PDA

View Full Version : The potential of the New Jersey Nets

kurivaimu
12-21-2009, 01:45 PM
The bad performances of the New Jersey Nets have got me seriously wondering about their managments abilities:
A team that once had Jason Kidd, Richard Jefferson and Vince Carter (a couple of season before also All-Star Kenyon Martin; Zo) has a 2-26 record.

I get that they are in rebuilding mode, but how does a team that has Kidd, RJ, VC, make trades for potential/prospects and end up with a 2-26 record?

Do you think that the Nets managment is capable of doing their job?

I mean, if u look at their current roster. There are basically two players that could end up being secondary All-Stars: Devin Haris and Brook Lopez. But thats a very big COULD. Otherwise, they're horrible. Chris Douglas roberts has some potential..but..guis like Yi Jianlian...awfu.

So the question: Does the current New Jersey Nets roster contain potential equal to the quality of Kidd,RJ,VC ? Has the GM done his job satisfactory?

HouRealCoach
12-21-2009, 01:51 PM
They are still bouncing back from an injury hit season start.... But with Yi, Williams, Boone, Lee, and T-Will.... A Trade wouldnt hurt

But they have money for 2010, so far the best chance at the first pick which might be John Wall and just say that they get Bosh....

Lopez, Harris, Bosh, Wall, CDR.... Thats a team that can become something but its all a dream that may or may not happen

Raoul Duke
12-21-2009, 01:54 PM
Nets management is doing an awesome job, because their intention is to tank this season and get John Wall next summer. So yeah, they've set a goal for themselves and they're working very hard to achieve it.

Kakaroach
12-21-2009, 01:55 PM
You have to remember that he traded all of those guys when they were past their prime (except maybe Jefferson) so you can't expect to get great value in return. I think their set up very well though for the future. Most likely the #1 pick in the 2010 draft, very good young players in Devin Harris, Brook Lopez, Courtney Lee, and CDR. Throw in the most available cap space this summer.

So yeah he's done a pretty good job IMO.

kurivaimu
12-21-2009, 02:03 PM
If the draft John Wall..
then what will they do with Harris?

I agree that cap space is a very positive factor for the Nets.

randomness
12-21-2009, 02:07 PM
If the draft John Wall..
then what will they do with Harris?

I agree that cap space is a very positive factor for the Nets.

they could try to move Wall to SG like they sort of did with Wade.. but I would trade Harris for a good SG.

vash9
12-21-2009, 02:13 PM
Harris and Wall, if able to mesh fine would be better. Since Wall is sort of more of a dunker, he can be moved to the SG like what was done with Wade, and then a Duo of Harris and Carter can be sort of remade.

Harris rebounds the ball, see's wall streaking up the court alone, pass, dunk. 2 points.
repeat.

wallerstud06
12-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Umm i would def keep Harris and still draft John Wall... and sign Amare or Bosh and a decent SF or backup center

arkanian215
12-21-2009, 02:29 PM
The bad performances of the New Jersey Nets have got me seriously wondering about their managments abilities:
A team that once had Jason Kidd, Richard Jefferson and Vince Carter (a couple of season before also All-Star Kenyon Martin; Zo) has a 2-26 record.

I get that they are in rebuilding mode, but how does a team that has Kidd, RJ, VC, make trades for potential/prospects and end up with a 2-26 record?

Do you think that the Nets managment is capable of doing their job?

I mean, if u look at their current roster. There are basically two players that could end up being secondary All-Stars: Devin Haris and Brook Lopez. But thats a very big COULD. Otherwise, they're horrible. Chris Douglas roberts has some potential..but..guis like Yi Jianlian...awfu.

So the question: Does the current New Jersey Nets roster contain potential equal to the quality of Kidd,RJ,VC ? Has the GM done his job satisfactory?

i didnt know estonians knew what the nets were. no one knows them around here.

arkanian215
12-21-2009, 02:32 PM
bosh said he doesnt wanna come to the nets.

NYKnickFanatic
12-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Nets wont get Wall.

topdog
12-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Do you honestly think Kidd-Carter-Jefferson was that good? At the stage of the careers they were in and for the money they were making? Harris and Lopez are a good start. Be happy for that.

ManRam
12-21-2009, 03:11 PM
1. Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson for Rafer Alston, Courtney Lee, Tony Battie.

I think we can say they didn't get nearly as much as they could have. Lee doesn't seem ready to be a starter. Alston and Battie are not really guys you get if you want to rebuild. They will free up about 11.5 million dollars after this year though. Losing Anderson definitely hurts too.

2. Jason Kidd and Antoine Wright for Devin Harris, DeSagana Diop, Trenton Hassel, Maurice Ager, Keith Van Horn and 2008 and 2010 1st round picks.

They only still have Harris and Hassel. That 2008 pick was Anderson.

3. Richard Jefferson for Yi Jianlian and Bobby Simmons.

Yi has been a bit of a bust, and Simmons' contract expires at the end of this year, shedding 10.56 million.

So basically, from those three, they got Yi, Harris, Lee, some expirings and a late first round pick this year.

They only have 26 million in contracts next year, having Harris, Dooling, Najera, Yi, Lopez, Williams, Boone, Williams, Lee and CDR all signed. They'll have a high draft pick, and a late first round pick. They will have tons of money to spend on a big star.

Basically, you can't judge this until after this off-season. Expiring contracts were a huge part of those trades.

NY4YA
12-21-2009, 03:14 PM
i don't thin they intentionally tanked the season for a pick. They are just losing.

Paulliwali
12-21-2009, 03:15 PM
All this IF they get the first pick, I don't think teams with the worst record usually gets the first pick?

But, they still have two good/almost great young stars and cap space on their side.

They will be sort of like the thunders expect they can sign an all-star FA next year

bctgg27
12-21-2009, 03:21 PM
I remember there was a trade rumor that they could have had Eric Gordon and Chris Kaman for VC, but they declined it. I don't know were they would be in terms of cap space if they did that trade, but it sounds like they would have gotten some very good value for VC.

wallerstud06
12-21-2009, 03:35 PM
John Wall, Amare, and Rudy Gay(SG)....put that together with Lopez, Harris, Lee, and CDR...that looks like a young and promising team.

Evolution23
12-21-2009, 04:11 PM
I dont think any free agent wants to play in Jersey until they move to brooklyn. Plus they are not tanking the season on purpose, they are just a bad team. Also there is no gaurantee that wall is coming to the nets and even if he does they are gona get killed defensively. Two small guards = disaster.