PDA

View Full Version : Camby This Trade Season’s Biggest Chip

AlexTmz2
12-29-2009, 12:24 PM
SportingNews
Dec 28, 1:17 pm EST

This is about that time when, instead of us talking about LeBron non-stop, or even who might win the title, you’ll get a whole new set of names. Get ready for the January/February rumblings, which will prominently feature such names as … Marcus Camby(notes). The crown jewel of this trade season, so sayeth some scribes.

From FanHouse:

With an expiring contract that has a salary-cap number of $9.15 million, the Los Angeles Clippers’ big man might be the most coveted player who could be available as the Feb. 18 trade deadline approaches. While some teams would take anyone with such an expiring contract that has vital signs, Camby also can play.

"Everybody in the league would want him,” Clippers coach and general manager Mike Dunleavy said in an interview with FanHouse. "Most teams are trying to give up longer-term contracts for shorter-term contracts, and a lot of times those teams are willing to sacrifice in order to shorten the money. In this case, you wouldn’t be sacrificing. That’s why everybody wants him.”

For the record, Allen Iverson(notes) was like that last year, too. But Camby is different: An unobtrusive player, maybe slightly overpaid, but no one who will radically upset your plan. Donald Sterling is unlikely to give up if it offers the incomplete Clips a chance to shore up their roster. For another team, though, it could provide flexibility for this summer without compromising their plans to contend this season.

In fact, it could be the Sheed-in-2004-like acquisition that puts a team over the top, while positioning them to get even stronger the following year. Shoot, I guess this does all come back to 2010 after all.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-cambythistradeseason&prov=tsn&type=lgns

AlexTmz2
12-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Would love for the Spurs to go after him.

sep11ie
12-29-2009, 12:40 PM
He'd look good in with the Rockets. Real good.

Raph12
12-29-2009, 12:44 PM
The Blazers needs a center in Portland badly, Camby could be the guy.

Kakaroach
12-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Every team wants him but is gonna have to give up something. He's expiring and can contribute right away.

Da616
12-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Im tired of hearing about this Camby stuff. I listen to espn radio, and its almost talked about more than Lebron

black1605
12-29-2009, 12:49 PM
camby and jordan

for

augustin and diop

:D

Lakers4ItAll
12-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Blazer need him most

goblazers7
12-29-2009, 02:10 PM
camby and jordan

for

augustin and diop

Are you kidding me? Diop contract is ridiculous. Augustin is young, but his potential is controversial.

Personally, in my mind the best trade for him would be...

Camby and Rasual Butler

For

Pendegraph and Blake and 2nd round from portland

homestarunner93
12-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Are you kidding me? Diop contract is ridiculous. Augustin is young, but his potential is controversial.

Camby and Rasual Butler

For

How are you going to criticize his offer, and then offer that crap? Blake is alright, but how does he help the Clippers? Pendergraph is nothing special, and neither is a second. Camby is a great defender, and Butler is a useful player too. I think Portland is probably a likely spot for him, although I sure would like to see him in Charlotte.

SensandRaps
12-29-2009, 02:23 PM
i would be really happy if the raptors get him, then we might actually be able to rebound

mikantsass
12-29-2009, 02:34 PM

Agreed, as part of a TMAC trade

KnicksorBust
12-29-2009, 02:35 PM

Camby and Rasual Butler

For

camby and jordan

for

augustin and diop

Both these trades are terrible. The article just said how incredibly valuable he is to the whole league. He should at least be able to net a good prospect in return. They have Baron / Gordon / Blake / Kaman. They need a real 3 man. Thornton is a ball hog and Butler is best as a 5th man.

kntresistheheat
12-29-2009, 02:35 PM
I think a camby and some filler for tracy McGrady deal could work for both teams.

Clippers:

Kaman
Griffin
Thorton
McGrady
Davis

Rockets

Camby
Scola
Battier
Ariza
Brooks

thephoenixson28
12-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Blazer need him most Who would the blazers give up that the clippers want. I know this trade won't work and its a fantasy but what about this

Phoenix trade- jrich,Lopez,Tucker

Receive-Camby,M.miller

Warriors trade-Randolph,Bedriens,Maggette,Radmonivich,Raja bell

Receive-Jamison,j-rich,Caron butler, Lopez

Wizards trade-Miller,Jamison,Butler

Receive-Randolph,Bedriens,Radmonivich,Bell

Clippers trade- Camby

Recieve - maggette,tucker

New lineup-
Phoenix
Pg. Nash
Sg. Miller
Sf. Hill
Pf. Amare
C. Camby

Warriors-
Pg. Ellis
Sg. J-rich
Sf. Butler
Pf. Jamison
C. Lopez

Wizards-
Pg. Foye
Sg. Arenas
Sf. Radmonivich
Pf. Randolph
C. Haywood

Clippers-
Pg.Davis
Sg.Gordon
Sf.Maggette
Pf.Griffen
C. Kaman

I know it looks like the wizards are getting raped but they are getting Cap relief and young talent. It would be hard to let jamison and butler go but the experiment didn't work and I think its time to rebuild and get young talent with Bedries and Randolph.

RocketsRule
12-29-2009, 02:40 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. We need size down low with Yao out and he would provide it.

bigsams50
12-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Portland seems like a good fit. Although i wouldnt mind him in a cats Jersey

Kakaroach
12-29-2009, 02:49 PM
How much of a good prospect/player would people be willing to give up for Camby though? I don't know about the Jazz, maybe Okur+a pick or something?

ManRam
12-29-2009, 02:53 PM
They only teams right now that probably wouldn't want him is Boston, LAL and Orlando. I think he'd be an asset to every other team in the league. The Clippers should get a great package for him. An expiring who will actually improve your team in the short term is of utmost value right now.

heyman321
12-29-2009, 03:34 PM
Raptors PLEASE!!!

Ansy
12-29-2009, 04:53 PM
The Blazers needs a center in Portland badly, Camby could be the guy.

I don't think Portland would make a competitive offer. Camby's expiring deal has no value to Portland because they're going to be over cap regardless, so he's worth less to them than he is to other teams. To Portland he's really just a half-season rental, and they would offer a package that reflected that value.

I think the Clips will get their best offers from teams trying to cut cap.

Vinny642
12-29-2009, 04:55 PM
We can trade West or Okafor away and get Kevin Martin, and trade Posey and Peja for Camby :D!!

JordansBulls
12-29-2009, 05:45 PM
SportingNews
Dec 28, 1:17 pm EST

This is about that time when, instead of us talking about LeBron non-stop, or even who might win the title, you’ll get a whole new set of names. Get ready for the January/February rumblings, which will prominently feature such names as … Marcus Camby(notes). The crown jewel of this trade season, so sayeth some scribes.

From FanHouse:

With an expiring contract that has a salary-cap number of $9.15 million, the Los Angeles Clippers’ big man might be the most coveted player who could be available as the Feb. 18 trade deadline approaches. While some teams would take anyone with such an expiring contract that has vital signs, Camby also can play.

"Everybody in the league would want him,” Clippers coach and general manager Mike Dunleavy said in an interview with FanHouse. "Most teams are trying to give up longer-term contracts for shorter-term contracts, and a lot of times those teams are willing to sacrifice in order to shorten the money. In this case, you wouldn’t be sacrificing. That’s why everybody wants him.”

For the record, Allen Iverson(notes) was like that last year, too. But Camby is different: An unobtrusive player, maybe slightly overpaid, but no one who will radically upset your plan. Donald Sterling is unlikely to give up if it offers the incomplete Clips a chance to shore up their roster. For another team, though, it could provide flexibility for this summer without compromising their plans to contend this season.

In fact, it could be the Sheed-in-2004-like acquisition that puts a team over the top, while positioning them to get even stronger the following year. Shoot, I guess this does all come back to 2010 after all.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-cambythistradeseason&prov=tsn&type=lgns

There is no way Camby is a guy who will put a team over the top.

ElMarroAfamado
12-29-2009, 06:16 PM
marcus camby has been arguably our best player it would suck to see him go but if we could get a decent vet in return or a couple good young guys then i say go for it i dont think he will sign with us in the off season anyway....

LA_Raiders
12-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Who would the blazers give up that the clippers want. I know this trade won't work and its a fantasy but what about this

Phoenix trade- jrich,Lopez,Tucker

Receive-Camby,M.miller

Warriors trade-Randolph,Bedriens,Maggette,Radmonivich,Raja bell

Receive-Jamison,j-rich,Caron butler, Lopez

Wizards trade-Miller,Jamison,Butler

Receive-Randolph,Bedriens,Radmonivich,Bell

Clippers trade- Camby

Recieve - maggette,tucker

New lineup-
Phoenix
Pg. Nash
Sg. Miller
Sf. Hill
Pf. Amare
C. Camby

Warriors-
Pg. Ellis
Sg. J-rich
Sf. Butler
Pf. Jamison
C. Lopez

Wizards-
Pg. Foye
Sg. Arenas
Sf. Radmonivich
Pf. Randolph
C. Haywood

Clippers-
Pg.Davis
Sg.Gordon
Sf.Maggette
Pf.Griffen
C. Kaman

I know it looks like the wizards are getting raped but they are getting Cap relief and young talent. It would be hard to let jamison and butler go but the experiment didn't work and I think its time to rebuild and get young talent with Bedries and Randolph.

Dream on...

rabueed
12-29-2009, 08:25 PM
There is no way Camby is a guy who will put a team over the top.

I agree with you here.

Sheed to Detroit was adding an X factor to a team that had all the right pieces. He was both offensively and defensively potent at the time.

Camby doesn't bring that kind of a game.

BkOriginalOne
12-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Blazers will call, but the Clips don't want Miller.
PLease Camby come back to Denver.

BlondeBomber41
12-29-2009, 09:56 PM
If I was the Clips I would be trying to dump Davis on someone in the deal. Like Davis/Camby for McGrady/Lowry or something like that.