PDA

View Full Version : KG out tonight and maybe longer with sore knee

Gibby23
12-30-2009, 04:32 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=4782632

Losers of two straight games, the Boston Celtics could be without Kevin Garnett (sore right knee) for Wednesday night's game against the Phoenix Suns, and perhaps longer.

JordansBulls
12-30-2009, 04:37 PM
I was just about to post this as well.

"If I do decide to sit [Garnett], I'm not sitting him for one game. I can tell you that," Celtics coach Doc Rivers told Comcast Sportsnet. "I told Kevin that."

Rivers told Comcast that if he decided to sit Garnett, he would probably keep him out until about Jan. 6, when the Celtics face the Heat, or longer. He said he wasn't sure if that was the direction he was going to take with Garnett but that he was "leaning that way heavily."

"It's early in the season," Rivers told Comcast. "We got tonight and we got two days, and then we got three days after that. To me, if you're going to rest guys, this is the perfect time to do it."

It makes sense. Have him ready for the playoffs. It's not like they can't win on the road.

Looks like it may come down to Orlando and Cleveland for the #1 seed now.

B.JenningsMVP
12-30-2009, 04:37 PM
uh-oh
better take the injuries now, rather than later

Lakers4ItAll
12-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Not good for BOS hope he gets healthy

Raph12
12-30-2009, 04:50 PM
I think the hit in the Magic game is finally kicking in, they'd better rest him early because the next 15 games are brutal for the Cs.

Shady66
12-30-2009, 04:52 PM
YESSS
Hopefully hes better after tonights game vs phoenix :D
Now rondos gonna torch us

ManRam
12-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Rondo is banged up. If he plays though...he's going to put up some ridiculous numbers tonight.

Pierce should be back soon so that will help. They need Big Baby back now.

Kakaroach
12-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Celtics getting injured, but I'd sit him more than I need to, just cuz their all so old and could use the rest.

mikantsass
12-30-2009, 04:54 PM
I think the hit in the Magic game is finally kicking in, they'd better rest him early because the next 15 games are brutal for the Cs.

Agreed, I live in Boston and I just heard that he will rest on a combonation of knicks and bruises on his knee, head, and thigh. Enter Rasheed Wallace...

Raph12
12-30-2009, 04:55 PM
YESSS
Hopefully hes better after tonights game vs phoenix :D
Now rondos gonna torch us

Okay, I'm going to give you guys my Rondo-Stopping game plan, now this is difficult, so get a pen and paper and write it all down... you ready?... let's do this:

Give him 10 feet of space and then foul him when he gets 5 feet within the basket.

ChongInc.
12-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Good! Go Raps Go! Lol

mikantsass
12-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Rondo is banged up. If he plays though...he's going to put up some ridiculous numbers tonight.

Pierce should be back soon so that will help. They need Big Baby back now.

Rondo looks like he will play tonight, he participated in the shootaround this afternoon. Big baby would help with some depth, but he looks terrible so far this year.

mikantsass
12-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Okay, I'm going to give you guys my Rondo-Stopping game plan, now this is difficult, so get a pen and paper and write it all down... you ready?... let's do this:

Give him 10 feet of space and then foul him when he gets 5 feet within the basket.

Lol see "Lakers, Los Angeles" They've been doing that for 2 years

ManRam
12-30-2009, 04:58 PM

Sounds doable. Thing is, he'd foul out every player on Phoenix in 10 minutes. He can get to the paint at will. When he's looking for his shot when he attacks, not just looking to pass, he's unstoppable.

Rondo is too smart to let a silly, hack-a-Shaq like technique slow him down. One of the most cerebral players in the game.

Gibby23
12-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Sounds doable. Thing is, he'd foul out every player on Phoenix in 10 minutes. He can get to the paint at will. When he's looking for his shot when he attacks, not just looking to pass, he's unstoppable.

Rondo is too smart to let a silly, hack-a-Shaq like technique slow him down. One of the most cerebral players in the game.

Not really. The Suns probabbly can't work that game play without fouling, but teams like the Lakers, Magic, and Cavs can. Those teams can sag off him and when he drives those teams have legit big guys to alter his shot. The only team that I have seen do this well is the Lakers.

amoore87
12-30-2009, 05:11 PM
who cares..these players rest more throughout the season as they get older nd because of how long the season is. theyll be fully healthy come playoff time when it counts sitting at the 1-3 seed

Raph12
12-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Agreed, I live in Boston and I just heard that he will rest on a combonation of knicks and bruises on his knee, head, and thigh. Enter Rasheed Wallace...

That's one of the best things about Boston, they are so damn deep at each position, right now the only one that's vulnerable is at the 3. With Garnett, Pierce and Daniels out, everyone will need to step up their game to have a good chance in their next few games.

When does Pierce return?

Lol see "Lakers, Los Angeles" They've been doing that for 2 years

It seemed to work really well don't you think, scoring wise Rondo's numbers against LA in the last two years are very low and his shooting percentage would make for an impressive batting avg.

Thing is that Phoenix has no defense and Nash has lost a step, I say let Rondo try to go off and contain everyone else. And then late in games, send him to the charity stripe, we already know he isn't clutch and is at his worst offensively, when at the FT line.