PDA

View Full Version : I thought this was the year

Damela
12-24-2009, 04:08 PM
I thought this was the year Deron Williams would finally get to be an "allstar" but the fans fail to realize how good he is. He has been by far the best point guard this year. I don't think he'll make the allstar team more than twice his career because the jazz don't get as much publicity as they should.

Sofa King
12-24-2009, 04:11 PM
There's just too many good guards in the West. Everyone knows he's all star caliber.

RocketsRule
12-24-2009, 04:13 PM
He is having an All-Star caliber year, but I think Nash beats him out. Nash has made the franchise respectable once again, and looks like his former self dishing out assists and scoring with ease. Don't get me wrong, Deron's played well, but I don't think his team has played well enough to allow him to obtain that starting spot.

He could very well end up with a backup role though.

VCaintdead17
12-24-2009, 04:16 PM
He deserved to be in the all star game two years ago....

This is getting ridiculous.

Chronz
12-24-2009, 04:17 PM
What are you talking about, the fans got it right. Nash has been the 2nd best PG this year.

Cubsfan365
12-24-2009, 04:22 PM
I thought this was the year Deron Williams would finally get to be an "allstar" but the fans fail to realize how good he is. He has been by far the best point guard this year. I don't think he'll make the allstar team more than twice his career because the jazz don't get as much publicity as they should.
How has he been the best point guard by far????

JasonJohnHorn
12-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Well there is no doubting that Williams is great, and that the Jazz would not be as good without him, but Chris Paul is still great and Nash is putting up an MVP performance, not to mention the fact that the fans always vote in two shooting guards. but don't fret, as dumb as the fans may be, McGrady may yet end up out east before the game but I believe the coaches will be sure that Williams is on the team this year. But don't feel bad, with guys like; Parker, Nash, Paul and Kidd all competing for spots on the roster, its not an insult Williams takes a couple of years to get in, thouhg i'm sure the coaches will put him on the roster.

Teeboy1487
12-24-2009, 04:35 PM
The coaches vote for the reserves. I really think Deron will make it this year. Kevin Durant should be higher too. He has been the best small forward in the west after Carmelo.

runforrestrunx9
12-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Deron is the 3rd best PG in the league... he just happens 2 be the 3rd best PG in the West as well

smith&wesson
12-24-2009, 05:00 PM
if the fans vote nash in, the coaches will vote deron in as a reserve. either way he will be an all star this year.

Kakaroach
12-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Yeah, this is the year that Deron finally freaking makes it. Coaches won't let him be slighted again.

ThuglifeJ
12-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Nash>Williams.

Nice try though

Damela
12-24-2009, 11:20 PM
How has he been the best point guard by far????

The reason I say that is because Paul hasn't played as much and his team started of horrible and got better when he went down.

The only other point guard that was playing good is Steve Nash but I think that its just a lucky start and that Deron is better than Nash any ways.

ThuglifeJ
12-24-2009, 11:22 PM
Nash>>>>>Deron.

fact.

THE MTL
12-24-2009, 11:34 PM

Please shut up! Nash has FAR less talent on his team and is truly leading Phoenix into a powerhouse once again. Amare is putting up relatively low numbers. They have Fyre at center. And Nash is leading his team to 4th in the West and not-so-long-ago they were the best in the league.

Also, the argument of him against Chris Paul should be nonexistent. CP3 is ELITE and Deron has yet to touch that status. Deron has a Carlos Boozer playing some of the best basketball of his career and his team is only 8th in the West. Also the Hornets are only two games out the 8th spot and CP3 was out an extended period of time.

Deron is the third best PG in the league.

Raph12
12-24-2009, 11:41 PM
Still likely that he'll be selected by the coaches to be a reserve.

Kakaroach
12-25-2009, 12:04 AM
I can't believe all of the hate D. Will is getting. Lets look at their supporting casts shall we?

J Rich > Ronnie Brewer
Grant Hill > Wesley Matthews
Amare Stoudmaire > Carlos Boozer
Mehmet Okur > Channing Frye

Yep 1/4, he really has the better supporting cast. :rolleyes:

Damela
12-25-2009, 12:05 AM
Nash>>>>>Deron.

fact.

No a dumb opinion

Damela
12-25-2009, 12:21 AM
Please shut up! 1.Nash has FAR less talent on his team and is truly leading Phoenix into a powerhouse once again.2. Amare is putting up relatively low numbers. 3.They have Fyre at center. 4.And Nash is leading his team to 4th in the West and not-so-long-ago they were the best in the league.

Also, the argument of him against Chris Paul should be nonexistent. CP3 is ELITE and Deron has yet to touch that status. Deron has a Carlos Boozer playing some of the best basketball of his career and his team is only 8th in the West. Also the Hornets are only two games out the 8th spot and CP3 was out an extended period of time.

Deron is the third best PG in the league.

1.Nash has way more talent than Williams.
Deron >Nash
Brewer<Richardson
Miles<Hill
Boozer=Stat
Okur=Frye
Bench<Bench
The Suns bench can come in and change the game the jazz dont.

2.Stat is putting up about the same numbers as Boozer so how do u figure he is putting up low numbers.

3.Frye at center is not that bad. His D is a little better than Okurs.

4.Nash is leading them to the 4th seed but they will soon fade to a lower seed as they always do and the Jazz will rise to higher seed soon.

Also the Suns haven't beatin many good teams and get most wins against the weaker competition.

ThuglifeJ
12-25-2009, 12:25 AM
you guys have the DUMBEST ways of comparing teams.
You could just switch it around like this.

D Will > Hill
Boozer > Richardson
Brewer> Frye
Bench> Bench
Okur < Nash
Miles< Amare

idiots.

anyways you're trying to say that Nash had a "lucky" start. Thats a great argument. We should just erase all the stats he's produced this year because they were lucky stats. Your right.

Nash > Williams. Convince me otherwise once Nash isnt having an MVP year please.

Damela
12-25-2009, 12:48 AM
you guys have the DUMBEST ways of comparing teams.
You could just switch it around like this.

D Will > Hill
Boozer > Richardson
Brewer> Frye
Bench> Bench
Okur < Nash
Miles< Amare

idiots.

anyways you're trying to say that Nash had a "lucky" start. Thats a great argument. We should just erase all the stats he's produced this year because they were lucky stats. Your right.

Nash > Williams. Convince me otherwise once Nash isnt having an MVP year please.

Theres no need to convince you. I can guarantee that the suns and nash production will fall while the Jazz and D will will rise.

Raph12
12-25-2009, 12:54 AM
Deron Williams>Steve Nash

But Nash has played really well this season and is more deserving to be voted in the D-Will IMO.

goku
12-25-2009, 12:55 AM
to me deron is the best pg in the league for one the he plays for jerry sloan who strictly advices the pick n roll as their style of play. nash plays in a up tempo style in which you just outscore the opponent if you switch the to deron would average the same as nash if not better .plus deron is a better defender

The_Pharouh
12-25-2009, 03:11 AM
1-a lot o people believe that both Nash&CP3 are better so even if you don't have same opinion you have to respect others because probably they are the majority
2-fans are voting for 2 guards and now Kobe&Nash leading the race so if they won it will be between him,Cp3, Billups ,Roy,Parker for coaches to choose between
obviously all 5 are great players and will make the ASG if they were in east but they have to compete against each other in west so whoever not named allstar this year there will be those who say WTF
honestly i think that Dwill will be all star finally this year and i think coaches will choose him too but he is just not good enough nor popular to be one o its starter yet