PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose Has Finally Arrived.

Cool007
12-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Okay, I have seen a lot of posts where people started bashing Rose when they looked at his overall stats and just jumped onto the conclusions that he has regressed or doesn't look like that he will reach his potential or he is overrated and blah blah blah.

This thread to put things into perspective and let everyone know that how good he has been now that he is FINALLY healthy this month.

In November he was: 16ppg 3rpg 5.3apg with that Ankle Injury.

Rose in December: 20.3 ppg 4 rpg 6.2 apg on 46% fg
Rose in last 10 games: 22 ppg 4 rpg 6 apg on 45% fg
Rose - last 5 games: 25 ppg 5 rpg 6.4 apg on 50% fg :clap:

People forget that he was hurt to start the season and most players would have just sat out but he played through it as he is a warrior - he also played through rib injuries/wrist injury but NEVER COMPLAINED or MADE EXCUSES. That's a great sign. He has the toughness and LOVES the game.

To put it in perspective, the 2nd best PG in the league in Deron Williams also had similar injury to star the year last year. Here were his stats with that hobbled ankle:

Deron Williams First 20 games after back from his ankle injury: 14.8ppg on 41.7% fg.

I never heard anybody say that Williams was regressed or was overhyped or overrated from anyone. Yet, when Rose had the same thing - and played better than Williams to start the season for the first month, people start saying "He is overrated", "He will never going to be a great player or in top 3 covnersation like people were saying" etc etc.

Also, don't tell me about assists. Assists are so much dependent on the teammates than anything else. Rose is missing 2 main ingredients for PGs that rack up assists.

1) Talented Big Man (men) who can score (know how to run pick n roll/pick n pop.
2) Also need spot up 3pt shooters.

and 3) being a coach that know how to utilize the talent.

Who does Rose have??? Rose has neither of the above 3. You give Rose a big man & shooters that Nash/Rondo/CP3/Deron/Billups/Parker etc have and see how good he will be. You can only get assists when your teammates can do anything with the ball. Know how to convert the pass (shoot/finish inside etc).

Also, people don't know this but Bulls are in the DEAD BOTTOM in the Offensive Pace + Offense (ppg) etc.

So you make the judgement.

IMO, Rose is really busting out and really has arrived.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-30-2009, 12:20 PM
agreed, except for 1 thing.

D-Will has proven himself as being elite already, Rose has not. So to say D-Will regressed when he had an ankle injury, and returned to Elite status does not mean that Rose will be as good as D-Will. He still has a lot to prove 1st.

Cool007
12-30-2009, 12:25 PM
agreed, except for 1 thing.

D-Will has proven himself as being elite already, Rose has not. So to say D-Will regressed when he had an ankle injury, and returned to Elite status does not mean that Rose will be as good as D-Will. He still has a lot to prove 1st.

So Since when you prove yourself in 1 season??? Even then Rose had a phenomenal Rookie season - so I guess he must have proved something - ummm like he is not that bad like he started out this year or COULD IT BE A BAD ANKLE???

Southsideheat
12-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Rose will be fine, just has to get his turnovers under control and step up defensively. His jumper is leaps and bounds better than it was at Memphis.

Samz
12-30-2009, 12:43 PM
ONE MONTH OF PLAY DOES NOT PROVE ANYTHING

Do u noe how many players i could name that have good months?
Yeah, theres a lot

Lets see what he does in the REST of the season rather than 1 month then you can say hes better than an elite point guard like deron.

Cool007
12-30-2009, 12:46 PM

Yeah, theres a lot

Lets see what he does in the REST of the season rather than 1 month then you can say hes better than an elite point guard like deron.

Ofcourse, but I had to point that out as on the other side, I could say the same thing for the first month when he was playing hurt and people started calling him "Overrated" and other crap.

I would be surprised if he doesn't keep this up for the rest of the season.

mikantsass
12-30-2009, 12:49 PM
There is no denying that Rose has extreme potential. The problem with Rose is that you Bulls fans annoint him the best PG in the league based off of that potential where he hasnt proved anything yet.

SchyGuy11
12-30-2009, 12:50 PM

Yeah, theres a lot

nobody said he is better than deron. He is saying that rose is finally beginning to emerge and if he keeps this up he will be an elite pg

NickyNick
12-30-2009, 12:51 PM
he doesnt need all of the above to get more assists....he needs to score more and create a double team then he can dish to the open man....dont forget you dont need allstars around you to score, they already made it to the nba they can bank a lay up

but with time im sure rose will be dominant

Cool007
12-30-2009, 01:03 PM
There is no denying that Rose has extreme potential. The problem with Rose is that you Bulls fans annoint him the best PG in the league based off of that potential where he hasnt proved anything yet.

Dude, other than 1 or 2 posters (who might overrate him, but then again you will find that 1 or 2 posters anywhere with any teams' fans), most Bulls fans think he has the potential to be a top 3-5 PG in the league and he is already showing that. That is really not outrageous to think that.

Also, nobody proves anything in just a season and about 29 games.

Cool007
12-30-2009, 01:06 PM
he doesnt need all of the above to get more assists....he needs to score more and create a double team then he can dish to the open man....dont forget you dont need allstars around you to score, they already made it to the nba they can bank a lay up

but with time im sure rose will be dominant

No, he doesn't need all-stars or great big man or great shooters to get 6-assists a game but HE DOES NEED a big who can score and know how to do pick and roll/pop and couple of good enough 3pt spot up shooters to get 8-assists or more a game.

Read taht couple of times to understand what I am saying. You can only penetrate and get open shots for people but you ONLY get assists when people MAKE shots or convert anything.

fairandbalanced
12-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Okay, I have seen a lot of posts where people started bashing Rose when they looked at his overall stats and just jumped onto the conclusions that he has regressed or doesn't look like that he will reach his potential or he is overrated and blah blah blah.

This thread to put things into perspective and let everyone know that how good he has been now that he is FINALLY healthy this month.

People forget that he was hurt to start the season and most players would have just sat out but he played through it as he is a warrior - he also played through rib injuries/wrist injury but NEVER COMPLAINED or MADE EXCUSES. That's a great sign. He has the toughness and LOVES the game.

To put it in perspective, the 2nd best PG in the league in Deron Williams also had similar injury to star the year last year. Here were his stats with that hobbled ankle:

Deron Williams First 20 games after back from his ankle injury: 14.8ppg on 41.7% fg.

I never heard anybody say that Williams was regressed or was overhyped or overrated from anyone. Yet, when Rose had the same thing - and played better than Williams to start the season for the first month, people start saying "He is overrated", "He will never going to be a great player or in top 3 covnersation like people were saying" etc etc.

Also, don't tell me about assists. Assists are so much dependent on the teammates than anything else. Rose is missing 2 main ingredients for PGs that rack up assists.

1) Talented Big Man (men) who can score (know how to run pick n roll/pick n pop.

Who does Rose have??? Rose has neither of the above 3. You give Rose a big man & shooters that Nash/Rondo/CP3/Deron/Billups/Parker etc have and see how good he will be. You can only get assists when your teammates can do anything with the ball. Know how to convert the pass (shoot/finish inside etc).

Also, people don't know this but Bulls are in the DEAD BOTTOM in the Offensive Pace + Offense (ppg) etc.

I won't celebrate a pg that averages 6apg. An All-Star pg should be averaging atleast 9apg

Pierzynski4Prez
12-30-2009, 01:15 PM
So Since when you prove yourself in 1 season??? Even then Rose had a phenomenal Rookie season - so I guess he must have proved something - ummm like he is not that bad like he started out this year or COULD IT BE A BAD ANKLE???

Not sure what you mean in that 1st sentence as it doesn't make any sense.

Nobody is denying Rose had a great rookie season. He proved he was worthy of the #1 pick. But even that doesn't prove that he is going to be the top PG to come, or even a top 3 or 5 PG. I was just saying it isn't fair to say he will be as good as D-Will because D-Will put up similar numbers when he was playing with an ankle injury. All of us in Chicago are praying that he becomes the top PG in the NBA, but nothing is guaranteed. He needs to earn it first.

bodupp311
12-30-2009, 01:18 PM

yet another poster saying "us bulls fans" saying hes the GOAT or best pg in the league. show me where any bulls fans said that & btw you might as well close this thread because this will turn into a DRose bashing thread

Southsideheat
12-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Rose is a scoring point guard. He's never going to be a shut down defender, or an assist machine, but if he can be average in both and limit his turnovers, he's going to be really really good. Somebody you can build around because he can take the ball and score at any moment.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-30-2009, 01:31 PM
yet another poster saying "us bulls fans" saying hes the GOAT or best pg in the league. show me where any bulls fans said that & btw you might as well close this thread because this will turn into a DRose bashing thread

Rose >> Rondo

Here we go.....

Southsideheat
12-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Rose >> Rondo

Here we go.....

I hate comparing the two because they're completely different point guards who are asked to do completely different things.

Bullsfan22
12-30-2009, 01:42 PM

see that's the problem you shouldn't let fans dictate what you think about a certain player. Do i dislike rondo because of some celtics fans yes, but i won't hesitate to say that he looks like the best pg. in the east right now. That's whats wrong with these forums now, i know so much intelligent posters in the bulls forum that would bring a lot to this forum, but don't bother to come because of that. Notice the darling of this forum is kevin durant? It's because only a few okc fans post here. Same goes for Evans also (not saying they don't deserve it, just people aren't as quick to bring it up).

Pierzynski4Prez
12-30-2009, 01:44 PM
see that's the problem you shouldn't let fans dictate what you think about a certain player. Do i dislike rondo because of some celtics fans yes, but i won't hesitate to say that he looks like the best pg. in the east right now. That's whats wrong with these forums now, i know so much intelligent posters in the bulls forum that would bring a lot to this forum, but don't bother to come because of that. Notice the darling of this forum is kevin durant? It's because only a few okc fans post here. Same goes for Evans also (not saying they don't deserve it, just people aren't as quick to bring it up).

I dislike Rondo because he was a little ***** in the playoffs.

fairandbalanced
12-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Rose is a scoring point guard. He's never going to be a shut down defender, or an assist machine, but if he can be average in both and limit his turnovers, he's going to be really really good. Somebody you can build around because he can take the ball and score at any moment.

That's the definition of a shooting guard.

Cubsfan365
12-30-2009, 01:51 PM
I would love to see how Rondo would play without Pierce, Garnett, and Allen. When those three are broken up, Rondo vs. Rose will not even be a discussion anymore. Any of these people who won't give credit to Rose with the way he is playing lately are just in denial and probably always will be.

JordansBulls
12-30-2009, 01:53 PM

I'm just glad he has finally came into his own now.

ProdigyI
12-30-2009, 02:11 PM
rose ftw all star game

ManRam
12-30-2009, 03:15 PM
I won't celebrate a pg that averages 6apg. An All-Star pg should be averaging atleast 9apg

6 assists gets you into the top 10 for PGs. Along with defense, scoring, playmaking and ball handling, an all star PG can easily average less than 9 assists a game. Last year, no PG in the East average 9 assists a game. I don't get your point. Look at the East PGs last year. None average over 7. Mo and Jameer weren't even about 5.5.

I would love to see how Rondo would play without Pierce, Garnett, and Allen. When those three are broken up, Rondo vs. Rose will not even be a discussion anymore. Any of these people who won't give credit to Rose with the way he is playing lately are just in denial and probably always will be.

You've seen how he does without KG. You've seen how he does without Pierce. He does even better. Look what he did vs. GS (yes, they lost). He scored 30, had 15 assists, and shot over 60%. The day Rose does that I'll be shocked. Rondo is elite. The best PG in the East, with or without 3 HOFers.

beardown78
12-30-2009, 03:18 PM
I don't understand all the DRose haters out there nobody was annointing Rose as A top point guard in his rookie year or sayin he's better than Paul or Williams. Does he have the potential to be great? yes he does with hard work and dedication. Rose has all of the physical tools to be an elite point guard in this league for years to come and I believe with the right coaching and system he will reach that status. You gotta remember he's only 21 yrs old and still learning the position, he didnt go to college for 3 or 4 years and find tune his game, he was one and done and I think with that being said hes right on track. To you posters who label him as a 2 guard or say his assist are low have to look at his situation, He is the only one on the Bulls that can create his own shot and break down defenders at will so he's looked upon to be A scorer to be the man and create for himself. Chicago media were getting on him for being too passive.IMO if the Bulls sign A superstar player to team with Rose his assist will be around 9 to 10 per game easily. Rose doen't have the luxury of playing with an allstar player to boost hie assist, ala Paul and David West, Williams and Boozer, Nash and Stat, Rondo and 3 hall of famers, Nelson and Howard,Lewis. So please stop the D Rose hate and admit he's A good young player. And another thing, Who ever says John Wall is A better point guard right now than D Rose is truely basketball stupid. Who compares A college freshman to a 2nd year NBA player, I aint hating on Wall I think he's gonna be special but come on

D1JM
12-30-2009, 03:28 PM
6 assists gets you into the top 10 for PGs. Along with defense, scoring, playmaking and ball handling, an all star PG can easily average less than 9 assists a game. Last year, no PG in the East average 9 assists a game. I don't get your point. Look at the East PGs last year. None average over 7. Mo and Jameer weren't even about 5.5.

u cant beat google

Bullsfan22
12-30-2009, 03:36 PM

You've seen how he does without KG. You've seen how he does without Pierce. He does even better. Look what he did vs. GS (yes, they lost). He scored 30, had 15 assists, and shot over 60%. The day Rose does that I'll be shocked. Rondo is elite. The best PG in the East, with or without 3 HOFers.

how quickly you forget about game 1. and that was on a bigger stage and he got the W, did rondo? also when kg is missing he has pierce and allen when pierce is missing he has allen and kg. rather you want to admit it or not rondo won't be the main focus of any defense untill the team is rid of the hall of famers.

Chacarron
12-30-2009, 04:07 PM

most Bulls fans think he has the potential to be a top 3-5 PG in the league and he is already showing that.

I'm pretty sure Cool007 is a bulls fan. :shrug:

Cool007
12-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Look what he did vs. GS (yes, they lost). He scored 30, had 15 assists, and shot over 60%. The day Rose does that I'll be shocked. Rondo is elite. The best PG in the East, with or without 3 HOFers.

Huh??? Rose already did that against your very own Rondo and the Celtics (elite team) in a PLAYOFF game.

Remember that 36 points and 11 assists game vs Rondo??? How quickly we forget???

Doing against Warriors is not taht great but I still give ton of credit to Rondo. But you are now overrating him.

So in your theory, remember that Jennings guy who scored 55 on that same warriors team. I can say Rondo will never ever do that and I will be shocked.
Just like how you made the statement above.

Cubsfan365
12-30-2009, 04:09 PM

Good joke dude. One game does not serve as a sufficient example to rest your case upon. Rondo did that against GS, the same team who Jennings dropped 55 against and created all the hype around him. And there is no chance in hell Rondo would be top PG in the East without 3 all stars, considering he isn't even the top PG in the East right now.

Cubsfan365
12-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Huh??? Rose already did that against your very own Rondo and the Celtics (elite team) in a PLAYOFF game.

Remember that 36 points and 11 assists game vs Rondo??? How quickly we forget???

Doing against Warriors is not taht great but I still give ton of credit to Rondo. But you are now overrating him.

So in your theory, remember that Jennings guy who scored 55 on that same warriors team. I can say Rondo will never ever do that and I will be shocked.
Just like how you made the statement above.
Wow, we had almost an indentical post. Sorry I didn't see it until after I posted mine.

Cool007
12-30-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm pretty sure Cool007 is a bulls fan. :shrug:

wow!! Some people need to learn to read.

I said he has POTENTIAL to be a top 3-5 PG in the league - I never said he is the best PG in the NBA??? I never said anywhere.

Chacarron
12-30-2009, 04:13 PM
wow!! Some people need to learn to read.

I said he has POTENTIAL to be a top 3-5 PG in the league - I never said he is the best PG in the NBA??? I never said anywhere.

The reason you keep saying he has potential is because you are a Bulls fan.

$ NyC $
12-30-2009, 04:14 PM
I agree that atm Rose is a scoring guard, BUT, you guys can't blame him for that. The Bulls are one of the worse offensive teams and his team needs him to score. If Rose doesn't put the scoring load on his shoulders who will? Salmons, Hinrich? Thomas? I can see him averaging a little better than Marbury Prime stats minus the attitude and crazyness.

Cubsfan365
12-30-2009, 04:16 PM
The reason you keep saying he has potential is because you are a Bulls fan.
Do you not think Rose has potential?

ManRam
12-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Good joke dude. One game does not serve as a sufficient example to rest your case upon. Rondo did that against GS, the same team who Jennings dropped 55 against and created all the hype around him. And there is no chance in hell Rondo would be top PG in the East without 3 all stars, considering he isn't even the top PG in the East right now.

Okay. Look what he did in the playoffs without KG. Take the three games Pierce has been out. 22.3 points, 9.7 assists, 6 rebounds shooting 50%. His numbers were better in the regular season with KG out. In the playoffs he was 16.9, 9.8, 9.7. What more can he do to prove he is a stud.

I'm in no way a Celtics fan. But I don't think there is one player in the game more exciting to watch. The numbers don't do him justice. Just watch him play. He has complete control over the offense. That's his team.

Ray Allen is no longer an all-star. KG isn't who he used to be. Rondo is just as good as any of them. I think he has as much to do with that team being good than vise versa. He's playing with two all-stars, and at times just one, and he's putting up better numbers than ever.

And we haven't even mentioned the fact that he's the best defensive PG by far in the East.

Bullsfan22
12-30-2009, 04:19 PM
looking at the guys stats he averages 9.7...to me that's average when you factor in the multiple ways you can get assist with a team like the celtics.

pick and pop with kg's deadly top of the key shot, ray allen off screen, pierce of screen and catching and shooting, sheed off off pick and rolls.

If you call rose overrated you'd better mention rondo right after.

rose averages 6 assist with loul deng, noah, taj gibson, kirk hinrich, and john salmons. enough said.

kjoke
12-30-2009, 04:20 PM
rando>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rose
:rolleyes:

Raph12
12-30-2009, 04:21 PM

His stats in his last 5 games are what he should be avging for the season, now I understand there were complications early, but I'll only buy into it if he can keep it up for the rest of the season.

Bullsfan22
12-30-2009, 04:22 PM
I agree that atm Rose is a scoring guard, BUT, you guys can't blame him for that. The Bulls are one of the worse offensive teams and his team needs him to score. If Rose doesn't put the scoring load on his shoulders who will? Salmons, Hinrich? Thomas? I can see him averaging a little better than Marbury Prime stats minus the attitude and crazyness.

:clap:

Chacarron
12-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Do you not think Rose has potential?

I'm not a Bulls fan really but I'll say this. Rose is good right now, probably top 10 PG in the league, and he may have the potential to be top 3-5, but a lot depends on his progress. He is only in his second year in the league and I get that he was the number one pick. I just think that he needs time. I never said he didn't have potential.

JordansBulls
12-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Rose should average no less than 18-20 ppg. Hell teams has 2 stars where one of them averages 18-20 ppg and the other more than 25 ppg. Rose as the main star shouldn't average less than what a 2nd star on the team averages.

Cubsfan365
12-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Okay. Look what he did in the playoffs without KG. Take the three games Pierce has been out. 22.3 points, 9.7 assists, 6 rebounds shooting 50%. His numbers were better in the regular season with KG out. In the playoffs he was 16.9, 9.8, 9.7. What more can he do to prove he is a stud.

I'm in no way a Celtics fan. But I don't think there is one player in the game more exciting to watch. The numbers don't do him justice. Just watch him play. He has complete control over the offense. That's his team.

Ray Allen is no longer an all-star. KG isn't who he used to be. Rondo is just as good as any of them. I think he has as much to do with that team being good than vise versa. He's playing with two all-stars, and at times just one, and he's putting up better numbers than ever.

And we haven't even mentioned the fact that he's the best defensive PG by far in the East.
You say Rondo is the easily best defensive point guard in the NBA? Then how come Rose absolutely torches him every time they play each other. Rose drives by Rondo like he isn't even there.

SteveNash
12-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Rose put up numbers similar to that early last season, so no he hasn't "arrived".

$ NyC $
12-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Rose has all the abilities to become a #1. He gets to the rim at will and his hops are amazing. He can also become a solid defender. For now, his main job is to carry the teams scoring load and to put points on the board. Get him a more reliable Big Man and he'll put up better numbers and more efficiently.

No offense 2 Bulls fans but they don't have really a reliable scorer that can create his own shot maybe besides Deng. Salmons was decent but he's really been in a slouch this year. Rest of the team struggles.

C_Mund
12-30-2009, 04:43 PM

If you're going to have a cheat sheet for your arguments at least get the facts right. Jose Calderon averaged 9 apg last year.

ManRam
12-30-2009, 04:44 PM
You say Rondo is the easily best defensive point guard in the NBA? Then how come Rose absolutely torches him every time they play each other. Rose drives by Rondo like he isn't even there.

First off...this will be my last post here. I didn't mean to hijack it.

I don't know what you're watching. He's had a few good games...

Career vs. Boston: 43.6%, 14.4 points, 2.4 boards, 3.8 assists, 0.4 steals, 0.2 blocks...

That's definitely torching...

ink
12-30-2009, 04:45 PM
This thread doesn't really belong in the NBA forum but I'll leave it because the discussion would just start fights in the Bulls forum. In future though, please don't start threads to prove other people wrong especially when they're based on small sample sizes. It doesn't really matter what fans say about your favourite player(s). In the end young players like Rose will either prove people wrong themselves or not. No need to argue over it in the meantime.

Chronz
12-30-2009, 04:46 PM

Except that nothing you said is true, let me guess, Rose absolutely torched Rondo in the playoffs too right...

Rondo is easily among the best defensive PG in the game, certainly far greater than Rose. But hes not the best, Westbrook owns that title.

looking at the guys stats he averages 9.7...to me that's average when you factor in the multiple ways you can get assist with a team like the celtics.
What are you basing this averageness on? How have you "factored" in the multiple ways you can get assists?

pick and pop with kg's deadly top of the key shot, ray allen off screen, pierce of screen and catching and shooting, sheed off off pick and rolls.
Rose in this offense turns it over like a lunatic and doesnt come close to matching Rondo's assist count.

If you call rose overrated you'd better mention rondo right after.
LOL sure based on what??

rose averages 6 assist with loul deng, noah, taj gibson, kirk hinrich, and john salmons. enough said.

That tells me hes pretty bad. Look at the efficiency in context to his role.

Chronz
12-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Rose has all the abilities to become a #1. He gets to the rim at will and his hops are amazing. He can also become a solid defender. For now, his main job is to carry the teams scoring load and to put points on the board. Get him a more reliable Big Man and he'll put up better numbers and more efficiently.

No offense 2 Bulls fans but they don't have really a reliable scorer that can create his own shot maybe besides Deng. Salmons was decent but he's really been in a slouch this year. Rest of the team struggles.

Hes so inefficient in his role that his play isnt worthy of its praise. Thats basically the point, when fans stop making excuses for his play on his teammates, thats when he will have arrived.

Raph12
12-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Except that nothing you said is true, let me guess, Rose absolutely torched Rondo in the playoffs too right...

Rondo is easily among the best defensive PG in the game, certainly far greater than Rose. But hes not the best, Westbrook owns that title.

D-Will and Billups deserve to be in the convo as well.

ManRam
12-30-2009, 04:48 PM
If you're going to have a cheat sheet for your arguments at least get the facts right. Jose Calderon averaged 9 apg last year.

I meant all-stars. You said no all-star should have less than 9 assists. All of them did last year in the East.

Chronz
12-30-2009, 04:51 PM

Thats probably because you lack any sort of statistical insight to your claims, and your very extremely biased

D-Will and Billups deserve to be in the convo as well.
Ive never seen any evidence to suggest D-Will is a great defender, Billups used to be.

Cool007
12-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Why are we comparing Rose to Rondo??? Totally different situations.

ManRam
12-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Rondo will play without KG or Pierce. I guarantee you he puts up insanely gaudy numbers...without a single all-star playing along side him.

$ NyC $
12-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Hes so inefficient in his role that his play isnt worthy of its praise. Thats basically the point, when fans stop making excuses for his play on his teammates, thats when he will have arrived.

Whoa, that's kinda going over board buddy. Take Rose off the Bulls, and they would be worse than the Nets.

KG2TB
12-30-2009, 04:58 PM
His stats in his last 5 games are what he should be avging for the season, now I understand there were complications early, but I'll only buy into it if he can keep it up for the rest of the season.

Yeah...25, 5, and 6 wouldn't be too bad for a second year PG would they? LOL...that's damned near D. Wade stats. If he kept that up for the whole season he'd be playing way above expectations, just like during his rookie year. I'd be shocked if he kept those numbers up for the rest of the season. 21-23 PPG maybe...but not 25. Let's not forget he's already played better than anybody thought he would starting from last year. He's just 21 years old. If he averaged 25, 5, and 6 he'd be a top player in the game, forget PG's. Maybe then people would stop saying he's overrated, apparently that's what it would take for all the D. Rose haters out there.

IRUAM #21
12-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Rondo

Cubsfan365
12-30-2009, 05:00 PM
First off...this will be my last post here. I didn't mean to hijack it.

I don't know what you're watching. He's had a few good games...

Career vs. Boston: 43.6%, 14.4 points, 2.4 boards, 3.8 assists, 0.4 steals, 0.2 blocks...

That's definitely torching...
I see you strategically left out Rose's playoff stats last year against the Celtics. So, in reality his career stats against Rondo are 17.5 ppg, 5.3 apg, and 4.7 rpg. That compared to you saying he had 14.4 ppg, , 3.8 apg, and 2.4 rpg.

Raph12
12-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Yeah...25, 5, and 6 wouldn't be too bad for a second year PG would they? LOL...that's damned near D. Wade stats. If he kept that up for the whole season he'd be playing way above expectations, just like during his rookie year. I'd be shocked if he kept those numbers up for the rest of the season. 21-23 PPG maybe...but not 25. Let's not forget he's already played better than anybody thought he would starting from last year. He's just 21 years old. If he averaged 25, 5, and 6 he'd be a top player in the game, forget PG's. Maybe then people would stop saying he's overrated, apparently that's what it would take for all the D. Rose haters out there.

Talk to Kevin Durant and get back at me, when your hyped up as much as Rose was last season, people expect greatness from you.

Cubsfan365
12-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Gimme a break. These are the type of comments that lead to people thinking Rose is a "middle-of-the-pack" PG. If you don't give Rose any credit for the way he has been playing for about a month or so now that he is healthy, then you are just totally in denial.

ManRam
12-30-2009, 05:05 PM
I see you strategically left out Rose's playoff stats last year against the Celtics. So, in reality his career stats against Rondo are 17.5 ppg, 5.3 apg, and 4.7 rpg. That compared to you saying he had 14.4 ppg, , 3.8 apg, and 2.4 rpg.

I didn't strategically do anything. I went to yahoo...clicked on splits. Clicked on career and there it was... Regardless...that's not torching either. If you don't think Rondo is an elite PG, you are just crazy. One player doing well vs. another doesn't mean anything anyways.

Cubsfan365
12-30-2009, 05:09 PM
I didn't strategically do anything. I went to yahoo...clicked on splits. Clicked on career and there it was... Regardless...that's not torching either. If you don't think Rondo is an elite PG, you are just crazy. One player doing well vs. another doesn't mean anything anyways.
I strongly disagree that head to head matchups don't mean anything, considering whenever people want to argue the Deron Williams is better than Chris Paul, they always bring up the head to head stats against each other.

ChiSox219
12-30-2009, 05:12 PM
Rondo will play without KG or Pierce. I guarantee you he puts up insanely gaudy numbers...without a single all-star playing along side him.

Maybe, but I think that's an impossible statement to prove. Rondo has learned a lot playing with future HOFers who make his life easier. Without KG Rondo's defense was exposed at times.

I do think Rondo is a great PG and an all-star but I can't make claims that he'd put up better/worse numbers playing in place of Rose.

As for Rose, he's still got a looooonnnngggg way to go. His defense is atrocious, he turns the ball over way too much, and he's not good at drawing contact during the rare occasions he decides to drive.

He looked more promising at the end of last year into the playoffs, I guess that ankle injury really did set him back, but he seems to be improving as the season progresses.

Bullsfan22
12-30-2009, 05:13 PM

What are you basing this averageness on? How have you "factored" in the multiple ways you can get assists?

Rose in this offense turns it over like a lunatic and doesnt come close to matching Rondo's assist count.

LOL sure based on what??

That tells me hes pretty bad. Look at the efficiency in context to his role.

one of the worst posts I've ever seen but i'm going to go to one part in this post and basically not respond to anything else because it would be a waste of time.

1. you can say averaging 6 assist makes him bad when you factor in his inconsistent teammates, and how assists are generated.

2. When it comes to roles with this team their is NONE to speak of, it has become clear to me that you haven't watched enough of this team. The problem is he's is just now starting TAKE the role of the primary player, vinny has yet to give him that role. Most bulls fans couldn't tell you the individual roles of every player on this team and if they could they'd explain what certain players SHOULD be doing not what they are.

I agree with ink post, i cringed when i saw this thread because i knew I'd see posts like this. Might as well lock this thread it's not getting anywhere...back to espn classic I go..

Chronz
12-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Gimme a break. These are the type of comments that lead to people thinking Rose is a "middle-of-the-pack" PG. If you don't give Rose any credit for the way he has been playing for about a month or so now that he is healthy, then you are just totally in denial.
No your just sensitive to criticism, Im stating the truth.

Ni55anpat
12-30-2009, 05:21 PM

I've heard the same thing about Rondo....lmao:facepalm:

ManRam
12-30-2009, 05:21 PM
[/B]

one of the worst posts I've ever seen but i'm going to go to one part in this post and basically not respond to anything else because it would be a waste of time.

1. you can say averaging 6 assist makes him bad when you factor in his inconsistent teammates, and how assists are generated.

2. When it comes to roles with this team their is NONE to speak of, it has become clear to me that you haven't watched enough of this team. The problem is he's is just now starting TAKE the role of the primary player, vinny has yet to give him that role. Most bulls fans couldn't tell you the individual roles of every player on this team and if they could they'd explain what certain players SHOULD be doing not what they are.

I agree with ink post, i cringed when i saw this thread because i knew I'd see posts like this. Might as well lock this thread it's not getting anywhere...back to espn classic I go..

No Rose or Rondo discussion can exist without this stuff occuring. That's just how it is. The thread was ridiculous in the first place. Creating a thread annointing Rose being back in the general forum is just asking for it...especially when his rival is putting up gaudy numbers.

Only time will tell as to who is better. The Big Three will only stay intact for so much longer...and Chicago is bound to get better.

And I was just watching ESPN classic. Good stuff is on today.

KG2TB
12-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Talk to Kevin Durant and get back at me, when your hyped up as much as Rose was last season, people expect greatness from you.

Not his fault he's hyped like that. I think true basketball fans, and knowledgeable fans don't fall into the trap of ESPN and the media, they judge a player based on their own eyes, foresight, and knowledge of the game. I know this, he's not playing too bad right now for a 2nd year PG and he's only gonna get better. I think if he finishes the season averaging 20 PPG 4.5 RPG, and 6.3 APG that's right where his expected development should be, at least from my perspective. Give him a consistent 3 point shooter (bulls have none) and at least a semi consistent low post threat (again, bulls have none) you'll see his assists go up

Chronz
12-30-2009, 05:24 PM
[/B]
Im not sure if your saying I said this or asking me? Did I really, I meant your excuse was weak. Cuz look at all the other PG's who dont average so many assists, they find ways to remain efficient, why make excuses for Rose. Is he SO different than anyone else to ever play the game?

2. When it comes to roles with this team their is NONE to speak of, it has become clear to me that you haven't watched enough of this team.
LMFAO yes except that I can literally watch any possession of theirs at a whims notice, and Ive made it a point to watch the Bulls.

The problem is he's is just now starting TAKE the role of the primary player, vinny has yet to give him that role. Most bulls fans couldn't tell you the individual roles of every player on this team and if they could they'd explain what certain players SHOULD be doing not what they are.
I know, Im judging him IN that role. The fact that you have to blame the coach tells me all I need to know. Vinny is a simpleton, hes running a basic flex offense half the time, its how the Bulls have played for awhile now, only Rose's creativity adds his own wrinkles to it, but he still struggles to grasp simple concepts. I wont go in depth because Ive elaborated on it before, countless of times. Suffice to say, your you dont watch the game excuse wont ever fly with me. I may be wrong, but its not for lack of effort.

And where you shall stay, waiting for G1 of last years opening round vs the C's

cr00zi3
12-30-2009, 05:26 PM

I agree...but i also think he has that pass first mentality. I can tell that when he wants to score he is going to do it with everything he got, but in order to win games he needs to run the offense an thats exactly what he has been doing. As long as he has that pass first mentality an score whenever he has the chance then i will most definitly put him in the elite point guard topic.
But if he doesnt average at least 21 an 8 then he still has more work to do. Everyone has a valid point.

Gators123
12-30-2009, 05:28 PM
And I was just watching ESPN classic. Good stuff is on today.

Thanks for posting, now I will be glued to my TV for a few hours.

Chronz
12-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Whoa, that's kinda going over board buddy. Take Rose off the Bulls, and they would be worse than the Nets.
I never said theyd be better without him, but depends on what Nets your talking about. The Nets that started the year or the Nets at full capacity once gelled?

Chronz
12-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Why are we comparing Rose to Rondo??? Totally different situations.
Edited as to not to flame you rather boast those of us who want to debate:

Because its not that hard for those of us with a vast understanding of the game.

Chronz
12-30-2009, 05:34 PM
I strongly disagree that head to head matchups don't mean anything, considering whenever people want to argue the Deron Williams is better than Chris Paul, they always bring up the head to head stats against each other.

And they are always wrong in thinking a 12 game sample or whatever is more telling than the other 98% of the players career.

Gators123
12-30-2009, 05:35 PM
Game 4 Boston @ Chicago is on ESPN classic at 6pm est time.

Bulls win

Rondo 25 points 11 rebounds 11 assist 1 TO
Rose 23 points 11 rebounds 9 assist 7 TO

IversonIsKrazy
12-30-2009, 05:41 PM
Rose has bin great since mid-November, he was just awful in the first 3/4 weeks. Hes only getting 6 apg though, i was hoping for that to go up, but its pretty hard considering the ONLY shooter on that team is Salmons, and well hes been awful piece of **** this season.

KG2TB
12-30-2009, 05:50 PM
Yeah I think this could be concluded very easily. Rose is playing extremely well right now after hampered by an ankle injury. He still has PLENTY of things to improve on as he's only a 2nd year player. All the people who underrate him saying he's no good are retards, and all the people who have already anointed him are equally ********. He won't reach his potential for another 2-3 years. He's still a hell of a player even this year. I think that pretty much sums it up and should limit all the banter here.

$ NyC $
12-30-2009, 06:16 PM
I never said theyd be better without him, but depends on what Nets your talking about. The Nets that started the year or the Nets at full capacity once gelled?

The Nets can all hold hands and become best buddies and they won't make much of an improvement. You said he was so inefficient it shadows his positives.

Aapox
12-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Yeah I think this could be concluded very easily. Rose is playing extremely well right now after hampered by an ankle injury. He still has PLENTY of things to improve on as he's only a 2nd year player. All the people who underrate him saying he's no good are retards, and all the people who have already anointed him are equally ********. He won't reach his potential for another 2-3 years. He's still a hell of a player even this year. I think that pretty much sums it up and should limit all the banter here.

Yes.

No.

Cubsfan365
12-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Game 4 Boston @ Chicago is on ESPN classic at 6pm est time.

Bulls win

Rondo 25 points 11 rebounds 11 assist 1 TO
Rose 23 points 11 rebounds 9 assist 7 TO
I'm convinced Gators posts more on Bulls topics to bash us than he does on topics about the Pistons.

Gators123
12-30-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm convinced Gators posts more on Bulls topics to bash us than he does on topics about the Pistons.

I'm convinced you have some sort of crush on me, are you gay? you reply to everyone of my post.

Kakaroach
12-30-2009, 07:38 PM
He's picking it up now, that injury really hindered him like it did to Deron Williams last year.

ProdigyI
12-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Do you non-Bulls fans think that Derrick Rose will make the All Star game this year?

He's averging 18 and 6 and is coming on strong now that hes healthy. Just curious to see from a non-bias standpoint.

Cubsfan365
12-30-2009, 07:50 PM
I'm convinced you have some sort of crush on me, are you gay? you reply to everyone of my post.
That's because all you ever do is bash on the Bulls. And I am not the only Bullls fan to call you out on that, but every time we say something you never respond to what we say. Why are you ALWAYS hating on the Bulls???? I believe you were saying the Pistons were way better than the Bulls a couple weeks back, and said the Pistons would be better when their players came back. Well your players are back, and you just got blown out by the Knicks and are on a sweet 8 game losing streak and sitting at 11-20. The Bulls are at 12-17 and things are looking up, so what do you have to say now?

ManRam
12-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Do you non-Bulls fans think that Derrick Rose will make the All Star game this year?

He's averging 18 and 6 and is coming on strong now that hes healthy. Just curious to see from a non-bias standpoint.

I'd take Rondo and Mo over him (Mo is playing out of his mind right now) as PGs. SGs, I'd take Wade, JJ and Iggy over him. No more than 5 guards will make it. He's got a chance, but I doubt it will happen. I could see an argument for him over Mo, but I wouldn't make it. Team success matters...even with all-star voting. If the Bulls were .500 right now like the were last year, than I'd get him in there.

Gators123
12-30-2009, 07:56 PM
That's because all you ever do is bash on the Bulls. And I am not the only Bullls fan to call you out on that, but every time we say something you never respond to what we say. Why are you ALWAYS hating on the Bulls???? I believe you were saying the Pistons were way better than the Bulls a couple weeks back, and said the Pistons would be better when their players came back. Well your players are back, and you just got blown out by the Knicks and are on a sweet 8 game losing streak and sitting at 11-20. The Bulls are at 12-17 and things are looking up, so what do you have to say now?

How was I bashing the bulls?

Yeah Rip Prince and BG have been back for what 2 straight games? Prince has missed almost 2 months hes rusty and Rip is still rusty. Plus Charlie V has plantar fasciitis and Bynum has 2 sprained ankles.

When both teams are completely healthy Pistons are better. It may take Rip and Prince a couple weeks to get back to where they used to be.

Atleast you didn't deny that your gay.

Stunner
12-30-2009, 07:56 PM

This is true. Sorry Gator.

Gators123
12-30-2009, 07:57 PM
This is true. Sorry Gator.

KG2TB
12-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Gators is the biggest homer and Bulls hater on the forums. He actually comes into the Bulls forums just to talk trash. It's pretty funny...in a sad kind of way

Gators123
12-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Gators is the biggest homer and Bulls hater on the forums. He actually comes into the Bulls forums just to talk trash. It's pretty funny...in a sad kind of way

holy **** bulls fans are ridiculous, When was the last I trash talked in the bulls forum?

KG2TB
12-30-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm not sure. I do not mark such things in my calender. Are you saying you never did it...for a while?

yankee$fan213
yes he has finally arrived, and glad to see it wish him the best

Cubsfan365
this is true. Sorry gator.
hahaha

Cubsfan365
12-30-2009, 08:04 PM
holy **** bulls fans are ridiculous, When was the last I trash talked in the bulls forum?
I told you

Gators123
12-30-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm not sure. I do not mark such things in my calender. Are you saying you never did it...for a while?

I'm not saying I haven't had a little fun in the bulls forum, But that was months ago.

Stunner
12-30-2009, 08:05 PM

He was jus saying every D Rose forum pops up u bash him and the Bulls and tell us how much better Rondo is better than Rose.

KG2TB
12-30-2009, 08:06 PM
So I guess I'm not that ridiculous...

Either way, good luck with your Pistons

Gators123
12-30-2009, 08:07 PM
He was jus saying every D Rose forum pops up u bash him and the Bulls and tell us how much better Rondo is better than Rose.

I didn't say that. I posted that ESPN classic had Bulls and Celtics game 4 on tv. The bulls won. How is that bashing?

Gators123
12-30-2009, 08:08 PM
So I guess I'm not that ridiculous...

Either way, good luck with your Pistons

It is ridiculous because that was like 4 bulls fans in a row saying something. talk about baiting someone.

KG2TB
12-30-2009, 08:09 PM
LOL

Gators, you're the definition of baiting. It's fine though, I enjoy it, it's pretty funny

Gators123
12-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I'm baiting and you guys aren't.

KG2TB
12-30-2009, 08:15 PM
Well...if you're referring to me...I don't know how I ever baited. I simply stated you used to come into the Bulls forums talking outlandish trash that was way over the top and absurd. And that you're a Pistons homer...which is also true. Nothing wrong with that. The majority of this site is filled with homers. Play on playa

Gators123
12-30-2009, 08:18 PM
Well...if you're referring to me...I don't know how I ever baited. I simply stated you used to come into the Bulls forums talking outlandish trash that was way over the top and absurd. And that you're a Pistons homer...which is also true. Nothing wrong with that. The majority of this site is filled with homers. Play on playa

So you came in here to say that I baited in the bulls forum a couple months ago? :clap:

KG2TB
12-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Nope. I actually have a few posts previous to that, that actually dealt with the topic. Very fair, and level - headed assessments too I might add

ink
12-30-2009, 08:32 PM
Completely useless thread. As predicted.