PDA

View Full Version : TMac: "I'm definitely back" - still Rockets send him home

JordansBulls
12-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Source: Yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-afterthebuzzer122509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

McGrady chomping to play for someone

Tracy McGradys $23 million salary makes him difficult to trade but not impossible. While McGrady is playing a limited role for the Rockets since returning from knee surgery, he is confident that if hes traded his new team wont be disappointed.

I will tell you what if anything were to happen, whoever [trades for him] is going to get a hell of a player, McGrady said. A hungry one, too.

McGrady has gone from one of the NBAs most feared scorers to now averaging 3.2 points in 7.3 minutes over six games. McGrady has no idea when his minutes will increase.

Im feeling good and as the minutes start to increase, Ill show that, McGrady said. Its really hard to do anything on seven minutes. It is what it is at this time and Im just rolling with it. Im definitely back.

NWA_GUY
12-25-2009, 09:37 PM
I don't know about this...

Corey
12-25-2009, 09:38 PM
He's certainly got a lot to prove. Hopefully he keeps the fire and shows everyone what he is capable of.

SensandRaps
12-25-2009, 09:39 PM
ill take a risk with him can be a great player when "healthy" but it depends on how much the rockets want for him

bahama0811
12-25-2009, 09:40 PM
He'll be hurt again in a couple of weeks.

TheKing23
12-25-2009, 09:42 PM
I hope so. I feel sorry for the guy... Constantly being bugged down by injuries. I hope he can regain some form and show us a glimpse of the old T-Mac when (or maybe if) he starts to get regular playing time.

RaptorsFanatic
12-25-2009, 09:42 PM
I hope so. I hope keeping you on my fantasy team for 2 months will pay dividends once dumbass, Rick Adelman, makes the right move and gives this proven player some PT.

RaptorsFanatic
12-25-2009, 09:44 PM
He'll be hurt again in a couple of weeks.

I see your a well-wisher. How would you feel if people told you they wished you had a severe concussion or broke your leg.

bigsams50
12-25-2009, 09:45 PM
I feel sorry for the guy, it kinda sucks that his career has been destroyed by injuries, hopefully the Bulls trade for him and he gets a new start

Bullsfan22
12-25-2009, 09:48 PM
bring him to chicago!

NWA_GUY
12-25-2009, 09:50 PM
bring him to chicago!

Why?

bahama0811
12-25-2009, 09:51 PM
I see your a well-wisher. How would you feel if people told you they wished you had a severe concussion or broke your leg.

I didn't say I wanted him hurt, it's just the story of his career. I wish the guy the best but he's gonna get hurt again, there's no doubt about it. The guy is freakishly injury prone.

Bullsfan22
12-25-2009, 09:55 PM
Why?

He would free up more cap space for 2010 and we would even consider resigning him for a reasonable deal if what he has done to improve his fitness pay off. It would be a good move now and for the future for the bulls.

DreamShaker
12-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Guys like T-Mac can go one way or another. They can go the way of Iverson and refuse to believe they have lost a few steps and just go to bad teams for the sake of publicity...or they can go the way of Grant Hill and still be a solid 3rd or 4th option for a playoff team if he accepts his role and doesn't try to "be the man"...T-Mac still has some fuel left in the tank. He can still get other guys involved, hit some shots, and probably not be too bad on the defensive end...he just cannot be a guy who plays 35 minutes every night. He is no longer an All-Star (no matter how many crazies vote for him)....but he can still be a nice hand.

As a Rockets fan though....I really hope some desperate team overvalues him or a superstar (Bosh, CP3?) makes it clear they are bolting the second they can and his contract becomes a bargaining chip....very wishful thinking but tis the season, right??

TEXASTITAN
12-25-2009, 10:08 PM
Bulls you NEVER let it go with the tmac threads do you? Seriously why is he ''hungry'' and feeling so well? How about the fact that he knows he's headed out of town off a team that no longer wants to put up with his $h1t and he's going to be unemployed next year so he wants another contract. This is a joke the rox just need to dump this fool already and quit dragging this out it's pi$$ing me off.

TEXASTITAN
12-25-2009, 10:12 PM
I didn't say I wanted him hurt, it's just the story of his career. I wish the guy the best but he's gonna get hurt again, there's no doubt about it. The guy is freakishly injury prone.

I think you have ''freakishly injury prone'' with ''lazy'' the dude is a quitter and it's been proven. Aside from personal awards he's never got his teams over the hump and we did better without him last year and past the second round it was ironic actually. He came up lame right around the time he was about to head to the nets for his cousin VC. So it's kinda hard to feel sorry for a quitter who can't man up and take what the business gives him i lost all respect for the dude after that.

SA5195
12-25-2009, 10:18 PM
Averaging 3 ppg is not a sign of "i'm definitely back"

JordansBulls
12-25-2009, 10:19 PM
bring him to chicago!

Salmons, Miller and Jerome James for Tmac/Cook

Chi_Town_Boi
12-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Fresh start in Chicago would be a nice move. Not to mention he was set to be traded to the team for Scottie Pippen during his Draft. Maybe this is destiny calling? Either way, it'd be great to see T-Mac on a regular basis whenever the Bulls play.

Bullsfan22
12-25-2009, 10:23 PM

:hi5:

BkOriginalOne
12-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Trade him to the Hornets for Peja and mo Pete already!

TEXASTITAN
12-25-2009, 10:32 PM

Wishful thinking for you guys but you don't think morey is going to make any trade that benefits the opposing team more than the rockets do you? We don't need miller and any tmac deal with chicago would have involve deng anyway.

b0nk
12-25-2009, 10:52 PM
trade him before he gets hurt again

hurry! befo its too late

FOBolous
12-25-2009, 11:09 PM
I hope so. I hope keeping you on my fantasy team for 2 months will pay dividends once dumbass, Rick Adelman, makes the right move and gives this proven player some PT.

that "dumbass" you're talking about is the reason why the Rockets have a winning record right now...not last in the league like everyone thought they were going to be.

FOBolous
12-25-2009, 11:10 PM
Guys like T-Mac can go one way or another. They can go the way of Iverson and refuse to believe they have lost a few steps and just go to bad teams for the sake of publicity...or they can go the way of Grant Hill and still be a solid 3rd or 4th option for a playoff team if he accepts his role and doesn't try to "be the man"...T-Mac still has some fuel left in the tank. He can still get other guys involved, hit some shots, and probably not be too bad on the defensive end...he just cannot be a guy who plays 35 minutes every night. He is no longer an All-Star (no matter how many crazies vote for him)....but he can still be a nice hand.

As a Rockets fan though....I really hope some desperate team overvalues him or a superstar (Bosh, CP3?) makes it clear they are bolting the second they can and his contract becomes a bargaining chip....very wishful thinking but tis the season, right??

:clap:

JordansBulls
12-26-2009, 09:44 AM
Trade him to the Hornets for Peja and mo Pete already!

That wouldn't be too bad. He would have to change his number again though.:)

Kakaroach
12-26-2009, 12:17 PM
He does have a lot to prove and he seems confident. I'm sure some teams would trade for him just cuz he's the biggest expiring contract out there. AK-47+ from the Jazz?

JordansBulls
12-26-2009, 01:49 PM
He does have a lot to prove and he seems confident. I'm sure some teams would trade for him just cuz he's the biggest expiring contract out there. AK-47+ from the Jazz?

Rockets don't want AK47

0nekhmer
12-26-2009, 02:45 PM
T-mac wants to be on a contending team, i think he needs to prove himself like D wade for a whole season that he's up there before he talks about winning championships :rolleyes:

commonsense12
12-26-2009, 02:49 PM
I dunno about contending team i think he would want to be on a team that makes his stats look good, so he can sign a deal in the summer for big bucks.

KnicksorBust
12-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Knicks are dying to get him in NY. Point forward who would sell tickets, can score in the clutch, and is a monster expiring. Problem is they won't take Jeffries from us.

zachattach
12-26-2009, 02:58 PM
i hope the Lakers try and sign him this offseason!!

Kakaroach
12-26-2009, 03:14 PM
Rockets don't want AK47 Well yeah not a whole lot of people would but the Rockets wanna get something for T-Mac right? You won't be able to match T-Mac's salary very easily, its gigantic. If they wanna trade him, why not get something like AK-47 back in return? :shrug: Just a thought though, prolly won't happen.

Ray_R
12-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Wishful thinking for you guys but you don't think morey is going to make any trade that benefits the opposing team more than the rockets do you? We don't need miller and any tmac deal with chicago would have involve deng anyway.

are you serious.Why would the bulls TMac FOr the price of Deng .ROckets dont even want TmAc they just want to move him. IM pretty sure Bulls can get much more for Deng.

C_Mund
12-26-2009, 03:32 PM
I don't really care where he goes, I just want to see him play ball again. Even if he's a shadow of himself, maybe he can still contribute a'la Grant Hill

Gators123
12-26-2009, 03:54 PM
I would like to see him do well where ever he goes.

RaptorsFanatic
12-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Averaging 3 ppg is not a sign of "i'm definitely back"

Uhhh, He's played roughly 7 minutes each game so far. I really don't think anything better than 3 points a game for someone coming off a knee injury is justification to what your saying.

And yes, he did score 10 points in 7 minutes the other day.

AI4MVP
12-26-2009, 04:32 PM
im convinced. hope he goes to the suns

JordansBulls
12-26-2009, 08:42 PM
im convinced. hope he goes to the suns

Would put Phoenix over the hump.

RaptorsFanatic
12-26-2009, 09:04 PM
I guess Houston doesn't want T-mac blabbing his mouth from now on.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. Rockets guard Tracy McGrady, who said on Wednesday that he wanted to increase his playing time, will instead not play at all tonight against the New Jersey Nets or Sunday in Cleveland.

Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said the team would wait until it returned to Houston after the weekend back-to-back to consider any changes to the rotation.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6787617.html

GodsSon
12-26-2009, 10:00 PM
just retire already

JordansBulls
12-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Source: ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4772672)

Tracy McGrady left the Houston Rockets and returned home Saturday after being told by coach Rick Adelman that despite McGrady's wishes, his playing time would not increase.

In a strange twist to a story that has had its share of weird plot turns, the Rockets said McGrady received the team's permission to fly back to Houston, in part so that be could be home for his the birthday of his young son, Laymen.

But there clearly was an impasse between McGrady and Adelman about what the next step should be in McGrady's comeback from microfracture knee surgery, and the Rockets said the situation would be readdressed Monday after the team returns home from a back-to-back set against New Jersey and Cleveland.

"That's what I'm trying to figure out: Where do we go, and still keeping the rest of the guys moving forward?" Adelman said. "It's kind of a balancing act in trying to figure it all out, and I do not have the magic answer. I wish I did."

McGrady played short stints of 7 or 8 minutes in each of Houston's previous six games, then asked that his workload he increased. Adelman refused, and the situation reached a new juncture after the team's morning shootaround Tuesday.

"I'm a player, man," McGrady told the Houston Chronicle. "I don't make these decisions. I just abide by whatever they bring to me. That's the plan. I'm not going to argue and fight with them -- just run with it. I felt it was time [to increase the routine of playing seven to eight first-half minutes].

"I'm not going to cause any confusion or confrontations. As a player, that's what I felt. They obviously feel different. That's what I have to roll with."

McGrady has the highest salary ($23.2 million) of any player in the NBA and is in the final year of his contract, and several other teams assumed the Rockets were showcasing McGrady for a trade. But Houston general manager Daryl Morey has insisted that is not the case, saying the decision to bring back McGrady and limit his minutes was Adelman's, and there was no urgency whatsoever to trade McGrady.

Where the situation goes from here is a mystery.

"It's just an unknown," Adelman said. "And I don't have the answer for it. I just thought he was unhappy with that situation, and I was uncomfortable trying to go forward and jump-start it again.

"I don't blame any player for saying I want more, and that's basically what he wants, and right now I'm not sure how to do that."

You know, he was a great player," Adelman said, "and you could go and run the offense through him and all the other guys benefited from it. But now if you're going to do that, because of the injury and the rehabilitation coming back, he suddenly can't do that and we can't go to that. And now that that's happened, it's tough. So we're trying to see if we can't keep a flow where he can still get his touches yet we don't have to put the whole onus on him right now, and that's the dilemma. We need to play a certain way, and he needs to get a feel for what we're doing. And we knew it was never going to be easy."

FOBolous
12-26-2009, 10:51 PM
Knicks are dying to get him in NY. Point forward who would sell tickets, can score in the clutch, and is a monster expiring. Problem is they won't take Jeffries from us.

cause Morey's too smart for that. we're not in a rush to trade him...if we can't find a trade offer we like, we'll just sit him out and wait for his contract to expire so we can have cap space to sign another star in 2010.

Well yeah not a whole lot of people would but the Rockets wanna get something for T-Mac right? You won't be able to match T-Mac's salary very easily, its gigantic. If they wanna trade him, why not get something like AK-47 back in return? Just a thought though, prolly won't happen.

again...cause Morey's too smart for that. if we trade him, we want players that can contribute in return. we don't want crap like Jeffries who does nothing other than take up cap space or players who are overpaid like Ak47....we already have our own overpaid player with Tmac and if anything, Tmac > Ak47. The Rockets will either 1. trade tmac for young talent and/or players that can contribute or 2. let Tmac's contract expire so we'll have cap space in 2010 to sign another star.

Verbal Christ
12-26-2009, 11:52 PM
yep, mcgrady is definitely back .... back home in houston, courtesy of adelman and morey, and his loud mouth. too bad mac doesnt value the idea of team play, rules and ethics, internalized alot of his feelings and would be a true professional and man, and would have just talked to adelman without all the sarcastic, ego-maniacal comments he leaks to the media, its clear hes trying to get traded, and hopefully sooner rather than later he gets his wish.

wileyisTOFU
12-27-2009, 12:21 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2100/2284835922_07a99a1fbb_o.jpg

ProdigyI
12-27-2009, 01:04 AM
Just trade him already. To the Bulls please:)

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-27-2009, 01:07 AM
I think he just left home. Not sure if they sent him...

BTW is he an expiring contract?

Toenail Clipper
12-27-2009, 01:11 AM
I think he just left home. Not sure if they sent him...

BTW is he an expiring contract?

yes, hes a FA next summer

iggypop123
12-27-2009, 01:16 AM
one problem, the rockets want in on the 2010 contest too, they want nothing but expiring contracts and talent. sucks for tmac he is stuck in a place where he wont get played

Cubsfan365
12-27-2009, 01:23 AM
^^^You feel bad for a guy who will sit at home and make $23 million this season? Come on...

Raps18-19 Champ
12-27-2009, 01:29 AM
I can see him going to the Knicks.

rabueed
12-27-2009, 03:35 AM
^^^You feel bad for a guy who will sit at home and make $23 million this season? Come on...

:laugh2:

that is kinda funny.

damn....dude, players get PAID. I mean, everyone knows that, but if you really think about it, Damn!

HouRealCoach
12-27-2009, 03:58 AM
T-Mac deserves better

MTar786
12-27-2009, 04:08 AM
farmar sasha morrison a 1st for him n fillers =>

MTar786
12-27-2009, 04:09 AM
or sasha morrison and farmar for jeffries and robinson

RaptorsFanatic
12-27-2009, 04:09 AM

I think what he means to say is that he feels bad Tracy is itching to play but still is not getting his chance to prove himself that he is infact 'back'. 7 minutes every game can't determine if he has lost his touch.

shep33
12-27-2009, 01:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4772672

I think its a really tough move... i mean Tmac in my opinion can still play. That being said, the Rockets rotation is set, and they're prolly one of if not the hardest working team in the league. Battier and Ariza are basically eating up all the minutes. But still they're kinda screwing T-mac... but oh well looks like they're done with each other. Trade him? Or keep him till the end of the year and get his contract off the books?

Jays Claw
12-27-2009, 01:29 PM
How can they trade him when he currently has no value?

J_M_B
12-27-2009, 01:55 PM
I really hope T-mac can put up some reasonable numbers before he retires...

shep33
12-27-2009, 02:56 PM
he's a great pickup for a team like Phoenix or New York. Heck i think he'd fit in with Utah well too. The Bulls and Lakers should make a push. If T-mac goes to LA he'll play a whole lot of minutes for that weak bench. I can actually see him playing around 25-30... cause Kobe is playing way too much, same with Ron... and Odom has been struggling coming off the bench this year. Perfect situation for the Lakers, but I dunno if Jerry wants to pay him whatever he's owed for this year, or if he'd wanna make a move in the offseason instead, maybe signing him for less than half of his 23 mill he gets this year.

Verbal Christ
12-27-2009, 03:37 PM
^^^ :confused: dude the lakers would have to give up integral pieces of their rotation to acquire a guy who does nothing for them, if the two parties are really interested in each other they're gonna have to wait for the offseason because there is absolutely,positively no way that darryl morey buys out the best expiring in the NBA just to appease tmac or any other team for that matter. (still dont think tmac would do much on the lakers, but thats just me)

Lakerfrk
12-27-2009, 03:41 PM
The only way the Lakers can make this work, is if the Rockets buy out T-Mac, and the Lakers sign him for either the Vet Min... or the BAE (I'm not sure if they still have this)

would be awesome though...

Fisher/Farmar/Brown
Bryant/McGrady/Brown
Artest/McGrady/Walton
Gasol/Odom/Powell
Bynum/Gasol/Mbenga

That's pretty great if we stay healthy..... but its still juuuust a dream :rolleyes:

JordansBulls
12-27-2009, 03:43 PM
How can they trade him when he currently has no value?

He has a $23 million dollar expiring contract. That is value in itself.

SaimoNETS
12-27-2009, 03:57 PM
TMAC to New Jersey!!

JordansBulls
12-27-2009, 11:45 PM
TMAC to New Jersey!!

Rockets were going to trade him for Vince last year but then Tmac magically got hurt at the trade deadline.

MetsJets0809
12-28-2009, 12:12 AM
The Knicks and Rockets could matchup well. Knicks have robinson and curry who want to be traded, and they could do a package of something like robinson, curry, harrington/hughes and a 2nd rounder for T-Mac and a scrub. T-mac could be the go to guy for the offense and instantly allow gallo, chandler and Lee to become even better than they are. I think that this could be the move that pushes the Knicks into the playoffs and allows us to give Lebron and Wade a better idea of what it feels like to play in Ny. Also, since Mcgrady's contract runs out, he could take a lesser deal to play with the King and win multiple championships in the big apple

Kakaroach
12-28-2009, 12:40 AM
I smell a trade for sure. Prolly something will come out next week.

iggypop123
12-28-2009, 01:16 AM
The only way the Lakers can make this work, is if the Rockets buy out T-Mac, and the Lakers sign him for either the Vet Min... or the BAE (I'm not sure if they still have this)

would be awesome though...

Fisher/Farmar/Brown
Bryant/McGrady/Brown
Artest/McGrady/Walton
Gasol/Odom/Powell
Bynum/Gasol/Mbenga

That's pretty great if we stay healthy..... but its still juuuust a dream :rolleyes:

they used the BIA on shannon brown. if he wants a title of course under those circumstances he should go to the lakers. another team to look for is the magic, cause his cousin is over there. but seriously a bench of tmac and odom :speechless:

iggypop123
12-28-2009, 01:18 AM

its tough when you want expriings back and talent. teams cant come up with that many contracts that are all exprirings and that satisfy houston. a swap for JO? thats crap. the knicks can trade pieces but jeffries kills any 2010 plans. if they hate him that much maybe a buyout is a probablity, but since the rockets are getting insurance, i think its an issue of money for their handling of this situation

dodie53
12-28-2009, 01:20 AM
send him to the suns
:)

bleedprple&gold
12-28-2009, 04:03 PM

no question a $23 million expiring contract is valuable but the fact that it's so large makes it very difficult to trade. You either have to get a really good player back which no team is going to be willing to offer for Tmac, or you have to take back some bad contracts, which the Rockets are not willing to do.

If they can't find a trade they like, which I don't think they will, they are better off using the cap space to get someone they really want next offseason.

I think they should try to trade with NY, but only if NY is willing to offer a useful player like David Lee to go along with Jeffries. Maybe NY would be willing to trade Lee cuz he might be gone after this season anyway. You trade Tmac for Harrington, Lee and Jeffries and NY will have enough cap space to sign two superstars in the offseason.

JordansBulls
12-28-2009, 05:06 PM
its tough when you want expriings back and talent. teams cant come up with that many contracts that are all exprirings and that satisfy houston. a swap for JO? thats crap. the knicks can trade pieces but jeffries kills any 2010 plans. if they hate him that much maybe a buyout is a probablity, but since the rockets are getting insurance, i think its an issue of money for their handling of this situation

I agree. But teams like the Bulls who are going no where this year can get a guaranteed 23 million off the books to pursue big names next summer.

Southsideheat
12-28-2009, 05:10 PM
would Houston be interested in Luol Deng?

iggypop123
12-28-2009, 05:30 PM
if anyone gets traded they want to trade hinrich

fredv
12-28-2009, 05:52 PM
Two things:

1) Rockets want KMart, Kings don't want to move him unless it fails with Reke and they get a big man back (they've talked about interest in Dalemebert). However, Sixers only want to move Dal if they can get out of his contract. SO:
HOU gets: Martin + Udrih&Nocioni (ugly contracts)
Kings get: Dalembert+Tmac+dorsey
Phili:KEnny Thomas+Cook

ink
12-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Rockets were going to trade him for Vince last year but then Tmac magically got hurt at the trade deadline.

That's why it's good to be skeptical about all rumours. Chances are they'll end up being as unlikely to happen as this one.

I don't see any conspiracy with TMac. He has had a long history of injuries, and unlike a player like Grant Hill, he hasn't seemed to find a way to overcome them and enter into a productive new phase of his career. IMO this is more a reflection of TMac than the Rockets organization.

Chronz
12-28-2009, 09:20 PM
That's why it's good to be skeptical about all rumours. Chances are they'll end up being as unlikely to happen as this one.
Yea it was a BS rumor

I don't see any conspiracy with TMac. He has had a long history of injuries, and unlike a player like Grant Hill, he hasn't seemed to find a way to overcome them and enter into a productive new phase of his career.
Remember it took Hill 4 years to even get back on the court, 4 years ago Tmac was an All-League performer.

IMO this is more a reflection of TMac than the Rockets organization.
What does it reflect, Im not seeing any connection.

ink
12-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Remember it took Hill 4 years to even get back on the court, 4 years ago Tmac was an All-League performer.

What does it reflect, Im not seeing any connection.

Probably reflects character and drive which Hill seems to have an unlimited supply of. Mostly a comment about how hard that guy has worked to resurrect and maintain his career. We can't predict the future, but I'd be shocked if TMac could pull off what Hill has done.

Chronz
12-29-2009, 12:21 AM
Probably reflects character and drive which Hill seems to have an unlimited supply of. Mostly a comment about how hard that guy has worked to resurrect and maintain his career. We can't predict the future, but I'd be shocked if TMac could pull off what Hill has done.
How much do you know about these guys? Like why would you be shocked and you do realize Hill actually benefited in many ways from that long layoff. Skipping out on all those years have allowed him to play past an age when most are done. Its robbed him of his prime but ankle injuries never sap you of your athletic ability the way Back/Knee problems do.

So if your shocked it would be because of the amount of bad luck/genes Tmac has, am I right in this assumption?

ink
12-29-2009, 12:33 AM
So if your shocked it would be because of the amount of bad luck/genes Tmac has, am I right in this assumption?

No. And I believe we've had this conversation before. Starting it again won't achieve anything. Remember, you responded to a post not directed at you.

KG2TB
12-29-2009, 12:37 AM
He's coming to the Bulls right after we hire Byron Scott. I didn't say I want either of these things to happen, but don't shoot the messenger.