PDA

View Full Version : Wich Players do you think are already a LOCK for HOF

Hellcrooner
12-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Remmeber is BASKETBALLS hall of fame not NBA HOF so like it o not FIba career counts as much as nba career.
Im also asking who has already done enough the dwights, roses etc still have to prove so

Ncaa gounts too, people like kc jones were taken into hof basing on ncaa career, im a bit lost on that any players not doing that good in nba that wre monsters hthtere?

IMO:

KG: perehial allstar, champion, one of the best ever at position.

Pierce: Ring winer as leader.

Allen Iverson: I dont like the guy and think is overhyped but his scoring titles will get him tehre.

Dwayne Wade, Redeem team and Champion as a leader.

Shaq: Best c in a loooooongggg time rings, mvps etc etc

Lebron: Redeem team led lousy team to finals.

Duncan: best player of the decade best pf ever.

Manu Ginobili: 3 ring winner and LEAD argentina to OLYMPIC GOLD.

DIrk: SOlid franchise for mavs lead them to finals and Mvp.

Kidd: Best pg for more than a decade, led a losy team to back to back finals

KObe: DO i need to tell why?

Pau: Roy First playoffs for lousy franchise, World cup winner, eurobasket winner, olympic silver, Rings etc etc

Nash: Two time Mvp.

BIllups: Led Detroit to a ring

Gibby23
12-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Remmeber is BASKETBALLS hall of fame not NBA HOF so like it o not FIba career counts as much as nba career.
Im also asking who has already done enough the dwights, roses etc still have to prove so

IMO:

Allen Iverson: I dont like the guy and think is overhyped but his scoring titles will get him tehre.

Pau: Roy First playoffs for lousy franchise, World cup winner, eurobasket winner, olympic silver, Rings etc etc

All the guys in bold are a lock. Pau will make it if the Lakers can get 2 or 3more rings.

Hellcrooner
12-22-2009, 12:26 PM
^ you are aware that there are euro players in the hof with worst fiba resumes than pau or manu and who NEVEr played a minute in nba dont you?

Gibby23
12-22-2009, 12:27 PM
^ you are aware that there are euro players in the hof with worst fiba resumes than pau and who NEVEr played a minute in nba dont you?

Who?

black1605
12-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Drazen Dalipagic

Hellcrooner
12-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Who?
COACHES:
Antonio Diaz Miguel, Alexander Ogmelsky, Aza NIkolic, Alessandro Gamba, Pedro Ferandiz, Boris Stanckovic,

Players:Sergei Belov, Ulkana semenova(woman),Kresimir cosic, Dratzen petrovid, Dino Meneghin, Drazen, Dalipaglic,

Hellcrooner
12-22-2009, 12:33 PM
petrovic played in nba bit his career wa snot betters than manu or pau.

Gibby23
12-22-2009, 12:35 PM
petrovic played in nba bit his career wa snot betters than manu or pau.

I remember him, I was about 8 or 9. He was the guy that played for the Nets and passed away while he was still in his prime, right?

theuuord
Yeah Pau is a no doubt Hall of Famer. You listed most of the definite locks, I don't think Billups is a lock based on voting record although IMO there should be no doubt he's a first-ballot.

I think Tony Parker is also a lock if you consider the big 3 of the Spurs as a collective unit.

Hellcrooner
yes, he would have been as good or better than pau, manu and dirk tough if he didnt die.

theuuord
12-22-2009, 12:36 PM
I remember him, I was about 8 or 9. He was the guy that played for the Nets and passed away while he was still in his prime, right?

yup, that's drazen. sad story.

LanceUpperCut
12-22-2009, 12:46 PM
How the **** is Pau a lock, I hope to hell not.

Hellcrooner
12-22-2009, 12:52 PM
^youll be disapointed then.

Raph12
12-22-2009, 12:59 PM

Ncaa gounts too, people like kc jones were taken into hof basing on ncaa career, im a bit lost on that any players not doing that good in nba that wre monsters hthtere?

IMO:

Remove Billups and you got yourself a list.

mikantsass
12-22-2009, 01:11 PM

IMO:

All are locks minus Billups

Hellcrooner
12-22-2009, 01:19 PM
i dnt now, billups was the main course in pistons rng and has made better each team he has gone to.

Raph12
12-22-2009, 01:38 PM
i dnt now, billups was the main course in pistons rng and has made better each team he has gone to.

Without Rip they fail, without Prince they fail, without Sheed they fail, without Ben they fail... it was a team effort.

Billups is a great pg, but not a lock for the HOF, maybe in an extremely weak class.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-22-2009, 01:42 PM
for god sake remove billups from that list

Lakersfan2483
12-22-2009, 01:44 PM

IMO:

1st ballot hall of famers: Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Shaquille O'neal, Kevin Garnett, Allen Iverson, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Dirk Nowitzki

Guys that will get in after the players above are Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Pau Gasol (international success and NBA success), Chauncey Billups, Vince Carter (look at his numbers and career avgs and you will see why), Tony Parker

On the bubble: Grant Hill (college and nba), Ben Wallace, Manu Ginobli (success in both the NBA and international league),

Guys that are still young but are definite locks are Lebron James, Dwight Howard, Dwayne Wade, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Carmelo Anthony

Hellcrooner
12-22-2009, 01:47 PM
young players are never locks i mean ever heard of career ending or lowering injurys¿

Lakersfan2483
12-22-2009, 01:50 PM
young players are never locks i mean ever heard of career ending or lowering injurys¿

If Lebron and Wade retired today, they would be in the Hall of Fame. I am confident in the rest of the guys staying healthy and making it.

Ray_R
12-22-2009, 01:53 PM
1st ballot hall of famers: Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Shaquille O'neal, Kevin Garnett, Allen Iverson, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Dirk Nowitzki

Guys that will get in after the players above are Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Pau Gasol (international success and NBA success), Chauncey Billups, Vince Carter (look at his numbers and career avgs and you will see why), Tony Parker

On the bubble: Grant Hill (college and nba), Ben Wallace, Manu Ginobli (success in both the NBA and international league),

Guys that are still young but are definite locks are Lebron James, Dwight Howard, Dwayne Wade, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Carmelo Anthony

:clap: You saved me alot of time.^^^This!

Hellcrooner
12-22-2009, 01:55 PM
lebron and wade have already done enough.

but paul, howard, melo, granger, etc etc,

well ive seen hardaway, grant hill, marc price, brad daugherty,bernard king, roy trpley, len bias, jeff rulland etc etc go down to injury, drugs or whatever before.

theuuord
12-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Without Rip they fail, without Prince they fail, without Sheed they fail, without Ben they fail... it was a team effort.

Billups is a great pg, but not a lock for the HOF, maybe in an extremely weak class.

Billups was the bona fide leader of that team effort though. They came together around him. He was one of the rare cases this decade (ever, really) that a team was led to the championship by their point guard. It's entirely possible he doesn't make the Hall - in fact I think it's likely - but based on his career value he most certainly deserves it.

GodsSon
12-22-2009, 02:00 PM
i dont see how anyone can consider Pierce a lock...the guy was nothing more then a scorer prior to KG's arrival...wins one ring and a finals MVP and is a HOF lock?...i'll pass

Hellcrooner
12-22-2009, 02:02 PM
^he almost took celts to a finals when his second option was anchuker walker and his third option was eric williams.

Raph12
12-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Billups was the bona fide leader of that team effort though. They came together around him. He was one of the rare cases this decade (ever, really) that a team was led to the championship by their point guard. It's entirely possible he doesn't make the Hall - in fact I think it's likely - but based on his career value he most certainly deserves it.

Not over some of the other guys listed... plus this is the Bball HOF, not the NBA HOF, so international success counts just as much as NBA success does.

theuuord
12-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Not over some of the other guys listed... plus this is the Bball HOF, not the NBA HOF, so international success counts just as much as NBA success does.

Well Billups is one of those guys who doesn't have really impressive NBA surface stats, so just looking at his career resume - 15 points, 5+ assists per game, 41% from the field - don't scream HOF at all. Digging deeper though you can see his outstanding true value. Hopefully as the game starts to progress more towards advanced statistical models, down the road Billups's true value will be looked at in conjunction with his playoff resume and it gives him a push in.

I agree though, he's not a lock. It's just if it was my decision, he would be.

Lakersfan2483
12-22-2009, 02:06 PM

well ive seen hardaway, grant hill, marc price, brad daugherty,bernard king, roy trpley, len bias, jeff rulland etc etc go down to injury, drugs or whatever before.

I never put Granger on my list. I had Melo, D. Williams, CP3 and Howard on my list. As I stated, I am confident all of those guys will make it.

GodsSon
12-22-2009, 02:08 PM
^he almost took celts to a finals when his second option was anchuker walker and his third option was eric williams.

"almost" doesnt cut it in sports though, and Antoine wasnt that bad back in the day (albeit being a chucker)...apart from that one ring in 2008, which was a product of the KG/Allen addition, Pierce had a similar career to VC; and i dont consider VC a HOFer

Raph12
12-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Well Billups is one of those guys who doesn't have really impressive NBA surface stats, so just looking at his career resume - 15 points, 5+ assists per game, 41% from the field - don't scream HOF at all. Digging deeper though you can see his outstanding true value. Hopefully as the game starts to progress more towards advanced statistical models, down the road Billups's true value will be looked at in conjunction with his playoff resume and it gives him a push in.

Fair enough.

theuuord
12-22-2009, 02:09 PM
"almost" doesnt cut it in sports though, and Antoine wasnt that bad back in the day (albeit being a chucker)...

oh man, he was. he really, really was. He may have been the worst player ever to carry an offensive load of his magnitude.

apart from that one ring in 2008, which was a product of the KG/Allen addition, Pierce had a similar career to VC; and i dont consider VC a HOFer

You should.

Lakersfan2483
12-22-2009, 02:10 PM

As you stated in your post, Billups' value goes beyond numbers. I think he should get in, he's not a first ballot hall of famer, but he should get in.

ARMIN12NBA
12-22-2009, 02:10 PM
How the **** is Pau a lock, I hope to hell not.

There is a Basketball HOF, not an NBA HOF. That is why Pau makes it in easily. His accomplishments in International basketball combined with NBA makes him a lock for the Basketball HOF.

Hellcrooner
12-22-2009, 02:11 PM
^ttheres a tonie part II on the make his name is rudy gay

da wood
12-22-2009, 02:12 PM

I MUST AGREE HERE. i like the list based on who we think will get in but based on what they have done right now. you bet your bottom dollar that lebron isn't a hall of famer yet. wade could get in off of what he has accomplished already (title). but hes not a lock for that one. pau is a lock even if he never won an nba title he would be a lock just based off his international resume. billups not a lock sorry i might get in but hes not a lock yet. manu will get in but hes not a lock for first time. but over all good list.

theuuord
12-22-2009, 02:13 PM
^ttheres a tonie part II on the make his name is rudy gay

I know you love Marc and everything and you're mad he doesn't get enough shots, but Rudy Gay is so much better than Antoine Walker at pretty much everything in the world short of looking like a turtle that the two aren't even comparable.

da wood
12-22-2009, 02:13 PM
There is a Basketball HOF, not an NBA HOF. That is why Pau makes it in easily. His accomplishments in International basketball combined with NBA makes him a lock for the Basketball HOF.

i must agree there

Hellcrooner
12-22-2009, 02:14 PM
I know you love Marc and everything and you're mad he doesn't get enough shots, but Rudy Gay is so much better than Antoine Walker at pretty much everything in the world short of looking like a turtle that the two aren't even comparable. ive seen enough memphis game to tell you OJ and Marc should be the ones taking the shots.

GodsSon
12-22-2009, 02:16 PM
You should.

why? VC has really accomplished nothing in his career except being popular for his dunking ability...ROY award, 2 All-NBA selections (2nd and 3rd team), and 8 ASG's...0 scoring titles, 0 MVP's, 0 DPOY's, 0 All-NBA 1st team selections, 0 rings...how does that warrant a place in the HOF?...the closest he came to reaching another level was the shot he "almost" made in game 7 of the 01 playoffs against the sixers

theuuord
12-22-2009, 02:16 PM
ive seen enough memphis game to tell you OJ and Marc should be the ones taking the shots.

I've seen three or four games. Mayo and Gay's shooting numbers are nearly identical when all things are considered. Gay is a fine scorer. Not unbelievable, but certainly good.

theuuord
12-22-2009, 02:18 PM
why? VC has really accomplished nothing in his career except being popular for his dunking ability...ROY award, 2 All-NBA selections (2nd and 3rd team), and 8 ASG's...0 scoring titles, 0 MVP's, 0 DPOY's, 0 All-NBA 1st team selections, 0 rings...how does that warrant a place in the HOF?...the closest he came to reaching another level was the shot he "almost" made in game 7 of the 01 playoffs against the sixers

This is the biggest flaw with voting. That people try to boil down player value to eight or nine awards that are essentially popularity contests.

Vince has had a Hall of Fame worthy career regardless of what crap he has been surrounded with and regardless if he never dunked in his entire career.

da wood
12-22-2009, 02:21 PM
This is the biggest flaw with voting. That people try to boil down player value to eight or nine awards that are essentially popularity contests.

Vince has had a Hall of Fame worthy career regardless of what crap he has been surrounded with and regardless if he never dunked in his entire career.

you think so. he may evenntually get in but by no means is he a shoe in much less a first time hall of famer.

Lakersfan2483
12-22-2009, 02:24 PM
VC is not a 1st ballot hall of famer, but he will get in. His numbers, all star appearances and career avgs. are enough to get him in.

theuuord
12-22-2009, 02:25 PM
you think so. he may evenntually get in but by no means is he a shoe in much less a first time hall of famer.

I didn't say he would be a first-ballot Hall of Famer (although I always thought of that as a weird concept in the first place), I said he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. which is true.

Hellcrooner
12-22-2009, 02:36 PM
I've seen three or four games. Mayo and Gay's shooting numbers are nearly identical when all things are considered. Gay is a fine scorer. Not unbelievable, but certainly good.

gay has the ball, there is two palyers covering him, he cant shoot in any proper maner, he has the passing line open and there are two open teamates uncovered he takes the shot ALWAYS.

in the same situation mayo will pass the ball 3 of each 5 times.

JasonJohnHorn
12-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Your list is tight. All those guys are deserving in my book. Ray Allen, Ben Wallace, Mutumbo, Tony Parker, Sheed, and Yao should all be locks too.

I think Lamar Odom will be deserving even if his states don't match up, and the same goes with Horry.

I think Carmello should be able to get in. Horford, Howard, Rose, D-Williams, CP3 and Durant will all have a good shot, though obviously each is very early in their careers.

Vince Carter and T-Mac may make the cut, though I'm not goign to be pulling for them.

Strumpy
12-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Just out of curiosity what do you guys think of Ray Allen? Will he get in?

Hellcrooner
12-22-2009, 03:26 PM
has a chance just as tony parker