PDA

View Full Version : Al Jefferson & Kevin Love

$ NyC $
12-24-2009, 06:30 AM
Now i don't have the stats or what not, but lately i have noticed that ever since Kevin Love has returned, Al Jefferson has been playing better. Kevin Love is a league leader in rebounds and his range and passing seems to be helping Jeffersons game. What do you guys think? If any1 has any statistics feel free to post.

69centers
12-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Add an all star and a veteran and this team's in the playoffs. They've got some talent, but they are all so young without any veteran leadership.

LanceUpperCut
12-24-2009, 03:04 PM
I don't have any stats but I love LOVES game and Al and him seem to mesh well. They could have a bright future but it's hard to see that duo doing any better than a first maybe second round exit in the playoffs. Not this year of course but in the future.

VCaintdead17
12-24-2009, 03:12 PM
I think that they will probably eventually become the best Center/Power Forward duo in the league. The only players I can see challenging them for that is Blake Griffin and Chris Kaman.

Chronz
12-24-2009, 03:18 PM
I think its a coincidence bro, Al J was playing REALLY bad, at some point you would expect some regression to the mean, especially when you coupled that with the fact that he was coming back from a huge layoff. That said I think you may be on to something. Its a small sample, Al J only played with Love about a third of his overall playing time.

In those minutes(662) Big Al shot better from the field (FG%.501), got more shots off, and on a per minute basis he got to the line and scored more as a result, he turns the ball over less, he even rebounds better. About the only thing that didnt go above his regular season rates were his assists.

Hawkeye15
12-24-2009, 07:23 PM
exactly right Chronz. Jefferson started slowly due in injury, and being crowded. Love opens the floor, gets open looks for AJ, and everyone else, and when you have the best rebounder in the league fighting next to you, it gets you more motivated to board

WSU Tony
12-24-2009, 07:36 PM
I agree with the "small sample size" comment. I'd like to see this continue for an extended period before I draw any conclusions.

Kakaroach
12-24-2009, 10:01 PM
They have looked very good together so far, but lets wait a full season before any serious evaluation.

RocketsRule
12-24-2009, 10:07 PM
I think its a coincidence bro, Al J was playing REALLY bad, at some point you would expect some regression to the mean, especially when you coupled that with the fact that he was coming back from a huge layoff. That said I think you may be on to something. Its a small sample, Al J only played with Love about a third of his overall playing time.

In those minutes(662) Big Al shot better from the field (FG%.501), got more shots off, and on a per minute basis he got to the line and scored more as a result, he turns the ball over less, he even rebounds better. About the only thing that didnt go above his regular season rates were his assists.

This. They've played few games together, we need to see them play together more before we evaluate further.

MGB
12-24-2009, 10:17 PM

I think you hit the nail on the head. Loves ability to stretch the floor on the opposing big man and his nimbleness for a 4 gets Al better shots. Love really reminds me of a young Brad Miller who can probably be even better.

ChongInc.
12-24-2009, 10:21 PM
They need a sg this draft, and they need to get rubio!

Phat Pat 94
12-24-2009, 10:50 PM
were definitely on pace to become good with those 2. If we get someone in this years super free agent pool, we can be really good. maybe

Flynn/Rubio
Joe Johnson/ Corey Brewer
Ebanks/Gomes
Love
Al Jeff/Jawai

Toenail Clipper
12-24-2009, 10:52 PM
were definitely on pace to become good with those 2. If we get someone in this years super free agent pool, we can be really good. maybe

Flynn/Rubio
Joe Johnson/ Corey Brewer
Ebanks/Gomes
Love
Al Jeff/Jawai

I love your sig

NWA_GUY
12-25-2009, 01:21 AM
This is indeed a killer combo!

Phat Pat 94
12-25-2009, 12:35 PM
I love your sig

lol thanks man.

runforrestrunx9
12-25-2009, 12:47 PM
add rubio 2 that team and ur lookin at even more open looks, man a core of rubio, love, and jeff would be great... add another FA and ur lookin at a contender in the future