PDA

View Full Version : Arenas: "We stink"

NYtilIdie
12-30-2009, 07:13 PM
“This team needs a mindset change,” the Wizards’ coach said after Washington’s third straight loss. “This team, the last five years, has been known as one of the worst defensive teams. … We couldn’t stop anybody out there.”

Added Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas(notes), who scored 24 points: “Right now, we stink—and we’re showing it. You can sit here and talk about it every day, every game, every loss. But until we can turn it around, we stink.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2009122927&prov=ap

I think its clear that the Wizards need to blow up and rebuild. That Big 3 of Jamison,Arenas, and Butler just doesn't mesh anymore. Trade Jamison to the Cavs for what ever their offering and trade Butler if he gets any offers. Their stuck with Arenas until he becomes an expiring then he will become T-Mac esk.

TO Rapz
12-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Man they should get 1st rounders for Jamison and Caron. They need to package their decent players to a team like the Lakers who need bench help and pick up good young players while they are at it. I dont see their roster going anywhere at all. They re stuck with Gilbert but they have to make do of what they have.

RadiantShot
12-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Gilbert needs a good young player, everyone on there is too old, lmao. Foye is an exception..Lol, Brandon Bass and Anthony Johnson + Cash Consideration for Jamison! But I know it'd never happen. +AJ is old.

Ray_R
12-30-2009, 07:27 PM
NAW YOu THink.! The organzation needs a turn around.They should trade for young talent and Picks they got enough pieces to move to get good players coming back.

NYtilIdie
12-30-2009, 07:29 PM
That 5th round pick trade isn't looking so good now. They could have used that pick for a building block like Flynn or Jennings.

I think they will get a 1st for Jamison if they accept a offer from the Cavs (just saying if they do) along with JJ Hickson and Z or possibly West.

Not sure what Butler's value is like right now since he isn't exactly tearing it up this season.

Kakaroach
12-30-2009, 07:31 PM
That 5th round pick trade isn't looking so good now. They could have used that pick for a building block like Flynn or Jennings.

I think they will get a 1st for Jamison if they accept a offer from the Cavs (just saying if they do) along with JJ Hickson and Z or possibly West.

Not sure what Butler's value is like right now since he isn't exactly tearing it up this season. Exactly what I was thinking and its the 5th overall lol. They should have kept that pick for a nice young player instead of Foye and Miller who clearly haven't improved this team as much as everyone thought, including me.

kjoke
12-30-2009, 07:33 PM
hes just pissed shaq f'ed hios wife.....

FlakeyFool
12-30-2009, 07:35 PM
bosh said something similar to what he said

td0tsfinest
12-30-2009, 07:44 PM
They just need to get rid of Arenas. Getting both Foye and Miller made no sense at all. You're adding two scorers that play the same positions as your star players.

Does this team need blow up? Not entirely. I think they should trade Arenas, Foye and Miller. They got some good young guys in Nick Young, Javhal McGhee and Andray Blatche but they could you some interior help especially for defense.

daleja424
12-30-2009, 08:04 PM
three team deal...

Jamison, Beasley, and Jones to Toronto
Bosh, Arenas, Haywood, and Butler to Miami
2 first rounders, Chalmers, O'Neal, Q, and Nesterovic to Washington

Raps18-19 Champ
12-30-2009, 08:12 PM
three team deal...

Haha.

Your so full of ****.

That trade is in no way fair.

You get the 2 best players in the deal and you give up a talented prospect who has maturity problems and an over the hill player.

king4day
12-30-2009, 08:12 PM
That's what happends when a player puts a stranglehold on its team's cap by taking as contract like he did.

IversonIsKrazy
12-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Butler would be wanted by a lot of teams IMO. Salmons 4 Butler :D

KG2TB
12-30-2009, 08:23 PM
They don't play D and the princeton offense doesn't fit their personnel. Bad recipe.

bal_ravens
12-30-2009, 08:25 PM
three team deal...

Exchange Wade and add another first rounder to the deal instread of O'Neal and you are set. Otherwise lol

Arenas: 22ppg, 4.3rpg, 6.9apg. Not the greatest stats, but I wouldn't be too desperate to move him yet.

Jamison: 20.8ppg, 8.2rpg. I cant see us trading him soon.

Haywood: 9.6ppg, 10.3rpg and 2.3 blocks per.

Id wait for others to get healthy before blowing the team up, but out of the roster, I would say they would be who id build the team around.

And if the Wizards didnt trade the 5th overall pick, they would have been much further over the salary cap. And with all the young players already on the team, it wouldnt have been such a great move.

bal_ravens
12-30-2009, 08:26 PM
They don't play D and the princeton offense doesn't fit their personnel. Bad recipe.

They dont run the Princeton anymore. Unfortunately they ran that pretty good, but Butler isnt picking up the new system.

KG2TB
12-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Oh yeah, my bad...I forgot they fired Jordan

yankee$fan213
12-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Hes right ...

smith&wesson
12-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Bosh for jameson and butler.

Toenail Clipper
12-31-2009, 01:54 AM
three team deal...