PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Warriors trying to unload Corey Maggette...

asandhu23
12-26-2009, 09:39 PM
As the Warriors turn

Golden State Warriors general manager Larry Riley said he is weary of all the trade rumors hanging over his team and claims he is not shopping any player – despite rumblings throughout the NBA indicating otherwise.

One NBA executive said the Warriors are “trying to unload” forward Corey Maggette(notes) (no surprise, given his mammoth contract) and would trade young forward Anthony Randolph(notes) for “the right veteran.”

“There is a lot of conversation right now,” Riley said. “I’m looking around as a GM of a team with seven wins. But there is no shopping of any player. I’ve followed up on things, but we’re not shopping around.

“I did not shop Randolph this year or last year. We have guys that we are not willing to trade.”

Still, league sources say the only three players the Warriors seem inclined to keep are young guards Anthony Morrow(notes), Stephen Curry(notes) and Monta Ellis(notes).

For now, the Warriors hope big men Andris Biedrins(notes) and Ronny Turiaf(notes) are able to finally return from their injuries and play Saturday against the Phoenix Suns. If either player returns, the Warriors likely won’t seek a second injury exception to expand their roster.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-afterthebuzzer122509

jimbobjarree
12-26-2009, 09:44 PM
id take him if we got a cherry on top and got to dump ak

blah-blah
12-26-2009, 09:49 PM
calderon for maggette

arkanian215
12-26-2009, 09:50 PM
what's wrong with AK? i <3 ak. he can sign here after his contract is up with the jazz. him and prokhorov are close.:D and a russian playing in brooklyn? amazing!

kblo247
12-26-2009, 09:57 PM
Spurs should send Jefferson and Blair away for him and Randolph

As pitiful a defender as he is he is better than RJ and he is a better scorer in a half court system, while RJ is better at running and gunning. Randolph also at least has size to compliment Duncan while Blair would thrive doing the only thing he is good at in rebounding for the Warriors .

jimbobjarree
what's wrong with AK? i <3 ak. he can sign here after his contract is up with the jazz. him and prokhorov are close.:D and a russian playing in brooklyn? amazing!

Id's trade AK right now for Simmons and Battie

its not him, its that we're a lux tax team when we shouldn't have to be, AK is a 5-7mil a year player on 16/17 mil thats crippling the franchise. He should turn from coal to gold next season though when he becomes a 17.8 million dollar expiring contract.

maggette has a long contract, but he'd produce more and be cheaper every year, him and an expiring and we save 8 million for next season, 8 million we can use to at least try and get Boozer to stay, right now we cant even do that. And Nelly ball would be perfect for him, he'd go back to playing as a big and most likely back to his allstar numbers.

GodsSon
Marcus Banks + Antoine Wright + Pops for Maggette...2 of the outgoing players have expirings this year, and Banks expires next year...Corey can be our back-up 3

TheWatcher34
12-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Maggette and meatballs...in exchange for??? ..a major bill.
please add some hot sauce.

BkOriginalOne
12-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Magette and Randolph for Oden and Andre Miller

BkOriginalOne
12-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Then the Warriors move Miller for what they need.

Hollasoren
12-26-2009, 10:26 PM
how many years left does he have how about jared jefferies

Jays Claw
12-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Corey Maggette would be a huge disappointment with the Toronto Raptors. In my opinion, he is not suited for them. He would thrive on a team that uses a half court offense. He would have been perfect on the Charlotte Bobcats.

TheWatcher34
12-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Magette and Randolph for Oden and Andre Miller

:no: it's spaghetti but Maggette :rolleyes:

commonsense12
12-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Being a knick fan i would not trade anyone for Maggette's contract. It has like 4 more yrs left on it and its like 10 mill. Randolph is great but that contract just sucks.

commonsense12
12-26-2009, 10:31 PM
how many years left does he have how about jared jefferies

Maggette has 4 yrs left and JJ has 2 yrs left. I dont think i do the deal if it was straight up.

TheKing23
12-26-2009, 10:36 PM
I've said it before, and i'll say it again... Big Z, JJ Hickson and a 1st rounder for Anthony Randolph and Corey Maggette.

Warriors get the salary relief with Z's expiring and get rid of the mistake contract of Maggette. They also get a nice prospect who would excel in a run and gun system with Hickson.

The Cavs get their PF of the future who can stretch the floor with Shaq and add athleticism with Randolph and another guy who can score 20 on any given night and slide into the 2 spot when the Cavs play big and offer some toughness with Maggette.

The 1st rounder sweetens the deal, because, more than likely the Warriors would buy out Z's contract. The Warriors would have to part with Randolph if they have any hope of financial freedom from Maggette's restraining contract.

SA5195
12-26-2009, 10:46 PM
Raps

Banks, Pops, Wright, Rasho, POB for Corey and Randolph

Mavrix
12-26-2009, 10:52 PM
Dallas offers fruitcake and a bag of nuts.

Jays Claw
12-26-2009, 10:58 PM
I have said it before, and I will say it again. Corey Maggette would be a tremendous disappointment if he were to join the Toronto Raptors. Even bigger than the Jermaine O'Neal experiment. He needs many shots given to him in order to be effective. You can basically call him a black hole on offense. I am going to ask my fellow Raptor fans to look into reality here. Is it really a good idea for our team to pick up a guy who is overpaid, not that athletic and looks for his shot only? Given the current economic situation and overpaid players like Hedo Turkoglu, Andrea Bargnani and soon to be, Chris Bosh on our team, there is simply no room for Corey Maggette.

Toenail Clipper
12-27-2009, 12:30 AM
The right "veteran" is Marcus Camby (:

AI4MVP
12-27-2009, 12:50 AM
wow. golden state is such a joke of an organization. i feel so bad for there fans. they have great fans. im a suns fan living in the bay and most of my friends are warriors fans and i go to alot of games. its really sad. they have some of the gretest fans in the nba. they absolutely ruined the whole we believe team that the fans deserved.

golden state fans really deserves to sign a big name free agent this offseason

Grim Reaper
12-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Look for the Celtics to make a strong push with the injury to Pierce. With Maggette the C's won't have to rush Pierce back too quickly because we all saw how bad of an idea that was last year with KG. Maybe the expiring contracts oy Scal and Tony Allen along with one of the young guys Bill Walker or JR Giddens. That would be a very smart move for Golden State because it would replace Maggette's mammoth contract with two expiring contracts and they would have the money to at least make a pitch for Dwayne Wade or Lebron.

iggypop123
12-27-2009, 01:15 AM
rumor: GS wants to trade maggette
fact: nobody wants his contract

29$JerZ
12-27-2009, 01:16 AM
Id's trade AK right now for Simmons and Battie

its not him, its that we're a lux tax team when we shouldn't have to be, AK is a 5-7mil a year player on 16/17 mil thats crippling the franchise. He should turn from coal to gold next season though when he becomes a 17.8 million dollar expiring contract.

maggette has a long contract, but he'd produce more and be cheaper every year, him and an expiring and we save 8 million for next season, 8 million we can use to at least try and get Boozer to stay, right now we cant even do that. And Nelly ball would be perfect for him, he'd go back to playing as a big and most likely back to his allstar numbers.

Expirings that's big are actually more valuable to the team itself, they rather lose the 17 million off the CAP then attempt to trade for several contracts that add up to 17 million. That's why Marbury couldn't be traded and why Tracy will likely stay a Rocket this season or be bought out.

hgtiger32
12-27-2009, 01:20 AM
paul pierce will be okay, i dont think it's *** bad as KG's injury last year...

Raps18-19 Champ
12-27-2009, 01:23 AM
Magette and Randolph for Barbosa and Lopez.

C-Frye, Randolph
PF-Amare, Dudley
SF-Magette, Amundson
SG-Richardson, Hill
PG-Nash, Dragic

Suns might need to sign another PG but they would be so sick with that lineup.

zambo4president
12-27-2009, 01:54 AM
I really hope the Bulls don't bring him home.

FaM0us Skins
12-27-2009, 02:08 AM
Big Z for Maggette

HouRealCoach
12-27-2009, 03:57 AM
Yes he would be good on Cle

Chronz
12-27-2009, 05:07 AM
I couldve told you this would happen the minute they signed him