PDA

View Full Version : Is Antawn Jamison a top PF?

arlubas
12-20-2009, 08:10 AM
The general consensus is that he's a good PF, however no one mentions him amongst the premiere PFs in the league. And here is the important question:

What does he have less than guys like Amare Stoudemire, Al Jefferson and LaMarcus Aldridge who many consider great PFs? Dude's got range, post moves, rebounding skills and he ain't any scrub on defense either. Major plus that he isn't a diva or a drama queen either.

Majorly underrated for years now.

Faneik
12-20-2009, 08:24 AM
I 100% agree.

He's so versatile. He can shoot the 3, works the paint well.

I like his game a lot.

SteveNash
12-20-2009, 08:26 AM
The general consensus is that he's a good PF, however no one mentions him amongst the premiere PFs in the league. And here is the important question:

What does he have less than guys like Amare Stoudemire, Al Jefferson and LaMarcus Aldridge who many consider great PFs? Dude's got range, post moves, rebounding skills and he ain't any scrub on defense either. Major plus that he isn't a diva or a drama queen either.

He's old. he's mostly played on garbage teams. and he's more of a SF.

B.JenningsMVP
12-20-2009, 09:06 AM
very versatile player, i like him.

barreleffact
12-20-2009, 09:11 AM

i dont consider them GREAT power forwards either personally. antawn is better than them all IMO however

bal_ravens
12-20-2009, 09:16 AM
While his defense isnt the best, he constantly averages roughly 20ppg and 10rpg. He is also a great team leader. If he was on a team with more viewers like the Lakers, Celtics or Knicks, he would be called one of the top PFs. Its just unforunate he plays with overrated, often injured Caron Butler

bctgg27
12-20-2009, 09:29 AM
He is an excellent player. He can play SF and PF and do well at either position. Very versatile. Great guy to have as a number 2 player on a team.

TheKing23
12-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Well there's been talks of Danny Ferry working out a trade to bring him to Cleveland. I've always been a fan of his game and his shooting would come in handy stretching the floor if he was to play alongside Shaq and Varejao.

I think he would start to be considered a top 10 PF if he played on a contender like the Cavs and could go along way in getting us over the hump.

favre_4life
12-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Well, if he goes to Cleveland you know you'll hear about him more, god knows the NBA loves to cover that GARBAGE team. But I have to agree, Jamison is a beast. Constant 20 10 guy. Not a great defender my any means but he can rebound shoot the jumper and bang in the post.

bigsams50
12-20-2009, 01:35 PM
If he goes to Cleveland he will become very well known around the league. Hell, he gets to play with the King

Raph12
12-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Antawn Jamison is a glorified Rashard Lewis, with that being said, both are probably Top 10-15 PFs in the game today.

VCaintdead17
12-20-2009, 01:44 PM
I agree. I think he is up there with Amare, Aldridge, ect.

TheKing23
12-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Antawn Jamison is a glorified Rashard Lewis, with that being said, both are probably Top 10-15 PFs in the game today.

I'd take Jamison over Lewis... Lewis shoots the outside shot better but that is the main part of his game and if his shot isn't falling he can drift completely out of the game. Jamison can bang down low and rebounds a lot better.

$7 million cheaper as well.

Raph12
12-20-2009, 07:56 PM
I'd take Jamison over Lewis... Lewis shoots the outside shot better but that is the main part of his game and if his shot isn't falling he can drift completely out of the game. Jamison can bang down low and rebounds a lot better.

$7 million cheaper as well.

I agree with the financial difference, but Lewis has a better post game than Jamison, but Jamison is better off the dribble.

The Magic should try to get a trade done for Jamison, that would be a devastating lineup.

PG: Jameer Nelson
SG: Vince Carter
SF: Rashard Lewis
PF: Antawn Jamison
C: Dwight Howard

DAMNNNNNNN!!!

TheKing23
12-20-2009, 08:16 PM
I agree with the financial difference, but Lewis has a better post game than Jamison, but Jamison is better off the dribble.

The Magic should try to get a trade done for Jamison, that would be a devastating lineup.

PG: Jameer Nelson
SG: Vince Carter
SF: Rashard Lewis
PF: Antawn Jamison
C: Dwight Howard

DAMNNNNNNN!!!

I don't think they have anyone who would interest the Wiz and be able to match salaries.

Raph12
12-20-2009, 08:23 PM
I don't think they have anyone who would interest the Wiz and be able to match salaries.

Gortat should be a good trade, we can throw in Bass and the trade exception to even the salaries out.

Think about it:
PG: Gilbert Arenas
SG: Randy Foye
SF: Caron Butler
PF: Andrey Blatche
C: Marcin Gortat

And getting Bass on the bench makes them deeper, looks good for both sides.

Lakersfan2483
12-20-2009, 10:38 PM

He's one of the top power forwards, I have him right behind Duncan, Kg, Dirk, Gasol, Bosh, Amare and Boozer.