PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Chris Paul 'Untouchable'

RocketsRule
12-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Sources with knowledge of the Hornets’ thinking maintain that the club won’t even consider trade inquiries for Paul, even though New Orleans remains $3.3 million over the luxury-tax threshold and despite the fact that big spenders in the league such as the Dallas Mavericks are believed to be eager to offer the Hornets major payroll relief by volunteering to take on an unsavory contract – such as Peja Stojakovic’s deal and/or Emeka Okafor’s – for the privilege of pilfering Paul.

Source: ESPN.com (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/11755/is-chris-paul-happy-we-asked-him)

BIGBREED
12-25-2009, 04:13 PM
When CP3 realize that David West is hurting the team and stop holding the front office back from trading him, thats when the HORNETS will be more competitive!
-Depending on the trade, David West must go(he's the only trading chip that we have)
-Trade David West to Sacramento for SG- Kevin Martin(let them do it, CP)

*** Its sad to say but, Darius Songaila is a better all-around player than David West! ***

[YAH, I SAID IT.......IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED]

Vinny642
12-25-2009, 04:59 PM
Songailia isnt better all around, he fouls way too much, and West is a better rebounder, they both can shoot. But Chris Paul is untouchable, us Hornets fans knew that already

Chicagofaithful
12-27-2009, 02:37 AM
the fact that this is news is hilarious... did anyone in new orleans ever say anything different? lol

Vinny642
12-27-2009, 11:11 PM
People thought that CP wanted out of New Orleans

Pharoe18
12-29-2009, 11:58 AM
When CP3 realize that David West is hurting the team and stop holding the front office back from trading him, thats when the HORNETS will be more competitive!
-Depending on the trade, David West must go(he's the only trading chip that we have)
-Trade David West to Sacramento for SG- Kevin Martin(let them do it, CP)

I actually think West for Martin would be a great trade for both teams, though I haven't looked at the salaries or anything. That would give the Hornets the ability to try and trade Peja as well.

IRUAM #21
12-30-2009, 12:54 AM
Kings don't need West, they got Thompson.

Jonathan2323
12-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Paul should be untouchable, only a ******** GM would trade him.

saintdrew
12-30-2009, 03:06 AM
yeah sacramento would never trade kevin martin for david west. jason thompson is a great, young forward in this league and he's developing quite fast. also with their previous first rounder spencer hawes, a potential deal of sacramento trying to acquire the services of david west primarily sounds futile, imo.

like i've said all year, and i'll say it once again...we need to do a sign-in-and-trade with toronto for chris bosh. it seems abounding for both teams since toronto gets something in return...

and yes, someone mentioned that west is a dilemma with our team and he's already 30 or older.

BIGBREED
12-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Jason Thompson can play the Center/Forward position, he is currently playing Center!

saintdrew
12-30-2009, 01:01 PM
Jason Thompson can play the Center/Forward position, he is currently playing Center!

^ of course he can, bigbreed. he can also the 3 spot or 4 spot. however, like i mentioned the kings have the former first rounder spencer hawes out of washington. he is progressing slowly but he'll come around one of these days. the kings need a true point guard imo.

MJ-BULLS
12-30-2009, 11:08 PM
if the hornets trade paul the are idiots

saintdrew
12-30-2009, 11:52 PM
the would be idiots indeed.

BIGBREED
12-31-2009, 12:53 AM
^ of course he can, bigbreed. he can also the 3 spot or 4 spot. however, like i mentioned the kings have the former first rounder spencer hawes out of washington. he is progressing slowly but he'll come around one of these days. the kings need a true point guard imo.

Man, Hawes is a career backup. Get off his nuts!

saintdrew
12-31-2009, 01:22 PM
Man, Hawes is a career backup. Get off his nuts!

Really? Hawes is 21 and in his third season in the league. I think it's safe to say that he has more time before we start dubbing him with that title of being a career backup.

BIGBREED
12-31-2009, 09:58 PM
Really? Hawes is 21 and in his third season in the league. I think it's safe to say that he has more time before we start dubbing him with that title of being a career backup.

Would you trade for HIM?

saintdrew
01-05-2010, 02:55 PM
for who? hawes or martin?

BIGBREED
01-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Hawes!

saintdrew
01-05-2010, 07:14 PM
dude be more specific. if i'm right i'm guessing you're asking a hypothetical question about who the hornets could trade for a guy like hawes?

if that's the case then it would probably take a package of expiring contracts if they want to cash in on the free agents this summer. however, if julian wright could play to his potential then maybe him. right now i don't see the kings trading him (hawes).

BIGBREED
01-06-2010, 10:24 AM
BEING MORE SPECIFIC
-I'm not saying that the Hornets would trade for Hawes, I'm asking "YOU" since you like him so much, would you trade for Hawes? Last I checked, our conversation was about Spencer Hawes! Stick to our conversation, which is Spencer Hawes! NOW......since you like him so much, "Would you trade for him"

ELEMENTARY SPEAKING...
if you were the GM, "Would you trade for Spencer Hawes"

[YOU.....YOU.....I'm talking about YOU!]

saintdrew
01-06-2010, 01:31 PM
dude....chill out. first, i never protested on here that i like hawes. i was more of disagreeing with you.

oh and our conversation was not primarily about spencer hawes, the conversation started about kevin martin. get your facts straight before you get on here and call me out like that. which i noticed is a repetitive theme of you, to call people out when you don't even know what you're talking about.

but to answer your "elementary speaking" question. and in your little fantasy world if i was a GM, then yes, i would look into trading for spencer hawes.

my god man....

saintdrew
01-06-2010, 02:22 PM
honestly i can't believe this thread started about chris paul and now we're talking about two sacramento kings players. gotta love the nba.