PDA

View Full Version : [CBS Sports] T-Mac Being Showcased for Trade - Bulls, Knicks, and Heat Mentioned

JordansBulls
12-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Source: CBSSports (http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/18979876?source=rss_blogs_NBA)

Tracy McGrady returned to the Houston Rockets Tuesday night, and the fans cheered. T-Mac hit a 3-pointer, his only points during an eight-minute stint, and all was right in Rocket Land again. Right?

No, not so much.

McGrady's comeback is only part of a larger plan to increase his minutes and prove his worth to a team willing to take a chance on his once-breathtaking ability to score and benefit from his $23 million expiring contract at the same time. The Rockets were 14-10 this season without Yao Ming and McGrady, and now the only question is how long they'll have to keep up the charade until McGrady is in good enough condition to help another team.

"The plan is to increase his minutes because they’re gonna trade him," said a person familiar with the Rockets' plans. "I know they are. It doesn’t do them any good to have him playing eight minutes a game on that contract. They’ll find somebody, and there are plenty of teams that are interested, in spite of the contract."

In fact, there will be plenty of teams interested because of that contract. McGrady's $23 million salary comes with two built-in perks: It comes off the books on July 1, 2010, making it a vehicle for clearing cap space for the highly anticipated free-agent signing period, and it's 80 percent insurance-protected. The insurance provision already has kicked in, since McGrady missed 41 consecutive games during his recovery from microfracture knee surgery. The Rockets, or McGrady's new team, would receive 80 percent of his per-game salary for any games he misses the rest of this season.

Any number of teams desperate for short-term scoring punch while they prepare for a 2010 spending spree would be obvious fits; the Bulls and Knicks are at the top of my list. The Heat reportedly also are intrigued by McGrady, and team president Pat Riley is said to be closely monitoring T-Mac's progress.

On Wednesday, I brought all of this information to someone who is personally invested in McGrady's success -- Tim Grover, the renowned trainer at Attack Athletics on the West Side of Chicago. Grover famously trained Michael Jordan and has recently worked with such stars as Kobe Bryant, Gilbert Arenas, and McGrady. Grover wouldn't speculate on the Rockets' motives with regard to T-Mac, but said McGrady's debut Tuesday night was "long overdue."

"I wasn’t down in Houston, and I don’t know what the situation was or why they felt they needed to hold him out this long," Grover said. "Obviously, they had their reasons. They must have found something they wanted to be cautious with. The end result is we're happy to have him back on the floor."

Grover didn't merely help McGrady recover from microfracture surgery, which despite its name is a major procedure requiring months and months of rehab. He reinvented McGrady's body, which had no core strength when he got to Grover's gym.

"We took care of every single issue that he ever had -- the knee, the back, everything that’s ever bothered him in the past," Grover said. "We realigned his body and balanced everything out and made it much stronger and got a lot of his explosiveness back. Now getting back mentally 100 percent is the challenge. And the only way to do that is go out there and compete against NBA players."

At least McGrady is doing that now. Though in a perfect world, he won't be doing it in a Rockets jersey for much longer.

BlondeBomber41
12-16-2009, 06:02 PM
I hope he is fully healthy and teams are scared away from him. Then he becomes a FA and the best offer he gets is a MLE deal from the Mavericks, which he takes.

Dreaming of course.

IRUAM #21
12-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Jermaine for Tmac

ManRam
12-16-2009, 06:03 PM
He'd make sense for all those teams. They all could use his expiring contract, and if healthy, he'd help Chicago a lot, and Miami some.

BlondeBomber41
12-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Jermaine for Tmac

That would be stupid. You would lose your only decent big man. You really want Joel Anthony as your starting center?

Verbal Christ
12-16-2009, 06:14 PM
im confused how posters can in one thread bash the hell out of tmac, then on another propose silly 'dreams' about acquiring him? really funny

IRUAM #21
12-16-2009, 06:15 PM
That would be stupid. You would lose your only decent big man. You really want Joel Anthony as your starting center?

Nope, but I'm sure Riley has another trade up his sleeve to get a Center, if not he wouldn't be scouting Tmac. Unless we can get Tmac without giving up Jermaine, and I really doubt that.

BlondeBomber41
12-16-2009, 06:18 PM
im confused how posters can in one thread bash the hell out of tmac, then on another propose silly 'dreams' about acquiring him? really funny

If you are getting a player for free or really cheap then its different than expecting him to be one of your top players. Not that hard to understand.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-16-2009, 06:18 PM
he is so injury prone, i wouldn't offer more than the MLE.

ko8e24
12-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Doesn't matter where he ends up this season, he's signing with the Lakeshow for the MLE in the summer of 2010 to play with his great friend and a guy he's always wanted to play with...Kobe "Jellybean" (as T-Mac likes to give Kobe the nickname that Kobe's father had) Bryant

superkegger
12-16-2009, 06:24 PM

You say that like it really matters. The Heat are average at best, and what really is the difference between Joel Anthony and Jermaine O'neal? How many more wins is Jermaine O'Neal going to net the Heat vs. Joel Anthony? Maybe 3-5? Woo, big difference. Like it really matters for an average at best team with no shot at doing dick in the East.

But that's besides the point. The two teams that should be considering trading for Tmac are the Mavericks and Spurs.

Here's why:

Lets say Tmac is healthy. We know when he is, he can be a phenomenal baller. So why not take a shot, if you can acquire him on the cheap, at bringing in a guy who hates his current franchise, and would love nothing more than to take his retribution on them, and who possibly have the tools to do it?

I mean, lets be honest about where this season is going. We look to have 4-5 elite teams (Lakers, Celtics, Cavs, Magic and maybe the Hawks). The moves in the offseason by the Mavs and Spurs have failed to make them elite thus far. So really, why not roll the dice on Tmac and hope he can help you edge the Lakers?

FOBolous
12-16-2009, 06:24 PM
Tmac for Wilson Chandler, Al Harrington, and Cuttino Mobley

IRUAM #21
12-16-2009, 06:26 PM

And yet the Knicks still don't get rid of Curry or Jeffries. I would keep Chandler, I think he's gonna be pretty good.

BlondeBomber41
12-16-2009, 06:27 PM

Ha.

mudvayne387
12-16-2009, 06:40 PM
I am one of the few who would be totally fine with keeping Jeffries, but the Knicks have got to move Curry in a deal.

Verbal Christ
If you are getting a player for free or really cheap then its different than expecting him to be one of your top players. Not that hard to understand.

i guess whats harder to understand is how your twisted fantasy falls into place, i mean alot of ridiculous things have to happen before he ever became a mav, so why not just stick to bashing him? its easier for everyone involved. thanks!

Hustla23
Besides throwing Wilson Chandler away like a pile of trash and ruining any chances of making playoffs, what does this accomplish?

What a moronic idea.

Hustla23
12-16-2009, 06:42 PM
You say that like it really matters. The Heat are average at best, and what really is the difference between Joel Anthony and Jermaine O'neal? How many more wins is Jermaine O'Neal going to net the Heat vs. Joel Anthony? Maybe 3-5? Woo, big difference. Like it really matters for an average at best team with no shot at doing dick in the East.

But that's besides the point. The two teams that should be considering trading for Tmac are the Mavericks and Spurs.

Here's why:

Lets say Tmac is healthy. We know when he is, he can be a phenomenal baller. So why not take a shot, if you can acquire him on the cheap, at bringing in a guy who hates his current franchise, and would love nothing more than to take his retribution on them, and who possibly have the tools to do it?

I mean, lets be honest about where this season is going. We look to have 4-5 elite teams (Lakers, Celtics, Cavs, Magic and maybe the Hawks). The moves in the offseason by the Mavs and Spurs have failed to make them elite thus far. So really, why not roll the dice on Tmac and hope he can help you edge the Lakers?
I don't think anyone cares about what T-mac produces.

Everyone is after that contract.

Not only is it a huge *** expiring, but it's 80% insured which is ridiculous.

Any production he gives you is just gravy.

I'm hoping the Knicks can work out a deal where Jeffries and Curry are gone.

Something like :

Chandler/Hill/1st round pick + Jeffries + Curry + Mobley (also 80% insured).

BlondeBomber41
12-16-2009, 06:48 PM
i guess whats harder to understand is how your twisted fantasy falls into place, i mean alot of ridiculous things have to happen before he ever became a mav, so why not just stick to bashing him? its easier for everyone involved. thanks!

There isn't a single "ridiculous" thing in my scenario.

1. He actually stays healthy (the most unlikely of them all, but not impossible)

2. No team offers him a big deal due to injury concerns.

3. He takes a MLE deal with the Mavs, where we know what McGrady can do and have a void at SG after the offseason.

None of those things are ridiculous or out of the realm of possibility.

Put McGrady next to Kidd with Marion drawing the other teams better offensive player defensively and Dirk being the #1 still and there isn't a chance he doesn't make the second round.

superkegger
12-16-2009, 06:48 PM

Something like :

It's only insured if he doesn't play, which he did last night.

So that makes that pretty much a worthless point, since he's going to play.

commonsense12
12-16-2009, 06:49 PM

Makes zero sense for the knicks. Why would they do that?

**AMJ505**
12-16-2009, 06:53 PM

you better get off that crack pipe... if the knicks do anything for tmac it'll probably be an expiring for Tmac's expiring... chandler ain't going nowhere unless it's for the rights to Rubio...nice try though.

JordansBulls
12-16-2009, 06:56 PM
I hope he is fully healthy and teams are scared away from him. Then he becomes a FA and the best offer he gets is a MLE deal from the Mavericks, which he takes.

Dreaming of course.

Why not just trade Josh for T-mac?

Hustla23
12-16-2009, 07:03 PM

I suggest you re-read the article.

It says the insurance provision has already kicked in.

And that wasn't my main point.

Teams are after the expiring contract, which, heading into the best free agency period of all time, is more valuable than whatever McGrady could muster up.

Anyone who is trading for McGrady's talent is fooling themselves.

pippsux
12-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Of the 3 teams listed, Bulls have better and younger players to offer. There, JB, I finally said it!

Gibby23
12-16-2009, 07:13 PM

The insurance still covers every game he misses due to this injury. He can play 5 straight games, miss the 6th and 7th, come back for the 8th. the insurance will cover games 6 and 7 if he misses them due to his knee.

Verbal Christ
12-16-2009, 07:15 PM
There isn't a single "ridiculous" thing in my scenario.

1. He actually stays healthy (the most unlikely of them all, but not impossible)

2. No team offers him a big deal due to injury concerns.

3. He takes a MLE deal with the Mavs, where we know what McGrady can do and have a void at SG after the offseason.

None of those things are ridiculous or out of the realm of possibility.

Put McGrady next to Kidd with Marion drawing the other teams better offensive player defensively and Dirk being the #1 still and there isn't a chance he doesn't make the second round.

you're really being serious??? LOL hate to break it to you but your 'idea' will never .... EVER EVER EVER happen, ohhhhhh you're gonna go ahead and assume he thinks dallas is a more sexy destination than NY,LA, Chicago or even Miami?? yeeaaaa okay.

BlondeBomber41
12-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Why not just trade Josh for T-mac?

Because my dreams dont help out the Rockets and even with the injury problems Josh has he still is healthier than McGrady.

Tony_Starks
12-16-2009, 07:17 PM
Im sure there will be a couple teams willing to take the risk of renting him for a season. Its a win win really. If he doesn't produce you get tons of cap relief. If he's anywhere close to his former self then you get a reliable scorer who you can re-sign for a reasonable price. If you're a Miami or Chicago, who are 1st round knock outs at best, how can you not make that move?

SluggeR
12-16-2009, 07:19 PM

Something like :

That is waaaay too much for a guy who couldn't stay healthy, even before microfracture surgery. 1st of all the Knicks don't have a 1st rd pick and they don't have to get rid of both curry & Jeffries to be able to get 2 max players this summer.

Knicks:Harrington/Jeffries/Darko or curry/harrington/filler
Rockets: T-Mac

BlondeBomber41
12-16-2009, 07:21 PM
you're really being serious??? LOL hate to break it to you but your 'idea' will never .... EVER EVER EVER happen, ohhhhhh you're gonna go ahead and assume he thinks dallas is a more sexy destination than NY,LA, Chicago or even Miami?? yeeaaaa okay.

Since when is McGrady the kinda guy who only wants to play in a big city market? He has played in Toronto, Houston and Orlando for christ sakes...

As far as talent, Dallas is more talented than all those teams by far except LA and there is no spot for him in LA, unless you mean the Clippers. Even then there is no spot, they aren't gonna bench Eric Gordon.

So what does he choose... hmm lets think about it.

1. Lakers or Clippers? Yeah go be a bench player behind Kobe and Artest or on a mediocre team like LAC.

2. Miami - Go play on the same team as another top 3 SG and still not be a very good team.

3. New York - Pshhh, unless he feels like doing all that rehab so he can go to a team that wins 25 games.

4. Dallas - Stays in the same state, goes to one of the teams that players say they wanna play for the most, contends for a title, starts, plays next to a HOF PG and with a HOF big man in Dirk Nowitzki....

If you really think those other teams just because of location would have a better chance you are crazy. You aren't even factoring in that he could stay in the same division and get revenge on Houston for not believing in hm.

Tony_Starks
12-16-2009, 07:24 PM
The only people that think Curry and Jeffries are anywhere near tradeable happen to reside in NY. These guys aren't going anywhere. Harrington, Nate, Chandler, even Hughes are actual attractive trade options. Curry and Jeffries not only suck, but so does their contracts next year. Keep it real!

bbcmillionaire
12-16-2009, 07:31 PM
john salmons for t-mac

rose
t-mac
deng
tryus
noah

pargo
hinrich
james johnson
taj gibson
brad miller

Tulanehockey
12-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Of the 3 teams listed, Bulls have better and younger players to offer. There, JB, I finally said it!

Doesn't matter. Hinrich and Miller would be the Bulls' offer for Tracy McGrady.

ko8e24
12-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Doesn't matter. Hinrich and Miller would be the Bulls' offer for Tracy McGrady.

Rockets might go for that trade, because now, they're set at the PG position with young guys like Brooks and Lowry, and a veteran in Hinrich. Adelman gets more defense on the exterior with Hinrich, and Adelman also gets a guy who used to play for him in Sacramento, Brad Miller

Kakaroach
12-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Utah Jazz could be an option. AK-47+ type deal for him.

Hustla23
12-16-2009, 08:46 PM
The only people that think Curry and Jeffries are anywhere near tradeable happen to reside in NY. These guys aren't going anywhere. Harrington, Nate, Chandler, even Hughes are actual attractive trade options. Curry and Jeffries not only suck, but so does their contracts next year. Keep it real!
Please. This is so offensive.

You speak like any of this is stuff we don't already know.

Hence why they're called salary dumps.

Also why us Knicks fans know we have to attach pieces of value in order to dump them.

So you get real.

Verbal Christ
12-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Since when is McGrady the kinda guy who only wants to play in a big city market? He has played in Toronto, Houston and Orlando for christ sakes...

As far as talent, Dallas is more talented than all those teams by far except LA and there is no spot for him in LA, unless you mean the Clippers. Even then there is no spot, they aren't gonna bench Eric Gordon.

1. Lakers or Clippers? Yeah go be a bench player behind Kobe and Artest or on a mediocre team like LAC.

2. Miami - Go play on the same team as another top 3 SG and still not be a very good team.

3. New York - Pshhh, unless he feels like doing all that rehab so he can go to a team that wins 25 games.

4. Dallas - Stays in the same state, goes to one of the teams that players say they wanna play for the most, contends for a title, starts, plays next to a HOF PG and with a HOF big man in Dirk Nowitzki....

If you really think those other teams just because of location would have a better chance you are crazy. You aren't even factoring in that he could stay in the same division and get revenge on Houston for not believing in hm.

LOL, who are you trying to convince? you know what the definition of crazy is right? orlando was the only place he 'chose' to go, and that was to be close to home. the guy is a primadonna, he's only in houston because of the big trade, the original idea that with an elite big man he'd actually have a shot at a ring, and the boo koo bucks. so you're assuming on his own free will he would go to dallas because its a) a happening spot b) somehow affords a better chance at a title or c) he just really loves texas that much??? sorry if you're offended i just find it amusing, revenge? LOL ooookay keep telling yourself all that will happen.

Hustla23
12-16-2009, 08:47 PM
That is waaaay too much for a guy who couldn't stay healthy, even before microfracture surgery. 1st of all the Knicks don't have a 1st rd pick and they don't have to get rid of both curry & Jeffries to be able to get 2 max players this summer.

Knicks:Harrington/Jeffries/Darko or curry/harrington/filler
Rockets: T-Mac
How is that way too much?

Either one of Hill, Chandler, or a 2012 First should be pretty enticing.

I didn't mean to trade all of them. I'm not crazy lol.

We only need to get rid of Jeffries in order to sign that second Max.

But getting rid of Curry allows us to sign some extra pieces (Lee, Harrington, etc etc).

knicks09
12-16-2009, 08:48 PM

I can't believe I'm actually gonna say this but Jared Jeffries doesn't suck any more. This guys defense is one the best I've ever seen and he can actually hit 3 pointers now. He has a lot of trade value now and he has so much hustle. He leads the NBA in charges taken. Curry on the other hand sucks. But I would trade Curry and Nate Robinson for McGrady

zambo4president
12-16-2009, 09:30 PM
I do not like the Bulls being mentioned. Please please please don't do something stupid like trading for T-Mac.

mjt20mik
12-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Jermaine for Tmac

Wouldn't be smart on Miami's part, but it's the only trade that seems viable.

NY4YA
12-16-2009, 09:38 PM
I can't believe I'm actually gonna say this but Jared Jeffries doesn't suck any more. This guys defense is one the best I've ever seen and he can actually hit 3 pointers now. He has a lot of trade value now and he has so much hustle. He leads the NBA in charges taken. Curry on the other hand sucks. But I would trade Curry and Nate Robinson for McGrady
You beat me to it. This is the only trade that makes sense to me. That wilson and harrington trade makes noo sense to me. If Mcgrady gets injured again we are screwed!!

BlondeBomber41
12-16-2009, 10:00 PM
LOL, who are you trying to convince? you know what the definition of crazy is right? orlando was the only place he 'chose' to go, and that was to be close to home. the guy is a primadonna, he's only in houston because of the big trade, the original idea that with an elite big man he'd actually have a shot at a ring, and the boo koo bucks. so you're assuming on his own free will he would go to dallas because its a) a happening spot b) somehow affords a better chance at a title or c) he just really loves texas that much??? sorry if you're offended i just find it amusing, revenge? LOL ooookay keep telling yourself all that will happen.

He signed a contract extension in both Houston and Orlando when he could of basically chose where he wanted to go and get a monster deal at that point in time. The "boo koo" bucks he could of got from anyone. The chance at a title in Dallas would be great.

Tell me why he would possibly chose LA, Miami and NY over Dallas other than the fact that besides no evidence to back your case whatsoever that you think he would prefer a big market team? There is absolutely no reason why any of those teams would be more attractive.

b_rad23
12-16-2009, 10:07 PM
He signed a contract extension in both Houston and Orlando when he could of basically chose where he wanted to go and get a monster deal at that point in time. The "boo koo" bucks he could of got from anyone. The chance at a title in Dallas would be great.

Tell me why he would possibly chose LA, Miami and NY over Dallas other than the fact that besides no evidence to back your case whatsoever that you think he would prefer a big market team? There is absolutely no reason why any of those teams would be more attractive.

What is enticing about Dallas?

An old middle seed playoff team locked outside a window that closed years ago in a mediocre city vs a championship team (LA), a team in great city+ Wade+ Beasley+ another superstar or two, that and they have actual cap room and would be able to pay more (mia).

Even LAC would have a wideopen spot for him with tons of talent, in a better location, with actual cap room.

Verbal Christ
12-16-2009, 10:08 PM

dallas is not a legitimate title contender as long as kobe bryant is playing at a high level, simple as that, if tmac really wants to go win a ring, he'll either join kobe or lebron, dallas is a great regular season team, makes noise in the playoffs, final appearance etc... etc... but i may be in the minority and not trying to hate but i just dont see dallas really thought of as a title contender. and like i've been trying to explain to you he loves the lights of the big city man, how can substantiate with 'facts' and prove an opinion? what are your facts that he is without doubt going to end up in dallas? LMAO see what im saying?? you get all worked up when someone doesnt agree with you but your not willing to also admit that maybe, JUST MAYBE tmac will not end up in dallas. your wierd dude.

BlondeBomber41
12-16-2009, 10:13 PM
dallas is not a legitimate title contender as long as kobe bryant is playing at a high level, simple as that, if tmac really wants to go win a ring, he'll either join kobe or lebron, dallas is a great regular season team, makes noise in the playoffs, final appearance etc... etc... but i may be in the minority and not trying to hate but i just dont see dallas really thought of as a title contender. and like i've been trying to explain to you he loves the lights of the big city man, how can substantiate with 'facts' and prove an opinion? what are your facts that he is without doubt going to end up in dallas? LMAO see what im saying?? you get all worked up when someone doesnt agree with you but your not willing to also admit that maybe, JUST MAYBE tmac will not end up in dallas. your wierd dude.

Ok, thats where you went stupid. Did I ever say he would end up in Dallas? For fun I put out a scenario that I thought would be cool to play out and you took it as me saying that it was definently going to happen. I guess when I called it a "dream scenario" that wasn't enough to make you realize I wasn't expecting it to happen. Thats my bad, I thought I was talking to someone with common sense.

The only thing I argued was the fact that you said my scenario was impossible when in fact its quite the opposite. I think if he was even somewhat as good as he use to be a Dirk/Kidd/McGrady/Terry/Marion core with whatever we do with Damps contract and Josh Howard could certainly contend and if you think it wouldn't then you are kidding yourself.

BkOriginalOne
12-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Tmac for Mo Pete and Peja

Tulanehockey
12-16-2009, 10:30 PM
I do not like the Bulls being mentioned. Please please please don't do something stupid like trading for T-Mac.

How would getting a 23 million dollar expiring contract be bad for the Bulls?

Ty Fast
12-16-2009, 10:35 PM
him to the knicks? that don't make sence

Chronz
12-16-2009, 11:09 PM

Dude Tmac pretty much negotiated where he went, he couldve ended up in San Antonio or Indiana (Both 60 Win teams), but he wanted more of a challenge according to him and had a choice to play with 2 bigmen who really impressed him, Amare or Yao. Hey that makes a great what if thread

Chronz
12-16-2009, 11:13 PM
Ok, thats where you went stupid. Did I ever say he would end up in Dallas? For fun I put out a scenario that I thought would be cool to play out and you took it as me saying that it was definently going to happen. I guess when I called it a "dream scenario" that wasn't enough to make you realize I wasn't expecting it to happen. Thats my bad, I thought I was talking to someone with common sense.

The only thing I argued was the fact that you said my scenario was impossible when in fact its quite the opposite. I think if he was even somewhat as good as he use to be a Dirk/Kidd/McGrady/Terry/Marion core with whatever we do with Damps contract and Josh Howard could certainly contend and if you think it wouldn't then you are kidding yourself.

What would you offer them, Dampier would have to be involved possibly gooden so where to do you get your bigs from afterwards?

HouRealCoach
12-16-2009, 11:29 PM
I want him in Orlando with his cousin and his actual home

astrosmaniac
12-16-2009, 11:36 PM

he was drafted by toronto, signed a mega deal for orlando and was traded to houston. so the only one he went to by choice was orlando and thats because he got a ****load of money

JordansBulls
12-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Tmac for Mo Pete and Peja

That would be good as well. CP3 needs some help.

BlondeBomber41
12-16-2009, 11:58 PM
What would you offer them, Dampier would have to be involved possibly gooden so where to do you get your bigs from afterwards?

It was just a FA pickup this offseason type of scenario, not actually a trade. His injury problems would keep me from wanting to give up anything good for him.

he was drafted by toronto, signed a mega deal for orlando and was traded to houston. so the only one he went to by choice was orlando and thats because he got a ****load of money

He signed an extension with Houston as well. He could of left if he had a problem with Houston. He also could of said no when he was traded to Houston, Superstars always have the final say.

Gibby23
12-17-2009, 12:04 AM

No it wouldn't. He could go to Boston for the MLE and also start. Dallas has no chance to win the Championship.

Jonathan2323
12-17-2009, 12:15 AM
No it wouldn't. He could go to Boston for the MLE and also start. Dallas has no chance to win the Championship.

says who? Dallas has a pretty good team and injuries can play a big part sometimes too.

blazerman
12-17-2009, 12:20 AM
Doesn't matter where he ends up this season, he's signing with the Lakeshow for the MLE in the summer of 2010 to play with his great friend and a guy he's always wanted to play with...Kobe "Jellybean" (as T-Mac likes to give Kobe the nickname that Kobe's father had) Bryant

No he wont because the Lakers dont have a MLE until Ron Artest expires in 5yrs, sorry but it's not like the Lakers are chopped liver at the 3 with Odom and Artest and Kobe at the 2. But if you guys wanted to swap Artest to the Blazers for the use of their MLE next yr then Im sure something can be arranged and TMac could be all yours.

Gibby23
12-17-2009, 12:21 AM
No he wont because the Lakers dont have a MLE until Ron Artest expires in 5yrs, sorry but it's not like the Lakers are chopped liver at the 3 with Odom and Artest and Kobe at the 2. But if you guys wanted to swap Artest to the Blazers for the use of their MLE next yr then Im sure something can be arranged and TMac could be all yours.

You have the MLE every year.

blazerman
12-17-2009, 12:38 AM

Doubt he goes to LA with Odom,Artest and Kobe on the wing, where would he get any minutes.

blazerman
12-17-2009, 12:58 AM
You have the MLE every year.

Are you sure about that, I cant think of one team that has had two or more MLE players on the team at once. Im not doubting you on that because Im not sure about it myself, it just seems kinda wierd that a team would be allowed a 5 plus million dollar exception each yr after already signing a player to the full MLE.

One thing I know for sure is a team can only use the MLE if your over the cap because the Blazers didnt have access to use it this yr because they were under the cap, I read that in the summer but you could be right as far as using it each yr if your over the cap, its just news to me. thanks

Jonathan2323
12-17-2009, 01:00 AM
Tmac ends up in Orlando next year just my prediction.

BlondeBomber41
12-17-2009, 01:08 AM

Yes, they do.

He wouldnt start in Boston over Pierce or Ray Allen, are you serious?

kblo247
12-17-2009, 01:20 AM
Doubt he goes to LA with Odom,Artest and Kobe on the wing, where would he get any minutes.

Behind Kobe and Ron and over Sasha and Luke

Thing people are forgetting is that Shannon is playing SG out of necessity and not out of Phil's choice. Phil is on record of saying he wants to use Brown/Farmar/Fisher as a PG trio that gives team different dynamics.

Odom is also only playing guard instead of PF because Luke is hurt which is why he is standing outside and shooting the ball

T-Mac could definitely provide 20 minutes of rest to Kobe and Ron and that is manageable because of his knee and more than he has gotten to play in Houston this year despite saying he is healthy.

kblo247
12-17-2009, 01:21 AM
Yes, they do.

Dallas really doesn't have a chance to win the title besides in the, the 16 teams who make the playoffs have the chance sense as presently constructed.

BlondeBomber41
12-17-2009, 01:27 AM
Dallas really doesn't have a chance to win the title besides in the, the 16 teams who make the playoffs have the chance sense as presently constructed.

Yes, they do. I know as a Laker fan you think your team is invincible but they arent. The Mavs have the talent to compete with anyone, they are great defensively and on the boards, have a great bench, couple of HOF players and experience.

I know when the Mavs have a realistic shot. They didnt last year and they didnt the first year they traded for Kidd, but this year is certainly different. They can beat anyone they play. Not saying they will, but they can.

Hustla23
12-17-2009, 01:31 AM
Are you sure about that, I cant think of one team that has had two or more MLE players on the team at once. Im not doubting you on that because Im not sure about it myself, it just seems kinda wierd that a team would be allowed a 5 plus million dollar exception each yr after already signing a player to the full MLE.

One thing I know for sure is a team can only use the MLE if your over the cap because the Blazers didnt have access to use it this yr because they were under the cap, I read that in the summer but you could be right as far as using it each yr if your over the cap, its just news to me. thanks
Yes, a team is allowed an MLE once every year.

They just can't combine it with other exceptions (LLE, Vet's min, etc).

kblo247
12-17-2009, 01:52 AM
Yes, they do. I know as a Laker fan you think your team is invincible but they arent. The Mavs have the talent to compete with anyone, they are great defensively and on the boards, have a great bench, couple of HOF players and experience.

I know when the Mavs have a realistic shot. They didnt last year and they didnt the first year they traded for Kidd, but this year is certainly different. They can beat anyone they play. Not saying they will, but they can.

I still think they need one more baller for insurance since Howard, Thomas, and Gooden have had injury problems the past couple of years

IversonIsKrazy
12-17-2009, 02:03 AM
John Salmons + Brad Miller for Tracy McGrady.

blazerman
12-17-2009, 02:19 AM
Yes, a team is allowed an MLE once every year.

They just can't combine it with other exceptions (LLE, Vet's min, etc).

Yeah I just never knew that, kinda seems like a loophole to circumvent the salary cap and it gives better teams more talent if they want to pay the luxury tax, because you can only have the MLE when your over the cap. A top team could get some seriously good pieces to add with 5 million a yr, I cant imagine the Lakers or Celtics adding a McGrady to their stacked teams, would be pretty amazing and make it hard to beat them, hard enough to beat them as is.

I look forward to the Blazers being able to use it next yr, they may still be under the cap because Blake and Outlaw expire and Darius Miles 9 million dollars comes off the book finally and Przybilla can opt out but even if he resigns the Blazers may still be under the cap so maybe I'll have to wait another yr to use it which is fine.

Gibby23
12-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Yes, they do.

Ray Allen is a free agent next year. They get younger with T mac and they can still keep Ray for a smaller salary. If T mac is right, he would start over Ray, and Ray and sheed would come off the bench. If Tmac is right, he is a better player than Ray.

LakersOrNothing
12-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Lots of discussion going on in here, but I just want to say <mancrush> i've always been a Tmac fan and would LOVE to see him in the Lakers uniform.. It's unlikely, but man..... can I just dream for a sec </mancrush>

Hustla23
12-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Yeah I just never knew that, kinda seems like a loophole to circumvent the salary cap and it gives better teams more talent if they want to pay the luxury tax, because you can only have the MLE when your over the cap. A top team could get some seriously good pieces to add with 5 million a yr, I cant imagine the Lakers or Celtics adding a McGrady to their stacked teams, would be pretty amazing and make it hard to beat them, hard enough to beat them as is.

I look forward to the Blazers being able to use it next yr, they may still be under the cap because Blake and Outlaw expire and Darius Miles 9 million dollars comes off the book finally and Przybilla can opt out but even if he resigns the Blazers may still be under the cap so maybe I'll have to wait another yr to use it which is fine.
Haha , well, since there's already a salary cap, don't you think that's a pretty big restriction for teams trying to acquire talent ?

It would be unfair for teams to be completely barred from making any signings just because they're over the cap.

And it's not like 6 million is going to get you some superstar. It'll get you a pretty decent role player or even a starter but I think it's a nice way to add some flexibility to teams that are bound by the cap.

goose15
12-17-2009, 01:16 PM

Horrible... Curry or Jefferies has to be involved. No Chandler either

MDfootball36
12-17-2009, 01:17 PM
i love tmac to bad he cant jump

Pierzynski4Prez
12-17-2009, 01:36 PM

x 204, 353,637

No GM in their right mind, will be like, "my team is in need of Eddy Curry, and his contract is a steal, especially considering its the best time to have free cap space. Lets help out the Knicks some more."

Wade_County
12-17-2009, 02:03 PM
x 204, 353,637

No GM in their right mind, will be like, "my team is in need of Eddy Curry, and his contract is a steal, especially considering its the best time to have free cap space. Lets help out the Knicks some more."

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

wallerstud06
12-17-2009, 02:06 PM
im torn on this subject...wish Houston would just let him finish out the year...but chicago or knicks are his only two destinations.

JordansBulls
12-17-2009, 02:35 PM
im torn on this subject...wish Houston would just let him finish out the year...but chicago or knicks are his only two destinations.

:nod:

Raph12
12-17-2009, 03:20 PM

JB, I know you'd be thrilled to have him start at two-guard for Chi-town, but keep in mind, this isn't the same McGrady who won consecutive scoring titles in Orlando, nor is he the same McGrady who avged 25-6-5 in Houston, this may not even be the Tmac who went for 16-4-5 last season.

With all of the previous injuries and future injuries, I'd never take a chance on this Tmac. But then again, Chicago doesn't really have anything to lose at this point... except maybe John Wall that is.

Da Knicks
12-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Jared Jeffries and Harrington would be good for houston come playoff time when you need a defensive stopper or a shooter the knicks could also offer Jordan Hill and Cattino Mobleys expiring for McGrady and a first rounder.

wallerstud06
12-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Damn "Da Knicks"...I think you are offering too much for T Mac. Yes you want to get rid of Jefferies and Mobleys expiring contract, but not Jordan Hill and a 1st rd pick.

Tulanehockey
12-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Hinrich and Miller get it done!

Tony_Starks
12-17-2009, 03:57 PM
x 204, 353,637

LOL! Trading for Eddy Curry is the equivalent to buying a 1996 Jaguar that doesn't run, has a bunch of miles on it, and needs a little "body work."

Da Knicks
12-17-2009, 04:00 PM
I want the first rounder and tmac for the knicks.

JordansBulls
12-17-2009, 04:47 PM
JB, I know you'd be thrilled to have him start at two-guard for Chi-town, but keep in mind, this isn't the same McGrady who won consecutive scoring titles in Orlando, nor is he the same McGrady who avged 25-6-5 in Houston, this may not even be the Tmac who went for 16-4-5 last season.

With all of the previous injuries and future injuries, I'd never take a chance on this Tmac. But then again, Chicago doesn't really have anything to lose at this point... except maybe John Wall that is.

WE have nothing to lose simply because we get a guaranteed 23 million off the books

Verbal Christ
12-17-2009, 06:54 PM
JB im surprised you havent posted tmacs latest comments on the main board yet. it appears the mcgrady 'wants' to stay in houston, hinting at a possible 'hometown discount' type arrangement?

Rox07
12-17-2009, 06:58 PM
So I'm confused why the rockets won't keep him for the rest of the year...? Tell me if I'm wrong but this is what I know.
1. 80% back on his per game salary (+ 200K). So if tmac is on the bench the rockets only pay roughly ($40,000 +) per game
2. His contract expires at the end of the season.

So keep him until the end of the season let him go and w/ the stacked free agent list this year, they are bound to find someone good... right?

aNYer
12-17-2009, 07:06 PM
So I'm confused why the rockets won't keep him for the rest of the year...? Tell me if I'm wrong but this is what I know.
1. 80% back on his per game salary (+ 200K). So if tmac is on the bench the rockets only pay roughly ($40,000 +) per game
2. His contract expires at the end of the season.

So keep him until the end of the season let him go and w/ the stacked free agent list this year, they are bound to find someone good... right?

No, he has played so no more insurance coverage. And they couldn't force him to sit out if he was healthy and still collect the money so they had no choice. Also because of this they will pay the luxury tax. Thats the main reason they might want to move him in a deal involving Mobley who IS covered by insurance. So its basically do they want to save a lot of money for the organization (getting out the lux tax) or save cap room for next season of which they will have around $10 million.

wallerstud06
12-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Good point Rox07...but the thing is the Rockets are trying to let the young guys shine, which i kinda understand. I think he will stunt Ariza's and Brooks growth.

wallerstud06
12-17-2009, 07:09 PM
quick question. So keeping McGrady until the end of the season will get them out of the luxary tax? and will they have cap room to sign a player from FA or just their own players?

bleedprple&gold
12-17-2009, 07:10 PM

I think the issue is even if they let Tmac's contract expire, they will not be far enough under the salary cap at $43 million to go after an elite player. Sure that's about $15 million under the cap, but they can't spend it all on one player (esp. if they want to keep Scola), so they figure they are better off trading Tmac to a team like the Knicks that can get more use of his salary cap space, and they can be guaranteed to get something back for him. Of course, if nobody offers them some useful players, then they are better off letting the contract expire and trying their luck on the FA market, but they will have to go after the second-tier free-agents (which actually may be better than anyone they might get for Tmac).

Verbal Christ
12-17-2009, 07:18 PM
No, he has played so no more insurance coverage. And they couldn't force him to sit out if he was healthy and still collect the money so they had no choice. Also because of this they will pay the luxury tax. Thats the main reason they might want to move him in a deal involving Mobley who IS covered by insurance. So its basically do they want to save a lot of money for the organization (getting out the lux tax) or save cap room for next season of which they will have around $10 million.

i could have sworn that i read somewhere that regardless if tmac has played, since he's missed 41 consecutive games dating to the injury/surgery that any game missed afterwards insurance picks up. could be wrong, maybe a rules guy can figure it out.

Rox07
12-17-2009, 07:32 PM
i could have sworn that i read somewhere that regardless if tmac has played, since he's missed 41 consecutive games dating to the injury/surgery that any game missed afterwards insurance picks up. could be wrong, maybe a rules guy can figure it out.

I have also heard this... I'm pretty sure that is correct.

Please if you don't no information 100% don't say it b/c it creates misinformation!!

BlondeBomber41
12-17-2009, 08:26 PM
JB im surprised you havent posted tmacs latest comments on the main board yet. it appears the mcgrady 'wants' to stay in houston, hinting at a possible 'hometown discount' type arrangement?

Well that would just be blasphemy since according to you McGrady really wants to play in a big market and contend. Neither of which is a option in Houston.

JordansBulls
12-17-2009, 08:48 PM
Well that would just be blasphemy since according to you McGrady really wants to play in a big market and contend. Neither of which is a option in Houston.

What about him playing in Atlanta?

Verbal Christ
12-17-2009, 08:54 PM

you're right we decide to acquire players when they are of worth, instead of name brand 2nd tier or declining players and then try to convince ourselves we're 'contenders' .. but i'd bet more professional athletes live in houston than dallas ... i wonder why?

BlondeBomber41
12-17-2009, 09:00 PM
you're right we decide to acquire players when they are of worth, instead of name brand 2nd tier or declining players and then try to convince ourselves we're 'contenders' .. but i'd bet more professional athletes live in houston than dallas ... i wonder why?

So what you are saying is you would rather never be a contender than be a contender with older players? Got ya. Mavs have one of the best records in the NBA, one of the best defenses and tons of talent. You are right though, thinking they can contend is silly.

There are plenty of professional athletes who live in Dallas, your point has no merit just like your point of McGrady wanting to play in a big city. You are SO smart.

Verbal Christ
12-17-2009, 09:09 PM
So what you are saying is you would rather never be a contender than be a contender with older players? Got ya. Mavs have one of the best records in the NBA, one of the best defenses and tons of talent. You are right though, thinking they can contend is silly.

There are plenty of professional athletes who live in Dallas, your point has no merit just like your point of McGrady wanting to play in a big city. You are SO smart.

i mean the mavs probably have the best regular season record for the past what, 5 seasons, and this year is no different, but yet why am i supposed to believe that this team will get it together? i understand your side, as a fan of course but objectively speaking you became quite irate when i said your wet dream of having tmac play in dallas is unfounded, which it is, and you proceed to belch out stats and opinions on why YOU think he would, and i just laughed you off. maybe the mavs will break through this year, maybe not. i'll bet the latter. and just for the record, houston is a larger city, more diverse, and with more pro athletes, so yea like i said, tmac would prefer to play in a large big city, thanks i kinda knew i was a little smart, and all i needed was your vindication, what a pal!

Rockets&Browns
12-17-2009, 09:41 PM
I heard that the Bulls were looking to trade Tyrus Thomas. Financially I could see them trading us Thomas, Brad Miller and maybe try to get rid of either Hinrich or Jerome James. Only way it'll work financially.

JordansBulls
12-17-2009, 10:19 PM
I heard that the Bulls were looking to trade Tyrus Thomas. Financially I could see them trading us Thomas, Brad Miller and maybe try to get rid of either Hinrich or Jerome James. Only way it'll work financially.

Then we should get back Scola as well or even Hayes.

jdroubi
12-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Don't know what the Rockets would do if they let Tmac's contract expire.

blazerman
12-17-2009, 10:49 PM

You guys are gonna make out like bandits anyway it goes. After seeing how hard the Rockets play under manned and still do a good job, you guys will become a scary team again when Yao returns and the McGrady deal is done (Hinrich or Salmons, Ty Thomas and Miller would be huge considering what the Rockets already have). Miller would expire and probably be willing to resign on the cheap for a good shot at making the finals and with those guys added to the Rockets current team and a returning Yao, they could overtake the Lakers if all went well.

JordansBulls
12-19-2009, 10:42 AM

So Tyrus, Miller and James for T-mac and maybe Hayes

todu82
12-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Out of the 3 teams mentioned Miami makes the most sense.

Kakaroach
12-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Miami wouldn't afraid to pull the trigger either since he won't take away cap this summer, which is why they haven't really been able to do anything in terms of bringing in new players. If the Knicks didn't bring in AI, why would they they bring in T-Mac?

StevenU2009
12-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Honestly, of all the basketball stuff I read this forum is consistently full of the stupidest most irrelevant comments of all. I fully understand that team chemistry is essential to success. At the same time there is a trend here. Stephon Marbury, Jamal Tinsley, T-mac-and Iverson. All of these players have been utilized by their teams as scapegoats. No one seems to mention it or complain about it. All the fans seem to just swallow entire lines of bullspit spewed by the incompetent gms that put the teams together (Daryl Morey is the exception because the Rockets personify team chemistry). What is perfectly abundantly clear is this: If Tmac can stay on the court the Rockets are a better team with him than without him. The Knicks would be a better team with Marbury (as would the Celtics incidentally; as good as they are they still have no back up PG). The Sixers are already better even with an ailing AI. The Pacers have a glaring hole at the point. I personally just think that scapegaoting is stupid and useless and never accomplishes anything-except deflecting blame. And, if the GMs had done their jobs well-there wouldn't be so much blame to deflect-and we would not be discussing how overpaid these guys are-ETC.

Tony_Starks
12-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Honestly, of all the basketball stuff I read this forum is consistently full of the stupidest most irrelevant comments of all. I fully understand that team chemistry is essential to success. At the same time there is a trend here. Stephon Marbury, Jamal Tinsley, T-mac-and Iverson. All of these players have been utilized by their teams as scapegoats. No one seems to mention it or complain about it. All the fans seem to just swallow entire lines of bullspit spewed by the incompetent gms that put the teams together (Daryl Morey is the exception because the Rockets personify team chemistry). What is perfectly abundantly clear is this: If Tmac can stay on the court the Rockets are a better team with him than without him. The Knicks would be a better team with Marbury (as would the Celtics incidentally; as good as they are they still have no back up PG). The Sixers are already better even with an ailing AI. The Pacers have a glaring hole at the point. I personally just think that scapegaoting is stupid and useless and never accomplishes anything-except deflecting blame. And, if the GMs had done their jobs well-there wouldn't be so much blame to deflect-and we would not be discussing how overpaid these guys are-ETC.

You know the game very well sir. I agree 100% I defended how NY did Steph and is doing Nate, I thought AI should've played in Memphis over Mike Conley, and I thought the Tinsley situation was just ridiculous.

The thing is most people on here are followers and just throw around corny overused phrases like "he's a cancer" instead of looking at the real situation.

Rasheed Wallace, for example, was being scorned left and right as a cancer and a loser in Portland... then goes to Detroit and helps them get a ring.

JordansBulls
12-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Miami wouldn't afraid to pull the trigger either since he won't take away cap this summer, which is why they haven't really been able to do anything in terms of bringing in new players. If the Knicks didn't bring in AI, why would they they bring in T-Mac?

Miami is the team that would benefit the most from getting T-mac this year.

Tony_Starks
12-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Miami is the team that would benefit the most from getting T-mac this year.

I agree. As much as I hate to say it I would ship out Beasely. The more I watch him plays it just seems like he's going to be one of those career underachievers. Have a big game one night, take 2 or 3 games off. I'd sell high on him now.

HiphopRelated
12-19-2009, 06:11 PM
I agree. As much as I hate to say it I would ship out Beasely. The more I watch him plays it just seems like he's going to be one of those career underachievers. Have a big game one night, take 2 or 3 games off. I'd sell high on him now.
yeah, uh, averaging 18/8 the last month as a 20 yr old pf with one bad game will give that impression.

Thank God some of you don't run a team

The number of people Riley would trade Beasley for is a VERY short list. A broken down TMac is far off the scale

Sports Illustrator
12-19-2009, 07:02 PM
I do not think he'll play for the Knicks. The only reason why the Knicks would be interested is if they could unload Jared Jeffries and/or Eddy Curry. I highly doubt the Rockets want any of those players. It wouldn't make sense for them to trade T-Mac and add a contract like Curry or Jeffries. They're better off keeping T-Mac. They are in no hurry to trade him anyway.

He would certainly be a good fit in Miami though for sure. I would wonder what kind of pieces the Heat could trade though.

Tulanehockey
12-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Of the three teams mentioned, the Bulls make the most sense by far. They need the cap space and scoring threat that Tracy McGrady will provide both of those. The Rockets need a one year fix at center and a vet point guard and the Bulls have Hinrich and Miller. Hinrich and miller for tmac should be the trade.

aNYer
12-20-2009, 02:24 AM
I have also heard this... I'm pretty sure that is correct.

Please if you don't no information 100% don't say it b/c it creates misinformation!!

I don't see how one negates the other. If he couldn't play it would have been covered by insurance but now that he is healthy and can play they can't force him to sit in order to collect the insurance.

bkmikeyy
12-20-2009, 03:10 AM

incorrect, there are players that do make teams worse because they are greedy ball hogs that take 30 shots to get their 25 ppg averages and completely ruin chemistry and flow of the game because they dribble around too much looking for their own shot. Many of these "stars" that the NBA glamorizes because they are profitable do not actually help teams win games. Since their egos are so high these players are also not willing to accept that their skills are diminishing and them taking 30 shots per game hurts the team even more than it did when they were 25 years old and thats when the team has to cut ties with them. The Rockets have consistently been better without Tmac, Iverson isnt saving anyone in philly only taking a roster spot up from someone that could be a part of their future, marbury his whole team despised him and he has been a perrenial loser his whole career anyways, as for tinsley hes a thug that i wouldnt want representing my franchise.

bleedgreenwhite
12-20-2009, 03:14 AM
[QUOTE=Tulanehockey;11739842]Of the three teams mentioned, the Bulls make the most sense by far. They need the cap space and scoring threat that Tracy McGrady will provide both of those. The Rockets need a one year fix at center and a vet point guard and the Bulls have Hinrich and Miller. Hinrich and miller for tmac should be the trade.[/QUOTE

this is a decent proposal i just dont see this happening because hinrichs 10 mil contract doesnt expire this summer like Tmacs and Brad Millers so the Rockets take a 10 mil cap hit this summer i dont think there willing to do that

I think this trade could happen with miller (expiring) Jerome James (expiring) and either tyrus thomas or John Salmons (both 5 Mil) who would probably be expendable with the addition of Tmac

I could see miami making it happen with Jermaine Oneal straight up (23 mil exp) or a package surrounding Qrich (10 mil exp) Haslem (8 mil exp) and perhaps a young player or a future pick

JordansBulls
12-20-2009, 04:38 PM

There is no way the Heat should ship out Beasley unless they are getting Bosh, Amare or Boozer in a deal this season.

eugene
12-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Of the three teams mentioned, the Bulls make the most sense by far. They need the cap space and scoring threat that Tracy McGrady will provide both of those. The Rockets need a one year fix at center and a vet point guard and the Bulls have Hinrich and Miller. Hinrich and miller for tmac should be the trade.

Totally agree!

OUfan4life15
12-20-2009, 05:23 PM
The Rockets have consistently been better without Tmac

What? Their record with Mcgrady > without.

Shahrose
12-20-2009, 05:36 PM
oh the espn trade machine i did:

Salmons
J.James
T.Thomas
B. Miller

for

T-mac
Carl Landy
Chuck Hayes

and it accepted

astrosmaniac
12-20-2009, 06:03 PM

Salmons
J.James
T.Thomas
B. Miller

for

T-mac
Carl Landy
Chuck Hayes

and it accepted
:facepalm: all that program does is check salaries :facepalm:

astrosmaniac
12-20-2009, 06:22 PM
What? Their record with Mcgrady > without.

their record with mcgrady from 04-07 is greater than their record without mcgrady.

their record without mcgrady over the last 2 years is much better than their record with him

JordansBulls
12-20-2009, 10:47 PM
their record with mcgrady from 04-07 is greater than their record without mcgrady.

their record without mcgrady over the last 2 years is much better than their record with him

StevenU2009
12-21-2009, 12:47 PM
bkmikey you are all over the place in your comment-marrbury was never a chucker/ "volume shooter" especially during his stint with the Knicks-and he averaged 8 assts per game over his career until larry brown starting messing with his head and the knick organization dysfunction infected him (NOT the other way around-look at the history). If you watched the games rather than regurgitating what you read you'd know that. No one says you have to be great friends with your teammates-just do your job-scottie and horace grant hated jordan-and no one cared cuz they played ball-so what if qrich and the rest of the knicks were not mad for steph-he was still-with no doubt whatsoever their best player and they were a better team on the court with him than without him-nate-while he does sometime shave questionable shot selection is still a good ball player and an asset-and Damphony, in his classic self centered me first approach is hurting the team by devaluing him-even if he wants him traded banishment with no clear explanation just hurts the team-hurts nates future, hurts damphonies' reputation (which is falling fast ever since he stopped having Nash on his side-hmmm)-the pacers suck without tinsley-iverson could have helped the knicks-especially since they were about to banish nate-and the rockets- despite being a nice feel good story about team play are not going anywhere or doing anything in the playoffs-and with mcgrady they just might (have)

rick66ankiel24
12-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Jermaine for Tmac

thatd be a ******** trade.. the heat would be left with this:

Arroyo/Chalmers
Wade/McCgrady/Cook
Richardson/Wright/Jones
Beasley/Haslem
Anthony/Magloire

so the dynamic duo of Anthony anad Magloire may look attractive at first, but they'd be the most worthless combo at the C spot in the league, and McGrady would btch about being a backup

rick66ankiel24
12-21-2009, 01:11 PM
:facepalm: all that program does is check salaries :facepalm:

x2... so many dumb people on psd

sep11ie
12-21-2009, 01:13 PM

Houston's not a big city market???

sep11ie
12-21-2009, 01:15 PM

Salmons
J.James
T.Thomas
B. Miller

for

T-mac
Carl Landy
Chuck Hayes

and it accepted

Thats a bad trade for The Rockets. Carl Landry is going nowhere!

JordansBulls
12-21-2009, 03:04 PM

Arroyo/Chalmers
Wade/McCgrady/Cook
Richardson/Wright/Jones
Beasley/Haslem
Anthony/Magloire

so the dynamic duo of Anthony anad Magloire may look attractive at first, but they'd be the most worthless combo at the C spot in the league, and McGrady would btch about being a backup

I'm sure Mcgrady would start.

Tulanehockey
12-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Urgh I can't wait till Hinrich and Miller are wearing Houston uniforms and everyone can shut up about their ******** trades. It's just Tracy McGrady! They aren't trading Scola or Landry or Hayes or anyone else on their roster! God dammit people.

JordansBulls
12-22-2009, 01:20 AM
Urgh I can't wait till Hinrich and Miller are wearing Houston uniforms and everyone can shut up about their ******** trades. It's just Tracy McGrady! They aren't trading Scola or Landry or Hayes or anyone else on their roster! God dammit people.

:confused:

bkmikeyy
12-22-2009, 01:38 AM
bkmikey you are all over the place in your comment-marrbury was never a chucker/ "volume shooter" especially during his stint with the Knicks-and he averaged 8 assts per game over his career until larry brown starting messing with his head and the knick organization dysfunction infected him (NOT the other way around-look at the history). If you watched the games rather than regurgitating what you read you'd know that. No one says you have to be great friends with your teammates-just do your job-scottie and horace grant hated jordan-and no one cared cuz they played ball-so what if qrich and the rest of the knicks were not mad for steph-he was still-with no doubt whatsoever their best player and they were a better team on the court with him than without him-nate-while he does sometime shave questionable shot selection is still a good ball player and an asset-and Damphony, in his classic self centered me first approach is hurting the team by devaluing him-even if he wants him traded banishment with no clear explanation just hurts the team-hurts nates future, hurts damphonies' reputation (which is falling fast ever since he stopped having Nash on his side-hmmm)-the pacers suck without tinsley-iverson could have helped the knicks-especially since they were about to banish nate-and the rockets- despite being a nice feel good story about team play are not going anywhere or doing anything in the playoffs-and with mcgrady they just might (have)

Knicks sucked with Marbury on their team as well. Im pretty sure they were 6-13 when he got injured the year before he got banished. I don't regurgitate anything the guy is a headcase and every team he left got better, must be a reason right? How about the fact that the celtics didnt want him back as a reserve and that no other team even looked his way, don't give me that d antoni ruined it for him crap, did d antoni ruin it for iverson too? Iverson barely got signed, and only got signed because Philly's owners forced that signing to sell tickets. How would Iverson help the knicks exactly? How many wins did he help the sixers get? How about the fact that hes old and in denial and played like 5 mediocre games where he got crossed over and embarrassed several times, only to have to sit out for like 2 weeks with chronic knee pain. As for Nate, the numbers dont lie we didnt win A SINGLE game when he played more than 19 minutes. Since he has sat we have been a decent team. I love nate but hes more of a circus act and entertainer than a real basketball player. And as for mcgrady why do you think the rockets don't want him in a competitive west? because their coach is stubborn like d antoni and wants to ruin tmacs career? or maybe some of these swingmen that are getting old need to keep in touch with reality and realize they are no longer able to be a winner as a number one option.

Chronz
12-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Any team Tmac joins he will make better, aside from last year when he played on 1 leg, hes made every team hes ever joined better.

IRUAM #21
12-22-2009, 02:21 PM

Salmons
J.James
T.Thomas
B. Miller

for

T-mac
Carl Landy
Chuck Hayes

and it accepted
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Arroyo/Chalmers
Wade/McCgrady/Cook
Richardson/Wright/Jones
Beasley/Haslem
Anthony/Magloire

McGrady can play SF. And obviously we would have to make a trade for another Center.

aNYer
12-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Knicks sucked with Marbury on their team as well. Im pretty sure they were 6-13 when he got injured the year before he got banished. I don't regurgitate anything the guy is a headcase and every team he left got better, must be a reason right? How about the fact that the celtics didnt want him back as a reserve and that no other team even looked his way, don't give me that d antoni ruined it for him crap, did d antoni ruin it for iverson too? Iverson barely got signed, and only got signed because Philly's owners forced that signing to sell tickets. How would Iverson help the knicks exactly? How many wins did he help the sixers get? How about the fact that hes old and in denial and played like 5 mediocre games where he got crossed over and embarrassed several times, only to have to sit out for like 2 weeks with chronic knee pain. As for Nate, the numbers dont lie we didnt win A SINGLE game when he played more than 19 minutes. Since he has sat we have been a decent team. I love nate but hes more of a circus act and entertainer than a real basketball player. And as for mcgrady why do you think the rockets don't want him in a competitive west? because their coach is stubborn like d antoni and wants to ruin tmacs career? or maybe some of these swingmen that are getting old need to keep in touch with reality and realize they are no longer able to be a winner as a number one option.

You mean there is more to basketball then scoring :speechless:

rick66ankiel24
12-22-2009, 05:46 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

McGrady can play SF. And obviously we would have to make a trade for another Center.

well he can't really play much of anything these days but what center would they bring in that would be any better than anthony and magloire? who would they have to trade? wright? cook? arroyo? richardson? they couldn't get a starting caliber center for any of those srcubs.. although richardson has his moments and wright is coming along as of late

JordansBulls
12-25-2009, 11:23 AM
well he can't really play much of anything these days but what center would they bring in that would be any better than anthony and magloire? who would they have to trade? wright? cook? arroyo? richardson? they couldn't get a starting caliber center for any of those srcubs.. although richardson has his moments and wright is coming along as of late

Mcgrady to the Suns for Jrich and Barbosa works as well.

TEXASTITAN
12-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Still UNDERVALUING a Mcgrady deal bulls. In any deal they make they are going to involve picks you know how morey works and with the uncertainty of yao they are going to need an extra first rounder to either draft a project center or trade the pick for an established one. 2 players and a 1st round pick or 3 players and a second rounder because the teams wanting to clear cap space want him more than our need to trade him. If houston keeps him they clear space to make a move these other teams like the knicks and the heat need him to clear cap space and in miami's case they are going to have to throw in picks there's no way around it. Jermaine oneal,1st rounder,haslem for mcgrady's expiring sounds about right. And all the haters keep in mind that 80% of tmac's remaining 23 million this year is insured and paid by someone other than the team that has him so it's a win win for any potential trade partner.

StevenU2009
12-29-2009, 01:56 PM
bmikey-the suns got better because of steve nash, and more additions-the nets got better because of jkidd-i know marbury is not as good as either of those players, but that's not the issue-there is such a thing as coincidence and you make a lot of quantum leaps like nate made the Knicks lose or something along those lines-the knicks still have no playmaking and they still are short on shooting-the things these two players provided-and oh yeah they can not score at all in the paint, except when teams fail to defend the pick and roll-that's what Curry offers (not that i am a curry fan)-My point? Coach D is an egomaniac who loves to scapegoat guys. AI IS making philly better-Tmac WILL make someone better-Tinsley IS helping make Memphis better-the main crime these players committed was getting paid a lot by teams that underperformed-I say those teams' management is responsible for the failures and not any one player-happy new year

StevenU2009
12-29-2009, 01:59 PM
p.s: The Celts DID want Marbury back-do your homework-they offered him a contract and they have no back up point guard. He made an awful decision not to accept it, for which he is responsible and he is suffering the consequence. Still, his sad emotional and mental undoing was indeed initiated by being abused by and lied to by Coach Damphony. This is not just my opinion-google it and see what Bill Russell said about his emotional mental injuries at the hands of the Knicks-pretty interesting stuff.

Big Zo
12-29-2009, 03:05 PM
I don't want him, his injuries, or his wandering eye anywhere near my team.