PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 PG you have seen play.

Hellcrooner
12-23-2009, 08:53 AM
remember no youtube, no nba classic tv, players you have actually seen play live in the court or live in tv.

5 Marc Price: He was a guard in the Nash or stockton mold, he was not outstanding on D but was certanly better than Nash at it and thats why he gets the nod, also an incredible shooter and a great person pity injuries trapled his careee.

4 Isiaih Thomas: HIs gm career has been a hughe fiasco but he was outstanding s a player, i laugh everytime i read tha tiverson is the " best short guard ever" come on, ai is ridiculous compared to this man, he had the scoring ability but also was good with pasing and involving teamates, he had the will and the bad *** defense and he WON titles.

3 John Stockton, posible the best pure pg ever, and the best passing skills ever.
Also he was the true heart of the jazz .

2 Jason Kidd: The poor mans magic, a little shorter, a little worst scorer but stll good defender and a man that could turn a team around magically just by hgis presece,

1 Magic Johnson: Best pg ever and GOAT in my opinion, i was lucky enough to watch him live in Barcelona Olympics with the dream team, tre may be anoter larry, tehy may be another mj but there wont be another 6,9 Poing guard tht makes whats best for his team always even if it means his stats shining a little less.

Raph12
12-23-2009, 12:14 PM
1. Magic
2. Kidd
3. Stockton
4. Isiah
5. Payton

Lakersfan2483
12-23-2009, 03:15 PM
1. Magic Johnson (Greatest point guard of all time, created "showtime")
2. Isaiah Thomas
3. John Stockton
4. Gary Payton
5. Jason Kidd

Honorable mention: Kevin Johnson (a lot of people forget just how good he was), Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Prime Penny Hardaway, Tim Hardaway

Toenail Clipper
12-23-2009, 03:25 PM
1. Steve Nash
2. Gilbert Arenas
3. Baron Davis
4. Allen Iverson (If Gilbert Arenas is a PG, why can't he be)
5. Derek Fisher

JordansBulls
12-23-2009, 03:28 PM
1. Magic Johnson
2. Isiah Thomas
3. Gary Payton
4. John Stockton
5. Penny Hardaway

Honorable Mentions: Kevin Johnson, Tim Hardaway, Jason Kidd, Walt Frazier, Mark Price

Randy West
12-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Magic Johnson
John Stockton
Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Walt Frazier and Maurice Cheeks as well.......you almost have to put one of those guys in over Kidd imo.

nrvana
12-23-2009, 03:42 PM
i loved kevin johnson -- was my favorite player growing up and i was fortunate to see him a few times when the suns came to dallas.

watching kidd is like watching clockwork.. he runs the team, doesn't do anything real flashy anymore given that he's 36.. but once he's on the bench though-- you see the offense go from clockwork to TRAINWRECK in a hurry.

i've also seen nash (mavs), lebron (i'm counting him as a PG because he does everything for the cavs), tony parker, and cp3.

i've gone to a lot of mavs vs spurs games in dallas and must say that tony parker and tim duncan are absolute machines.

i want to see deron williams, and i'm for sure going to see brandon jennings in january.. and i'd also like to see kobe and durant play sometime either this season or in the near future.

my goal is to eventually get season tickets once i go from broke college student to entry level worker which should be this spring!

ny212
12-23-2009, 03:49 PM
penny
iverson
kidd
peyton
stockton

Lakersfan2483
12-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Prior to his injury, Penny Hardaway was exciting to watch. He had a great feel for the game and had his own swagger. He could take over a game during crunch time, he had great court vision and was a good defender. He was a great point guard, it's just to bad injuries had to mess his career up.

cheerio
12-23-2009, 04:03 PM
For some reason I like Stockton, seemed to be more of a team player and not all about scoring all the points

nico916
12-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Seeing them in person it would have to be
1.Mike Bibby
2.Chris Paul
3.Tyreke Evans
4.Nate Robinson(he was unstoppable when I saw him)
5.Spud and Bobby Jackson
if I could put a 6th it would have to be Avery Johnson. I have seen more PG play in person but they were all wack.

Hellcrooner
12-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Magic Johnson
John Stockton
Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Walt Frazier and Maurice Cheeks as well.......you almost have to put one of those guys in over Kidd imo.
are you 50 or something? did you really see frazier?

i barely remember seing cheeks play

boriquaabe
12-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Isiah
running rod strickland
Magic
Stockton
Nash
Kenny anderson

Randy West
12-23-2009, 07:08 PM
are you 50 or something? did you really see frazier?

i barely remember seing cheeks play

Not quite but getting close

If I remember correctly it was 77-78 or maybe 78-79 in San Antonio when he was with the Cavs.

Not the height of his career but memorable none the less. I can remember my father telling me he was one of the best to lace them up at one point.