PDA

View Full Version : Can Randolph be moved with Maggette?

UltimateMVP22
12-19-2009, 04:44 PM
This is such classic Warriors’ manuevering: They’ve put themselves in a corner with Randolph’s camp–his agent, Bill Duffy is apparently furious–they’ve alienated Randolph and they’ve tipped off the entire league on their lukewarm feelings towards the 20-year-old jumping jack.

They’ve walked halfway down the path to trading him PRECISELY when they don’t know for sure how valuable he really is or good he might be.

Do they even know they’ve done this?

Two NBA sources said today that it’s no coincidence that talk of a possible Warriors interest in trading Randolph came up as Duffy apparently made it known that the Randolph Camp is seriously thinking about his extension possibilities when he becomes eligible after next season.

He won’t be 22 until that summer, by the way.

The loose figures I heard: Duffy is mentioning 5 years, $60M or more, given Randolph’s size and unique skill set, and Duffy is saying that’s the money they want whether or not the Warriors get around to playing Randolph regularly by then.

So the Warriors are either not sure what to do with Randolph as a player, and they’re scared of the money, or they’re growing disappointed with him as a player and sure as hell won’t ever pay him that kind of cash.

But they also know that they cannot get fair value for Randolph in a trade.

I’ve heard Cleveland’s J.J. Hickson’s name come up as a straight up possibility and now, that is NOT getting value for Randolph.

The Warriors’ hopes are to package Randolph with Maggette (NOT Rowell’s fault!)–I think that’s his new full name, Corey Maggette Not Rowell’s Fault.

Surely that 5-year, $50M Maggette deal is not Rowell’s fault. Because the Warriors are saying so. Must be true.

But if Hickson is the caliber of player that might be available straight up for Randolph, what in the world would the Warriors get for Randolph + Maggette Not Rowell’s Fault?

Hard to see great value there. (Note to Warriors FO: When you unleash your shills to deride Randolph’s worth to the team and imply that he has a bad attitude, that’s a great way to explain WHY you want to trade him, but it’s also a great way to reduce WHAT you might get for him. It’s typical Warriors PR panic.)

I realize the Warriors got more out from the Stephen Jackson trade than I thought they’d get, but right now, tell me Radmanovic and Raja Bell are a tremendous haul.

We’ll see what the Warriors get when and if they move Randolph, but right now, the player who not long ago was the future of the franchise is looking like he’ll soon be a part of their foolish past.

What teams will go after Randolph now?

NYtilIdie
12-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Most likely not with 2010 approaching. The only way I can see them moving Randolph is with an expiring or take the JJ trade (which is a horrible offer)

Kakaroach
12-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Shouldn't this be moved to the Randolph thread we already have? Anyway, I think a team could take a chance on his contract, I mean Randolph could be worth that much to a team.

black1605
12-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Maggs contract is atrocious

NYKnickFanatic
12-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Hell no, no one wants Corey's ugly contract.

JWO35
12-19-2009, 05:02 PM
If they throw in Maggette....They will most likely get someone with a horrible Contract in return.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Raptors could use Magette.

But we don't have any trading pieces.

I could see Cleveland going after him. I don't know for who though.

West and Gibson for Magette and Randolph?

C-Shaq, Ilgauskas, Powe
PF-Varejao, Hickson, Randolph
SF-Lebron, Moon
SG-Magette, Parker
PG-Williams,(Sign Antonio Daniels)

prodigy
12-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Randolph lacks focus. When he is off, he can't even make a layup. I'm not sure i would trade JJ Hickson for him.

UltimateMVP22
12-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Shouldn't this be moved to the Randolph thread we already have? Anyway, I think a team could take a chance on his contract, I mean Randolph could be worth that much to a team.

Never saw that thread so I didn't know.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
12-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Randolph lacks focus. When he is off, he can't even make a layup. I'm not sure i would trade JJ Hickson for him.

your kidding right? Nellie needs to give him consistent playing time. He doesnt get that right now...