PDA

View Full Version : Is Gilbert Arenas a PG or is he a SG?

JordansBulls
12-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Is Gilbert Arenas a PG or is he a SG?

Basically what position does he really play effectively more so?

kblo247
12-26-2009, 10:36 PM
He is an overpaid, 6th man with his current body and skill set.

He isn't fast enough anymore or athletic enough to dominate PGs offensively, and he was never a good enough defender to handle SGs or scorer to get his against the best of them when he was healthy.

TheWatcher34
12-26-2009, 10:39 PM
in the locker room he's a funny guy....dude got himself a gun. that will make him a shooting guard, no doubt.
:guns:
eehmm...when will they host the Cavs in DC ??

Jays Claw
12-26-2009, 10:42 PM
In my opinion, Gilbert Arenas is without a doubt a shooting guard. With his ability to score from anywhere on the court and his extremely high shooting percentage, I consider him to be a pure shooting guard. He is too selfish to be a point guard. It seems that I always get a chance to see him play, and when I do, I always notice how reluctant he is to make the extra pass. All in all, he is better suited at the shooting guard position.

TheKing23
12-26-2009, 11:05 PM
:guns: guard

bahama0811
12-26-2009, 11:13 PM
No doubt he's a SG.

Bryrob58
12-26-2009, 11:38 PM
I'd like to see him play some SG. He isn't drastically undersized (6'4, I believe?) and he could be an effective scorer. Also, he could demand the ball since they don't really have a great passer at point guard behind him.

Iodine
12-26-2009, 11:49 PM
He's a point forward with a hint of 1st baseman

Faneik
12-27-2009, 12:18 AM
in the locker room he's a funny guy....dude got himself a gun. that will make him a shooting guard, no doubt.
:guns:
eehmm...when will they host the Cavs in DC ??

:laugh:

not sure, but I think it's in january

Burkey3472
12-27-2009, 12:20 AM
He's a 2 guard no doubt.

JayAllDay
12-27-2009, 12:23 AM
He is an overpaid, 6th man with his current body and skill set.

He isn't fast enough anymore or athletic enough to dominate PGs offensively, and he was never a good enough defender to handle SGs or scorer to get his against the best of them when he was healthy.

22-7-4... he doesn't even have a max contract

Your team paid Sasha Vujajic 15 mil to sit on ***

I think you fapped your Laker ego way too many times.
Time to ease up or you might go blind.

Besides you didn't answer the question posed in the thread.

He's a PG. At 6'4" it would be dumb to not take advantage of the height,strength and skill that he brings to the table.

Toenail Clipper
12-27-2009, 12:28 AM
He's a shooting guard, just like Allen Iverson and Stephen Curry.

kblo247
12-27-2009, 03:49 AM
22-7-4... he doesn't even have a max contract

Your team paid Sasha Vujajic 15 mil to sit on ***

I think you fapped your Laker ego way too many times.
Time to ease up or you might go blind.

Besides you didn't answer the question posed in the thread.

He's a PG. At 6'4" it would be dumb to not take advantage of the height,strength and skill that he brings to the table.

He is a combo guard so of course I didn't answer the question, and Sasha got paid for having a big game in the FINALS and was the 6th man for the team all year long, and his contract is nowhere near as toxic as Gil's deal that he signed after his knee injuries.

Their deals are worlds apart as Sasha at least when he got his deal performed on the big stage, and when you think about it the deal isn't terrible when you look at guys like Kapono, Posey, Banks, Jeffires, and so on getting paid more.

Gil will always be remembered for the regular season and missing those free throws in the playoffs. Fact is he never stepped up and put his team in position to win in the playoffs to earn that max deal which it is since he gets paid more than Wade, Lebron, and Melo.

He has regressed since his surgeries and I was honest about that. He isn't what he used to be, and I honestly think his best role would be a combo guard 6th man like Ginobili or Terry.

29$JerZ
12-27-2009, 03:57 AM
Ball dominant PG, better with a defensive SG who can hit a 3 imo like Bell

kblo247
12-27-2009, 04:08 AM
I thought he was at his best with a non-Lebron neutered Hughes in all honesty as Hughes took the ball from him some and defended the best guy.

aNYer
12-27-2009, 04:15 AM
I thought he was at his best with a non-Lebron neutered Hughes in all honesty as Hughes took the ball from him some and defended the best guy.

Thats why he said he wants Hughes back last season.
He should be a 2 but he strikes me as the type that wouldn't be happy without 20 shots a night. But I don't follow the wiz all that closely so maybe it just seems that way.

JordansBulls
12-27-2009, 09:35 AM
So can a Rose and Arenas duo work?

bctgg27
12-27-2009, 10:33 AM
I consider him a scoring point guard.

aNYer
12-27-2009, 02:56 PM
So can a Rose and Arenas duo work?

It will more then replace Gordon but then you have to shooters in the back court and Arenas' defense is probably worse then Gordon's. So who knows if it gets you anything more then a 1st round birth. Maybe a second round, but did you feel like you were going to win a ring with Gordon?

JayW_1023
12-28-2009, 10:44 AM
If SG stands for Sideshow guard...i'll pick that.

Kakaroach
12-28-2009, 12:33 PM
He's a scoring PG. If you put him at SG, he'll be dominated by a SG on the defensive end. He won't be nearly as effective without the ball on the offensive end.

Jays Claw
12-28-2009, 06:15 PM
He's a scoring PG. If you put him at SG, he'll be dominated by a SG on the defensive end. He won't be nearly as effective without the ball on the offensive end.

Agreed.