Hellcrooner
12-21-2009, 04:29 PM
tim ducan close thread.

Hellcrooner
12-21-2009, 04:29 PM
duncan is the best pf EVER.

ManRam
12-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Duncan. If you vote for anyone else you are either delusional or a homer.

KG is second, and was an absolutely amazing player, but Timmy was just in a league of his own. Dirk is third, followed closely by C-Webb. Sheed is a way distant 5th. There are probably a fair amount of PFs better than him this decade.

Hellcrooner
12-21-2009, 04:33 PM
i can understand some votes for kg, because of the media hype and his big mouth personality vs the low profile of duncan,

but any one voting the choker sauer kraut is plainly delusional

Hellcrooner
12-21-2009, 04:34 PM
and sheed or webber being on the poll is just a joke, it shoudl be a two spots poll duncan and kg.

sorry but if sheed deserves there then pau deserves there too

drama1386
12-21-2009, 04:36 PM
duncan. close thread.

and it's not even close.

TheKing23
12-21-2009, 04:38 PM
i can understand some votes for kg, because of the media hype and his big mouth personality vs the low profile of duncan,

but any one voting the choker sauer kraut is plainly delusional

Racist much?

TheKing23
12-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Duncan is the best PF of all time so there is no competition.

macc
12-21-2009, 04:39 PM
I think it's def between Duncan and Garnett. I was gonna open up a thread similiar to this comparing the two but I don't think it's Duncan hands down. In Garnetts prime he was arguably the best player in the NBA at one point. Would Garnett of won some championships with the players Duncan had?

Once again I know Duncan has the rings and thats what we base greatness off of but given the same oppurtunities I think Garnett would of had just as many. He just chose to stick with a ****** team. He brought a T Wolves team to the finals with Cassel and Sprewell, granted both players are good but today I could name prob 4-6 teams that are better just this year alone. Garnett than got on with a contender in Boston with good help and look what happened, he got a ring and a great chance of getting another one or two in the next couple years as well.

If I was starting a franchise I would pick a prime Garnett over a prime Duncan. Might be alone in this though.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Where's the greatest PF in the world CB4?

Raph12
12-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Duncan and it's not very close

madiaz3
12-21-2009, 04:44 PM
I think it's def between Duncan and Garnett. I was gonna open up a thread similiar to this comparing the two but I don't think it's Duncan hands down. In Garnetts prime he was arguably the best player in the NBA at one point. Would Garnett of won some championships with the players Duncan had?

Once again I know Duncan has the rings and thats what we base greatness off of but given the same oppurtunities I think Garnett would of had just as many. He just chose to stick with a ****** team. He brought a T Wolves team to the finals with Cassel and Sprewell, granted both players are good but today I could name prob 4-6 teams that are better just this year alone. Garnett than got on with a contender in Boston with good help and look what happened, he got a ring and a great chance of getting another one for the next couple years still.

If I was starting a franchise I would pick a prime Garnett over a prime Duncan. Might be alone in this though.

If recieving so much money that all his FO can get him are **** players is the same thing as choosing to stay with a **** team then yeah that's what he did.

Burkey3472
12-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Timmmmmmmay.

theuuord
12-21-2009, 04:46 PM
If Tim is a PF and not a C, clearly him.

If not, KG.

DirkIsTheBest
12-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Dirk is the best PF ever.

Ray_R
12-21-2009, 04:48 PM
Duncan best PF in the History so far.

TheKing23
12-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Dirk is the best PF ever.

Yeah, those championships speak for themselves...

ManRam
12-21-2009, 04:55 PM

So does his defense.

macc
12-21-2009, 04:55 PM
If recieving so much money that all his FO can get him are **** players is the same thing as choosing to stay with a **** team then yeah that's what he did.

Not gonna disagree and alot of teams can say that's ther reason they're not contending, because of the money they are paying the top player on their team. With that being said he got the richest contract because at one time he was the best basketball player in the league. Tim Duncan can never say that he was. I just think if Garnett had Duncans players than he would have 3-5 rings himself. That's how good I think Garnett is/was in his prime.

DirkIsTheBest
12-21-2009, 04:59 PM

Dirk could win at least 5 championships if he had Robinson, Parker, Manu and S-Jax in his team.

bleedgreenwhite
12-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Duncan, he never gets the respect he deserves probably the greatest PF of all time we could speculate over what garnett could have done on the spurs but thats not what the threads about. The quiet guy with the rings takes it

goldenstater
12-21-2009, 05:05 PM
and sheed or webber being on the poll is just a joke, it shoudl be a two spots poll duncan and kg.

sorry but if sheed deserves there then pau deserves there too

i dont agree with that, do you remember how good sheed was with portland even before he got to the pistons? but i totally agree, its duncan and no one else. i love kg but duncan to me is one word.... WINNER. i actually think even more than the lakers the spurs are the team of the last 10 years.

goldenstater
12-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Dirk could win at least 5 championships if he had Robinson, Parker, Manu and S-Jax in his team.

ya? he had nash and very good players too? come on man Dirk is awesome we all know that, but he is not a better player than duncan. he is a better scorer but that is where it stops. not trying to call you a homer but ****.

Hellcrooner
12-21-2009, 05:17 PM
dirk is apf who cant rebound, cant hustle cant deffend and chokes at big moments that what he is.

probay one of the most overted dudes last decade

macc
12-21-2009, 05:24 PM
ya? he had nash and very good players too? come on man Dirk is awesome we all know that, but he is not a better player than duncan. he is a better scorer but that is where it stops. not trying to call you a homer but ****.

I agree. Dirk is great but to me you have to have both offense and defense, Dirk has never been somone that's going to scare anyone defensivly. That's why he's out of this convo imo.

TheKing23
12-21-2009, 05:26 PM

:facepalm:

Look at the players that he's had on his team... Michael Finley, Steve Nash, Antawn Jamison, Antoine Walker, Josh Howard, Jerry Stackhouse, Jason Terry, Jason Kidd.

If you can't win a title with those players on your team you never will...

floyd!!
12-21-2009, 05:28 PM
samaki walker.

Jack of Blades
12-21-2009, 05:29 PM
dirk is apf who cant rebound, cant hustle cant deffend and chokes at big moments that what he is.

probay one of the most overted dudes last decade

Do you even watch basketball? Dirk is as clutch as it gets :facepalm:

And learn how to ****ing type instead of throwing your elbows on the keyboard in hopes of making a coherent sentence because that's not working for ya.

Lakersfan2483
12-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Duncan

The Conductor
12-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Ruben Boumjte-Boumjte

bctgg27
12-21-2009, 05:38 PM
tim ducan close thread.

exactly

Hawkeye15
12-21-2009, 05:45 PM
I mean, KG is my favorite player of all time, and I think if he and Duncan switched spots, this would be a argument for who is #2 behind KG. Fact is, its so easily Duncan, this thread is a bust

Hawkeye15
12-21-2009, 05:46 PM
to anyone stating that if this player or that player had the help Duncan did, they would win countless rings, blah, blah, blah. What if's are fun, right? Fact is, Tim Duncan led 4 teams to a championship ring, something nobody else in the NBA right now has done. He is the greatest PF to ever play, let alone simply the past decade.

69centers
12-21-2009, 05:58 PM

I'm glad he won them all by himself and there wasn't 14 other guys wearing Spurs uniforms beside him. Sorry, but interchange KG and Duncan and KG has the same amount of rings as Tim. Also, I'm not so sure Duncan on the 2007/2008 Celtics would have been an automatic ring, as Duncan is not the leader KG became and defensive spokesperson who took an entire team under his wing.

Judging them by rings alone is silly.

Duncan 2 league MVPS, KG 1
KG DPOY 1, Duncan 0

It's close, but all the people saying Duncan and that it's not even close, should not be posting anywhere having anything to do with the NBA.

I say KG, but it's a very close call. Also, I say if their careers were interchanged, KG would have the same 4 as Duncan, but Duncan wouldn't have any and wouldn't have gotten one in Boston. He also wouldn't have taken the Wolves as far as KG could muster. Tim had some great players around him (including a David Robinson to start his career with) and in no way can bring others to another level like KG does. KG came into the league a baby and made a team his own, taking it as far as possible with no names around him.

macc
12-21-2009, 06:03 PM
to anyone stating that if this player or that player had the help Duncan did, they would win countless rings, blah, blah, blah. What if's are fun, right? Fact is, Tim Duncan led 4 teams to a championship ring, something nobody else in the NBA right now has done. He is the greatest PF to ever play, let alone simply the past decade.

So if championships are the only logic you're using then we could say that Bill Russel, John Havlicek are better players then Michael Jordan right? They all have rings but Jordan doesn't have as many so he must not be as great.

69centers
12-21-2009, 06:07 PM
So if championships are the only logic you're using then we could say that Bill Russel, John Havlicek are better players then Michael Jordan right? They all have rings but Jordan doesn't have as many so he must not be as great.

Exactly, everyone is so automatic to pick Tim because of the rings, but their career stats are extremely close, with the big advantage with KG is the assists, averaging over 1 full assist per game in his career than Tim. People also seem to forget about KG:

He's the only player in NBA history to:

Average at least 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 5 assists per game for 6 consecutive seasons. (19992005)

Average at least 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 4 assists per game for 9 consecutive seasons. (19982007)

Reach at least 20,000 points, 11,000 rebounds, 4,000 assists, 1,200 steals, and 1,500 blocks in his playing career.

Hawkeye15
12-21-2009, 06:14 PM

No, no, no. I am debunking the myth that anyone could have won with the help Duncan was given. I am not pulling a Robert horry here. In fact, when rating players, I don't hold rings to that high of a standard honestly. I simply saw a few who argued that this or that player with the same help COULD have won the rings. Well, Duncan did it.

Hawkeye15
12-21-2009, 06:16 PM
and I am done with this. I can't sit here and argue against my favorite player of all time. But the fact is, Duncan is better. I hate to admit it, but all the evidence is right in front of us

GrandDaddyPurp
12-21-2009, 06:16 PM
WEBBBBBERRRR ommg!!

JWO35
12-21-2009, 06:25 PM
lol Chris Webber :p

Toenail Clipper
12-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Elton Brand
:D

Hawkeye15
12-21-2009, 06:27 PM
I remember when Webber, Brand, McDyess, and Rasheed were all mentioned with KG and Duncan haha. having 3-4 good years gets trumped by 15 years of greatness

Hellcrooner
12-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Do you even watch basketball? Dirk is as clutch as it gets :facepalm:

And learn how to ****ing type instead of throwing your elbows on the keyboard in hopes of making a coherent sentence because that's not working for ya.
2-0 turns 2-4 then they re the 1st seed and get defeated by a lousy as is get 8th seed.

macc
12-21-2009, 06:34 PM
No, no, no. I am debunking the myth that anyone could have won with the help Duncan was given. I am not pulling a Robert horry here. In fact, when rating players, I don't hold rings to that high of a standard honestly. I simply saw a few who argued that this or that player with the same help COULD have won the rings. Well, Duncan did it.

No I agree with what you're saying with the what ifs....theres sooo many variables when it comes to what ifs that they are not worth debating. I'm just saying that some people are in certain situations where it makes it extrememly hard to win a Championship.

People say Garnett on the Spurs. What most people mean is if Garnett had a team as talented as Duncan has had then most likely he would of prob won more championships, and he's proving that now with Boston and he's past his prime.

Some players were simply put in organiztions with a better chance to be successful and win. Duncan had Robinson, thats kinda a big deal to me. Not taking anything from Duncan, I just think he's had a better oppurtunity to win. With that being said it was Garnett who signed that contract with the T Wolves so he can't blame anyone but himself there but talent wise I like Garnett.

69centers
12-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Duncan doesn't run the floor and fill the lane like a PF, he always plays on the blocks, has no outside game, is usually the tallest player on the court and should technically be called the center out there, and is usually guarding other the other team's center. He went to the Spurs and sort of became a power forward, but if he was drafted elsewhere, there's no doubt they would have had him a the 5.

So, by including him wrongfully in the power forward category, when most people would argue he's a center, is this even fair to place the best PF tag on him?

TheGreenMonster
12-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Why is Sheed on there???

nipo10847
12-21-2009, 06:55 PM
:facepalm:how the **** is that a question????? Tim Duncan is the best ever. If u dont know it, u have very little basketball knowledge.

Gators123
12-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Duncan

macc
12-21-2009, 07:08 PM
:facepalm:how the **** is that a question????? Tim Duncan is the best ever. If u dont know it, u have very little basketball knowledge.

Well fill us in with all your basketball knowledge. What makes Tim Duncan a better talent then Kevin Garnett?

If somone was starting a franchise, why should somone pick Duncan over Garnett? What can Duncan do better than Garnett?

thrilla11
12-21-2009, 07:13 PM
The robot Duncan
Why is this even a thread?
All basketball heads and analysts have said that its Duncan with Garnett second

xbrackattackx
12-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Karl Malone

Toenail Clipper
12-21-2009, 07:19 PM

good for you, now know the difference between Kobe and Wade.

Giantwarrior
12-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Duncan is the best PF to ever play the game.

close the thread.

ManRam
12-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Well fill us in with all your basketball knowledge. What makes Tim Duncan a better talent then Kevin Garnett?

If somone was starting a franchise, why should somone pick Duncan over Garnett? What can Duncan do better than Garnett?

Garnett is the better athlete, and maybe talent, but Duncan is better.

Duncan trumps KG in every statistical category really...not to mention the rings.
He has the edge in career PER, FG%, TS%, eFG%, ORB%, DRB%, TRB%, BLK% etc. Per 36 minutes, Duncan is the better scorer, rebounder, and rebounder.

As close as the stats are, you have to factor in the rings. KG finally got his, but Timmy won 4 titles, with 4 very different teams. There were definitely years where KG was better, but Timmy being a 9X All-NBA first team player, compared to KG's 4 says a lot. 2 MVPs to 1 says a lot too. 3 Final's MVPs to none says a ton too.

xbrackattackx
12-21-2009, 07:26 PM
This is like arguing D-will or CP3,Kobe or Lebron, Lakers or Boston it doesn't really matter everyone has their opinions no need arguing. no way we all agree on anything ha.

nipo10847
12-21-2009, 07:28 PM

Well, I dont believe when people bring "what COULD have done if HE was in that situation." I can make hundreds of cases for different players, but guess what? You need to make arguments with whatever the players have achieved in their career.

goose15
12-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Hes boring to watch but Timmy

abe_froman
12-21-2009, 07:34 PM

more accomplishments and better stats :shrug:

so i guess that means just about everything.oh and timmy was a more hyped/highly touted prospect coming into the draft than kg was(so you cant even argue based on not knowing what we know now,just knowing what we knew when they came in)

Jonathan2323
12-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Tim Duncan has been the best of the decade.

macc
12-21-2009, 07:41 PM
Garnett is the better athlete, and maybe talent, but Duncan is better.

Duncan trumps KG in every statistical category really...not to mention the rings.
He has the edge in career PER, FG%, TS%, eFG%, ORB%, DRB%, TRB%, BLK% etc. Per 36 minutes, Duncan is the better scorer, rebounder, and rebounder.

As close as the stats are, you have to factor in the rings. KG finally got his, but Timmy won 4 titles, with 4 very different teams. There were definitely years where KG was better, but Timmy being a 9X All-NBA first team player, compared to KG's 4 says a lot. 2 MVPs to 1 says a lot too. 3 Final's MVPs to none says a ton too.

I hate what ifs but if Garnett had near the talent that Duncan did I am 99% sure he would have at least 2-3 rings. He just decided to stay in the black hole which is Minny.

Pts are almost identical, same with rebounds, actually Garnett had a couple year avg nearly 14 rebounds per game, Duncan never broke 13. Garnett also avg more assists per game. Duncan on avg averaged more blocks per.

I'm not a huge stat guy and they are pretty close in that aspect. You know me, I don't base all my opinions on stats alone because I think that's just silly.

I would just be more affraid of a prime KG then a prime Duncan. Right now Garnett won a championship with players 3-5 years past their prime. Imagine what he could of done with those types of players while he was in his prime.

I just remember Garnett in his prime and how dominant he was. I would just always think, how can you stop this guy. To me he was the perfect basketball player. He could put the ball on the floor, post up, rebound, block and be a leader, he even had a fade away jumper. How many 7 ft's do you see that have a post up fadaway?

I just think Garnett is the better talent. I think Garnett can do things on the floor Duncan can't.

barreleffact
12-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Dirk

that is one of the most homerish things ive EVER seen. Dirk is a great talent and maybe the best eauro player ever, but to call him the best PF of the decade is a mochery and insult to basketball. Even shaq has to call TD "Mr. Duncan" out of respect. duncan is about as good as it gets. 4 rings with defense and always being in the mix every year. he easily trumps any other PF

macc
12-21-2009, 07:44 PM
When it comes down to it I think Duncan's had the better career but Garnett is the better talent. It takes a team to win a championship, but we're comparing players here, not teams.

runforrestrunx9
12-21-2009, 07:48 PM
its between duncan and KG, but duncan is the clear choice, gotta give KG his props tho

goldenstater
12-21-2009, 07:49 PM

you know whats funny is i dont see it at all. i mean i understand why people say that cause he is not super athletic, but i think his style is fasinating. how he really does not make mistakes. its almost like a human robot. i have always loved his game. that bank off the glass is so dope to me. lol. i know i am prob in the minority in this. dont get me wrong i love fast pace i am a warriors fan. then again maybe i love his style cause we could use a style like that here for a change. lol.

TheKing23
12-21-2009, 07:51 PM

I love people that say this... If you enjoy watching real, solid, fundamental basketball then he is a joy to watch. I could watch him play all day long, and couldn't give a damn if he doesn't catch an alley-oop or throw it down over two defenders.

momoneyyyy
12-21-2009, 08:49 PM
dirk

tdunk21
12-21-2009, 09:28 PM
tim duncan close thread and retire thread

Bruno
12-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Duncan because of what he accomplished, but KG was just as good. Duncan always had the better team, and better coach.

I'd argue that Dirk was the best offensive player of the three, but considering has flaws on D, falls to #3 behind TD and KG.

Hawkeye15
12-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Duncan because of what he accomplished, but KG was just as good. Duncan always had the better team, and better coach.

I'd argue that Dirk was the best offensive player of the three, but considering has flaws on D, falls to #3 behind TD and KG.

exactly right. I am the biggest KG fan there is, trust me. But rational kicks in, and says Duncan will, and should go down as the best. KG was just as good. But Tim has the accomplishments. And when comparing players of the same class, ie, elite, 2nd tier, whatever, success then factors in. It keeps the Horry over everyone argument in check. However, their careers are not over. What if Boston wins this year and next??? Then it becomes very, very debatable.

FlakeyFool
12-21-2009, 10:06 PM

well said.

Raph12
12-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Timmy is the best of alltime, this thread needs some closing.

Bruno
12-21-2009, 11:49 PM
exactly right. I am the biggest KG fan there is, trust me. But rational kicks in, and says Duncan will, and should go down as the best. KG was just as good. But Tim has the accomplishments. And when comparing players of the same class, ie, elite, 2nd tier, whatever, success then factors in. It keeps the Horry over everyone argument in check. However, their careers are not over. What if Boston wins this year and next??? Then it becomes very, very debatable.

Very true. Even though the decade is coming to a close, the KG vs. Duncan debate will be on going into the 2010's. It's a shame they've never met on a huge stage late in the playoffs.

barreleffact
12-22-2009, 02:30 AM

i disagree. i agree with the TD being the best PF but to say KG was just as good or that Dirk has a BETTER offense are subjective IMO and depend on what you are looking for. Dirk and KG both had more extensive arsenals(more range and ability to put the ball on the floor). however, duncan had a better post game which is what i want out of my PF. from 15, maybe as far as 19) ft out TD glass shot is money. Im in the medical field so the best I can think to put it is like this. I aspire to b a doctor and a few doc friends told me if ima do it, specialize in one are. too many try to do everything and have mixed results. where as if u become the best at a few things it can carry you further. same tghing here. TD was the best post player of the 3, and in the mix for top defender(although KG takes the nod on that).

and hawkeye- i disagree about it becoming debateable if KG wins the next few years. the teams he's won with and are winning with are better than TD's teams. TD had players that he molded. KG has 2 other previously established all stars and an up and coming elite in rondo as well as all the depth you could want. its not like Ray and Pierce had much to prove nor that they couldnt both still average 20+ today and b efficient gven the shots. TD was always in the mix even when he didnt win which is why its debatable to choose the spurs over the lake show for the decades best( who went to the finals 6 times of the 10)

BlondeBomber41
12-22-2009, 02:49 AM
This thread is kinda dumb. It would be like creating a thread called "Who was the greatest SG of the 90's?"

When the answer is obvious to anyone with any real NBA knowledge then there is no point in creating a thread and discussing it.

Hellcrooner
12-22-2009, 03:48 AM
^mmm who was it?

i never had clear who played sg and who played sf in the bulss :p scottie and mike where cosntantly swaping places in d.

JayW_1023
12-22-2009, 07:22 AM
Tim...he made the players around him better. KGs winning teams were always with an established core.

todu82
12-22-2009, 09:23 AM
Tim Duncan

KayNti
12-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Rasheed could have been up there. He had all the skills to be up there he was just lazy and started to become a jump shooter. If he were to mix up his game a lil more and quit getting thos dumb techs, he would be up there with KG and Duncan. But Duncan get my vote for sure

Double_R
12-22-2009, 10:24 AM
How you put Rasheed in the same poll with Duncan just makes me laugh

That is like having a poll like this
Who was the best 2guard of the last decade?
Kobe
or
Ray Allen

Hellcrooner
12-22-2009, 10:27 AM
well at least sheed coudl lead a bunch of overaverage players to a ring, while webber and dirk couldnt lead a bunch of PErenIAL all stars including some mvps to crap

RapsGuy23
12-22-2009, 10:53 AM
11 Votes for Dirk with no Rings...one question, how dare you?

Duncan is certainly the best pf of the decade and arguably one of the best pf's of all time.

Tom81
12-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Td

cubulls
12-22-2009, 11:17 AM
Best PF as an individual player...Dirk

Best PF as a team player...TD

nico916
12-22-2009, 11:44 AM
I ain't a big fan of Tim and I hate the Spurs but I have to got with Tim. He doesn't really do one absolute amazing thing but the guy's overall game is just that, absolutely amazing. He has the things you want in a player and he just simply gets the job done. He doesn't care about accolades he only cares about rings. Athlete would have to go to KG. Shooter Dirk, best hands ever C-Webb, and best talker (in a good way) Sheed.

Raph12
12-22-2009, 12:52 PM
How you put Rasheed in the same poll with Duncan just makes me laugh

That is like having a poll like this
Who was the best 2guard of the last decade?
Kobe
or
Ray Allen

That comparison is alot closer than the TD-Sheed one... it is more like having a poll that says who is the best center in the late 90s, Shaq or Divac.

Spurred1
12-22-2009, 04:40 PM
well at least sheed coudl lead a bunch of overaverage players to a ring, while webber and dirk couldnt lead a bunch of PErenIAL all stars including some mvps to crap

Give me a break,HC. Sheed was a pivotal piece of the Pistons team that won the championship, but he certainly did not lead them to a ring. Billups did that part. Didn't know Ben Wallace, Prince, and Hamilton were crap, either.

This poll should have only two names on it, and they should be KG and Tim Duncan.
Dirk's great, but not in the running for top PF of the decade, and **** no-HC, Gasol should not sniff this poll as well. And spare me the "Woe is Gasol-he had no support." Didn't Mike Miller win Sixth Man of the year while they both played for the Grizz? Gasol's impressive, but face the fact that he is an ideal second fiddle, otherwise he would have lead the Grizz to at least one playoff win, not consecutive sweeps.
My vote is for Tim Duncan.

IversonIsKrazy
12-23-2009, 01:48 AM
Duncan, not even close, lollll at Sheed ahahaha.

JasonJohnHorn
12-23-2009, 02:14 AM

I haer where you are coming from here. I felt the same way for a time, but then I realized that the T-Wolves also had a bad GM. They offered him the huge contract and of course he took it. As for surrounding him with players, the GM signed and illegal contract with Joe Smith, which came to light and cost the team several draft picks, and the draft picks they had were usually bad selections. They could have built a real team around him if they'd have a GM like Joe Dumars or Jerry West, but the had McHale, who I loved as a player, but the only reason the T-Wolves could put a winner together is bad management.