PDA

View Full Version : Arenas and Crittenton drew guns at eachother

kurivaimu
01-01-2010, 10:20 AM
"NBA all-star Gilbert Arenas and his Washing ton Wizards teammate Javaris Crittenton drew guns on each other in the team's locker room during a Christmas Eve dispute over a gambling debt, The Post has learned"

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/nba_gunpoint_R52AnT76DRgTSuVKDQ8XBO#ixzz0bN1r0oRO

Raps18-19 Champ
01-01-2010, 10:25 AM
:guns:

Bullsfan22
01-01-2010, 10:35 AM
wow, his career is going down the drain.

Teeboy1487
01-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Just wow. I could not even fathom this in my wildest dreams. That's how bizarre this situation is. The nba should really discipline them. Someone innocent could have been hurt. I hope the Washington authorities do handle this situation.

Slimsim
01-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Agent Zero

DakotaGuy
01-01-2010, 10:54 AM
There has to be discipline. Good thing they're not the "Bullets" anymore, to give the appearance of violence.

loki34
01-01-2010, 10:57 AM
crazy!

AllKohn
01-01-2010, 11:06 AM
I have read 2 reasons for the gun drawn conflict.

A First one says Arenas was arguing that all professional basketball sucks and hasn't been worth watching since 1990. The other guy argues it sucked as of 93'.

The second reason is simply they are worthless gutter rats.

Support real sports--Ban the NBA

ChiSox219
01-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Hilarious!

Reversed86Curse
01-01-2010, 11:11 AM
i have read 2 reasons for the gun drawn conflict.

A first one says arenas was arguing that all professional basketball sucks and hasn't been worth watching since 1990. The other guy argues it sucked as of 93'.

The second reason is simply they are worthless gutter rats.

Support real sports--ban the nba

wtf?

ldawg
01-01-2010, 11:12 AM
I would supend them for the remainder of the year. These dude make millions and they act like dumb hood 17yr olds.

ldawg
01-01-2010, 11:14 AM
I would supend them for the remainder of the year. These dude make millions and they act like dumb hood 17yr olds. If anyone else take a gun to work they would get fired. They won't be miss.

thephoenixson28
01-01-2010, 11:15 AM
What the hell this isn't the "western" conference

Get the punchline eh eh eh

Giannis94
01-01-2010, 11:18 AM

:drum:

way to go Agent @$$ Hole

thephoenixson28
01-01-2010, 11:23 AM
way to go Agent ******* Shut the hell up queer bait. It was a joke you know people laugh at them.

ChiSox219
01-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Shut the hell up queer bait. It was a joke you know people laugh at them.

They don't laugh at the bad jokes

Giantwarrior
01-01-2010, 11:27 AM

HAHAHAHAHHAHA.................umm...not funny at all.

steveshane67
01-01-2010, 11:27 AM
I would supend them for the remainder of the year. These dude make millions and they act like dumb hood 17yr olds. If anyone else take a gun to work they would get fired. They won't be miss.

first off, you cant call some dumb hood 17yr olds when you dont even know how to write. its if anyone else TOOK a gun... and they wont be MISSED.

secondly, do you know if the guns were loaded? that makes a big difference. im not defending them, im just playing devils advocate

thirdly, if you think this is a worth a ~50 games suspension, then what length of suspensions do you think are merited for other wrongdoings? ie, throwing a punch in a game is even given nearly the same reprimand as what you think drawing a gun does, what about getting a DUI, what about domestic abuse....

m26555
01-01-2010, 11:33 AM
I don't know what's worse; the fact that Arenas pulled a gun out to begin with, or that Crittenton was able to pull out one of his own in a matter of seconds.

Fresno
01-01-2010, 11:40 AM
I don't know what's worse; the fact that Arenas pulled a gun out to begin with, or that Crittenton was able to pull out one of his own in a matter of seconds.

The situation is getting very sad in Washington. There is so much conflict on this team it makes the 08' Knicks look like the 08' Celtics. Apparently there are players on the team who have gotten into physical altercations with each other in the locker room and there are some players who aren't even on speaking terms.

Gilbert isn't the only problem on this team. Guys like Blatche, Haywood, and Stevenson are team cancers that need to be removed for any team to have success. You also have a bench of prima donnas that get their egos hurt over playing time; guys like Young & Oberto both are only good to complain about their roles.

#1Mavericksfan
01-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Wow just Wow and what happened to the Wizards, I hope they don't trade Antawn Jamison to the Cavs or it's over and the Cavs are a lock to win the EAST.

Quasimoto
01-01-2010, 11:52 AM
if its proven to be true they should both be banned from the nba.

thephoenixson28
01-01-2010, 11:56 AM
They don't laugh at the bad jokes It wasn't a haha funny it was a sarcastic funny. I don't care if none of you guys liked my joke, just move the hell on.

Giantwarrior
01-01-2010, 11:56 AM
first off, you cant call some dumb hood 17yr olds when you dont even know how to write. its if anyone else TOOK a gun... and they wont be MISSED.

secondly, do you know if the guns were loaded? that makes a big difference. im not defending them, im just playing devils advocate

thirdly, if you think this is a worth a ~50 games suspension, then what length of suspensions do you think are merited for other wrongdoings? ie, throwing a punch in a game is even given nearly the same reprimand as what you think drawing a gun does, what about getting a DUI, what about domestic abuse....

i dont know the laws in DC about possessing a firearm in public, but here in NYC you'll get the Plexaco Burris treatment 2-3 years, thats is the guns were unlicensed.

we dont know who owns those guns. we dont know what type of illegal gambling they were doing. imagine if they were betting on NBA games? lol

who cares about about a suspension, i think its the last of their worries. crittenton and areanas should be worried because they might go to jail for this.

Fresno
01-01-2010, 11:57 AM
if its proven to be true they should both be banned from the nba.

I highly doubt that would even happen. At the most a 25 game suspension is possible, but Bans are rarely ever given unless a player fails multiple "hard drug" tests like Birdman.

If Ron Artest hasnt been Banned from the NBA, You're crazy to think Arenas would be.

Giantwarrior
01-01-2010, 11:58 AM
It wasn't a haha funny it was a sarcastic funny. I don't care if none of you guys liked my joke, just move the hell on.

I CANT MOVE ON.

im sill laughing at your joke.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH..

...or maybe just laughing about how bad it was....

Giantwarrior
01-01-2010, 12:00 PM
do you guys think Arenas and Crittenton are on the trading block now?

gfixer33
01-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Wow just Wow and what happened to the Wizards, I hope they don't trade Antawn Jamison to the Cavs or it's over and the Cavs are a lock to win the EAST.

i wish they would trade jamison he's a good guy he don't deserve all this sh**.i was pissed when they signed arenas to his deal wish they could get out of it .

steveshane67
01-01-2010, 12:03 PM
i dont know the laws in DC about possessing a firearm in public, but here in NYC you'll get the Plexaco Burris treatment 2-3 years, thats is the guns were unlicensed.

we dont know who owns those guns. we dont know what type of illegal gambling they were doing. imagine if they were betting on NBA games? lol

who cares about about a suspension, i think its the last of their worries. crittenton and areanas should be worried because they might go to jail for this.

i believe plax get 2-3 yrs jail time bc he discharged the gun, not merely for possessing it.

id bet they were either playing cards/dice/dominos

i cant see them getting into legal trouble unless there were credible witnesses or video. if its just hibachis word vs crittendon, they just have to tell the po po that it never happened, thus no evidence which means no charges.

Fresno
01-01-2010, 12:06 PM

It is impossible for them to go to jail if a crime was not committed. You cant charge someone with gun possession unless something happened in which the police have to investigate.

Plaxico went to jail because he shot himself, any shooting requires a police investigation and the gun in question ended up being unregistered in NYC which brought on a Gun Possession charge for Plaxico as the owner of the firearm.

If one of the guns that either Crittenton or Arenas were pointing at each other were to discharge, it would require a police investigation into the shooting and both men would end up with Gun Possession charges. However if the police are involved at this point the case is more about security rather than prosecution; if no crime took place you cant force Gilbert to turn over a weapon "that he doesn't have" if you get my point.

All crimes commited in Washington DC are "Federal" charges and this presents 2 problems: 1.) You cant use celebrity or money to get out of serious time for federal charges unless you give information on others 2.) Sentencing is mandatory based upon the Judge's preference to go on the low end or go on the high end of time

magichatnumber9
01-01-2010, 12:07 PM
The real issue here, and it's a plague in NBA is gambling. I know there grown men and blah blah woof woof but the league needs to step in on this one.

Fresno
01-01-2010, 12:09 PM

Crittenton doesnt have any value. Hes a 6'5 Combo Guard that cant play PG or SG.

Arenas cant be traded due to his contract & injury history unless the Wizards took on several horrible contracts to get it done. Not to mention he is their Franchise player and the only reason fans come to Wizards games. You cant build a team around Butler or Jamison or go far as a team with only Butler & Jamison.

Fresno
01-01-2010, 12:12 PM
i believe plax get 2-3 yrs jail time bc he discharged the gun, not merely for possessing it.

id bet they were either playing cards/dice/dominos

i cant see them getting into legal trouble unless there were credible witnesses or video. if its just hibachis word vs crittendon, they just have to tell the po po that it never happened, thus no evidence which means no charges.

Exactly.

Unless there was a crime commited then they cant prosecute Gilbert for it. That is why clowns do "hood DVDs" and some shoot low budget music videos showing off Assault Rifles or Handguns freely without care. Of course the local police departments already know who they are but even through video proof of the person with a weapon they cant conduct a search warrant to obtain it at their address unless there is a crime commited by that person.

kenatro
I guess Gilbert is trying to give a new meaning to "Shoot First" point guard

steveshane67
The real issue here, and it's a plague in NBA is gambling. I know there grown men and blah blah woof woof but the league needs to step in on this one.

professional ball players, regardless of sport, have gambled for as long as the games have been played. i mean jordan used to win or lose 50k on plane rides playing poker.

mike_noodles
01-01-2010, 12:22 PM
I know this may seem harsh, but I would suspend both players for 150 games, no if ands or buts about it, this is absolutely unacceptable behaviour and Mr Stern needs to set an example. As part of this suspension, the Wizards should be allowed to waive both players without a salary cap hit.

cHi8DaL5LA420
01-01-2010, 12:22 PM
pussys have to draw guns and cant fight with fists... pure pussys

BTownTeamsRKing
01-01-2010, 12:23 PM
real G's

rhymeratic
01-01-2010, 12:31 PM
I know this may seem harsh, but I would suspend both players for 150 games, no if ands or buts about it, this is absolutely unacceptable behaviour and Mr Stern needs to set an example. As part of this suspension, the Wizards should be allowed to waive both players without a salary cap hit.

Nah, can't let Wizards get off like that. They are just as responsible for not doing their homework on their players acting like fools. Plus this isn't the ONLY incident with players. They fight, they get picked up for prostitution busts. IMO if Artest drew a year for his actions, these two should draw a minimum of 2 years banned from the league. Not suspended but banned. They shouldn't even be allowed to play right now as it is.

Someone could have died from this incident. That alone is enough of a black-eye on the league to protect it's integrity and image. You got guns, gambling, bad-teammates, just all kinds of WRONG and in DC at that!!! NO way I'd let them sniff the court for at least 2 years. And YES they'd still count on Wiz's cap.

ChiSox219
01-01-2010, 12:36 PM
The Official Theme Song of the 2009-10 Washington [Bullets] Wizards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggpKpwCx3BQ&feature=player_embedded

kurivaimu
01-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Crittenton doesnt have any value. Hes a 6'5 Combo Guard that cant play PG or SG.

Arenas cant be traded due to his contract & injury history unless the Wizards took on several horrible contracts to get it done. Not to mention he is their Franchise player and the only reason fans come to Wizards games. You cant build a team around Butler or Jamison or go far as a team with only Butler & Jamison.

The word is that Washington is listening to offers on ANY player.
I hope they make somekind of trade and sort out the issues. It's just amazing what kind of potential the Wizards roster has but no results :|
I really don't know what to say about this article. It stated that Gil was doing one of his pranks again (pulling out his gun) but thats ridiculous. All in all Gil is having a OK season stat wise, the chemistry just isn't there. I've heard the main conflicts are between Arenas-Butler and Haywood vs the team. As Arenas is nontradable, they should ship out Butler, Haywood, Stevenson, now Crittenton. I know Arenas and Jamison are goo mates going back to the golden state days and also Young and Arenas have a good relationship. I think the combo of Arenas and Jamison could deliver, with the right kind of role players. Definately a 3pt shooter (that why the aquired Miller, but that hasnt worked out, has it?) and a Center that can put up 10/10. Maybe trye for camby or smth? I think hes an expiring also.

All in all, the word is: TRADE.

Badluck33
01-01-2010, 12:40 PM
the story would of read better if they actually would of shot each other. So we can realize idiots and guns dont mix.

loudif31
01-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Loaded or not, pulling guns over gambling debts? They should both be out of the NBA fr life. This is ridiculous.

ManRam
01-01-2010, 12:47 PM
LOL Gil. What a joke.

Now no team will ever spare the Wizards and take his awful contract off their hands.

Penetra8r
01-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Wow, thats insane.

ManRam
01-01-2010, 12:58 PM
If the team can find a way to get out of his contract, they have to. They need to move on from Gil. I rarely wish bad things upon people, but I hope they can get out of his contract, and I hope no one else signs him.

clutchski
01-01-2010, 12:58 PM
If Jennings gets fined like $7000 or something for a positive-reinforcing tweet after a Bucks win, this should be severely punished (if it's indeed all true being in the locker room etc.)

Kakaroach
01-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Something has to be done, cuz if I'm another player in that locker room I'm scared right now. Flip Saunders has lost control of his team on and off the court right now.

ChiSox219
01-01-2010, 12:59 PM
I heard The Real World was coming to DC

Mman
01-01-2010, 01:01 PM

I do not think the Gm will "pull the trigger " on a trade

Big Zo
01-01-2010, 01:02 PM
How the hell is it that security allows 2 guns enter an arena?

ManRam
01-01-2010, 01:03 PM
The team should suspend both of them for at least the rest of the season, assuming the NBA doesn't (which I have no idea how the respond to this).

Does anyone know how easy it is for teams to get out of contracts because of incidents like this? If Washington can weasel out of his contract, they have to.

ManRam
01-01-2010, 01:04 PM
I do not think the Gm will "pull the trigger " on a trade

Who the **** is going to want Gil now?

He has an absolutely crippling contract. No team with cap space this off-season will want to waste it on him. And now this??? He is a cancer. He's never been a winner. And now he's a locker room threat.

No thanks.

ChiSox219
01-01-2010, 01:05 PM
The team should suspend both of them for at least the rest of the season, assuming the NBA doesn't (which I have no idea how the respond to this).

Does anyone know how easy it is for teams to get out of contracts because of incidents like this? If Washington can weasel out of his contract, they have to.

:cry:

Fine 'em a quarter mil and sit them for 20 games and be done with it.

sportscrazy34
01-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Not surprised Arenas pulled a gun on a nba player. I am surprised it wasn't pulled on Shaq.

kurivaimu
01-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Not surprised Arenas pulled a gun on a nba player. I am surprised it wasn't pulled on Shaq.

MAybe Gil and Javaris were practising together for a future Cavs game :D

Raph12
01-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Arenas life is just falling apart...

Who is Crittenton again?

IndyFan
01-01-2010, 01:24 PM
imo, both guys will get suspended for the rest of the season.

wizards will not get any cap relief. money is paid to the league and counted against the cap. money is given to charity. link (http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q57)

:)

Nighthawk
01-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Something has to be done, cuz if I'm another player in that locker room I'm scared right now. Flip Saunders has lost control of his team on and off the court right now.

Nah im sure the only ones scared were Mike Miller, Oberto, and Coach Saunders.

ManRam
01-01-2010, 01:28 PM
MAybe Gil and Javaris were practising together for a future Cavs game :D

If they were practicing for the Cavs, I'm sure Stevenson would have been involved instead of Javaris.

J_M_B
01-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Wow, Arenas' life is going down the drain...

Quasimoto
01-01-2010, 01:30 PM
I highly doubt that would even happen. At the most a 25 game suspension is possible, but Bans are rarely ever given unless a player fails multiple "hard drug" tests like Birdman.

If Ron Artest hasnt been Banned from the NBA, You're crazy to think Arenas would be.
When did Artest ever pull a gun on someone on NBA property? Riddle me that.

BigSims3030
01-01-2010, 01:36 PM

I think so. Though I don't know who would want Agent Zero and his terrible contract. They need to trade one of the big 3 since they are all players that need the ball. THAT'S probably why they are so bad. Too many players need the ball. But that's just IMO.

ManRam
01-01-2010, 01:39 PM
When did Artest ever pull a gun on someone on NBA property? Riddle me that.

I agree. Pulling a gun, in the locker room, on a teammate is worse than lying on a scorer's table, being hit with a beer cup, and reacting. Both were terrible, but pulling a gun on someone is far, far, far more serious.

theimortalone
01-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Good god Arenas is so pathetic!!!

DR. Pepper
01-01-2010, 01:51 PM

who cares? nobody is gonna want them. its bad enough they suck and then they do something like this? way to go gil :facepalm:

SirCalvin81
01-01-2010, 02:00 PM
hoodlums

homestarunner93
01-01-2010, 02:02 PM
First off, you can't call some dumb hood 17yr olds when you dont even know how to write. It's if anyone else TOOK a gun... and they wont be MISSED.

Secondly, do you know if the guns were loaded? That makes a big difference. I'm not defending them, I'm just playing devil's advocate.

Thirdly, if you think this is a worth a ~50 games suspension, then what length of suspensions do you think are merited for other wrongdoings? ie, throwing a punch in a game is even given nearly the same reprimand as what you think drawing a gun does, what about getting a DUI, and what about domestic abuse....?

Well, since you're so concerned about grammar, I went ahead and fixed all of your mistakes.

I think Arenas has earned a new nickname: Agent Zero Class. He's a jerk, and one of the most overrated players in the NBA.

yankswin27
01-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Don't ban them, I think that's a little too extreme. If Artest was never banned for his actions in 2004, then neither should these two guys.

However, pulling out guns on eachother in the locker room should not be tolerated. Suspend them without pay for a couple months and have them do community service.

WITZ
01-01-2010, 02:11 PM
WTF seriously a gun on teamate/s that roster has to get dismantled already that some serious ****, there has to be some type of suspension for this.

Wiz kids
01-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Does this mean Gilbert goes to jail? B/c we save a lot of $$$ then:pray:

Mane
01-01-2010, 02:13 PM
:pity:

sucks to be a wizards fan right about now.

kozelkid
01-01-2010, 02:20 PM

(A) Loaded or not, it doesn't ****ing matter. Pointing a gun is ****ing pointing a gun. Too many people have been killed playing with guns cause they thought they weren't loaded.
(B) As for punishment, not sure. I'm sure Washington wouldn't mind getting Arenas's contract off the books. Maybe he broke a clause in the contract

SeoulBeatz
01-01-2010, 02:25 PM
haha this is a ridiculous situation.

why are people bringing guns into the locker room?

they should cut the whole team!

BlinkManJan02
01-01-2010, 02:36 PM
:guns:

hahahahaha.

this is crazy though. good thing no one pulled the trigger.

steveshane67
01-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Well, since you're so concerned about grammar, I went ahead and fixed all of your mistakes.

I think Arenas has earned a new nickname: Agent Zero Class. He's a jerk, and one of the most overrated players in the NBA.

easy there bud, this is a message board, where writing standards will not be as high as a LSAT writing sample, for example.

my point was this person was trying to compare someone to a dumb 17yr hood kid, yet his lack of writing ability made him look exactly the same way he was trying to abase.

i simply dont care about capitalizing certain words or to use apostrophes. the lack of capitalized words or apostrophes did not make my post any less understandable. if your little brain cant understand, under the posts contexts, that "im" is the same as "I'm" then you should probably just give up on life right now.

dtmagnet
01-01-2010, 02:48 PM
They need to make an example of these guys, the NBA does not need any more of a gangster image than it already has.

steveshane67
01-01-2010, 02:48 PM
(A) Loaded or not, it doesn't ****ing matter. Pointing a gun is ****ing pointing a gun. Too many people have been killed playing with guns cause they thought they weren't loaded.
(B) As for punishment, not sure. I'm sure Washington wouldn't mind getting Arenas's contract off the books. Maybe he broke a clause in the contract

once again, im not defending them, just playing devils advocate. what if both hibachi and crittendon know both keep guns on their person and both keep them unloaded. now this situation is now a lot less of an issue.

if you know, and the other person knows, that a gun isnt loaded, you might as well be holding a banana in your hands bc nothing is going to happen.

once again, im not defending them, im just saying we dont know what happened or any of the particulars of the situation, and for ppl to draw these absolute conclusions is anti-american.

NJrockPD
01-01-2010, 02:53 PM
111 Mil contract and he can't pay his gambling debts.

magichatnumber9
01-01-2010, 03:02 PM
When did Artest ever pull a gun on someone on NBA property? Riddle me that.Artest has two capable fists so he don't need a gun. But yeah when did Artest pull a gun on NBA property? He is crazy but not stupid

mzgrizz
01-01-2010, 03:07 PM
I would supend them for the remainder of the year. These dude make millions and they act like dumb hood 17yr olds.

I would suspend them for the remainder of their contracts and nullify the payments. They may be getting free room and board for the next couple of years anyway............

xbrackattackx
01-01-2010, 03:07 PM
On a serious note I wonder if all of these problems started cause of his wife cheating and him just being a wreck less spiral?

mzgrizz
01-01-2010, 03:11 PM
It is impossible for them to go to jail if a crime was not committed. You cant charge someone with gun possession unless something happened in which the police have to investigate.

Plaxico went to jail because he shot himself, any shooting requires a police investigation and the gun in question ended up being unregistered in NYC which brought on a Gun Possession charge for Plaxico as the owner of the firearm.

If one of the guns that either Crittenton or Arenas were pointing at each other were to discharge, it would require a police investigation into the shooting and both men would end up with Gun Possession charges. However if the police are involved at this point the case is more about security rather than prosecution; if no crime took place you cant force Gilbert to turn over a weapon "that he doesn't have" if you get my point.

All crimes commited in Washington DC are "Federal" charges and this presents 2 problems: 1.) You cant use celebrity or money to get out of serious time for federal charges unless you give information on others 2.) Sentencing is mandatory based upon the Judge's preference to go on the low end or go on the high end of time

Wrong. Brandishing a weapon, loaded or not, is a felony...aggravated assault; and they don't even have to press charges. The police will decide on that; but I beleuve highly unlikely it will come to that.

calibird707
01-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Wtf is going on wit people...pistols in the lockeroom...wow

smith&wesson
01-01-2010, 03:22 PM
first of all they need to be arrested for gun position in the first place.

2ndly why do they have it in the stadium ? if they were arab they would get arrested for terrorist activity.

and 3rd does arenas really think he is gangster ? let him walk 20 mins outside the stadium in washington and he will see real G's .. ones that actually use the gats when they pull them.

arenas is a seriouse dumbass.

Chaps
01-01-2010, 03:28 PM

lmao

Bryrob58
01-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Funny thing is Crittenton will be the one who suffers... He's defftly gonna be traded in the near future... They should both be suspended without pay for at least a year.

Dee_Edge
01-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Wow...Oh, got to go to practice...oops...I owe some people money, even though I'm already in trouble with the league, maybe I shoudn't forget my gun!

What the hell!

RaptorsFanatic
01-01-2010, 04:12 PM
I don't know guys, until I get some solid proof about this, I'm not convinced.

RaptorsFanatic
01-01-2010, 04:14 PM
I don't know guys, until I get some solid proof about this, I'm not convinced.

After all, this is the NY Post. :hide:

kjoke
01-01-2010, 04:17 PM
they should change their name to the Washington bullets again...

lakerboy
01-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Seriously if I am somebody like Caron Butler, or even a ball boy from the Washington Wizards, I'll be suing the hell out of the DC franchise for endangering my life in my workplace. That's a lot of ****ing $$.

ManRam
01-01-2010, 04:59 PM
In response to the lifetime ban idea...

If I brought a gun into work, I'd be fired and arrested. NBA players will ultimately always get off easy. The NBA still has an image problem, and this doesn't help. Stern needs to make an example of these two guys, for the sanctity of the league. Bringing a gun into the locker run is detrimental to the safety of the players, and detrimental to the league's image.

I hope/expect a lengthy suspension for both.

Pensx3
01-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Why does stuff like this never happen in the NHL? Crap like this only happens in the NFL and NBA...

This is just disturbing, thugs like this actually keep guns in the locker room. Are you ****ing kidding me? I always assumed they would make the players go through metal detectors, but apparently not. That will be the next step, search those pieces of **** before than enter the building or one day they will hide their guns in their long *** shorts and shoot fans. This is a disgrace and Stern better deal with this with an iron fist. It is just so mind boggling it might take a couple of days for the league to determine the appropriate punishment.

I would be in favor of a life ban, but I doubt that will happen because the Wizzards are terrible with Arenas (when he is healthy) it would ruin them. I think they should be suspended the rest of this year and next, no pay...this is a ****ing pathetic. I only watch the NBA in the post season since pittsburgh doesnt have a team (luckily). But it is hard to root for some of these players...

AI4MVP
01-01-2010, 05:11 PM
i think the biggest iisue is that it was such a huge deal that gilbert arenas brought guns into the locker room, but now TWO wizards players have done that? wtf is going on.

zambo4president
01-01-2010, 05:30 PM
But these 2 aren't on the Pacers :shrug:

Pensx3
01-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Any one else find it funny that hockey guy talking about thugs?

A sport that has fighting ingrained in its heritage?

Oh right as long as its just eastern Europeans fighting its cool!

umm, fighting is apart of the game. If 2 hockey players brought guns into the locker room they should get suspsended too, but they wouldnt do that since they at least have a half of a brain. I dont see how you can compare the fact that hockey allows fighting and NBA players bringing guns into their lockerooms? I know these thugs have booze in their locker room, but I had no idea they are allowed to bring in their guns. There are way too many criminals in the NBA and NFL, you just dont see off the field behavior problems in the NHL and mostly not in MLB. There is one simple reason for this fact....but we are not allowed to say why.

But at this point, this isnt that surprising. I am shocked someone hasnt been caught with a gun in the locker room in the NBA or NFL yet. Now you have to wonder how many others bring a gun. How much a ****ing idiot are you that you bring a gun in the lockeroom?" What is the reasoning? Thug life I guess. Those reporters can be real dangerous with those microphones, Glibert was prepared..

I jsut dont want innocent fans, players, team or personnel getting shot, is that so wrong? METAL DETECTOR TIME...how dumb are these upstanding citizens?

ink
01-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Keep it clean in this thread guys. Cut the racist comments completely or there will be bans.

GOON MUSIC
01-01-2010, 05:53 PM
And I am confident the only two players who bring weapons with them into the locker rooms didnt draw guns on eachother

Im sure there are maybe a few dozen more

Remember where the players are coming from, and all the ishh athletes go through

Robberies and even Murders

ink
01-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Closing this one up. If someone wants to start another thread and keep the race related remarks out of it, go ahead. It's already an extreme enough topic, please don't make it worse by making it racial.