PDA

View Full Version : Lebron and Iverson - Share a Career Path

kblo247
12-27-2009, 05:15 AM
Now, don't laugh as I saw this posted by a user named griff and have to say that it holds merit:

1996-97 - Allen Iverson drafted #1 overall
2003-04 - Lebron james drafted #1 overall

1996-97 - Allen Iverson named rookie of the year
2003-04 - Lebron James named rookie of the year

2000-01 - Allen Iverson gets destroyed in his only finals appearance
2006-07 - Lebron James gets destroyed in his only finals appearance

2000-01 - Allen iverson wins MVP and a Laker (who won mvp the year before - Shaq) won Finals MVP
2008-09 - Lebron James wins MVP and a Laker (who won mvp the year before - Kobe) won Finals MVP

2000-01 - Allen Iverson wins All-Star Game MVP in his second All-Star Appearance
2005-06 - Lebron James wins All-Star Game MVP in his second All-Star Appearance

2004-05 - Allen Iverson wins All-Star Game MVP for the second time
2007-08 - Lebron James wins All-Star Game MVP for the second time

2001-02 - Allen Iverson wins scoring title in his 5th season
2007-08 - Lebron James wins scoring title in his 5th season

1999-00 - A player from Iversons Draft wins a ring before Iverson with shaq and later proves he is the best player from the draft
2005-06 - A player from Lebrons Draft wins a ring before Lebron with shaq and later proves he is the best player from the draft

2009-10 - Allen Iverson has a career 27ppg average
2009-10 - Lebron James has a career 27ppg average

2006-07 - Iverson left the team he struggled with his entire career to ring chase along side another allstar (Carmelo Anthony)
2010-11 - LeBron leaves Cleveland to ring chase along side another allstar (???)

I had never made that connection before but their paths are scarily similar when you look back at their careers, and the facts that they both have went through many Robin's and throw their bodies around with reckless abandon doesn't help devalue the argument.

What do you guys think, freaky coincidence or history repeating itself?

abe_froman
12-27-2009, 05:30 AM
except lebron is much,much better and is still young(thus have opportunities for more mvps,rings,ect.)

...also lebron was the best player from that draft

Chronz
12-27-2009, 05:56 AM
wow lots of coincidences, but Bron didnt deserve that ROY

BayAreaSportF@n
12-27-2009, 06:09 AM
Lebron should never be considered with Iverson, he is 100 times better. Just wait Lebron will get his ring and many more.

rabueed
12-27-2009, 06:27 AM
Lebron should never be considered with Iverson, he is 100 times better. Just wait Lebron will get his ring and many more.

does Lebron deserve a ring? IMO yes

will he get one? i'm not sure, but he deserves to.

the only problem is when. Where among all the talented teams in the NBA will he find a season to claim a championship? I guess it really depends on his choice this summer as well.

Lakers are scary for the next few years
you got OKC up and coming
Portland looks dirty down the line
Orlando looks pretty nice as well
Sacramento is a nice young core
Clippers could be good if they get it together
The Nets got a bright future, especially if they get the #1 pick
Milwaukee is looking good

^^^ and that's just a few. Unless Lebron joins OKC, Clippers, or something along that line, he's gonna have some tough competition for a while.

I'm don't think it's gonna work out in Cleveland, but hey, you never know. Their cap is going down like crazy with Shaq, Z, and LBJ coming off the books (roughly 50 million). Sign Bosh for the max, keep LBJ, sign a back up Center and a couple of role players with the leftover cap (if there is any). :cool:

eugene
12-27-2009, 06:39 AM
cannot imagine the guy sitting and comparing all this staff... :))))))

3ballbomber
12-27-2009, 06:55 AM
cannot imagine the guy sitting and comparing all this staff... :))))))
Some people like stats so it's no big deal to have this in their data base.

_KB24_
12-27-2009, 06:58 AM
I was LOL @ the last point. That'll be hilarious if it comes true. I just want to say, everyone expected AI to eventually come up with a ring because he was that GOOD and led a **** team to the finals. Didn't happen. Will history repeat itself with Bron?

Bulls_fan90
12-27-2009, 07:45 AM
Your obviously a Lebron hater. Im not a fan either but it's obvious that Lebron will not go down the same path as Iverson. He is a much better player.

BTW does this thread have anything to do with the Cavs embarrassing the Lakers on Christmas day, infront of a global audience??? I have a funny feeling i know what your response will be....

nipo10847
12-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Insecurity makes you feel scared and eventually leads you to find stupid ways to let people down. Silly laker fans. LeBron James= King of basketball world. That wouldn't change bcz of some haters.

philab
12-27-2009, 10:33 AM
The only problem is that none of those facts are indicative of anything -- just a bunch of factual coincidences. Seriously, are All-Star MVPs indicative of future titles? Hell no.

It's interesting, but it means nothing, especially when there are countless differences too.

And that thing declared Wade better than LeBron -- what a joke.

marlinsfan24
12-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Why are you bashing the guy? He just made a comparison of facts that have happened so far. He's never said Lebron isn't better than AI. Calm the hell down.

The only problem is that none of those facts are indicative of anything -- just a bunch of factual coincidences. Seriously, are All-Star MVPs indicative of future titles? Hell no.

It's interesting, but it means nothing, especially when there are countless differences too.

Right, a guy who's won a finals and a finals MVP, is top 3 in the NBA being considered is a MJAOR JOKE

Lil Rhody
12-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Your obviously a Lebron hater. Im not a fan either but it's obvious that Lebron will not go down the same path as Iverson. He is a much better player.

BTW does this thread have anything to do with the Cavs embarrassing the Lakers on Christmas day, infront of a global audience??? I have a funny feeling i know what your response will be....

The original post was from Griff...... I dont think he is a Laker fan

Durant is hype
12-27-2009, 11:50 AM
I was LOL @ the last point. That'll be hilarious if it comes true. I just want to say, everyone expected AI to eventually come up with a ring because he was that GOOD and led a **** team to the finals. Didn't happen. Will history repeat itself with Bron?

Well he is not Lebron "GOOD".

philab
12-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Why are you bashing the guy? He just made a comparison of facts that have happened so far. He's never said Lebron isn't better than AI. Calm the hell down.

Right, a guy who's won a finals and a finals MVP, is top 3 in the NBA being considered is a MJAOR JOKE

I'm not sure if that first part was directed at me -- I didn't bash anyone.

And I didn't refer to Wade as a joke. I referred to the the writer's declaration that Wade is better than LeBron as a joke. That's no insult to Wade. And nowhere did the word "major" appear.

SA5195
12-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Woah that's pretty cool

Yanks All Day
12-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Alot of coincidences there, but you can probably expect that to be where it ends. LeBron has alot of basketball ahead of him, probably a few more MVPs, and maybe rings. Freaky coincidences. As someone said before, Wade is not better than LeBron.

Raph12
12-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Just for the record KBLO, AI won a scoring title in his third season not fifth.

During the lockout 1998-99 season, AI avged a league-high 26.8 ppg... he has 4 scoring titles to his credit.

Not arguing anything, just saying.

JNA17
12-27-2009, 04:22 PM
you know what's funny. 2 months ago i remember coming out the knicks game with my bro and my dad, (both lebron fans) and i told them that lebron is like an allen iverson IN TERMS OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS. And a bit on play as well. And look it here, it seems that he is more like iverson then i thought.

Who knows what will happen but i find this data pretty interesting.

Bullsfan22
12-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Insecurity makes you feel scared and eventually leads you to find stupid ways to let people down. Silly laker fans. LeBron James= King of basketball world. That wouldn't change bcz of some haters.

hit it right on the nail, haha he tries to hide it by saying a non laker fan posted it. It's either putting kobe on a pedal stool or trying to chop the people down that's as good or better than him. Comparing lebron to AI just because AI's career is on it's downside is idiotic or better yet making a thread to bring it to light is even more ridiculous. EXPOSED.

Cubs Win
12-27-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm only 18 now, so I'm a little too young to say for sure but was AI already the best overall player in the league by his 5th and 6th seasons like LeBron is? Because I remember Shaq and T-Mac to go along with a younger Time Duncan (and I may be missing a few others because I'm just going off the top of my head real quick) being huge back then as well.

To be clear, I'm not saying AI was at any point the best overall player in the league although I think it's obvious he was the best scorer for a few years.

Incublime24
12-27-2009, 05:24 PM
hit it right on the nail, haha he tries to hide it by saying a non laker fan posted it. It's either putting kobe on a pedal stool or trying to chop the people down that's as good or better than him. Comparing lebron to AI just because AI's career is on it's downside is idiotic or better yet making a thread to bring it to light is even more ridiculous. EXPOSED.

what do you mean he hit the nail right on the head? you guys are the ones who are bringing up the Lakers and Kobe. The original post is comparing some stats between LJ and AI, it has nothing to do with Kobe or the Lakers. Yes, there are some crazy parallels. Does this mean that LJ isn't better than AI? No. But you cannot deny that it is an interesting coincidence.

Also, to the person who said Lebron is the King of the Basketball world...really? Win one championship and you can start to make that claim, but it is a little premature. Yes, LJ is one of the most gifted athletes to ever play the game (talent-wise and physically), but you cannot say he is the King of the Basketball World when he hasn't even done the one thing that every player strives to do -- win a championship. Again, this isn't a Kobe v LJ argument. But lets stop crowning LJ as the greatest ever when he hasn't even won a single championship.

Bullsfan22
12-27-2009, 05:44 PM
what do you mean he hit the nail right on the head? you guys are the ones who are bringing up the Lakers and Kobe. The original post is comparing some stats between LJ and AI, it has nothing to do with Kobe or the Lakers. Yes, there are some crazy parallels. Does this mean that LJ isn't better than AI? No. But you cannot deny that it is an interesting coincidence.

Also, to the person who said Lebron is the King of the Basketball world...really? Win one championship and you can start to make that claim, but it is a little premature. Yes, LJ is one of the most gifted athletes to ever play the game (talent-wise and physically), but you cannot say he is the King of the Basketball World when he hasn't even done the one thing that every player strives to do -- win a championship. Again, this isn't a Kobe v LJ argument. But lets stop crowning LJ as the greatest ever when he hasn't even won a single championship.

now that I established you are a laker fan I can see why you would say "this has nothing to do with kobe and the lakers. You obviously couldn't see my logic in my last post but I'm most non laker fans can. Secondly I agreed with the insecurity part of his post no what you are asking me about so maybe you should qoute him about the king of basketball part.

_KB24_
12-27-2009, 05:56 PM
You guys need to honestly stop acting like little gossip girls. I'm pretty sure Griff is NOT even a Lakers fan and all he presents are WEIRD COINCIDENCES. There`s like a 1-12732981317178312 chance of it coming true. Do all other fans envy Kobe & the Lakers?

ElMarroAfamado
12-27-2009, 07:18 PM
one thing is certain
Lebron James will never win a ring as the 1st option
EVER...

Cubs Win
12-27-2009, 07:25 PM
one thing is certain
EVER...

:facepalm:

mavwar53
12-27-2009, 07:58 PM

yes couldn't be more correct

Bashna
12-27-2009, 08:04 PM

just because has a ring and a finals MVP doesn't make him the better player...Lebron is the clear cut best player out of wade and Lebron, if not the clear cut best player int he NBA. Don't be stupid.

Strumpy
12-27-2009, 08:12 PM
one thing is certain
EVER...

:laugh:

Chacarron
12-27-2009, 08:31 PM
just because has a ring and a finals MVP doesn't make him the better player...Lebron is the clear cut best player out of wade and Lebron, if not the clear cut best player int he NBA. Don't be stupid.

Is there any way you can back that up? (I am just curious)

kblo247
12-27-2009, 09:26 PM

First off don't get your panties in a wad.

Secondly, the post came from a place I can't type because PSD stars the name out.

Thirdly, the op who wrote it mentioned nothing about debating Kobe and Lebron so why are you so sensitive?

Fourth off, the fact is that they do share the things the op posted and I only asked was it coincidence or history repeating itself.

Last but not least, the only thing exposed was your idiocy for trying to make this a Kobe and Lebron debate when the topic is AI and Lebron's shared career paths to this pain, and comparing Lebron to a HOF level talent with similar resumes is no crime .

ThuglifeJ
12-27-2009, 09:30 PM
AI always stayed true to the game. Even though he's been a cancer past couple years.

Lebron turned out to be the leagues most self centered - crybaby. Within the past couple years.
It just sucks that the second best player has to have such a disgusting personality attatched to him. Really a shame. But nothings perfect. It's just legends must be disgusted to see such things as lebron doing the stanky leg on the sidelines during games.

cool facts though.

m26555
12-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Really?

B.JenningsMVP
12-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Both also single handily took their teams to the finals, but only to get destroyed by the western teams..

RaiderLakersA's
12-28-2009, 03:38 PM
BTW does this thread have anything to do with the Cavs embarrassing the Lakers on Christmas day, infront (sic) of a global audience???

Maybe. Except the Lakers are well documented at getting blown out a few times every year... for as far back as I can remember, both during the season and in the playoffs...all in front of a global audience.

And the beat goes on...

RaiderLakersA's
12-28-2009, 03:40 PM
A coincidence, but I think LBJ has a chance to break the chain.

Toenail Clipper
12-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Hope he ends up with no ring either.
lol

madiaz3
12-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Both also single handily took their teams to the finals, but only to get destroyed by the western teams..

hey, iverson won a game

B.JenningsMVP
12-28-2009, 04:34 PM
hey, iverson won a game

lol, yeaaa... but you know what i mean aha

RaptorsFanatic
12-28-2009, 04:38 PM
1) Fiend.
2) Too much time on hand.
3) No life.
4) All of the above.

smith&wesson
12-28-2009, 05:09 PM

if he got a career ending injury tmw. he wouldnt have acomplished anything more. and thus far he hasnt acomplished anything iverson hasnt already.

Bruno
12-28-2009, 07:12 PM
I'd be shocked if LeBron doesn't win at least a couple of rings when its all said and done.

If AI comes back strong with the 76ers, he could maybe move to a contender next year, he could potentially still win a ring if he takes the 6th man role (which would be perfect for him, he'd probably get more shots as a 6th man with the second unit then he would as a starter).

Funny how everyone thinks this bashes LeBron- he has a lot of similarities with one of the most explosive and offensively gifted players to ever play. Since when is being compared to a potential first ballot HOFer an insult? If a guy who didn't have a Laker as his signature posted this, the general reaction would be completely different. That's the problem with this forum.

runforrestrunx9
12-28-2009, 07:29 PM
wow, freaky stats:speechless:

philab
12-29-2009, 12:58 PM
LeBron is called "The King" because his last name is JAMES. You know, like King James, the King of England back in the early 17th century. It's a nickname LeBron has had since at least high school (and he did win championships in HS, in case anyone is going there). It has nothing to do with the NBA or even basketball except that the media picked up on it.

So all this "KING James hasn't . . ." or "Prince James" crap (really? Stealing a line from Skip Bayless) is really stupid.

Da616
12-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Detroit !!

jim51990
12-29-2009, 01:06 PM
differences
1 lebron is a great teammate
2. lebron is better
3. no player from his class can touch him (yes even wade , and melo)
4. lebron is better
5. lebron is thee best player in the world and will be for years to come and will win a ring if not many