PDA

View Full Version : Best City to Play Professional Basketball?

JIMMY CONWAY
12-19-2009, 04:11 PM
What city would be the best to be a pro?

Toenail Clipper
12-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Los Angeles
Where either your team produces cripples or championships.

lakerboy
12-19-2009, 04:13 PM
LA baby. Great franchise and great women.

madiaz3
12-19-2009, 04:14 PM
No explanation needed really. MSG sells out every season every game whether you're a 20 win team or a Finals team. TOughest place to lose at, greatest place to win.

Boston Faithful
12-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Boston. The tradition, the fans, they got it all.

TheKing23
12-19-2009, 04:19 PM
New York

black1605
12-19-2009, 04:21 PM
i would want to play in LA

IRUAM #21
12-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Seattle

JIMMY CONWAY
12-19-2009, 04:34 PM

Actually I went to a Lakers @ Boston game when I was stationed @ Ft. Drum, NY in 2004 and saw A LOT of empty seats and about 30% Laker fans on a Friday night... I guarantee that will never ever happen @ Staples Center. I'm not saying Boston has fake fans, but am issuing a fact that when Boston is losing their fans are ghosts but are roaches when they're competitive.

JWO35
12-19-2009, 04:37 PM
Phoenix
or
Orlando

Giaps
12-19-2009, 04:39 PM
NY... best place to win and worst place to lose.

daleja424
12-19-2009, 04:41 PM
MIAMI...

thats just obvious...

beaches, women, clubs (South Beach), celebs, warm weather, etc

javaid64
12-19-2009, 04:43 PM
MIAMI...

thats just obvious...

how is that relevent to playing basketball.

Giaps
12-19-2009, 04:44 PM
MIAMI...

thats just obvious...

Yeah and no fans.

bmanjones
12-19-2009, 04:45 PM
sacramento

JIMMY CONWAY
12-19-2009, 04:47 PM
No explanation needed really. MSG sells out every season every game whether you're a 20 win team or a Finals team. TOughest place to lose at, greatest place to win.

No one on New York's roster even wants to play in New York...:facepalm:

IRUAM #21
12-19-2009, 04:49 PM

The whole NBA want's to play for D'antoni

Boston-Born
12-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Portland or OKC

MrX27
12-19-2009, 04:50 PM
No if's, and's or but's about it... The city may not have the most titles, BUT the talent pool speaks of itself. AND with all due respect to LA, boston, and anywhere else, I don't see high school prospects clamoring to go play on your playgrounds. There's only one city that has the Cage and Rucker Park, and there is only one Mecca in sports, and that city never sleeps. It's New York and MSG!!!

JIMMY CONWAY
12-19-2009, 04:52 PM
MIAMI...

thats just obvious...

I've lived in N.Y., Miami, Vicenza, Italy, Germany, and FT. Worth... and visited L.A. and trust me the best looking woman are in Los Angeles. Before Wade you could here a pin drop in whatever the arena is called the Heat play in.

arkanian215
12-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Kings county. a chance to make my own mark. a chance to create a winning tradition. a chance to be the franchise.

bigsams50
12-19-2009, 04:55 PM
LA has the most appeal. Its instant celeb status.

Kakaroach
12-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Playing in a big city has its awards and risks. If you play in a big market and your great, you'll be remembered forever, but everyone knows they take a bunch of criticism. I'd play somewhere where its not too big but the fans are still great, like Golden State, Utah, or OKC.

JIMMY CONWAY
12-19-2009, 04:57 PM
The whole NBA want's to play for D'antoni

We're talking about the best city to be a pro ball player...not what coach players want to play for... the ego driven will play under him for stats but in the back of their minds they know they can't win a ring in his system...the game slows down in the playoffs so his style becomes irrelevant.:facepalm:

JIMMY CONWAY
12-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Playing in a big city has its awards and risks. If you play in a big market and your great, you'll be remembered forever, but everyone knows they take a bunch of criticism. I'd play somewhere where its not too big but the fans are still great, like Golden State, Utah, or OKC.

That's a very valid point Roach...

NYtilIdie
12-19-2009, 05:02 PM

:facepalm:
Yeah AL,Gallo,Chandler,Lee, and Nate (although his attitude may have changed) all want to leave NY.

AL has stated numerous times he wants to be back next year, Gallo and Chandler praise playing in NY, Nate and Lee both wanted to be back Nate said he didn't want to play anywhere else and Lee would have been signed earlier in the off-season if he didn't get money hungry ($10 mil a season to be exact).

As for the question x2 for Madiaz and Giaps.

FlakeyFool
12-19-2009, 05:12 PM
MIAMI...

thats just obvious...

nobody shows up to watch games in miami...

I'd want to play in Toronto. Fans are passionate, the arena atmosphere is electric and basically cause its in Canada, the greatest country in the world.

knicks09
12-19-2009, 05:19 PM

Yea, even though Al Harrington said NY is his favorite team he's ever played for and wants to stay for a long time and David Lee said he wants to end his carrier in NY and the fact that almost every NBA player would love to play for mike d'antoni.

bbcmillionaire
12-19-2009, 05:28 PM
man, i say its the wonderful city of chicago, its a big market, and we have the most loyal fans, unlike the lakers who shunned kobe like 5-6 seasons ago when he was the number 1 bad guy even though its the entertainment capital of the us, new york is a nice place, but it is becoming a joke team of the nba sadly. chicago has it all

ChiSox219
12-19-2009, 05:49 PM
man, i say its the wonderful city of chicago, its a big market, and we have the most loyal fans, unlike the lakers who shunned kobe like 5-6 seasons ago when he was the number 1 bad guy even though its the entertainment capital of the us, new york is a nice place, but it is becoming a joke team of the nba sadly. chicago has it all

I'm biased but Jordan made this city such a great bball town. We haven't done anything this decade and still lead the league in the attendance every year.

I'd also vote for Portland and Utah for the fans

LA, Phoenix, and Miami for the weather

theuuord
12-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Los Angeles, Miami, Atlanta, New York all great cities.

Tony_Starks
12-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Los Angeles, no question. The tradition of winning, the celebrities, Hollywood, the endorcements.

LanceUpperCut
12-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Toronto or Vancouver in Canada Best Women, weed and beer in the world and in Canada everyone loves everyone like a giant drum circle.

ManRam
12-19-2009, 06:17 PM
If you were to win a championship on any team...the team I'd want to win it in would be NYC. They need one. If I'm LeBron, I'm not leaving Cleveland for anywhere but NYC, and to be the savior they need.

Storch
12-19-2009, 06:20 PM
LA and NY hands down

Quikdraw
12-19-2009, 06:22 PM
Boston or LA.

madiaz3
12-19-2009, 06:23 PM
We're talking about the best city to be a pro ball player...not what coach players want to play for... the ego driven will play under him for stats but in the back of their minds they know they can't win a ring in his system...the game slows down in the playoffs so his style becomes irrelevant.:facepalm:

That's Suns ball and SSOL. Dantoni left that behind in PHX if you haven't noticed after a season and a half.

Bus035
12-19-2009, 06:25 PM
No Question; It's Seattle......Oh Wait!!!!!!!

Pensx3
12-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Only people from NY seem to think its the best place to play. MSG is ugly inside and is outdated, I hate to tell ya. The Kinckerbockers have been a joke for years. I think the La fans are terrible, they show up in the third inning and leave by the 6th for baseball. I have been to one game at the staples center and it just didnt seem that special. Plus both cities are so transient...

Neither city even sells out every game, but yet are the 2 biggest cities in the country. The only teams that sell 100% of the tickets is Cleveland, Dallas, Boston and Orlando. As an indepedent fan,
I VOTE FOR Boston

JIMMY CONWAY
12-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Al Harrington...lol... That roster is so lacking of talent that they have no choice but to stay put...imagine one of those guys demanding a trade...check the previous post about coach mike...

29$JerZ
12-19-2009, 06:35 PM
Can't go wrong with NY and LA

Top 2 imo

daleja424
12-19-2009, 06:37 PM
nobody shows up to watch games in miami...

I'd want to play in Toronto. Fans are passionate, the arena atmosphere is electric and basically cause its in Canada, the greatest country in the world.

that doesnt stop the fact that they get paid and ****... which is all that MOST nba players care about

magichatnumber9
12-19-2009, 06:38 PM
I heard the two best places to be a pro is Milwaukee and Toronto. Nobody ****s with your privacy and the media are less *******-ish

29$JerZ
12-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Only people from NY seem to think its the best place to play. MSG is ugly inside and is outdated, I hate to tell ya. The Kinckerbockers have been a joke for years. I think the La fans are terrible, they show up in the third inning and leave by the 6th for baseball. I have been to one game at the staples center and it just didnt seem that special. Plus both cities are so transient...

Neither city even sells out every game, but yet are the 2 biggest cities in the country. The only teams that sell 100% of the tickets is Cleveland, Dallas, Boston and Orlando. As an indepedent fan,
I VOTE FOR Boston

Guys like LeBron have said there is no place like playing in MSG.
No one cares if you think MSG is ugly inside, attendance and the events always held there say otherwise.

You don't need to sell out every home game to be considered a great basketball city. NY and LA have always been in the top teams with attendance even when both teams were bad this decade (1 yr for LA)
How many city's can say they are in the top teams of attendance with a 23-32-23-33 record this decade? Few because you have to have some loyal fans to do so which NY is known for.

It's your opinion but your basis on why MSG isn't a good basketball city makes no sense.

AddiX
12-19-2009, 06:39 PM

I VOTE FOR Boston

Wow could you speak out of your *** anymore?

JIMMY CONWAY
12-19-2009, 06:40 PM
That's Suns ball and SSOL. Dantoni left that behind in PHX if you haven't noticed after a season and a half.

With epic results...:cool:

madiaz3
12-19-2009, 06:40 PM
Al Harrington...lol... That roster is so lacking of talent that they have no choice but to stay put...imagine one of those guys demanding a trade...check the previous post about coach mike...

Check out mine and how Mike's system hasn't been seen outside of PHX. Definitely not in NY.

JIMMY CONWAY
12-19-2009, 06:47 PM

I VOTE FOR Boston

His answer to "Best City to Play Professional Basketball?":facepalm:

Maybe you were blinded by the championship banners and shinny new trophy falling outside of it's display case because there isn't anymore room.

Does anyone ever stop to think that there is a million and 1 things to do in L.A. at any given time besides being on time for a sporting event?Plus having to deal with traffic?...maybe other cities have nothing better to do ie. Pittsburgh so they only look forward to Sunday afternoons of waiving yellow jizz rags around?

jerseykidd88
12-19-2009, 06:47 PM
New YOrk Area Knicks Nets

madiaz3
12-19-2009, 06:56 PM

You're bound to not play as well as you did with the team that had three all-stars and a point guard in Steve Nash running your offense.

We gave away our best paper talent Crawford, Randolph, (Marbury walk) etc. We're doing as well as we're supposed to do, I don't know what there is to critique really.

EaglesJackson10
12-19-2009, 06:57 PM
New York LA or Boston. If I had to pick one it would be LA.

JIMMY CONWAY
12-19-2009, 07:03 PM
You're bound to not play as well as you did with the team that had three all-stars and a point guard in Steve Nash running your offense.

We gave away our best paper talent Crawford, Randolph, (Marbury walk) etc. We're doing as well as we're supposed to do, I don't know what there is to critique really.

You're right in not having any talent on that roster so the record shows as such...but ZERO big time free agents have wanted to play for the Knicks over the last 15 years.

mikeman0000
12-19-2009, 07:14 PM
I think I'd like to play with the Nets, (hear me out)

If Jay-Z moves them, to say Brooklyn? Wow. Could you imagine playing on a team that boasts Jay-Z up top. That's celeb Status.

Otherwise I'd like to give love to the Lakers or Knicks.

Even the most closed minded person in the world has to admit that NY is the center of the universe. I ****ing hate NY, but to play in the big Apple is crazy appealing.

Jonathan2323
12-19-2009, 07:16 PM
i would want to play in Miami. Hot women, clubs, celebs and weather.

I dont care what anyone says its LA and Miami.

madiaz3
12-19-2009, 07:18 PM
You're right in not having any talent on that roster so the record shows as such...but ZERO big time free agents have wanted to play for the Knicks over the last 15 years.

The last 15 years includes our playoff and finals runs during the Ewing era in which we did not need or were looking for any big free agents.

Immediately after you know why we didn't have any big free agents? We didn't have ANY money to sign any one of worth. Our contracts have been bloated and limited our flexibility for the past 8 years. So, it's not a matter of them not wanting to, more so a matter of sheer inability by the team to sign anyone.

So yeah, moot point.

NYtilIdie
12-19-2009, 07:20 PM

We've rarely had any cap space this whole decade since our management constantly took bad contracts. 2010 will be the 1st time in god knows how long we'll have enough cap space to sign a superstar to a max contract.

GodsSon
12-19-2009, 07:20 PM
T Dot O

blazerman
12-19-2009, 07:22 PM
Hard to pick just one, here are a few cities I think would be exciting to play for if your an NBA player.

Miami- the beach, super hot women,the keys and the Bahamas close by and just a fun place in general.

Phoenix- Nice weather, again lots of hotties and a cool city in general (went there last yr for a few weeks and had a blast).

NY- If the team was relevant it is a rocking place and it's got the old school mystic (MSG does anyways) plus it's the big apple.

New Orleans- Marti Gras (well at least it would be fun to playout a 10 day contract their in February,haha)

Shaddix
12-19-2009, 07:22 PM
Actually I went to a Lakers @ Boston game when I was stationed @ Ft. Drum, NY in 2004 and saw A LOT of empty seats and about 30% Laker fans on a Friday night... I guarantee that will never ever happen @ Staples Center. I'm not saying Boston has fake fans, but am issuing a fact that when Boston is losing their fans are ghosts but are roaches when they're competitive.

Haha ya boston has a lot of fake fans, try LA the Clippers had the ninth worst attendence in 08'

Boston threw together once of the worst teams in decades during that time too, wasn't the fans fault

bkmikeyy
12-19-2009, 07:25 PM

I LOVE when people talk trash and don't know anything. Knicks have not had cap space since 1996, when they had a big free agency summer getting allan houston and chris childs (yes he was considered a big free agent signing at the time). Thats the same year that Jordan got very close to signing here as well btw. Since then they HAVEN'T HAD MONEY, which is why the media is going crazy for this summer.

Jordan almost became a New York Knick. In Spike Lee's book, Best Seat in the House, Spike tells the story of how in late 1996 he and MJ were talking after shooting a commercial together. Spike asked MJ if there was ever a chance he could have left the Bulls and gone to the Knicks. MJ said, "There was a chance." Spike couldn't believe it. MJ went on to say, "Before I signed with Chicago last year, after we won, it came down to 30 minutes. New York was right downstairs. The Bulls---all they had to do was mess up." What Jordan meant by that is if Jerry Reinsdorf, the owner of the Bulls, had made an insulting offer MJ would have walked away and signed with the Knicks. Thankfully, the Bulls offered Jordan $30 million for a one year contract and the legend continued.

http://www.23isback.com/re.htm

Jordan almost left one of the biggest markets in the country, and a team that won the NBA championship a month before to go to new york. So whats to say Lebron wouldn't consider it when his market is 348575 times worse and his team isn't going to ever win a championship. Allan Houston was like the Joe Johnson of this summer.

JIMMY CONWAY
12-19-2009, 07:27 PM
The last 15 years includes our playoff and finals runs during the Ewing era in which we did not need or were looking for any big free agents.

Immediately after you know why we didn't have any big free agents? We didn't have ANY money to sign any one of worth. Our contracts have been bloated and limited our flexibility for the past 8 years. So, it's not a matter of them not wanting to, more so a matter of sheer inability by the team to sign anyone.

So yeah, moot point.

These are only bad contracts because the players were all bums, hence the term bad contracts:facepalm: If the free agents were good the contracts would be okay...

blazerman
12-19-2009, 07:29 PM

Great name and avatar(Jimmy Conway), I just got finished watching the movie Goodfellas about 20 minutes ago, what a coincidence,haha

Jimmy Conway- "you might know who we are but we know who you are" after they take the dudes truck and his identification (so he doesnt run to the cops) then slips him a $50.00, that movie was classic. Old school mobsters motto if you want it just take it,haha

Cubsfan365
12-19-2009, 07:36 PM
I LOVE when people talk trash and don't know anything. Knicks have not had cap space since 1996, when they had a big free agency summer getting allan houston and chris childs (yes he was considered a big free agent signing at the time). Thats the same year that Jordan got very close to signing here as well btw. Since then they HAVEN'T HAD MONEY, which is why the media is going crazy for this summer.

Jordan almost became a New York Knick. In Spike Lee's book, Best Seat in the House, Spike tells the story of how in late 1996 he and MJ were talking after shooting a commercial together. Spike asked MJ if there was ever a chance he could have left the Bulls and gone to the Knicks. MJ said, "There was a chance." Spike couldn't believe it. MJ went on to say, "Before I signed with Chicago last year, after we won, it came down to 30 minutes. New York was right downstairs. The Bulls---all they had to do was mess up." What Jordan meant by that is if Jerry Reinsdorf, the owner of the Bulls, had made an insulting offer MJ would have walked away and signed with the Knicks. Thankfully, the Bulls offered Jordan $30 million for a one year contract and the legend continued.

http://www.23isback.com/re.htm

Jordan almost left one of the biggest markets in the country, and a team that won the NBA championship a month before to go to new york. So whats to say Lebron wouldn't consider it when his market is 348575 times worse and his team isn't going to ever win a championship. Allan Houston was like the Joe Johnson of this summer.
That is not even a fair comparison because the Knicks team in '95-'96 was leaps and bounds better to what they have now. If Jordan left the Bulls, it would be to join an already contending Knicks team. If LeBron left for NY, he would join one of the worst teams in the NBA.

madiaz3
12-19-2009, 07:37 PM
These are only bad contracts because the players were all bums, hence the term bad contracts:facepalm: If the free agents were good the contracts would be okay...

It's not as if the Knicks were passing over marquee free agents while they signed these people. I'd love for you to name some. We just gave too much money to players who only played hard in their contract years in our management's shortsighted and dimwitted attempt to inject talent after the inconvenient ends to Ewings and Houston's Knicks careers.

We now have different management, money, and flexibility.

Reversed86Curse
12-19-2009, 07:37 PM
His answer to "Best City to Play Professional Basketball?":facepalm:

Maybe you were blinded by the championship banners and shinny new trophy falling outside of it's display case because there isn't anymore room.

Does anyone ever stop to think that there is a million and 1 things to do in L.A. at any given time besides being on time for a sporting event?Plus having to deal with traffic?...maybe other cities have nothing better to do ie. Pittsburgh so they only look forward to Sunday afternoons of waiving yellow jizz rags around?

Go to Boston if you really want to get blinded by banners and trophies- but there display case fits all of theirs

Best city to play pro basketball, I'd say either Portland or Phoenix

bkmikeyy
12-19-2009, 07:42 PM
That is not even a fair comparison because the Knicks team in '95-'96 was leaps and bounds better to what they have now. If Jordan left the Bulls, it would be to join an already contending Knicks team. If LeBron left for NY, he would join one of the worst teams in the NBA.

point is thats the last time they had money. The guy considered leaving a 72 win team (record) that won the ship, for a 47 win team. You think if that was a 47 win miami team or even an LA team jordan would have even looked their way? No matter what you say New York has amazing pull for free agents when they actually have money. This thread is about cities not teams.

Plus their current roster plus Lebron would be a 50 win team, and then would have 20 million dollars in 2011, tell me what free agent wouldnt want to come in 2011 if Lebron would sign here. You think Lebron wouldnt wait a year for a dynasty in NYC? The difference between knicks and cavs is even though the knicks are bad now if they do get a star they have the city and the money to attract legitimate sidekicks for these stars, not jamario moon and anthony parker. The cavs have peaked if Lebron actually wants to be a winner he needs to go somewhere like New York and a few years down the road the knicks would be light years ahead of what the cavs can ever be.

Cubsfan365
12-19-2009, 07:48 PM
point is thats the last time they had money. The guy considered leaving a 72 win team (record) that won the ship, for a 47 win team. You think if that was a 47 win miami team or even an LA team jordan would have even looked their way? No matter what you say New York has amazing pull for free agents when they actually have money. This thread is about cities not teams.

Plus their current roster plus Lebron would be a 50 win team, and then would have 20 million dollars in 2011, tell me what free agent wouldnt want to come in 2011 if Lebron would sign here. You think Lebron wouldnt wait a year for a dynasty in NYC? The difference between knicks and cavs is even though the knicks are bad now if they do get a star they have the city and the money to attract legitimate sidekicks for these stars, not jamario moon and anthony parker. The cavs have peaked if Lebron actually wants to be a winner he needs to go somewhere like New York and a few years down the road the knicks would be light years ahead of what the cavs can ever be.
He could also just join an already good or decent team that has much more promise than the Knicks right now. What if he just took less money and joined Wade in Miami? The Nets are also just as appealing as the Knicks with Jay Z and Brooklyn in their future with a superb young core.

bleedgreenwhite
12-19-2009, 07:49 PM

I VOTE FOR Boston

we are the mecca of basketball the game evolved here into what it is today. this is the only place where an average player who busts his *** 101% can become a beloved legend we have been an embarrising franchize since the ewing era ended if you win here you are a champion for life no city is comprable we live and die with our teams and we stick by our squads no matter what and well raise the a championship banner sooner than you haters think... you my freind im sure you had your steelers sig up last week.... what happened they lost to cleveland and now ur a little grumpy u should watch your mouth i could hop up in every fourm and talk about the shithole that pittsburgh is but id be telling 95% of the country what they already know

bkmikeyy
12-19-2009, 07:52 PM
He could also just join an already good or decent team that has much more promise than the Knicks right now. What if he just took less money and joined Wade in Miami? The Nets are also just as appealing as the Knicks with Jay Z and Brooklyn in their future with a superb young core.

main point of this thread best city to play at. Miami is a great city to live, beaches, girls etc, but its not a good place for basketball. They barely get any support because its more of a tourist area and people just hang out outside, and plus its a football city. Miami with wade has one of the worst attendances in the NBA.

The nets are staying in the swamp for another 2 years, Lebron definitely does not want that. And even after they move Brooklyn is No Manhattan when it comes to star power, not even close.

madiaz3
12-19-2009, 07:52 PM

The Nets are not going to Brooklyn anytime soon, if at all. Definitely not before the Knicks get another 20 million in cap space in 2011. Lebron would not want to win only because he played with Wade, and especially because would be going to MIA, it would still be Wade's team.

Reversed86Curse
12-19-2009, 07:58 PM
we are the mecca of basketball the game evolved here into what it is today. this is the only place where an average player who busts his *** 101% can become a beloved legend we have been an embarrising franchize since the ewing era ended if you win here you are a champion for life no city is comprable we live and die with our teams and we stick by our squads no matter what and well raise the a championship banner sooner than you haters think... you my freind im sure you had your steelers sig up last week.... what happened they lost to cleveland and now ur a little grumpy u should watch your mouth i could hop up in every fourm and talk about the shithole that pittsburgh is but id be telling 95% of the country what they already know

I'll give you that you'll stick by your team no matter how putrid they are, but saying the game evolved in NY into what it is today? Gotta disagree on that one. Boston and LA WERE the NBA for the better part of 30 years, year in and year out. NY had a few good years sparatically. Unless of course you're talking about the NBA turning into a bunch of glitz and glam, money talks and me-first players (not to mention coaches), then yes, I'd agree NY has been quite influential in that.

madiaz3
12-19-2009, 08:02 PM
I'll give you that you'll stick by your team no matter how putrid they are, but saying the game evolved in NY into what it is today? Gotta disagree on that one. Boston and LA WERE the NBA for the better part of 30 years, year in and year out. NY had a few good years sparatically. Unless of course you're talking about the NBA turning into a bunch of glitz and glam, money talks and me-first players (not to mention coaches), then yes, I'd agree NY has been quite influential in that.

Nah, I think he means the NBA being founded in NYC. Or the first college basketball game to be televised being between NYU and Georgetown at the Garden. Or Nat Sweetwater Clifton breaking the NBA color barrier on the Knicks. Or Rucker Park...(think earl the pearl, wilt chaimberlan, kareem, connie hawkings, dr j, KG, AI, Marbury..) Or MSG as a hotspot for college basketball. Or even further back...
"The first pro basketball league, the National League, was formed in 1898 to protect players from exploitation and to promote a less rough game. One of the first and greatest pro teams was the Original Celtics, organized about 1915 in New York City." The city birthed many greats as well, including MJ.

I could go on and on but I don't think you realize how linked NYC is with basketball.

Hawkeye15
12-19-2009, 08:11 PM
LA, NY, or Miami.

DJ CHACH
12-19-2009, 08:18 PM

ya ur right, they had the paper bags and fire ainge and fire doc signs..now everyone is on their bandwagon..u guys shud stick to baseball..oh wait, ny just took that away from u too...NYC is the reason basketball exists..MSG is where the original garden got its name..

Stunner
12-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Chicago

Ovratd1up
12-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Concrete jungle where dreams are maade of ... They lights will inspaya you, let's hear it

asandhu23
12-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Oakland... once Larry Ellison buys the team. right now, LA

bleedgreenwhite
12-19-2009, 08:39 PM
if ur not from NY you just dont get it and if you dont get it dont debate it props to DJ CHAC and madiaz3 well get back soon...

knickerbockerny
12-19-2009, 08:41 PM
No if's, and's or but's about it... The city may not have the most titles, BUT the talent pool speaks of itself. AND with all due respect to LA, boston, and anywhere else, I don't see high school prospects clamoring to go play on your playgrounds. There's only one city that has the Cage and Rucker Park, and there is only one Mecca in sports, and that city never sleeps. It's New York and MSG!!!

Exactly what he said, New York, its a no brainer!

Cubsfan365
12-19-2009, 08:45 PM
^And when was the last time NYK had a legit superstar?

Robbw241
12-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Camden cuz they will just murder the opposing team. You win everytime.

bkmikeyy
12-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Its not even close, NYC is by far the most attractive city for athletes
if there was no cap in the NBA, see: NY YANKEES

madiaz3
12-19-2009, 08:50 PM

We've addressed this multiple times within this thread, how about you read the posts before before repeating questions. :)

knickerbockerny
12-19-2009, 08:53 PM

When was the last time the Cubs won a championship?

thephoenixson28
12-19-2009, 08:56 PM
I would say phoenix. Speaking from experience living here. I'm not being biased either. You basically have everything miami has but with a lot better fans. When charles barkley came to phoenix they made him feel like a king. The weather reaches up to 120 but its dry heat. Does anybody that's been to phoenix know what I am talking about.

1-800-STFU
12-19-2009, 08:59 PM
"insert hometown team here"

Cubsfan365
12-19-2009, 09:02 PM
When was the last time the Cubs won a championship?
Way to stay relevant to the thread :clap:

thedfactor
12-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Oakland, lol

Nah, I'd go with NY, LA, or Dallas

Venomous88
12-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Honestly, I rather play in a city where I could be loved by all the fans and the arenas are crazy like college basketball games. For example, Oklahoma City (They were waving ****ing towels at a basketball game and sold out to play the bucks) or Indiana (so much basketball tradition there).

knickerbockerny
12-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Way to stay relevant to the thread :clap:

If you want to be technical you went off topic, because city preference and super stardom are two different themes.

I just gave you a wise guy answer.

With that said your question was answered eloquently earlier.

blazerman
12-19-2009, 09:28 PM
I would say phoenix. Speaking from experience living here. I'm not being biased either. You basically have everything miami has but with a lot better fans. When charles barkley came to phoenix they made him feel like a king. The weather reaches up to 120 but its dry heat. Does anybody that's been to phoenix know what I am talking about.

Oh ya, Phoenix is tight, last yr when I was there (family in Scottsdale and Gilbert), I went to the ASU/oregon football game and I swear 80% of the women were fine as hell. I also went to a bar that basically had no roof over it and thought that was cool, if we had a bar like that in Portland we'd all be the soggy bottom boys 5 minutes after walking in the bar with all the rain up here.

Yes Phoenix is alot of good times, I really like the city, I went to the Bobcats/Suns preseason game and it was like a continuation of the ASU/Oregon game with all the babes. Phoenix-:clap:

Agent008
12-19-2009, 09:36 PM
I've never really understood this debate. If you're an NBA basketball player I'm pretty sure you can have fun wherever you are. If you play in NYC are you going to be going out and watching broadway plays? Or if you live in LA are you going to be going to Disneyland? As far as I know, most players like to hang out in the club. If you're an NBA player I'm sure you can hook up with dimes and drink top-shelf liquor no matter what city you're in. I live in Cali and I know we got good dank and weather, so maybe that's an advantage. Otherwise, I guess whatever city you can make the most money in - LA or NYC.

Gibby23
12-19-2009, 09:48 PM
that doesnt stop the fact that they get paid and ****... which is all that MOST nba players care about

They are going to get paid in any city they play in. They might as well get paid and play where the arena is going to sell out. It's alot more fun for them to play infront of a sold out arena, the money is there for them regardless of city.

J_M_B
12-19-2009, 09:52 PM
My first choice would be L.A

My second choice...Miami

When they are winning and competing for a championship, there is no better city to play basketball. As well as the women, celebrities, weather, clubs (South Beach, etc.

DirtyThirty
12-19-2009, 09:56 PM

agree. NY 1st but LA a close second, no other teams are close to these teams.

J_M_B
12-19-2009, 09:58 PM
They are going to get paid in any city they play in. They might as well get paid and play where the arena is going to sell out. It's alot more fun for them to play infront of a sold out arena, the money is there for them regardless of city.

People is taking that way to seriously..

I garuntee you that if Miami wasn't hit that hard by the economy, then Miami's arena wouldn't be empty.

I know this because I live here and it is a lot harder to buy tickets. Why would someone really want to waste the little money the have on a game that your not sure your team will win?

I used to go to about 6 or 7 games a year. I haven't been to one single game this season.

Toenail Clipper
12-19-2009, 10:01 PM
People is taking that way to seriously..

I garuntee you that if Miami wasn't hit that hard by the economy, then Miami's arena wouldn't be empty.

I know this because I live here and it is a lot harder to buy tickets. Why would someone really want to waste the little money the have on a game that your not sure your team will win?

I used to go to about 6 or 7 games a year. I haven't been to one single game this season.

Then Miami fans are not really faithful, you said it yourself. Look at New York fans, they still buy tickets even though their team is mediocre. Therefore, Wade should just leave, shouldn't he?

B_A_
12-19-2009, 10:06 PM
SEATTLE!!! YOU OKLAHOMA CITY BANDIT BASTARDS! That goes for you too you shrew of a man STERN!

http://www.wordinfo.info/words/images/shrew-elephant.gif

thephoenixson28
12-19-2009, 10:07 PM
My first choice would be L.A

My second choice...Miami

When they are winning and competing for a championship, there is no better city to play basketball. As well as the women, celebrities, weather, clubs (South Beach, etc. Yeah a bunch of celebs live in Arizona. They just don't get that much media attention here. I think shaq says the clubs here let you wear anything. But in L.A you have to dress with dressy shoes and everything. Here you can wear whatever you want. But Dmx said it best in his documentery called (soul of a man) Arizona is the realest place to be. But he just needs to quit getting busted.

J_M_B
12-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Then Miami fans are not really faithful, you said it yourself. Look at New York fans, they still buy tickets even though their team is mediocre. Therefore, Wade should just leave, shouldn't he?

We can't afford to buy tickets...

Miami was hit hardest by the economy behind Detroit.

J_M_B
12-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Yeah a bunch of celebs live in Arizona. They just don't get that much media attention here. I think shaq says the clubs here let you wear anything. But in L.A you have to dress with dressy shoes and everything. Here you can wear whatever you want. But Dmx said it best in his documentery called (soul of a man) Arizona is the realest place to be. But he just needs to quit getting busted.

I've been to Phoenix and loved it there really...great city to live in.

rapswin98
12-19-2009, 10:14 PM
LA or NY

J_M_B
12-19-2009, 10:14 PM
SEATTLE!!! YOU OKLAHOMA CITY BANDIT BASTARDS! That goes for you too you shrew of a man STERN!

http://www.wordinfo.info/words/images/shrew-elephant.gif

Haha...Seattle really needs to get another team

thephoenixson28
12-19-2009, 10:21 PM
I've been to Phoenix and loved it there really...great city to live in. I live in west phx and love it here. I live in the Avenues. One of the worst spots to live and still love it.

hgtiger32
12-19-2009, 10:25 PM
i would have to say that thers not a clear cut #1 but as a milwaukee buck fan and not a homer of any of the following, I would say that the following are the best to play BB in

New York
Boston
LA
Chicago
---maybe phoenix

Agent008
12-19-2009, 10:34 PM
I live in west phx and love it here. I live in the Avenues. One of the worst spots to live and still love it.

I lived in AZ for a couple of years and it wouldn't be bad to live there during basketball season, but summer there ain't no joke

thephoenixson28
12-19-2009, 11:36 PM
I lived in AZ for a couple of years and it wouldn't be bad to live there during basketball season, but summer there ain't no joke Yeah summers are no joke. Gets up to 120. But during basketball season its winter. So we get up to 80. I know whoever is playing for the suns is loving this weather. Plus we get that dry heat so you don't sweat as much. But one of my friends from tennesse said it would be 80 degrees and you would be sweating your *** off.

THE MTL
12-19-2009, 11:45 PM
As much as I wanna say New York City. If you lose here, the fans will really let you know about it. It is a very tough place to play.

thephoenixson28
12-19-2009, 11:53 PM
As much as I wanna say New York City. If you lose here, the fans will really let you know about it. It is a very tough place to play. Yeah I'm pretty sure New York is a beautiful place to live, but just like you said if you lose new york fans will let you here it. Plus you get all that media attention and they can put you down just as bad. Same goes for L.A.

INeedMyJays
12-19-2009, 11:58 PM
LA. Too bad the Clippers suck

mjt20mik
12-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Chicago or LA.

NPH
12-20-2009, 12:05 AM

Youre funny dawg bizzle

Bullsfan22
12-20-2009, 12:09 AM
starts with cali and MIA but you can find a lot of things to in Chicago.

Theanswer76
12-20-2009, 12:14 AM
I say miami, because of the weather and girls, Not L.A,eh idk L.A just doesnt seem like the greatest city to me, and i would love seattle, amazing weather, and dedicated fans.

loufor2
12-20-2009, 12:23 AM
philadelphia- drugs, guns, and homocides

Giants-49ers-Ws
12-20-2009, 04:15 AM
milwaukee

Evolution23
12-20-2009, 08:18 AM
Its NYC the capital of the world. Most loyal fans, sexy women, great night life, fast paced atmosphere, and the most oportunities for investing you money, endorcements.

Raph12
12-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Overall, don't see how anyone can not choose LA.

lakerboy
12-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Dude, if you make it with the Lakers, you can go and date chicks like Megan Fox.

lakerboy
12-20-2009, 03:13 PM
..Or you could be dating Khloe Kardashian.

sintaks12
12-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Nah, I think he means the NBA being founded in NYC. Or the first college basketball game to be televised being between NYU and Georgetown at the Garden. Or Nat Sweetwater Clifton breaking the NBA color barrier on the Knicks. Or Rucker Park...(think earl the pearl, wilt chaimberlan, kareem, connie hawkings, dr j, KG, AI, Marbury..) Or MSG as a hotspot for college basketball. Or even further back...
"The first pro basketball league, the National League, was formed in 1898 to protect players from exploitation and to promote a less rough game. One of the first and greatest pro teams was the Original Celtics, organized about 1915 in New York City." The city birthed many greats as well, including MJ.

I could go on and on but I don't think you realize how linked NYC is with basketball.

Nuf said.

skskgolf
08-04-2011, 02:45 AM

I also feel as if I had not spent so long now!

Discount Golf (http://www.24globalgolf.com)

starksforthree
08-04-2011, 03:02 AM
players ****in love seattle from what i hear lol, but i'd say probly...............Golden State.

Nice place, great fans.

You can suck *** and they'll still love you hah ;.

Evolution23
08-04-2011, 07:50 AM
NY and LA

NFLinLA
08-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Los Angeles, Beautiful women, Beautiful weather oh and Beautiful women

RLundi
08-04-2011, 07:31 PM
MIAMI...

thats just obvious...

Lol Miami isn't half of what it's cracked up to be; incredibly overrated. Sure, the women are amazing and beaches are nice but no one there cares about sports. Kind of the same with L.A. but at least you have the celebrity factor.

New York is the best place to play basketball, unquestioned. It's the Mecca, fans are so into sports and the energy and vibe of the city is simply electric. L.A. is probably close to be honest, but New York is tops, without a doubt.

asandhu23
08-04-2011, 07:50 PM
San Francisco. **** you. I know Warriors are in Oakland but Oakland is part of SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA sadly.

ILMindState
08-04-2011, 07:53 PM
The name of this thread might as well say 'What city do you live in?'

I guess you can say that about probably half the threads on PSD

RZZZA
08-04-2011, 08:27 PM
The name of this thread might as well say 'What city do you live in?'

I guess you can say that about probably half the threads on PSD

lol, seriously. what a pointless thread. Everyone is just going to post their homer opinions and name their own town.

Duddy
08-04-2011, 08:53 PM
1) LA: beaches, clubs, women, one of the major cities in the world
2) Miami: warm all year, clubs, more women, just chill lol
3) NY: MSG and is my dream city to live haha