PDA

View Full Version : What are the top 10 teams in the NBA today?

basketball20001
12-21-2009, 06:07 PM
"NBA Primetime’s previous Top 10 Power Rankings list the Lakers and Magic on top, but since then the Celtics have moved into the top alongside of the LA Lakers.

NBA Primetime presents to you the third installment of the Top 10 NBA teams Power Rankings.

1. Los Angeles Lakers (22-4)

Aside from having the best record in the league the Lakers are currently on the best win streak, winning each of their last four contests. Although they have played the majority of games at home, LA has just completed a five game road stretch coming up with four victories.

2. Boston Celtics (21-5)

The Celtics own the best road record in the NBA with a highly impressive 12-1 record. Coming off of an 11 game winning streak, Boston has only lost one game in the month of December. With a healthy roster the Celtics could remain on top of the East for weeks to come.

3. Orlando Magic (20-7)

After falling to the Heat for the Magic’s worst loss of the season Orlando will look to recapture the first seed with the return of All-Star point-guard Jameer Nelson. With a healthy roster (for the first time in ages) the Magic have the talent and depth to shoot back up as one of the Top 2 teams in the league.

4. Atlanta Hawks (19-7)

The Hawks rank fourth in the league in scoring at 105.3 PPG. After suffering a nail-biting loss to the Bulls in overtime Atlanta will look to capture their 20th win on the season against the Timberwolves in Minnesota.

5. Dallas Mavericks (20-8)

The Mavericks have been one of the most impressive teams on the season with big victories against the Lakers, Suns, and Cavaliers. Against Cleveland the Mavericks were without their star Dirk Nowitzki in which they still were able to come out victorious.

6. Phoenix Suns (18-9)

The Suns remain as the only team in the NBA to have an undefeated home record at 10-0. Not to mention that they also have played the most road games (17) in the league. If Phoenix can finish the month of December strong (facing up against LA, Cleveland, and Boston) there rankings can absolutely sky-rocket.

7. Cleveland Cavaliers (20-8)

The Cavaliers have won 8 games in December, with close victories against Portland (104-99), Philadelphia (108-101), and Milwaukee (85-82). The Grizzlies managed to beat Cleveland in overtime and the Mavericks came up with a win against LeBron and Co without Dirk playing on the court.

8. Denver Nuggets (19-9)

Although the Nuggets hold the second best home record in the league (12-1), they have fallen short on the road during the past two games against Memphis and New Orleans putting their road record at 7-8. Once Billups returns to the lineup the Nuggets should be able to steadily improve on their overall record.

9. Houston Rockets (16-11)

For a team playing without their two superstars (minus McGrady’s four game return), the Rockets are off to a fantastic start to the season. With big wins against Los Angeles, Cleveland, and Dallas, and the drastic improvement of Trevor Ariza and Carl Landry, the Rockets have an excellent chance to make the playoffs if all goes well.

10. Portland Trail Blazers (17-12)

Since losing starting center Greg Oden the Blazers have a combined 5-4 record, with impressive wins against Houston and Phoenix. With trade rumors circulating about dealing away point-guard Andre Miller, Portland will have to place all their focus on the court if the want to remain in the Top 10 rankings."

http://*****************/2009/12/21/los-angeles-lakers-boston-celtics-king-of-the-crop-in-nba-rankings.html

asandhu23
12-21-2009, 06:21 PM
:sigh: not Warriors.

Toenail Clipper
12-21-2009, 06:25 PM
They clearly made a typo on the first one, it should say Los Angeles Clippers. But what can you do.

Raph12
12-21-2009, 06:25 PM
"NBA Primetime’s previous Top 10 Power Rankings list the Lakers and Magic on top, but since then the Celtics have moved into the top alongside of the LA Lakers.

NBA Primetime presents to you the third installment of the Top 10 NBA teams Power Rankings.

1. Los Angeles Lakers (22-4)

Aside from having the best record in the league the Lakers are currently on the best win streak, winning each of their last four contests. Although they have played the majority of games at home, LA has just completed a five game road stretch coming up with four victories.

2. Boston Celtics (21-5)

The Celtics own the best road record in the NBA with a highly impressive 12-1 record. Coming off of an 11 game winning streak, Boston has only lost one game in the month of December. With a healthy roster the Celtics could remain on top of the East for weeks to come.

3. Orlando Magic (20-7)

After falling to the Heat for the Magic’s worst loss of the season Orlando will look to recapture the first seed with the return of All-Star point-guard Jameer Nelson. With a healthy roster (for the first time in ages) the Magic have the talent and depth to shoot back up as one of the Top 2 teams in the league.

4. Atlanta Hawks (19-7)

The Hawks rank fourth in the league in scoring at 105.3 PPG. After suffering a nail-biting loss to the Bulls in overtime Atlanta will look to capture their 20th win on the season against the Timberwolves in Minnesota.

5. Dallas Mavericks (20-8)

The Mavericks have been one of the most impressive teams on the season with big victories against the Lakers, Suns, and Cavaliers. Against Cleveland the Mavericks were without their star Dirk Nowitzki in which they still were able to come out victorious.

6. Phoenix Suns (18-9)

The Suns remain as the only team in the NBA to have an undefeated home record at 10-0. Not to mention that they also have played the most road games (17) in the league. If Phoenix can finish the month of December strong (facing up against LA, Cleveland, and Boston) there rankings can absolutely sky-rocket.

7. Cleveland Cavaliers (20-8)

The Cavaliers have won 8 games in December, with close victories against Portland (104-99), Philadelphia (108-101), and Milwaukee (85-82). The Grizzlies managed to beat Cleveland in overtime and the Mavericks came up with a win against LeBron and Co without Dirk playing on the court.

8. Denver Nuggets (19-9)

Although the Nuggets hold the second best home record in the league (12-1), they have fallen short on the road during the past two games against Memphis and New Orleans putting their road record at 7-8. Once Billups returns to the lineup the Nuggets should be able to steadily improve on their overall record.

9. Houston Rockets (16-11)

For a team playing without their two superstars (minus McGrady’s four game return), the Rockets are off to a fantastic start to the season. With big wins against Los Angeles, Cleveland, and Dallas, and the drastic improvement of Trevor Ariza and Carl Landry, the Rockets have an excellent chance to make the playoffs if all goes well.

10. Portland Trail Blazers (17-12)

Since losing starting center Greg Oden the Blazers have a combined 5-4 record, with impressive wins against Houston and Phoenix. With trade rumors circulating about dealing away point-guard Andre Miller, Portland will have to place all their focus on the court if the want to remain in the Top 10 rankings."

http://*****************/2009/12/21/los-angeles-lakers-boston-celtics-king-of-the-crop-in-nba-rankings.html

Mine would look a bit more like this:

1. Lakers
2. Celtics
3. Magic
4. Mavericks (with Nowitzki healthy)
5. Hawks
6. Cavaliers
7. Nuggets
8. Suns
9. Jazz
10. Spurs

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-21-2009, 07:05 PM
They clearly made a typo on the first one, it should say Los Angeles Clippers. But what can you do.

:laugh:

sunnydayin'zona
12-21-2009, 08:36 PM

awwh poor guy, he's a clippers fan. just let him be

cheetos185
12-21-2009, 08:57 PM
1) Lakers
2) Celtics
3) Hawks
4) Mavs
5) Magic
6) Nuggets
7) Cavs
8) Rockets
9) Spurs
10) Suns

asandhu23
12-21-2009, 08:58 PM
awwh poor guy, he's a clippers fan. just let him be

hey man it takes guts to be a clippers fan and a warriors fan ( me ) when our teams are the laughing stock of the NBA.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-21-2009, 09:02 PM
hey man it takes guts to be a clippers fan and a warriors fan ( me ) when our teams are the laughing stock of the NBA.

Why you removed your awesome sig lol?

Toenail Clipper
12-21-2009, 09:10 PM

high five!
we're not gonna be mocked in the future though, once we get Blake Griffin back and you guys get a real post presence, we'll be ruling the west.

Shady66
12-21-2009, 09:14 PM
I think the magic are overrated right now. I read that their only 5-6 against teams over 500.

TheWatcher34
12-21-2009, 09:18 PM
high five!
we're not gonna be mocked in the future though, once we get Blake Griffin back and you guys get a real post presence, we'll be ruling the west.

i hope they will take over the staples center.

asandhu23
12-21-2009, 09:44 PM
high five!

see i have this certain level of respect for fans of teams like detroit lions, cleveland browns, clippers, grizzlies, raptors that can never be gained by fans of lakers, celtics or what people would call big market teams ( except for knicks, their fans have suffered long enough ).

btw toenail clipper, i seriously think clippers should think about moving back to San Diego to get away from the shadow of Lakers. you are welcome in the bay area but soon enough, the Kings will be moving over to San Jose and having 3 nba teams in the bay = disaster. the other big city? San Diego.

Raph12
12-21-2009, 11:40 PM
I think the magic are overrated right now. I read that their only 5-6 against teams over 500.

I think the Suns are overrated, I heard that the Magic whooped em by 22 in Orlando without Carter, Lewis or Anderson. :rolleyes:

Mavrix
12-21-2009, 11:54 PM
Lakers
Celtics
Magic
Mavs
Hawks
Cavs
Nuggets
Suns
Spurs
Jazz

Mavrix
12-21-2009, 11:55 PM
I think with a fully healthy team Dallas is better than Orlando...I really can't wait til they play.

smuffins353
12-21-2009, 11:59 PM
1. Lakers
2. Celtics
3. Magic
4. Nuggets
5. Cavs
6. Hawks
7. Rockets
8. Spurs
9. Phoenix
10. Spurs

Mavrix
12-22-2009, 12:01 AM
1. Lakers
2. Celtics
3. Magic
4. Nuggets
5. Cavs
6. Hawks
7. Rockets
8. Spurs
9. Phoenix
10. SpursNo Mavs? lol.

Raph12
12-22-2009, 12:03 AM
I think with a fully healthy team Dallas is better than Orlando...I really can't wait til they play.

I'd love to see them matchup against one-another, hopefully Dirk returns before they play each other.

Mavrix
12-22-2009, 12:09 AM
I'd love to see them matchup against one-another, hopefully Dirk returns before they play each other.

He definately will, they don't play til Febuary 19th lol

Raph12
12-22-2009, 12:20 AM
He definately will, they don't play til Febuary 19th lol

NICE! Should be fun, then Dwight and Dirk can square off again in the ASG lol.

BlondeBomber41
12-22-2009, 02:43 AM
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Boston Celtics
3. Dallas Mavericks
4. Orlando Magic
5. Cleveland Cavaliers
6. Denver Nuggets
7. San Antonio Spurs
8. Atlanta Hawks
9. Phoenix Suns
10. Utah Jazz

I dont care about current records, I ranked them in order of who I think has the best chance at winning a championship or making noise in the playoffs.

basketball20001
12-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Last weeks NBA Top 10 rankings could be viewed by clicking here!

With one-third of the NBA season completed NBA Primetime presents the fourth installment of the Top 10 NBA teams Power Rankings.

1. Los Angeles Lakers (24-5) Last Week-1

Although the Lakers suffered a surprising Christmas upset to the Cleveland Cavaliers, they still remain with the best overall record in the league; but it’s evident that their bench needs improvement as well as their starting point-guard position.

2. Boston Celtics (23-6) Last Week-2

Even though the Celtics are coming off of a tough last second loss to the Los Angeles Clippers, they are currently 1-1 without Paul Pierce. More importantly, the victory came against the Magic in Orlando. The big and bad C’s still hold the best road record at 13-2.

3. Cleveland Cavaliers (24-8) Last Week-7

Since ranking seventh in last weeks power rankings the Cavaliers have managed to win four straight games, defeating Phoenix, Sacramento, and the Los Angeles Lakers on the road and Houston at the Q. Needless to say, LeBron is averaging a preposterous 28.8 PPG, 6.9 RPG, and 7.8 APG. When was the last time an NBA player did that?

4. Orlando Magic (22-8) Last Week-3

The Magic have yet to play a game since being defeated by the Celtics in their own arena. Many questions have risen after the loss on whether or not the Magic are strong enough to get past the Celtics in the future, but with a consistent healthy roster Orlando should be able to regain their confidence and build more chemistry.

5. Atlanta Hawks (21-8) Last Week-4

The Hawks currently rank fourth in the league in scoring (105.62 PPG) along with the second best opponent points differential (+ 8.03), only trailing the Celtics. After a disappointing 20-point loss to the Denver Nuggets, Atlanta came out firing against the lowly Indiana Pacers. With such a stacked starting five plus sixth-man Jamal Crawford, the Hawks are in for a surprise season.

6. Dallas Mavericks (22-9) Last Week-5

The Mavericks came out and defeated the Nuggets by 8 after Nowitzki publicly came out and stated that he felt like he had to do it all by himself during their victory over the Grizzlies. With Josh Howard back in the lineup Dallas has compiled an impressive 7-2 record and quite honestly, they look stronger than ever.

7. Denver Nuggets (20-11) Last Week-8

The Nuggets have gone 1-3 without starting point-guard Chauncey Billups in the lineup and have now lost two straight games against Portland and Dallas. It’s clear that George Karl’s team is nothing without their star Billups on the court.

8. Portland Trail Blazers (20-12) Last Week-10

The Blazers have miraculously won each of their last four games against the Heat, Mavericks, Spurs, and Nuggets. Even with half of their roster injured Portland has managed to compile victories, but how long will it be until their injuries ultimately catch up to them?

9. Phoenix Suns (19-12) Last Week-6

After winning all but three games in the month of November, the Suns have (just as predicted), lost 9 of their 14 total games played in December. To add more salt to the wound, Phoenix faces up against both the Lakers and Celtics before the months end.

10. San Antonio Spurs (17-11) Last Week-

I believe this is the first time that the Spurs have managed to jump into the Top 10 this season. From an honest point of view, the Spurs will slowly work their way up into a top 5 contending team in the West in the matter of weeks.

http://*****************/2009/12/28/lakers-celtics-cavaliers-magic-ranking-the-nbas-top-10-teams.html

J_M_B
12-28-2009, 02:39 PM
1.Lakers
2.Celtics
3.Magic
4.Cavaliers
5.Hawks
6.Nuggets
7.Mavericks
8.Blazers
9.Spurs
10.Suns

TheKing23
12-28-2009, 03:03 PM
1. Lakers
2. Celtics
3. Cavs
4. Magic
5. Mavs
6. Hawks
7. Nuggets
8. Suns
9. Spurs
10. Blazers

barcafan1908
12-28-2009, 03:05 PM
1. Lakers
2. Celtics
3. Nuggets
4. Cavs
5. Orlando
6. Phoenix
7. Atlanta
8. Houston
9. Dallas
10. Miami
Honorable Mentions: Portland, Sacramento

barcafan1908
12-28-2009, 03:07 PM
And TheKing23...Kobe still better (35 pts, 8 ast, 9 rebs!)

Hawkeye15
12-28-2009, 03:08 PM
And TheKing23...Kobe still better (35 pts, 8 ast, 9 rebs!)

and the L. Which is all that really matters

barcafan1908
12-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Lakers are still #1 record wise. Who LeBron got? Shaq? Mo? Kobe got Pau, Lamar & Ron Ron. Bryant 4 MVP!!

Mavrix
12-28-2009, 04:56 PM
1. Lakers
2. Celtics
3. Magic
4. Mavericks
5. Cavs
6. Hawks
7. Nuggets
8. Blazers
9. Spurs
10. Suns

CBCable
12-28-2009, 06:00 PM
I don't mean to be a homer here...

But if Mavs beating the Lakers at the Staples Center, the Cavs without Dirk, and the Nuggets at pepsi center on the second night of a back to back, all with a 22-9 record and standing alone as the second seed in the West, doesn't get them Top 5 consideration, you people are crazy.

Mavrix
12-28-2009, 06:07 PM
I don't mean to be a homer here...

But if Mavs beating the Lakers at the Staples Center, the Cavs without Dirk, and the Nuggets at pepsi center on the second night of a back to back, all with a 22-9 record and standing alone as the second seed in the West, doesn't get them Top 5 consideration, you people are crazy.

Agreed, but they're just power rankings. The Cavs are way too high. Just wait til the playoffs. :)

TheKing23
12-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Agreed, but they're just power rankings. The Cavs are way too high. Just wait til the playoffs. :)

Really? Can you explain why the Cavs are too high? They have the third best record in the league and have just come off a demolishing of the Lakers...

The Lakers and the Celtics are the only two teams that deserve to be above them, no one else at this point.

ILLN355
12-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Mav fans make me laugh with their homer picks. lol

Mavrix
12-29-2009, 04:15 AM
Really? Can you explain why the Cavs are too high? They have the third best record in the league and have just come off a demolishing of the Lakers...

The Lakers and the Celtics are the only two teams that deserve to be above them, no one else at this point.

Dallas whooped the Cavs WITHOUT Nowitzki, get out of here. Just because you whooped LA, doesn't mean ****. They just got whooped by the Suns and got whooped early on in the season by Dallas.

Mavrix
12-29-2009, 04:16 AM
Mav fans make me laugh with their homer picks. lol

Yeah it's a homer pick when you're 2nd in the west and only 2.5 games back for first :facepalm:

Bashna
12-29-2009, 04:52 AM
Lakers
Boston
Cavs
Orlando
Mavs
Hawks
Denver
Phx
Portland
SA

TheKing23
12-29-2009, 04:53 AM
Dallas whooped the Cavs WITHOUT Nowitzki, get out of here. Just because you whooped LA, doesn't mean ****. They just got whooped by the Suns and got whooped early on in the season by Dallas.

Dude, there is no consistency in your posting at all...

"Just because you whooped LA, doesn't mean ****"... So why are you using the argument that "Dallas whooped the Cavs WITHOUT Nowitzki" for a reason when stating the Mavs should be above the Cavs? Because according to your reasoning, that doesn't mean ****...

You cannot judge the power rankings by head to head records otherwise the Clippers and Warriors would be above the Celtics. I mentioned the fact that the Cavs comfortably beat the Lakers because it shows how the team is starting to work together and gain some momentum, we've won 9 of our last 10 (with a record like that you could argue the Cavs should be above the Lakers and Celtics) and currently have the 3rd best record in the entire league.

There is not one legitimate, non biased reason for the Mavs being above the Cavs...

So pull your head out of your *** and stop being a homer.

Raph12
12-29-2009, 05:06 AM
1. Cleveland - I know this is a bold pick, but I had to go with LBJ and his surging Cavs (won 9 of last 10)

2. Los Angeles - Losing big games against the Cavs and Suns after a cakewalk schedule to start the season, puts this team in second for me

3. Orlando - A loss to a potential playoff threat is big and was considered, but not likely that they shoot 33% from the floor and 5 of 26 from the arc often

4. Boston - Back-to-back losses to the Clippers and Warriors holds me back from giving this team the nod over other contenders

5. Dallas - This team is put in fourth due to inconsistency, beating the Nuggets and Cavs (without Nowitzki), while losing to the Warriors, Cavs (with Nowitzki), Blazers, etc..

6. Atlanta - This week will be a make-or-break week for the Hawks, as they play the Cavs on back-to-backs

7. Denver - They seem lost without Billups, they are 1-5 since he's been out of the lineup with a groin strain

8. Phoenix - They have been too inconsistent to be taken seriously and since they play all offense and near no defense, it's no wonder why they could lose on any given night

9. San Antonio - They're 2-10 against teams above .500 and 15-1 against teams below .500, but with their core healthy they've won 5 of their last 6

10. Portland - So they beat the Heat, Mavs, Spurs and Nuggets only to lose to the Sixers, they may be the most impressive of the rest of the 21 teams in the league, but they don't look like it on many occasions

Mavrix
12-29-2009, 05:19 AM
Dude, there is no consistency in your posting at all...

"Just because you whooped LA, doesn't mean ****"... So why are you using the argument that "Dallas whooped the Cavs WITHOUT Nowitzki" for a reason when stating the Mavs should be above the Cavs? Because according to your reasoning, that doesn't mean ****...

You cannot judge the power rankings by head to head records otherwise the Clippers and Warriors would be above the Celtics. I mentioned the fact that the Cavs comfortably beat the Lakers because it shows how the team is starting to work together and gain some momentum, we've won 9 of our last 10 (with a record like that you could argue the Cavs should be above Lakers and Celtics) and currently have the 3rd best record in the entire league.

There is not one legitimate, non biased reason for the Mavs being above the Cavs...

So pull your head out of your *** and stop being a homer.

Because not only did Dallas beat the Cavs but they whooped the Lakers as well. Did you forget to read that part of the post or are you just amaurotic?

"You cannot judge the power rankings by head to head records otherwise the Clippers and Warriors would be above the Celtics"

Read what you just wrote. Read it clearly. You do realize you just made an idiotic statement, right? Of course the power rankings aren't based off head to head comparisons, it's based off the past week and how teams have performed through out the season leading up to the rankings. If Golden State or the Clippers played consistently well (better than Boston) and kept beating elite teams then of course they'd be ahead of the Celtics.

You're 9-1 in your last 10...which team did that loss come from? Mavs being 8-2 in their last 10 and arguably playing better teams in that stretch is pretty damn close to me. There is no legitamate reason why the Cavs should be 3 spots ahead of Dallas.

You're the ****ing homer.

st3voness
12-29-2009, 04:09 PM
The Mavs are better than the Cavs, period.

Lebron has too much trouble with our defense. So does Kobe, Wade, and Melo. Coincidence?

Enjoy your last decent season, Cleveland. Your star player is leaving you. :laugh2:

TheKing23
12-29-2009, 04:32 PM
The Mavs are better than the Cavs, period.

Lebron has too much trouble with our defense. So does Kobe, Wade, and Melo. Coincidence?

Enjoy your last decent season, Cleveland. Your star player is leaving you. :laugh2:

You're funny...

But seriously i'll tell you what's funny... The fact that the Mavs will never win a title with Dirk as their best player. So hilarious, yet saddening that all you delusional Mavs fans think otherwise

:cry: :laugh:

st3voness
12-29-2009, 04:33 PM
You're funny...

But seriously i'll tell you what's funny... The fact that the Mavs will never win a title with Dirk as their best player. So hilarious, yet saddening that all you delusional Mavs fans think otherwise

:cry: :laugh:

And Cleveland will not win one with the best player in the NBA... and this is their last season to try!

dev0
12-29-2009, 04:36 PM
1. Lakers
2. Magic
3. Cavs
4. Celtics
5. Spurs
6. Mavs
7. Hawks
8. Nugs
9. Suns
10. Heat/ Blazers toss-up

Mavrix
12-29-2009, 06:36 PM
This douchebag just ignored my post. Probably too busy riding Lebrons shlong.

TheKing23
12-29-2009, 06:55 PM
This douchebag just ignored my post. Probably too busy riding Lebrons shlong.

What's the point in arguing with you... Your head is so far up your *** you can't see the fact that you're one of the biggest homers on these forums.

Pull your head from out of your *** and take a look at everyone else's opinion and how they rank the teams currently... You see anyone else that has put Dallas ahead of Cleveland? NO

Now go over and have a look at NBA.com's power rankings...

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/powerrankings/12/28/week9/index.html#

Done that? Now go and have a look at Hollinger's power rankings (which are based even more loosely on week by week performances)

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

But OBVIOUSLY all these people are wrong... It's just a coincidence that they all say the same idiotic thing and have the Cavs wrongfully above the Mavs, isn't it??

:facepalm:

Mavrix
12-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Cavs aren't top 5, glad everyone sees that.

Mavrix
12-29-2009, 07:17 PM
What's the point in arguing with you... Your head is so far up your *** you can't see the fact that you're one of the biggest homers on these forums.

Pull your head from out of your *** and take a look at everyone else's opinion and how they rank the teams currently... You see anyone else that has put Dallas ahead of Cleveland? NO

Now go over and have a look at NBA.com's power rankings...

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/powerrankings/12/28/week9/index.html#

Done that? Now go and have a look at Hollinger's power rankings (which are based even more loosely on week by week performances)

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings
This thread was posted just a week ago:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438350

Take your head out of your ***, douche bag.
Look at everyones responses.
But OBVIOUSLY all these people are wrong... It's just a coincidence that they all say the same idiotic thing and have the Cavs wrongfully above the Mavs, isn't it??

:facepalm:

Mavrix
12-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Cavs aren't even top 5. Way too inconsistant.

Mavrix
12-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Btw good luck trying to beat the Hawks tonight, you're gonna need it.

TheKing23
12-29-2009, 07:36 PM

Yes, a week ago... Since then the Cavs have beaten Suns, Kings and Lakers all on the road and then the Rockets at home.

Cavs aren't even top 5. Way too inconsistant.

Yet they've won more games than the Mavs and lost less... :eyebrow:

Eagles4Lyfe
12-29-2009, 07:57 PM
wow mavs fans are becoming like the football giants fans, relax its power rankings use this as motivation or when your team actaully gets somewhere in the playoffs then call out everyone that didnt give them the credit when it was due but your overreacting now

Mavrix
12-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Yes, a week ago... Since then the Cavs have beaten Suns, Kings and Lakers all on the road and then the Rockets at home.

Do you know what the word consistant means? You guys are getting better but just the other week the Cavs were playing like ****. Get your head out of your loose *** kid.

Mavrix
12-29-2009, 08:05 PM
wow mavs fans are becoming like the football giants fans, relax its power rankings use this as motivation or when your team actaully gets somewhere in the playoffs then call out everyone that didnt give them the credit when it was due but your overreacting now

Where have the Cavs gone in the playoffs?

Mavrix
12-29-2009, 08:06 PM
I don't know of any time Dallas ever got swept in a playoff series, lmao.

BADizzleBoY
12-29-2009, 08:09 PM
I agree with these completely, the Lakers have been on a pace that not many other teams have been. Boston has really impressed me and without Rajon Rondo, they wouldn't be 25% of the team they are now. The Cavaliers could swap places with the Celtics and I would be okay with that. The king Lebron is living up to his nickname. Dwight Howard has been down this year statistically but I am not so high on the Magic as I was when they had Hedo. That Carter trade worsened them in my opinion. J-Smoove, Joe Johnson, and Jamal Crawford make for one of the best trios in all the league. The Mavericks can give all their credit to two people, Dirk and Terry. No more to be said. Denver is my dark horse team and I really feel that they will sneak up on people come playoff time, mostly due to the fact that they have the best scorer in the league on their team. (Yes I just said that.) Portland should be lower in my opinion, only because of how injury prone they have been. The Phoenix Suns really impressed me with their win last night over the Lakers and Amare has been stepping up huge for them along with their MVP Steve Nash. San Antonio has disappointed me so far, but none of this is TD's fault he has been playing the best basketball I have seen him play since early 2003.

ManRam
12-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Cavs are the best team in the NBA right now at this very moment.

Mavrix
12-29-2009, 08:13 PM

The Mavs have beat the Cavs (without Dirk), the Nuggets on the road and on the second night of a back to back, and a hot Grizzlies team.

Gtfo.

BADizzleBoY
12-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Cavs are the best team in the NBA right now at this very moment.

I wouldn't say the best but they are up there. I would have to put the Lakers in front of them and maybe the Celtics.

BADizzleBoY
12-29-2009, 08:14 PM
The Mavs have beat the Cavs (without Dirk), the Nuggets on the road and on the second night of a back to back, and a hot Grizzlies team.

Gtfo.

The Mavericks have impressed me man I'm not gonna lie, but where they are ranked is where they should be imo.

ManRam
12-29-2009, 08:24 PM
I wouldn't say the best but they are up there. I would have to put the Lakers in front of them and maybe the Celtics.

Right now, they're the best. They beat Phoenix by 18, Sacramento by 13, LAL by 15, Houston by 25 in their last 4. They've won 9 of their last 10, while the Lakers, Magic and Celtics have stumbled a bit. If they beat Atlanta tonight and tomorrow, there's no doubt they are playing the best basketball right now. I don't think they are the best team in the NBA when all is said and done, but if I made power rankings, I'd have them #1 right now.

1. Cleveland
2. LA
3. Boston
4. Orlando
5. Dallas

TheKing23
12-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Where have the Cavs gone in the playoffs?

I don't know of any time Dallas ever got swept in a playoff series, lmao.

Really... Did it have to come to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbn72J8ass4

The biggest embarrassment in NBA history :facepalm:

Now stfu and stop wasting my time.

ldc62
12-29-2009, 08:36 PM
and the L. Which is all that really matters

But the Championship... which is all that really matters

Slimsim
12-29-2009, 08:40 PM
1 Lakers
2 Celtics
3 Mavs
4 Orlando
5 Clevland
6 Hawks
7 Spurs
8 Denver
9 Phx
10 Jazz/Houston

Shady66
12-29-2009, 08:45 PM
As of right now..
1 Cavs
2 Lakers
3 Clevland
4 Celtics
5 Mavs
6 Hawks
7 Suns
8 Denver
9 Spurs
10 Rockets

uncleben989
12-29-2009, 08:54 PM

dont bother man, this guy is the definition of homer.
he knows nothing about basketball. he said the grizzlies have more
scoring weapons than the raptors :facepalm:

at the end of the day, CAVS>MAVS newways (objective fan talking)

Slimsim
12-29-2009, 09:23 PM
As of right now..
1 Cavs
2 Lakers
3 Clevland
4 Celtics
5 Mavs
6 Hawks
7 Suns
8 Denver
9 Spurs
10 Rockets

You said cavs Twice.

harm0n1x
12-29-2009, 09:35 PM

Gtfo.

dude, stfu.. wow. guess what happened to mavs when they played the cavs with dirk? they got smoked you ****ing ******.

http://www.nba.com/games/20091128/DALCLE/gameinfo.html#nbaGIboxscore

st3voness
12-29-2009, 10:22 PM
dude, stfu.. wow. guess what happened to mavs when they played the cavs with dirk? they got smoked you ****ing ******.

http://www.nba.com/games/20091128/DALCLE/gameinfo.html#nbaGIboxscore

No Josh Howard or Erick Dampier.

And if you say that doesn't make a difference, you know nothing about basketball.

Mavrix
12-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Right now, they're the best. They beat Phoenix by 18, Sacramento by 13, LAL by 15, Houston by 25 in their last 4. They've won 9 of their last 10, while the Lakers, Magic and Celtics have stumbled a bit. If they beat Atlanta tonight and tomorrow, there's no doubt they are playing the best basketball right now. I don't think they are the best team in the NBA when all is said and done, but if I made power rankings, I'd have them #1 right now.

1. Cleveland
2. LA
3. Boston
4. Orlando
5. Dallas

Dallas has beaten all of those teams. Houston (2 big blow outs), and LA by 14, not to mention the Cavs without Dirk, and just recently the Nuggets giving them only their second home loss of the season while holding them to just 96 points. Dallas has not yet played Boston or Orlando but both should be good games. I also can't wait for the January 3rd game in LA.

Mavrix
12-29-2009, 10:31 PM

Yeah a regular season game is so much more embarrasing then getting swept in the NBA finals. :facepalm:

Mavrix
12-29-2009, 10:32 PM
As of right now..
1 Cavs
2 Lakers
3 Clevland
4 Celtics
5 Mavs
6 Hawks
7 Suns
8 Denver
9 Spurs
10 Rockets

Lol at having Cavs at one and Cleveland at 3. hahaha.

Mavrix
12-29-2009, 10:36 PM
dont bother man, this guy is the definition of homer.
he knows nothing about basketball. he said the grizzlies have more
scoring weapons than the raptors :facepalm:

at the end of the day, CAVS>MAVS newways (objective fan talking)

Rudy Gay
OJ Mayo
Zach Randolph
Marc Gasol
Mike Conley

VS

Chris Bosh
Hedo Turkogulu
Andrea Bargnani
Jose Calderon
Jarret Jack

Yeah i'm pretty ****ing sure the Grizzlies have better scorers on their team.

harm0n1x
12-29-2009, 10:37 PM

And if you say that doesn't make a difference, you know nothing about basketball.

yeah i just caught that, my mistake lol :bang:

Mavrix
12-29-2009, 10:37 PM

Idiot's at their best.