PDA

View Full Version : If T-Mac is bought out

kblo247
12-28-2009, 04:43 AM
I think he has a couple option of where he could go:

Cleveland
Possibly be able to start over Parker, while playing next to Lebron, Shaq, Mo and Big Z

Orlando
Play with his cousin Vince, in a city he knows

Miami
Possibly start next to Wade in the back court.

LA Lakers
Come off the bench and split time with Fisher at PG as a Ron Harper type

Spurs
Manu insurance

Nuggets
Be a smarter version of JR Smith

Utah
Be a 1 year lease and possibly replace the vet savy and leadership that they have lacked since Fish left

Boston
Take the minutes of Daniels and Tony Allen

Phoenix
Hope their staff revives him like they did Hill and Shaq

New York
Try to revive his game on Broadway while earning a playoff berth

Which one do you think is his most likely destination?

B.JenningsMVP
12-28-2009, 04:51 AM
LA Lakers

OMG.. if he accepts that roll
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

A bench with T-Mac and Odom... wowwww

Raph12
12-28-2009, 04:59 AM
He would probably fit best with the Spurs, Cavaliers or Jazz as their starting 2 or play with Orlando as they're starting SF.

Personally I don't think he has what it takes to be a star-type, but he'd be solid as a role player who could step up in certain games.

kblo247
12-28-2009, 05:08 AM
He would probably fit best with the Spurs, Cavaliers or Jazz as their starting 2 or play with Orlando as they're starting SF.

Personally I don't think he has what it takes to be a star-type, but he'd be solid as a role player who could step up in certain games.

I agree with you as I think he can be what Hill is now or what Penny was after his surgery in Phoenix and first year in NYC

OMG.. if he accepts that roll
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

A bench with T-Mac and Odom... wowwww

That is where the minutes are in all honesty since we know Luke/Shannon will play behind Kobe/Ron and that Phil has never been happy with Sasha or Jordan running the team because of their decision making that has stopped Fish from playing 20 minutes a night the past 3 years frequently

Raph12
12-28-2009, 05:15 AM
I agree with you as I think he can be what Hill is now or what Penny was after his surgery in Phoenix and first year in NYC

Right on the money with that.

fredv
12-28-2009, 05:21 AM
He won't get bought out lol you guys are smoking.

kblo247
12-28-2009, 05:22 AM
You really think he would start over Pietrius? I thought he would be the backup 6th man at the 2/3 for you.

In LA I couldn't see Phil staring him over Fish or closing over him because of his trust in him but I can see him getting equal if not more minutes on some nights

fredv
12-28-2009, 05:25 AM
How old are you guys like 12? this is the freakin NBA not your association mode on NBA2k10. the dude has a monster expiring contract and he is on a team with some could argue the best GM in the league. There is no way we just buy him out hahah. Oh and if you think he'll accept a role as a 6th man, role player, you guys are smoking once again. Tmac can't play the "role player" style, thats why he doesn't fit on the Rockets right now. He wants, needs and thinks he is the star of a team. He will only cause problems to your chemistry if you already have stars. And for the LA people, he & Artest hate each other so I doubt that would work out anyways.

faridk89
12-28-2009, 05:53 AM
he would be great in toronto, he would def get the start at 2 over Derozan, giving derozan more time to develope

kblo247
12-28-2009, 05:54 AM
There is a way you might just buy him out, Tracy ****s a trade up like he did last year. The insurance isn't paying for him anymore and a buyout would save Houston money and allow them to be a player in the 2010 free agent market.

As for saying he isn't accepting his role now, he and Adam ****ing Morrison play the same amount of time so I'm not shocked he isn't cool with that.

One thing we know about Tracy is he wants to win and contribute so it isn't impossible that he would try to prove his worth on a contender.

Where did the Artest and him hate one another come from? Ron calling him out after T-Mac said that the Lakers would beat the Rockets in the playoffs.

Didn't people say that Kobe and Ron wouldn't get along after their run ins, and didn't Tracy said he wants to play with Kobe in a SA.Smith interview?

Fact is nothing is certain, and a buyout could happen thus "If" in the title

kblo247
12-28-2009, 05:55 AM
he would be great in toronto, he would def get the start at 2 over Derozan, giving derozan more time to develope

I hadn't even thought about that since it has been so long since he played there

eugene
12-28-2009, 06:34 AM
Miami:

1. Arroyo
2. Wade
3. McGrady
4. Beasley
5. O'Neal

Why not? Seems like nice starting lineup. The only question is how many DNP due to injury will they produce together with O'Neal :)

BkOriginalOne
12-28-2009, 06:57 AM
I would think he might go to Orlando or Miami.
Imagine him coming off the bench for the Celtics.
I cannot imagine Melo and Tmac they are too similar. (TMac is more athletic, Melo is a better shooter)
It would be nice if he went to the Hornets to validate Chris Paul's life.
If he played well for Sloan, the Jazz could be a sleeper.

He also could stand to play for the suns, splitting minutes with buddy Grant Hill, both have played together, both have been injured, and Hill could show Tmac how to stay healthy and cook cactus.

The Bucks could also get him, and he might make it easier for Jennings. Do the AI, play for a year, sign elsewhere next year.

Derick713
12-28-2009, 07:20 AM
If it is up to McGrady then I think he would want to go back to the Magic. The problem is that the Magic has too many players that can score at the moment. The Magic doesn’t have the minutes that McGrady would want.

You'd have to think that every contender would go after him. You'd also have to think that the Rockets would rather keep him than let him sign with the Lakers or Spurs. The Blazers need him with there lack of depth while the Nuggets could get over the hump with him.

Tracy McGrady could be the missing piece in Cleveland. He'd be the 4th option with the Lakers and he would probably have to except a limited role while playing less minutes.

The list is pretty long when it comes to teams that T-Mac could put over the hump. The Nuggets, Celtics, Cavaliers, and Blazers are a few. He would be a welcome addition to the Raptors.

In the end it comes do to winning and how much of a role T-Mac will get with his future team. You'd think McGrady would want to go back to the Magic since he is familiar with that situation.

I think he could get the shots and minutes with the Cavs. He could be a vital piece to the Cavs as opposed to a complementary piece to the Lakers and Celtics. I just wonder if Cleveland is a little too cold for his taste.

Derick713
12-28-2009, 07:26 AM
If McGrady wants out of 1st Round then he has to sign with either the Lakers, Celtics, or Cavs.

Derick713
12-28-2009, 07:33 AM
Dallas is also an interesting team. They need an upgrade at SG in their Starting line-up. McGrady could add a lot to the Mavericks and be the side-kick to Dirk Nowitzki

WILD-CARD TEAMS

1.)MAVERICKS
2.)NUGGETS

Jason Kidd/Joe Juan Barrea/
Tracy McGrady/Jason Terry
Shawn Marion/Josh Howard
Dirk Nowitzki/Drew Gooden
Erick Dampier/Tim Thomas

Dallas seems like the best fit. McGrady gets to stay in Texas. He will be surrounded by great talent. He can be the second best player on the team and immediately start. He can be the Mavericks closer which they have lacked.

THE MTL
12-28-2009, 07:51 AM
How old are you guys like 12? this is the freakin NBA not your association mode on NBA2k10. the dude has a monster expiring contract and he is on a team with some could argue the best GM in the league. There is no way we just buy him out hahah. Oh and if you think he'll accept a role as a 6th man, role player, you guys are smoking once again. Tmac can't play the "role player" style, thats why he doesn't fit on the Rockets right now. He wants, needs and thinks he is the star of a team. He will only cause problems to your chemistry if you already have stars. And for the LA people, he & Artest hate each other so I doubt that would work out anyways.

Umm...how old are u? Cause you still looking like T-Mac is a star or something. Also, you arent thinking from the business aspect of it.

The Rockets are 3.5 million dollars over the tax. Buy out McGrady's contract for 3.5 million dollars less than what it is and you arent only saving the 3.5 million on his contract, but also 3.5 million in luxury taxes. This saves the Rockets a whopping 7 million dollars!!!!

Its better than letting him rot on the bench since its looking like his contract is very HARD to trade. Yes, its an expiring but matching a salary that high is hard.

JordansBulls
12-28-2009, 09:19 AM
He should go to the Bulls.

JordansBulls
12-28-2009, 09:37 AM
Anyway, I dont see how Tmac would be bought out. Rockets collect money on each game he misses. They would either trade him or just let him rot on the bench.

arkanian215
12-28-2009, 09:40 AM
I think he has a couple option of where he could go:

Cleveland
Possibly be able to start over Parker, while playing next to Lebron, Shaq, Mo and Big Z

Orlando
Play with his cousin Vince, in a city he knows

Miami
Possibly start next to Wade in the back court.

LA Lakers

Spurs
Manu insurance

Nuggets
Be a smarter version of JR Smith

Utah
Be a 1 year lease and possibly replace the vet savy and leadership that they have lacked since Fish left

Boston
Take the minutes of Daniels and Tony Allen

Phoenix
Hope their staff revives him like they did Hill and Shaq

New York
Try to revive his game on Broadway while earning a playoff berth

Which one do you think is his most likely destination?

depends if he can learn jackson's system.

fredv
12-28-2009, 09:41 AM
There is a way you might just buy him out, Tracy ****s a trade up like he did last year. The insurance isn't paying for him anymore and a buyout would save Houston money(this is completly wrong, you probably just invented it in your head) and allow them to be a player in the 2010 free agent market. (dang wrong again how it that possible)

As for saying he isn't accepting his role now, he and Adam ****ing Morrison play the same amount of time so I'm not shocked he isn't cool with that.

One thing we know about Tracy is he wants to win and contribute so it isn't impossible that he would try to prove his worth on a contender.

Where did the Artest and him hate one another come from? Ron calling him out after T-Mac said that the Lakers would beat the Rockets in the playoffs. (you only watch the Rockets during the playoffs against LA it seems)

Didn't people say that Kobe and Ron wouldn't get along after their run ins(Ron has always been Kobe's greatest fan, he always told Kobe he wanted to play with him, he finally gets the chance i'm sure he won't screw it up), and didn't Tracy said he wants to play with Kobe in a SA.Smith interview?(i never heard this, but Tmac has always said he was better than Kobe, so i doubt he would want to be a 4th option on Kobe's team)

Fact is nothing is certain, and a buyout could happen thus "If" in the title

Your post is full with fail and non-sense, just showing that you have no basketball knowledge and just invent facts.
First off, the Rockets won't be able to be "players" like your saying in the 2010 FA market because even if Tmac's contract expire's, we won't have enough money to offer a Max Contract. We would need to trade a player such as Battier, Scola or whoever to get more room.
Secondly, Rafer Alston & Artest both hate Tmac. One of them was traded last year, and Artest wasn't resigned this year. You are obviously not a Rockets fan so I can understand that you don't know everything that happens on this squad, but alot of points, including insider stories point to the fact that Artest did not like him.
Furthermore, there is only 1 ball in the game of basketball. This ball, Tmac needs it at all times to create for himself and for others. Most importantly,
Tmac will not be satisfied with a role off the bench. He wants to start and be the star of a team, or atleast the second option. How will you manage to do that with Pau Gasol, Kobe Bryant, Ron Artest and Andrew Bynum all taking shots? Thats basically impossible.
Finally, Tmac is a drama queen. You have no idea how much *****ing would go on in the Lakers locker room. There would simply be too much ego.
As a Rockets intern said:"You think Artest was hard to handle? You have not met Tmac yet".
I hope this helps you come down to earth.

fredv
12-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Umm...how old are u? Cause you still looking like T-Mac is a star or something. Also, you arent thinking from the business aspect of it.

The Rockets are 3.5 million dollars over the tax. Buy out McGrady's contract for 3.5 million dollars less than what it is and you arent only saving the 3.5 million on his contract, but also 3.5 million in luxury taxes. This saves the Rockets a whopping 7 million dollars!!!!

Its better than letting him rot on the bench since its looking like his contract is very HARD to trade. Yes, its an expiring but matching a salary that high is hard.

I don't, but Tmac does. This is the AI situation all over again. Player thinks he is still a star, doesn't realize he is washed up.

Verbal Christ
12-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Mac gets bought out to save a 'whopping' 7 mil??? How funny is that! The rockets are not in any financial hardship the owner just shelled out millions on 2 second round picks and has gone on record as saying he doesn't care about paying luxury taxes if it means acquiring great talent PLUS the insurance most certainly paying 80% of his salary for every game missed due to the fact that he has missed 40 consecutive regular season games dating to the time of the injury so why would the rockets rush a trade or dumber still buy him out??? They just sent him home for the weekend so he could attend his kids bday party and signed mike harris. Some of you guys need to exercise that noodle a little bit more.

JayW_1023
12-28-2009, 10:35 AM
T-Mac should play with Steve Nash in Phoenix...I'm sure getting all those freebies will rejuvenate T-Macs game...and most importantly his confidence.

LE-SHAQ
12-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Orlando is not an option he didnt leave well and I doubt he wants to play behind VC. Miami is a great option with wade and well.....Miami.
But I think Cleveland is his best chance for a ring and real minutes. He would start at SG and secure a future with Lebron and Mo as Clevelands big three and increase his value by playing in the spotlight with LBJ. I dont think Houston will buy him out though, the knicks could trade for him? Then again so could the cavs we have wally s/t, big z expiring, and Shaq expiring. I know we wont trade Shaq but the other two are ossible and we have some young talent

fredv
12-28-2009, 11:26 AM
If McGrady wants out of 1st Round then he has to sign with either the Lakers, Celtics, or Cavs.

You are right, only these 3 teams will get out of the first round.

RaptorizedKevin
12-28-2009, 11:48 AM
mcgrady always said after the trade to houston, that he never wanted to leave orlando. But playing alongside his cousin.. i dotn think he wants that. He wnats fame for himself.

but if theres any place out of preferance its orlando.

THE MTL
12-28-2009, 12:09 PM
If T-Mac is bought out then the Cavs will sign him. The Cavs will try to sign every available player cause they know that its NBA Finals or Lebron to NYC in 2010.

JordansBulls
12-28-2009, 12:33 PM
T-Mac should play with Steve Nash in Phoenix...I'm sure getting all those freebies will rejuvenate T-Macs game...and most importantly his confidence.

That wouldn't be too bad. The funny thing is that two guys in Grant Hill and T-mac who were once perhaps top 3-4 in the league a few seasons are on the same team and neither have ever been out of round 1 in their career.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Come to Toronto.

But I can see him on the Cavs or Phoenix the most.

C-Shaq, Ilgauskas
PF-Hickson, Varejao, Powe
SF-James, Moon
SG-T-Mac, Parker
PG-Williams, Gibson/West

They can use either West or Gibson to get a solid shooting PF.

C-Frye, Lopez
PF-Amare, Dudley
SF-Richardson, Amundson, Clark
SG-T-Mac, Hill
PG-Nash, Barbosa

kntresistheheat
12-28-2009, 01:04 PM
What ever he decides, He needs to make sure he makes a quick stop with the grizzlies... So they can give him a few minutes and then buy him out:D

IrespectNumber3
12-28-2009, 01:12 PM
If you think Mcgrady is going somewhere where he isn't getting minutes, you guys are foolish. So if your team is going to put him on the bench, just like Iverson he is not going to perform.

TEXASTITAN
12-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Dumb thread because they ain't buying him out and losing him for nothing. He's gonna be traded plain and simple.

DRE'-MAC
12-28-2009, 01:41 PM
In a recent article he said next year he'd like to sign back with Orlando and play with his cousin.

TEXASTITAN
12-28-2009, 02:03 PM
And another thing if he goes to a team in the west it WON'T be the dallas mavericks or the san antonio spurs and ill put cash money on that.

tr3ymill3r
12-28-2009, 02:06 PM
I officially claim this thread as stupid, pointless, and irrelevant. The Rockets are a playoff team without him, so what's the rush? To those of you who think this is an Iverson or Marbury type situation, you're dead wrong. Neither one of those guys were getting paid like TMac is getting paid, not to mention when they were coming off the books there wasn't as rich of a FA class available the following summer. TMac is an investment and asset to the Rockets, not a player. This a business and whether you like it or not, so why would the Rockets throw away a great opportunity to at least throw there hat in the ring with all the FAs available. I'm not saying LeBron or DWade are coming to Houston, but at least we'll have a real shot rather than the Knicks fans who think that just cause they have the "mecca" it'll all be ok.

TEXASTITAN
12-28-2009, 02:18 PM

They are NOT in financial hardship so 3.5 over isn't anything. He's not hard to trade but the longer we wait to trade him the more valueable the contract becomes because teams need to dump payroll more than we need to trade him. And since the remainder of his 22.8 million is 80% covered by the injury insurance we ain't losing anything by keeping him and letting him clear our books. Everyone acts like they know what they know and they don't the team that gets him due to the insurance is going to pay him peanuts the remainder of the year,he clears their books,and he plays hard for your team because he won't be lazy in a contract year. But the team getting him is going to overpay for him because of the cap relief. Houston comes out better on this deal than whatever team trades for him.

J_M_B
12-28-2009, 02:33 PM
I wouldn't mind McGrady signing with Miami, if he gets bought out...

Carlos Arroyo/Mario Chalmers
Dwyane Wade/Dorell Wright
Tracy McGrady/Quentin Richardson
Michael Beasley/Udonis Haslem
Jermaine O'Neal/Joel Anthony

That lineup definitely locks up the 5th seed in the east..

HouRealCoach
12-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Shaq/ Big Z/ Jackson
Hickson/ Varejao/ Powe
Lebron/ Moon/ Green
Parker/ T-Mac/ Karl
Williams/ West/ Gibson

Give him about 25 Minutes a night off the bench

J_M_B
12-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Shaq/ Big Z/ Jackson
Hickson/ Varejao/ Powe
Lebron/ Moon/ Green
Parker/ T-Mac/ Karl
Williams/ West/ Gibson

Give him about 25 Minutes a night off the bench

I'll probably give him the nod over Anthony Parker..

Kakaroach
12-28-2009, 02:41 PM
The thing is they won't buy him out unless nobody will trade for him, which might happen but its unlikely.

fredv
12-28-2009, 04:07 PM
^Even is no one trades for him, they will either just let him expire or do a S&T this summer.

Raph12
12-28-2009, 04:17 PM
You really think he would start over Pietrius? I thought he would be the backup 6th man at the 2/3 for you.

In LA I couldn't see Phil staring him over Fish or closing over him because of his trust in him but I can see him getting equal if not more minutes on some nights

I think that he should start off the bench and then earn his way into the starting lineup. Pietrus may be a better fit to start and then have Tmac lead the reserves off the bench, but idk if he'd be okay with that.

Boozer says he wants to play with Dwight in Orlando and Tmac said he wants to play with cousin VC and help his former team win a title. If they could sign Boozer for the MLE and get Tmac at the vet's min, then I think they'd have the firepower they need to put them over the hump.

PG - Jameer Nelson
SG - Vince Carter
SF - Rashard Lewis
PF - Carlos Boozer
C - Dwight Howard
6th - Tracy McGrady

Instant favs to win it all.

RaptorsFanatic
12-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Yahoo! Sports
McGrady finished in Houston by Adrian Wojnarowski

Just before Christmas, one front office executive told his video coordinator to cobble together the footage of Tracy McGrady’s(notes) comeback. The executive had watched most of those unmemorable 47 minutes, but wanted to make sure that he hadn’t missed something. The evidence was incomplete, but the conclusion unmistakable: T-Mac is no longer an impact player, just an expiring contract.

“That said, how am I supposed to tell anything off the minutes they were giving him?” the executive said.

So Rockets coach Rick Adelman told basketball’s highest-paid player this season – $23 million – there were no plans to increase his role beyond the eight minutes per night, that they had witnessed nothing that warranted his insertion into the regular rotation. Once T-Mac opened his mouth and wanted his minutes elevated, he did his general manager and coach a favor: They had an excuse to tell him he was deactivated for the weekend games with New Jersey and Cleveland, that this awkward arrangement was unworkable.

This farce needs to end.

When McGrady, his agent Bob Myers and the Rockets management are done talking over the next 48 hours, two sources told Yahoo! Sports they believe the likely resolution will be McGrady leaving the Rockets and returning to Chicago to work with renowned trainer Tim Grover at Attack Athletics gymnasium.

For T-Mac and the Rockets, this is a deteriorating partnership that’s becoming increasingly combustible. His comeback has been a futile, pointless exercise this season. “I don’t understand their plan,” one NBA coach said Sunday. “Why bring him back at all to play eight minutes? They should send him away because it’s obvious Rick doesn’t want him around.”

There are no imminent trades, but rival teams say the Rockets are willing to take back long-term money for the right trade with McGrady. Sources say they’ve shown an interest in Sacramento Kings shooting guard Kevin Martin(notes), but the Kings want to see him play with rookie Tyreke Evans(notes) once Martin returns from a broken wrist in January. The Kings would likely want the Rockets to take Beno Udrith and Andres Nocioni(notes) with Kenny Thomas’(notes) expiring deal, but none of that is happening.

There are no legitimate discussions, just the dead-ends the Rockets are finding for McGrady. In the near future, there just isn’t a trade for McGrady. It won’t be closer to the trade deadline in mid-February, when teams start to give up on the playoffs and are more apt to give up a good player in a cost-cutting move for T-Mac’s expiring deal.

Without McGrady and Yao Ming(notes), the Rockets have been celebrated for staying in the Western Conference playoff chase. General manager Daryl Morey and Adelman are chasing executive and coach of the year awards, improbably winning 18 of 31 games to start the season. They’re winning with defense and rebounding, with balanced ball movement on offense. Yes, it’s delicate, and Adelman sees T-Mac as the bull in his china shop.

“I’ve got to be careful because our team is on kind of a bubble,” Adelman said. “If we start changing the rotation, we start changing the way we play, it changes the whole chemistry of the team.”

McGrady, 30, is a two-time scoring champ, a seven–time All-Star, and he’s assuredly on a dramatic decline. Like most great players, he’s the last to see it. He still believes he can work his way back into a good, useful player for the Rockets this season. It won’t happen. To think that they’ll come out of this meeting with Adelman agreeing to give McGrady minutes is pure foolery.

The possibility of a contract buyout isn’t expected to be addressed now with McGrady’s agent, because there’s just no motivation for Houston to give him one until the trade deadline passes in February. Unless, of course, T-Mac is willing to give back several million dollars to become a free agent now. Here’s the one issue with him working with Grover in Chicago until a trade happens: This is a difficult time of the year for the trainer to simulate true NBA competition. Over the summer, T-Mac could run with Dwyane Wade(notes), Jermaine O’Neal(notes), Gilbert Arenas(notes) – lots of top pros – but that isn’t the case in the dead of winter.

Nevertheless, there are no ideal circumstances in this saga, just everyone trying to make the best of a mess. Everyone just needs to stop fooling themselves, and split once and for all. All along, this was a farce. T-Mac couldn’t prove his worth with eight minutes a game and Adelman knew that. Spare everyone the make-believe, let T-Mac leave and check when a trade, or a buyout, frees him once and for all. Yes, this farce needs to end.

Atleast that "NBA Coach" knows what he's talking about.

ThuglifeJ
12-28-2009, 04:19 PM
only problems is he wants to be a star/leader wherever he goes which wont cut it. He has to accept being a role player.
but for *****

Jameer Nelson
Vince Carter
Tracy McGrady
Rashard Lewis
Dwight Howard

6man: Mickael Pietrus.
bench: Jason Williams, JJ Redick, Matt Barnes, Ryan Anderson, Marcin Gortat, Brandon Bass

lol NICE!

imagine if they were all in their primes.

ThuglifeJ
12-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Raph what the * are you talking about. Put them over the hump?

this isnt the all star game. You dont need 6 all stars to win.

They're already stacked as it is.

RaptorsFanatic
12-28-2009, 04:21 PM
One thing I don't understand is: Do the Rockets really think that Ariza is that much of a talent to be the 1st or 2nd option on the team?

Honestly, I can name many players that, if they got minutes, they could put up big numbers as much as Ariza can.

Raph12
12-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Raph what the * are you talking about. Put them over the hump?

this isnt the all star game. You dont need 6 all stars to win.

They're already stacked as it is.

Put them over the hump against teams like LA, Boston and Cleveland.

Right now they try to shoot their way to victory, having a legitimate post player in Boozer and an instant spark guy like Tmac off the bench would give them the tools they'd need to win it all.

sep11ie
12-28-2009, 04:26 PM
^ No they don't. He's forced to be on this team right now. He'll go back to being a strong role player when we get a true first option.

hgtiger32
12-28-2009, 04:57 PM
i would say celtics, if KG, Pierce, and Allen want him they can easily lobby to Celtics personel to go after him if he gets bought out. And i think they can definetly persuade him to come to the Celtics. Talk about a star lineup of veterans

PG:Rajon Rondo
SG:Ray Allen -veteran
SF:Paul Pierce-veteran
PF:Keivn Garnett-veteran
C: Kendrick Perkins

Bench:
Marquies Daniels -veteran kinda
Eddie House-veteran
Tony Allen
Glenn Davis
Rasheed Wallace-veteran
AND FINALLY Tracy McGrady -veteran

that be cool if hed go to celtics....

RaptorsFanatic
12-28-2009, 05:01 PM
It's pissing me off how people only limit their 2010 free agency markets to the Celtics, Lakers, Magic, Cavaliers, and a couple more. It's ****ing stupid, they are not the only teams in the league, and as stacked as they are, people make these ridiculous propositions to make them even better than they are.

The Celtics, Cavs, Lakers, and Magic are not the only contenders for the big free agency, there are 26 more teams with a chance as well.

Kinda off topic, but wanted to air that out.

VIP1349
12-28-2009, 05:02 PM
I officially claim this thread as stupid, pointless, and irrelevant. The Rockets are a playoff team without him, so what's the rush? To those of you who think this is an Iverson or Marbury type situation, you're dead wrong. Neither one of those guys were getting paid like TMac is getting paid, not to mention when they were coming off the books there wasn't as rich of a FA class available the following summer. TMac is an investment and asset to the Rockets, not a player. This a business and whether you like it or not, so why would the Rockets throw away a great opportunity to at least throw there hat in the ring with all the FAs available. I'm not saying LeBron or DWade are coming to Houston, but at least we'll have a real shot rather than the Knicks fans who think that just cause they have the "mecca" it'll all be ok.
Not saying you are wrong but fairly certain Marbury was making 20 million or some God awful amount with the Knicks.

Verbal Christ
12-28-2009, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=RaptorsFanatic;11816882]Yahoo! Sports
McGrady finished in Houston by Adrian Wojnarowski

no need for the whole damn article, but what gets me is why do people keep making a big deal about 8 minutes a game?? you dont think that morey and adelman have watched his every move during practice and shootarounds etc... during games the players give him plenty of touches (to keep him happy of course) and still nothing. he's lost a step, he's better suited to be a big point, or 6th man, but he's too proud to admit that and move on. he wants to be the man, fine let him go jack up 30 shots in golden state,NY,sacramento ANYONE who is willing to offer something of substance, you have to give something to get something, and in this case as many state is the financial flexibility by mac's expiring to sign a true elite level player. cool, why offer us scraps? why not be realistic and take into account the rockets needs, the saavy of the GM and the chemistry on the current team and beyond? making the money match on the 'trade machine' is one thing, having a fit is another, and im pretty sure the rockets are resigned to letting him wallow in chicago,florida,LA whereever he wants to go pout and pine, before buying him out or trading for leftovers.

Steve Kerr
12-28-2009, 06:28 PM
What about come to Chicago to play with D-Rose?

Rose-