PDA

View Full Version : Blazers Will Be Forced To Acquire A Center

Fresno
12-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Oden is out for the season.
Pryzbilla is out for the season.

They called up Anthony Tolliver from the NBDL but hes only 6'8 and is more a PF.

There is no way they can make the Playoffs with Aldridge being forced to move over to Center and Juwan Howard rotating with Cunningham at PF.

Will they trade Andre Miller?

pd7631
12-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Would they want Elton Brand?

Maybe they could go with a lineup of:

PG-Andre Miller or Steve Blake
SG-Brandon Roy
SF-Martell Webster
PF-Elton Brand
C-Lamarcus Aldridge

Raph12
12-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Marcin Gortat and Brandon Bass for Lamarcus Aldridge :D

aNYer
12-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Yes, they will try and move Miller for a center.
EDIT: Gortat for miller makes sense to me. Miller can be their back up point and Gortat gets to play like he has been asking.

madiaz3
12-23-2009, 03:36 PM
welcome to portland eddy curry

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Joel Anthony and James Jones for Steve Blake.

That would be huge for the Heat. Chalmers is not a starting PG, he'll be nasty off the bench though.

kntresistheheat
12-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Maybe in a three team deal, with the blazer landing a camby or bigz???

Raps18-19 Champ
12-23-2009, 03:39 PM
I can see Gortat there.

Chronz
12-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Eddy Curry wouldnt be too bad but hes just as injury prone, how about an Andre Miller for Dalembert trade? Reunion in Philly

Chronz
12-23-2009, 03:40 PM
I can see Gortat there.
For who?

madiaz3
12-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Nah Curry isn't really quite injury prone these days he's just the boy who is having trouble fitting in at school :(

But he's lost weight and is in need of some fresh surroundings!

carter15
12-23-2009, 03:43 PM
^ That's the question, I'm sure the Magic wouldn't mind dealing Gortat, but we have no use for Miller. We'd prob need a backup center back and something to make it worthwhile. Not sure exactly what the deal could be...

Raps18-19 Champ
12-23-2009, 03:47 PM
For who?

I was thinking Miller but I remembered that Nelson came back and I don't really know the Magic and Blazers roster enough to make a trade.

But I like your idea of Dalembert for Miller.

76ers wouldn't have a C though.

Carey
12-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Gortat is a base compensation player, which means they can only bring back half his salary in a trade(about 2.8 million)

pd7631
12-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Eddy Curry wouldnt be too bad but hes just as injury prone, how about an Andre Miller for Dalembert trade? Reunion in Philly

As much as I love Andre Miller and despise Samuel Dalembert......a swap of Dalembert for Miller would be horrible!

We already have Allen Iverson, Lou Williams, Jrue Holiday, Willie Green, and Royal Ivey playing both the 1 and 2. Adding another guard is the last thing we need. Plus, Sam is our anchor defensively.....but he kills us on offense.

Sam will be much more valuable next season when his contract is an expiring one, so trading him for an aging overpaid PG who still has 2 years remaining on his contract after this season, MAKES NO SENSE!

If they want to take Elton Brand off our hands, then I'd be fine with that. Hell, they could even have Thaddeus Young if that's what it would take for them to want EB. I'd do anything to get his contract off our team. Same goes for Andre Iguodala.

Lo Porto
12-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Andre Miller and Juwan Howard's expiring for Curry and the max cash allowed seems really fair. Curry needs the change of scenery and Portland desperately needs a center. Getting rid of Andre Miller would be a good move for Portland.

The Knicks won't get much from Andre, but at least they'd save a little money for next summer.

rhymeratic
12-23-2009, 03:59 PM
No, what portland needs to do is NOT make a deal this year. I'd honestly, give up on the year and tank and take a shot at getting John Wall etc. They still have their pick this year and if it means packaging Bayless and their pick to get Wall, I'd do it.

Southsideheat
12-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Blazers get: Brad Miller, Kirk Hinrich, John Salmons, James Johnson

Bulls get: Darius Miles, Travis Outlaw, Steve Blake, Joel Prsybilla, Martel Webster

Bruno
12-23-2009, 04:04 PM
Camby?

Fresno
12-23-2009, 04:14 PM
No, what portland needs to do is NOT make a deal this year. I'd honestly, give up on the year and tank and take a shot at getting John Wall etc. They still have their pick this year and if it means packaging Bayless and their pick to get Wall, I'd do it.

Be quiet Knick fan.

Cubsfan365
12-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Aaron Gray for Bayless hahaha

Fresno
12-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Blazers get: Brad Miller, Kirk Hinrich, John Salmons, James Johnson

Bulls get: Darius Miles, Travis Outlaw, Steve Blake, Joel Prsybilla, Martel Webster

Darius Miles does not play for Portland anymore.
Travis Outlaw can't be traded due to being out for 3-5 months.
Joel Pryzbilla can't be traded due to being out for 6 months+.

Chicago would be stupid to make that deal. Even if you're a Blazers fan its still a bad deal.

zamudio_jorge
12-23-2009, 04:18 PM
what about a trade with wizards
miller for blatche and stevenson
miller for haywood and future second round pick or just haywood

a miller
arenas
butler
jamison
haywood or blatche

blake
roy
webster
aldridge
haywood or blatche

Fresno
12-23-2009, 04:23 PM
There are some mediocre C's available in Free Agency:
Calvin Booth
Robert Swift
Jake Voskhul
Mark Blount

Thats if they cant find a taker for Andre Miller.

Ray_R
12-23-2009, 04:23 PM
can see GOrtat but i just dont know what will the blazers would offer outside of Miller. It would be intresting to see how this unfolds.

Fresno
12-23-2009, 04:25 PM
what about a trade with wizards
miller for blatche and stevenson
miller for haywood and future second round pick or just haywood

a miller
arenas
butler
jamison
haywood or blatche

blake
roy
webster
aldridge
haywood or blatche

The Wizards dont need another PG. They signed Earl Boykins to solve that problem and hes played pretty well.

No way Blatche gets moved. He has a small salary and is only 23 but shows flashes of his potential every once in awhile.

blastmasta26
12-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Curry+Jeffries for Miller+expirings. This would be a great deal for both teams. Knicks would get a capable PG and more cap space during the offseason while the Blazers will get Curry and Jeffries, two players who are pretty much garbage.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-23-2009, 04:27 PM
welcome to portland eddy curry

i don't think so

the last thing that portland needs is another injury prone player

maybe andre miller+filler fot troy murphy

Pierzynski4Prez
12-23-2009, 04:43 PM
lol at any team even considering Eddy Curry. Please. A- his contract is horrendous. And B-is he even playing? He is worthless until next year, when his contract is an expiring contract.

VCaintdead17
12-23-2009, 04:51 PM
For who?

Andre Miller.

Orlando would be so stacked with a bench of Miller, Pietrus, Barnes, Bass and Anderson. Plus Reddick.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Curry+Jeffries for Miller+expirings. This would be a great deal for both teams. Knicks would get a capable PG and more cap space during the offseason while the Blazers will get Curry and Jeffries, two players who are pretty much garbage.

How this would be a great deal for both teams, if portland gets two garbage players like you said:confused:

Pierzynski4Prez
12-23-2009, 04:58 PM
^x2

seriously, come on NY people, NOBODY is just going to take Jeffries and Curry off your hands for a couple of expirings.

goblazers7
12-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Possible trade? knicks, portland, rockets?

Portland gets battier curry, possible future 2nd round pick via knicks?

Knicks gets miller pendergraph and future 2nd round pic via portland

Houston gets jefferies, and max cash and future 1st round pic via portland.

xwashableclothx
12-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Portland Gets: Kurt Thomas, Carlos Delfino

Houston Gets: Andre Miller, Michael Redd

Milwaukee Gets: Tracy Mcgrady

Chronz
12-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Andre Miller.

Orlando would be so stacked with a bench of Miller, Pietrus, Barnes, Bass and Anderson. Plus Reddick.

I suppose he would be an upgrade on Rafer and they made it to the finals with him last year.

black1605
12-23-2009, 06:56 PM
they can have Diop for free

SirCalvin81
12-23-2009, 07:32 PM
they can have kwame brown

bigsams50
12-23-2009, 07:40 PM
they can have diop for free

x1000000000000000000000000000

GodsSon
12-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Nesterovic + 1st for Bayless

asandhu23
12-23-2009, 07:52 PM
Pull a Warriors, Portland. Go Small.

NY4YA
12-23-2009, 08:02 PM
How this would be a great deal for both teams, if portland gets two garbage players like you said:confused:

umm i think it was a joke.

Paulliwali
12-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Portland Gets: Kurt Thomas, Carlos Delfino

Houston Gets: Andre Miller, Michael Redd

Milwaukee Gets: Tracy Mcgrady

As a rocket fan, no

McGrady is not going to get traded for michael redd, they are basically the same injured prone SG. and we not necessarily need andre miller when we have brooks, lowery

limebalz05
12-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Kwame Brown is still in NBA. I also saw someone post Gadzuric. I can't believe both of those players are still in the league.

hahahha

Spurred1
12-23-2009, 08:27 PM
Gortat might want to pack his bags. But if he gets traded, who serves as Howard's backup?

homestarunner93
12-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Anything for DeSagana Diop.

SeoulBeatz
12-23-2009, 08:40 PM
I was thinking Miller but I remembered that Nelson came back and I don't really know the Magic and Blazers roster enough to make a trade.

But I like your idea of Dalembert for Miller.

76ers wouldn't have a C though.

This trade wouldnt make sense because the sixers didnt want miller back and we have Lou Will, Jrue, Iverson, Green, and Ivey running point already, one more would be ridiculous.

although i would love to ship sammy out to them for ANYTHING besides Miller, so no go i guess lol. ****.

Tblaze
12-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Think Bass could be the one most available

Spurred1
12-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Bass really doesn't play center, though. He's a PF.

Tblaze
12-23-2009, 09:08 PM
Bass really doesn't play center, though. He's a PF.

True that, however Bass could also be a valueble addition long term as the team was desperately looking for a decent backup for Aldridge this summer and although howard has played well he isn't the answer for coming seasons.
Add to that that I'm not sure portland is really going to look for a true center instead of just a big guy. You can go a long way by playing smallball, and less people in the middle will only benefit roy's game (look at the games he's played after Oden's injury).

Spurred1
12-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Bass will work hard-well, he did in Dallas. I don't know how he's done in Orlando. Magic fans can address that part. He'd do fine backing up LA-he just wanted more playing time than he was getting in Dallas.
Portland seems to know what they're doing, so I'm assuming they'll pick up someone that will fit the bill. I just thought maybe Gortat more than Bass.
Terrible situation overall for Portland, though.

FlakeyFool
12-23-2009, 09:43 PM
gortat or bass would be a nice addition for the blazEEEEEEE

blazerman
12-25-2009, 03:10 AM

Wow what a deal, we can really have that tub of shite Eddy Curry and JJ too.

The only people that would like that are the owners of crispy cream donuts,Wenchell's and Dunkin donuts and maybe a few distribution ctrs that deal in food in tonage.

Apophis
12-25-2009, 03:23 AM
I think Curry or Jeffries will be the new Portland Center...They'll Prolly package Jeffries with Nate or Curry with Nate for ??????

blazerman
12-25-2009, 03:24 AM
Pull a Warriors, Portland. Go Small.

Good thinking, because most of these trade offers could be considered theft in a criminal setting. I mean Eddie all u can eat Curry and JJ for Miller and expirings.

Small ball can be effective sometimes, the Warriors have whooped up on the Blazers a few times by going small. Kevin Pritchard isnt a fool so Im not worried about what trade if any he will make.

I love this thread though and it is always fun to read guys trade ideas regradless if they are reasonable or not.

nbafan244
12-25-2009, 03:28 AM
Gortat please.... for Blake...and outlaw...

blazerman
12-25-2009, 03:52 AM
I think Curry or Jeffries will be the new Portland Center...They'll Prolly package Jeffries with Nate or Curry with Nate for ??????

Portland has no need for N8 and would rather go small than adding a slob like Curry guaranteed.

The Blazers may do a Hill/Jeffries for Blake /Outlaw but that is still doubtful. Lee is the only guy the Blazers really want out of NY and nobody is really in panic mode ayway in Portland, sometimes you have to roll with the punches and it's not like we were gonna win the title this yr so I dont see any reason to hand over any good talent unless it's for a worthwhile player, Curry and JJ are stiffs and are not the answer.

If the Blazers didnt make the playoffs itwouldnt be the end of the world especially with all the injuries, plus we'd just add a much better player through the draft and Blazer fans like the way KP drafts. Problem is Portland is still too good not to make the playoffs but an early exit is likely but they still get some more playoff experience so whatever happens all will workout.

joe j.09
12-25-2009, 03:57 AM
watch a knick game jeffries is no stiff hes one of the top 10 or 15 best defenders in the league and thats extremly valuable for a playoff team. He would fit in very nice on a team like portland.

blah-blah
12-25-2009, 04:15 AM
Gortat please.... for Blake...and outlaw...

u serious?

Toenail Clipper
12-25-2009, 04:24 AM
Marcus Camby for Brandon Roy
:D

blazerman
12-25-2009, 04:37 AM
watch a knick game jeffries is no stiff hes one of the top 10 or 15 best defenders in the league and thats extremly valuable for a playoff team. He would fit in very nice on a team like portland.

Actually I wouldnt be apposed to the Blazers acquiring him as long as Hill was or somebody else of value because JJ by himself would never happen because he doesnt do enough to warrant the contract he carries, everybody knows that.

I should edit my last post, JJ isnt a stiff but he is way overpaid for his talent level and wouldnt be worth what the Blazers would have to send to the knicks in return, basically he wouldnt be the guy the Blazers would target, he'd be the guy the Blazers would have to take to get the guy they want.

blazerman
12-25-2009, 04:41 AM
Marcus Camby for Brandon Roy
:D

I think the Blazers would do that deal right after this deal is completed- Blake Griffin/Eric Gordon and the Clippers next 3 first rd picks for Steve Blake/Travis Outlaw and 3late 2nd rd picks.