouldn't trade Deng for Chandler or Gallo straight up, not just because I don't think he is better, but both of them are much younger and will continue to improve. Noah and Lee are both insane rebounders, one is better on offense one is better on defense. The Knicks are not simply a bad team, so we majorly screwed up with our 1-9 start but have looked like a completely reformed team simply because they are and we have the coaching and management capable of doing so, unlike the so appealing Vinny Del Negro. Dantoni has proven he can abandon his Suns philosophy and have the KNICKS playing defense, what more can you ask?

We'll see you guys down the stretch fighting for 5th to 8th seeds.

You do know that Luol is only 24, don't you? Less than 2 years of age difference.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-04-2010, 03:07 PM

D'antoni is a players coach because he benched Nate for being out of control in certain situations like shooting a 3 at his own basket with .5 left on the clock. Secondly the Knicks were playing great basketball in period when Nate did sit out (10-3 record). So as a coach should he disrupt the chemistry by adding a shoot first point guard to the mix or should he let the chemistry continue to develop. Then came a period when the Knicks lost 2 straight games and where their offense was not flowing properly. So what did Mike do? He put in a guy was a dynamic scorer of the bench named Nate Robinson. Nate was obviously eager to prove his worth to the team and dropped 41. Mike improvised depending on the situation and the NEED of the team hense motivating Nate to play at a high level. What did Del Negro ever do for the Bulls?

lol, in your post right before, you were saying how good nate is for dropping 41, then in this post, you go to defend D'Antoni for benching him for like 13 games, which one is it boss?

Cubsfan365
01-04-2010, 03:17 PM
I know we're not trying to start a fight, but I'm going to weigh in a bit here as someone who has seen more Knicks and almost as many Bulls games (NBA League Pass.)

If Lee or Nate is traded, they will without a doubt be paired with Jeffries or Curry...giving us salary that trumps both Chicago and rivals Miami. Even if they are not traded, any FA need only wait one season for both of them to expire. Lee's all-star play this season and Nate's 41 point performance are going to make them pretty valuable.

As for your claims about our talent:
Injuries before a season can really set you back, as you've seen with Rose. This was the expected leap years for Chandler and Rose but both started off sluggish with injuries but have had great Decembers.

Since he's been healthy Chandler's done everything but disappear.
December: 16.4ppg on 51%
Stopped shooting threes and is reaping the rewards still one of our better defenders.

Not a very fair assessment on Gallo considering "from what I've seen he's kind of a chucker." His raw FG% is iffy, but his TS% is way above average. Gallo shoots all open looks because he's the best three point shooter in the league. His first month had him shooting a ton of threes at about 50%, but now the entire league knows he can shoot, and he's doing what we all imagined and knew he could do back in Italy, taking kids off the dribble at 6'10 and being a huge mismatch. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rD26EFAo3A
Most impressive is his defense, in that he's actually one of our best, both in man to man and help defense. The kid has the goods, the only thing he needs to fully develop (he's shown flashes) are Dirk like post moves and this kid will be more than a star.

Rose is better talent currently, but the trio of Chandler/Lee/Gallo is looking pretty damn attractive to play with.

In any case, Chicago is desirable, but like its been said, moreso to a Wade/Bosh than Lebron.
Okay, that's fair. But even your coach D'Antoni showed some regret that he didn't take the Bulls job when he could have, so that should say something as well. And by the way, there's no chance Vinny will be coach by next season.

arkanian215
01-04-2010, 03:41 PM

NJ has $25,639,940 invested in players. with out team options on S Williams=$2,502,328, & C D Roberts=$854,389, + qualifying offer on J Boone=$2,992,887. = $31,989,544, add a 1st, & 2nd (thats another $4mil). with the cap at $53mil, you guy only have =$21,010,456 + what ever cap hold your team will have.

you're assuming that the team picks up all of those. the team already declined swat's option for next year. we'll pick up cdr's and drop boone's.

we'll have these guys
devin harris - 8,981,000
yi jianlian - 4,050,499
eduardo najera - 3,000,000
brook lopez - 2,413,320
terrence williams - 2,214,480
courtney lee - 1,352,640
cdr - 854,389
total - 22,866,328

keyon dooling is only guaranteed 500k if we cut him.
so throw that 500k in there and most likely a buyout for najera (even if we do pay him the full that's 23.3 mil in salaries. we will not offer boone a new contract.
so we get about 29,633,672 in cap space. we decline the rights to battie, alston, boone, swat, hassell, hayes, and simmons.

Cool007
01-04-2010, 03:42 PM
As far as Coach goes. Vinny is pretty much out the door - unless Bulls make a HUGE run and be in the 2nd round or Conf. Finals - NEITHER are going to happen so Vinny is pretty much gone.

His job is saved by Tyrus getting back and Rose becoming a star - main reasons for Bulls' 4-game winning streak and Vinny's safe for now.

Bulls can tell that max free agent - okay you pick and choose which coach do you want that is available and we will make sure to get him at any cost. That is another incentive to have.

Also, to those saying that Miami can resign Wade and should be able to sign another free agent. Well, they would have to renounce Wade first and they would lose the bird rights - also if they do that, they can only sign Wade to 5-year contract.

That is a HUGE risk coz Wade might not even resign - if it's only for 5-year - instead of them using his bird rights and give him 6-years max contract. Coz if they don't renounce his rights and sign him, then there is no way they can sign another top free agent.

That is what my understanding is. tell me if I am wrong.

arkanian215
01-04-2010, 04:01 PM

Room for two? ESPN’s Chad Ford has crunched cap space numbers for the 2010 Free Agent Race and it’s really not that close. Nets are #1. “New Jersey”, writes Ford, “has one of the best opportunities to land a big-time free agent. The Nets are likely to be somewhere between $25 million and $27 million under the cap”. The Knicks and Heat will have space too, but have to fill more roster spots.
http://www.netsdaily.com/?p=8504
the heat are losing key components to FA. haslem is an impact player for them and every team needs one of those. suppose they decline all of their options then what?

miami
returning players: beasley, james jones (1.86 mil guaranteed), cook, joel anthony, mario chalmers
possible cap holds: wade
new york
returning players: eddy curry, jared jeffries, gallinari, hill, chandler and douglas
possible cap holds: al harrington, david lee
new jersey
returning players: devin harris, keyon dooling (500k guaranteed), yi jianlian, eduardo najera, brook lopez, terrence williams, courtney lee, chris douglas roberts
possible cap holds: none

Pierzynski4Prez
01-04-2010, 04:09 PM
If say like LBJ, Wade, Bosh, Stout all resign with their current teams this offseason, I think there are going to be a lot of just horribly bad teams in the NBA next year.

Evolution23
01-04-2010, 04:12 PM
You have got to be kidding me. I don't even know where to to start with this and honestly I don't have time for someone who obviously can't or doesn't want to understand the points I clearly stated. But I'll just say this, there is no way that the Knicks are a better team then the Bulls right now. The Bulls are a full game and a half better than the Knicks in the standings and have one of the toughest schedules in the league as well as the fact that the Bulls have just started playing to their potential in the last few weeks. Maybe I'm crazy but I think if I was a free agent of LeBron's or Wade's or Bosh's or whoever's caliber, I'd want to be on the best team I can be on, knowing that a max contract will come from almost every team. And the Bulls are clearly set up to win much better than the Knicks are. It's fact, that's why the Bulls have had much more success recently than the lowly Knicks.

I responded to everything you said and argued fairly but now your just aurguing on the basis of a game and a half lead over NY. So a max player is going to sign with the Bulls because they have a game and a half lead over NY? Dont think so, more likely they will look at all the facts I stated earlier.

Evolution23
01-04-2010, 04:22 PM
lol, in your post right before, you were saying how good nate is for dropping 41, then in this post, you go to defend D'Antoni for benching him for like 13 games, which one is it boss?

I said D'antoni knows how to coach because he disciplines players when they are not playing the right way. When Nate was being immature with his antics Mike benched him and what happened? The Knicks went 10-3 in December! Then the next two games they had trouble scoring, so Mike inserted Nate of the bench to give us SOME scoring. We got a a guy who came in motivated to get back in the lineup and scored 41 in his first game back... So the basic point of the paragraph that you took out of context was D'Antoni is a coach who is flexible in making the team better. Read the whole thing before you criticize my reading.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-04-2010, 04:24 PM
I said D'antoni knows how to coach because he disciplines players when they are not playing the right way. When Nate was being immature with his antics Mike benched him and what happened? The Knicks went 10-3 in December! Then the next two games they had trouble scoring, so Mike inserted Nate of the bench to give us SOME scoring. We got a a guy who came in motivated to get back in the lineup and scored 41 in his first game back... So the basic point of the paragraph that you took out of context was D'Antoni is a coach who is flexible in making the team better. Read the whole thing before you criticize my reading.

I read it all, you were praising Nate for dropping 41 and saying that nobody on the bulls could do that. So if he's that good, how does he get benched for 13 games while the team does a ton better?

Evolution23
01-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Okay, that's fair. But even your coach D'Antoni showed some regret that he didn't take the Bulls job when he could have, so that should say something as well. And by the way, there's no chance Vinny will be coach by next season.

When did he ever show regret? Mike said he loves NYC and that is the reason he took the job.

JordansBulls
01-04-2010, 05:49 PM
As far as Coach goes. Vinny is pretty much out the door - unless Bulls make a HUGE run and be in the 2nd round or Conf. Finals - NEITHER are going to happen so Vinny is pretty much gone.

His job is saved by Tyrus getting back and Rose becoming a star - main reasons for Bulls' 4-game winning streak and Vinny's safe for now.

Bulls can tell that max free agent - okay you pick and choose which coach do you want that is available and we will make sure to get him at any cost. That is another incentive to have.

Also, to those saying that Miami can resign Wade and should be able to sign another free agent. Well, they would have to renounce Wade first and they would lose the bird rights - also if they do that, they can only sign Wade to 5-year contract.

That is a HUGE risk coz Wade might not even resign - if it's only for 5-year - instead of them using his bird rights and give him 6-years max contract. Coz if they don't renounce his rights and sign him, then there is no way they can sign another top free agent.

That is what my understanding is. tell me if I am wrong.

We can make the 2nd round if we play Atlanta or Orlando.

Cubs Win
01-04-2010, 06:31 PM
I responded to everything you said and argued fairly but now your just aurguing on the basis of a game and a half lead over NY. So a max player is going to sign with the Bulls because they have a game and a half lead over NY? Dont think so, more likely they will look at all the facts I stated earlier.

Just because you responded to what I said doesn't mean you successfully disputed what I said. The fact is that the Bulls are better now. And they have a better young core for the future in Rose-Deng-Noah in comparison to Nate-Chandler-Gallo-Lee. So I'm not sure what "facts" you're referring to but like I said before, other than the city itself, New York doesn't compare well with Chicago in terms of attracting free agents.

ramsizzle
01-05-2010, 03:18 AM
im sick of this new york is the mecca crap. nyc isnt anything when it comes to basketball. YOU HAVENT WON A CHAMPIONSHIP IN 30 SOME ODD YEARS. if you are talking street basketball and all that stuff its one thing. this is the nba, and most of the people on this forum werent sperm when the knicks were champions.

rocky4104
01-05-2010, 03:54 AM
there are more enticing ones, like LA, miami, NY (being the basketball mecca as some people say) but i wont mind going to CHI, follow in MJ's footsteps, that's enough incentive for me

Evolution23
01-05-2010, 09:30 AM
This is a endless arguement. Even if you present stats and facts in a logical fashion, they still disregard it.. Fine, I will agree to disagree.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-05-2010, 09:41 AM
im sick of this new york is the mecca crap. nyc isnt anything when it comes to basketball. YOU HAVENT WON A CHAMPIONSHIP IN 30 SOME ODD YEARS. if you are talking street basketball and all that stuff its one thing. this is the nba, and most of the people on this forum werent sperm when the knicks were champions.

x2, not to mention they haven't signed any top players in free agency in who knows how long, but hey, they are all going to miraculously sigh this year.

king4day
01-05-2010, 10:08 AM
I say no, but not because I don't think they are a good destination with talent.
I just stand by the thinking, "I have a chance to turn a Clippers franchise into an elite team".
Hell, even the Bobcats would be ideal if they could free up room.
Trade Jackson and another player for expirings and sign Lebron or Wade. That team would be elite its first year.

madiaz3
01-05-2010, 02:41 PM
x2, not to mention they haven't signed any top players in free agency in who knows how long, but hey, they are all going to miraculously sigh this year.

Name some in the past decade that we have actually had the money to sign. We've never had enough money for a top/max and then could not attract one. We've just never had the money due to terrible management decisions.

GiantMetKnick
01-05-2010, 02:51 PM
I would want to play for Chicago. Good city, good fans, good roster.

Hinrich, Rose, Deng, Noah... 4 established players to compliment a stud.

Turtle55
01-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Raise your hand if you knew exactly who created this thread as soon as you read the title.

DaBUU
01-05-2010, 03:44 PM
I think Lebrons ego is big enough for him to think he can take any team he plays on to the finals. IMO i think there is a real strong chance he goes to NY, they do have a couple decent pieces already in place in Chandler and Gallo. Ending up with DWade or Joe Johnson is fine with me, especially if GarPax can swing a deal for Boozer sometime soon.

Sixerlover
01-05-2010, 03:54 PM
I would go to Chi-Town if I was a FA. They have the $ for you, it's a great basketball town, and they have a young star in D.Rose. I'd just need them to commit more to winning now and finally deal some of their quantity of solid players for another star.

8kobe24
01-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Chicago has a good young core, and an up and coming star in Rose, not to mention that this is also a big market team, with great fans. If I was a star free agent, what's not to love?

NetsPaint
01-05-2010, 04:03 PM
LBJ might want his number retired next to Jordan's, who knows?

Pierzynski4Prez
01-05-2010, 04:05 PM
I think Lebrons ego is big enough for him to think he can take any team he plays on to the finals. IMO i think there is a real strong chance he goes to NY, they do have a couple decent pieces already in place in Chandler and Gallo. Ending up with DWade or Joe Johnson is fine with me, especially if GarPax can swing a deal for Boozer sometime soon.

what happened that makes you think that? He's gotten to the finals ONCE and he got swept. I doubt he really thinks that, hence him walking off the court and not congratulating the magic last year.

DaBUU
01-05-2010, 04:34 PM
what happened that makes you think that? He's gotten to the finals ONCE and he got swept. I doubt he really thinks that, hence him walking off the court and not congratulating the magic last year.

Nothing happened, just get that vibe the dude is really into himself. My impression of why he walked off the court is cuz the Magic didnt deserve to win, bad ref'n and coaching, etc. My point was, the fact NY doesnt have a great supporting cast in place already isnt as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be. He knows they dont wont have the cast in place as soon as he gets there, but with all the other exposure he gets in NY and the fact that he gets to play in NY, will outweigh that. I know he gets a lot of exposure in CLE and can make more with his contract staying with them, but as a business and a brand, which he considers himself to be, theres no better merger than Lebron 'King' James and NYC. Obvioulsy i dont know what hes thinking, just my guess.

JordansBulls
01-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Raise your hand if you knew exactly who created this thread as soon as you read the title.

:confused:

daleja424
01-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Here's my thinking... if you are a superstar looking to win a title and you can go to the following teams... which would you pick:

a team that is 17-15
a team that is 14-19
a team that is 14-20
a team that is 2-31

This is why i believe Miami has the edge with FAs this summer. If they are a playoff team without Lebron or Bosh or someone they would be that much better with them

Id say that the teams stack up in this order:
1. Miami (best team and great city)
2. New York (second best team and great market)
3. Chicago (tied for second best team but not as good of a market)
4. New Jersey (bad team)

Pierzynski4Prez
01-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Here's my thinking... if you are a superstar looking to win a title and you can go to the following teams... which would you pick:

a team that is 17-15
a team that is 14-19
a team that is 14-20
a team that is 2-31

This is why i believe Miami has the edge with FAs this summer. If they are a playoff team without Lebron or Bosh or someone they would be that much better with them

Id say that the teams stack up in this order:
1. Miami (best team and great city)
2. New York (second best team and great market)
3. Chicago (tied for second best team but not as good of a market)
4. New Jersey (bad team)

Sorry, but really? 30 some games into the season, and you think one of those guys will make a decision on where they will live and play the next 5+ years off 1 team being 17-15 over 2 others being 14-19 and 14-20? Come on man. I could see them picking a 40 win team over a 20 win team at seasons end, but not like 42 wins over 40 wins or something like that. There are much more factors than a small win difference between miami, NY, and CHI, and we probably won't have any idea of what those are until these guys have made their decisions.

miller74
01-06-2010, 01:24 PM
D Wade could end up there
also i could see Bosh ending up there.
You think they could work a sign and trade for Bosh with Deng involved?

MDfootball36
01-06-2010, 01:41 PM
nah

Pierzynski4Prez
01-06-2010, 01:51 PM
D Wade could end up there
also i could see Bosh ending up there.
You think they could work a sign and trade for Bosh with Deng involved?

If they did that, they could potentially then land 1 of the other top FA' on top of geting Bosh. Probably just a dream though. Rose-Wade or JJ-Bosh and Noah is a good nucleus.

daleja424
01-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Sorry, but really? 30 some games into the season, and you think one of those guys will make a decision on where they will live and play the next 5+ years off 1 team being 17-15 over 2 others being 14-19 and 14-20? Come on man. I could see them picking a 40 win team over a 20 win team at seasons end, but not like 42 wins over 40 wins or something like that. There are much more factors than a small win difference between miami, NY, and CHI, and we probably won't have any idea of what those are until these guys have made their decisions.

Of course Im not basing it on 30 games.

If I was ranking the teams on paper they would def be:
1. Miami

2. Chicago

3. New Jersey

4. New York

based on best cities/markets:
1. New York

2. Miami

3. Chiacgo

4. New Jersey

OVERALL:
1. Miami
2. New York

3. Chicago

4. New Jersey

Cubs Win
01-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Especially when you consider that Wade is making the decision, say between Miami and Chicago. He won't compare how Miami plays with him to how Chicago plays without him. Clearly if Wade somehow (hypothetically) was playing for both teams, Chicago would be better. And how is Miami a better city/bigger market to play in compared to Chicago. Chicago is number one in the league in attendance. Miami is seventeenth in attendance. Chicago is also a bigger market if a player wanted to become a worldwide star, especially with all the Michael Jordan hype that would come if a superstar like Wade or LeBron came to Chicago. The only thing Miami has on Chicago is the weather and beaches. And you think that is going to be the deciding factor on what team a player wants to spend 5 years of these players' career when many of them will be in their prime with their best shot at a title?

daleja424
01-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Especially when you consider that Wade is making the decision, say between Miami and Chicago. He won't compare how Miami plays with him to how Chicago plays without him. Clearly if Wade somehow (hypothetically) was playing for both teams, Chicago would be better. And how is Miami a better city/bigger market to play in compared to Chicago. Chicago is number one in the league in attendance. Miami is seventeenth in attendance. Chicago is also a bigger market if a player wanted to become a worldwide star, especially with all the Michael Jordan hype that would come if a superstar like Wade or LeBron came to Chicago. The only thing Miami has on Chicago is the weather and beaches. And you think that is going to be the deciding factor on what team a player wants to spend 5 years of these players' career when many of them will be in their prime with their best shot at a title?

if we are talking about wade we will probably be comparing chicago how it is now to miami + lebron or bosh... seeing as miami can afford another superstar on top of wade and still have 10+ mil to spend...

much rather have a wade/bron/beasley core then ANYTHING the bulls can offer

and don't underestimate the effect that warm weather and beaches can have on a player. and why would wade wanna play in Jordan's shadow. All he would hear for the next 10 years is how he didn't live up to MJ...

b_rad23
01-06-2010, 03:26 PM
if we are talking about wade we will probably be comparing chicago how it is now to miami + lebron or bosh... seeing as miami can afford another superstar on top of wade and still have 10+ mil to spend...

and don't underestimate the effect that warm weather and beaches can have on a player. and why would wade wanna play in Jordan's shadow. All he would hear for the next 10 years is how he didn't live up to MJ...

good post. this is what most fans don't grasp. it's not going to be the same team at all.

with all that cap, the worst product we could possibly put up would have butler beasley and kaman with haslem and qrich and all coming back, and that's if all else fails.

mario
wade
butler
beasley
kaman

is still well better than

rose
wade
deng
tyrus
noah

with no shooting, average defense and no post scoring AT ALL

Cubs Win
01-06-2010, 03:31 PM

But what is the likelihood of Miami getting Bosh and/or LeBron? It's slightly less than the chances of Wade leaving in my opinion. You could say the same thing about the Bulls if they make a trade (or sign and trade for Bosh) as some believe they will. Rose-Wade-Bosh is far superior to Wade-Beasley (because I have a feeling LeBron will be staying in Cleveland or heading to New Jersey).

Also don't underestimate the effect of playing for your hometown in Wade's case. Also, people wouldn't expect any of these guys to be the next MJ. MJ is the greatest player of all-time and no reasonable fan would expect this and six championships out of Wade. But he would be playing in the same arena that MJ called home with one of the best young PGs in the game.

Gibby23
01-06-2010, 03:33 PM
good post. this is what most fans don't grasp. it's not going to be the same team at all.

with all that cap, the worst product we could possibly put up would have butler beasley and kaman with haslem and qrich and all coming back, and that's if all else fails.

mario
wade
butler
beasley
kaman

rose
wade
deng
tyrus
noah

But you don't have those guys.

Cubs Win
01-06-2010, 03:35 PM

mario
wade
butler
beasley
kaman

rose
wade
deng
tyrus
noah

Uhh no. First off, Tyrus most likely will not be back. The main target at PF is Bosh and Boozer after him. There is a good chance one of them will be a Bull next year. Second, just no.

Cubs Win
01-06-2010, 03:35 PM
But you don't have those guys.

Exactly! :clap:

Cubsfan365
01-06-2010, 03:43 PM

How the hell does Miami have a better market than Chicago?? Take off your homer glasses

smuffins353
01-06-2010, 03:58 PM
SCREW THE MARKET!!!! why would you want to go to these teams that are obviously a few years away from making a run....

personally if i were a free agent and winning a championship was my goal (ALA LeBron) I would go to the Houston Rockets...

they are doing work without Yao, Tmac, Artest now imagine if this team had a LeBron or Dwade

thats scary

Cubsfan365
01-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Haha yeah the rockets...:rolleyes:

Gibby23
01-06-2010, 04:11 PM

He wouldn't hear any of that. People know MJ is in his own class. I think by going to Chicago he can gain more popularity if he brings the Bulls to a contending or championship level than he has reached in Miami. Chicago is a bigger market than Miami and a way better sports town with a richer history.

Cubsfan365
01-06-2010, 04:43 PM
He wouldn't hear any of that. People know MJ is in his own class. I think by going to Chicago he can gain more popularity if he brings the Bulls to a contending or championship level than he has reached in Miami. Chicago is a bigger market than Miami and a way better sports town with a richer history.
Amen