PDA

View Full Version : Offcial PSD F.O.Y. 2009 Poll

2009mvp
12-17-2009, 07:11 PM
I'd make a fighter of the year one but we all know that would end up a near unanimous decision for Pacquiao...

I'm still going with Marquez/Diaz, though there were a couple of fights that made it close.

If you like slugfests, youtube Dunne/Cordoba. Not the sharpest technical fight but KO's galore.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Pacquaio and Hatton was the most exciting for me. Talk about destroying an opponent.

2009mvp
12-19-2009, 06:07 AM
Pretty awesome recap video here, if you missed a few of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOuAiXzwoFo&feature=player_embedded

AddiX
12-19-2009, 06:29 PM
For me its a toss up between Diaz vs Marquez or the Dunne fight.

Both fights were brutal and quite exciting. I think I'll lean towards the diaz quez fight though because I like the young vs old style that fight had.:clap:

INeedMyJays
12-20-2009, 12:09 AM
JMM vs Diaz. Great comeback win for JMM and finishes it off with a nice KO. I woulda chosen Pacquiao vs Hatton but that wasn't really a fight. That was an asswhuppin.

TheRedMarauder
12-22-2009, 08:32 AM
I'd make a fighter of the year one but we all know that would end up a near unanimous decision for Pacquiao...

I'm still going with Marquez/Diaz, though there were a couple of fights that made it close.

If you like slugfests, youtube Dunne/Cordoba. Not the sharpest technical fight but KO's galore.

Dunne vs. Cordoba was amazing and gets my pick, I'm actually a bit surprised that several people here have seen that fight. Currently living in Panama I got to see the fight live on TV and it was great. Did you guys see it on Youtube?

I think you also should have put on the list Lopez vs. Mtagawa.

2009mvp
12-22-2009, 01:42 PM
^^Yeah I checked it out on youtube the week after the fight when a lot of people were talking instant FOY candidate.

There were probably a handful of fights that just missed making the poll, definitely Juanma/Mtagwa and Pascal/Diaconu I.

H.E.R.
12-23-2009, 12:04 AM
I'm going to go with Paul Williams-Sergio Martinez. Out of all the fights mentioned, Williams-Martinez was fought at the highest level for twelve exciting rounds. The only thing that ruined it was the 119-110 score. My runner-up is probably Marquez-Diaz.