PDA

View Full Version : Shaq's Gift To LeBron

TheKing23
12-31-2009, 05:48 AM
http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/12447

Wow, I wouldn't mind being one of his teammates...

B.JenningsMVP
12-31-2009, 05:54 AM
Wow.. I wonder what he gave Kobe for his bday.... lol

MTar786
12-31-2009, 05:59 AM
wow..shaq.. tell us how lebrons *** tastes?

what an *** kisser.. this is the first time in my life im bad mouthing shaq.. my fav player of all time is now a joke

ElMarroAfamado
12-31-2009, 05:59 AM
house on wheels

MTar786
12-31-2009, 06:05 AM

he worked out for 25 mins.. and then ate some doughnuts.

Actually.. i think for kobe's 21st.. shaq just showed up to the party.. and that was actually considered his bday gift.. was such a surprise. no lie

HammerHead1
12-31-2009, 07:05 AM
Wonder what Danny Green will be getting for his Birthday...

TheKing23
12-31-2009, 07:13 AM

what an *** kisser.. this is the first time in my life im bad mouthing shaq.. my fav player of all time is now a joke

How can you mistake kindness for *** kissing?

We all know that Shaq is one of the most generous and giving people in the league. He paid for the funeral of that 5 year old who was murdered and holds his "Shaq-A-Claus" events every christmas for unfortunate kids.

The guy's heart is in the right place and when money's no object he goes the full distance when trying to make people happy.

rabzouz 96
12-31-2009, 07:24 AM
shaq just won himself an invitation to my next birthday...

prodigy
12-31-2009, 10:53 AM

A ball passing machine. Just so Kobe can see what passing looks like. (did not work)

lakerboy
12-31-2009, 11:04 AM
A ball passing machine. Just so Kobe can see what passing looks like. (did not work)

How about containers for Kobe's championship rings?

amoore87
12-31-2009, 11:04 AM
$400k?!?! Yea shaq mine as well just get on his knees

RaysFan
12-31-2009, 11:05 AM
Shaq has no real sense of money. He is a really kind guy--but I can see him struggling for money later on down the road. He just spends it like crazy.

Evolution23
12-31-2009, 11:12 AM
its a nice car but its pocket change for these guys.. its like giving out a 50 dollar gift card to macy's lol

Jetsguy
12-31-2009, 11:27 AM
Shaq is the man...what will he buy Lebron if Lebron can get him 1 more ring? I am thinking a house and a free workout on Gilbert Arenas wife.

FlakeyFool
12-31-2009, 11:34 AM
thats a nice ****ing car

More-Than-Most
12-31-2009, 11:40 AM
Wow what a guy... He just keeps on giving... He basically gave kobe several championships before leaving... He gave Arenas 3 beautiful kids :D and now he gives James a 400 thousand dollar car.

BALLER71
12-31-2009, 11:41 AM
The rings that Kobe couldn't have won without Shaq? Is that the one you're talking about?

yanksrock
12-31-2009, 11:53 AM
Cool gift, but I don't see Lebron as a Rolls Royce kind of guy.

domz248
12-31-2009, 12:12 PM

he should have bought lebron a ring so he could be compared to kobe... lol you try making fun of kobe but he has 4 rings

Kakaroach
12-31-2009, 12:12 PM
Sounds like something to be in the Cavs forum but mannnn that is a nice gift. Even though LeBron has so much money of his own thats still pretty damn nice. I mean a Rolls Royce? Shaq dropping the moolah.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-31-2009, 12:56 PM

Lol.

That's hate right there.

Shaq got Kobe 3 rings.

That should equal that car.

Giantwarrior
12-31-2009, 01:04 PM
WTF? why would shaq buy that for lebron? doesnt lebron make more money then Shaq?

Raph12
12-31-2009, 01:15 PM
^^^^Shaq is on Lebrons nut like no other, if he buys everyone rolls royces (which he obviously doesn't), then you could say he's just being nice. But Shaq is literally licking Lebron's boot, hopefully no one wants him in the offseason and he just retires, I'm sick of hearing about this guy's off court antics.

vash9
12-31-2009, 01:33 PM

loufor2
12-31-2009, 01:39 PM

lol, typical lakers fan. hahahahaha lmao.

loufor2
12-31-2009, 01:42 PM
The rings that Kobe couldn't have won without Shaq? Is that the one you're talking about?

The rings shaq couldn't have won without kobe...and d wade:cool:

ChiSox219
12-31-2009, 01:45 PM
Shaq has no real sense of money. He is a really kind guy--but I can see him struggling for money later on down the road. He just spends it like crazy.

He spent 2% of his salary to buy the Rolls...

ramz.n
12-31-2009, 01:46 PM
well lebron better step up for Shaq's B-day.

TO Rapz
12-31-2009, 01:53 PM

We all know that Shaq is one of the most generous and giving people in the league. He paid for the funeral of that 5 year old who was murdered and holds his "Shaq-A-Claus" events every christmas for unfortunate kids.

The guy's heart is in the right place and when money's no object he goes the full distance when trying to make people happy.

x2 :clap:

RaiderLakersA's
12-31-2009, 02:00 PM

I see his point. If Shaq was giving Bentleys to the lowest man on the bench, then there'd be no misconstruing his largesse. I'm not saying Shaq hasn't done charitable things for many players and STAFF on the teams that he's played on. I'm just saying giving a Rolls to a man who can buy a few factories on his own...well, let's just say that Shaq is no fool and he knows which side his bread is buttered on.

ManRam
12-31-2009, 02:05 PM

Why are you, for the first time ever, bad mouthing Shaq for getting LeBron a great birthday present? What's wrong with that? Shaq's insanely rich, realizes LeBron is the man, and gave him a tight present. It's not *** kissing. Even if it is, who cares? Shaq doesn't need to kiss LeBron's ***. Shaq's just a generous rich dude.

Jays Claw
12-31-2009, 02:09 PM
I want one! :D

BlinkManJan02
12-31-2009, 02:21 PM
lucky bastard

SchyGuy11
12-31-2009, 02:26 PM

i agree about shaq being a nice guy, but lebron can afford his own damn cars. Shaq could have used that money for a much better cause.

RaptorsFanatic
12-31-2009, 02:28 PM
He could have gave 800 needy families $5000 each, matter of fact, he could have fed 920,000 kids in my country, India, a full day meal for two days.

j0nyj0n
12-31-2009, 02:32 PM
He could have gave 800 needy families $5000 each, matter of fact, he could have fed 920,000 kids in my country, India, a full day meal for two days.

800 x 5000 = 4,000,000
80 x 5000 = 400,000

Thanks

xbrackattackx
12-31-2009, 02:33 PM
Shazaaaaaam

It was lebron's wish so Shazaaaam granted it?

asmarks18
12-31-2009, 02:34 PM
What a douche bag. Who buys a guy who he only has played 30 games with a 400,000 dollar car? Nice thoughtful gift but come on. Give that money to charity or something. What if he goes bankrupt someday? He'll probably think back and go man I wish I had that 400K back. I'll probably get bashed for this but take a step back and look what he did. Ridiculous. Happy Bday Bron!

RaptorsFanatic
12-31-2009, 02:35 PM
800 x 5000 = 4,000,000
80 x 5000 = 400,000

Thanks

It's not about the math dude, it's about what you could do with the money.

And my little error hurt you so much, I'm sorry for adding an extra zero in....
:pity:

asmarks18
12-31-2009, 02:39 PM

I agree. Spending 400K on the 2nd richest athlete is so unnecessary. Spending 10 grand on Lebron would have been too much for my taste. I know saying this is like beating a dead horse but to do that in this economy and the person your giving it to probably wipes his *** with 20's just makes you look like a prick.

Cubsfan365
12-31-2009, 02:44 PM
$400k?!?! Yea shaq mine as well just get on his knees
Come on man..."mine as well." It's definitely "might as well." What you said makes no sense whatsoever

j0nyj0n
12-31-2009, 02:48 PM

Sry thought u were this guy...no hate here - see link on first post

SAD
he could have gave 80 needy family's $5000.

Submitted by Guest (not verified) on December 31, 2009 - 10:33am.
U STUPID
DUMBASS@ IT WULD BE 800 FAMILIES @5000 DOLLARS. JUST PERPETUATING THE STEREOTYPE THAT BLACK PPL FROM CLEVELAND CANT ADD.

Submitted by PRO-SLAVERY (not verified) on December 31, 2009 - 11:06am.
800 families at $5000 is 4 million, ******, the other guy was right... and that's called multiplication, not addition.

Submitted by Guest (not verified) on December 31, 2009 - 1:40pm.
HE DIDN'T NEED TO GIVE 80
HE DIDN'T NEED TO GIVE 80 NEEDY FAMILY'S $5000. MAKE THOSE *****ES GET SOME FRIGGIN JOBS.

Submitted by EATDIRT HOBO (not verified) on December 31, 2009 - 1:46pm.
and youre even more stupid
80x5000=400,000...go back to school partna

Submitted by Guest (not verified) on December 31, 2009 - 11:11am.
Ouch, it must really suck
Ouch, it must really suck when you think you are all smart correcting someones multiplication (no addition) when it was actually correct in the first place. You sir, are the dumbass.

Submitted by Guest (not verified) on December 31, 2009 - 11:23am.
2nd poster....you are an
2nd poster....you are an epic fail

Submitted by YOUR stupud (not verified) on December 31, 2009 - 12:41pm.
ha 800 what a moron!
ha 800 what a moron!

Submitted by Guest (not verified) on December 31, 2009 - 1:22pm.

wileyisTOFU
12-31-2009, 02:51 PM
hes owes lebron this much for eating up so much of the cap space and getting paid more then him this year anyways, wonder what the tax implications are.

LakersRuleNBA
12-31-2009, 02:54 PM
Shaq is a very generous guy and treats all his teammates the same ... I remember him being very generous to Mark Madsen during Madsen's Rookie season as well, taking Madsen on a shopping spree:

"First he took me to a car dealership and marched right in to the CEO (whom he knew) and told him to give me a great deal on a Chevy Tahoe (that was the car I had mentioned I thought was nice). Then he offered to put a down payment down for me to lease the car.

After that he drove us up to Beverly Hills and we went to a Big and Tall clothing store. I found a pair of jeans that fit and Shaq said to the store worker, 'He'll take eight of each color!' I said, 'All I need is one of each color.' When Shaq kept piling on Italian sweaters, I told him I didn't need all the stuff, but he told me it was a welcome gift and to relax while he paid the $2,500 bill.

Then we went to the Beverly Center (a big L.A. mall). First he took me to a trendy store that sold suits. He picked out a nice one and when I asked the store worker how it looked, the worker said it looked 'really fly.' That was the first time I had ever heard the word fly in that context before. I took it to mean it looked good. "

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/index.ssf/2009/07/shopping_with_shaquille_oneal.html

I think he had also bought Luke Walton a classic car during Walton's Rookie season as well, just not sure of the exact specifics.

I'm curious to see how much donating he does throughout the community ... Oh yeah, these links might help:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2157772
http://www.allbusiness.com/society-social-assistance-lifestyle/philanthropy-charities/12337094-1.html
http://www.toysfortots.org/news/details.asp?nNewsID=6

Keep up the good work Shaq! :clap:

RaiderLakersA's
12-31-2009, 04:08 PM
Shaq is a very generous guy and treats all his teammates the same ... I remember him being very generous to Mark Madsen during Madsen's Rookie season as well, taking Madsen on a shopping spree:

"First he took me to a car dealership and marched right in to the CEO (whom he knew) and told him to give me a great deal on a Chevy Tahoe (that was the car I had mentioned I thought was nice). Then he offered to put a down payment down for me to lease the car.

After that he drove us up to Beverly Hills and we went to a Big and Tall clothing store. I found a pair of jeans that fit and Shaq said to the store worker, 'He'll take eight of each color!' I said, 'All I need is one of each color.' When Shaq kept piling on Italian sweaters, I told him I didn't need all the stuff, but he told me it was a welcome gift and to relax while he paid the $2,500 bill.

Then we went to the Beverly Center (a big L.A. mall). First he took me to a trendy store that sold suits. He picked out a nice one and when I asked the store worker how it looked, the worker said it looked 'really fly.' That was the first time I had ever heard the word fly in that context before. I took it to mean it looked good. "

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/index.ssf/2009/07/shopping_with_shaquille_oneal.html

I think he had also bought Luke Walton a classic car during Walton's Rookie season as well, just not sure of the exact specifics.

I'm curious to see how much donating he does throughout the community ... Oh yeah, these links might help:

Keep up the good work Shaq! :clap:

...which illustrates the point that I was making.

Altruism is one thing. Largesse is another. And strategic gifting, also known as paying Fealty and Homage, is another thing entirely. Let's not confuse the latter two with being charitable.

Giving money to indigent children is altruism.

Putting a down payment on a LEASE for a Chevy Tahoe and furnishing Mad Dog with a $2500 wardrobe is largesse.

However, giving LeBron a $400K Rolls Royce wreaks of ingratiation to me. It is strategic gifting of the highest order. If James is "King," then Shaq is just a lowly feudal knight in his service, kicking up gifts in order to stay in the Kings good graces. Shaq the Big Vassal. Who knew? And yes, there is an element of major brown-nosing (sorry, pun) and shameful ingratiation attached...hardly charity.

prodigy
12-31-2009, 04:10 PM

Kobe is the container for Shaq's rings lol.

cmellofan15
12-31-2009, 04:21 PM
Kissing *** so he won't get traded...smart idea.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-31-2009, 04:28 PM
He spent 2% of his salary to buy the Rolls...

Exactly. People don't know what they are talking about.

He's made over to $200 million from his basketball contracts alone. He has other endorsment deals and things going on in his life. He even had a tv show.

And he's more than likely going into broadcasting after basketball.

It's not like he's some Mike Tyson.

tdunk21
12-31-2009, 04:30 PM
whats with laker fans bashin shaq for this.....dint shaq offer a million dollars for an out of court settlement to the poor woman when kobe the rapist did something in denver........

LakersRuleNBA
12-31-2009, 04:34 PM
...which illustrates the point that I was making.

Altruism is one thing. Largesse is another. And strategic gifting, also known as paying Fealty and Homage, is another thing entirely. Let's not confuse the latter two with being charitable.

Giving money to indigent children is altruism.

Putting a down payment on a LEASE for a Chevy Tahoe and furnishing Mad Dog with a $2500 wardrobe is largesse.

However, giving LeBron a $400K Rolls Royce wreaks of ingratiation to me. It is strategic gifting of the highest order. If James is "King," then Shaq is just a lowly feudal knight in his service, kicking up gifts in order to stay in the Kings good graces. Shaq the Big Vassal. Who knew? And yes, there is an element of major brown-nosing (sorry, pun) and shameful ingratiation attached...hardly charity.

Great points ... Well said.

Toenail Clipper
12-31-2009, 04:45 PM
Shaq should've just f*cked LeBron's wife :D

Verbal Christ
12-31-2009, 04:47 PM
read the thread title and couldnt help but think ... 'impregnate his wife/girlfriend' ???

Raps18-19 Champ
12-31-2009, 04:55 PM
read the thread title and couldnt help but think ... 'impregnate his wife/girlfriend' ???

Haha.

I thought the same thing.

td0tsfinest
12-31-2009, 05:02 PM
what did he get him? the link doesn't work

SirCalvin81
12-31-2009, 05:03 PM
damn

SirCalvin81
12-31-2009, 05:04 PM
a rolls royce

leftie5
12-31-2009, 05:15 PM
Shaq can do whatever the hell he wants since it's his money. That would be like me telling someone else how they should spend their money. They earned it so they can do as they wish.

Also, he's one of the most generous players in terms of giving money to charities and good causes. As someone else mentioned, he paid for that girls funeral a couple months ago without even knowing her, always has his own Shaq a Clause giveaway for needy children at Christmas, etc.

ChiSox219
12-31-2009, 05:18 PM
Shaq can do whatever the hell he wants since it's his money. That would be like me telling someone else how they should spend their money. They earned it so they can do as they wish.

Also, he's one of the most generous players in terms of giving money to charities and good causes. As someone else mentioned, he paid for that girls funeral a couple months ago without even knowing her, always has his own Shaq a Clause giveaway for needy children at Christmas, etc.

Exactly :clap:

zambo4president
12-31-2009, 05:33 PM
Wonder what Danny Green will be getting for his Birthday...

:laugh2: I was gonna say the same thing

zambo4president
12-31-2009, 05:34 PM
what did he get him? the link doesn't work

A White Rolls Royce.

ldc62
12-31-2009, 08:01 PM
Lets see how this relationship lasts when things sour. Remember Kobe and Nash?

On another note: Good gift

MTar786
12-31-2009, 08:57 PM
Why are you, for the first time ever, bad mouthing Shaq for getting LeBron a great birthday present? What's wrong with that? Shaq's insanely rich, realizes LeBron is the man, and gave him a tight present. It's not *** kissing. Even if it is, who cares? Shaq doesn't need to kiss LeBron's ***. Shaq's just a generous rich dude.

im bad mouthing him because its sad to see shaq like this now.

Its OBVIOUS the cavs play better ball without him right now. maybe its my fault for not elaborating on why im calling shaq an *** kisser but i think you would be ignorant to say shaq is just a nice guy and thats why he gives rolls' to everyone..

he's been lebrons friend and on his team for like how long? 5 months? theyve become such good friends in 5 months shaq decides to buy him a rolls? i wonder what he gave phil for his bday.. he knew him for like 5 years. rock fox, horry, d fish, kobe, haslem, dwade, horace grant? i mean he's even known penny longer than lebron.. come on.. its blatantly obvious he's kissing his ***. he's doing it cuz he doesnt want lebron as an enemy and be a critic of his play. im sure even lebron knows thats why shaq bought him that phantom.
if shaq buys anderson vereajo a maybach for his bday or another phantom for delonte west then i will swallow my words and then facepalm my self all day.

ps. this has nothing to do with shaqs kind giving personality.. he is kind and giving dont get me wrong.. but this is different. this is *** kissing at its finest

Chacarron
12-31-2009, 09:37 PM
he should have bought lebron a ring so he could be compared to kobe... lol you try making fun of kobe but he has 4 rings

I find this unnecessary, really.

Chacarron
12-31-2009, 09:39 PM
Kobe is the container for Shaq's rings lol.

That is so funny. :yawn:

Flamarlins21
12-31-2009, 09:47 PM
Hey should have gotten him a May Bech, just sayin... :)

GspLAL
12-31-2009, 11:20 PM

No, the rings Shaq couldn't have won without Kobe.

yanksrock
12-31-2009, 11:36 PM
WTF? why would shaq buy that for lebron? doesnt lebron make more money then Shaq?

Since when, does giving someone a birthday gift, have anything to do with how much money you earn?

_KB24_
12-31-2009, 11:50 PM
I think everyone should just stop. Like holy ****, no need to start a damn war over here. Non-issue, Shaq bought him a gift. I think it would be a nice gesture from Lebron if he were to sell or donate the money from the car and give it to charity. I mean, not like Lebron is in need of buying his own car. Just a thought.

iggypop123
01-01-2010, 03:28 AM
damn thats what a 20 million dollar salary buys you

RaptorizedKevin
01-01-2010, 03:45 AM
wow peopel are so stupid. theyre arguing over " SHAQ IS KISSING LEBRONS ***"

shaq is a very generous person years ago. Maybe he does it for the media or good rep. idk, thats predictions of people but not facts. so what if shaq spends 400 000 on the king? maybe he wants a good friendship to carry out with lebron after he retires? Shaq dont neeed to kiss lebrons *** ,if he doesnt want lebron to talk ****. Shaq was an amazing player in his prime, and will do his job when they play orlando.

So calm down guys.. hes juss being himself.

GOON MUSIC
01-01-2010, 06:14 AM
Compensation For His Crap Season