PDA

View Full Version : John Wall is a beast!!!!!

runforrestrunx9
12-29-2009, 11:11 PM
he was incredible 2nite! hes guna be such a stud... i honestly think that if u put him in the NBA rite now he would be a top 5 PG... He put up 16 assists 2nite and i look at him as a Rondo type guy as far as getting 2 the hoop/assists type guy, but he can actually shoot the rock... (his game is like a combo of Dwade and Rondo)

I am praying my sixers get him... a combo of Wall and Jrue backcourt for the next 10 years would be awesome

Just thought id make this thread 2 give wall sum props for his record breaking (16 assists) game 2nite.:)

SA5195
12-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Yup he's a beast

mikantsass
12-29-2009, 11:22 PM
Wall is a beast dont get me wrong, but Kentucky just played Hartford.. They won by almost 50 points

Thats like Reggie Bush at USC running for 250 yards against McNeese State

asandhu23
12-29-2009, 11:22 PM
tell me something i don't know

TheKing23
12-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I just said this in the other John Wall thread.

The guy is catching on quick, and I think the most telling stat is his 1 turnover. He's been struggling with his turnovers and is at about 4 a game for the season, but to dish 16 dimes and turn the ball over once is mighty impressive no matter who you're playing.

RaptorizedKevin
12-30-2009, 12:36 AM
i hope the nets get him :P

they need to get back their fans FAST.

runforrestrunx9
12-30-2009, 12:43 AM
^^^ that woud break my heart

ManRam
12-30-2009, 12:46 AM
They played Hartford, who's starting PG got injured early on. So yes, what he did tonight proves he'll be a beast...

LakersIn5
12-30-2009, 12:55 AM
adam morrison was a beast in college...

runforrestrunx9
12-30-2009, 12:58 AM
They played Hartford, who's starting PG got injured early on. So yes, what he did tonight proves he'll be a beast...

it was more of a general statement, not just what he did tonight

dwadefan03
12-30-2009, 12:58 AM
hes no doubt gonna be real good...you can just see it. hes like the lebron james of that draft class.....everyone can already see hes gonna be a beast

theuuord
12-30-2009, 01:05 AM
John Wall is the real deal. There is no real comparison in the NBA. The closest I can think of is Rajon Rondo with more scoring weapons at the rim and a better jump shot. Hell, watching him run is a highlight in and of itself; it's like he's got springs in his shoes and every step he's just bouncing forward.

In the first minute of the Hartford game, Wall poked a ball out from behind a defender, ran into the stands, jumped over two rows of people, landed perfectly on both feet on a media table, stood there for a second, then jumped down and landed perfectly. I've never seen anything like that in a basketball game before, and it was a completely inconsequential play.

His athleticism is absolutely off the charts and his basketball IQ is excellent as well. The only issue at this point is that he relies on his athleticism too much against weaker teams; jumping passing lanes, trying to do too much dribbling/fancy passing and playing catch-up down court defensively rather than just staying in front of his man all the way. That most likely is just "well, what the hell, I'm the best college player in te universe and we're playing Hartford/Rider/Drexel/UNC-Asheville/etc." syndrome.

16-1 is going to do wonders for his already not bad assist-to-turnover ratio though.

runforrestrunx9
12-30-2009, 01:08 AM
John Wall is the real deal. There is no real comparison in the NBA. The closest I can think of is Rajon Rondo with more scoring weapons at the rim and a better jump shot. Hell, watching him run is a highlight in and of itself; it's like he's got springs in his shoes and every step he's just bouncing forward.

In the first minute of the Hartford game, Wall poked a ball out from behind a defender, ran into the stands, jumped over two rows of people, landed perfectly on both feet on a media table, stood there for a second, then jumped down and landed perfectly. I've never seen anything like that in a basketball game before, and it was a completely inconsequential play.

His athleticism is absolutely off the charts and his basketball IQ is excellent as well. The only issue at this point is that he relies on his athleticism too much against weaker teams; jumping passing lanes, trying to do too much dribbling/fancy passing and playing catch-up down court defensively rather than just staying in front of his man all the way. That most likely is just "well, what the hell, I'm the best college player in te universe and we're playing Hartford/Rider/Drexel/UNC-Asheville/etc." syndrome.

16-1 is going to do wonders for his already not bad assist-to-turnover ratio though.
that would be a real fun syndrome 2 have haha

Da616
12-30-2009, 01:10 AM
He'll stay for at least 2 years
Dont mark my words on that

theuuord
12-30-2009, 01:12 AM

nobody will.

xbrackattackx
12-30-2009, 02:02 AM
Kid can't be compared to Rondo. Wall is way Nastier and better handles. Some of his ankle breakers are ridiculous.

runforrestrunx9
12-30-2009, 02:29 AM

when u r the unanimous #1 overall pick, u never stay for 2 years

blastmasta26
12-30-2009, 02:29 AM
Man, I wish the Knicks had their first round pick. Then they could play all their young talent and essentially tank to get Wall. Wall in his sleep>Duhon.

Damela
12-30-2009, 02:30 AM
Kid can't be compared to Rondo. Wall isWay Nastier and better handles. Some of his ankle breakers are ridiculous.

There is no way you can compare him to Rondo. He is so much more fluent and smooth with the way he carries himself on the court, from his ball handle to the way he gets to the hoop. He is way more poised and controlled than Rondo is.
This guy will change the way PGs are played.

_KB24_
12-30-2009, 02:38 AM
Please come to the CLIPS!!!!!! Do you think he would break the curse?

xbrackattackx
12-30-2009, 02:41 AM
There is no way you can compare him to Rondo. He is so much more fluent and smooth with the way he carries himself on the court, from his ball handle to the way he gets to the hoop. He is way more poised and controlled than Rondo is.
This guy will change the way PGs are played.

I never get high on draft players but I think this guy will be there next Season with the whole who is better CP3 or D-will Debate. You are right he is silky smooth and can take it to the hole and find holes that make you say wow.

barreleffact
12-30-2009, 02:44 AM
I never get high on draft players but I think this guy will be there next Season with the whole who is better CP3 or D-will Debate. You are right he is silky smooth and can take it to the hole and find holes that make you say wow.

easy there buddy. too soon

xbrackattackx
12-30-2009, 02:55 AM
easy there buddy. too soon

Unless he has a freak injury, I would say he could be. I never really count the eggs before they hatch but this kid has me impressed, watched him play in high school ,the Jordan game and now college. He has a great basketball I.Q and tremendous athleticism. but you are right how about In 3 years those 3 will be battling it out? Maybe with D-rose and Rondo for the top 5 Better?

Raph12
12-30-2009, 03:04 AM
He is dirty without a doubt, we'll see if he can live up to his hype next year.

Cubs Win
12-30-2009, 04:14 AM
John Wall is the man! He is soo fun to watch. I hope he commits a crime or something to lower his draft stock so he falls to the Bulls! D-Rose and J. Wall in the same back court :drool: Even if he's not a Bull I can't decide if I want him to go to the West and stay a way from the Bulls or out East so I get to watch him more and there is a Rose-Wall rivalry.

musefan1990
12-30-2009, 04:23 AM
he's goooooooooood

I Am Awesome-O
12-30-2009, 04:52 AM
adam morrison was a beast in college...

Give me a break. That's about the weakest comparison you could use.

Morrsion is an awful athlete that literally can't do anything on the court but shoot. I still have no idea why he was ever considered a good prospect. He isn't even good at the one thing he was drafted for - shooting the ball - as his release is too low to get his shot off in the NBA.

Don't compare Wall to Morrison. Wall is on a completely different level than Morrison as a player/athlete/teammate. Wall has every tool in the shed, and he obviously knows how to use them. Morrison had one tool, and it is pretty much broken. The difference between the two is GARGANTUAN. Geeze, what an asinine thing to say.

_KB24_
12-30-2009, 05:11 AM
give me a break. That's about the weakest comparison you could use.

Morrsion is an awful athlete that literally can't do anything on the court but shoot. I still have no idea why he was ever considered a good prospect. He isn't even good at the one thing he was drafted for - shooting the ball - as his release is too low to get his shot off in the nba.

Don't compare wall to morrison. Wall is on a completely different level than morrison as a player/athlete/teammate. Wall has every tool in the shed, and he obviously knows how to use them. Morrison had one tool, and it is pretty much broken. The difference between the two is gargantuan. Geeze, what an asinine thing to say.

+1281271279872397197312873912739127319732918791732 91273193719731973917921739173917391879127398237287 817392379217391378912739173931311

B.JenningsMVP
12-30-2009, 05:22 AM
B e a s t

Bishnoff
12-30-2009, 06:22 AM
I hope he stays until the Suns have a crack at him. Who am I kidding, we'll never get him.

Mr.ATLHawks
12-30-2009, 08:25 AM
John Wall is a beast but let us digress a little and give kudos to ROD STRICKLAND for the job he is doing with these young point guards....D.Rose, T.Evans now J.Wall...this man is setting himself up to be a great coach someday and i will be looking foward to seeing what he can do in the Head Coach position.

Raph12
12-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Give me a break. That's about the weakest comparison you could use.

Morrsion is an awful athlete that literally can't do anything on the court but shoot. I still have no idea why he was ever considered a good prospect. He isn't even good at the one thing he was drafted for - shooting the ball - as his release is too low to get his shot off in the NBA.

Don't compare Wall to Morrison. Wall is on a completely different level than Morrison as a player/athlete/teammate. Wall has every tool in the shed, and he obviously knows how to use them. Morrison had one tool, and it is pretty much broken. The difference between the two is GARGANTUAN. Geeze, what an asinine thing to say.

LMFAO!!! Did he actually compare John Wall to Adam Morrison!!!

Wow is all I can say.