PDA

View Full Version : Pryzbilla joins Oden among ranks of Blazers' injured bigs

DenButsu
12-22-2009, 11:27 PM
STEIN_LINE_HQ (http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ/status/6951529365)

Unreal CONT: Blazers say Pryzbilla has suffered a ruptured right patella tendon and a dislocation of the patella. Unreal

Bad news just keeps getting worse for Portland. Horrible luck.

DenButsu
12-22-2009, 11:32 PM
As far as I have seen reported, nothing is confirmed yet (I'd imagine it's too early to know for sure). But...

-------------------------------------------

STEIN_LINE_HQ (http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ/status/6952113539)

RT @Nightmare187: Out for season? (BLAZERS ONLY SAYING PRZYBILLA OUT INDEFINITELY BUT DON'T HAVE TO BE A DOC TO KNOW IT DOESN'T SOUND GOOD)

Shady66
12-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Thats awful. I feel bad for this team, with all these freak injuries. Is Aldridge gonna start Center now?

DenButsu
12-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Thats awful. I feel bad for this team, with all these freak injuries. Is Aldridge gonna start Center now?

I would assume so. I think he'd be the only guy left who's taller than 6'9" or so.

dsickich123
12-22-2009, 11:38 PM
Blazers miss playoffs this year?

DenButsu
12-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Just watched the video at nba.com... yikes!

dsickich123
12-22-2009, 11:41 PM
If aldridge gets injured...they are done...

KH12
12-22-2009, 11:43 PM
Brad Miller is more than available, as is Tyrus Thomas.

NYKnicks4511
12-22-2009, 11:44 PM
Eddy Curry please stand up.

ManRam
12-22-2009, 11:48 PM
He's done for the year...if that injury is what it reportedly is.

Such a bummer for the Blazers. So much potential, and it just isn't gonna all come to fruition this year.

Hustla23
12-22-2009, 11:51 PM
That fall looked horrible....

Blehh.... don't watch it if you've just had lunch, it is horrifying.

I feel bad for Joel and the Blazers.

I don't think it's in their best interest to make a brash move for front court help and deal away one of their young, valuable pieces ( Rudy, Bayless, Batum ), but I would be more than willing to offer Lee + Jeffries for expirings :shrug:

Stunner
12-22-2009, 11:51 PM
trade with the bulls.

VIP1349
12-22-2009, 11:53 PM
Good lord, the first injury to Blazers it was like sweet easier on us. Now I am start to feel bad for the team, sure they'll be looking for somebody on the trade wire.

Juwan Howard it's your time to shine!

ManRam
12-22-2009, 11:55 PM
They gotta ship Andre Miller out now for a big. They have to.

And that fall was gruesome. I feel real bad for Joel.

DenButsu
12-22-2009, 11:57 PM
Joel Przybilla (knee) likely out for the season

And it donít stop, and it wonít stop for the Portland Trail Blazers. Already racked by injuries to Travis Outlaw, Nic Batum, Greg Oden, Rudy Fernandez and Patty Mills, the Blazers have likely lost starting center Joel Przybilla for the rest of the campaign.

In the first quarter of tonightís game at Dallas, Przybilla got tangled up with Erick Dampier and left the game after hurting his knee. Later on, it was reported that Przybilla suffered a ruptured patella tendon and dislocated patella, basically a worse injury than the one Oden suffered a couple weeks ago.

LaMarcus Aldridge is playing center for the time being, Juwan Howard is getting major PT, and the Blazers have had to dust off rookie PF Jeff Pendergraph ó who hadnít played a minute all year before tonight. One of the deepest teams in the NBA going into the season, the Blazersí depth has been stretched beyond the limit; without a true center or a natural rebounder on the roster, unless they can pick somebody up in a trade, it will be tough for them to advance in the playoffs.dime magazine (http://dimemag.com/2009/12/joel-przybilla-knee-likely-out-for-the-season/)

theimortalone
12-23-2009, 12:05 AM
Bayless for Robin Lopez! :D

I fell really bad for the Blazers.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-23-2009, 12:10 AM

juwan howard maybe:shrug:

TheKing23
12-23-2009, 12:19 AM
:ouch:

Nasty fall, your knee isn't meant to go that far back...

This years Blazers must be the most injury plagued team of all time... Talk about bad luck.

RaptorsFanatic
12-23-2009, 12:42 AM
Juwan howard loooooooooooollllllllllll!!!!!!! Lets go baby!!!

KeithLBC
12-23-2009, 01:21 AM
I think this might finally be the year that the Lakers beat the Blazers in Portland :hide:

I feel horribly for Portland fans, so much talent and potential wasted to injuries.

jetsfan28
12-23-2009, 01:44 AM
I would say they should play Aldridge at center and start running more, so they can start Bayless at the 2, but they have no one else really to put at PF. That team has just been decimated.

Lakersfan2483
12-23-2009, 02:28 AM
Wow you have to feel for Portland fans, they have been decimated by injuries this year. It's unfortunate to hear so many of their key players are going down due to injury as I was looking forward to seeing the Lakers matchup with them.

Jurgen
12-23-2009, 04:24 AM
wow.. was watching the sad Beavers loss so missed Blazers at Dallas.. just heard that Pryz is out for season.. ??? First Oden, now this.. how bad will it get...Can we trade Miller for another centre?

I hope KP doesn't make a panic trade.. cause I like most of our team but we do need a centre pronto. Ideas?

IBleedPurple
12-23-2009, 06:01 AM
Wow, something in the water in Portland.

blazerman
12-23-2009, 08:26 AM
Blake/Outlaw and a 1st for DLee (still get their expirings and a 1st, since they dont have a pick)

Blake/Outlaw/2nd for Haslem/Cook (Miami definitely needs a pg and good really use a guy like Outlaw off the bench)

Miller/Outlaw for Haslem/Aroyo/1st Starting PG and a really good 6th man for the Heat, both would help this season, Playoffs and help make a FA's decision much easier when they know the Heat will have a real distributator.

Lee(PF/ctr) or Haslem(PF) would allow the Blazers to play faster and either would fill a serious need beyond this season.

Not much out there at the ctr position that is cheap or that expires after this season, Robin Lopez could be had for cheap, maybe he's an option but really I'd rather have one of the other two guys because they are much better and the Blazers have a need for them in the future.

Plus Pendergragh just came off the injury list, thankfully and got some minutes against Dallas. So I imagine he will get some minutes as well.

No need to feel bad for Blazer fans, injuries happen and you just gotta roll with the punches. I know this team wont quit nor will it finish as high as originally planned but valuable experience in an adverse situation for the young Blazers nonetheless and a higher pick if no playoffs but that wont happen.

Tblaze
12-23-2009, 10:09 AM
It's amazing, we lost all these players and still continue to play very well. Says something about the quality of our total roster.. However Dallas wasn't able to exploit the severe lack of height because they only have a jumpshooting pf and a C with no moves.. but we will have a tough time against teams with more inside presence.

Still got an awesome win against dallas in the end, and without the ******** reffing, it wouldn't even have been close.

nycericanguy
12-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Blake/Outlaw and a 1st for DLee (still get their expirings and a 1st, since they dont have a pick)

Blake/Outlaw/2nd for Haslem/Cook (Miami definitely needs a pg and good really use a guy like Outlaw off the bench)

Miller/Outlaw for Haslem/Aroyo/1st Starting PG and a really good 6th man for the Heat, both would help this season, Playoffs and help make a FA's decision much easier when they know the Heat will have a real distributator.

Lee(PF/ctr) or Haslem(PF) would allow the Blazers to play faster and either would fill a serious need beyond this season.

Not much out there at the ctr position that is cheap or that expires after this season, Robin Lopez could be had for cheap, maybe he's an option but really I'd rather have one of the other two guys because they are much better and the Blazers have a need for them in the future.

Plus Pendergragh just came off the injury list, thankfully and got some minutes against Dallas. So I imagine he will get some minutes as well.

No need to feel bad for Blazer fans, injuries happen and you just gotta roll with the punches. I know this team wont quit nor will it finish as high as originally planned but valuable experience in an adverse situation for the young Blazers nonetheless and a higher pick if no playoffs but that wont happen.

come on, You want NY to GIVE you Lee for like the 20th pick?

Bob_at_york
12-23-2009, 10:33 AM
Raps can offer one of our bench bigs for a 2nd round pick. I would like to make a run at Bayless but probably don't have the package.

raptor fan
12-23-2009, 10:43 AM
andre miller and 2 second rounders to the magic for gortat and anthony johnson

blazerman
12-23-2009, 12:22 PM
come on, You want NY to GIVE you Lee for like the 20th pick?

Well, I know that the Knicks dont want any salary so I just through it out there, if it was up to me I'd give them 2 1st rd pick, the expirings and Kopenon and Freeland (overseas talent) and Kopenon is a 6'4 1/2 pg that has some skills and range. Should've already been here last yr.

But you're right DLee is worth alot more, I really wasnt trying to undervalue him but I could'nt think of a good deal for him.

blazerman
12-23-2009, 12:30 PM
andre miller and 2 second rounders to the magic for gortat and anthony johnson

Not a bad trade at all considering we have a need for a big and he would fit the slower pace the Blazers play. Ive never been a fan of AJ but at the same time never against him either.

Good trade idea

Kakaroach
12-23-2009, 01:28 PM
:ouch: That stinks for the Blazers, now they really need a big man. I guess as a division opponent I should be happy.

DirtyJersey22
12-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Josh Boone and Jarvis Hayes for Steve Blake and Jeff Pendergraph.

Jumba
12-23-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm going to say that there is a Northwest Division curse.

Denver the previous year
Utah last year
Portland this year

Who's next?

LovatoLover
12-23-2009, 02:35 PM
good out of desperation they should trade picks and expirings for elton brand and sammy dalembert

blazerman
12-25-2009, 02:50 AM
I'm going to say that there is a Northwest Division curse.

Denver the previous year
Utah last year
Portland this year

Who's next?

That is weird now that you mention it, hopefully no team has to go through this crap next yr.