PDA

View Full Version : Who can stop the Lakers

G-Funk
12-17-2009, 01:22 PM
Right now the Lakers are the best in the west. Name atleast 2 teams that have a shot from keeping them getting their 16.

albertc86
12-17-2009, 01:23 PM
The Celtics are the only team. I'm not convinced that the Magic upgraded that much nor am I convinced that Cleveland has what it takes.

Gators123
12-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Celtics and Denver

ikjcarrs
12-17-2009, 01:27 PM
celtics & orlando

Raph12
12-17-2009, 01:29 PM
Celtics and Magic have the best shot.

The Bobcats are the Lakers kryptonite, too bad for Charlotte they won't get that far. ;)

Super.
12-17-2009, 01:35 PM
You heard of the mean team? Well we're the GREEN TEAM

Celtics

JordansBulls
12-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Right now the Lakers are the best in the west. Name atleast 2 teams that have a shot from keeping them getting their 16.

In the East Boston, Orlando and maybe Cleveland

Out West maybe a healthy Dallas team or Denver with an upset

MJ-BULLS
12-17-2009, 01:37 PM
celtics denver magic

DirkIsTheBest
12-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Mavericks

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-17-2009, 01:44 PM
I knew this would be made after i read the Celtics one :facepalm:

wallerstud06
12-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Cleveland should not even be in this topic...i think the whole world including Lebron that they can not beat the Lakers in a best of 7 series. Neither can the Celticcs....Only threat i see is Dallas.

G-Funk
12-17-2009, 01:52 PM
I can see Dallas, Nuggets and C's

bbd24
12-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Its not a team, but the refs can stop them. They could start by calling a charge on Kobe when its so blatant.

That will keep them from 16 by itself.

IRUAM #21
12-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Nets

arkanian215
12-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Themselves?

Mavrix
12-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Dallas, they match up extremely well. Most of last years games went down to the wire and so far Dallas is 1-0 against them with their much improved defense.

fairandbalanced
12-17-2009, 02:32 PM

The Lakers and the refs are clearly the favorites in the West. I believe what donaghy said, the NBA is all entertainment and the Lakers make more money for the league anyways.

heyman321
12-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Celtics. Have the Celtics Lakers played against each other this year yet?

Mavrix
12-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Quick fact: Lakers are 18-0 when they score 100 points or more.

Simple strategy: Keep them under 100 points to win :)

azkarraga
12-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Celtics. And may be Denver and Dallas.

macc
12-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Magic, Celtics, Denver

JIMMY CONWAY
12-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Dallas lol you guys crack me up

Toenail Clipper
12-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Jazz at home

TheWatcher34
12-17-2009, 03:55 PM
after watching the Laker's game last night i see clearly now that the sixth man of the Lakers are the refs..and with their help it's gona be tough to beat them for any team .
nevertheles, Boston and Dirk himself are capable of getting the job done in the playoffs.

DCB/LAL
12-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Not even GOD can stop them. Lord have mercy.

Tony_Starks
12-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Nobody. I would've said Bynums knee's but we won last year with him not playing a key role so its pretty much a wrap. Boston should give a good run for the money though, especially with Sheed.... but not enough!

Hawkeye15
12-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Celtics, Orlando, Denver, or Cleveland. Whichever contender enters the playoffs 100% healthy wins. That is what has happened the last few years.

mikantsass
12-17-2009, 05:23 PM
celtics denver magic

Right on

macc
12-17-2009, 05:32 PM
*pumps chest up and stands on the table* I can stop the Lakers!

GspLAL
12-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Only Celtics.

GspLAL
12-17-2009, 05:35 PM
after watching the Laker's game last night i see clearly now that the sixth man of the Lakers are the refs..and with their help it's gona be tough to beat them for any team .
nevertheles, Boston and Dirk himself are capable of getting the job done in the playoffs.

Is a Boston fan really saying this? Really?

ko8e24
12-17-2009, 05:37 PM

:worthy:

ko8e24
12-17-2009, 05:41 PM

don't pay attention to any boston fans. don't take any of them seriously, cuz actuality is that boston fans don't exist. their team wakes up form a 22-yr coma, and now they think they're the ****. in all those 22 yrs, disapointment after disappointment, fire ainge, fire doc, trade pierce, fans covering head with paper bag, kobe mvp chants in boston.

ya, they don't truly exist. (No offense to any of the Celtics "followers" that I respect here on PSD like KG5 etc.)

Slimsim
12-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Dallas Celtics Knicks.

JasonJohnHorn
12-17-2009, 06:10 PM
The Lakers are the best team in the league, and I don't like saying it because I'm not a Kobe fan in the least. They have big guys at every position from center to shooting guard. Kobe is as tall as any shooting guard in the league, Odom plays power and small forward and at his height, he is the tallest small-forward in the league, and one of the bigger power forwards. Artest is as big as most small forwards and has much muscle mass, Gasol was big enough to play center for most of his career and now has moved over to power forward and Bynum is a big body. This team is huge and in the league as it is now, that is a big plus. Couple with that the guys that are big, are also good. I don't think there is a better center in the West right now than Bynum, and Duncan is the only power forward I would say is better than Gasol. Obviously Kobe is the best shooting guard in the league, Artest is the best defender at his position and Odom (in my humble opinion) remains the best bench player in the league, an all-star calibre player and a great rebounder and interior passer. the only weak spot on the roster is point guard and there they have two solid role players. So who is capable of stopping them?

1. Kobe Bryant

In the '08 finals Gasol and Odom were playing some great give and go and working the triangle as good as I've ever seen, so good in fact that the Lakers posted a 20+ point lead and practically had the game wrapped up. What happened? Kobe had to get his greasy hands on the action and force himself into the game. Had he played into his team that night he would have had a meek 17 or 18 point game, but he had to push his way in, and on a bad shooting night that helped the Celtics turn the game around, take the lead and swing the momentum of the series in Boston's favor. Kobe's biggest problem is that he has a hero complex. He wants to be better than Jordan, he wants to be the game saver, and he wants the attention. When he's having a bad shooting night, he puts up more shots than on nights when he's shooting well, because for some reason he feels the need to force things instead of following the flow. If he pulls this in the playoffs this year, it could prove to be a bigger problem than any other team could offer.

2. The Spurs

Is there a team better than the Lakers? Not likely, but despite their record, the Spurs are likely the deepest team in the league and when they get all the their game going, Duncan, Ginobil and Parker can be the most effective tandem in the leauge, and with Jefferson in the mix, Finley and Mason on the wing ready to hit threes when defences collapse, Dejuan Blair posting mind boggling per-48 minute averages and a trio of fresh veteran bodies rotating in at center (McDysse, Ratliff and Bonner), the Spurs have the tools to compete and even defeat the Lakers. They are matched at coaching, they match-up at most positions, and they have one of the best defensive teams in the league. Rebounds and defence wins titles, and the Spurs are about due for another titles. They haven't gone this long without a title since they beat the Pistons!

3. The Celtics

They got a big body in Perkins to match up with Bynum (though Bynum clearly wins that match-up), they got one of the best defensive forwards in the league, the second best shooting guard in the league, the best pure shooter in the league, a point guard that will run circles around Fischer, and Wallace and Daniels coming off the bench. This is a great team and their record shows it. But they will have a much tougher time against these Lakers than the ones they met in the '08 finals should a healthy Bynum and newly added Artest provide the defence and rebound the Lakers were sorley missing in '08.

4. The Cavs

I know there are lots of LBJ haters out there, but he is the best all-around player in the league, he's got a great front court rotation, a point guard that is better than any point guard the Lakers have, and he's starving for a ring. I'd still put my money on the Lakers, but if they did meet in the finals I wouldn't be put too much on the Lakers for fear of losing my shirt. Anybody would be a fool to bet against LBJ, even if you are putting your money on a better all around team. That said the Cavs biggest challenge will be the fact that they will be grossly out-matched in the coaching department.

5. Injuries.

The 76ers won a title with Dr. J and Moses Malone, and though most would say a team featuring two such dominant stars is good enough to win a title, most from that era would also agree that if the Lakers (Magic, Kareem, Worthy and Co.) weren't ravaged by injury that year, Magic would have retired with 5 rings instead of 4. If the Lakers suffer injuries to key players like Gasol, Bynum, or Kobe, it will be hard to pull it off.

Sorry to the Orlando Magic fans, but the Lakers managed to out play them last year, I imagine they would do it again this should the two meet up again. Bynum is better, Artest is a step up from Ariza (even if Ariza is a better role player and likely a better fit for the Lakers), and Carter isn't giong to be able to defend Kobe.

ragee
12-17-2009, 06:13 PM
Celtics and Magic have the best shot.

The Bobcats are the Lakers kryptonite, too bad for Charlotte they won't get that far. ;)

Hahahha... True... Too bad they are in the east... Even if they make the playoffs, they need to go to the finals for them to beat the Lakers... Imagine if they are in the west, get the 8th spot and face the Lakers in the first round? That's wishful thinking though... They won't be able to handle the Lakers in a 7 game series... Hahahha...

I don't get this thread though... Who's going to stop the Lakers? Why? Are they so far ahead that it seems like they are so much better than the other teams? Aren't they tied with the Celts with the best record right now? The Hawks and the Magic are not far behind as well... Too early to say that the Lakers are going to be at the top after the season is over because it is not even the half of the season yet... I am more impressed by the Celts' 20-4 record than the Lakers' 20-4... The Lakers have played mostly at home so far... They have played seven games on the road and lost 2 of them... While the Celtics are 12-1 on the road... So I think if people are going to start a thread about who's going to beat the best team... It should be the Celtics... Not the Lakers...

I think the Magic and the Celtics both have legit chances on beating the Lakers... The Lakers are great but so are those two teams...

Oh, just to be clear and not get a bashing that I don't deserve, I am not a Celtic fan! Hahaha

ragee
12-17-2009, 06:23 PM
I know there are lots of LBJ haters out there, but he is the best all-around player in the league

I have to disagree with you... Kobe is the best all-around player in the league... Lebron is a freak when it comes to strength and athleticism but that's about it... His defense is overrated because most people just look at his blindside blocks... Kobe has better arsenal of moves that he can use to score and is a better defender than Lebron... This is coming from a person who lives in LA and really hates KObe BTW... Hahahaha

Sorry to the Orlando Magic fans, but the Lakers managed to out play them last year, I imagine they would do it again this should the two meet up again. Bynum is better, Artest is a step up from Ariza (even if Ariza is a better role player and likely a better fit for the Lakers), and Carter isn't going to be able to defend Kobe.

The Lakers have gotten better but so did the Magic... They have a more consistent player in Carter... Got a dead eye shooter that fits perfectly with Dwight in Anderson... They also got a good defender in Barnes, a decent back up pg in White Chocolate... Reddick is so much better this year and hopefully, Nelson will be healthy for in the Playoffs so he can give Fisher a lot of problems if ever both teams get to the finals this year...

superkegger
12-17-2009, 06:25 PM
I hope and pray for a healthy Celtics and Lakers teams going into the playoffs and through out the playoffs. I think if they are, those two teams will meet in the finals again. Cleveland, Orlando and Atlanta are good teams sure, but I don't see them knocking off the Celtics. And I really don't see any Western Conference team with enough firepower to beat a healthy Lakers team. I just don't.

So really I think it comes down to the Lakers and Celtics and injuries.

Rangers510
12-17-2009, 06:35 PM
the bucks can stop them, they only lost by one after the refs got on there knees and gave kobe every call

DCB/LAL
12-17-2009, 06:42 PM
the bucks can stop them, they only lost by one after the refs got on there knees and gave kobe every call

Nope sorry the bucks lost.

Ironman5219
12-17-2009, 06:59 PM
Jazz beat up on them pretty good the other night and before you all scream "but Kobe was injured" So was half of Utah's team. I think a healthy Jazz team would take a healthy LA team to 7 hard fought games in the playoffs.
Celtics and Denver could cause problems for them as well

macc
12-17-2009, 07:01 PM
The Lakers are the best team in the league, and I don't like saying it because I'm not a Kobe fan in the least. They have big guys at every position from center to shooting guard. Kobe is as tall as any shooting guard in the league, Odom plays power and small forward and at his height, he is the tallest small-forward in the league, and one of the bigger power forwards. Artest is as big as most small forwards and has much muscle mass, Gasol was big enough to play center for most of his career and now has moved over to power forward and Bynum is a big body. This team is huge and in the league as it is now, that is a big plus. Couple with that the guys that are big, are also good. I don't think there is a better center in the West right now than Bynum, and Duncan is the only power forward I would say is better than Gasol. Obviously Kobe is the best shooting guard in the league, Artest is the best defender at his position and Odom (in my humble opinion) remains the best bench player in the league, an all-star calibre player and a great rebounder and interior passer. the only weak spot on the roster is point guard and there they have two solid role players. So who is capable of stopping them?

1. Kobe Bryant

In the '08 finals Gasol and Odom were playing some great give and go and working the triangle as good as I've ever seen, so good in fact that the Lakers posted a 20+ point lead and practically had the game wrapped up. What happened? Kobe had to get his greasy hands on the action and force himself into the game. Had he played into his team that night he would have had a meek 17 or 18 point game, but he had to push his way in, and on a bad shooting night that helped the Celtics turn the game around, take the lead and swing the momentum of the series in Boston's favor. Kobe's biggest problem is that he has a hero complex. He wants to be better than Jordan, he wants to be the game saver, and he wants the attention. When he's having a bad shooting night, he puts up more shots than on nights when he's shooting well, because for some reason he feels the need to force things instead of following the flow. If he pulls this in the playoffs this year, it could prove to be a bigger problem than any other team could offer.

2. The Spurs

Is there a team better than the Lakers? Not likely, but despite their record, the Spurs are likely the deepest team in the league and when they get all the their game going, Duncan, Ginobil and Parker can be the most effective tandem in the leauge, and with Jefferson in the mix, Finley and Mason on the wing ready to hit threes when defences collapse, Dejuan Blair posting mind boggling per-48 minute averages and a trio of fresh veteran bodies rotating in at center (McDysse, Ratliff and Bonner), the Spurs have the tools to compete and even defeat the Lakers. They are matched at coaching, they match-up at most positions, and they have one of the best defensive teams in the league. Rebounds and defence wins titles, and the Spurs are about due for another titles. They haven't gone this long without a title since they beat the Pistons!

3. The Celtics

They got a big body in Perkins to match up with Bynum (though Bynum clearly wins that match-up), they got one of the best defensive forwards in the league, the second best shooting guard in the league, the best pure shooter in the league, a point guard that will run circles around Fischer, and Wallace and Daniels coming off the bench. This is a great team and their record shows it. But they will have a much tougher time against these Lakers than the ones they met in the '08 finals should a healthy Bynum and newly added Artest provide the defence and rebound the Lakers were sorley missing in '08.

4. The Cavs

I know there are lots of LBJ haters out there, but he is the best all-around player in the league, he's got a great front court rotation, a point guard that is better than any point guard the Lakers have, and he's starving for a ring. I'd still put my money on the Lakers, but if they did meet in the finals I wouldn't be put too much on the Lakers for fear of losing my shirt. Anybody would be a fool to bet against LBJ, even if you are putting your money on a better all around team. That said the Cavs biggest challenge will be the fact that they will be grossly out-matched in the coaching department.

5. Injuries.

The 76ers won a title with Dr. J and Moses Malone, and though most would say a team featuring two such dominant stars is good enough to win a title, most from that era would also agree that if the Lakers (Magic, Kareem, Worthy and Co.) weren't ravaged by injury that year, Magic would have retired with 5 rings instead of 4. If the Lakers suffer injuries to key players like Gasol, Bynum, or Kobe, it will be hard to pull it off.

Sorry to the Orlando Magic fans, but the Lakers managed to out play them last year, I imagine they would do it again this should the two meet up again. Bynum is better, Artest is a step up from Ariza (even if Ariza is a better role player and likely a better fit for the Lakers), and Carter isn't giong to be able to defend Kobe.

I guess we'll just have to see won't we? The Magic though lost the series, it was actually pretty close, even with losing in 5 considering two of those games could of gone the other way very very easily. But that's basketball. Plus we didn't have a healthy Nelson who was our best player against the Lakers last year. Kinda a big deal there. Not making an excuse though. Injuries are part of the game.

The Lakers upgraded with Artest slighty but the Magic severly upgraded their roster and now have the size to match up with the Lakers that they didn't have last year.

Plus the Magic have a much much deeper bench then the Lakers. What seperates the Magic from alot of teams is when their starters go out, their bench players don't miss a beat, so it's like playing starters the entire game.

Now I'm not going to say the Magic would win a series, I think they have a great chance. I'm also not going to say the Lakers would win a series. I do like our chances though. I honestly don't think anyone can say who would win or lose a series today. I think that would simply be ignorant. Also remember the Magic have been dominating people all year without a fully healthy squad. Lewis out 10 games, Carter/Anderson/Barnes/Nelson/MP all missing games due to injury. We haven't even got close to see what the Magics potential is. The Lakers have had their guys for a little while now and we're seeing their best stuff early in the season. The Magic can't say the same thing but yet they're still 19-6.

Would be a great series. Who knows who would win but as I just said. I like our chances.

DCB/LAL
12-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Jazz beat up on them pretty good the other night and before you all scream "but Kobe was injured" So was half of Utah's team. I think a healthy Jazz team would take a healthy LA team to 7 hard fought games in the playoffs.
Celtics and Denver could cause problems for them as well

No your wrong sorry come playoff time Lakers just roll over the Jazz. Must suck for the Jazz fans cause first Jordan was in their way and Now its Kobe. :pity:

Gibby23
12-17-2009, 07:05 PM
I guess we'll just have to see won't we? The Magic though lost the series, it was actually pretty close, even with losing in 5 considering two of those games could of gone the other way very very easily. But that's basketball.

The Lakers upgraded with Artest slighty but the Magic severly upgraded their roster and now have the size to match up with the Lakers that they didn't have last year.
Plus the Magic have a much much deeper bench then the Lakers. What seperates the Magic from alot of teams is when their starters go out, their bench players don't miss a beat, so it's like playing starters the entire game.

Now I'm not going to say the Magic would win a series, I think they have a great chance. I'm also not going to say the Lakers would win a series. I do like our chances though. I honestly don't think anyone can say who would win or lose a series today. I think that would simply be ignorant. Also remember the Magic have been dominating people all year without a fully healthy squad. Lewis out 10 games, Carter/Anderson/Barnes/Nelson/MP all missing games due to injury. We haven't even got close to see what the Magics potential is. The Lakers have had their guys for a little while now and we're seeing their best stuff early in the season. The Magic can't say the same thing but yet they're still 19-6.

Would be a great series. Who knows who would win but as I just said. I like our chances.
The Magic are still a 3 point shooting team, they try to go to D12 or shoot a 3, I don't care what size they added they still are a jump shooting team. The "size" in Bass doesn't even play much.

kobe24>lebron23
12-17-2009, 07:45 PM
only player that can stop kobe is kobe himeself and the only team that can stop the lakers r the lakers themselves ... simple as that

Bishnoff
12-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Celtics or Denver.

JasonJohnHorn
12-17-2009, 09:11 PM
I have to disagree with you... Kobe is the best all-around player in the league... Lebron is a freak when it comes to strength and athleticism but that's about it... His defense is overrated because most people just look at his blindside blocks... Kobe has better arsenal of moves that he can use to score and is a better defender than Lebron... This is coming from a person who lives in LA and really hates KObe BTW... Hahahaha

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. LBJ is a better player maker, facilitator, rebounder, and has a better assist-to-steals ratio, his percentages are all about the same or higher, he gets as many steals and more blocks and more points. Looking soley at the stat line, there is clearly a case that LBJ is the better all around player, but outside of the stat sheets, Kobe's defence IS better and he has more moves when it comes to scoring I will admit, but he doesn't know when to pull back the scoring and facilitate for his teammates, where as LBJ knows when to defer to his team. But the Kobe LBJ debate can rage for hours. Clearly they are the two best players in the league and whoever is better than the other is not so much better that its not debatable.

The Lakers have gotten better but so did the Magic... They have a more consistent player in Carter... Got a dead eye shooter that fits perfectly with Dwight in Anderson... They also got a good defender in Barnes, a decent back up pg in White Chocolate... Reddick is so much better this year and hopefully, Nelson will be healthy for in the Playoffs so he can give Fisher a lot of problems if ever both teams get to the finals this year...

You are absolutely right, the Magic have made improvements, but I see a lot fo their bench as unproven. Carter, outside of the season where the Raps pushed the 76ers to game 7, never really had any outstanding playoff performances, and that was years ago. The Magic are better, but i think they will miss having two great play makers on the floor at once (Turk and Nelson). Nelson will get the better of Fish for sure, but Bynum is even better than last year, and while i thought Artest would only look good on paper, he is proving to be a perfect fit for LA and makes them even better. Between his addition and Bynum improvement, I just can't see how anybody could beat a Lakers team that is healthy. But Van Gundy is a great coach, he could pull a rabit out of his hat.

Bishnoff
12-17-2009, 09:23 PM
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. LBJ is a better player maker, facilitator, rebounder, and has a better assist-to-steals ratio, his percentages are all about the same or higher, he gets as many steals and more blocks and more points.

What is an "assist-to-steals ratio"? Do you mean "assist-to-turnover ratio"?

Super.
12-17-2009, 09:43 PM

But Chuck Norris can!

:laugh:

Quikdraw
12-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Boston or Denver has a good chance.

goose15
12-17-2009, 10:00 PM
The Nets or Wolves

asmarks18
12-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Mavs took care of them with ease earlier this season. You can argue they didn't have Gasol, but we didn't have Howard. And if you ask me Howard means more the the Mavs than Gasol does to the Lakers. Howards replacement in the lineup is Quinton Ross. Gasols is Lamar Odom. I won't get my hopes too high but I think the Mavericks can pull off an upset with a little luck here and there.

jdroubi
12-17-2009, 10:29 PM
The Lakers are stacked if the Celtics or Orlando get to the finals it would be a real battle IMO. I give the edge to the Celtics over Orlando because this is their first contender team I have seen. In the West you got to give it to Denver for being stacked and big, but too much talent from the Lakers, it would be a good series. You never know tho teams like the Suns or even Rockets who play hard and fast every night could get lucky and take them out but in a 7 game series the better team usually wins. I would say Dallas because Dirk is a mismatch against almost anyone but I think the Lakers have to many different bodies to throw at him.

tjlipford
12-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Nobody. Boston is good but will lose in a best of 7. They are aging and it shows. They have a good record but don't even see them coming out of the East. I don't know why people say Denver. They are an exciting team to watch, but will never pose a real threat to LA in a 7 game series as the last two years have shown. Cleveland is gonna have a hard time getting past the Magic and Celtics with their current team so they would probably get swept if they played LA. The Lakers are the best team by far in the NBA unless some bs happensto Kobe. I just wish people stop talking about Denver because they have nothing for LA and it shows every year they play LA.

The threat for LA in my opinion is a healthy Magic team but even then I don't see the series going 7. I may be wrong about Boston though so we just have to wait

IDB Josh M
12-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Denver, Dallas and Boston right now. Still alot of a season to determine.

Toenail Clipper
12-17-2009, 10:45 PM
But Chuck Norris can!

:laugh:

No he can't, he couldn't even stop Bruce Lee!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLO1YIWQuXE

xwashableclothx
12-17-2009, 11:56 PM
Well if the NBA would be a fair league I would say Dallas, Denver, and San Antonio all could beat them.

But seeing as referees are afraid to go against Kobe in the final minutes of a game no one can beat them.

DoubleDragon
12-18-2009, 12:26 AM
Well if the NBA would be a fair league I would say Dallas, Denver, and San Antonio all could beat them.

But seeing as referees are afraid to go against Kobe in the final minutes of a game no one can beat them.

:violin::cry::violin:

desertlakeshow
12-18-2009, 01:06 AM
The Injuries can stop the Laker's in the west. That is the only team out west.

Those rotten, cheap beer swilling, cabbage eating, leprechaun hosing, bad smelling, harry women loving, bags of used vinegar Celtics could pose a problem in the finals.

Truth hurts.

What is green and red all over. A Celtic in a blender.

YankeeLove2
12-18-2009, 01:25 AM
bobcats own lakers

heathonater
12-18-2009, 01:32 AM
the only team that can stop the lakers is boston. that would be a great finals rematch if those two teams were to meet again.

shep33
12-18-2009, 01:52 AM
Dallas really?? Just cause they beat them once in the 2nd game of the year. I think they'd lose 4-1 in a series to LA. Boston and Denver are my bets. Boston b/c their bigs can match LA's and Denver b/c they are great at home, and can score at all 5 positions. But that being said, Boston is better than Denver.

Evolution23
12-18-2009, 02:02 AM

How about 3 teams? I'll start with the Nuggets who were pretty close to beating you guys last year if it wasn't for 2 avoidable turnovers by Kenyon Martin. Next the Celtics who crushed the Lakers 2 years ago in the finals. Third the Magic who are on the rise once again and proved that they are a legit contenders. The Lakers are the most talented team in the league but don't act like the Lakers are 10 levels above all these other teams, because they do have weakness. These include weak point guards like Fisher and Farmar, Bynums ability to stay healthy, the fact that Artest can still go out and lose his temper and get suspended in key games. You can't say he has matured that much because the guy still does crazy **** on and off the court (coming out half naked on the game show). I'm just being realistic and objective, don't get too cocky cause the Lakers won last year. Anything can happen in the NBA

CowboysKB24
12-18-2009, 02:49 AM
If everyone stays healthy, I don't see how it is not going to be Celtics and Lakers rematch. Maybe a player on a good team could develop into a big time impact on one of the contending teams, but I just don't see it.

Magic are second behind the Celtics and Lakers.

thrilla11
12-18-2009, 03:05 AM
Kobe finding out that his wife also had an affair with Tiger Woods

JasonJohnHorn
12-18-2009, 06:15 AM
What is an "assist-to-steals ratio"? Do you mean "assist-to-turnover ratio"?

I did. Sorry.

LALakersKC
12-18-2009, 09:12 AM

What he said /\

td0tsfinest
12-18-2009, 09:42 AM
Don't underestimate the Celtics my friend. I really despise them but they are very good. I think both KG and Rasheed Wallace could easily push around Bynum and Gasol in the low post.

The Nuggets are a team that is fueled by emotions. If they finish the season strong, going into the playoffs, they could be dangerous.

DodgerorLaker?
12-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Themselves.......To say Cleveland,Magic (who they punked badly last year) and the worse team to say is Dallas? Are you serious?the softy Mavs?? LOL--The Lakers IF HEALTHY will only get a battle from the Celtics in the Finals this year but still should win in a series cause there a better team.The Lakers will be a title contender for the next 4-5 yrs.

king4day
12-18-2009, 10:50 AM

That about sums up what I was thinking.

It's easy to think a team is godlike when the schedule has been pretty soft.

#1Mavericksfan
12-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Dallas and Denver are the only teams in the west that will give the L.A. Sterns/Lakers a run for there money.

cbs134679
12-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Celtics hands down, their the only team that can match-up with the lakers bigs with sheed, garnette and perkins, and they have rondo which is the type of pg that gives lakers problems because of fisher, and lakers have no answer for pierce, and no artest isn't the answer he torches him every time they play.

DodgerorLaker?
12-18-2009, 11:13 AM
Dallas and Denver are the only teams in the west that will give the L.A. Sterns/Lakers a run for there money.

Come on honestly? what have the Mavs done in the last few years to warrant them to give the Lakers "a run for there money"? please! Denver is tough and will fight L.A in the WCF but Dallas wont get outta the 2nd round.You having a picture of a single regular season game with the final score shows how sad you and your team is........that win was the championship for you "softy" Mavs and Mark Cuban.Classic!!!

DodgerorLaker?
12-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Celtics hands down, their the only team that can match-up with the lakers bigs with sheed, garnette and perkins, and they have rondo which is the type of pg that gives lakers problems because of fisher, and lakers have no answer for pierce, and no artest isn't the answer he torches him every time they play.

LOL go look at previous stats Pierce doesn't "tourch" Artest everytime! LOL!!! if that is the case in a series then will just put Kobe on Pierce! He will lock him up or even better maybe make Pierce fall down and cry like 2yrs ago...the Celtics aren't even gonna beat Atlanta or Orlando anyways so its a stupid argument.

#1Mavericksfan
12-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Come on honestly? what have the Mavs done in the last few years to warrant them to give the Lakers "a run for there money"? please! Denver is tough and will fight L.A in the WCF but Dallas wont get outta the 2nd round.You having a picture of a single regular season game with the final score shows how sad you and your team is........that win was the championship for you "softy" Mavs and Mark Cuban.Classic!!!

Ok you have to be the biggets Laker homer I seen so far.....What have the Mavs one I mean really dude?....I think it's clear to see you never seen a Mavs game in your life so stick to looking at Lakers games and reading your Kobe mags, oh the Nuggets are not getting past the second round because there gonna get exposed in the playoffs and there record on the road sucks this season....and the Cuban/Mavs jokes are old as hell now so grow up.

Ishkabibble
12-18-2009, 11:33 AM
The Celtics can beat them. Remember all those buffoons who thought the Lakers would run away w/ the '08 Finals. Don't get me wrong; as it stands now, LA should be the favorite, but it's close. Also, if both teams get to the Finals...as it stands right now...Rondo will flat-out destroy Derek Fisher or any other point guard currrently on the Laker roster. Wanna put Kobe on him, fine; but LA might definitely needs a upgrade at PG.

DodgerorLaker?
12-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Ok you have to be the biggets Laker homer I seen so far.....What have the Mavs one I mean really dude?....I think it's clear to see you never seen a Mavs game in your life so stick to looking at Lakers games and reading your Kobe mags, oh the Nuggets are not getting past the second round because there gonna get exposed in the playoffs and there record on the road sucks this season....and the Cuban/Mavs jokes are old as hell now so grow up.

Like I said having a sig of a regular season victory agains the WORLD CHAMPS is your teams championship for the season.I've seen plenty of Mavs games to know that they don't play defense! Period!!! The Nuggets are much more talented and tougher than your Mavs buddy.......i'll be dropping a load on you this spring when your team (with the huge payrol) doesn't get even to the WCF and the Nuggets and Lakers are fighting to get to the Finals (which would be the 3rd straight Finals for the Lakers) The Lakers organzation is the team of the decade with being in the Finals 6 times and winning 4 of them! taste it buddy.

DodgerorLaker?
12-18-2009, 11:51 AM
The Celtics can beat them. Remember all those buffoons who thought the Lakers would run away w/ the '08 Finals. Don't get me wrong; as it stands now, LA should be the favorite, but it's close. Also, if both teams get to the Finals...as it stands right now...Rondo will flat-out destroy Derek Fisher or any other point guard currrently on the Laker roster. Wanna put Kobe on him, fine; but LA might definitely needs a upgrade at PG.

HUH? The Celtics had a better record than the Lakers and were favored......buffon?? LOL

Dogers101
12-18-2009, 11:55 AM
The Toronto Maple Leafs.

KnicksorBust
12-18-2009, 12:01 PM
How about 3 teams? I'll start with the Nuggets who were pretty close to beating you guys last year if it wasn't for 2 avoidable turnovers by Kenyon Martin. Next the Celtics who crushed the Lakers 2 years ago in the finals. Third the Magic who are on the rise once again and proved that they are a legit contenders. The Lakers are the most talented team in the league but don't act like the Lakers are 10 levels above all these other teams, because they do have weakness. These include weak point guards like Fisher and Farmar, Bynums ability to stay healthy, the fact that Artest can still go out and lose his temper and get suspended in key games. You can't say he has matured that much because the guy still does crazy **** on and off the court (coming out half naked on the game show). I'm just being realistic and objective, don't get too cocky cause the Lakers won last year. Anything can happen in the NBA

The Nuggets are worse than last year and the Lakers are better than last year. The Magic showed last year they were outmatched and I find it hard to believe that Vince Carter is the missing piece to a championship.

The Celtics and Cavs would have a chance because both the Cavs and Celtics have the size to compete with the Lakers bigmen and a perimeter player to match with Kobe. Other than that barring any injury the Lakers are are gonna cruise to the Finals and then have a dogfight if they face those two teams.

TheWatcher34
12-18-2009, 12:05 PM

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437145

YES!?

MFFL2008
12-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Dallas

NyCsPoRtS1
12-18-2009, 12:09 PM
knicks

Gibby23
12-18-2009, 12:10 PM
The Nuggets are worse than last year and the Lakers are better than last year. The Magic showed last year they were outmatched and I find it hard to believe that Vince Carter is the missing piece to a championship.

The Celtics and Cavs would have a chance because both the Cavs and Celtics have the size to compete with the Lakers bigmen and a perimeter player to match with Kobe. Other than that barring any injury the Lakers are are gonna cruise to the Finals and then have a dogfight if they face those two teams.

Denver is better than last year.

MFFL2008
12-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Denver is better than last year.

Doubt it!!! :facepalm:

mikantsass
12-18-2009, 12:17 PM
HUH? The Celtics had a better record than the Lakers and were favored......buffon?? LOL

Celtics were not even close to favorites that year. 9 out of 10 ESPN analysts picked the Lakers. You know how much money i made off of that series???

bigsams50
12-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Celtics were not even close to favorites that year. 9 out of 10 ESPN analysts picked the Lakers. You know how much money i made off of that series???

And only 3 of those had the series going longer than 5 games. Man, ESPN really messed that one up lol

mikantsass
12-18-2009, 12:32 PM
And only 3 of those had the series going longer than 5 games. Man, ESPN really messed that one up lol

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/series?series=lalbos

Legler is the only one to pick the C's. And this doesnt count Magic, Wilbon, and Stewart Scott who all picked the Lakers.

Gibby23
12-18-2009, 12:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/series?series=lalbos

Legler is the only one to pick the C's. And this doesnt count Magic, Wilbon, and Stewart Scott who all picked the Lakers.

Why are you guys still living off a title 2 years ago. The Celtics got older, The Lakers got better.

SchyGuy11
12-18-2009, 12:40 PM
These who can stop who threads are getting ridiculous. Any team could beat any team on a given night this is why they have something called playoffs so we can find out what team is really the best.

G 304
12-18-2009, 12:45 PM
If the Bench get it together NO one will be them in the Playoffs!

G-Funk
12-18-2009, 01:23 PM
The mavs? seriously?

masalex1205
12-18-2009, 01:58 PM
lol at the Mavs...Really people?

Tanakid777
12-18-2009, 02:10 PM
lol at the idiot who said Dallas doesn't play defense. Dallas= 2nd in blocks, 3rd in RPG, 8th in opponent PPG, 3rd in opponent FG %, 4th in opponent FTM per game, 5th in opponent FT ATT per game, 8th in turnovers forced. Pretty good for a soft(B.S.) team with no D. Oh and BTW, Dirk IS clutch

# According to Elias Stats Bureau, Nowitzki has knocked down an NBA-best eight game-winning shots -- three this season -- in the final two seconds since 2005-06. Dwyane Wade ranks second with five.

# Nowitzki has hit 10 game winners in the final 10 seconds during that span, tied for first through Wednesday with Kobe Bryant and one ahead of David West and Chauncey Billups.

# Nowitzki annually ranks among the league's top clutch scorers, as calculated by 82games.com, which defines "clutch" as less than five minutes remaining and neither team ahead by more than five points. Nowitzki has averaged more than 40 points per 48 minutes in those situations in five of the past six seasons (39.3 in 2005-06 is the exception). He's averaging a career-best 47.1 points per 48 clutch minutes this season.

As a 7-footer with shooting guard skills, Nowitzki has always been a matchup nightmare. However, a maturation process had to take place before he had the mentality to be the Dallas Mavericks' go-to guy in game-deciding moments.

The numbers don't lie. Nuff said

Courtesy:ESPN

Da Knicks
12-18-2009, 03:05 PM
David Stern is the only one that can stop the Lakers but why would he? Give them a team in the east that can be entertaining for a real show deliver us Lebron and Stat you can do it Stern!

G-Funk
12-18-2009, 03:18 PM
lol at the idiot who said Dallas doesn't play defense. Dallas= 2nd in blocks, 3rd in RPG, 8th in opponent PPG, 3rd in opponent FG %, 4th in opponent FTM per game, 5th in opponent FT ATT per game, 8th in turnovers forced. Pretty good for a soft(B.S.) team with no D. Oh and BTW, Dirk IS clutch

# According to Elias Stats Bureau, Nowitzki has knocked down an NBA-best eight game-winning shots -- three this season -- in the final two seconds since 2005-06. Dwyane Wade ranks second with five.

# Nowitzki has hit 10 game winners in the final 10 seconds during that span, tied for first through Wednesday with Kobe Bryant and one ahead of David West and Chauncey Billups.

# Nowitzki annually ranks among the league's top clutch scorers, as calculated by 82games.com, which defines "clutch" as less than five minutes remaining and neither team ahead by more than five points. Nowitzki has averaged more than 40 points per 48 minutes in those situations in five of the past six seasons (39.3 in 2005-06 is the exception). He's averaging a career-best 47.1 points per 48 clutch minutes this season.

As a 7-footer with shooting guard skills, Nowitzki has always been a matchup nightmare. However, a maturation process had to take place before he had the mentality to be the Dallas Mavericks' go-to guy in game-deciding moments.

The numbers don't lie. Nuff said

Courtesy:ESPN

Dirk is good but I don't want a 7 footer in the perimeter shooting 3's and fade away jumpers, their is pleanty of guards in the league who do that. Personally speaking of course, I want my 7 footer in the paint with my guards in the perimeter. So yes I would take Gasol, KG. and Duncan over him.

Storch
12-18-2009, 03:51 PM
I would say Celtics, Denver, and Mavs

TEXASTITAN
12-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Houston proved to be hard to handle for the lakers and they have played them tough this year. Keep counting the scrappy rockets out after enough chipping away even the strongest wall collapses.

Tony_Starks
12-18-2009, 04:05 PM
The mavs? seriously?

Thats the same thing I thought. The Mavs? It must be some sort of inside joke or something. They're not even better then the nuggets who Lakers have bounced 2 years straight.

rjvacad
12-18-2009, 04:09 PM
The only team that can beat the Lakers is the Lakers!

Gibby23
12-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Houston proved to be hard to handle for the lakers and they have played them tough this year. Keep counting the scrappy rockets out after enough chipping away even the strongest wall collapses.

Ok.

ragee
12-18-2009, 06:48 PM
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. LBJ is a better player maker, facilitator, rebounder, and has a better assist-to-steals ratio, his percentages are all about the same or higher, he gets as many steals and more blocks and more points. Looking soley at the stat line, there is clearly a case that LBJ is the better all around player, but outside of the stat sheets, Kobe's defence IS better and he has more moves when it comes to scoring I will admit, but he doesn't know when to pull back the scoring and facilitate for his teammates, where as LBJ knows when to defer to his team. But the Kobe LBJ debate can rage for hours. Clearly they are the two best players in the league and whoever is better than the other is not so much better that its not debatable.

So ********** true! Hahahha... That is one of the reasons why I hate him but I still stand on my opinion that is bettr than Lebron... I am not going to argue with you anymore thgh coz it is not worth it... I hate this guy! There is no reason to defend him! :D

You are absolutely right, the Magic have made improvements, but I see a lot fo their bench as unproven. Carter, outside of the season where the Raps pushed the 76ers to game 7, never really had any outstanding playoff performances, and that was years ago. The Magic are better, but i think they will miss having two great play makers on the floor at once (Turk and Nelson). Nelson will get the better of Fish for sure, but Bynum is even better than last year, and while i thought Artest would only look good on paper, he is proving to be a perfect fit for LA and makes them even better. Between his addition and Bynum improvement, I just can't see how anybody could beat a Lakers team that is healthy. But Van Gundy is a great coach, he could pull a rabit out of his hat.

The Magic are really looking good right now... True, they are still a 3 point shooting team but it works for them... The inside out play is perfect for Dwight and 4 shooters... They have deepened their roster... They have traded the matchup problems and the playmaking skills of Hedo for a more consistent scoring of Carter... I think it is working well for us... However, they have yet to prove anything so I guess we will just have to wait and see... I hope we can get a rematch against you guys in the finals...

Toenail Clipper
12-18-2009, 06:55 PM
David Stern is the only one that can stop the Lakers but why would he? Give them a team in the east that can be entertaining for a real show deliver us Lebron and Stat you can do it Stern!

Shut up with that Stern conspiracy bullcrap, it's not true and you guys are just making a bunch of excuses!
Where was David Stern when the Lakers sucked?

Gibby23
12-18-2009, 06:56 PM
The Magic are really looking good right now... True, they are still a 3 point shooting team but it works for them... The inside out play is perfect for Dwight and 4 shooters... They have deepened their roster... They have traded the matchup problems and the playmaking skills of Hedo for a more consistent scoring of Carter... I think it is working well for us... However, they have yet to prove anything so I guess we will just have to wait and see... I hope we can get a rematch against you guys in the finals...

I think the Magic should start

Nelson (when he cimes back)
Carter
Lewis
Bass
Howard

Ironman5219
12-18-2009, 07:43 PM
No your wrong sorry come playoff time Lakers just roll over the Jazz. Must suck for the Jazz fans cause first Jordan was in their way and Now its Kobe. :pity:

I remember those year when we lost to Jordans Bulls.... I remmeber us sweeping Kobe and the lakers several times. LA is one of the biggest markets so you always get the big name players, the big name name celebraties and every big call from the ref for superstar treatment. That will never change and I'm ok with that. For what Utah has accomplished with its small market the last 30 years is remarkable for any franchise of any sport. I do look forward to playoff time this year as I'm sure another epic series between LA and Utah. You'll never admit it but come playoff time you want your team to play anywhere but Salt Lake City.

_HighFlyers_
12-19-2009, 02:04 PM
How can stop them with kobe taking 40 shots a game?

Raph12
12-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Maybe NJ? :shrug:

Tony_Starks
12-19-2009, 04:40 PM
from hoopshype

Reporting from New York - Lakers forward Pau Gasol has agreed in principle to an extension that would keep him under contract through 2013-14, and Kobe Bryant has had ever-improving discussions on a contract extension that would keep him with the Lakers for the same period.

On Friday, Gasol smiled and said, "I haven't signed anything yet," but it was merely semantics, the stroke of a pen probably completing his extension within a few days after the Lakers' trip ends Sunday in Detroit, according to sources close to the negotiations but not authorized to speak publicly.

Gasol, 29, made the Lakers instant championship contenders when he was acquired in February 2008 from the Memphis Grizzlies, but his current contract expires after next season. He is making $16.5 million this season and $17.8 million next season, though a three-year extension would net him an additional sum of up to $64.7 million, depending on NBA salary-cap figures to be determined in 2011.

Rocco007
12-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Read my Sig!!!!

Rocco007
12-19-2009, 05:19 PM
The man in the mirror

Tony_Starks
12-19-2009, 05:21 PM
damn right!

TheKing23
12-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Thread worthy? Really?

Throw this in the Lakers forum, or let these guys continually give Lakers fans a bad name.

King Koopa
12-19-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm just wondering, if Kobe win's 7 rings would that make him better then Jordan? In my opinion Kobe is better then Jordan with his 4 rings but maybe everyone else will have a change of mind. :shrug:

Bruno
12-19-2009, 06:22 PM
Is this why Kobe has waited to sign his extension?

Tony_Starks
12-19-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm just wondering, if Kobe win's 7 rings would that make him better then Jordan? In my opinion Kobe is better then Jordan with his 4 rings but maybe everyone else will have a change of mind. :shrug:

Awww man you don't want to even start that one man. Thats like bringing up politics or religion.

But to answer your question yes, he will be better if he gets the 7 rings.

bigsams50
12-19-2009, 06:24 PM

He has to win 7 rings first for this to even be a discussion. And Pau resigning doesnt make them a lock to become a dynasty.

ManRam
12-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Bad news for the rest of the NBA.

smith&wesson
12-19-2009, 06:58 PM
from hoopshype

Reporting from New York - Lakers forward Pau Gasol has agreed in principle to an extension that would keep him under contract through 2013-14, and Kobe Bryant has had ever-improving discussions on a contract extension that would keep him with the Lakers for the same period.

On Friday, Gasol smiled and said, "I haven't signed anything yet," but it was merely semantics, the stroke of a pen probably completing his extension within a few days after the Lakers' trip ends Sunday in Detroit, according to sources close to the negotiations but not authorized to speak publicly.

Gasol, 29, made the Lakers instant championship contenders when he was acquired in February 2008 from the Memphis Grizzlies, but his current contract expires after next season. He is making $16.5 million this season and $17.8 million next season, though a three-year extension would net him an additional sum of up to $64.7 million, depending on NBA salary-cap figures to be determined in 2011.

sorry what is this thread about ? im just looking at your picture :drool:

for real though, I hope kobe gets another 3 rings.

also i hope the lakers surpass the celtics in ships won.

and i hope the raptors get a ring some time this century. one can hope.

Tony_Starks
12-19-2009, 07:28 PM
sorry what is this thread about ? im just looking at your picture :drool:

for real though, I hope kobe gets another 3 rings.

also i hope the lakers surpass the celtics in ships won.

and i hope the raptors get a ring some time this century. one can hope.

LOL! Yeah she's a "dancer" out here in LA. Yet another reason to come out here!

Hawkeye15
12-19-2009, 07:38 PM

you are an idiot

Hawkeye15
12-19-2009, 07:39 PM
He has to win 7 rings first for this to even be a discussion. And Pau resigning doesnt make them a lock to become a dynasty.

there is no discussion. Jordan was 6-0 in the finals, had far better stats, was lead dog on every single one of those teams. Kobe would have to win 5 more rings, while going for 35-8-8 on great percentages, then maybe I will talk about him being in the convo

Evolution23
12-21-2009, 10:17 PM

Nuggets got better because Melo is emerging into a real superstar. Plus its another year of Billups and Mello growing together and getting their chemistry right. Dont forget in the Playoffs the Lakers were looking down and out for a long time. The Nuggets had the Lakers looking soft but the Lakers still emerged as the better team. Still I dont think people are giving enough credit to the Nuggets because they can take the championship if they are focused.

kblo247
12-21-2009, 10:25 PM
I like how people ignore that the Lakers have the biggest 1st and 3rd quarter differentials of any team and the largest margin after 3 quarters.

The fact is that the Lakers Defense is better than Boston and any team in the leagues this year and the only reason that the margin isn't bigger is the fact that the Lakers run Mbenga/Powell/Morrison/Vujacic for the 4th quarter of games and hurt their offensive number.

Sports Illustrator
12-21-2009, 10:30 PM
The Lakers are the best team right now in the NBA IMO. However, there are a few teams capable of stopping the Lakers. Nuggets, Magic, Celtics and perhaps the Hawks are possibilities for sure.

Ariza's Better
12-21-2009, 10:54 PM
the rockets can in a upset. no matter how good the lakers get, the rockets all ways play well against them.

kblo247
12-21-2009, 10:56 PM
the rockets can in a upset. no matter how good the lakers get, the rockets all ways play well against them.

Game 7 rolls around, LA gets serious and whoops that *** :D

Ring any bells :eyebrow:

cambovenzi
12-21-2009, 11:00 PM
probably no one, but hypothetically any playoff team could.

Kakaroach
12-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Jazz are one of the few teams to beat them season and if they didn't choke in the 4th quarter they could have taken one in LA as well.

In a 7 game series though, I don't think anyone except for the Celtics can beat the Lakers.