PDA

View Full Version : Should David Lee be an All-Star ??

4real
12-29-2009, 09:13 PM
David Lee is putting up great numbers this season. He averaging 18.4 points per game with 10.8 rebounds per game. He is 6th in the NBA in field goal percentage, 7th in rebounding and 8th in doubles doubles. He's pretty much unstopable in the paint since he can finish with either hand, left or right. And also his mid range shot is automatic this year. Do you think he should be an all star?

uncleben989
12-29-2009, 09:23 PM
no

BradyIsTheMan12
12-29-2009, 09:29 PM
As a reserve maybe but not as a starter. Good player though

madiaz3
12-29-2009, 09:29 PM
i enjoy hearing reasons why not that have nothing to do with the ignorant belief his stats are inflated...

too bad PSD keeps me unhappy in this respect :(

(I'm fine that he probably won't be but it's certainly not ridiculous for someone to suggest that he should be, at least as a back-up.)

beardown78
12-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Yeah in the D league. Honestly who's power forward spot in the east can he take. Nobody's

BADizzleBoY
12-29-2009, 09:31 PM

This.

knicks09
12-29-2009, 09:34 PM

Yea I agree 100%. He works hard every game and plays very well as an undersized center. Plus even Tim Duncan said he loves the way he's playing this season and as drastically improved.

beardown78
12-29-2009, 09:35 PM
I like him as A player he's A very good power forward I just don't understand why the Knicks didn't lock him up to A long term deal and build around him and Gallo

ManRam
12-29-2009, 09:38 PM
I love David, but now. I'll take Howard, Horford, and Lopez over him...assuming he's a center (which is what he plays). If he's a forward, he's far less likely.

nyanks79
12-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Yeah in the D league. Honestly who's power forward spot in the east can he take. Nobody's

Haha he plays center. Other than Dwight I dont see anyone else at this position that deserves it more then him. Shaq will prob get it based on reputation though.

NYKnicks4511
12-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Besides Dwight and maybe Horford, who'd make it as a center? (Disregarding Lopez as his team is god awful)
Good shot at reserve spot imo

Zefflin
12-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Those're Pau like numbers. Vote him in!

TO Rapz
12-29-2009, 09:42 PM
IMO yes

Slimsim
12-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Lee might make it as a reserve But he probably wouldn't play if he did Get accepted Coaches Decision.

Slimsim
12-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Besides Dwight and maybe Horford, who'd make it as a center? (Disregarding Lopez as his team is god awful)

Andrew Bogut And Shaq.

madiaz3
12-29-2009, 09:46 PM
First Half vs. Pistons
17 points (8/11) 5 Bounds 3 Assists

KH12
12-29-2009, 09:47 PM

Joakim Noah.

_KB24_
12-29-2009, 09:51 PM
No, not in the East. What is he a 4 or 5? I got Bosh, KG, Dwight, and even Horford over him.

uncleben989
12-29-2009, 09:52 PM
Joakim Noah.

no, bulls record is too horrendous for him to get in

KH12
12-29-2009, 09:56 PM

Knicks (Lee) record is worse. A win tonight vs Pacers and they'll be tied with Milwaukee (Bogut).

knicks09
12-29-2009, 10:02 PM
First Half vs. Pistons
17 points (8/11) 5 Bounds 3 Assists

I was just about to say that. He's playing his heart out right now and he scored the first 6 points of the second half

ManRam
12-29-2009, 10:05 PM

And the Knicks' record is any better? :facepalm:

Pentagram
12-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Haha he plays center. Other than Dwight I dont see anyone else at this position that deserves it more then him. Shaq will prob get it based on reputation though.

Brook Lopez over David Lee any day of the week. Statistically, Brook Lopez is even better than Dwight Howard.

It's not laughable to consider Lee an All Star, but I highly doubt he will be.

madiaz3
12-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Brook Lopez over David Lee any day of the week. Statistically, Brook Lopez is even better than Dwight Howard.

It's not laughable to consider Lee an All Star, but I highly doubt he will be.

No he isn't.

I'll take 17.4 PPG at 62% over 18.7 at 48% anyday. Even Kobe shoots better than Brook. Then of course 13 boards vs. 9 and 2.5 blocks > 2, plus the huge record disparity and I can't see how you could possibly make that statement.

Pentagram
12-29-2009, 10:50 PM
No he isn't.

I'll take 17.4 PPG at 62% over 18.7 at 48% anyday. Even Kobe shoots better than Brook. Then of course 13 boards vs. 9 and 2.5 blocks > 2, plus the huge record disparity and I can't see how you could possibly make that statement.

As a center, I don't think anyone but Knicks fans would pick David Lee over Brook Lopez. If the Nets wanted to trade Brook Lopez for Lee, I bet they would do it in a heart-beat. Even you would do the trade.

Statistical, Brook Lopez isn't as efficient as Lee in FG%... not many are. You fail to mention the other categories though like FT%, BLKS (somethings centers are suppose to do) and points.

Lee IS the efficient scorer, but think about how many more points he allows because of his horrendous defense. It doesn't make up for his excellent FG% whatsoever.

Now Dwight Howards 2.5 BLKS over Lopez, no doubt. Statistically, Brook Lopez is still better. In real life and what they both bring to the table, Howard any day of the week.

I'm not one of those people that think the team's record is the ultimate disqualifier, so I do think Brook Lopez should be the 2nd center chosen on the East's Team. Lee and Lopez should be given a shot, but Lopez over Lee.

uncleben989
12-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Knicks (Lee) record is worse. A win tonight vs Pacers and they'll be tied with Milwaukee (Bogut).

And the Knicks' record is any better? :facepalm:

i was the first reply in this thread to say NO to Lee:facepalm:...read first

Slimsim
12-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Lee

30 points
12 rebounds
5 assist

Pentagram
12-29-2009, 10:56 PM
No he isn't.

It's funny you bring the record up, aren't you a Knicks fan? And no, I'm not even a Nets fan.

Notice I said "statistically." You just brought up 2 stats that Dwight is better in. I don't think anyone can argue Howard is better than Lopez, that wasn't in question.

madiaz3
12-29-2009, 10:57 PM
I don't see how statistically Brook is better than Howard at anything but 1.5 points at almost 15% less efficiency.

Lee IS the efficient scorer, but think about how many more points he allows because of his horrendous defense. It doesn't make up for his excellent FG% whatsoever.

In the Amare vs. Lee debate they argued Amare had to put up with greater big men night in and night out. Lee doesn't give up as many points as he scores, not even close...

Against the dreaded western conference....
David Lee vs. Hornets (Win)
Lee 28 pts (13-17) 8 bounds vs. DWest 21 pts (7-13) Okafor 24 Pts (9-13)

David Lee vs. Suns (Win)
Lee 24 pts (10-13) 8 rebounds vs. Stat 13 points (4-7) 5 rebounds and Frye 5 points (2/6)

David Lee vs. Blazers (Win)
Lee 17 pts (5-9) 10 rebounds vs. LMA 19 pts (7-15) 13 boards

David Lee vs. Clippers (Win)
Lee 25 pts (12-18) 11 rebounds vs. Kaman 20 points (7-14) 9 boards, Camby 6 points

David Lee vs. Spurs (Loss)
Lee 28 points (11-13) 10 boards vs. Tim Duncan 13 points (6-11) 7 boards

madiaz3
12-29-2009, 11:01 PM
It's funny you bring the record up, aren't you a Knicks fan? And no, I'm not even a Nets fan.

Knicks went 1-9, made huge changes, and now have been playing over .500 for December. It's not like they consistently play like a .350 team or something. They will be in the playoff race in the East without a doubt and it's not even comparable to the Net's abysmal record.

Pentagram
12-29-2009, 11:02 PM
I don't see how statistically Brook is better than Howard at anything but 1.5 points at almost 15% less efficiency.

In the Amare vs. Lee debate they argued Amare had to put up with greater big men night in and night out. Lee doesn't give up as many points as he scores, not even close...

Against the dreaded western conference....
David Lee vs. Hornets (Win)
Lee 28 pts (13-17) 8 bounds vs. DWest 21 pts (7-13) Okafor 24 Pts (9-13)

David Lee vs. Suns (Win)
Lee 24 pts (10-13) 8 rebounds vs. Stat 13 points (4-7) 5 rebounds and Frye 5 points (2/6)

David Lee vs. Blazers (Win)
Lee 17 pts (5-9) 10 rebounds vs. LMA 19 pts (7-15) 13 boards

David Lee vs. Clippers (Win)
Lee 25 pts (12-18) 11 rebounds vs. Kaman 20 points (7-14) 9 boards, Camby 6 points

David Lee vs. Spurs (Loss)
Lee 28 points (11-13) 10 boards vs. Tim Duncan 13 points (6-11) 7 boards

Look at their FT%. It's pretty night and day different. Lopez is also a much better big man passer.

Lopez is also significantly more fundamental and has a higher basketball IQ that can create his own shot (for that reason his FG% isn't as great as most centers) unlike Dwight Howard who gets less than 10 FGA/game.

As I've said though, Howard is the BETTER center, just not statistically.

As far as the stats you put against the West, what's the point of that? Anyone can pick and choose games to support your statement. It's a small sample.

madiaz3
12-29-2009, 11:06 PM
Look at their FT%. It's pretty night and day different. Lopez is also a much better big man passer.

Lopez is also significantly more fundamental and has a higher basketball IQ that can create his own shot (for that reason his FG% isn't as great as most centers) unlike Dwight Howard who gets less than 10 FGA/game.

As I've said though, Howard is the BETTER center, just not statistically.

As far as the stats you put against the West, what's the point of that? Anyone can pick and chose games to support your statement. It's a small sample.

What I'm saying is that you're naming subjective points of analysis, you can't say he is statistically better at passing when it is just 2apg to 1.5 apg. Basketball IQ and how fundamentalism isn't going to be shown in stats either. So I don't see how he's statistically better if he just wins one category (FT%)

madiaz3
12-29-2009, 11:09 PM
As far as the stats you put against the West, what's the point of that? Anyone can pick and chose games to support your statement. It's a small sample.

They are the only games he's played against the West thus far this season. He's not having it any easier playing in the east that's all. Say what you want about last season but it's this season he's made the leap.

Giaps
12-29-2009, 11:10 PM
People who don't watch him or the Knicks will tell you no and that his numbers are due to the fact of D'Antoni's system even though the Knicks don't run the ball up and down the floor like the Suns used to and even though the Knicks have held opponents to under 100 points for like 10 straight games and Lee is hitting big shots late in games.

I say vote him in. He plays center and other than Dwight, his stats are some of the best. Knicks might be top 8 by then too.

Pentagram
12-29-2009, 11:14 PM
What I'm saying is that you're naming subjective points of analysis, you can't say he is statistically better at passing when it is just 2apg to 1.5 apg. Basketball IQ and how fundamentalism isn't going to be shown in stats either. So I don't see how he's statistically better if he just wins one category (FT%)

Look at their AST/TO ratio. It's typical for centers to have a horrible AST/TO, but Howard's is NOTICEABLY worse. THAT is very specific and measurable when talking about how one passes. I don't quite understand your point.

Pentagram
12-29-2009, 11:16 PM
People who don't watch him or the Knicks will tell you no and that his numbers are due to the fact of D'Antoni's system even though the Knicks don't run the ball up and down the floor like the Suns used to and even though the Knicks have held opponents to under 100 points for like 10 straight games and Lee is hitting big shots late in games.

I say vote him in. He plays center and other than Dwight, his stats are some of the best. Knicks might be top 8 by then too.

I don't think this years Knicks is as run and gun as it was last season or D'Antoni's Suns by any stretch.

Lee's stats are among the best among PF and C, given his small 6'9 stature. I think he deserves a spot, but a few people are in front of him. If Lee can block shots and play some D, he would unquestionably be top 3 PF/C in the east.

bkmikeyy
12-29-2009, 11:16 PM
his stats are definitely not inflated - knicks are 12th in ppg and close to dead last in fast break points.

That being said after tonight he is averaging almost 19 and 11, shooting 58% from the floor and a very respectable 78^ from the free throw line, he is also averaging close to 3 assists per game (which is really good for a center). Only thing he doesnt do well is get blocks (because he is very undersized) and those who watch have noticed that he actually plays pretty decent defense lately and is a big reason the knicks have not given up 100 points in 11 straight games.

Lopez may have more potential but david lee is definitely having a better season. The only category lopez is better at is blocks and ft%. After tonight he will have lower ppg, lower rebounds, lower assists, much lower fg %, more turnovers, less steals. This year its CLEAR Lee is better than Lopez, a few years down the line it might be different.

dev0
12-29-2009, 11:25 PM
centers will be Dwight (obv), Shaq (all-star traditions), and Lee or Horford (a toss up). I can't see lopez though... not on the all-star team with the way those Nets are

Giaps
12-29-2009, 11:26 PM
I don't think this years Knicks is as run and gun as it was last season or D'Antoni's Suns by any stretch.

Lee's stats are among the best among PF and C, given his small 6'9 stature. I think he deserves a spot, but a few people are in front of him. If Lee can block shots and play some D, he would unquestionably be top 3 PF/C in the east.
My thing is this, Lopez is more of a true C but his team is God awful... big stats on a bad team? Lots of people do that... Lee is probably the primary reason the Knicks have been winning recently and he has been a closer in these games... something he could not do last year. If Knicks are top 8, I don't think there is any question that he should be voted in.

ChiSox219
12-29-2009, 11:28 PM
Dwight
Brook
Bogut
Horford
Noah

Off the top of my head are centers more deserving.

mjqusoldier
Yea david Lee is one of the most underrated players in the game. i think he deserves to be an all star but the all star team is 2 much about reputation these days so he'll probably get snubbed.

Pentagram
his stats are definitely not inflated - knicks are 12th in ppg and close to dead last in fast break points.

That being said after tonight he is averaging almost 19 and 11, shooting 58% from the floor and a very respectable 78^ from the free throw line, he is also averaging close to 3 assists per game (which is really good for a center). Only thing he doesnt do well is get blocks (because he is very undersized) and those who watch have noticed that he actually plays pretty decent defense lately and is a big reason the knicks have not given up 100 points in 11 straight games.

Lopez may have more potential but david lee is definitely having a better season. The only category lopez is better at is blocks and ft%. After tonight he will have lower ppg, lower rebounds, lower assists, much lower fg %, more turnovers, less steals. This year its CLEAR Lee is better than Lopez, a few years down the line it might be different.

After reviewing their stats, I guess I can admit Lee is better statistically than Lopez. I would still rather have Lopez over Lee because he isn't what I would want in a center. Defense is the most important thing a center is suppose to provide, which Lee does not provide. Lee does provide just about everything else though.

J_M_B
12-29-2009, 11:33 PM
I like David Lee, but I doubt he makes the team. I think they'll take Dwight Howard, Al Horford, and Brook Lopez before they consider Lee.

NYKnicks4511
12-29-2009, 11:34 PM
Andrew Bogut And Shaq.

Bogut's 15 and 9 trump Lee? Noty.
Shaq is a fan vote shoo-in so assuming Bosh, KG, Shaq, and Dwight it makes it unlikely, yet somewhat possible. Who knows, Shaq might be injured and not play.

Gibby
12-29-2009, 11:59 PM
No because east will only have 1 backup center. I see Al Horford as the backup center. he may not score as much (he plays with Johnson,Crawford,Smith) as lee but other numbers are similar. the hawks are an elite team so i would go with Lee.

J_M_B
12-30-2009, 12:45 AM
David Lee should be an all star...

dwadefan03
12-30-2009, 12:50 AM
i dont even think he makes it as a reserve. i mean this guy is overrated tremendously. i mean i really like the guy...he hustles and provides alot of energy but hes not like an elite scoring threat that you can go to and count on to make a shot. alot of his points come off of his hustle...its not really post moves or anything

Diewitdaknicks
12-30-2009, 01:03 AM
David Lee is putting up great numbers this season. He averaging 18.4 points per game with 10.8 rebounds per game. He is 6th in the NBA in field goal percentage, 7th in rebounding and 8th in doubles doubles. He's pretty much unstopable in the paint since he can finish with either hand, left or right. And also his mid range shot is automatic this year. Do you think he should be an all star?

My answer...Should you fry the bacon or eat it raw???? HE IS AN ALL-STAR give me a break he's the engine that is pushing the Knicks right now.

knicks09
12-30-2009, 01:05 AM
i dont even think he makes it as a reserve. i mean this guy is overrated tremendously. i mean i really like the guy...he hustles and provides alot of energy but hes not like an elite scoring threat that you can go to and count on to make a shot. alot of his points come off of his hustle...its not really post moves or anything

Yes he can. Last year he wasn't scoring much but the past few games he's been averaging more than 25 points a game. If it weren't for him we probably wouldent have even won tonight since he scored 30 points tonight with 12 rebounds. And yes u can really on him to make a shot, look at the bulls game last week. He hit a huge clutch mid range jumper that won us the game. Plus he hit a 0.1 game winning shot so you can realy on him to make a shot

Da616
12-30-2009, 01:11 AM
Yes, at least one knick must make it

runforrestrunx9
12-30-2009, 01:13 AM
while his stats r a bit inflated, he is still a very good player and should be a reserve, but honestly, who is guna vote for him over other guys like shaq even if lee may be better than them... an all star game without shaq is like tiger not having an affair for more than 10 minutes

javaid64
12-30-2009, 01:34 AM
only 5 guy voted in and so far it looks like dwade carter lerborn kg dwight as the people who get voted in. the rest of the selection determined by coaches around the league.

so let say their 7 more spots open, bosh, joe johnson, pierce, rondo, josh smith get in.thus leaving 2 more spots open, 1 of those spots for center.

its not out of the question for lee to go but i think hortford deserves the nod just for the fact of where their team is right now. leaving the last spot to guard or forward possibly arenas, allen, or rlewis.

so the east allstar team will be
starters: dwade carter lebron kg dwight
bench: johnson pierce rondo jsmith bosh hortford/lee and allen/rlewis/arenas

itll be difficult for lee to get in.

blastmasta26
12-30-2009, 01:46 AM
I think he deserves it, hopefully he can get in as a reserve.

metfan22
12-30-2009, 01:49 AM
I like the way he is playing, however there are other players playing on teams with better records that deserve that spot. Love him though.

joe j.09
12-30-2009, 01:50 AM
of course he is, no question about it!!!!!! look at his damn numbers

Giaps
12-30-2009, 02:42 AM
Why the hell do people still vote for Shaq? Fans are idiots :facepalm:

Evolution23
12-30-2009, 03:08 AM

are you kidding me? Lee has a great mid range shot, uses both hands as well as any one in the league, is a great passer, is averaging close to 20 ppg on 57% fg. How is he not a guy you can count on? have you seen Lee play at all?

Evolution23
12-30-2009, 03:08 AM
Why the hell do people still vote for Shaq? Fans are idiots :facepalm:

cause he dances with the jabawokies :facepalm:

javaid64
12-30-2009, 03:17 AM
cause he dances with the jabawokies :facepalm:

and had his own television show :pity:

JnasD
12-30-2009, 05:04 AM
I think reggie evans should make the all star team. He gives energy to his teammates whenever he steps foot on the court! But no, David Lee should not be an allstar

You can't be serious right?

NY4YA
12-30-2009, 05:06 AM
I tuned out after Andrew Bogut.

But seriously, If Lee can give us 1 block a game he should be an allstar. He can pass shot dribble rebound finish arpund the basket. Just give me 1 block dave.

THE MTL
12-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Who else would make it in the East at PF/C positions. KG, Bosh & Howard. Ok now pick two more bigs. Its between Bogut, Horford, and Lee. Horford doesnt put up the statistics of an allstar. Bogut you can make the argument, but he's been injured and his team's winnings is cause of Jennings.

Brook Lopez is better but his team SUCKS way too much to have an allstar.

And Shaq should not be an allstar. Let him go out on a good note from last season's allstar team.

mikantsass
12-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Yes Lee should be an all-star, if not then its a shame.

save the knicks
12-30-2009, 11:11 AM
**** that noise Keep him off the All star team. All Stars want $$$. As a knicks fan you would be helping the cause by not voting lee for all star

Raph12
12-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Dwight, then Horford, then Bogut and then Lopez will all get in before Lee.

Lee is a hustle player, sort of like Joakim Noah, except he gets more touches.

uprightciti
12-30-2009, 11:36 AM
the answer is yes
:clap:

masalex1205
12-30-2009, 11:42 AM
only 5 guy voted in and so far it looks like dwade carter lerborn kg dwight as the people who get voted in. the rest of the selection determined by coaches around the league.

so let say their 7 more spots open, bosh, joe johnson, pierce, rondo, josh smith get in.thus leaving 2 more spots open, 1 of those spots for center.

its not out of the question for lee to go but i think hortford deserves the nod just for the fact of where their team is right now. leaving the last spot to guard or forward possibly arenas, allen, or rlewis.

so the east allstar team will be
starters: dwade carter lebron kg dwight
bench: johnson pierce rondo jsmith bosh hortford/lee and allen/rlewis/arenas

itll be difficult for lee to get in.

Gerald Wallace should make it in over Allen, Arenas, or Lewis, he's been tearing it up, plus the Bobcats have a better record than the Knicks and the Wizards

Should David Lee make the All-Star team? I like Lee, I mean how can you not like him? He hustles and has passion, for awhile he looked like the only one in the NY franchise that cared. But an All-Star? I can't buy into that

NANDOKNICK
12-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Yes,,,,david Lee is an allstar

NANDOKNICK
12-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Its David Lees Guardian Angel that makes his shots and plays
basketball for him...Duh
David Lee has always been under rated,,
You are right he does not move,,,,Duh..again
You are kidding...right,,,,David Lee has great moves around the basket
and he has great hands. He does need a better point guard.

Carey
12-30-2009, 12:02 PM
I think he should, has been as productive as any center in the east. Lopez has been very good but his team only has 2 wins and we know Dwight is a lock so i think Lee should make it as a reserve

$ NyC $
12-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Should be a reserve. Is he gonna? No because the fans are dumb. Example, Iverson and T-Mac are starters so far lol.

Carey
12-30-2009, 12:08 PM
should be a reserve. Is he gonna? No because the fans are dumb. Example, iverson and t-mac are starters so far lol.

+1

HOZ THE KNICK
12-30-2009, 12:10 PM
besides dwight and maybe horford, who'd make it as a center? (disregarding lopez as his team is god awful)
good shot at reserve spot imo

lee is having a better season than horford......what is wrong with you ppl if david lee was black you same ppl that hatin on him will be calling him a beast.....right?

Kakaroach
12-30-2009, 12:15 PM
I like Bogut a lot more than Lee for All-Star.

$ NyC $
12-30-2009, 12:22 PM
I like Bogut a lot more than Lee for All-Star.

Lee has been winning games for us. Bogut been injured and has a good solid supporting cast.

$ NyC $
12-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Plus Lee is better than Bogut in every category but blocks.

Bogut
15 ppg 9.7 rpg 2 aspg .6 spg 1.9 bpg 49% FG 54% FT

Lee
18.8 ppg 10.8 rpg 2.7 aspg 1.1 spg .4 bpg 58% FG 77% FT

Who's the all-star?

yanksrock
12-30-2009, 12:31 PM

Well put

Kakaroach
12-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Stats are where D'Antoni's system come into place. I wouldn't mind it if Lee or Bogut made the All-star team, their both good choices. I just think you have to look past stats. Anyway, aren't there 2 spots for big men after Howard, KG, and Bosh? Then Bogut and Lee would take those 2 spots.

Hawkeye15
12-30-2009, 12:33 PM
yes, he should be. He won't make it most likely, but his numbers suggest he belongs imo.

KnicksorBust
12-30-2009, 12:35 PM
Dwight, then Horford, then Bogut and then Lopez will all get in before Lee.

Lee is a hustle player, sort of like Joakim Noah, except he gets more touches.

I know it would be painful for some of you but if you actually sat down and watched 2-3 Knicks games you would see his transformation as a player. He's not just a hustle player who tips in missed shots anymore. He can drive to the basket, he's phenomenal at scoring off the pick and roll because he can use either hand, he's added a reliable jumpshot, and he's got a little jump hook. His season stats have already been posted but just look at his numbers from this month now that the Knicks have a set rotation:

December Stats - 14 Games
19.5 ppg
11.8 rpg
2.9 apg
1.0 spg
62.8% fg
79.6% fg
Knicks record: 9-5

Statistically he's outperforming Horford, Bogut, and Lopez. The only one I'd be okay with losing the spot to would be Horford because at least the Hawks have been incredible this season and he's playing a big part in that.

KnicksorBust
12-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Stats are where D'Antoni's system come into place. I wouldn't mind it if Lee or Bogut made the All-star team, their both good choices. I just think you have to look past stats. Anyway, aren't there 2 spots for big men after Howard, KG, and Bosh? Then Bogut and Lee would take those 2 spots.

We're 9th in the NBA in pace factor. That means there are 8 teams in the league that have more possessions than us. We're not a fastbreak team. We're not a run and gun team. Can we just eliminate that myth already?

Giaps
12-30-2009, 12:52 PM
We're 9th in the NBA in pace factor. That means there are 8 teams in the league that have more possessions than us. We're not a fastbreak team. We're not a run and gun team. Can we just eliminate that myth already?
It will never happen. People everywhere still think we are a run-and-gun team and beat the "inflated stats" argument to death.

knickerbockerny
12-30-2009, 01:06 PM
Al Horford is not more deserving than David Lee, Lee has considerably better stats across the board averaging 18.8 pts and 10.8 pts a game. David Lee is on the ballot as a pf but he does play the c position for the Knicks so I don't know how the coaches are going to view him when considering the back-up positions. If they consider him as a center then he deservingly should be the back-up behing Dwight Howard. No center in the East besides Dwight has better numbers.

If they consider him as a pf the decision becomes a lot tougher, because KG is going to be voted in and Bosh is going to be the first back-up. Do the coaches go with 3 pfs if so once again he is right behing Bosh numbers wise.

Carey
12-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Al Horford is not more deserving than David Lee, Lee has considerably better stats across the board averaging 18.8 pts and 10.8 pts a game. David Lee is on the ballot as a pf but he does play the c position for the Knicks so I don't know how the coaches are going to view him when considering the back-up positions. If they consider him as a center then he deservingly should be the back-up behing Dwight Howard. No center in the East besides Dwight has better numbers.

If they consider him as a pf the decision becomes a lot tougher, because KG is going to be voted in and Bosh is going to be the first back-up. Do the coaches go with 3 pfs if so once again he is right behing Bosh numbers wise.

I hope he doesnt get screwed because of the ballot, How is Amare listed as a Center but Lee is listed as a PF

nycericanguy
12-30-2009, 01:19 PM
It will never happen. People everywhere still think we are a run-and-gun team and beat the "inflated stats" argument to death.

funny thing is Lee has really started to thrive since D'antoni has slowed the offense down and made it a halfcourt game now. NY is actually playing great defense, 11 straight oppenents held under 100 points. People that say his stats are inflated are just saying that for the heck of it or havent even seen a game.

Kakaroach
12-30-2009, 01:22 PM
We're 9th in the NBA in pace factor. That means there are 8 teams in the league that have more possessions than us. We're not a fastbreak team. We're not a run and gun team. Can we just eliminate that myth already? They just slowed down their system over the past month. He's a good choice and I'd like to see him in the All-Star game, I'm just saying his stats are somewhat inflated, even if it is by a little.

nycericanguy
12-30-2009, 01:55 PM
They just slowed down their system over the past month. He's a good choice and I'd like to see him in the All-Star game, I'm just saying his stats are somewhat inflated, even if it is by a little.

his stats are no more inflated than Dwights or Bogut, NY hasnt been doing the "7 seconds or less" since early LAST season. they are barely averaging 100ppg for the season.

no offense but have you seen even ONE knick game? they are actually a defensive team now and they are starting Jared and have stopped playing guys like Curry, & Nate because they didnt play defense.

11 straight opponents held under 100 points. This whole "inflated stats" thing is really really silly at this point.

BkOriginalOne
12-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Yes, the Knicks are playing well and someone has to be responsible.

KnicksorBust
12-30-2009, 02:39 PM
They just slowed down their system over the past month. He's a good choice and I'd like to see him in the All-Star game, I'm just saying his stats are somewhat inflated, even if it is by a little.

They aren't the Warriors who have about 8 more possessions per game than an average team. That would inflate stats somewhat. The Knicks at 94.3 Pace Factor have approximately 1 more possession per game than the average teams. That's nothing. His 19-11-3 on 58% shooting is legit. Just ask Tim Duncan.

http://www.nba.com/knicks/gamerecaps/nyksasrecap091227.html
Of course that was in a spurs win. :laugh:

DerekRE_3
12-30-2009, 02:50 PM

No. Gerald Wallace is averaging 18 and 12 and actually plays defense.

nycericanguy
12-30-2009, 02:57 PM
No. Gerald Wallace is averaging 18 and 12 and actually plays defense.

does gerald wallace play center? because if he doesnt then he is pretty irrelevant to this thread no?

DerekRE_3
12-30-2009, 02:58 PM
does gerald wallace play center? because if he doesnt then he is pretty irrelevant to this thread no?

David Lee may play Center, but that doesn't make him one.

nycericanguy
12-30-2009, 03:16 PM
David Lee may play Center, but that doesn't make him one.

even so, Gerald Wallace is a SF.

we are judging Lee against big men, not small forwards.

beardown78
12-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Damn if David Lee is so good and I do believe he is A top big man in the game right now, then why didn't or wont the Knicks lock him up?

GIANTS4LIFE28
12-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Does anybody remember the rookie-sophmore game 3 years ago when David Lee went 14-14 with 32 points and 12 bounds. Everybody was hyping over how good he was and he will be a stud. You guys seem to be forgetting how good he actually is!!! VOTE HIM IN

Chronz
12-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Guys stop using the word inflated, you obviously know how pace effects the game so why not use stats that account for this variable as accurately as possible? The stats are just comprised in a way to maximize its rosters skill set.

Do your stats account for his point anyway?

nycericanguy
12-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Damn if David Lee is so good and I do believe he is A top big man in the game right now, then why didn't or wont the Knicks lock him up?

well they wanted to see if they could have enough room to sign 2 MAX guys, it looks like they won't now so they will probably sign 1 MAX guy and then re-sign Lee.

The knicks have his birds right and they don't have to renounce him to sign a max guy so chances are he stays in NY. NY can give him one extra year and pay him more than any other team.

DerekRE_3
12-30-2009, 03:58 PM
even so, Gerald Wallace is a SF.

we are judging Lee against big men, not small forwards.

Forwards are grouped together in all star voting.

JnasD
12-30-2009, 04:01 PM
of course im serious... you guys cant be serious about david lee right?

Of course we are. David Lee is the most consistent knick that works hard everynight and he is a double double machine. His jump shots are improving and he continues to hustle. Reggie Evans does not deserve to be an all-star.

knicks09
12-30-2009, 07:16 PM
I think reggie evans should make the all star team. He gives energy to his teammates whenever he steps foot on the court! But no, David Lee should not be an allstar

I love how your comparing a scrub that averages 3 points per game with 4 rebounds to a player that averages 20 points per game with 11 rebounds.

mzgrizz
12-30-2009, 11:46 PM
No

zambo4president
12-30-2009, 11:48 PM
No, I know the NBA would like New York to have an all-star for jersey sales and what not, but no way.

knicks09
12-31-2009, 03:37 AM
I also love how some of you say no with no reasons at all.

Suns4ever67
12-31-2009, 04:31 AM
Bosh, Howard, and James will be the starting frontcourt. Lee a reserve . . . maybe.

metfan22
12-31-2009, 04:50 AM
of course he is, no question about it!!!!!! look at his damn numbers

What about his numbers? Zack Randolph has huge numbers but wont make the team. Tall centers make him look like trash on the defensive end. Thats not his fault that he is a 6'9'' PF playing center but still. That fact negates anything he does on offense. I love him. He is not an all star.