PDA

View Full Version : Are you a 2009-2010 Zach Randolph supporter?

DitchDat
12-23-2009, 06:08 AM
Over the last 3 games, he is averaging 30.3 PPG, 19.3 RPG and 2.7 APG, the Grizz have won those three games. For the season, he is averaging 19.6/11/2, well above his career numbers.
He is also havin a drama-free season (so far) and I'm really liking this 09-10 version of Z-Bo.

Are we waiting for things to turn sour or is he is gonna flat-out put in a great year?

Hellcrooner
12-23-2009, 06:19 AM
no he still has no defense and he is being the same bll hog he ever was.

BUT he is rebounding better getting involved a bit better into passing game and has had no offcourt trouble.

i not a fan but respect his effort, i think having mayo, gay and marc gasol they need completely oposite kind of pf toughh one that deffendes like hell and does not rewquire the ball at all

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-23-2009, 10:26 AM
he's playing at a high level and memphis is winning

hope he keeps it up

BALLER71
12-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Zach Randolph has never sucked. Man is a flat out beast but he needs to straighten out his attitude and pass the ball more.

Kakaroach
12-23-2009, 12:08 PM
So far he's been doing well to stay out of trouble, but he'll have to go through a full season blowing up for me to say he's a good player to have on a team.

Hustla23
12-23-2009, 12:11 PM
I've always been a fan of Zach.

I think in the past he used to be insanely ball dominant and wary of playing defense but after he came to the Knicks, he changed my perception of him.

Prior to being traded he was passing at a very respectable rate and he put an admirable amount of effort into defense on the other end.

His offensive ability and rebounding cannot be questioned.

He's still only around 27 or 28 so I think he can continue to improve his game for the better.

Raph12
12-23-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm waiting for it to go wrong, because eventually he will go on a cold spell and then his hogging will affect the Grizz's success which will cause teammates to revolt.

Bulls_fan90
12-25-2009, 03:58 AM
Fan . Dosen't get the respect he deserves around the league.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438079

Toenail Clipper
12-25-2009, 04:03 AM
always have been, i dont know why clippers traded the man.

JasonJohnHorn
12-25-2009, 09:33 AM
I'm actually a fan of Zach and I don't understand all the hate he gets. Portland dumps him for a huge contract they just buy out, then New York uses him as trade bait, the Clippers dump him for a shooting guard (which made sense since they needed a shooting guard and had a back-log in the front court, but then they just traded QR to the T-wolves?!?!?!). Straight up the guy is a 20-10 player and that is nothing to hate on. Is his defence as strong as Duncan or Garnett? Hell no, but he isn't getting paid as much as either and as far as defence goes he does honest work even if he isnt as talented in that department. does he pass? No, not really, because when the ball gets dumped into him it to get a basket. Teams know that. He's like Yao Ming or Moses Malone, when the ball get dropped into him, its so he can work in a high percentage shot. I would be an even bigger fan if he passed the ball (last year in game where he got 4+ assists the Knicks actually had a higher winning percentage), and a bigger fan even still if he was dominant on defence, but he busts his *** off on the boards and has a great post game which is more than I can say for some power forward in the league. The only reason people really take issue with him I think is because of his contract, Portland gave him a big deal before they should have and that has followed him around.

20-1o player helping to make the Griz a competative team? Yeah, he's having a great season!

Kakaroach
12-25-2009, 02:16 PM
always have been, i dont know why clippers traded the man. So Blake Griffin could get more playing time. I still think we have to see a full season of Zach before we crown him as a model citizen though.

blazerman
12-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Aside from from the passing he is having a very good yr and Memphis seems to be ok with him and that's what counts so good for Zach.

ManRam
12-25-2009, 04:33 PM
I'll jump on the bandwagon. I've always hate Z-Bo, but he is definitely having a great year. The defense still isn't great, but no one ever complains for some other offensive only big men (Amare, Bosh, Dirk etc.).

He's shooting above 50% which is key for him. He's double his block rate this year (still very low). He's 20th in PER ahead of other bigs like Garnett, Boozer, Lee, Lopez, Marc, Bynum, Horford etc. He's sixth in rebounding (15th in rate).

Until he magically learns to defend or shoot a higher percentage (50% no bad for a guy who creates shots as well as he does), he wont be a star. But he's a big reason why I can see Memphis finishing above .500.

Gideon
12-25-2009, 04:36 PM
Always liked him and think he deserves more respect. He is older and more mature now, when he was with the Knicks I thought he was great and sad to see him go, although I understood cause of their plan. He is an offensive and rebounding beast! He gets steals, but isn't much of a shotblocker. I think he is not nearly as much of a ball hog as his reputation would lead one to believe. Overall, the guy is 28 years old an automatic 20-10 guy whose defense can still improve considering his age, so why he isn't given more credit is bewildering to me!

Tony_Starks
12-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Big fan. He's 20 and 10 practically every time he steps on the floor. You'd like to see more blocks and assists but its very hard to scoff at his offensive numbers.

I'd love to see him on a team like the Hawks or the Bulls who could use a low post threat.

Giaps
12-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Zach hasn't been a problem since Portland. Cut him some slack.

ldc62
12-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Hes a 20 10 guy, but Im not a fan of how he gets 20. He doesn't always make the best decisions.

mzgrizz
12-25-2009, 11:53 PM
BIG fan of his; he's playing terrific ball and he's NOT a ball hog! In fact, after the last home game, he was one of the last players to leave the court after his interview and got his second huge round of applause. We love Z-Bo here in Memphis!

THE MTL
12-26-2009, 01:31 AM
I been a Zach supporter since he was a Knick

runforrestrunx9
12-26-2009, 01:44 AM
hes dirty