PDA

View Full Version : If I am a team in the East or the Lakers...

RaysFan
12-29-2009, 10:57 PM
I am PRAYING that Washington doesn't end up trading Antawn Jamison to Cleveland. Jamison is the perfect fit for this Cleveland team. Not only is he a stretch PF but if you leave him alone in the paint he can create his own shot. Right now the teams that play Cleveland completely ignore JJ Hickson, Anderson Varejao, or anyone else that Cleveland has at PF.

Not only is Jamison talented but he is a rare person that is talented AND a perfect fit for Cleveland's team. He is a PF version of Mo Williams and we all see how much Mo has helped since arriving to Cleveland. Plus he is a smart player and true professional so he should learn Mike Brown's rotation-based defensive scheme quickly. He isn't an elite defender, but I believe he has enough intelligence to be a decent defender within Cleveland's system.

If Cleveland adds Jamison to their team, I don't see anyone stopping them.

bigsams50
12-29-2009, 11:01 PM
Wash wont trade him

ManRam
12-29-2009, 11:04 PM
If they somehow get Antawn (doubt it) they'd become the somewhat clear favorites in the East IMO. He's exactly what they need.

kblo247
12-29-2009, 11:04 PM
Actually, Jamison would make life easier for the Celtics, Mavs, and Lakers if he plays PF because Odom, KG, and Lewis can defend him and take boards for him. Now the catch 22 is that Shaq will play better with him.

You also have to take Mike Brown's schemes into account when you think about how he would be integrated as talent alone doesn't result in a good fit.

TheKing23
12-29-2009, 11:14 PM
He would be a fantastic fit, but you've gotta look at how the Cavs are playing at the moment... Winning 10 of our last 11 against some good teams like the Blazers, Suns, Lakers, Rockets and Hawks.

Teams sag off Varejao and ignore him on offense and they get punished by his great off the ball movement and connection he has with Mo and LeBron. He is one of the main reasons we're 25-8 right now and bringing in Jamison would see his minutes decrease substantially.

Good fit for the team, yes, but there's always a possibility of ruining the teams chemistry.

smith&wesson
12-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Mike brown sucks, doesnt matter who you add to the cavs. He will still only run iso's for james because thats all he knows how to do.

theuuord
12-29-2009, 11:23 PM
Imagine if Cleveland gets Jamison and Orlando gets Boozer.....

Tyking4
12-29-2009, 11:26 PM
Yankess' would beat em. End of story.

dev0
12-29-2009, 11:33 PM
[QUOTE=RaysFan;11831993] He is a PF version of Mo Williams and we all see how much Mo has helped since arriving to Cleveland.

PF version? how is he related to Mo Williams?

anyways it wouldnt happen but just saying that if it did, he would be one of the best possible pickups the Cavs could ever make and would be perfect for that team, you're right

heyman321
12-29-2009, 11:33 PM
Man, imagine if the Raptors got Camby and Baron Davis for Calderon and Bargnani, they would be a lot better...

Teeboy1487
12-29-2009, 11:36 PM
Not really. They would lose length because they would have to trade Big Z to get him. I think they are better off keeping Big Z. A Jamison trade would not scare me at all. It makes them a lot smaller defensively. Their length is what bothers me about them. I think they have enough shooting. Hey if they do it, good for them, but I won't anoint them the champions if they do get him.

Toenail Clipper
12-29-2009, 11:45 PM
Man, imagine if the Raptors got Camby and Baron Davis for Calderon and Bargnani, they would be a lot better...

:puke::puke::puke::puke:

Pentagram
12-30-2009, 12:01 AM

Imagine if Dallas got LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, and Dwight Howard for Erick Dampier, Josh Howard, Shawn Marion, Jason Terry, Drew Gooden and Matt Carroll, they would be a lot better...

dev0
12-30-2009, 12:27 AM

way to ruin the thread:clap:

runforrestrunx9
12-30-2009, 12:40 AM
Imagine if Cleveland gets Jamison and Orlando gets Boozer.....

that would be an amazing series
Jameer V. Mo
Vince V. Parker
Shard V. LBJ
Booz V. Jamison
Dwight V. Shaq

i think magic may match up better but if Lebron gets hot, anything can happen

ManRam
12-30-2009, 12:43 AM
Not really. They would lose length because they would have to trade Big Z to get him. I think they are better off keeping Big Z. A Jamison trade would not scare me at all. It makes them a lot smaller defensively. Their length is what bothers me about them. I think they have enough shooting. Hey if they do it, good for them, but I won't anoint them the champions if they do get him.

In 7 of the last 10 games Z has played 20 minutes or less. He's not that important of a part any more.

Despite their hot stretch, I still think they need more offensive weapons around LeBron. They can sacrifice a tiny amount of defense.

Chronz
12-30-2009, 03:19 AM
agreed, hes got enough in the tank to guarantee the title imo.

Teeboy1487
12-30-2009, 03:36 AM
In 7 of the last 10 games Z has played 20 minutes or less. He's not that important of a part any more.

Despite their hot stretch, I still think they need more offensive weapons around LeBron. They can sacrifice a tiny amount of defense. Remember, shaq doesn't play 35 minutes a game. Big Z is valuable part of their rotation. Like I said, I would not care if they did it or not. I just think his length is more valuable. Besides, Big Z is a great shooter. He hit a dagger three tonight. Now if they can trade for Jamison without getting rid of Big Z and Shaq, now we are talking. However, I don't think Washington will give away Jamison when there are better deals.

Chronz
12-30-2009, 04:08 AM
Remember, shaq doesn't play 35 minutes a game. Big Z is valuable part of their rotation. Like I said, I would not care if they did it or not. I just think his length is more valuable. Besides, Big Z is a great shooter. He hit a dagger three tonight. Now if they can trade for Jamison without getting rid of Big Z and Shaq, now we are talking. However, I don't think Washington will give away Jamison when there are better deals.

They can trade Wally Szcerbiak for him in a S&T deal. Even so, I dont think losing Big Z would hurt all that much, Anderson is at his best as an off the bench 4/5 man. But who knows Washington probably buys out Z if that trade happens but the Cavs would have to give up Hickson or possibly Delonte or someone.

ElMarroAfamado
12-30-2009, 04:13 AM
I am PRAYING that Washington doesn't end up trading Antawn Jamison to Cleveland. Jamison is the perfect fit for this Cleveland team. Not only is he a stretch PF but if you leave him alone in the paint he can create his own shot. Right now the teams that play Cleveland completely ignore JJ Hickson, Anderson Varejao, or anyone else that Cleveland has at PF.

Not only is Jamison talented but he is a rare person that is talented AND a perfect fit for Cleveland's team. He is a PF version of Mo Williams and we all see how much Mo has helped since arriving to Cleveland. Plus he is a smart player and true professional so he should learn Mike Brown's rotation-based defensive scheme quickly. He isn't an elite defender, but I believe he has enough intelligence to be a decent defender within Cleveland's system.

at the Cavs being unstoppable with or without Jamison
:facepalm:

Teeboy1487
12-30-2009, 05:07 AM
They can trade Wally Szcerbiak for him in a S&T deal. Even so, I dont think losing Big Z would hurt all that much, Anderson is at his best as an off the bench 4/5 man. But who knows Washington probably buys out Z if that trade happens but the Cavs would have to give up Hickson or possibly Delonte or someone. I still say they lose the ability to match up with longer front courts, but if they need offense that much, then they should trade for Jamison. I'm just saying them getting Jamison does not make them the clear cut favorite. It won't scare me like the op said, but it will be a nice trade though.

_KB24_
12-30-2009, 05:10 AM
Don't the Wiz and Cavs hate each others guts? Yup, trade your best player to the team you hate :rolleyes:

ARMIN12NBA
12-30-2009, 05:20 AM
Washington wouldn't trade him to Cleveland. End of story.

MickeyMgl
12-30-2009, 08:16 AM
Jameson would improve the Cavs and help them close the gap, but he wouldn't put them over the top. I don't think anybody will be wasting their prayers on whether or not the Cavs get Jameson. The Lakers just need to pray they stay healthy.

JordansBulls
12-30-2009, 09:42 AM

I'd like to see Jamison on the Cavs actually. Makes the east even more interesting.

bigsams50
12-30-2009, 09:56 AM
washington wouldn't trade him to cleveland. End of story.

x2