PDA

View Full Version : Nate robinson reactivated

BkOriginalOne
01-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Nate has been in the Doghouse for D'Antoni as many know.
He has not played a game since Dec 1st 2009!

Nate Robinson - first game back in 38 mins of action.
41 points, 8 assists, 6 boards and a steal.
18-24 fg 3-5 from 3.

Thoughts?
Perfect time to move him?

Jonathan2323
01-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Nate the Great!

Mavrix
01-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Perfect time to trade him.

TheWatcher34
01-01-2010, 11:21 PM
perfect time for the knicks forum...

iggypop123
01-01-2010, 11:23 PM
good luck trading him, cause everyone will lowball even more now

Chacarron
01-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Perfect time to trade him.

Agree.

kntresistheheat
01-01-2010, 11:24 PM
and the best part is they WON!!!! Coach is a dumb ***!!!

Slimsim
01-01-2010, 11:30 PM

Agreed

NYKnickFanatic
01-01-2010, 11:32 PM
He won that game for us. He was simply amazing. No one on the Hawks could hold him.

uncleben989
01-01-2010, 11:33 PM

ya i've questioned alot of d'antonis decisions with the knicks

SaimoNETS
01-01-2010, 11:34 PM
NATE!!! :speechless:

BkOriginalOne
01-01-2010, 11:35 PM
The Knicks were playing great without Nate.
I think Coach just grounded him.
NO BASKETBALL FOR A MONTH!

NYKnickFanatic
01-01-2010, 11:39 PM
The Knicks were playing great without Nate.
I think Coach just grounded him.
NO BASKETBALL FOR A MONTH!

I wouldnt say great, I would say better than usual.

BADKNEES
01-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Nate is like a big piece of cake to someone on a diet.

It seems great at first but you'll regret it for a long time to come.

Don't eat the cake.

ElishaJ1030
01-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Only way you move him is if you trade Curry or Jeffries too...otherwise, he stays and worked his way back into the rotation...

THE MTL
01-02-2010, 12:03 AM
KryptoNate!

_KB24_
01-02-2010, 12:05 AM
D'Antoni should be told to shut the **** up and set his ego aside. Nate is their best player.

RaptorsFanatic
01-02-2010, 12:23 AM
95% sure he's getting showcased and shipped, but if I'm wrong, I can undoubtedly call D'Antoni a ****ing dumbass for giving him 14 straight DNPs without any legitimate reasoning.

knicks09
01-02-2010, 12:36 AM
NATE ROBINSON IS A PROBLEM !! He was on fire tonight and almost had a triple double

BADKNEES
01-02-2010, 12:40 AM
95% sure he's getting showcased and shipped, but if I'm wrong, I can undoubtedly call D'Antoni a ****ing dumbass for giving him 14 straight DNPs without any legitimate reasoning.

In general I think many people are bashing Dantoni for not playing Nate while this was actually a "management" decision. Management consists of Donny Walsh and Mike D'Antoni.

The NY Knicks have been a terrible basketball team for over a decade in the mecca of basketball NYC. This is a losing culture that must be changed. MSG brought in Walsh and D'Antoni to make changes in that culture ...starting with attitude. The Knicks are trying to become a respectable team both on and off the court. The Marbury debacle was the last straw. The are looking for "character" guys to fill their lockerroom. Apparently they don't feel Nate is the right player to lead the charge toward respectability.

When the Portland Jailblazers were trying to change their image, they had to clean house. Take a step backwards with the hope of taking two steps forward. And if they're big guys stayed healthy they may have made some great strides. But they realized that they needed to change the culture of what was acceptable on the team. They had to bench certain players and move certain players and the growing pains were horrible at times but less than 10 years later, they are hitting their stride.

Basketball is a business and nowhere is it bigger business than in NY. The Garden needs a team that the people of NY can embrace. Character guys that play together and win.

So bash Coach D all you want but remember there is a method to the madness and a reason behind all the decisions. It is the hope to bring an overall better product to the Knick fan. Playing Nate is not going to get you to the playoffs or give you a 50 win series. Re-vamping this team is what needs to be done and I give the Bosses kudos for sticking to their guns and thinking long term success.

Giaps
01-02-2010, 12:40 AM
Knicks are winning more than they are losing and D'Antoni is a dumbass? I'd rethink that one. I agreed with the benching and Nate even admitted it helped him put things in perspective.

nysportsfan30
01-02-2010, 12:50 AM
Clearly he still has value, should package him with Jefferies

AddiX
01-02-2010, 12:56 AM
funny how quickly people forgot that we won more games in one month of him sitting than when he was playing.

I'm not saying I don't like Nate but it seems no matter what antonio does he loses with a lot of fans.

Maybe the stats he put up had something to do with realizing he had to get his ***** together?

aNYer
01-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Knicks are winning more than they are losing and D'Antoni is a dumbass? I'd rethink that one. I agreed with the benching and Nate even admitted it helped him put things in perspective.

funny how quickly people forgot that we won more games in one month of him sitting than when he was playing.

I'm not saying I don't like Nate but it seems no matter what antonio does he loses with a lot of fans.

Maybe the stats he put up had something to do with realizing he had to get his ***** together?

Yup, to both posts.
Nate CAN do this every night, but he does not. He makes a lot of dumb decisions. Tonight he actually stayed close to the man he was defending. he isn't a great defender by any means but wide open is much easier then covered even by a bad defender. He gambles and leaves his man A LOT yet look at how few steals he gets.
If he keeps playing like this, then he can help us win, but winning actually matters to our coach not scoring and a cross over like most fans, so I am going to stick with coach on this.

Tony_Starks
01-02-2010, 03:35 PM
D'Antoni should be told to shut the **** up and set his ego aside. Nate is their best player.

Damn right! Nate made him look like a complete idiot last night. The numbers speak for themselves AND he's their most popular player.

For those that said they played better w/o him they were 8-6. While for the Knicks Im sure thats spectacular, that's really not that great and DEFINITELY not significant enough to bench their best scorer.

Hopefully this outburst will get his value up so they can ship him to a good team, this dude deserves to play!

jkiddvc20
01-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Nate was pretty damn unstoppable last night.

kblo247
01-03-2010, 02:03 AM
One could hope that him being played last night and Farmar closing games recently goes hand and hand

SA5195
01-03-2010, 02:22 AM
Not playing for 1 month, then coming back scoring 41 points, is pretty amazing.