PDA

View Full Version : Biggest problems with All-star weekend

shep33
12-16-2009, 03:05 PM
You guys remember that dunk contest, with VC, Francis, Tmac, Stackhouse, among others. I personally think that was the greatest dunk contest, slightly infront of MJ vs Nique. But in all honesty the Dunk Contest sucks now, and i think a part of the reason is the rules.

Go back to having 6-8 competitors, makes it more interesting.

What do you guys think? Are we ever gonna get a good one again?
I hope this year LBJ goes in, even though I think he'll lose, it'd be great for the league. How about putting D-league players in the dunk contest?

What if they played America vs the World? And by the World i mean the best international players in the NBA and Europe (i.e. Spanish league etc.) vs. selected NBA players who aren't in the ASG. For instance, guys who don't make the all-star game, and can't really play in the Rookie game. When I saw Olympic basketball, it was so competitive, b/c the American's want to prove that they're the best, and the rest of the world wants to prove that they can beat them. Now the problem with this is gonna be less allstars. So maybe adding a International vs. NBA game, which could feature guys like Rubio etc. I think it'd actually be fun to watch. What do you guys think?

JayW_1023
12-16-2009, 03:08 PM
The ASG is one big sham...they don't even play hard anymore. It's just one big basketball spoof...sport entertainment BS. Give me a real NBA game anytime.

albertc86
12-16-2009, 03:14 PM
The dunk contest will never be what it once was because we've seen everything already. The 3-point contest is even more worthless because most those guys can't hit a 3 when it matters most. The all-star game is alright to watch but would be better if the best players were voted in and not by position.

ko8e24
12-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Bring the All-Star back to MSG!!!

AAhhh, I remember the one in 98, Jordan in his last season (as a Bull) vs Kobe's 2nd yr in the league

rsweene
12-16-2009, 04:17 PM
The ASG is one big sham...they don't even play hard anymore. It's just one big basketball spoof...sport entertainment BS. Give me a real NBA game anytime.

Gs, what a buzzkill. Nobody wants to get hurt and its all for fun. Last year Shaq and Kobe were awesome having a ball, thats what all star weekend is all about, besides providing T-Mac with EXTRA security of course.

Hellcrooner
12-16-2009, 04:29 PM
all star is or kids and hype lovers theres no way to arrange it really,

ChiSox219
12-16-2009, 05:42 PM
You guys remember that dunk contest, with VC, Francis, Tmac, Stackhouse, among others. I personally think that was the greatest dunk contest, slightly infront of MJ vs Nique. But in all honesty the Dunk Contest sucks now, and i think a part of the reason is the rules.

Go back to having 6-8 competitors, makes it more interesting.

What do you guys think? Are we ever gonna get a good one again?
I hope this year LBJ goes in, even though I think he'll lose, it'd be great for the league. How about putting D-league players in the dunk contest?

Completely agree on the number of competitors. I think 6 would be nice, 8 might be pushing it unless the first elimination is quick. I think we also need judges that take the contest seriously instead of handing out 10s to every decent dunk.

What if they played America vs the World? And by the World i mean the best international players in the NBA and Europe (i.e. Spanish league etc.) vs. selected NBA players who aren't in the ASG. For instance, guys who don't make the all-star game, and can't really play in the Rookie game. When I saw Olympic basketball, it was so competitive, b/c the American's want to prove that they're the best, and the rest of the world wants to prove that they can beat them. Now the problem with this is gonna be less allstars. So maybe adding a International vs. NBA game, which could feature guys like Rubio etc. I think it'd actually be fun to watch. What do you guys think?

Disagree, could not disagree more. I stopped watching the NHL all-star game for this very reason. East vs West is perfect.

Hellcrooner
12-16-2009, 05:56 PM
and dunk is the biggst joke of the whole thing.

nothing with JUDGES involved is a true competition or sport, just a popularity contest or a whe give good grades to the potential merchandise seller dude.

Last years kryptonante thing was vomitive.

ManRam
12-16-2009, 06:02 PM

All all-star games are stupid. Football and baseball are worse in my opinion. Hockey is by far the best. At least you get to see some cool dunks, passes, Shaq playing PG etc.

Slimsim
12-16-2009, 06:09 PM
I think The ASG should do what they do in Baseball. Who ever win between the East or West get home court Advantage in the NBA Finals no matter which team has the better record. Should make the game really Competitive.

superkegger
12-16-2009, 06:11 PM
all star is or kids and hype lovers theres no way to arrange it really,

This sentence is for kids and english teachers, there's no way to arrange it really.

Lake_Show2416
12-16-2009, 06:29 PM
put shannon brown in it

letshannondunk.com

ko8e24
12-16-2009, 06:43 PM
put shannon brown in it

letshannondunk.com

:nod:

and welcome to psd fellow laker fan! :clap:

Bashna
12-16-2009, 08:29 PM
:nod:

and welcome to psd fellow laker fan! :clap:

*points to the door* We're full up on Laker fans in this "Club"/Forum, please exit the premises as soon as possible.

JayW_1023
12-17-2009, 05:09 AM
and dunk is the biggst joke of the whole thing.

nothing with JUDGES involved is a true competition or sport, just a popularity contest or a whe give good grades to the potential merchandise seller dude.

Last years kryptonante thing was vomitive.

Vomitive. I like that word. Another word I like is pinerider...which is what Nate is now I believe.

Unbelievable how much hype a player gets just by being a good dunker. We all know Harold Miner, Gerald Green and the like.

That's why i dislike the all-star games...it is fiesta for fans who only enjoy the flashiness of basketball...but not the purists who enjoy seeing teams fighting for a W.

Gee, I just realized I posted my 6000th post on PSD. Took me long enough.

Faneik
12-17-2009, 06:31 AM
This sentence is for kids and english teachers, there's no way to arrange it really.

You do know english isn't his native language?

How many languages do you speak/write?

mdabstar
12-19-2009, 03:26 AM
I think they should do what baseball does where the winner gets homecourt advantage... i doubted the baseball method but its starting to grow in with me

ldc62
12-19-2009, 03:58 AM
THE BIGGEST PROBLEM THIS ALLSTAR WEEKEND: Mark Cuban complaining to David Stern that Dirk didn't get allstar game MVP and blaming it on the lack of calls.

Apophis
12-19-2009, 07:14 AM
double....slow *** pc's at work...

Apophis
12-19-2009, 07:15 AM

Um..... He lives in Spain.... English is not his first language... no need for grammar cops.... Its not hard to understand what he is trying to say...