PDA

View Full Version : Rockets Grant McGrady Indefinite Leave and Seek to Trade Him

Pages : [1] 2

Tony_Starks
12-28-2009, 09:00 PM
Sources: Rockets to seek McGrady dealComment Email Print Share By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Archive
The Houston Rockets have granted Tracy McGrady an indefinite leave from the team and will work with his representatives to find a new home for the seven-time All-Star via trade, according to sources close to the process.

McGrady

Sources told ESPN.com on Monday that phone discussions between Rockets general manager Daryl Morey, coach Rick Adelman and one of McGrady's agents, Arn Tellem, led to an agreement that both sides would work together in pursuit of a palatable trade before the league's annual trading deadline on Feb. 18.

The Rockets, sources said, are adamant about not buying out the remainder of McGrady's $23 million expiring contract and enabling him to become a free agent during the season. Yet, they also remain unprepared to promise the extended minutes McGrady has been seeking.

Sources said the sides agreed Monday that the best compromise is letting McGrady leave the team to work out on his own in hopes that a deal can be struck and so his teammates and coaches will be spared from the distraction of daily questions about McGrady's status.

Chronz
12-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Well it came down to this, shrewd move by the Rox to send him home. If only the Raps had done this with Vince the fan base wouldnt boo their only iconic ball player.

Still Tmac shouldnt be held hostage, buy the guy out if you cant work a deal out.

29$JerZ
12-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Buy the guy out, you gain nothing keeping such a high expiring contract at home.
Save yourself the money, media coverage and just continue with basketball.
If they don't want any contracts that are 2 years or more for Tracy buy him out.

Raph12
12-28-2009, 09:19 PM
$23mil to go home and spend time with his family lol, now that's the life.

They should buy him out and he should sign with Orlando for the vet's min, I heard they were in talks to acquire him when they decided to just go with VC instead, plus he's in favor of returning, so it's a win-win. He could be their 6th man and lead the reserves while the starters rest.

Plus a lineup of Nelson-Carter-McGrady-Lewis-Howard late in games could pay dividends.

smith&wesson
12-28-2009, 09:23 PM
it is really unfortunate that this league no longer respects its ageing stars.

its seems when these stars are in they're prime they are glorified yet when they slow down and arent able to put up amazing numbers the teams really dont know what to do with them. Iverson, tmac, stephon marbury, steve francis, even shaq. These were all guys that were nba stars just a few years ago. received high praise from fans, teams, coaches, GM's. Yet as soon as theyre services are no longer required these same glorifide stars are disrespected beyond beleif. is this how we treat our stars in this league ?? will lebron james, dwane wade, carmello anthony one day be benched and asked to leave the team if they complain ??
even shaq, one of the greatest centres of all time seems to be the target for critisizm. its almost a sin to age in this league because once you do you are written off and forgotten about. it is really disapointing to me.

DasBoot
12-28-2009, 09:24 PM
Rockets Get:

Al Harrington
Wilson Chandler
Eddy Curry

Knicks Get:
disgruntled T-mac and his lovely expiring contract.

Chronz
12-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Buy the guy out, you gain nothing keeping such a high expiring contract at home.
Save yourself the money, media coverage and just continue with basketball.
If they don't want any contracts that are 2 years or more for Tracy buy him out.
Tmac situation is different, they stand to profit for every game he doesnt play, so you probably wont see him get dealt until the deadline, unless an amazing offer comes up. They might be willing to absorb a 2 year contract, just not of a crap player like JJ/Curry.

Toenail Clipper
12-28-2009, 09:25 PM
They really need a replacement for Yao Ming, I suggest they get a big.

$ NyC $
12-28-2009, 09:29 PM
They really need a replacement for Yao Ming, I suggest they get a big.

We gotta really big Big :D Coincidentally he's also a disgruntled player.

iggypop123
12-28-2009, 09:29 PM
they want the insurance money. they will keep getting it with him rotting at home. they want a haul for his trade, which they wont get. they will likely have to settle for having either jeffries or curry stuck in a deal with NY

TEXASTITAN
12-28-2009, 09:30 PM
They will NOT buy him out.....But im hoping they ship him to detroit for rip and prince and be done with it........But i agree the longer they wait on this the sweeter the deal gets they get half what they would get if they trade him now.....But that's been tmac's plan all along to pressure the front office by being a problem......... We have the best GM in the league and ain't nobody getting over on us we know exactly what we have and what the value is to these cash strapped teams........

RocketsRule
12-28-2009, 09:31 PM
they want the insurance money. they will keep getting it with him rotting at home. they want a haul for his trade, which they wont get. they will likely have to settle for having either jeffries or curry stuck in a deal with NY

I'm pretty sure they would rather buy him out than take back one of those ugly contracts...

omdigga
12-28-2009, 09:35 PM
send him to Ny for Curry and and whoever else you want... besides Gallo..

NBA-GMaster
12-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Well it came down to this, shrewd move by the Rox to send him home. If only the Raps had done this with Vince the fan base wouldnt boo their only iconic ball player.

Still Tmac shouldnt be held hostage, buy the guy out if you cant work a deal out.

AGREED!! Bought Him out..

NBA-GMaster
12-28-2009, 09:39 PM
If they gonna trade TMac, I hope Yao opt out his contract!!:mad:

TEXASTITAN
12-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Tmac has been a letdown in houston and everyone knows it. Why should we let him walk for nothing? He hasn't lived up to his potential and given the team and the fans what they thought they were getting so why the **** should we give him what he want's? It's a business at the end of the day and he won't be bought out or walk away without something in return and after the investment this city made into him for it to turn out this way thats the least he could do. When he had his minutes last year he quit on the team because he was going to be traded his cousin vinny and he let artest punk him out of the lineup for his cousin vinny. Had he been a man and accepted his fate he could be playing 40 minutes a game in jersey he's in a contract year and thats the ONLY thing that's motivating him right now and if you believe otherwise your blind.

fairandbalanced
12-28-2009, 09:45 PM
If they gonna trade TMac, I hope Yao opt out his contract!!:mad:

Yao owns the Chinese market....why would anyone let him opt-out?

LovatoLover
12-28-2009, 10:16 PM
please call the sixers and offer Tmac, Chase Budinger and picks for any combination of Iggy, Brand and/or Dalembert

I would do anything for this trade please please please god somehow make it happen.

bossup2
12-28-2009, 10:18 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yl2vysm
also send wilcox to ny from det
NY Houston and Detroit 3 way trade

Houston NY Det

pg: Brooks duhon/bynum stuckey/nate
sg: Rip/ariza chandler/Tmac Gordon/mobley
sf: Prince/battier gallinari/tmac jerebko/charlie v/daye
pf: Scola harrington/landry wallace/wilcox/charlie v
C: Hayes/curry Hill/darko Lee/brown

NBA-GMaster
12-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Trade TMAC and Yao plus Lowry and Dorsey to Knicks for Harrington, Mobley, Curry, and Duhon plus 1st rd draft pick..
that's a very big save for a cap room.. and Rockets could sign 3 all star players next season plus a 1st rd draft pick.. It will not affect the rockets coz yao ming is out for this season, tmac is playing a limited minutes and dorsey is playing in devt league..
For knicks, They lose Harrington and Duhon But Lowry could start in Duhon's place.. Curry is unhappy.. Bye bye 2009-10, HELLO 2010-2011 season!! LEBRON JAMES

JordansBulls
12-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Salmons, Miller, Jerome James for Tmac and Cook.

kntresistheheat
12-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Rockets Get:

Al Harrington
Wilson Chandler
Eddy Curry

Knicks Get:
disgruntled T-mac and his lovely expiring contract.

Correct me if am wrong, but arent those your two best players???:confused:

kntresistheheat
12-28-2009, 10:35 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yl2vysm
also send wilcox to ny from det
NY Houston and Detroit 3 way trade

Houston NY Det

pg: Brooks duhon/bynum stuckey/nate
sg: Rip/ariza chandler/Tmac Gordon/mobley
sf: Prince/battier gallinari/tmac jerebko/charlie v/daye
pf: Scola harrington/landry wallace/wilcox/charlie v
C: Hayes/curry Hill/darko Lee/brown

This is not a bad Idea, This could work for all three teams:clap:

KNOCKOUT
12-28-2009, 10:37 PM
YAAAAAY!!!! T-mac outta houston!!!!

Legitimate
12-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Banks and Bosh for t-mac;s expiring, then in 2010 just resign bosh.

DCB/LAL
12-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Come to LA T-Mac cant be any worse than anybody on the Bench and would really help the Lakers if even for 1 year rental.

xabial
12-28-2009, 10:52 PM

Al Harrington is a chucker...Never looks to pass, doesnt make his teammates around him better.Dont let the stats fool you... Definition of a Stat Filler... Kinda reminds me of Zach Randolph. Sadly though he is the knicks best player at the moment.. :facepalm:
Wilson Chandler- Ill give you that one, no doubt he has tons of potential, part of the knicks future but I would trade him if it means getting rid of Eddy Currys untradable contract. He is not the team savior, Gallinari is, Maybe Jordan Hill, and hopefully Lebron (part of the reason i would do this trade in a heartbeat..by dumping Curry you have room for 2 Max FAs next year! Even if we dont get 2 id still do that trade.) Ill miss Will though

Considering there were rumors the knicks would trade Wilson Chandler for the 5th pick last year , i would definetly trade him for dumping Eddy Curry even if we dont get 2 max FAs.

RaptorsFanatic
12-28-2009, 11:02 PM
If only the Raps had done this with Vince the fan base wouldnt boo their only iconic ball player.

Was this really needed? :eyebrow:
I totally agree, but not all of the fan base boos him. Coming from a fanatic, I oppose to any of my fellow fans booing him for what he did to put us on the map.

itsripcity32
12-28-2009, 11:05 PM
They will NOT buy him out.....But im hoping they ship him to detroit for rip and prince and be done with it........But i agree the longer they wait on this the sweeter the deal gets they get half what they would get if they trade him now.....But that's been tmac's plan all along to pressure the front office by being a problem......... We have the best GM in the league and ain't nobody getting over on us we know exactly what we have and what the value is to these cash strapped teams........

lol

RaptorsFanatic
12-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Meh..I guess I'll keep him on my fantasy team, since I have a cushion, won't harm me.

jimbobjarree
12-28-2009, 11:20 PM
utah please get him using memo or ak's contracts

D1JM
12-28-2009, 11:24 PM
Trade TMAC and Yao plus Lowry and Dorsey to Knicks for Harrington, Mobley, Curry, and Duhon plus 1st rd draft pick..
that's a very big save for a cap room.. and Rockets could sign 3 all star players next season plus a 1st rd draft pick.. It will not affect the rockets coz yao ming is out for this season, tmac is playing a limited minutes and dorsey is playing in devt league..
For knicks, They lose Harrington and Duhon But Lowry could start in Duhon's place.. Curry is unhappy.. Bye bye 2009-10, HELLO 2010-2011 season!! LEBRON JAMES

y would houston take curry fat ***

bball1217
12-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Would this now be a fair trade?
Rockets Get:
Monta Ellis (5 years on contract) about 11 million
Andris Biedrins (5 years on contract) about 9 million
Anthony Randolph (2 years on contract) about 3 million

Warriors Get:
McGrady (23 million expiring)
Scola (4 million expiring)

The Warriors are doing awful right now, one of the worst teams in the league. They all ready have a guy to replace Ellis, with Curry. Rockets take on Biedrins contract and get a solid big man. Randolph might be pushing it and Rockets might have to give up Budinger to finish the deal, but otherwise I think this is a fair deal.

Rockets lineup: (with Budinger in the trade or injured, not in the lineup)
Brooks (28 MPG)/ Lowry (20 MPG)
Ellis (35 MPG)/Ariza (8 MPG)/Brooks (5 MPG)
Battier (30 MPG)/Ariza (18 MPG)
Hayes (25 MPG)/ Ariza (8 MPG)/Randolph (15 MPG)
Biedrins (30 MPG)/ Randolph (10 MPG)/ Hayes (5 MPG)/ Andersen (3 MPG)

I think that gives the Rockets a really good lineup, but now they have a go-to scorer who is more reliable than Ariza, and of course more reliable than McGrady. It won't be easy to part with Scola or Budinger even, but if they can get Ellis (25 PPG), Biedrins, and Randolph, I think they would have to accept that trade.

The Warriors get tons of cap room with McGrady's contract in a great FA class and also get a great post player in Scola (who is averaging about 15 and 10) and he too has an expiring contract. And Budinger is a young athletic player with an incredible shot, who is having a good season.

Warriors Lineup:
Curry/Watson
McGrady (eventually)/Morrow/Budinger (maybe)
Maggette/Azubuike/Budinger (maybe)
Scola/Radmanovic
Moore/Turiaf

What do you guys think?

jimbobjarree
12-28-2009, 11:27 PM
^warriors piss away all their good stuff without even ditching maggette which was their prime objective...are you being serious?

itsripcity32
12-28-2009, 11:29 PM
^warriors piss away all their good stuff without even ditching maggette which was their prime objective...are you being serious?

agreed

astrosmaniac
12-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Rockets Get:

Warriors Get:

The Warriors are doing awful right now, one of the worst teams in the league. They all ready have a guy to replace Ellis, with Curry. Rockets take on Biedrins contract and get a solid big man. Randolph might be pushing it and Rockets might have to give up Budinger to finish the deal, but otherwise I think this is a fair deal.

I think that gives the Rockets a really good lineup, but now they have a go-to scorer who is more reliable than Ariza, and of course more reliable than McGrady. It won't be easy to part with Scola or Budinger even, but if they can get Ellis (25 PPG), Biedrins, and Randolph, I think they would have to accept that trade.

The Warriors get tons of cap room with McGrady's contract in a great FA class and also get a great post player in Scola (who is averaging about 15 and 10) and he too has an expiring contract. And Budinger is a young athletic player with an incredible shot, who is having a good season.

Warriors Lineup:
Curry/Watson
Scola/Radmanovic
Moore/Turiaf

What do you guys think?
rockets jump at this. warriors dont do it in a million years. if im the rockets i do it without randolph even, to be honest

bball1217
12-28-2009, 11:32 PM
I see what your saying. Would it be fair to replace Biedrins with Magette?

What do you think of the trade now?
Rockets Get
Ellis
Maggette
Randolph (maybe)

Warriors Get:
McGrady
Scola
Budinger (maybe) or draft pick

???

jimbobjarree
12-28-2009, 11:35 PM
I doubt gsw would trade beans and randolph. The rumor was teams would get randolph if they took maggette, I reckon gsw would do Maggette, Randolph, Turiaf, Claxton, Moore at a stretch for tmac, they give up ellis or biedrins along with randolph we will probably see the first fan boycott of a game ever.

moor and claxton would get waived, turiaf would play some good mins at center, maggette can play the 2/3 and randolph is a stud, the centerpiece of the deal. Doubt the rockets would be all that interested, which is why unless the warriors rape themselves i dont see a deal between the 2

RocketsRule
12-28-2009, 11:38 PM

I'd be all for a Okur and AK-47 for McGrady deal. Gives us size and a replacement for Yao this season.

jimbobjarree
12-28-2009, 11:40 PM
I'd be all for a Okur and AK-47 for McGrady deal. Gives us size and a replacement for Yao this season.

ak and okur for tmac and either battier or scola would be awesome. Worst possible scenario for the jazz is we get 2 lotto picks and 25mil cap space, win win

DRE'-MAC
12-28-2009, 11:47 PM
T-Mac for Shaq?

astrosmaniac
12-28-2009, 11:55 PM
ak and okur for tmac and either battier or scola would be awesome. Worst possible scenario for the jazz is we get 2 lotto picks and 25mil cap space, win win

i pass on AK's god awful contract

Verbal Christ
12-28-2009, 11:57 PM

include the knicks first rounder this year, and take your pick from our reserves minus carl landry and its a deal.

jimbobjarree
12-28-2009, 11:58 PM
i pass on AK's god awful contract

it goes from coal to gold next year becoming a decent player and a 17.8mil expiring, which for a wealthy team like yours only 1 year left is childs play, you could trade him as an expiring in the summer if he didnt fit in, and he'd fit your system better than ours.

what about antawn jamison and expirings, wizards looking to blow it up

jimbobjarree
12-29-2009, 12:00 AM
include the knicks first rounder this year, and take your pick from our reserves minus carl landry and its a deal.

meh only want him for the expiring, trading the pick for that would be more foolish than trading maynor for cap relief

Wizard of O's
12-29-2009, 12:02 AM
$23mil to go home and spend time with his family lol, now that's the life.

They should buy him out and he should sign with Orlando for the vet's min, I heard they were in talks to acquire him when they decided to just go with VC instead, plus he's in favor of returning, so it's a win-win. He could be their 6th man and lead the reserves while the starters rest.

Plus a lineup of Nelson-Carter-McGrady-Lewis-Howard late in games could pay dividends.

that would put the magic like 30 mil over the luxury tax. they have to make a trade and give something to level out the money. rockets wanted gortat over the summer and paying 5 mil for a backup center is alot.

Verbal Christ
12-29-2009, 12:04 AM
meh only want him for the expiring, trading the pick for that would be more foolish than trading maynor for cap relief

we wouldnt request both memo and ak, one of the two, plus lets say korver and filler + the pick for tmac/filler

jimbobjarree
12-29-2009, 12:06 AM
yeah ak+korver for tmac would suit me fine

wasnt there rumblings about you wanting fesenko or something in the summer, maybe we throw him in too...but i doubt we trade the pick for anything

Verbal Christ
12-29-2009, 12:09 AM
^ that may be the only thing that really interests the rockets, deal killer? lol

FOBolous
12-29-2009, 12:10 AM
The Rockets are probably going to keep him until the trade deadline. if they can't a suitable trade by the trade deadline...THAN they'll probably consider buying him out. however, i don't think they will. I think they rather keep him on the team and collect insurance money.

Trevor Ariza
12-29-2009, 12:14 AM
I see what your saying. Would it be fair to replace Biedrins with Magette?

What do you think of the trade now?
Rockets Get
Ellis
Maggette
Randolph (maybe)

Warriors Get:
McGrady
Scola
Budinger (maybe) or draft pick

???

You're not getting the best white rookie in the NBA.

NBA-GMaster
12-29-2009, 12:14 AM
The Rockets are probably going to keep him until the trade deadline. if they can't a suitable trade by the trade deadline...THAN they'll probably consider buying him out. however, i don't think they will. I think they rather keep him on the team and collect insurance money.

:nod: :up:

jimbobjarree
12-29-2009, 12:15 AM
^ that may be the only thing that really interests the rockets, deal killer? lol

firstly mcgrady hasnt played major minutes for ages, secondly he's expiring so I dont even know if we'd keep him beyond this year and thirdly, isnt he 30...would you really trade a top 10 pick for that? Maybe you still see him as the 25ppg scorer, but we all see him as an expiring contract only, asking for the knicks pick is just being unrealistic. If you want something good for him play him and prove to us he's still worth that.

RaptorsFanatic
12-29-2009, 12:22 AM
5 weeks....5 weeks I wasted storing this dickwad on my fantasy bench hoping he would play...and look what happens. Thanks alot Rockets!

Verbal Christ
12-29-2009, 12:23 AM
firstly mcgrady hasnt played major minutes for ages, secondly he's expiring so I dont even know if we'd keep him beyond this year and thirdly, isnt he 30...would you really trade a top 10 pick for that? Maybe you still see him as the 25ppg scorer, but we all see him as an expiring contract only, asking for the knicks pick is just being unrealistic. If you want something good for him play him and prove to us he's still worth that.

okay, but how then can you expect to trade us pieces that we dont need curently? we're set at the 4-5 with the current lineup, could we use more size? sure, but its not killing us thus far, the sick freaking schedule is, literally, but i digress. see you have to give up something in order to receive something, and the rockets arent in a big rush to trade tmac, just to appease him, or any other team in a bargain type deal.

blazerman
12-29-2009, 12:56 AM
it is really unfortunate that this league no longer respects its ageing stars.

its seems when these stars are in they're prime they are glorified yet when they slow down and arent able to put up amazing numbers the teams really dont know what to do with them. Iverson, tmac, stephon marbury, steve francis, even shaq. These were all guys that were nba stars just a few years ago. received high praise from fans, teams, coaches, GM's. Yet as soon as theyre services are no longer required these same glorifide stars are disrespected beyond beleif. is this how we treat our stars in this league ?? will lebron james, dwane wade, carmello anthony one day be benched and asked to leave the team if they complain ??
even shaq, one of the greatest centres of all time seems to be the target for critisizm. its almost a sin to age in this league because once you do you are written off and forgotten about. it is really disapointing to me.

You didnt just go there, (putting McGrady in with Francis and Marbury).

Marbury and Francis hurt themselves and their former teams just got tired of it and didnt want them around their younger players so they were basically banished. AI hasnt been willing to accept anything other than a starting role and has also could be included with Marbury/Francis to an extent.
Shaq burns his bridges all by himself and the league, his former teams, teammates and fans have all been good to him, he's a diva and has a me first mentality and always has.

McGrady is a little different because he has missed alot of time due to injuries but hasnt pulled the shananigan's that the others have to discredit they're names. I cant say for sure what's caused his lasest falling out, playing time has something to do with it but maybe it could be McGrady himself but up til this point he hasnt been a bad guy in the league. Im sure he feels he deserves the little extra's and the respect of others automatically (which he doesnt, everybody has gotta put in the work and he hasnt done that for awhile).

Also the NBA is a league that generally goes by the philosophy "what have you done for me lately".

bevstev
12-29-2009, 01:08 AM
First of all, once T-mac was activated and played in a game, the insurance stopped. The money now comes from the rockets, not the insurance co.
Second, the Rockets only want to get rid of McGrady, not Scola, not Landry, and not Budinger. In case anyone missed it, the Rockets are currently in second place in their division, and playing pretty good basketball. They want Chris Bosh, but will probably wait until free agency. Believe me, they will not take on any team's long term crap contracts. They are positioning themselves to go after Bosh in the off-season. The only way they will take anything more than a one year contract would be for a top line big man, who could take Yao's place if he is not able to come back next year. Gortat, anyone?

dRa1niNg_ 3s
12-29-2009, 01:52 AM
it goes from coal to gold next year becoming a decent player and a 17.8mil expiring, which for a wealthy team like yours only 1 year left is childs play, you could trade him as an expiring in the summer if he didnt fit in, and he'd fit your system better than ours.

what about antawn jamison and expirings, wizards looking to blow it up

Good thinking i would trade for Jamison in a heart beat. How about this trade.

Rockets Get:
Jamison, Miller and Blatche.

Wizards Get:
Tmac, Budinger, and Dorsey.

Brooks, Lowry.
Ariza, Miller.
Jamison, Battier.
Scola, Landry.
Blatche, Hayes, Andersen.

Thoughts???

DasBoot
12-29-2009, 02:16 AM

Nah, well Chandler is good and has a chance to be GREAT. But if it lets us move Curry who could be another option for the Rockets should Yao leave, and it also gives them another C right now to fill the void of Yao.

What I'm saying is, for us to be able to move the contract of Curry it just leads us closer to 3 max FA's next year. Also look for Jared Jeffries to be traded and possibly packaged with Nate, hes quietly having an OUTSTANDING year on D and is bringing energy off the bench.

We do that, we have room for 3 max free agents, and a couple mid level exceptions, we got Gallinari, Douglas, Hill ... Gallinari is our best player in terms of talent , but in numbers hes decent.

IF any of this happens and we clear that much space. The pitch to Lebron will be build your own team, and be known as the Man who saved basketball in New York. He would be bigger than Namath and Mantle.

...pretty good sales pitch I'd say.:cool:

_KB24_
12-29-2009, 02:17 AM
I hope the Raps pick him up somehow.....

Raph12
12-29-2009, 03:47 AM
that would put the magic like 30 mil over the luxury tax. they have to make a trade and give something to level out the money. rockets wanted gortat over the summer and paying 5 mil for a backup center is alot.

Orlando is currently sitting at $80m, near $13m over the Luxury Tax (doubled to $26m). Signing Tmac for the vet's min ($1-2m) would be worth the extra $4m it would cost.

Btw I'm sure Orlando could work out a trade for Gortat with Houston (maybe for Scola or something), but only after the season is over. Gortat is in the base year of his contract, the Magic can only move half of his salary, so they decided to keep him to get full value out of him in the offseason.

HouRealCoach
12-29-2009, 04:09 AM
It trips me out how T-Mac was never 100% the previous years and they played him like hell.... Now he the closest to his old self since his first season in Hou and they tell him not to get in the jersey and try to ship him

fredv
12-29-2009, 04:54 AM
To all you people who think the Rockets will buy him out:

The Rockets, according to sources with knowledge of the team's thinking, refuse to consider buying out the remainder of McGrady's $23.2 million expiring contract, which would enable him to become a free agent.

One source said that the Rockets' anti-buyout stance is so deeply rooted that they plan to keep him on the payroll even if a deal can't be struck before the trading deadline.

McGrady must join a team by March 1 in order to qualify for a playoff roster.

fredv
12-29-2009, 04:57 AM
In other news, Rockets rejected a McGrady for Arenas swap.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=4777423&top

DRE'-MAC
12-29-2009, 05:11 AM
Tracy McGrady has been cleared to take an indefinite leave from the Houston Rockets after the former All-Star's representatives and Rockets management agreed to work together in search of a trade for the disgruntled guard, according to sources close to the situation.

Sources close to the process told ESPN.com that multiple phone discussions Monday between Rockets general manager Daryl Morey and coach Rick Adelman in conjunction with McGrady's lead agent, Arn Tellem, led to a mutual agreement that both sides would try to hatch a workable trade before the league's annual trading deadline on Feb. 18.

McGrady was allowed to return to Houston over the weekend, while the team completed a road trip, when his request for increased minutes in his comeback from microfracture knee surgery was denied by Adelman.

When McGrady's camp pressed Monday for firm promises about when his playing time would be extended -- McGrady has averaged just 7.7 minutes in his six appearances this season -- sources say that the Rockets were not prepared to make any such commitments, leading both sides to conclude that combining their efforts to try to facilitate a trade was the best option.

The Rockets, according to sources with knowledge of the team's thinking, refuse to consider buying out the remainder of McGrady's $23.2 million expiring contract, which would enable him to become a free agent.

One source said that the Rockets' anti-buyout stance is so deeply rooted that they plan to keep him on the payroll even if a deal can't be struck before the trading deadline.

McGrady must join a team by March 1 in order to qualify for a playoff roster.

Sources said that the sides have agreed for now that the best compromise is allowing McGrady to leave the team to work out on his own and stay ready in case a deal can be struck. The Rockets, meanwhile, will be hoping that McGrady's departure will spare his teammates and coaches from the distraction of daily questions about the two-time scoring champion's status.

"We just keep going," Rockets guard Aaron Brooks told the Houston Chronicle. "Everybody has a job to do. It's the same old story. Nothing changes.

"We always wish the best for Tracy. We can't do anything about what goes on with them. You [media] guys are about the only ones talking about it. We don't talk about it. We let that happen. We let it play out. We might joke about it. We might joke about the media talking about it. That's about it."

Formal comment from the Rockets is expected Tuesday. Neither McGrady nor his agents could immediately be reached Monday.

The reality is that McGrady will be difficult to move, even with Tellem and fellow agent Bob Myers now officially cleared to seek out trade possibilities with other teams. The Rockets are one of the few teams in the league -- in this depressed economy -- willing to take back long-term money to get a player they like, such as Golden State's Anthony Randolph or Sacramento's Kevin Martin. But most potential trading partners have to aggregate so many contracts to get to McGrady's salary range that it's difficult to construct a deal that doesn't require Houston to take back one or more unpalatable deals.

ESPN.com reported Saturday that the Washington Wizards had reached out to the Rockets in an exploratory manner about a possible Gilbert Arenas-for-McGrady swap, but Houston has no interest in such a deal. Arenas ranks as one of the league's most difficult players to move with four seasons left after this one on a mammoth $111 million contract and a history of knee problems to rival McGrady's.

It's conceivable that Houston's trade options could expand once the trading deadline draws closer, but the agreement to let McGrady leave the team immediately eases some pressure on Adelman, who was admittedly struggling to find openings to work a rusty McGrady into a rotation that has been so successful without the seven-time All-Star and injured center Yao Ming.

At 18-13 entering Tuesday's play, Houston ranks as perhaps the biggest surprise team in the league, led by Brooks, sixth man Carl Landry and newcomer Trevor Ariza.

"I don't blame any player for saying I want more, and that's basically what [McGrady] wants, and right now I'm not sure how to do that," Adelman told reporters on Saturday in New Jersey.

Although he was healthy enough to play in only 35 games last season, McGrady insists that his next team will be getting a steal no matter what his modest numbers suggest -- he's averaging just 3.2 points on 7-for-19 shooting in his brief cameos -- and in spite of ongoing concerns about his surgically repaired knee.

"Whoever gets me is going to get a hungry ... player," McGrady told the Chronicle. "I don't care if I go to the damn moon. It doesn't matter. I've been hungry since I came back from my surgery.

"I rededicated myself, refocused, moved to Chicago, worked out the whole summer there. It was every day just grinding, just pushing. I'm not even supposed to be playing right now, so that really tells you how hard I've been working. I wasn't supposed to be playing until January or February. If you asked anybody who had [microfracture surgery] it probably took them a year to really feel full strength. I feel fine right now."

Marc Stein covers the NBA for ESPN.com.

Raph12
12-29-2009, 05:11 AM
In other news, Rockets rejected a McGrady for Arenas swap.

Oh man, Gilbert will not be happy to hear they tried to give him away for an injured hasbeen, the Wizards' GM better watch his back... :guns::hide:

Raph12
12-29-2009, 05:13 AM
Oh man, Gilbert will not be happy to hear they tried to give him away for an injured hasbeen, the Wizards' GM better watch his back... :guns::hide:

GoatMilk
12-29-2009, 05:19 AM
stupid trade offer
no brainer to reject

GoatMilk
12-29-2009, 05:23 AM
idk if it's been discussed in this thread, but how about a Salmons/Brad Miller for TMac swap?

Houston gets a 7 foot center, and a nice expiring in Miller, who is loved by Adelman already
and Salmons who could probably work there as a nice bench player

meanwhile Chicago gets to try and see if Tmac has anything left while shaking things up since Salmons is in the dog house and Miller may not be needed with Tyrus back, a former superstar to mentor Rose and a huge expiring to try and get a big name FA

idk just a thought

abe_froman
12-29-2009, 05:26 AM
idk if it's been discussed in this thread, but how about a Salmons/Brad Miller for TMac swap?

Houston gets a 7 foot center, and a nice expiring in Miller, who is loved by Adelman already
and Salmons who could probably work there as a nice bench player

meanwhile Chicago gets to try and see if Tmac has anything left while shaking things up since Salmons is in the dog house and Miller may not be needed with Tyrus back, a former superstar to mentor Rose and a huge expiring to try and get a big name FA

idk just a thought

its been mentioned alot(mostly bulls fans),and it does make a lot of sense for both sides

GoatMilk
12-29-2009, 05:28 AM
bulls fans are smart

yeah i think it's such a perfect trade.
TMac is even in Chicago working out with a famous trainer. or he's going to be very very soon if he isnt there already

Shareeb_omac2
12-29-2009, 05:28 AM
I don't think that trade rumor has any truth to it... Wouldn't make any sense for the Wizards and why wouldn't houston accept it?

abe_froman
12-29-2009, 05:35 AM
bulls fans are smart

yeah i think it's such a perfect trade.
TMac is even in Chicago working out with a famous trainer. or he's going to be very very soon if he isnt there already

and with all the times with all the times we've gone after him(or at least been linked to him)throughout his entire career,going all the back to his draft day.it would be destiny delayed or something :laugh2:

GoatMilk
12-29-2009, 05:35 AM
I don't think that trade rumor has any truth to it... Wouldn't make any sense for the Wizards and why wouldn't houston accept it?

Wizards arent going anywhere with Jamison/Butler/Arenas so they would like to get some cap relief and trade one of them. Arenas has the biggest contract so thats why they tried

Houston already has Brooks at PG playing great and Trevor Ariza playing great as well. plus getting Arenas has potential to be TMac part 2 if his injuries come back to handcuff them.

no brainer to reject IMO.
worse comes to worst, the Rockets get to have Tmac's contract expire allowing them some cap relief

SeoulBeatz
12-29-2009, 05:36 AM
samuel dalembert jason kapono, willie green, future 1st for mcgrady :)

Allen Iverson/ Jrue Holiday
Tracy McGrady/ Lou Williams
Andre Iguodala/ Rodney Carney
Thaddeus Young/ Marreese Speights
Elton Brand/ Jason Smith

no way that trade would happen though :(

conway429
12-29-2009, 05:58 AM
samuel dalembert jason kapono, willie green, future 1st for mcgrady :)

Allen Iverson/ Jrue Holiday
Tracy McGrady/ Lou Williams
Andre Iguodala/ Rodney Carney
Thaddeus Young/ Marreese Speights
Elton Brand/ Jason Smith

no way that trade would happen though :(

That team would be legit title contenders, 3 or 4 years ago.
But yeah, easy reject for Houston.
Arenas' contract is so ugly...

CraigInSanJose
12-29-2009, 06:05 AM
Rockets Get:

Warriors Get:

Warriors Lineup:
Curry/Watson
Scola/Radmanovic
Moore/Turiaf

What do you guys think?

Quite possibly the worst trade proposal I've ever heard.

As a Warriors fan there is NO CHANCE they even listen to anything involving Monta Ellis's name right now unless the names Lebron, Kobe, Dirk or Wade are thrown in.

Second, Andris isn't going anywhere unless the names Chris Bosh or Amar'e are thrown in.

Third, Randolph isn't going anywhere unless packaged with Maggette unless the name Carlos Boozer is out there and so is the Knick's pick or one of the names mentioned above.

TMac is nice, and I'd love for the Warriors to have him. MAX I'd give up for him is

Best case scenario dealing from the point of weakness they are at right now. Rockets probably get Darko, Jordan Hill and Larry Hughes for him. Maybe Nate Robinson instead of Jordan Hill. That way they still get three expiring deals and some big help at the same time. If they get lucky they get Jordan Hill as a project PF. Otherwise I see deals like swapping for J O'neal or someone of his quality. The Rockets have put themselves in a weak position right now and won't get as much as they could have if they let him build himself up.

Warriors won't give up Wright, Randolph, Ellis, Curry or Biedrins for a one year filler who probably won't be back and might not even be able to help.

Keep your pipe dreams where they belong and accept that you aren't going to get back much value for him.

Maggette, Claxton, Bell/Vlad, and George for TMac would be best case scenario from the Warriors who probably won't make a play for him unless the Rockets are willing to take back Maggette and no young talent for him.

fredv
12-29-2009, 06:07 AM
Yeah I posted this in the other Tmac thread. Not sure we should have like 50 tmac threads in the forum...

tMoNEy24
12-29-2009, 06:07 AM
Tmac is instant cap relief and prolly sells tix if he comes back healthy

eugene
12-29-2009, 06:09 AM
Probably they gonna ship him to the East... So such options like Jazz or Spurs seems impossible

Derick713
12-29-2009, 06:36 AM
How far have Arenas and McGrady fallen. If Arenas could play the 2 then I think the Cavs would think about it.

Derick713
12-29-2009, 06:48 AM
I think the Bulls will get T-Mac. They can offer Brad Miller, Jerome James, and John Salmons. The Knicks are the wild card team in all of this.

THE MOST LIKELY DEAL-

ROCKETS GET-
Larry Hughes
Darko Milicic

KNICKS GET-
Tracy McGrady

I just think the Rockets want to get rid of McGrady. They don't expect to a fair offer for him. I just think they don't want to take back any long terms deals. The Knicks make the most sense in terms of a trade.

ldc62
12-29-2009, 07:44 AM

Not always about 1 to 1 player skills. GOtta look at contract that can lead to long term problems.

OaklandsFinest
12-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Tracy is still twice the player gilbert arenas is. T Mac will be back to All Star form mark my words

kikeyanez
12-29-2009, 08:41 AM
the warriors should jump on this! raja bell,keleena azabukie,speedy claxton,stephen curry an deven george for gilbert arenas

heatbb
12-29-2009, 08:44 AM
Tracy is still twice the player gilbert arenas is. T Mac will be back to All Star form mark my words

lol, ofcourse he's in allstar form, he's still the 3rd leading west guard in the ballot. :p

I really don't think this trade has any truth to it but still, there's no point for Rox to trade one huge expiring contract for another huge that doesn't expire for years. Especially as Brooks has been solid.

FOBolous
12-29-2009, 11:18 AM
in morey i trust. whatever players we trade tmac for is going to be good and productive.

favre_4life
12-29-2009, 11:24 AM
How about...Michael Redd for T-Mac straight up. Contracts don't work but hell I just want Redd gone..

kingkenny01
12-29-2009, 11:47 AM
mike redd and dan gadzuric for t mac good deal

Kakaroach
12-29-2009, 12:12 PM
I think everyone expected this once they decided not to take him on that road trip or whatever. Like I said, I'm expecting a move sometime this week, whether it be a trade or a the Rockets waiving/cutting him.

Lo Porto
12-29-2009, 12:22 PM
The Rockets approached the Jazz this summer about a TMac for AK47 package. AK fits perfectly with what Adelman wants to do in Houston. He's all purpose, can play the SF or PF and plays D. Utah declined because they valued AK so highly. Now though, it's becoming more obvious that Boozer is the piece that Utah needs to keep but AK's contract might get in the way of Boozer staying. There are two different ways that both teams could approach this deal.

1. TMac for AK and Korver http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ygftkaf. Utah loses a little money this year, but they gain a lot next year. Korver has been the odd man out in Utah behind Brewer, CJ, and Matthews. However, there are minutes available for TMac if he plays strong ball. He would create a massive backcourt with Deron if healthy. Houston gains two players that fit their system and build on this already successful season.

2. TMac, Scola and a 1st for AK and Okur http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjr4fx8 Utah gambles here by trading their starting center and AK. However, Utah needs to shake up that Boozer/Okur combo because they don't compliment each other on the defensive end. Scola is a player that the Jazz have wanted for a long time. He fits Sloan and the Jazz perfectly. In Okur, Houston gets their center for the rest of this year, and a big who can spread the floor for Yao in the future.

kobebabe
12-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Rockets Get:

Warriors Get:

Warriors Lineup:
Curry/Watson
Scola/Radmanovic
Moore/Turiaf

What do you guys think?

I would consider dumping maggette

kobebabe
12-29-2009, 12:25 PM
I would suggest lakers take up his expiring contract to get rid of their ******** bench players. TMAC would have to come off the bench. IT CAN'T BE ANY WORSE THAN IT ALREADY IS ANYWAY

Lo Porto
12-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Whoever suggested Ellis, Randolph and Biedrins for TMac and Scola should be kicked in the junk. That is the most ignorant honest trade submittal I've ever seen. "You receive no points and may God have mercy on your soul."

Kakaroach
12-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Yeahhh Lo and his awesome trade ideas in the NBA forum, now KOC just needs to get it done lol.

sep11ie
12-29-2009, 01:08 PM
The Rockets approached the Jazz this summer about a TMac for AK47 package. AK fits perfectly with what Adelman wants to do in Houston. He's all purpose, can play the SF or PF and plays D. Utah declined because they valued AK so highly. Now though, it's becoming more obvious that Boozer is the piece that Utah needs to keep but AK's contract might get in the way of Boozer staying. There are two different ways that both teams could approach this deal.

1. TMac for AK and Korver http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ygftkaf. Utah loses a little money this year, but they gain a lot next year. Korver has been the odd man out in Utah behind Brewer, CJ, and Matthews. However, there are minutes available for TMac if he plays strong ball. He would create a massive backcourt with Deron if healthy. Houston gains two players that fit their system and build on this already successful season.

2. TMac, Scola and a 1st for AK and Okur http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjr4fx8 Utah gambles here by trading their starting center and AK. However, Utah needs to shake up that Boozer/Okur combo because they don't compliment each other on the defensive end. Scola is a player that the Jazz have wanted for a long time. He fits Sloan and the Jazz perfectly. In Okur, Houston gets their center for the rest of this year, and a big who can spread the floor for Yao in the future.

Wrong, Utah approached Houston with that trade. Houston is NOT taking on bad contracts.

sep11ie
12-29-2009, 01:14 PM
in morey i trust. whatever players we trade tmac for is going to be good and productive.

:cheers::cheers:

dstruong
12-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Knicks

Lee
Jefferies
Milicic

rockets

T-Mac

All the knicks want is salary space for next year.

Getting currys contact is goal number one for the knicks, however getting rid of jefferies 7 million will ensure they have enough money to go after 2 superstars. Grab Labron and who ever else, and the following year you get currys 11 mil contract off the books and you can fill in the pieces after the chemistry is built.. I dont think the knicks are pursuing Lee in a long term deal anyways so this deal would work.

Rockets
Will Get get a 1 year rental out of milicic. (7 footer)
Have the option to resign lee to a long term deal
taking jefferies extra year wont hurt the rockets to bad since there chances of landing wade bosh or lebron isnt likely.

what do you guys think

dRa1niNg_ 3s
12-29-2009, 01:52 PM

Hell no, i would hate for the Rockets to trade with the Jazz, i would hate for the Rockets to help them out.

FOBolous
12-29-2009, 02:10 PM
what part of Houston not wanting to take any bad contracts do yall not understand? Houston rather keeps Tmac, let his contract runs out, collect insurance money, and have cap space in 2010 to sign a star of their choice than to take back any bad contracts...unless, of course, the bad contracts comes with a player like Bosh but other than that, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. SO NEW YORK FANS, STOP PROPOSING TRADES WITH JEFFERIES OR CURRY AND UTAH FANS, STOP PROPOSING TRADES WITH AK47

Trevor Ariza
12-29-2009, 03:22 PM
I lol at all these trades for T-Mac to Utah. Rockets in no way shape of form want Andrei Kirlenko. We have a great batch of Forwards, we don't want to bring that ****** on board.

RaptorsFanatic
12-29-2009, 03:26 PM
As much as I want him to be traded so I can see him play with decent minutes, I doubt this will happen.

bleedprple&gold
12-29-2009, 03:43 PM
what part of Houston not wanting to take any bad contracts do yall not understand? Houston rather keeps Tmac, let his contract runs out, collect insurance money, and have cap space in 2010 to sign a star of their choice than to take back any bad contracts...unless, of course, the bad contracts comes with a player like Bosh but other than that, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. SO NEW YORK FANS, STOP PROPOSING TRADES WITH JEFFERIES OR CURRY AND UTAH FANS, STOP PROPOSING TRADES WITH AK47

If NY offers enough good pieces to go along with Jeffries or Curry, I think the Rockets will bite. They should offer Lee and Harrington since they are not in their long term plans anyway.

Lo Porto
12-29-2009, 03:43 PM
Oblivious fans annoy me. The following 2 items are FACTS...

1. Houston tried to trade TMac for AK this summer. I don't know what the entire package was because NOBODY knows specifics but Houston did initiate that conversation with those two being the main ingredients. Since Houston brought it up this summer, Jazz fans will continue to speculate just like every other fan of every other team who would like what TMac's expiring offers.

2. Houston would take long term contracts if it helps the team. " Rockets are willing to take back long-term money for the right trade with McGrady" - http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-mcgradytrade1228089&prov=yhoo&type=lgns The only way to trade TMac is to take back long term contracts. His contract is too big to do otherwise unless it's Jermaine O'Neal or Shaq. But both those teams would be stupid to trade a healthy big for a question mark wing.

Verbal Christ
12-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Any ideas that involve the rockets giving up picks are not rooted in reality. We are trying to acquire picks,young talent and maybe would be willing to take on a short term 'bad contract' to do so.

BkOriginalOne
12-29-2009, 03:49 PM
He'll probably get bought out for 6 million.

Lakers4ItAll
12-29-2009, 03:52 PM
To the Bulls for Hinrich n Thomas

aNYer
12-29-2009, 03:58 PM
If NY offers enough good pieces to go along with Jeffries or Curry, I think the Rockets will bite. They should offer Lee and Harrington since they are not in their long term plans anyway.

Thats exactly what I have been saying

Would you take Curry for Lee. I get That Curry would take your cap room away but having Lee on your team would allow you to go over the cap to retain him and I think he fits perfectly into your system. Now here is the part I feel will lose most rocket fans. You also take Jeffries and we add Harrington. To make it work you guys would include Brian Cook and Joey Dorsey. Harrinton is a lot of scoring off the bench. Jeffries is to make it worth it to us but honestly his defense wouldn't hurt, he does lead the league in charges taken and leads the knicks in blocks.

Why I don't think taking Curry and Jeffries is a deal breaker. As I stated, you lose the cap room but you have Lee and the ability to retain him (Harrington too if you felt like he deserved it). Curry and Jeffries both expire after next season so you would get a their $18 million off the books when the rockets have a lot of cap room.

T-mac, Cook, Dorsey
for
Lee, Harrington, Curry, Jeffries

bleedprple&gold
12-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Thats exactly what I have been saying

I don't think the Rockets will take Jeffries AND Curry. That might be pushing it...

aNYer
12-29-2009, 04:10 PM
I don't think the Rockets will take Jeffries AND Curry. That might be pushing it...

If they would take one then taking the other makes no difference. Either one leaves them with no cap room, or worse very little cap room, which would mean they don't get the MLE. If you take both you get the MLE, Lee, and Harringtom. Then both expire the very next season so again, taking both has the same affect as taking 1 financially.

dev0
12-29-2009, 04:26 PM
if the rockets don't want McGrady because he would upset team chemistry and jack up shots like a bum, why in the world would they ever ever ever even think of a T-Mac for Gilbert swap??? that rumour has to die soon

bleedprple&gold
12-29-2009, 04:33 PM
If they would take one then taking the other makes no difference. Either one leaves them with no cap room, or worse very little cap room, which would mean they don't get the MLE. If you take both you get the MLE, Lee, and Harringtom. Then both expire the very next season so again, taking both has the same affect as taking 1 financially.

Good point, you are right. They could still have 8-10 million of free space if they were to only take Jeffries, and not re-sign Lee, Harrington or Scola, but then why do the trade in the first place if u don't plan to keep those guys? Plus that's not really enough money to do much with, especially since they can't spend it all on one player. They are better off just completely sacrificing their 2010 FA and waiting until 2011. But if they really want the cap space for 2010, then they should just keep McGrady.

fredv
12-29-2009, 04:38 PM
From SportsCenter(Ric Bucher):

Rockets want an Allstar(who are the Rockets thinking of?) in return of Tmac or atleast a young player with potential to become an Allstar(Randolph?). At the moment the contenders are not interested in Tmac(No Jazz?), only teams that are going to dump stuff after failing to make the playoffs.

JordansBulls
12-29-2009, 04:47 PM
From SportsCenter(Ric Bucher):

This is Ric Buchler, the same guy who said the day before the 2007-2008 season that Kobe would never play with the Lakers again.

I'm sure he just makes stuff up.

abe_froman
12-29-2009, 04:50 PM
This is Ric Buchler, the same guy who said the day before the 2007-2008 season that Kobe would never play with the Lakers again.

I'm sure he just makes stuff up.
just because it didnt happen doesnt mean that wasnt the sentiment(especially from kobe)at the time,or scary close to being true...until they came to their senses and walked back from the edge

aNYer
12-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Good point, you are right. They could still have 8-10 million of free space if they were to only take Jeffries, and not re-sign Lee, Harrington or Scola, but then why do the trade in the first place if u don't plan to keep those guys? Plus that's not really enough money to do much with, especially since they can't spend it all on one player. They are better off just completely sacrificing their 2010 FA and waiting until 2011. But if they really want the cap space for 2010, then they should just keep McGrady.

I agree except that I am working under the assumption they want to keep Scola, who is going to but into a nice chunk of that cap space, so again this leaves them with little room for a better player. Another reason the deal works. I don't think I am overrating Lee, Harrington is a pure scorer, Jeffries is a defender perion. If you could combine Harrington and Jeffries that would be 1 damn fine player.

Sports Illustrator
12-29-2009, 05:37 PM

I don't know about guys like Toney Douglas, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler and Jordan Hill but that Knicks would definitely be willing to trade guys like Nate Robinson, Larry Hughes, Al Harrington and David Lee IMO if they are able to unload one player out of either Curry or Jeffries. This is the reason why I think the Knicks have a chance of getting T-Mac.

RaptorsFanatic
12-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Do you guys really think the Rockets will miraculously take your shitboxes, in Jeffries and Curry, in exchange for McGrady?

:facepalm:

Damn, these guys really think they can do anything in the league.

wileyisTOFU
12-29-2009, 06:04 PM
come on raptor fans, you k now you want bosh for mcgrady straight up

RaptorsFanatic
12-29-2009, 06:08 PM
come on raptor fans, you k now you want bosh for mcgrady straight up

Keep dreaming...

astrosmaniac
12-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Oblivious fans annoy me. The following 2 items are FACTS...

1. Houston tried to trade TMac for AK this summer. I don't know what the entire package was because NOBODY knows specifics but Houston did initiate that conversation with those two being the main ingredients. Since Houston brought it up this summer, Jazz fans will continue to speculate just like every other fan of every other team who would like what TMac's expiring offers.

2. Houston would take long term contracts if it helps the team. " Rockets are willing to take back long-term money for the right trade with McGrady" - http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-mcgradytrade1228089&prov=yhoo&type=lgns The only way to trade TMac is to take back long term contracts. His contract is too big to do otherwise unless it's Jermaine O'Neal or Shaq. But both those teams would be stupid to trade a healthy big for a question mark wing.
you say the 1st thing is fact, but never back it up by showing any article that says there was a rumor that the rockets wanted AK

RocketsRule
12-29-2009, 06:15 PM
you say the 1st thing is fact, but never back it up by showing any article that says there was a rumor that the rockets wanted AK

Yeah and from what I recall it was the Jazz who wanted initiated discussions, not the Rockets.

LA_Raiders
12-29-2009, 06:21 PM
HE will go to NY, Chi, Tor Or Milw trust me...

fredv
12-29-2009, 06:42 PM
Here is to the NY dreamers:

Let me throw out some names, Rockets fans. Jared Jefferies, Eddy Curry, Michael Redd, Samuel Dalembert.

Do any of those names stir up your endorphins? Morey could acquire any of those cap-killing, non-studs with one phone call.

He won't do that because he likes his job. MIT does not enroll idiots.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/316048-kleemans-jump-hook-sorting-out-the-tracy-mcgrady-situation

smith&wesson
12-29-2009, 06:42 PM
You didnt just go there, (putting McGrady in with Francis and Marbury).

Marbury and Francis hurt themselves and their former teams just got tired of it and didnt want them around their younger players so they were basically banished. AI hasnt been willing to accept anything other than a starting role and has also could be included with Marbury/Francis to an extent.
Shaq burns his bridges all by himself and the league, his former teams, teammates and fans have all been good to him, he's a diva and has a me first mentality and always has.

McGrady is a little different because he has missed alot of time due to injuries but hasnt pulled the shananigan's that the others have to discredit they're names. I cant say for sure what's caused his lasest falling out, playing time has something to do with it but maybe it could be McGrady himself but up til this point he hasnt been a bad guy in the league. Im sure he feels he deserves the little extra's and the respect of others automatically (which he doesnt, everybody has gotta put in the work and he hasnt done that for awhile).

Also the NBA is a league that generally goes by the philosophy "what have you done for me lately".

im not saying that tmac is as bad as a marbury or francis. im saying he is getting treated like them. the guys been injured sure he hasnt helped his franchise but the fact remains. he was injured. now what ? make him rot on the bench ? hold him hostage because you dont want to use him and you dont want to buy him out ??

THE PHILOSOPHY IS WHAT I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH I THINK IT IS CLASSLESS.

FOBolous
12-29-2009, 06:51 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/316048-kleemans-jump-hook-sorting-out-the-tracy-mcgrady-situation

LOL!!! :laugh: best post of the year :clap:

Verbal Christ
12-29-2009, 06:53 PM
^^ at least its not like the NFL, where 'what have you done for me lately' turns into 'pack your crap and scat' with no paycheck. basketball players for as crappy as they get treated, still get paid.

FOBolous
12-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Keep dreaming...

well Bosh is going to leave Toronto anyways after this season soooo...:shrug: at least Mcgrady has a chance of staying with less $$$ so yall will have cap space to sign another star to go with Tmac

aNYer
12-29-2009, 07:10 PM

Oh no a writer said something with no ties to the team.
Like any deal would revolve around those mentioned. Like the team said, they would be willing to take a long term contract if it helped the team. Lee is helping the team. Harrington is a scorer off the bench, hell even JJ helps on defense, not that he would be an attraction really.
Once Scola eats up most of your room you can pray Yao stars healthy. Cause after that you will have around the MLE (less if anyone raises Scola's price tag after missing on other free agents, or they lose him and hope they can fill their front court holes with their cap room. One of their main targets would probably be Lee.)

Verbal Christ
12-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Like any deal would revolve around those mentioned. Like the team said, they would be willing to take a long term contract if it helped the team. Lee is helping the team. Harrington is a scorer off the bench, hell even JJ helps on defense, not that he would be an attraction really.
Once Scola eats up most of your room you can pray Yao stars healthy. Cause after that you will have around the MLE (less if anyone raises Scola's price tag after missing on other free agents, or they lose him and hope they can fill their front court holes with their cap room. One of their main targets would probably be Lee.)

NY fans sure get pissed off quick! dude im pretty sure there isnt a GM out there in a big rush to help you guys get lebron, mmmkay. you guys are proposing basically to send us some more PF's, ummm last time i checked we had two badass ones. jeffries? we already have ariza. curry? hayes is better. so im just trying to figure out how its supposed to make us better? we are already better than the knicks with the current lineup, how's adding their players going to improve the rockets? plus dont be surprised if scola is shipped as well he's due for a big raise, and with the emergence of landry, andersen is a fine backup for a fraction of the cost, scola may even be included in a mcgrady deal.

FOBolous
12-29-2009, 07:21 PM

here:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/11579/more-on-tracy-mcgradys-comeback-knicks-want-him

The New York Knicks are hoping it is sooner rather than later, and they have been one of the most persistent pursuers of McGrady over the past several weeks, ESPN.com has learned.

But what is killing the Knicks' chances of landing McGrady, who would be a panacea for them next summer when they plan to be major players on the free agent market, is their insistence that Jared Jeffries be included in any deal with the Rockets.

now shut up about Jefferies and Curry. it's insulting that you think our GM is that dumb. i also remember reading somewhere that the Rockets would only trade Tmac to New York if Gallinari (young player with all-star potential) is included in the package and the knicks are adamant about not trading Gallinari.

Verbal Christ
12-29-2009, 07:37 PM
^ yea i think on CFans they had a thread where morey purposely insisted on gallinari being part of any trade knowing full well the knicks wouldnt go for it, but if the ghost of isiah thomas was still present and they did, going all out for lebron, then the rockets would be in a win-win.

aNYer
12-29-2009, 07:37 PM
NY fans sure get pissed off quick! dude im pretty sure there isnt a GM out there in a big rush to help you guys get lebron, mmmkay. you guys are proposing basically to send us some more PF's, ummm last time i checked we had two badass ones. jeffries? we already have ariza. curry? hayes is better. so im just trying to figure out how its supposed to make us better? we are already better than the knicks with the current lineup, how's adding their players going to improve the rockets? plus dont be surprised if scola is shipped as well he's due for a big raise, and with the emergence of landry, andersen is a fine backup for a fraction of the cost, scola may even be included in a mcgrady deal.

First off I wasn't angered and if you want to see why NY fans get defensive just look at the post right after yours.
Every time Knicks get brought up I know what I am going to see before clicking the link. Its honestly sifting through moronic hate with no basis for an intellectual poster here and there.
As I said, I don't think you can find better talent then Lee, I don't think the knicks have offered him up, I think they want to keep him and should not, not for the right deal. If getting Lee is worth Curry (which I think it is cause the deal allows you to try and resign Lee, remember even if you don't sign Scola you have a huge hole and must pray Yao finishes his first season in how long?) I think it is, then taking Jeffries would not affect your cap as you would be over it. Then you can keep or dump Harrington based on his play.

I have said the rockets might not want such a deal the whole time but you get geniuses who want to trash **** that has nothing to do with them. Ey it is what it is, I'm out, peace.

PHX2daDEATH
12-29-2009, 08:47 PM
Atlanta-Probably dont want him
Boston-Dont need him..dont have the contracts..aint trading the big three
Charlotte-Chandler, Jackson and Nazr or Felton?
Chicago-Deng and Miller?
Cleveland- Straight up for Shaq.. Works for both teams
Detroit- You aint squeezing two of the three remaining starting five (Prince and Rip) for t-mac
Indiana-Intersting place for him to go.. could he play with Granger?
Miami- Straight up for jermaine?
Milwaukee- Dont want him
New Jersey-We already know
New York- aint happening knicks fans
Orlando-Dont have the contracts, keep dreaming
Philly- Some guy suggested Iggy for T-mac on here.. must of been a rockets fan
Toronto-See Boston and Orlando
Washington-have the contracts but should get younger instead of older
Dallas-This would be scary to me as a Suns fan.... he'd have to be bought out and signed though
Denver- Could have the reverse effect that Billups had..
Golden St-The trades I heard on here were insane..GS would be dumber than I thought to give up young talent for him
Clippers-wouldnt give up Kaman or Camby.. im sure houston would jump at that
Lakers-I wish.. it would be 2004 all over again!
Memphis-Dont need A.I. Don't need T-mac
Minnesota-He would retire if he got traded here
New Orleans-INTERESTING Peja and Omeka?
Oklahoma City-I think T-mac makes more than the whole team combined
Phoenix-ONLY if we still had Shaq..!
Portland-Could be traded here and then get injured again
Sacramento-See Oklahoma City
San Antonio-See Dallas
Utah-INTERESTING Okur and AK-47?

twoearl
12-30-2009, 12:43 AM
I think it makes sense for the Hornets to bring in Tmac.

1. He still has a little left in the tank. Playing with CP3 he could average 20 points a night easily, taking some pressure of CP to shoulder the offensive load every night.

2. His contract is huge and comes off the books this year. New Orleans is a team in financial turmoil and getting 20+ million off the books would help.

The only negative I see would any trade for Tmac would have to include D. West and I'm not sure a core of Tmac and CP could do anything more in the west than maybe a second round playoff exit...

astrosmaniac
12-30-2009, 12:47 AM
the only thing the rockets want from the hornets is CP3...

twoearl
12-30-2009, 12:50 AM
Tmac at this point in his career is not even close to being on a level to be traded for CP3. David West is actually a fair trade for Tmac at this point in his career.

also Aaron brooks is playing very well for them and he is also a heck of a lot cheaper too.

RocketsRule
12-30-2009, 12:50 AM

Not sure about that, I do like me some Emeka and West. Only problem is we have those positions covered.

Da616
12-30-2009, 01:09 AM
Send him to the D-League!

fredv
12-30-2009, 03:20 AM
The only valuable thing NY has is Lee (we are already stacked at PF), Harrington (same) and Gallinari. Gallinari is the only guy I would take a bad contract for. The rest can fudge off! Oh, and give me your 1st round picks aswell, Jazz told me they where good!

JordansBulls
12-30-2009, 01:34 PM
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=347418&src=150

One of the regrettable chapters in recent Bulls history was the failed free-agent pursuit of 2000.

The No. 1 target was Toronto's Tracy McGrady, who was met at O'Hare Airport by mascots, Luv-a-Bulls and a three-piece band playing "Sweet Home Chicago."

It was all for naught as McGrady chose Orlando. Nearly 10 years later, the Bulls may get another chance.

The 6-foot-8 swingman is the NBA's highest-paid player at $23.2 million, but his contract ends after the season. A trade with the Bulls would almost have to include the expiring contracts of Brad Miller and Jerome James.

The Bulls might also be interested in moving John Salmons to guarantee a larger amount of cap space next summer. He's owed $6.5 million next season but has an option to terminate the deal and become a free agent.

Without Salmons on the payroll, the Bulls could have more than $20 million to spend on the 2010 free-agent class.

blastmasta26
12-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Send him to the D-League!
Isn't there a limit on how many years of experience you can have to play in the D-League? Regardless, T-Mac would destory the D-League.

JordansBulls
12-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Rumor: Bulls are open to acquiring Tracy McGrady (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Rumor-Bulls-are-open-to-acquiring-Tracy-McGrady?urn=nba,211222)

A trade with the Bulls would almost have to include the expiring contracts of Brad Miller and Jerome James, because, as Howard Beck of the New York Times pointed out, the Rockets are likely reluctant to acquire any long-term contracts unless they view the players as building blocks for the future.

But Mike McGraw adds another wrinkle: Chicago might be interested in moving John Salmons to guarantee a larger amount of cap space next summer. (I love the "might." It's John Salmons for crying out loud.) He's owed $6.5 million next season but has an option to terminate the deal and become a free agent.

Of course, the odds of this happening are minuscule. Unless Isiah Thomas lands another GM job, no one in their right mind is going to give Salmons more than $6.5 million to play basketball next season.

Oh, trade rumors. Fun fun.

Chronz
12-30-2009, 04:35 PM
JB youve been calling this one for awhile

JordansBulls
12-30-2009, 04:57 PM
I saw these rumors in a few different locations.

A source with knowledge of the situation in Chicago said the Bulls would likely insist on getting either Luis Scola or Carl Landry in a trade, making it a four-for-two deal. The Rockets would get James in addition to Miller, Salmons, and Thomas, while sending McGrady and a forward to Chicago. The Rockets are very high on both Scola and Landry, and that could make this a deal-breaker. It remains to be seen.

1560 the Game was just reporting that a Chicago radio station had reported that McGrady was traded to Chicago for John Salmons, Brad Miller, and someone named "Gray" (presumably Aaron Gray).

Not sure how credible they are though.

Jonathan2323
12-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Rockets dont want to take contracts back that run thru next season. Salmons will probably not terminate his contract.

d_ramirez1
12-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Rockets Get: Tayshaun Prince,Kwame Brown,Chris Wilcox,Kyle Korver
Pistons Get: Carlos Boozer,T-Mac
Jazz Get: Richard Hamilton,Chuck Hayes

Rockets
PG-Brooks
SG-Ariza
SF-Prince
PF-Scola
C-Wilcox

Pistons
PG-Stuckey
SG-Gordon
SF-T-Mac
PF-Boozer
C-Big Ben

Jazz
PG-Williams
SG-Hamilton
SF-Brewer
PF-Millsap
C-Okur

Good Deal For All Teams????

RaptorsFanatic
12-30-2009, 05:12 PM
Would McGrady coming to Chicago hurt or increase both Deng's and Rose's numbers?

P.S. There is no way in hell Rockets let go of Scola or Landry, as a matter of fact.

Chronz
12-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Rockets dont want to take contracts back that run thru next season. Salmons will probably not terminate his contract.

Thats a problem if the players production isnt in line with his payroll, Morey could essentially make Salmons his 2010 FA as a low risk option and another expiring to play with the next year. Houston has been shrewd at this, for years they always have a hefty expiring ready, it doesnt always translate into anything but they are always ready or atleast equipped to jump on anyone willing to dump salary.

I think people overstate the Rockets 2010 plans, Yao isnt opting out so its not like they can restructure the financial makeup of the team to sign a MAX player unless the CAP figure is significantly higher. If a star is willing to take a paycut to get here then perhaps, but Morey is savvy enough to work out a sign and trade, and he has plenty of bargaining chips at his disposal.

uprightciti
12-30-2009, 05:18 PM
eddy, nate, and mobley's contract for tmac
pull the trigger
do it donny!

fredv
12-30-2009, 07:12 PM
lol theres no way the Rockets are adding Scola or Landry to the Garbage Chicago is offering! LMFAO! If Landry (who is playing like an ALLSTAR) or Scola (who has been the most consistent and never injured (please don't jinx) guy on the roster) was to be traded, the Rockets would want either Rose or Noah in return. Most likely Rose.

stevefrancis
12-30-2009, 08:28 PM
if scolandry is broken up and were left with hayes harris and ariza then this team isnt going to even put up more then kobes season average

stevefrancis
12-30-2009, 08:29 PM

i wouldn't mind a paul and west for tmac brookes and either landry or scola plus a pick or w/e throw in harris to shut them up.

jimbobjarree
12-30-2009, 09:01 PM
rockets dont have the pieces to get cp3, get real

astrosmaniac
12-30-2009, 11:25 PM
rockets dont have the pieces to get cp3, get real

didnt say we could get him, only that he was the only thing they had we would want

astrosmaniac
12-30-2009, 11:29 PM
Thats a problem if the players production isnt in line with his payroll, Morey could essentially make Salmons his 2010 FA as a low risk option and another expiring to play with the next year. Houston has been shrewd at this, for years they always have a hefty expiring ready, it doesnt always translate into anything but they are always ready or atleast equipped to jump on anyone willing to dump salary.

I think people overstate the Rockets 2010 plans, Yao isnt opting out so its not like they can restructure the financial makeup of the team to sign a MAX player unless the CAP figure is significantly higher. If a star is willing to take a paycut to get here then perhaps, but Morey is savvy enough to work out a sign and trade, and he has plenty of bargaining chips at his disposal.
actually, the rockets will hav almost 17 million dollars of cap space going into the summer for FA (assuming no players sign extensions)

Kakaroach
12-30-2009, 11:39 PM
actually, the rockets will hav almost 17 million dollars of cap space going into the summer for FA (assuming no players sign extensions) I think Yao has already said he will accept his player option, or are you taking that into account?

Chronz
12-31-2009, 02:22 AM
actually, the rockets will hav almost 17 million dollars of cap space going into the summer for FA (assuming no players sign extensions)
Thanks for calling me out stros heres what I understand to be true.

They have 39M on payroll, with basically a million dollar option on Dorsey. Im guessing they decline, so that leaves them (given a 50M cap) 11M to offer a free agent. Thats pretty good but what do you with Scola and Lowry. And I cant find anything on Budingers contract. Had Yao opted out though they couldve gone after 2 top tier players and then resigned Yao. **** they could probably find a taker for Battier if they really needed. Houston is set up for a splash. Your right

I think Yao has already said he will accept his player option, or are you taking that into account?
As hard as it is to believe I was wrong, 11M is quite alot cash. Salmons would interfere with that plan. If Chicago wants Tmac they gotta give up Tyrus but thats too much talent.

TheNatural797
12-31-2009, 02:32 AM
Maybe Nate for McGrady? McGrady for Nate and a 2nd rd pick?

Lo Porto
12-31-2009, 10:28 AM
I have found the trade that the Rockets, Jazz and Knicks have been looking for:

Knicks get McGrady
Rockets get AK and Nate Robinson
Jazz get Wilson Chandler, Jeffries and Mobley
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjyzxel

Why for Knicks: they lose Chandler, but they also dump $8.5 million for 2010 by shedding the contracts of JJ and WC. So NY could sign 2 max players next summer instead of just one. TMac would sell so many more tickets this year so to make up for the loss of Mobley's insurance covered contract.

Why for Rockets: They get AK and the dynamic Nate Robinson. They also save a couple million. AK is a perfect fit for Adelman. His all-purpose play compliments everything Houston is currently doing.

Why for Utah: Sloan would appreciate the good perimeter defender Jeffries. They also get promising Chandler. Mobley's contract is mostly covered by insurance so the Jazz end up saving money. Utah also saves money for next summer when they'll try to re-sign Boozer.

This makes sense according to what is being reported. The Knicks want to dump Jeffries and Robinson, and they'd love TMac. Rockets want to dump TMac, and tried to get AK for TMac this summer. Utah wants to save money for this year and next, and they need perimeter defenders. Win, Win, Win right?

amaziing
12-31-2009, 10:56 AM
Rockets want to dump TMac, and tried to get AK for TMac this summer.

Im not sure this is completely true? I though the Jazz offered AK for Tmac. Plus i think the Rockets would rather let T-Mac expired and tried to go after a free agent instead of trading for AK and N8. For the Rockets to trade they would have to acquire a promising player, which is neither N8 or AK. If something like this we to happen, NYK fans would be amazed at seeing that we can now get the 2 max free agents we wanted.

king james
12-31-2009, 10:57 AM
Honestly thats a real good deal all the way around.

fredv
12-31-2009, 10:57 AM
FAIL. This doesn't help any team besides the Knicks. Rockets said they want ALLSTAR player or a young player with ALLSTAR potential. We don't want a guy who can't get PT on the Knicks, and even though AK would be a nice fit, I don't like his contract.
I'm not a Jazz fan but I doubt they would want Jeffries fat contract aswell..

move on

king james
12-31-2009, 11:01 AM
Hey Fredv I like ur pic.

Cavs_Fan24
12-31-2009, 11:14 AM
it's a good trade. Don't think it has a chance of happening though because I doubt the knicks let Wilson chandler go, even if they're dumping jeffries contract along with it.

Hugbees
12-31-2009, 11:21 AM
Knicks aren't letting Chandler go unless they take Curry(maybe).

Pierzynski4Prez
12-31-2009, 11:26 AM
love how Knicks fans are willing to dump their young, promising players for expiring contracts, all for a CHANCE to sign Lebron. Hey, I bet the Rockets would take Curry too, so throw out some more ridiculous trade suggestions please.

Maybe there is a reason why your franchise hasn't won anything in over 30 years.

And please, don't respond to me like, well who wouldn't want to play in NYC, they will make so much in endorsements, yada yada yada. I ask you this, what great player besides Ewing (drafted) has played with NYC since the 70s or 80s. What big name players have they signed in Free Agency over the last decade or two? Nobody. NBA players can get endorsements in whatever city they are in. They face competition with other players for endorsements, it doesn't' depend what damn city you live in. All the big companies that would dish out big money to lebron, guess what, they are world wide, living and playing for NYC will have no effect.

Play the season out, keep chandler and Gallo and your other young promising guys, let them develop and work from there, like the rest of the league does.

Rangers AK27
12-31-2009, 12:00 PM
In order for the Knicks to trade Jeffries or Curry this year, the other team will ask in return Gallo or Chandler and a future 1st round pick. I think that a playoff team can definetely use Chandler and Jeffries, but do we really want to give that up along with a first rounder?

Kakaroach
12-31-2009, 12:09 PM
The Jazz would actually be willing to take on contracts because even if we don't have AK-47 we still won't have the cap room this summer. To dump Jeffries the Knicks are gonna have to give up a good young talent and rather Chandler than Gallo for most Knicks fans.

The only team that might be iffy would be the Rockets. They get a good player that fits their system in AK-47 but they might not need Nate. Doesn't matter, he's still expiring.

jimbobjarree
12-31-2009, 12:17 PM
Im not sure this is completely true? I though the Jazz offered AK for Tmac. Plus i think the Rockets would rather let T-Mac expired and tried to go after a free agent instead of trading for AK and N8. For the Rockets to trade they would have to acquire a promising player, which is neither N8 or AK. If something like this we to happen, NYK fans would be amazed at seeing that we can now get the 2 max free agents we wanted.

yeah man http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705314842/Utah-Jazz-talked-Kirilenko-for-McGrady-trade.html

TheNatural797
12-31-2009, 12:51 PM
What about this

Knicks get McGrady
Rockets get Nate + 2nd rd

Both superstars are being shelved. Both want out. You trade an eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth..plus a pick lol.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-31-2009, 12:55 PM
What about this

Knicks get McGrady

Both superstars are being shelved. Both want out. You trade an eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth..plus a pick lol.

unfortunately, Nate's 4 mill salary isn't within 10% of McGrady's 23 Mill contract.

And when did Nate Robinson become a superstar?

yanksrock
12-31-2009, 01:04 PM
We don't need McGrady.

We need to buy out curry at the end of the season. And I think we can trade Jeffries straight up, because of his stellar D.

SchyGuy11
12-31-2009, 01:19 PM

scary line up

Lo Porto
12-31-2009, 02:22 PM
The Knicks would trade Chandler in order to dump Jeffries. They already have Gallo and others at his position for this year and are shooting for LeBron at that position next year. Getting rid of Jeffries' $7 million 2010 cap # is worth losing Chandler.

theimortalone
12-31-2009, 03:44 PM
What about this

Knicks get McGrady

Haha you can't be serious? :facepalm: You realize those contracts don't even come close right?

JordansBulls
12-31-2009, 03:51 PM
Mcgrady to the Suns for JRich and Barbosa.

Nash
Mcgrady
Hill
Amare
Fyre

theimortalone
12-31-2009, 03:55 PM

Nash
Mcgrady
Hill
Amare
Fyre

As much as I love Barbosa, I would LOVE to get rid of Richardson. Then we would also get T-Mac's huge expiring to become players in the 2010 FA market. I would do the trade if I were Kerr.

Verbal Christ
12-31-2009, 04:46 PM
you know guaging by some of the 'ideas' in here why dont the rockets just buy out tracy, then go pay his salary wherever he goes from this point forth, and give every team in the league a first round draft pick for the next 32 years, sounds fair doesnt it? rockets would totally win on that, because god forbid them for actually trying to improve the team

cmellofan15
12-31-2009, 04:59 PM
Barbosa would definitely improve the team.

yanksrock
12-31-2009, 05:06 PM

Nash
Mcgrady
Hill
Amare
Fyre

Don't see that happening.

pistonsfanomg
12-31-2009, 08:39 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yz6swhk

JOSKOMANG4
12-31-2009, 09:02 PM
- CLIPPERS ACQUIRE SG TRACY MCGRADY, PF Luis Scola & 2010 1st RD PICK!!

- ROCKETS ACQUIRE C C.Kaman, PF M.Camby, SG Eric Gordon, and SF/SG R.Davis

Outlook:

Clippers:

C: DeAndre Jordan/Luis Scola/Brian Skinner
PF: Blake Griffin/Craig Smith
SF: Al Thornton/Steve Novak
SG: Tracy Mcgrady/Rasual Butler/K.Rush
PG: Baron Davis/Sebastian Telfair /Mardy Collins

Rockets:

C: C.Kaman/David Andersen/Joey Dorsey
PF: M.Camby/Chuck Hayes/Brian Cook
SF: Shane Battier/Chase Budinger/Ricky Davis
SG: Trevor Ariza/Eric Gordon/B.Barry
PG: Aaron Brooks/Kyle Lowry /Jermaine Taylor

JOSKOMANG4
12-31-2009, 09:05 PM
Rockets favored:

- When Yao Returns in 2010-2011, you can move Kaman to PF; Camby's contract expires after 2009-2010 season.

- With acquiring Eric Gordon, you acquire a combo guard that would be a great asset off the bench. Could be the starting the SG after the 2009-2010 season; Battier can be used as trade bait.

For the Clippers:

They acquire 2 expiring contracts!!!

spreadeagle
01-01-2010, 04:55 PM
http://dimemag.com/2010/01/nba-trade-rumor-tracy-mcgrady-for-andre-iguodala-and-youth/#more-28173
Wow!!! Sixers are nuts if they give away Iggy. Chicago mentioned as well. I spelled Rumor wrong im still half drunk from new years

abe_froman
01-01-2010, 04:56 PM
that rumor's already been debunked

Jays Claw
01-01-2010, 05:01 PM
The projected trade is not going to happen! The Sixers would be out of their minds if they pull the trigger on this trade. It's embarrassing that they're even thinking about it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Andre Iguodala want to play for the Sixers? In my opinion, Tracy McGrady is a one year rental for any team that acquires him. I have no clue where he truly wants to play but in all honesty, I can't see him sticking with the Sixers.

theLgndKllr35
01-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Well this would happen for two reasons. One would be to give the Sixers some cap room, and two would be to really make a push for John Wall. :pray:

runforrestrunx9
01-01-2010, 05:09 PM
this isnt guna happen, i hope!!!

the FO realizes we rnt guna have any cap space anyway, so i hope they realize their is no reason 2 trade our best player

spreadeagle
01-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Well this would happen for two reasons. One would be to give the Sixers some cap room, and two would be to really make a push for John Wall. :pray:

They are dying to get rid of dalembert's contract as well.... probably throw him in the deal

ManRam
01-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Bill Simmons would love this. He's convinced Iggy can't be a franchise guy.

I personally think Philly needs to blow things up. This would give them a ton of cap space. They wont ever win with the core they have...

Houston has to do this if they get it...but then again, wing players are something they have a ton of.

smith&wesson
01-01-2010, 05:17 PM
hmmm lets see iggy is yonge, athletic, consistant and isnt injury prone.

tmac hasnt played a full season in 4 years and is constantly injured, he is getting old and being an expiring contract is the best thing going for him.

unless philie is blowing up the team for cap releif and rebuilding i dont see why they would do this.

SA5195
01-01-2010, 05:36 PM
If Philly trades Iggy for T-Mac then :facepalm:

JDizzle
01-01-2010, 05:42 PM
i agree trade him... blow this team up its not going anywere with who they have

shep33
01-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Well Philly is a huge disappointment this year, don't understand why the Rockets would want another guard/SF though. They need a big, so maybe if they throw Dalembert in the mix (Philly won't give up Speights and Brand's contract is a killer) but still don't see it. I think Chicago or New York is more realistic, Phoenix would be even better especially with their training staff who basically heal anyone. Personally I don't think T-Mac goes anywhere. He's too hard to get rid of not b/c teams dont want him, but his 22 million is hard to match. Really you'd have to trade like 2-3 decent players for him (with contracts at about 7-8 million) or another star... which won't happen. The 22 mill off the books is great... but you just have to give up too much or else players with terrible contracts which Houston wouldn't want anyways. Plus T-mac and Houston can't agree on a buyout so that ain't happening.

shep33
01-01-2010, 05:49 PM
I agree with blowing up Philly though... that team ain't going anywhere. Tough to get rid of Brand and Dalembert though.

spreadeagle
01-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Offtopic but man if they are just giving away Iggy to be players this summer,As a raps fan I would love to see them trade bosh and fillers for him and Dalembert.Phily gets an elite player with a chance to resign him in the summer and if not him then someone else.And raps would get someone other then derozen with great athleticism and and a true center so They can move Bargnani to the 4. Thoughts

theBraveRocket
01-01-2010, 06:22 PM
The projected trade is not going to happen! The Sixers would be out of their minds if they pull the trigger on this trade. It's embarrassing that they're even thinking about it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Andre Iguodala want to play for the Sixers? In my opinion, Tracy McGrady is a one year rental for any team that acquires him. I have no clue where he truly wants to play but in all honesty, I can't see him sticking with the Sixers.

exactly. The only reason that any teams want anything to do with T-Mac is that $23 million expiring contract.

Chacarron
01-01-2010, 06:24 PM
This rumor is interesting, but probably won't happen. If a trade for T-mac is going to happen, it either has to be a really good package deal for him or something agrreable near the trade deadline.

Chronz
01-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Im sure both sides could find a mutually benefitial trade

Kidd>>>K-Mart
01-01-2010, 06:31 PM
This would be a good trade for the Sixers considering they get a top 5 pick. They get McGrady off the books and draft a SG like Wesley Johnson that can be just as good as Iggy. Then they have plenty of cap space to go out and get a solid PF. They would be a complete starting lineup.

Dee_Edge
01-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Who do you add, Elton Brand or Samuel Dalembert?

Dee_Edge
01-01-2010, 06:39 PM
...I'd take Sammy's contract first, personally.

jeter4president
01-01-2010, 06:42 PM
i like iggy but if they could give up iggy and dalembert for mcgrady id do it in a heartbeat.

Verbal Christ
01-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Houston throws in a first and any combo of scola,dorsey,taylor,cook for iggy,sammy and one of the younsters.

BkOriginalOne
01-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Their contracts don't even match.

Sports Illustrator
01-01-2010, 06:49 PM
There have been rumors stating the Rockets wouldn't want to take contracts beyond 2010 but in this case Iguodala would likely be worth it to them. As far as value, I think it is great value the Rockets would be getting in return because Iguodala is young and has potential to be an All-Star player.

IversonIsKrazy
01-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Im positive Philly can get a lot btr trade for Iggy. As for T-Mac, i still hopes he goes to Chicago. Salmons + Miller for T-Mac.

Verbal Christ
01-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Im positive Philly can get a lot btr trade for Iggy. As for T-Mac, i still hopes he goes to Chicago. Salmons + Miller for T-Mac.

find a way to add tyrus to the mix and im all over it like shaq on wives.

Dee_Edge
01-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Feb 2009 - Drew Gooden, Andres Nocioni, Cedric Simmons and Michael Ruffin went to Sacramento

Chicago got 2 people the Rockets don't won't!

Trouble87
01-01-2010, 06:57 PM
thats ridiculous... Philly would never do it

SensandRaps
01-01-2010, 06:57 PM
maybe philly is making the trade as a hit/miss about making a run in this years playoffs and not to mention that 23 million in cap space can help there chances landing a better franchise player

Derick713
01-01-2010, 07:03 PM
If I was the Cavs I'd trade a few expiring contracts and JJ Hickson for Brand and Iguodala.

Derick713
01-01-2010, 07:04 PM
The Cavs should bit on this.

BluejaysFan08
01-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Thats great for Houston! but will never happen, who thought this one up?

tr3ymill3r
01-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong because I was plastered when the game was on last night, but did I see that the Sixers record was something aweful like 9-18 or something, yet then I think I remember Reggie saying they are just 4 out of the final spot in the East? Like I said I was some kind of drunk, with that being said, they already got a seat filler in AI with that young talent that they have and a few additions here and there the Sixers will be able to contend for the 7th or 8th spot each year. Nobody wants TMac the player so let's all stop with that, everyone wants TMacs contract.

Dee_Edge
01-01-2010, 07:07 PM
If I was the Cavs I'd trade a few expiring contracts and JJ Hickson for Brand and Iguodala.

Mo
Iguodala
James
Brand
Shaq

...that's a tough lineup!

MJ-BULLS
01-01-2010, 07:10 PM
philly can get better in returns instead of t mac, plus iggy is better right now than t mac and younger, if the rockets trade t mac i think the best destination could be Miami or Chicago, a package of miller salmons and james could probably get it done.

Derick713
01-01-2010, 07:10 PM
The 76ERS should trade Iggy if the other team agrees to take back Brand as well. The Sixers will only rid themselves of Brand if they include Young or Iguodala in the deal

The 76ers need to build there team around Young.

jimbobjarree
01-01-2010, 07:11 PM
wont happen, but washington using butler as bait is a very real possibility

theLgndKllr35
01-01-2010, 07:32 PM
The 76ERS should trade Iggy if the other team agrees to take back Brand as well. The Sixers will only rid themselves of Brand if they include Young or Iguodala in the deal

The 76ers need to build there team around Young.

Yeah, they will most likely use Iguodala to get a team to take on either Brand or Dalembert. More than likely Brand.

The team should build around their core of Young, Speights, and Holliday.

albertc86
01-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Iggy is overrated? Dude is consistent but he's no franchise player. He's not even someone to build around. I don't think teams in the league look at the Sixers on their schedule and think Iggy.

Kakaroach
01-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Yeahh even though Iggy won't ever be a #1 option or a elite player, they can get more for him.

igPay atinLay
01-01-2010, 08:39 PM
If you make the trade you have money for one of the free agents next summer...it would probably include Dalembart in the deal, I think Brand will be traded by the deadline (probably have an expiring contract or 2 in that deal as well)

Fresno
01-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Note:Thread title is not accurate to the link I posted, this is based solely on the discussion mentioned on the radio.

As Wiz move to demolish roster, front office is seriously exploring a deal for T-Mac's expiring deal, sources say. Butler likely bait.
http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

That is currently the talk being mentioned about the Wizards in terms of one of their beat writers who usually has inside knowledge of whats going on. The Wizards are apparently willing to package Butler & Jamison for T-Mac's contract and Carl Landry. The thought of this makes me sick that the front office is willing to blow this team up for cap space and hop into the 2010 Free Agent market or go after the unrealistic pipe dream Wizards fans(too many of them btw) think that we can get Kevin Durant in 2011. I disagree with the idea of tanking for John Wall when we already have an All Star PG.

Carl Landry is not good, hes a backup PF whos basically just a hustle guy. Hes not starting material and I could care less about his average right now on a Houston team without Yao.

There is nobody who wants to sign with Washington, this Franchise has consistently been an irrelevant franchise for close to 30 years now. Dumping some of the team cancers such as Deshawn Stevenson, Brendan Haywood, and Andray Blatche will go a long way to helping us improve. Also signing a low post presence like Shaq in 2010 would round out an already good starting 5.

Abe wouldn't blow this team up. Ernie doesnt have to worry about a thing now which makes me even more worried this could happen.

bal_ravens
01-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Yeah I dont believe in blowing up the team. Build it with Arenas, Jamison, Haywood and keep some role players like Boykins, McGee and Blatche.

I have heard the Kevin Durant talk though, as well as Carmelo Anthony due to local ties.

And I dont think they would have Butler AND Jamison in the same trade without getting back a superstar.

Maybe Butler, Mike Miller and if need be, Nick Young or Stevenson.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-01-2010, 08:55 PM
The Rockets would be stacked!

They will probably include someone like Hayes or another younf but cheap player but that would be great for the Rockets.

Imagine when Yao comes back.

C-Yao
PF-Jamison
SF-Ariza
SG-Butler
PG-Brooks

And Battier as 6th man.

ManRam
01-01-2010, 08:56 PM
The Wizards have held onto that trio for too long. If it didn't work this year (it isn't), it will never work. They should do this trade...or something similar.

Verbal Christ
01-01-2010, 09:00 PM
"landry is not good" is officially the dumbest line in a post in 2010 so far!!! LOL i really wish it was scola that was part of the deal instead of landry, but what do i know, i only watch the team every time they play :shrug: but if this is anywhere near true, im sure the paperwork is on its way to the league office for review.

RocketsRule
01-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Carl Landry is not good, hes a backup PF whos basically just a hustle guy. Hes not starting material and I could care less about his average right now on a Houston team without Yao.

You obviously have never watched the kid plays. Every night he has the potential to bring in 20 points and 10 rebounds while playing solid defense and always plays with heart. He's averaging career highs of 16 and 6, all in about 26 minutes a game. No way you can make the conclusion that he isn't "starting material" figuring he's putting up starting numbers as a backup.

As for the trade, I love the deal. I'd hate to see Landry go, but we get two All-Star talents for an aging star. Get this deal done ASAP if your the Rockets.

Mavrix
01-01-2010, 09:16 PM
The Rockets don't need Butler...they already have 2 good SF's in Battier and Ariza

Mavrix
01-01-2010, 09:16 PM
The Rockets would be stacked!

They will probably include someone like Hayes or another younf but cheap player but that would be great for the Rockets.

Imagine when Yao comes back.

C-Yao
PF-Jamison
SF-Ariza
SG-Butler
PG-Brooks

And Battier as 6th man.Scola?

Ni55anpat
01-01-2010, 09:17 PM
wow

RocketsRule
01-01-2010, 09:21 PM
The Rockets don't need Butler...they already have 2 good SF's in Battier and Ariza

Butler is better than both... and this is GREAT value for a guy who hasn't played at high level in about 1 1/2 years.

Rockets&Browns
01-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Butler would be our SG cause we really don't have one!

Fresno
01-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Yeah I dont believe in blowing up the team. Build it with Arenas, Jamison, Haywood and keep some role players like Boykins, McGee and Blatche.

I have heard the Kevin Durant talk though, as well as Carmelo Anthony due to local ties.

And I dont think they would have Butler AND Jamison in the same trade without getting back a superstar.

Maybe Butler, Mike Miller and if need be, Nick Young or Stevenson.

If Butler goes, Jamison will go with him. Ernie did not want to sign Jamison to the contract he currently has, but was basically forced to in order to keep Gilbert.

Wizards would dump a ridiculous amount of salary by doing so and be able to start off fresh considering most of the team are expirers that wont be back next season.

Mavrix
01-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Butler would be our SG cause we really don't have one!

I can't see Butler playing the two...where would the minutes go at the 3 with Battier, Ariza, and Butler all being true 3's?

You guys need a good SG and PF...Jamison would be good for you guys but I can't see Butler being a good fit.

Chacarron
01-01-2010, 09:35 PM
This would be great for the Rockets and would make the Western Conference tougher than it already is; that is if this trade scenario takes place.

Fresno
01-01-2010, 09:36 PM

You obviously have never watched the kid plays. Every night he has the potential to bring in 20 points and 10 rebounds while playing solid defense and always plays with heart. He's averaging career highs of 16 and 6, all in about 26 minutes a game. No way you can make the conclusion that he isn't "starting material" figuring he's putting up starting numbers as a backup.

As for the trade, I love the deal. I'd hate to see Landry go, but we get two All-Star talents for an aging star. Get this deal done ASAP if your the Rockets.

I've seen Landry play a few times I have never come away impressed by him as a player nor do I see him being a 20/10 guy in Washington or anywhere for that matter. I think hes a decent player but hes only having such a season so far due to Yao being injured, next season he'll return to his role of a hustle guy.

nicssin
01-01-2010, 09:39 PM
There is a possibility the trade could happen between both teams but not like the rumor states now. For it to happen, both sides will have to compromise. I can see Iggy-Dalembert-Young for Mcgrady and possibly a 2nd Rd pick trade happen and this is why:

A very small amount of teams are willing to add salary (Rockets among them) and the teams that are willing to add salary do not want Brand and Dalembert: there is no real market for them this year. I don't see any team taking them. Philly wants to dump payroll, but are having difficulty doing so. This is a great chance for them cut payroll with a team that has proven they are not going anywhere with the pieces they have. Get better payroll flexibility, draft well in this next draft, and start fresh.

The problem with Iggy is he's not a go to guy. Sure he's scoring 19 points a game, but he's doing it on a bad team and it doesn't seem like he fits with the rest of the players Philly has. Iggy fits better on the Rockets and would be a nice edition to the team. Houston would except being over the luxury tax. They would also be getting one of the young players they wouldn't mind having, and could accept Dalemberts contract which would expire after next season: Houston would get a very servicable big man they desperately need to will Yao's void.

With McGrady, Philly would be getting the expiring contract of the leagues highest paid player which is a very valuable asset. Even if McGrady is 70 percent, he will be a better player than Iggy. McGrady has shown flashes of his old self in very few opportunities he's had this season, and I think he will regain a lot of his old form. It might take a month or two but he will, and I think Philly has the time to have the patience that the Rockets cannot afford to have right now. Also, taking a chance on McGrady this year could possibly lure him back next year on a lot smaller of a contract.

If the Rockets were able to make this trade, I wouldn't be surprised if they made another trade after this. They would have an excess of wings: too many for the rotation.

This trade makes too much sense for both sides to be completely ignored. If I was Philly, I would take it in a heartbeat. If I was Houston, it would be very enticing.

Fresno
01-01-2010, 09:39 PM
I can't see Butler playing the two...where would the minutes go at the 3 with Battier, Ariza, and Butler all being true 3's?

You guys need a good SG and PF...Jamison would be good for you guys but I can't see Butler being a good fit.

Butler isn't a SG. Hes pretty much a natural SF, we tinkered with having him at SG last season but that just didn't work at all.

They'd probably keep Ariza at SG if they got Butler and movie Battier to the bench. Even when Yao returns, Houston would still not be a better team. They still dont have a legit #1 option, and Yao definetly wont be the same player he was when he returns from foot surgery.

Verbal Christ
01-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Butler isn't a SG. Hes pretty much a natural SF, we tinkered with having him at SG last season but that just didn't work at all.

They'd probably keep Ariza at SG if they got Butler and movie Battier to the bench. Even when Yao returns, Houston would still not be a better team. They still dont have a legit #1 option, and Yao definetly wont be the same player he was when he returns from foot surgery.

thats just it, darryl morey has constructed this team so it doesnt have to rely on a traditional #1 option, instead we need a scorer at the end of close games, who can create his own shot. this team has multi-taskers galore, and whether or not butler will play the 2 or 3 is irrelevant. with jamison its basically a lateral swap for either scola or landry, whoever gets used to get the deal done, if you were to get scola his 3.5 million comes off the books at the end of the year too, that would put you guys roughly around 27 million off the books.

Verbal Christ
01-01-2010, 09:50 PM
^ with news that caron butler and antwan jamison are now in the mix, philly might have to give up more than they are willing to.

uptownfan
01-01-2010, 09:58 PM
I've seen Landry play a few times I have never come away impressed by him as a player nor do I see him being a 20/10 guy in Washington or anywhere for that matter. I think hes a decent player but hes only having such a season so far due to Yao being injured, next season he'll return to his role of a hustle guy.

First you say he is not good, now you say he's decent?

Keep in mind Landry is only playing 26 minutes a game and is averaging 17 ppg. If you convert those numbers to 36 minutes per game he's averaging 22.4 ppg and 8 boards. Sounds close enough to 20/10 to me.

I'm not telling you to be thrilled with the trade if it happens, but the Wizards are going nowhere with the team they have now. Jamison is getting old, Butler has been somewhat disappointing, and that money that comes off the books with T-Mac's contract is important for the future.

chrism8188
01-01-2010, 10:03 PM

Yes true, Landry is a beast and you have to add tha fact hes not tha number 1 option, sooooooo that means he DONT take most of tha shots but when hes hittin and on his game he racks up 20+, as for tha trade t-mac is old and i would only hate to see landry leave but its watever, as long as houston gets a SOLID post for mac.

because they have enough shooters :facepalm:

tr4shb0t
01-01-2010, 10:04 PM
That would be good for the rockets. I think they might have the best chance of any west team to take out the Lakers due to Brooks matchup problem. That would be good WCF.

chrism8188
01-01-2010, 10:08 PM
not Dalembert, sixers tried givin him to rockets in the preseason or a lil b4 that when we didnt have a center, then we got david anderson, but i would love for this trade to happen. it would be interesting

Mavrix
01-01-2010, 10:11 PM

That's what I just said.

TheShock45
01-01-2010, 10:13 PM
im sorry mods i know you hate when i insult people but it MUST be done in this thread

almost everyone here is a ****ing moron, its not tmac for iguodala staright up, that trade doesnt even work you idiots.

Its called I scratch your back if you scratch ours.

The Rockets do the sixers a favor by taking Elton brand or Samm Dalembert and willie green

and The Sixers do the rockets a favor by giving them iguodala

Now the sixers need to make this happen ASAP, iguodala stinks hes not a franchise player and he's not a voice in the locker room, he's just wasted cap space. I dont even want to be a player in nexts year offseason i just want these overpaid wastes of skin off my sixers, we need to get john wall or cousins or another young stud and pair one of them with the FUTURE of the NBA Thad Young & Maureese Speights (o yea we have jrue holliday too, we are gonna be scarrrrrrryyyyyy in 2010-2011)

p.s. in case your a wizards fan or suns fan or knick fan, your teams will be doing these same trades also, 1 or 2 bad contracts along with 1 young talented future star for TMac, take a note from the jazz they had to GIVE away Eric maynor just to get some cap space

phila_gorilla
01-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Who do you add, Elton Brand or Samuel Dalembert?

If you really want to blow the team up you add Brand because he has a bunch more years left on his contract. If you are blowing up the team I think you have to pull the trigger on any deal where you can shed brand's contract. Sammy you could trade in a separate deal or let him walk whenever he's a FA, in a year or 2. So we shed T-Mac, Iggy, Brand and Dalembert's contracts while accumulating very good draft picks for the next 2-3 years. That'd give us an incredibly young team plus tons of money to spend on legit free agents.

So you now have those draft picks with the new cap room we'd have along with our nucleus of Williams, Holliday, Speights and Thad. That's scary potential.