PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Livingston

AI4MVP
12-17-2009, 04:08 PM
damn. when the kid came into the league, i honestly thought we were getting the next Magic Johnson. he was really young coming into the league
(straightouta highschool), but i saw ALOT of SUPERSTAR potential in him. then the distgusting disgusting injury(if u didnt see it, make sure u havent eaten for an hour, and go youtube it)

now hes back and he says hes knee is 100%.

hes also only 24 years old.

does anyone think the kid could still comeback and reach his potential(not reach his potential as in be the next magic, but be a good good young point guard)?

IRUAM #21
12-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Just a role player.

TheKing23
12-17-2009, 04:17 PM
I would like to think so but I don't see it happening... That injury shattered his confidence and he is far from the aggressive player he used to be. His jumpshot is mediocre at best and he is relying on that too much now.

He can be a very solid backup now, but I don't see him as a starter.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-17-2009, 04:19 PM
^^^

Like he said... I'd like to... but, I just don't see it happeneing :(

Toenail Clipper
12-17-2009, 04:34 PM
ship him back to the clips so he can get some playing time. he's not gonna get that with the thunder

bbcmillionaire
12-17-2009, 04:39 PM
that one killer season he had was .............wow
but im pulling for homie

Carey
12-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Role player, he'll be a good backup because he's an excellent passer, smart, and mature past his years. Being a Thunder fan i follow all of our players and this guy seems like a 35 year old vet when you hear him talk. Also alot of people might not know he's into films, he produced the movie "next day air" so he has life after basketball figured out as well.

Niro
12-17-2009, 04:49 PM
wow **** just watched the video of his injury on youtube wholy ****

td0tsfinest
12-17-2009, 05:20 PM
this kid definitely had a lot of hype coming out of HS. A 6-7 PG is really unheard. (Stuckey is probably the tallest PG right now at 6-5). Dude has great handles and good court vision. It was really unfortunate to see him go through such an injury.

Despite saying he's 100%, that injury is going to prevent him from doing a lot of things. I think at most, he can be a quality back up PG on a good team.

yanks19791024
12-17-2009, 05:22 PM
what is he 6 foot 7 and 133 lbs, bust

AI4MVP
12-17-2009, 05:39 PM
what is he 6 foot 7 and 133 lbs, bust

yeah its seriously all his fault that he had one of the nastiest knee injuries in nba history

JWO35
12-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Before the Knee Injury it looked like he had some potential to be great...Now, he plays like a totally different player. That injury really set him back....He can still be a decent role player

B.JenningsMVP
12-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Damn injuries.
He couldve been hella raw imo

JasonJohnHorn
12-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Well, he's got a unique size and skill set for his position, the problem really though is that he had came straight out of highschool and missed out on some schooling. College provides a lot of one-on-one coaching, lots of practices and fewer games. Kids really get to learn the game and of all the positions on the court, the point guard is the one that has to know the game better than anybody. He has to make all the choices with the calls, lead the team and set the and call the plays. Missing out on that experience, and then getting injured early in his career, having no ties to an organization for a while and training on his own without the guidance of some veteran coaches and trainers, it woudl be hard to jump back into the game a couple years after a devastating injury, especially since he'd never really got into his game when he was healthy.

Can he do it? Not likely. But I would like to see it happen, but especially considering the fact that there are so many young point guards, and a great number of veteran point guards, he'd have to fight hard for a position. But Cleveland could use a tall guard.

Here's to hoping I'm proved wrong!

Kakaroach
12-17-2009, 07:35 PM
He was so much fun to watch in that one season where the Clippers actually made the playoffs. But yeah, now he won't be much more than a solid role player in this league. Very good passer, obviously he has great size, and a great basketball IQ.

dodie53
12-17-2009, 08:20 PM
a solid back up